July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 723 total)

• Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to church shortly.

@northgeorgia – yes, American Southern biscuits don’t exactly compare to anything else in the world, do they? I liked your description of ‘fluffy buttery scone’ though. That makes sense to me.

@stitchincarol – besides our Midwestern similarities, we have several. I also sew, teach piano lessons, and my DH is a retired pastor (small non-denominational Protestant church). I find that all interesting…

Onward and downward.

USA. /day 26. FD

I will have to put in a post quickly, as my computer is having a problem again and because of the virus, the place I had it repaired is now closed. Problems never end!!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Day 27, FD, Aus

Is it really August at the end of this week? Let’s make it a strong finish, everyone.
    I made some good food choices on the weekend. My OH had put crisps on the shopping list – he likes plain, I like salt & vinegar. So I bought plain and was not tempted at all. (insert halo!) However, my drinking choices were not so virtuous….. It is good to be on a FD today!

Some very funny posts to read through, catching up from the weekend. I’ve often wondered who I’d like to look like if I could wave a magic wand. Ultimately I’ve decided that even the most beautiful people have some little quirk I wouldn’t like so I’ve come down to trying to accept me as me. But a much slimmer version – younger too would be nice! I think I was cute in my late 20s…..

Crossing fingers your scales play nicely this morning, @northgeorgia and that 252 sticks.

Day 27 – Japan – WFD #59

Day 27, Emden Germany, FD

Pocket list day 27
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Day 27 – Ireland – FD

Need to have some good FDs this week.

Off to hospital for tests this morning. First time back there this year and since Covid so a bit of anxiety linked to that… the travel there more than the hospital… Very tired as didn’t sleep well… I’m sure it will be grand 👍

Have a good day everybody 💪

Pocket list day 27
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Hello All, I just wanted to say I am so happy I found this forum and especially this challenge. I can’t wait to join you all in August 🙂

Day 27 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Need todays FD!

Reason, Television!

We don’t watch much TV to be honest, mostly documentary, travel, wildlife and rugby!
    Certainly gave up on news etc a while ago, but perusing the listings yesterday came across a repeat worth watching! I’ve really missed rugby union, so was delighted to see there was a repeat showing of the Rugby World Cup Final from 2003. This means nothing to most people, (except it was 22nd November, our wedding anniversary) but it was the year of England v Australia, an incredible match which went to extra time and was won in the last few moments by an England drop goal!
    The problem with last night was the ‘Inner Warthog’ slipped out of the cage, slid down the water slide and into the pool not of water, but beer! Mrs I-H-L never said anything as I was obviously really enjoying the game (and beer) there were several empty bottles by bedtime! Oooops…

However, FD today and Thursday, might slip in another one!

Take care all

Pocket list day 27
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 27 – UK – FD Day1 – 144lbs

Fast800 = Wk3 D1 SW143 CW138.6 Lost 4.4lbs in 2 weeks.

Good Morning

Plan going well. Still bobbing about the same lb and have been for a week. Lost 5.4lbs so far this month. Would be great to reach 6lbs loss.

Sending positive vibes for the last few days of July.

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@flourbaby – the full English was great; but I logged every morsel on the MFP app when I got home. There were plenty of calories left for dinner & three drinks. Which turned into four. And a half 😳 But so long as I stick to 2400/2500 cals + two FDs my weight seems to be steady at 71kgs.

@jaifaim – I hope all goes well at the hospital

@prettyhelen – welcome!

Can’t believe we’re in the last week of the July Challenge already?! Have an easy one, fellow-fasters 💪

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27 – 2nd Post

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27, London, UK, LFD

It’s a quick check-in from me today, I’ve a Zoom meeting at 11 and it would be handy to have something prepared!!!!

