Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 366 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 376 total)

• Day 13, Scotland, FD

Hi everyone, im Jumping into June. im on my second week back on the 5.2 diet.

Plan today is;
    Tin of Lidl chicken noodle soup, 114 calories – lunch
    1 medium Boiled egg, 66 calories – snack
    ASDA Plant Based Harissa, Chickpea & Grain Salad 239 calories- dinner

Ive ran out of beetroot, so it will be pickled onions added to my salad for dinner, they are 27 calories /100g.

= 476

45 minutes body attack class after work also.

Lets do this !!!

Day 13 UK
    Down to 85.45 K 13:13 lbs
    Entertaining family with cups of morning tea, fried breakfast steak and sweet potato and salad

Did a long bike ride yesterday -training for the Tri great fun.
    I am back weight wise to where I was on 2/6 before I gained again i – so i need to maintain this time
    It’s so easy to just eat a load of cereal and bread!
    Have a good week

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@michelinme – aced my FD yesterday, thanks! Haven’t blown any FDs so far this month. I very rarely do, once I’ve made up my mind. I still need to cut down or even cut out the 🍷 though. @linda.b is my muse where alcohol is concerned.

@daffodil2010 – ‘Saturday morning’, that’s probably why you were the only ones in the cinema? 😅 I didn’t even know cinemas opened in the mornings! That movie’s had excellent reviews though. I haven’t seen it yet, But I loved Top Gun.

@lilymartin – re neighbours, mine now have a problem with their geyser. Every time they run water it comes out from their overflow pipe under their kitchen window into the corridor, and drips down to just outside my front door. I’ve sent pics to our managing agents; they then sent a plumber who arrived when no-one was home/running water, & sent pics without dripping water and declaring everything okay?! So now I’m 100% on the warpath. Imagine prospective buyers coming to view my unit, & the first thing they see is water dripping from above?! 😒

@goal10kg – welcome!

RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 💪 🎯

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg

Day 13 – Ireland – FD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Good morning all. Still here, still haven’t caught up on posts.
    First FD in a while… Cycled to work. No added sugars today and after a month or so of fun times and busy times I’m back off alcohol. Until the next fun time. 👍😂
    Good luck to all today.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 13 – USA/GA – OMAD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs. Doing an OMAD lunch today! Hoping to see a nice result this week.

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, NE – FD500

Whoop-whoop, I’m back!! My life is now my own, after a VERY long season of Lent, taxes, Easter, Hymn Fest, and VBS. The sad news is that I’ve done serious damage: my weigh in this morning was 152.6 lbs. The good news is that I believe I have myself back in control of what “reasonable” is on the 5 days, and I’m resuming a regular 5:2. The only exception is that I really like my WFD each Tuesday, so I’ll fast on M-Th and WF on Tuesday if that works out. I may, however, get a non-fat unflavored latte on Tuesdays…that will feel a serious treat, and some skim milk is never bad, right?

The crazy news of my world is that the low last night was, truly, 80/26 degrees, and the high today is expected to hit 102/81. Good grief, that’s deep summer temps! So when I woke up at 5:15 this morning (which is a weird new habit after a lifetime of sleeping until 8 or later), I decided to get up and do some weeding in “the cool of the morning.” Hah. It’s horribly muggy out there, so the feel-like temperature is closer to 90. But I got some serious progress made in my hosta bed, and it’s far more pleasant to look at. Does it strike you all as being as unfair as it strikes me that I finally have time to spend as long as I want in my garden…and the temperatures turn entirely unfriendly??? 🤣🤣

I need to run to town for some quick errands, and then I plan to sew in the cool of my AC; that will hopefully keep me distracted from the kitchen until supper when I’ll have some baked fish and steamed broccoli, a proper FD meal.

@i-hate-lettuce I’ll have to put Thimbleby on my bucket list!

@funshipfreddie Holy cow!! “Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein. 44 letters! It’s Afrikaans” That’s something to share with my family, LOL!!

@ccco So very glad you’re finally on the mend, and what a glorious silver lining that you’re so close to goal!

@mariaelena I tried eggplant a number of times when I was younger and finally gave up, but sometime in the past year decided I needed to try again, so found a recipe for Eggplant Parmesan…and loved it, and have made it twice since then. It’s certainly not calorie-friendly, however, so I won’t be having it for awhile now that I’m firmly back on the 5:2 wagon. How did yours turn out last night, and did it satisfy your craving? OH! I just read your post from Sunday about your temps and your power being out. Oh, honey, you have my deepest sympathy; that’s a serious problem, not merely an annoyance and inconvenience!

@northgeorgia It made me grin that you started yesterday’s post as NFD and ended it hooting and hollering as you joined @funshipfreddie on the pocket list!

@goal10kg Welcome; we’re glad to have you with us, and I love the details of your menus for today; I’m always fascinated to hear what others eat on FDs.

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol

I spent a BOATLOAD of time suffering through the pain of regret over the last few days, and am going to work hard to experience only the pain of discipline today!

My personal themes for June:

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ~ Jim Rohn

“You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

Day 13 UK FD

It’s been an unexpectedly hectic day and not yet got to the garden. Forgot to weigh myself this morning but feeling puffy after the weekend. Planning to have a OMAD early supper of big salad, a small dahl and some berries, and stay away from the kitchen.