@funshipfreddie, if only I had checked in before venturing to the garage to collect a bottle of the red stuff!!! Thanks for the pep talk, I read it half way through my 2nd glass🍷🍷!!!! Every once in a while a Full English is just what the doctor ordered!!! Working on site, I used to see lots of guys have one every, single day!!!! When you’re young and burning calories, not such a problem. I dread to think of their arteries now, the shock to their systems when physical activity slowed right down would have been catastrophic!!!

@jaifaim, mask up😷 & avoid the covidiots, you WILL be grand!!!

Welcome @prettyhelen, I’ll be hosting the August challenge, stay tuned, the challenge will be open by the end of the week. You’ve taken the 1st step to a healthier life!!!!🙌

@i-hate-lettuce, as you know, that’s the beauty of this WOL ……………………….. as long as it isn’t every day 🍻!!!

Congratulation @judyjudes, it looks like you’ve found your mojo 🙌!!! I haven’t weighed at all this month, feeling apprehensive about August 1st weigh-in!!!! 😟😳

I’m putting myself on the DTF list ………………. You see, there was this bottle in the garage 🍷 ………………..Uuurgh!!!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Day 27 UK FD

Food wise ok at weekend Unfortunately overdid it on the drink but very pleased with weight this morning so maybe the long walk on the seafront compensated

Our last Monday and indeed week of the July challenge and I m aiming for a strong finish
    Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 27 FD Uk

Good morning everyone. Only 2 FD left for me so will try to make them pay. Mucked up the pocket list posting again!! Copied and pasted and forgot to add my name.!!!!! Thank you @funshipfreddie for guessing what had happened and for looking after me. What would I do without you, you seem to have the job of looking after the technically challenged, but I am very grateful. Your day at the Leopard Rock Coffee Shop sounds wonderful. Glad you enjoyed your treat.

@jaifaim hope your hospital appointment goes well.

@basyjames very impressed with your willpower in doing 110.7 hour fast. The only way I could do that would be in hospital under medical supervision.

@emma Taylor borrowed the Obesity Code from the library. Very interesting reading, a lot to take in but it makes a lot of sense. Many thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Increased tablets seem to be helping and am hopeful that they will not affect weight loss. Will see what scales report tomorrow.

Glass half full. Have a productive and enjoyable day everyone.

Day 27 OMAD London UK

Just adding myself to the pocket list, and thanks to my ex- husband @ funshipfreddie, who despite his rather hands off co parenting skills, kindly added me to the DTF list.

Challenging lunch next week. I’m part of a small ( 4 friends) lunch group, but we haven’t met for ages. Now we are on again, and I can’t not eat. It’d just seem too rude. So the plan is to do an extended fast the previous day, not eat at all, and break my fast the following lunchtime. Never done that before, so I might struggle.

Happy Monday everybody
    Pocket List – Day 27
    @emma-taylor – sorry I accidentally deleted the apple!!!
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 27 – 4th Post

@emma-taylor – 😂 never mind the apple; it seems like no-one wants @annabelle48 to fast today?!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

2nd post, taking over from @funshipfreddie in rounding everyone up!!!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

3rd post,

Far too slow, & not sure how to delete my post!!

Maybe the duplication will make it a super successful FD for all!!!!!!

Day 27……Florida…….FD

Sorry, that I’ve been MIA, the last couple days. Hubby arrived home safe and sound, so we just spent the weekend just being together.

Food wise, not good, not good at all…… so, I’ve put Matilda back in her cage and we are going to try again!

I am going to be trying the Fast 5 this week, however, I am doing my hours between 4- 9 pm. I did read one article on the Fast 5, and there was a part that I am not sure I agreed with all that much, then it made sense when I put the nay sayers thought and perspective in place.
    Was in the first three weeks, you could possible gain or not lose weight do to binge eating during you eating window. Does any one think this is possible or was just put in there as a fancy disclaimer?

Anywho…….I’ll let you all know how it goes!

Have a good day and make good choices

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

@bert1802 – I’m not sure but I guess that might be relevant to someone who has no experience of fasting. BUT, a lot of us on here have plenty of experience, so we’re not likely to binge for fear of passing out or falling over or whatever, because we already know that doesn’t happen. I wouldn’t worry.