One of those days when so many different things come in my head is spinning. unexpectedly hectic day and not yet got to the garden but will do that once I finish this post. So many seedlings to pot on and things to plant out, plus it’s hot out there so I think an evening watering may be needed too. A mini heat wave due this week so temperatues will rise over the next few days – 19/21/22/26/29/26/21 C! It’s my birthday on Thursday and I’m hoping to go out but that’s the one non-sunny day 🙁

@matpi that allergy attack sounds very uncomfortable. Hope no ill effects
    @lilymartin good to hear from you tho sorry things have been so hard. Hope things begin to pick up from here
    @linda.b I had the looooonnnnnggggest plateau in 2018 – 12 weeks with barely a budge on the scales, but went down almost 3 dress sizes in that time. Fasting is always doing something it just may not be what we measure
    @i-hate-lettuce sounds as tho you have got straight back into the swing of things post holiday
    @daffodil2010 500km is a heck of a journey! Where was the route?
    @goal10kg Great to have you with us for your second week. Your menu today sounds great – and SO easy!
    @5413.5 well done getting back to where you were; carbs are far too easy
    @funshipfreddie woop woop! Funny how things feel so much simpler once our minds are set
    @jaifaim good to be fasting with you today x
    @northgeorgia promising start to the week
    @stitchincarol glad you finally have your time as your own again. I love your quotes

We are just coming to the turning point of the month but still plenty of time to make good progress

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol
    @michelinme

Day 13

We were close to 48 hours without power- the transformer behind my neighbors home blew. Well, I guess it exploded. We were home and felt the shock wave as much as heard the boom. An expensive mess. We were able to save little in the freezer, nothing in the fridge.

Obviously considering it could have been worse. But we didn’t need this stress and financial strain and I’m having a tough time coping right now. I’ll be back in a few days and bring a better attitude.

Day 14, FD, Aus

Long weekend here so I’m late to the posting party and missed my usual Monday FD. Always nice to log in and catch up with everyone’s news.

Those pups are going to be a lot of fun, @linda.b!

Got a busy day and no time to post more – sorry all.

Oh no! Just saw your post @mariaelena. Commiserations; take the time out you need and we will welcome you back with open arms.

Day 13 – second post

@stitchincarol LOL, I didn’t even realize I put NFD in the title haha!

Well, OMAD didn’t work out today. Family had sudden dinner plans. But I did a 7 hour eating window. I’ll do my OMAD tomorrow, fast on Wednesday, and now — because the TACO TRUCK is coming to work on Thursday, I can’t resist — Thursday will have to be a NFD 🙂

Day 13 Ohio, US — MFD

A so-so MFD. I almost didn’t continue the fast past supper, because I felt so bad. But supper helped and it looks as though I’ll be able to make it in good shape. What I think happened was another reaction to food. There are two possible culprits, so I’ll have to watch and see which one causes problems in the future.

@mariaelena Oh my! Hope that the transformer gets fixed quickly and all gets back to normal in short order! Is the power transformer maintained by some sort of company? Or does the neighborhood have to cover the costs of the repairs?

@stitchincarol and @mariaelena My mother loved eggplant, but the only way she could get us kids to eat it was in eggplant parmesan. That supports my theory that with enough cheese anything will taste good! 🙂

@funshipfreddie Another theory of mine is that no matter how badly things are malfunctioning, as soon as the repairman shows up, they work perfectly. Good luck with getting those plumbing repairs done!

@goal10kg Welcome back! Great menu for the day! Is a body attack class what they call a “self-defense class” around here. Or is it heavy martial arts?

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol
    @michelinme
    @matpi

Day 14 – Tuesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD) – my WEIGH DAY

Followed my FUN DAY faithfully yesterday. Wasn’t hard to stick to the FD as went to dentist at 4.30pm. All good but, as I have very sensitive teeth and flinch so much making it difficult for him to do the dreaded “scale and polish”, dentist suggested for first time to numb the teeth first. Sure I said…. so he proceeded to inject no less than 6 times making my entire mouth totally numb! This was good for him as he could proceed with his task at hand very quickly without any flinching at all from me. In fact, it took longer to do the 6 x injections than it did to do the scale and polish. Great. However, I came home with a totally numb, dribbling mouth and had to wait to 10.00pm for it to return to normal….. no hot cup of tea… no food and couldn’t actually speak coherently. My daughter rang to discuss her day and all I could do was say mmm and ahh at appropriate intervals…. hilarious ha ha! 🤣😂😃😁 Will I do this again? …. I’ll think about! But the silver lining is that by 10.00pm I just wanted a cup of tea and go to bed… great for my FD! … and lovely shiny teeth too!

Now, let’s talk about today, it is my WEIGH DAY!!! GRRRR! Even after yesterday’s more than successful FUN DAY (FD thank you dentist!) the scales did NOT drop this morning. Again, message to universe PLATEAU BEGONE!!!!!! 😫😜😝😫 I am still a measly 300gm off my goal. RIDICULOUS! I’ll weigh again tomorrow….

@michelinme Thanks for the support re plateau.. Because it’s winter here I don’t really know if I’ve dropped any dress sizes…. might have though…. but all bundled up in cosy clothes at the moment. 🥰🥰🥰

@goal10kg Welcome to you, you’ll love the support you receive here😀😄😊

Sorry for my grumbles today😣 …. will do an attitude transplant and be chirpy tomorrow! 😇🥳

cheerie dearies

Beauty is skin deep but attitude is down to the bone 😍

Day 14 – Ireland – CD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Hello all! Thanks for popping me on the pocket list @stitchincarol- I was so tired yesterday I forgot to do that 🙃 and thank you @michelinme- I was definitely with you yesterday! 💪 honestly not the best FD I have ever done.. but back in the zone. 🎯 and I’ve caught up a little on the news 😊

Things are incredibly busy both at work and home but I do work better under pressure so very much just going with it… Fun times are interspersed throughout this period so enjoying the catch up with friends after all this time. Belated birthday celebration trips are now happening 2 years later 😍 🚴‍♀️ ☀️ 🚢 🏖
    On that… a question for the cruise experts -I’ve been thinking all along that my summer cruise will involve sun, pool etc but July in the Norwegian Ffjords is going to be cool enough isn’t it? So maybe I don’t need to bring swimming togs and dresses but padded jackets and woolly socks 🧦😂? We have signed up for a few hikes as I have to see as much as I can in a short time 😍 🇳🇴 .