2 nd post

@funshipfreddie. Just read your post about no one wanting me to fast today. Sat here laughing, on the ball and such a witty comment. Made my day. Ta muchness.

thank you @flourbaby! 🙂

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

This is supposedly the last week I’ll be working from home, so next week will have its own new challenges (I’m hoping it will actually be easier!). @penz It seems like the scales cooperated this morning, so your good thoughts worked! I weighed in at 252 going into my FDs! For one moment, it even registered 251.8, so looks like I may be on track for Friday’s weigh-in/July’s goal!

Best wishes to everyone on the pocket list today!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 27 Oxon, UK FD Quick check in today.
    Enjoyed yesterday’s restaurant takeaway, Lamb Kleftico and a stunning chocolate mousse. Back on the straight and narrow today with a FD.
    Won’t weigh in till the end of the week though.
    @jaifaim – thanks it’s nice to spend more quality time with mum, but she doesn’t move much so I’m having to make an effort to keep getting up and moving around.
    Adding myself to pocket list and dry til fri.
    Have a good week everyone.
    Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 27 USA (Illinois) FD

Hopping on to join the Pocket List today. Weekend eating was just a bit indulgent….

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2
    @songbirdme

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Onward and downward.

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

The last few days were a whirlwind of activities and commitments and I didn’t manage to read posts or check in until now. Nonetheless, I managed to behave myself rather decently after that naughty child threw her fit on Friday, and this morning’s scale said 153.6, which is a tenth of a pound drop from the beginning of the month. NOT what I was hoping for from July’s efforts, but I am reminding myself that I just as easily could have gained weight, and back at 165 last January, I’d have been THRILLED to be at this weight. Today’s FD will undoubtedly take off two or more pounds, and then tomorrow’s blood drive (I coordinate our church’s six drives a year, and donate each time) will pull off a pound as well, so Wednesday’s weigh-in will look lovely, but it won’t be real. And we leave for vacation that morning, so I won’t have any idea what my official end-of-July weight is except by what I see and how clothes feel. Although, I could take along my scale… Hmmm…. LOL!

I’m still finding Fast5, where I eat only between 4 and 9 (my chosen five-hour window) to be a comfortable fit for me. The author says it takes three weeks before you move into the phase where you actually start losing a pound a week on average. I’ve been doing this officially for one week now, so we’ll see what happens. Our vacation is two weeks, and I think I will mostly be able to stick to Fast5.

@songbirdme, we are indeed very similar in our interests and lives. I also sing, have a degree in music, have directed my church’s choir since 1978, and my pastor-husband plans to retire in 4 years at age 70! Now, if only I could lose enough weight to be in maintenance as you are!!! 🙂
    @northgeorgia, how wonderful to see 252! You’re clearly doing good things.
    @prettyhelen, welcome!!!
    @judyjudes, it’s so fun to watch your numbers; well done on the progress you’re making!
    @funshipfreddie, I’m impressed that you’re able to log things onto MFP so easily, especially, as an example, your “Full English Breakfast.” I find logging food challenging where eating out is concerned, and where recipes are concerned. Have I simply not tried enough??? And, your description of your time at the Leopard Rock Coffee Shop was lovely, and makes me want to travel there!
    @bert1802, I think the idea that you’ll not lose, or even gain, during the first three weeks makes perfect sense. As I understand it, not only are you not yet at the Ketosis (is that the right word??) stage of the process, but you’re not yet at the I’m-simply-not-as-interested-in-food-as-I-used-to-be stage. Add to that the freedom to eat you have when that five-hour window opens up, and your over-eating is going to have an effect. At least, MY over-eating is going to have an effect, LOL! My approach is to do the Fast5 plus limit my food to 500 calories on my usual Monday and Thursday; I’m hopeful I’ll lose weight even a bit faster, and be ready to stay on 5:2 when I lose all my desired weight, and quit the Fast5; I don’t think I’ll want to continue this indefinitely. Do you? @EmmaTaylor, do you? And are either of you doing 500 calorie FDs along with Fast5? Anyway, it’s delightful to have others doing this with me!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

I always hold on to “tomorrow I’ll be glad I did.” Have a great day, everyone!