Belated birthday wishes to you dear @at! 🎈 and @daffodil2010 🎈what a significant birthday you have just celebrated. Thinking of you and your dear mum and of course your father – I hope he is well.
    I am very lucky to have had both my parents to a great age and to still have mum with us.
    Like you I’m working early to late at the moment but sleep is eluding me a little… it’s not like me (well until this past year) so I must make a few changes before it becomes the new norm. 👍

Hi @goal10kg, @michtobesmall, @losinglana and welcome to the forum 🤗

@5413.5 good luck with the tri training. What are the distances?

Sorry you’ve been feeling unwell @ccco and hope you are on the road to recovery.

@penz – well done on finding your mojo! Bravissimo! 👏👏 I’m busy off looking for mine 🔍 👀 but know it’s just hiding off in some corner… I should be in the zone – all the trips I was so focussed on at the start of the year are happening and I have blown it a little but then I think “ah shur it’s time for fun 🤩 “ but we all know that vicious circle ⭕️ and that’s why we are here…. 🤗

@funshipfreddie I would love to have your attitude when it comes to FDs and no deviating off plan once committed. This is where I need to get to… I need to ace a few soon.
    Sorry to hear about your neighbour stresses and good luck with the sale.
    @lilymartin – glad you hear you are well after Covid 👍

@lindab reading back on posts, I can just imagine my kitchen after beetroot spiralization (word?) 💦 . You are so right about bad neighbours and can be such a shame when you love where you live. 🥲 I am so glad to hear that you are doing ok. You are such a brave person and life is good! I had a traumatic (not abusive) marriage break up years ago – and it takes so much out of you – but rebuilding your self can actually be lot of fun too once you realise that life is out there for the taking and it’s ALL about you now… you can do whatever you want, take up any opportunity, have as much fun as you can handle 😂 without worrying about anyone else/what they want/might think etc .. sad moments do hit you out of the blue but… they hit you less and less as time goes on 💕

@matpi reading back on the minimalist way of life a la Jack Reacher I SO need to pare back my belongings… every so often I get to the point where I feel like my house is “bulging” with stuff, things, clothes, multiple cleaning products etc so very much at one of those points now.. I thought I’d clear everything during Covid but I was too busy having outdoor fun but I really must apply myself now as it gets in on me a little bit… I hope you are well and am glad you stayed safe from the tornado. I have my accupuncture next week and am dying for it 💕

@mariaelena I am sorry you are under such pressure at the moment. What a shock you must have got when the transformer blew 🥲.
    @i-hate-lettuce thanks for pointing us back to the ospreys – I find it very mindful to sit and watch them if I’m having a particularly busy day. @songbirdme I’m off to see how the eagles are doing now… off around the world on my pc…. 🌎

Hope those on holidays are having a great time @brightonbelle and anyone else?
    Hi @snowflake56 👋 good to see you pop on, @betsylee Hope you are well.

Any word from @flourbaby? I hope she is ok.…

Have a lovely day everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 14 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Very straightforward FD yesterday, oddly after being on holiday, I find FD’s etc very easy. Having spent the last week away and within reason eating and drinking whatever I want, I’ve come back and not particularly bothered about food at all, in fact not been hungry! Strange how my attitude towards food and drink has changed over the last 3 years.

Take care all.

Day 14 NFD Scotland

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! First fast day of the week went well yesterday, I had a nice sense of achievement when i was trying to get to sleep 🙂 Im just eating some fresh pineapple right now and thought id google how calorific pineapple is, hey only 82 calories per cup!

Body attack is an aerobic class! Here is the difinition – BODYATTACK™ is a high-energy fitness class with moves that cater for total beginners to total addicts. We combine athletic movements like running, lunging and jumping with strength exercises such as push-ups and squats. A LES MILLS™ instructor will pump out energizing tunes and lead you through the workout – challenging your limits in a good way, burning up to 555 calories**

What i did find was, I was holding back in the class. I normally give 100% but id say i only gave 75% and I wasnt knackered the way I normally am at the end! But i was just cautious as I know I hadnt eaten much and didnt want to tire myself out early in the class. I know now I can give more than 75% for sure!!

Normal eating today, milk in my coffee hurrah. Im not sure whether to fast again on Wednesday or Thursday. But im looking forward to my weigh in the morning after next fast.

Hope you all have a good day!

Day 14
    FD – and I mean it!!
    88. 55
    Will have homemade tomato soup for lunch
    And nip to the shops and get some salmon for dinner
    Stay well everyone
    🤩

Second post
    Sprint tri
    500m swim 20k cycle and 5 k run – I did one earlier in year and went well
    Exercise is so good for weight and general health! Keep on keeping on!

Day 14 – USA/GA – OMAD for real

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Well, I am miserable this morning. A fast food meal at lunch and supper for my 16:8 (I did manage to eat a homegrown cucumber right before lunch), and all the caffeine kept me awake until after 1 a.m. this morning. Not a pretty night at all.

Anyway, I do intend to stick to my OMAD lunch today and have a WFD tomorrow.