Day 27 Canada NFD

It is going to be a hot, hot week here. Not looking forward to it but will be easy to eat less that is for sure. Am going to rely on lots of water and follow @flourbaby great advice.

@snowflake56 thanks so much for the book recommendations. I have read and loved many of them and added to my reading list. Have you read Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton? He is an Aussie journalist and a very interesting man, the book is based on his life.

@funshipfreddie thanks for sharing that amazing view, it is great you can manage to enjoy eating and drinking some days and maintaining weight. I am looking forward to getting there soon

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @bellyblast

Day 27 North canton OH LFD

July is almost over. It was not a bad month, more a regroup and reconfigure month.

Summer has been HOT, but I refuse to complain because I don’t like the cold and I have always felt that you can either complain about cold weather or complain about hot weather but not both 😁

I had a really busy weekend; busier than I planned and so I did not post over the weekend

@flourbaby don’t self-sabotage!! You have been doing such a great job. Agggh too late I see. Girl, you’ve come too far. Blips will happen, they become problematic when they turn into a trend. But you are much too savvy to let that happen- I know you will not let this derail your efforts 😘

@ccco tech issues are the worst

@i hate lettuce congratulations on your loss and progress

@funshipfreddie that’s awesome to know how much wiggle room you have; and you have been able to stick with it. I wish I was more disciplined about logging my meals on MFP. The water fasts interrupt my streak and mess with my mojo. I wish there was a way to navigate that.

@EmmaTaylor I read your post and was so confused when you referred to @funshipfreddie as your ex, I was wondering how the heck I missed it this whole time. Thanks for the laugh😂😂

So glad that I am part of this forum, you guys are the best.

Pocket list Day 27 here I come – Kowabunga!!!!!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 27 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @bellyblast

@stitchincarol – I’m not really mixing it up at all. I just eat and drink ( alcohol at weekends) within my five hour window every day. I read the Delay, Don’t Deny book as well as the Fast 5 book, and that seemed to be their policy. The best thing is that it takes away a lot of decision making. I know I can’t snack during the day, or cheat, so it suits my personality. As I’ve said, I don’t count calories so I’m hopeless for giving stats, but I just can tell it’s working. I don’t know if it’s something I’ll do for good. Everybody is a bit evangelical when they start something new, but sticking at it is something else. I guess if I manage to get down to 11st, or a BMI of 22, I may slacken off at weekends, and keep an eye on things.

Day 27, UK, NFD

I’ve been missing for most of this month but I’m around, lurking 👀 . Its been a difficult month, and now I have a toothache again! Seeing my dentist on Wednesday and I fear I might lose my tooth 😔.
    So today was supposed to be an FD but since I might have to be on a liquid diet for few days I decided to not do it today. Ah well.
    I have to keep trying, so I’ll stick around 🙂

Have a great evening everyone 🌼

Day 28, NFD, Aus

I should be basking in that lovely PFDS glow this morning, but I had such a cr@ppy night’s sleep that I have my grumpy pants on instead. I can’t remember the last full night’s sleep I had.

Welcome @prettyhelen. Glad to see your second post. There’s no need to wait until 1 August to join this fabulous group! Even if you’re not going to start 5:2 until next month, hang out with us for a while.

I had to look up lamb kleftico, @suki2. It looks delish!! I’ve had that dish before but never knew its name. Great pairing with chocolate mousse!

You may have mentioned it, but where are you taking your vacation, @stitchincarol? I will enjoy your holiday destination vicariously.