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Weigh in: 150.2 lbs. Yesterday turned into a dramatically different day than imagined. When I got home from running errands–which included buying some plants to fill in holes in my hosta bed–I decided to keep working since it was only up to 90/31 (which is high, yes, but not yet the 102/38 forecasted) and I’d be mostly working in the shade. So I worked until one o’clock, and DH got the lawn mowed and cleaned out the gutters, and not only does the yard finally look lovely again, but we were feeling quite virtuous…and deserving of a treat! So we decided to go to Omaha for oysters: far less than than 200 calories for a dozen, so very FD-friendly. Then we decided to go to Lincoln instead and include our sons. Then we realized there are no oysters to be found in Lincoln. (The texts were flying fast between the four of us, LOL!) So we gave up on a FD and went anyway. I showed great restraint but can’t find calories listed anywhere for the food choices I made, so it is what it is, and I’m okay with it. One sign of how well I ate is that my gut is happy this morning instead of protesting at how much I put in it, a common feeling for the past week! And today will be a WFD.

@linda.b What drama your teeth cleaning turned into, huh?? Let us know what you decide on for the next cleaning. As to not losing anything after your FD yesterday…that is a massive conundrum. Truly, that’s all it is. Not even a plateau, but a C.O.N.U.N.D.R.U.M. So, so strange that your body is holding onto every gram it can find to hoard!! You ought to go try on a pair of slacks or a skirt that were too snug before Easter and see what’s up with them now…

@jaifaim I’m so envious of your Norwegian Fjords cruise; it sounds glorious! There are still relatives on my dad’s side living there, and my sisters and I are planning a trip there one of these days…I’m hopeful that turns into reality and not merely wishful thinking.

@i-hate-lettuce What a lovely new reality you have, that you can eat with some abandon on holiday, but immediately move right back into restraint once you’re home.

@goal10kg Isn’t it lovely to have discovered 5:2 and feel the benefits so immediately? I don’t always have the success I want, but that’s always because I’m not falling the basic plan; when I do, it’s a wonderful feeling, and something I intend to do for the rest of my life for the health benefits it provides as well as the weight loss when needed!

@5413.5 Wow, homemade tomato soup for lunch AND salmon for dinner and it’s a FD? I never can pull off salmon on a FD because there are simply too many calories for anything much else. What’s your total calorie goal between the soup and the salmon? What else are you having? And I’ve forgotten, and you didn’t include it: where do you live?

@northgeorgia I’ve been there, done that…no fun. I hope you feel better soon!

I have a baby quilt to finish and get mailed, and it sure got no attention yesterday, so I’m off to my sewing room for a bit before I have to leave for today’s lessons. Have a grand one, everyone!

My personal themes for June:

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ~ Jim Rohn

“You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

Pocket List – Day 14 🦋
    @penz
    @5413.5
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 14 UK FD800?

Yesterday’s FD was Hard!It often is after a weekend of relative indulgence and the day after carbs so hopefully i will remember that for next weekend.

But I woke up this morning weighing a Smidgeon under 182lb, which was my post FD weigh-in weight last Friday. That’s a promising sign for this week and encourages my mojo to stay on point. So much so that I’m looking at making today another FD simply because it’s much hotter. I’ve shared some strawberries with my mother, and next looking to make the same vegan chilli as a couple of weeks ago, together with red carmargue rice. It was really tasty and satisfying, plus the process of cooking seems to help control my appetite. I’ll steam some cauliflower to go on the side for extra texture.

Lovely to read all the posts – it’s lively here today! – and forgive me if I don’t do a Host Post reply. I’ve been on the go since 8am and have a two hour meeting this evening, so I’m keen to get cooked, eaten and some seedlings potted on before that. My mother came to tea for the first time in 5 weeks, we had a video call with DD and lots of good things happening – but tomorrow.

Pocket List – Day 14 🦋
    @penz
    @5413.5
    @stitchincarol WF
    @michelinme

Day 15, NFD, Aus

Not so much a PFDS as post-FD-relief! I was SOOOOO cold last night and hungry. Curled up on the couch with umpteen layers of clothes on, beanie, gloves, blanket and a dog. So laden down I couldn’t get up to graze in the kitchen like my rumbling tummy was demanding, so the temperature dictated another successful LFD!

I don’t think I could resist a taco truck either, @northgeorgia. Sometimes this way of life needs to give way to living!

I feel your frustration, @linda.b – have that haircut now and lose those last few hundred grams!

@jaifaim, I feel safe enough to share a little of my mojo with you. Sending it on its way!

One day, @IHL, one day my metabolism will be like yours… So pleasing to read of your success and how easy you are finding things now.

I had to look up hosta bed, @stitchincarol. I’d never heard of it but when I saw the images on line I recognised them. I bet your garden is looking fantastic now and you and your DH well deserved that special treat out.

Day 14 – 2nd post

@penz I struggled with it seven-fold, then realized the taco truck would most assuredly win! Thankfully, a couple of friends I only get to see once every year or two thought Thursday evening would be a better day for a dinner, so Wednesday will be my FD instead 🙂

Today’s OMAD went well. I was conscripted into a conference that I didn’t realize I was invited to attend, and they said they had an extra lunch ordered due to cancellations. So I had a nice chicken salad sandwich with fresh romaine and onion. There was also a fruit bowl of grapes, watermelon and cantaloupe. And, well, not so good stuff like potato chips and fried apple pie, but all in all, much healthier than what I would have likely otherwise eaten. Hoping for a good WFD tomorrow, then Taco Thursday, here I come!

Day 15 – Wednesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD)🦘🦘🦘

Ok, had a good sleep and have a better attitude today! So what if I’m on a plateau?…. or wrestling with a conundrum (courtesy stitchincarol 🤣)? It really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Today or tomorrow or next week, it really doesn’t matter too much. The important thing here is that I apply myself to this WAY OF LIFE and the rest will just look after itself.🥰 I’m happy with that!😊

@penz 🤣😂😁🤣😂😁😂🤣 ha ha! I’m onto it! I am booked to do the dirty deed on Saturday… the haircut I mean. My dear friend is my hairdresser and we may well be plied with champers to celebrate while we do it (me with non-alcoholic champers!). She’s encouraging me to go much shorter than I’ve been before, hoping for a new ‘edgier’look 👀👀👀 … actually I might not let her have her champers until AFTER she’s finished the job! 😮😮😜😜😛

@jaifaim thank you for your words of wisdom 🙏🙏 it’s so nice when someone understands the ups and downs of it, but more and more ups for me! I am choosing to be happy going forward and, you know, it’s kinda’ exciting 🥳 and I’m loving it! 😇

Enough today…

cheerie dearies

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change. – Darwin

Day 15 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

In for a warm spell these next few days, so a great time for our fiends to meet for a BBQ bash 😉 The garden is doing very well indeed, been going round with the secateurs and pruning back the early plants that have flowered and gone to seed @stithcincarol – I know what you mean about a gap or two in the garden, for some strange reason one fed has a gap where the plants, previously done well are very poor this year. But will have to wait until autumn to move plants from a section which has become overgrown, forever planning!

@jaifaim – Cruising in July in Norway is spectacular, yes it can be a little cool at times, particularly on the outside decks when under way, but once ‘parked up’ and ashore, it’s wonderful. My favourite cruise country if I’m honest, the people are so nice and friendly as well. It rather helps that English is taught as a second language in schools and is widely used.
    Be prepared to be awake all hours and not to miss sailing in (and out) of the fjords, it’s magnificent and the air is so clean. Wouldn’t mind being with you, we’re booked for summer 23 for our next trip there 🙂

Take care all

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Loving to read all the chatter the past few days, it’s a lively group we have here indeed.

@linda.b so glad you are getting the haircut, well deserved, and wait till you see, the plateau will be no more after it 😄

I am struggling with FD’s myself these days…I guess it’s staying the same weight all the time no matter what I do..a few pound here and there but no significant change…but I am still in great form and feel healthy..so I will keep on keeping on.

Ha ha @funshipfreddie, yes an early morning show at the cinema would explain why we had it to ourselves on Saturday. We watched the first Top Gun on Friday night, Maverick was so cocky in the first film, the sequel on Saturday was excellent. Maverick no longer cocky, but still determined, and a lovely scene between him and Iceman. Highly recommended.

So it’s still busy in work but not doing overtime this week, I was so tired last Friday night after two weeks of super long days.

Tonight for dinner DH is cooking prawns and I will make a spinach omelette….I will just a couple of prawns as I am not mad on the texture at all, me and seafood not really big fans….but a good protein rich dinner and early to bed in the brightness of an Irish summer sky. It’s bright till near 11pm now!!! Bright morning skies from around 3am 😄

Have a great day 🐫

Day 15 – UK – FD

Hello all – Cannot believe that we are already halfway through this June Challenge…….where has the time gone……..still here despite not posting since my birthday – I’m ticking along doing 6:1 at the moment and trying to stay controlled on the other days

Thank you for all your lovely birthday wishes 🤗 Dear @snowflake56 thanks for popping in to HB x

Had a fab week celebrating my birthday with family and friends – lots of different get togethers enjoying good food and drink but also some lovely hiking days – the longest was over 22km/13miles!

My main birthday treat is still to come in July when OH has booked to take me back to L’Enclume for a birthday dinner – pre Covid this was “our place” to celebrate birthdays or wedding anniversary 💕 (the old timers on here may remember!)

This weekend I’m going with a good friend to a “Yoga Summer Solstice Day Workshop” another birthday treat!

@daffodil2010 – belated happy 55th birthday 💐 sorry I was AWOL and missed it
    @mariaelena – sorry to hear about the broken toe
    @losinglana @goal10kg @losinglana – welcome on board
    @i-hate-lettuce – I love how well controlled your eating/drinking has become……I still struggle but at least I’m managing to stay within my happy place! the babies are growing so quick – love having a quick look at the web cam every day to check on their progress!
    @matpi @penz and others – I’m a Reacher fan too but only of the books and not the films – I agree with @penz that Tom Cruise is just not “Reacher” from the books!!
    @mariaelena – 128.4lbs way to go 👍
    @ccco – 2lbs away from final goal – fantastic news!

Sorry could not comment on everyone’s post but managed to have a quick read and hope I have not missed any major changes for anyone 🤗

Right off to get organised for my regular Wednesday morning Yoga class 🙏

Putting myself on a Pocket list for motivation

Pocket List – Day 15 🎯
    @at

Day 15, FD, Scotland

Well here I am the second fast day of the week. I dont have my menu planned for the day, which im not happy about, i think when i have my menu set it just gets me in the zone ie this is whats happening, no messing around!

So I have a tin of Lidl vegetable soup which is 160 cals so that is lunch for sure, and I think I will add to that some fresh pineapple, 82 calories. Not literally add it to the soup ha 🙂

I’ll need to pop to Asda after ive visited my gran and pick up something for dinner, but hey that will kill a bit of time too. Its going to be a salad or a ready meal, beefed up with some pickled veg or just veg.