@bellyblast – I read Boy Swallows Universe and to be honest I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. Tin Winton, on the other hand, one of my fave Aussie authors (tho Cloudstreet is my least favourite). I’m going to check out whether I can get some of @snowflake56’s recommendations on Amazon Prime or through the library. Always on the lookout for new books.

@EmmaTaylor and @funshipfreddie’s relationship reminded me of an incident at work years ago. A colleague and I share the same surname and it was part of our joking banter that we referred to each other as husband and wife even though we were not related at all. We were both going away to a conference and the admin staff. who overheard our jokes, said “Oh I didn’t realise you’re married, I’ve booked you into the same hotel room!”

Putting myself on the DTF pocket list today.

DTF list – day 28
    @penz

Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

@prettyhelen welcome!

@jaifaim I hope everything went well yesterday.

@bellyblast I don’t know Trent Dalton but I’ll look out for his book.

@penz I don’t know Tin Winton either but I must admit I don’t know much about Australian authors. I think the library will have most of the books on the list.

@shinything I’m sorry to read you had such a difficult month. Do you still follow the eagles? They’re all doing so well.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 28 – Ireland – CD

Hi all! Thanks for all your good thoughts yesterday. I masked up @flourbaby 😷 but in the end I cycled the 40km round trip to the hospital as I decided I’d tie in a bit of exercise and it was a really wet day so figured our public transport would be busier than usual…. Literally just had blood tests and will see the consultant on Thursday… 🤞 I sense my auto immune condition is flaring at the moment but we’ll see…

@flourbaby I hope you did not self sabotage yesterday! You have been killing it recently and are an inspiration to a lot of us 🤛

@shinything I’m sorry to hear your tooth is still at you… hopefully an antibiotic can help maybe? I was in the same boat but all has settled now… there seems to be a lot of tooth problems on here and with my friends…. for me it stemmed from grinding my teeth (he thinks)… but it is curious 🤔

@penz that was me yesterday…. I hadn’t slept too well as had come back from my parents so was functioning on very low sleep levels and was stressed about the trip to hospital … I hope you get a rest today 🤞

Welcome @prettyhelen!

Have a good day you all!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 28 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

@stichincarol – enjoy the holiday! Don’t worry about any weight while you’re away, just enjoy yourself! Our DIL refers to holiday weight gain as being ‘quick on quick off’ and she’s very much into health and fitness!

In fact apart from FD’s recently I’ve not been as meticulous with recording calorie intake or doing as much walking, but still remaining at my lowest weight for a long time! Seems like my eating/drinking habits have changed for the better!

5:2 WOL gone onto automatic pilot?

Maybe, but this time last year I wouldn’t have believed it possible to get to where I am now. Just for the moment, happy to maintain where I am weight wise, a few things happening on ‘life’s bungy jump’ !

Take care all

Day 28 – UK – NFD

Good Morning Everyone

Thank you @stitchincarol. I will be 5:2ing forever as it’s easy and it works.

Welcome @prettyhelen.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 28, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s LFD went well, I was really busy with Zoom meetings and additional work, always a good thing on a FD to be busy!! Thanks to all those crossing their fingers for my Day 26 self-sabotage urge, unfortunately, I caved!! Perhaps I was thinking/typing about it AS I walked to the garage to retrieve the vino!!!🍷

Anyway, these blips are a normal part of life, I feel bad about it but my anxiety was kicking my butt, anxious about a work deadline, anxious about my mum and since I’ve been trying not to daily weigh this month😟 …………………… anxious that although the slinky pencil skirt is getting looser, perhaps the scales will say something different, you know they do that on purpose😜!!!!! I know it’s like comparing apples & oranges but still……………….😱😱😱😱😱!!

@shinything, I feel for you and your toothache, I hope they can save it, but if not, better out than in!!! Ask for the super antibiotics you can still drink🍷 whilst you’re on them!!! If I had only known then…………………..

@basyjames, well said ……………..” you can either complain about cold weather or complain about hot weather but not both 😁” however, being British, it IS a national pastime, although I tend towards complaining about wet weather☔…………….. hot or cold!!!