Hope everyone has a good day! PS I pigged out a bit last night, hope its still good news on the scales tomorrow…..

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs. Hoping to see the Goose egg tomorrow. Got to run. I need a mini-vacation!

Pocket List – Day 15 🎯
    @at
    @goal10kg
    @northgeorgia

Day 15 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD800 morphed to a controlled day but still weighing in 182lbs. The scales feel very slow but reminding myself I’ve only been back here 3 weeks and have lost 7lbs already! I’m impatient to get back to 178lb which is where i started in 2017 so I can track myself 🙂

I’m knackered and struggling today. My body & health conditions really don’t do heat so this is a really challenging few days, especially as temp has gone up 6C overnight. My brain stops working clearly and body feels as tho it’s melting – I rely on the fixed spasms of dystonia for strength and when the temperature goes up the spasm relaxes and I’m floppy. But I’ve got a haircut booked 2pm today – squeezed in before my hairdresser of 20 years retires at the end of June – so taxi booked and taking lots of water, will come home and sleep.

Tomorrow it’s my birthday so I’ll fast on Friday instead of usual Thursday. I’ve taken the day off and have a couple of big errands to run with a friend then we plan to stop off at a garden centre for lunch and to spend my birthday money… Sadly family all away or ill but we’ll catch up on video calls then celebrating with friends at the weekend.

Lovely to see it’s lively here again after a quieter 10 days, so I’m happy to sit back and enjoy the craic 🙂

@at great to hear from you again, and glad things continue well. I remember your epic birthday dinners 🙂

Day 15 UK Manchester
    88 kg
    Goin well- 5 k run yesterday and made puy lentil salad and salmon with sweet potatoes roasted
    All good so far!!

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I’m here!! I don’t think I posted yesterday, & it almost makes me feel like I’m playing truant when I don’t post. I’ve been stressing over my tax returns + people coming to view my apartment. The good news is it may be sold, subject to bond approval. The bad news is they want to move in by August 1st. So I need to find somewhere very quickly, or else Boo Boo & I will be living in the car 😳

Haven’t done a FD since Sunday, but I’ll be on the list tomorrow 🎯

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 15 – Ireland – CD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Hello all! Well yesterday I ate waaaay too much! But I did sleep really well last night so I’m very glad about that 😁 it was much needed.

I’m applying myself today and it’s going well but it is only 14h00 🤪😂 And yesterday it was later than this when I lapsed… won’t go into details but lots of sugary things brought back to my house after the weekend!

Oh @at yes I remember l’Enclume is your special place… I am going to try get over there later this year or next year if I can swing it… we’ll see!

Have a great day everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Second post

I only had the soup for lunch and I felt a bit dizzy when I stood up a few times so I made half a stock cube with hot water.

Ive been peeing like mad today.

Im hoping to get a salad and some fresh prawns at asda, which should come well within my allowance, for dinner.

Asda, then a nice long bath, then dinner, then bed 🙂

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Okay, weigh-in was 148.2, so FAR better than Monday’s 152.6 lbs. I knew it was mostly water weight–and I know that my weight this morning is partly nothing more than water loss–but I don’t look so puffy in the mirror, so I feel much better about what I’m weighing/eating.

Yesterday’s WF wasn’t. My last lesson cancelled, and I didn’t bother to find things to do before coming home, so I arrived here around 5:30, two-plus hours earlier than usual. And between DH eating, and the lovely peaches I’d bought, and the general temptations of food on a WFD, it turned into a FD500. 🤷‍♀️ C’est la vie.

We had rain last night, so I don’t need to water, and I’m so confused not to have a long list of obligations to accomplish, LOL! I’m thinking I’ll tidy/sew in my sewing room and perhaps pot up the last few plants I bought the other day, once it’s a bit drier outside. What a luxury to get to choose!

@michelinme That was indeed a lovely weight yesterday morning; nicely done!

@penz Too funny that being so cold is why you succeeded in your LFD! There are silver linings to so many things, even being cold and bundled up!

@linda.b How exciting that the long-anticipated haircut is scheduled and soon!!

@i-hate-lettuce The nice thing about my hosta bed–the one with the holes that got planted on Monday–is that none of the plants I put in look the least bit stressed from transplanting, despite the crazy-hot days we’ve been having, and last night’s rain was a wonderful treat for them. DH and I are going to put fresh mulch on everything (wood-chips) and that will be the finishing touch that makes it look finished and well-tended.

@daffodil2010 Oh, MY! I had no idea you were so far north that you had so little darkness in the summer!

@at How lovely that your DH has become willing to go out again; I’m sure you’re so thrilled to be going back to “your” spot!

@goal10kg It sounds like you are well in control of your plan and today’s plan sounds lovely; well done!

@funshipfreddie Oh, my, big news indeed! I hope the sale goes smoothly and that you quickly and easily find a LOVELY place to lay your own head.

In the middle of all that chatter, a piano student showed up whom I’d entirely forgotten about! So much for thinking my day was my own, LOL! But he’s taught, my piano bookkeeping is caught up, lots of emails have been deleted, and now I’m going to play. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 16, waivering but it should be a FD, Aus

Happy birthday @michelinme!! Have a wonderful celebration.

Ok, it WILL be a FD.

Day 16 – Thursday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia FUN DAY (FD)

Poisoned! 😫😝😲 Feeling very unwell today, so FUN DAY (FD) won’t be hard at all. Last night was our ladies trivia night at the local golf club. There is a new chef….she changed the menu….new menu is pasta, pizza or breaded calamari….. very limited choices…..can you see where this is going for a coeliac? The staff at the order desk said they had a GF option for the pizza so, even though I’ve not had pizza since I started IF, I ordered that. On the way back to the table I saw people eating, surprisingly, very large pizzas and thought to myself that mine will probably be smaller as GF pizza bases are usually diminutive (which is just ok by me). Mine arrived at the table and looked just like the others, BIG …. hmmmm….. so asked him was he sure this is my GF order as it did look the same as the others. He responded, “No this is definitely the GF pizza.” Re-assured I ate more than half of it. Long and short of it….Made it home to my bathroom JUST in the nick of time and continued to be ill all night long! I feel utterly wasted today, with a massive brain fog, achy joints and very uncomfortable, upset gut. In fact going back to bed now. I’ve so much work to do but I just can’t think… will have to come back to it later this afternoon.

So today’s FD? No problem!

@michelinme happy birthday – Here’s a bouquet of happiness for you.💐💐💐

cheerie dearies

You make a CHOICE to take a CHANCE or your life will never CHANGE. It’s your body and your CHOICE.

Day 16 – Ireland – CD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Happy birthday dear @michelinme 🎈I hope you rested and are spoiled by others today. 🎂

Like others I am feeling a little jaded with work and other pressures… but… I am here and life is good. 🤗

Off for a sunny walk ☀️

Have a great day everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 16 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Busy couple of days, today and tomorrow, going to be a relaxing weekend though to make up for it!

@at – You’re heading out to Cartmel again for a treat! Well we did the opposite end of the process last night, we went to Kendal College restaurant where they train youngsters for the hospitality industry. They are really very good, they do a 5 course tasting menu, four of which were stunningly excellent, the other was good, but being a tasting menu a bit small 😉 However one of the lads finishes soon and is heading to work @ Rogan & Co in a few weeks!

@stitchincarol – Nice when a plan comes together, we’re off for a visit to a specialist plant nursery where our friend there is going to give us a ‘behind the scenes’ tour, must make sure the car boot is empty and a couple of crates are in 🙂

@funshipfreddie – Fingers crossed buddy, if needs be rent for a short time if a quick sale is a deal breaker, can give you a bit of breathing space!

@linda.b – That doesn’t sound very good at all, would certainly follow up with the golf club management, before they do some serious damage to somebody!

Take care all.

Pocket list for Thursday
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 16 18:6
    Got in a 5k run before work – 😊
    Now 87.8
    Thanks for your support

Day 16, NFD, Scotland, Start weight 98kg, current weight 96kg

Well my weight stayed the same, I dropped 2kg in the first week and held this weight this week. Do you know I was thinking as much was going to happen, not sure why, i just wasnt feeling it. The first week I actually felt slimmer after fasting! But not this week. Im not too disheartened and its giving me more resolve.

I am royally pigging out tonight, we are going for a 7 course tasting menu at a curry house 🙂 I plan to be more sensible the following days!!!

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 208 lbs. Happy to break fast today with some healthy fats and a bit of fruit this morning, TACO TRUCK THURSDAY!, and an early dinner with some old friends. Forgot about possible Father’s day feast, so may change next FD to Monday.

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Boo Boo is now down to her very last life 😒 Earlier she jumped up to the table when I was busy on my laptop. But she skidded across the table, knocking my coffee flying all over the place, including the keyboard. She also knocked over a vase that was full of small coloured marbles, so they went everywhere too. It took me half an hour to sort everything out. Anyone want a cat? 😅

@linda.b – crikey, that’s awful?!I hope you’re back to normal soon?!

@michelinme – Happy Birthday! 🥳️ 🎉🎈🎁

@goal10kg – bon appetit! 😋

Pocket List for Thursday 🍋
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Weigh-in: 150.8, proving that yesterday’s 148.2 was mostly just loss of water weight that’s now returned, and that now I’m full of food…I find it frustrating that my weight bounces like a ball, but it has my entirely adult life, so I just have to shrug about it.

I ate reasonably yesterday…right up to the point after dinner when I went down to the basement freezer and brought up the last plate of Christmas cookies and ate FAR too many of them. So, there’s some Pain of Regret this morning, right alongside the pleasure that I ate reasonably the rest of the day, including during that time when I’m starting to think about cooking supper so I start nibbling; yesterday, I instead measured out some smoked almonds and quit with them, an accomplishment not normally realized in the past weeks. Today, I have piano lessons in Omaha, and errands to run besides, so I’ll eat my 500 calorie meal either before I leave or when I get home, depending on how long those errands will take, something I will have to think through.

@penz We’ve got you, friend, and will do our best to keep you securely on the wagon!!

@linda.b Oh NOOO!!! I hope you call that golf club and give them the what-for!!! How long will this last? I’m so sad for your misery!

@jaifaim Hopefully your walk this morning helped soothe the stress of work and other pressures!

@i-hate-lettuce What a fun tour that will be! Do tell us all about the plants you acquire there!

@goal10kg Your comments about how you expected to feel, how you did feel, etc? Excellent stuff. I’ve fought to keep my weight reasonable all my life, and the one thing I know for certain is that losing weight and maintaining that loss is a mind game: when you can control your thoughts, you can control your food. And part of controlling your thoughts is recognizing how you feel as well as how you expected to feel. It sounds to me as if you’re making excellent progress on your goal. And, enjoy your curry tasting menu tonight!

@northgeorgia IT’S A GOOSE EGG!!!!! 😁

@funshipfreddie Oh, you must have been SO irritated, LOL! I’m laughing, however, to imagine Boo Boo’s astonishment as she skidded across the table! 🤣🤣🤣

@michelinme Happy, happy birthday! I hope the day is full of fun surprises and joy and nurturing! 🎂🎉🎊🎈🎶 file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp/BirthdayCakeGIF.gif

@penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @stitchincarol

Day 16 – 16:8 CD

Accountability post. FD’s this week went fine. Sending good wishes.