@prettyhelen, you’re very welcome to see out the end of July with us here, so you hit the ground running🏃 for August, I do hope my post didn’t suggest you should wait until August to join us?😢

We’ve got this people, stay strong!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@annabelle48 – no problem re the pocket list. I think we’ve all done that at some stage, i.e. copied it & then forgotten to add our name. I love ‘The Obesity Code’ & Jason Fung; one of the few books I’ve read more than once. I especially like the last couple of chapters where he ties everything up with ‘What to Eat’ & ‘When to Eat’. I hope your scales were kind to you this morning.

@shinything – good to hear from you. I hope all goes well at the dentist! 🤞

@stitchincarol – it did take me a while to get the hang of MFP. And logging the ‘full English’ was a pain. I searched ‘English breakfast & there were a zillion options, ranging from 350 cals to over a thousand. So I had to log each item. But I’m not very adventurous with food. I tend to eat the same things every week, as I think most people do. So most of the things I log are in the app’s ‘recent history’ & it just takes a couple of minutes each day. And just as coming onto this forum is a daily reminder to keep my eye on the ball, I think the MFP app works the same way. I’m usually at least one day ahead with the app, so I never have to think about what I’ll eat on a FD. It’s already logged & I just have to stick with it.

@flourbaby – a glass or three of the red stuff on a Sunday isn’t self-sabotage; it’s life! 🍷Love the Dr Seuss quote.

DTF List – Day 28 ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28 NFD UK

Good morning everyone.
    Lovely day today after all the rain here yesterday.

@funshipfreddie. thanks for your post. The scales were neither kind nor nasty this morning. A 4 oz gain but as the weather was so bad yesterday I spent most of the day sitting around and watching tv. The only movements I made were knitting a jacket for my DD and that does not use up any energy!

@ Pretty Helen. Welcome to the site. Stick with it you will enjoy the journey more.

@shinything. So sorry to hear of the continuing tooth problems. I do hope you get it sorted soon. Toothache makes life miserable.

@judyjudes. I’m mystified at your great weight loss re Fast800. The calories on NFD seems to be very high. Do you cut them down and by how much? Do you stick rigidly to it or do you deviate?

Interesting that two of you are married to pastors. Although I have met quite a few Americans in my time, I only actually know 3 and of those 2 of them are married to pastors and very wealthy. Does that mean that pastors earn a lot of money? I bet I am going to get some funny replies to that last sentence.

Off this morning to meet a friend for coffee which I am looking forward to.

Love the Dr Seuss quote. Glass half full here.

Day 28 UK NFD

Nearing the end of the month , and as I find myself thinking every month -where did that go ? Anyway roll on August I can feel you sharpening those pencils (imaginary) already @flourbaby in anticipation of taking up the reins

Welcome back @shinything Maybe take these few days to settle yourself back in gently

I really like the idea @i-hate-lettuce of quick on quick off I’m great at the first bit the latter not so much these days

@stitchincarol, @funshipfreddie I have been logging everything on MFP for a couple of months now and it’s an eye opener , I have to admit though took me quite a while to not automatically choose the lowest option I was only cheating myself but I now go for the sometimes unpleasant truth

Come on gang lets get our collective mojo back and see this month out in style💪

Day 28….Florida……?

Okay, I started the Fast 5 yesterday, the trouble, I had was I did feel a bit guilty. Knowing it was my FD and knowing, I went over on my FD calories. I have set my 5 hours between 4 to 9. I plan on giving this new thing a good chance and going to give my results the last day of Aug.

Thank you to everyone who answer my questions about Fast 5. I agree as a experienced faster, I’m sure I can control the binge eating……..lol….. well unless Matilda get out of her cage…….

@stitchincarol…….I’m considering adding FD a couple times a week…..

Not sure how today will pan out as far as food wise. I broke a tooth a couple days ago and I have a dentist appt after work, not sure how I will feel afterwards, so it may end up being a solid FD. That is all going to be dependent on what they are going to do. Hopefully, the do something because it is starting to hurt a bit.