Day 17, NFD, Aus

Oh no @linda.b! Hope you feel better soon, especially in time for your weight-losing hair cut. I agree with @IHL – take it up with the Club management, that sort of food handling error is potentially so dangerous.

@funshipfreddie – I am not a cat person but I could almost offer to swap our two dogs for BooBoo. They have a tug toy they love to play with inside. One weekend evening not so long ago, one of them flicked the end of the toy and it connected with a full glass of red wine on the coffee table. Broken glass and red wine went flying (about as quickly as I booted them both outside – did not want them cutting their paws on the glass). I am still staggered how far drops of wine can be flung across the room and the absolute spread of marks on the wall had to be seen to be believed. (Looked like one of those post-murder scenes in those tv forensic shows.) Are we going to be surprised if you leave BooBoo behind when you move??! 

@stitchincarol – it’s mid June and you still have Christmas cookies??!?!

Ha ha – I missed the goose egg in @northgeorgia’s post. Congratulations!! To be honest, I got distracted by the taco truck…

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 16 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 15 — NFD
    Day 14 — NFD

The digestive upset that plagued me on Monday has continued all week. In the past this wouldn’t have been unusual, since once something upset the system, it would take a few days for things to normalize. I’ve been wondering if the super hot days we’ve been having this week (heat index ~105 F [~41 C]) have been major contributors to upsetting the system. The heat has been exacerbated by my air-conditioning acting up. It goes into “Defrost”mode every two hours and then pumps a lot of hot air into the house. So far I haven’t had luck with getting the maintenance people to do something about the issue. Tomorrow I’ll try again. Phew! Sorry for unloading all that, but that sets the scene for successful fasting today. The routine seems to carry me through of its own force now!

@mariaelena Successful FD’s = strength of character! Good wishes in return!

@michelinme Happy Birthday!!!

@funshipfreddie When I had my dogs, it often occurred to me that a pet is very much like a two-year old in random motion. (A little like Prince Louis). One reason that I always go for small pets is that the random problems also stay relatively small. Just imagine what would have happened had Boo Boo been a great Dane!

@northgeorgia Hope you had great tacos!

@penz
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @stitchincarol
    @matpi

Day 17 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia (NFD)

@northgeorgia is that a GOOSE EGG I see? “Weigh-in: 208 lbs” 🏆🥇🔔🔔🔔🔔 Ring the bell! Fantastic! Knew you could do it!

Well, spent the entire day in bed (NO WORK) but have come up roses this morning…🌹 still have an upset gut but having more forgiving thoughts than yesterday…. probably won’t become a terrorist and blow up the golf club after all! 😂😁😀 Discussed with girlfriends and decided it probably wasn’t the chef’s fault but maybe the wait staff just picked up the wrong pizza accidentally to serve me and another wait staff had picked up my GF pizza and given it to someone else in error. S..t happens, move on! (good old Australian slang there!)🦘🦘🦘

But…. BUT … BUT…. THERE IS A SILVER LINING TO THIS TALE!🌞🌞🌞
    Plateau gone… WHOOSH!….. scale down BELOW my target! Yaaaaayyyyyyy!🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 I’m ringing the bell! Ok, don’t burst my bubble folks, I do appreciate the wicked witch of the west will probably drive that scale up tomorrow… but, hey, I’m lovin’ it today!😍🥰😍🤩🤩🤩 Started this journey on 1st Feb and it’s taken this long to get to goal but I’ve made it and RESOLVE to continue to make sure the correct weight is sustained. WOL here I come!

So another weekend upon us. Looking forward to my new hairstyle tomorrow.

Hope your Friday and weekend is full of fun everyone.

cheerie dearies

“poco a poco” – little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually 🥦🥦🥦🥑🍄🌶🥕🥕🥒🥬🍆🍅🍅🥦🥦 RESOLVE!

Day 17 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Knew it was an overindulgent week last week, weigh in day has me 1lb up this morning. No worries though, just stick to the plan and it’ll go, anyway it was a really good (bad) week and I’m well within my 2 lb ‘buffer’ 😉

Quick call in, loads of jobs to do ready for our friends arriving for todays celebration BBQ.

Well done the ‘losers’ and those who have gained, see you on the 5:2 FD wagon very soon, might even be a 4:3 week next week after today 😉

Take care all

Day 17 UK 16:8
    Smashing this diet ! Started running before the morning rush – 5k – and it appears to be helping
    Lost weight and down to 86.7 – 13 s 9lbs
    Feeling better for it
    Opens loads of questions re psychology of eating – patterns of behaviour and change
    We are all striving so hard on this forum, so much positive intent.
    Thanks again for this

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol, @penz – wow?! The coffee was bad enough, but red wine?! Unforgivable. Miraculously my laptop seems to have survived. Just as well it wasn’t plugged in, or else I could’ve gone up like a roman candle. I was livid, but it’s impossible to stay mad at Boo Boo for more than 5 minutes; I couldn’t possibly leave her behind! 😳 In fact, the first thing I did when I knew I’d sold (95% sure) was Google ‘pet couriers’. 😻

@matpi – 41C ?! I hope you get that air con fixed soon! Prince Louis 😅 Boo Boo’s not that naughty, & much less trouble I imagine.

@5413.5, @northgeorgia & @linda.b – awesome, well done!! 💪 🏆 🎯

Happy Fri-yay 🍷

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.