Well…..it’s that time again……

Have a good day, make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

The scales couldn’t decide between 250 or 251, so today I chose 251, which is still a pound loss over yesterday. Nice to see the trend continuing out of the 250s city limits towards the 240s, and so glad to be gone from the 255 motel! That booger showed up almost every week this month! LOL

I’ll have a NFD today and another FD500 on Wednesday. That will be followed by another NFD before Friday’s weigh-in. I think I can meet July’s goal if I don’t go crazy today or Thursday 🙂

Good luck, everyone!

Day 28 North Canton OH LFD

July is slowly creeping to an end.

@EmmaTaylor delay don’t deny is a great strategy, and you are right everybody can be a bit evangelical when starting something new. That sounds like me to a T!

@shinything there you are! I was wondering about you the other day and I am glad that you are here even though silent. I hope the tooth situation is resolved in a not too painful fashion –toothaches are the worst😢

@penz that is hilarious, I would have loved to see the look on both of your faces🤣

@flourbaby I would take the evidence from the slinky pencil skirt over the scale any day of the week, because the slinky pencil skirt is more likely to be accurate. But I fully get what you mean. The scale can be so temperamental!! But we love her anyway; even though she does not always love us back💕

What the heck?! Nobody else is fasting today? Well I guess it’s on me then – where is my cape

Day 28 Pocket list 🐱‍🚀
    @basyjames LFD

DTF List – Day 28 ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a good 315 calorie FD yesterday, but slept horribly. That does seem to go with the night following a FD… oh well. It works. One bad night sleep every so often isn’t terrible.

@shinything – oh so sorry your toothache is back. Losing a tooth isn’t all that terrible. One of mine gave me problems for probably 15 years and just had it pulled. Dental implant looms for me.

@prettyhelen – you have found a truly magnificent place. Welcome.

@funshipfreddie – MFP is certainly a learning curve. I have probably a dozen recipes added that I use often (the foods we eat a lot).But yes, one named item can have a very wide variety of calorie choices!

@annabelle48 – wealthy pastors? Hmm, likely ones from a megachurch I might surmise. Our “wealth” is from friends and family, and some from inheritances. There is some retirement income, but hardly enough to make us wealthy!

Onward and downward.

2nd post.

Have just seen MM has a programme on 5th August at 9pm Channel 4 called Lose a Stone in 21 days. 5 volunteers to get back on healthy track after lockdown. Might be interesting. Sorry UK channel.

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5, blood donation

Today is our blood drive, and I’ll be there from 12:15 to about 7:00. I’m wondering about doing a fast until four o’clock. I used to do that, because that was simply how I ate on occasion back in the day, but I’m not sure I’m comfortable doing it now that I’m thirty years older. @songbirdme, this is something else we have in common, LOL!

I have this morning to finish gathering everything we’re taking (youngest DS and I are cooking at DD’s, so there’s lots and lots to gather up) and then DH and I will pack the car this evening, and be out the door tomorrow morning by 5:30 if all goes according to plan. Our two boys (28 and 23, so men, actually, but, hey!, I’m the mom) are driving separately, but leaving equally early. We’re first going to Colorado to my DD’s home; her husband manages a summer camp for kids so we won’t see much of him, but we’ll play non-stop with Baby Molly! They’re in the middle, literally, of Pike National Forest. Then, next week, the boys drive home and go back to work, and DH and I drive to Denver on Wednesday and fly to Sacramento, California to see a sister and BIL of mine; together we’ll drive to Monterey to see another sister and BIL. We fly back to Denver the following Wednesday and then have a seven hour drive home. There’s almost nothing we’ll be able to DO because everything’s shut down in California, but there’s always pinochle! 🙂

Yesterday’s FD took me to 151.6 this morning; ’twas a lovely sight! In addition, I always lose a pound after giving blood, so tomorrow’s weigh-in will be equally lovely, although false. I’ve decided to leave the scales at home, even though I could easily tuck them in; this is, after all, a vacation, and doing my best to stick to Fast5 is the only concession I’m going to make to a desire to lose weight.

I doubt I’ll be reporting much while on vacation, partly just because I’ll be stuck on my phone and I hate “typing” on it when I have actual skills on a keyboard, and partly because internet at my daughter’s (elevation 8500) is extremely limited and divided between everyone who lives in the area. I’ll read as much on the forum as I’m able, but won’t have much to report, so this is my report for the month of July; I’ll see you all in August!

@funshipfreddie, I’m really starting to get the hang of following through on “…because tomorrow, I’ll be glad I did”!! Thanks for phrasing it so succinctly!

Day 28 Canada FD

Yikes only two more fast days this month, makes me feel a weird mix of nervous and excited! The heatwave is set to continue for the week, with temps in the feels like 40C range. I have some outside work which is unavoidable this week which I am not looking forward to. The silver lining is that the storage space I am clearing out is under the house and naturally cool. It is a far bigger job than I thought it would be (why do we hang on to so much stuff!!) and I am going to be spending as much free time as I can this week cracking on with it:)

@basyjames if you are here the month is a success and a good one
    @emmataylor I have used a version of Fast 5 when travelling and eating out a lot and it has worked perfectly. On a trip to Melbourne which is a foodies paradise I actually lost weight. Oh to travel again…
    @shinything I hope your dentist is able to help you out and that you aren’t in too much pain
    @penz books speak differently to all of us. In my book club it seems to be rare that we all love a book. Tim Winton! What an gifted author, I have read everything he has written and reread Dirt Music and The Turning a few times. Highly recommend him @snowflake56
    @jaifaim hope your blood tests come back with answers soon
    @i-hate-lettuce sounds like this WOL is now your WOL. 2020 has been one big bungy jump that’s for sure
    @flourbaby glad your LFD went well, life just takes over sometimes so good for you for getting back on track
    @northgeorgia you are doing so well, great to see your progress
    @somgbirdme every now and then I have a bad night’s sleep following a FD and also just accept it. I think I read some where that it is due to the adrenal gland switching on
    I am with you @basyjames
    Day 28 Pocket list 🐱‍🚀
    @basyjames LFD
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 28 ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @bellyblast

Day 28 – SECOND POST

@annabelle48, I finally found where you wrote about wealthy pastors and that made me laugh out loud. I’d say @songbirdme is right, and they’re pastors of huge mega-churches, because although our congregation is wonderfully generous to us, you certainly can’t say we’re wealthy by ANY stretch of the imagination. We did know a seminary professor, however (and also a pastor, of course) who drove a Lamborghini or Porsche or something extravagant and expensive. Everyone on campus would grin to see him because most of the professors drove ten year old Datsuns. The reason for such a car? That professor had a very wealthy wife who was an attorney. 🙂

Okay, back to my to-do list…

Day 28, UK, NFD

@snowflake56, @jaifaim, @flourbaby, @funshipfreddie, @annabelle48, @brightonbelle, @basyjames, @songbirdme, @bellyblast, thank you guys, I’ll be glad when I’ve seen my dentist tomorrow. I also believe it might be caused by my grinding teeth, but I’m not sure. I’ll see what happens tomorrow, but it really needs to be sorted out. I can’t believe I might lose my tooth 😔

Welcome @prettyhelen to our challenge 🙂

@snowflake56 regarding eagles … yes I’ve been following and I’m delighted that all of the nests of bold eagles that I follow have been 100% successful 🙌🎉 There will be lots of young eagles around this year 😀🦅 . Some other eagles and nests had a brutal season and I couldn’t watch, too heartbreaking 😔, so I stick to the ones that are doing well 👍
    Talking of young ones … my garden birds had a good breading season too 😁 ❤️
    Have a good day everyone 🌼

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.