Jingle Jangle July ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ

This topic contains 293 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  AT 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 288 total)

• Day 17, FD, Aus

I think itโ€™s exciting to be planning a new home at this age, @songbirdme. You will take a life time of experience to ensure you build exactly the right place for you. Good luck with all the decisions you will be asked to make!

Iโ€™ve also started playing Connections on the NYT site (in addition to Wordle). Itโ€™s another word game for those who like that kind of thing. I didnโ€™t know there was Wordle evaluator feedback!! Thanks for the tip @Exelsior12309

Planks, yes, @jaifaim, need to add those back into my daily routine!

Youโ€™re on the right path now @northgeorgia, keep it up!

Oh, Maui!! So sad to hear of your loss but love that you are looking at the positives and wonderful memories you had with your DH. We will see you back in August and will be thinking of you until you’re back.

Day 16 – USA

@maui, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Dear @maui I am so very sorry to wake up to your sad news. ๐Ÿฅฒ. I dont quite know what to say right now but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. To have had 56 years together is just beautiful but you will miss him terribly. I am so glad he passed peacefully and slipped away when the time was right for him – that must bring you so much peace. Thank you for letting us know and we are here whenever you need an ear or a virtual shoulder to lean on.
    ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Day 17 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ โœ…

Hello everyone.

I am sore and stiff today but we got a lot done yesterday and yes, @merryapple I have thought recently that I must stop accumulating stuff! But I keep forgetting that new ruleโ€ฆ

Applying it to my body this week and for the next two weeks Iโ€™ll try not to accumulate food ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and letโ€™s see what that gives on 31 July.

Have a lovely day everybody ๐Ÿ’•

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Pocket List Day 17
    Merry๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim
    @penz

Day 17 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

So sorry @maui to hear of your DH passing but what wonderful words and thoughts you have written about your 56 years together. My condolences to you and your family. Xxxx

For me, I reached a good weight Saturday morning, 3lbs under last week, but then went to the All Irekand semi final, (my team won), corporate affair so food and drink, and woke up yesterday with all the signs of food poisoning. So yesterday was a fast until some potatoes and chicken at tea time. (White food only thing I could stomach).

Staying on white food until this clears up, the nausea and upper part of body is ok now, so just got to ride this out and hope things back to normal. Tons of water. Weight went up though, so booooo

Until tomorrow.

Day 17 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 69.6 kg

@maui – sending you my heartfelt condolences. I can’t imagine how you must feel. 56 years! It’s such a shock to lose a loved one, even when it’s expected. But your positivity & gratitude will get you through the worst ๐Ÿค—

@ccco, @songbirdme – re aspartame, I actually prefer sucralose/Splenda in tea & coffee. I can’t taste any difference, but there seems to have been much less controversy around sucralose. I do buy the sugar/caffeine-free Coke, but a 1.5 litre bottle lasts me several days.

@penz – I must check out Connections!

@daffodil2010 – oh no?! What a roller coaster weekend you had? Feel better soon ๐Ÿค—

An inspirational weight-loss story. Might be just what you need to get through a Monday FD…
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12296825/I-lost-125LBS-WITHOUT-counting-calories-dieting.html

Sending steely RESOLVE to the Monday fasters ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 17 ๐Ÿ‹
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Next FD will be Wednesday.

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

@maui – you have my deepest sympathies, and I am sure you will have many wonderful memories of 56 years to sustain you in any grief. We are going to a funeral shortly of a friend who was married 58 years, and she had been ill for quite a while. Hugs and prayers to you as you and your family transition to this phase of your life.

Day 17 UK FD 182lb

Coming back in after 3 months AWOL, starting again today.

In the last 3 months I had the ongoing issues with grievance process, 5 days in Dublin, 10 days in bed with covid, turned 60, had two post-covid health hiccups (emergency ambulance to A&E with sky high BP blip and a full-on asthma attack) and 6 days in York with full-on conference. In all of that I put on 10lbs so am starting back feeling puffy but determined with a back to basics FD today.

Weight gain is simply eating too much of the wrong things, treats becoming habits, using sugar as fuel to get through long days and moving a lot less with post-covid exhaustion. But I can start where I am by cutting out sugar and late evening snacking, drinking lots more water and eating more healthily snacking. I’ve done this before and know it works. My goal is to lose 40lbs in the next 12 months.

I’ve read through posts for the last few days to get me back in the loop a little. I’m really glad to be back here with you and commit to daily posting even if it’s just a quick check in for accountability. I have a week off this week to rest and recover from last week’s conference and will spend a couple of half-days catching up with project work, getting early nights, pottering in the garden, enjoying cooking from scratch and gently restarting some exercise, beginning with adapted yoga

@merryapple thank you for hosting Jingle Jangle July

@maui I’m so sorry for your loss of your dear beloved husband. You and your family are in my prayers x

Pocket List โ€“ Day 17 ๐Ÿ‹
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @michelinme

Day 18 / 13 to go NFD NZ

My wee Westie alarm clock went off at 6.30am which is still night time because sunrise isnโ€™t till 7.30โ€ฆ I have bought myself some sheepskin boots to donne on these dark cold early morning starts as a small pleasure.
    @michelinme Welcome back into the fold! I have about that much to loose although Iโ€™m in kgโ€ฆ 16 sounds better than 40 but itโ€™s all the same so letโ€™s do this!
    @daffodil2010 Poisoned by the corporate boxโ€ฆ dear me. Take care, you have been having a rough time of it lately.
    @funshipfreddie โ€˜steely resolveโ€™ – thatโ€™s my new favourite phrase! The Daily Mail takes you to strange and exotic stories. I ended up reading about the man with a two hands and face transplant who found loveโ€ฆ
    @jaifaim A good ๐Ÿฅ will help with any food accumulation!
    @maui Thinking of you this morning. X

Steely Resolve one and all!

Day 18, NFD, Aus

PFDS. Every successful FD makes me feel more in control. Success begets success.

Welcome back @michelinme, you know this works!

Urgh, hope you’ve made a full recovery @daffodil2010.

Day 18 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ โœ…

Yesterday turned into more of a CD and tomorrow is likely to be more of a NFD so will commit to two good FDs today and Thursday. Then I have a busy and social weekend ahead.

@merryapple I could do with your sheepskin boots
    here today! Iโ€™m laughing as I have no problems when it comes to that type of accumulation ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿคฃ more just to avoid accumulating bad choices and intake which hamper the weight lossโ€ฆ.

Hello @michelinme!!! We called out to you a few times so am very glad to see you back! How was your Dublin trip? Iโ€™m so sorry you have had such a rough few months but hopefully you are in a good place now.

@daffodil2010 what a shame you have been ill and after such a great match – well done on the win!

@penz youโ€™re dead right! Success is a wonderful thing- keep going ๐ŸŒŸ

@funshipfreddie I drink that Coca Cola too but not a lot of itโ€ฆ Iโ€™m generally not a fan of sweetness but sometimes you feel you just need something fizzy and sweet and that hits the spot.

Iโ€™m sorry for your loss @songbirdme and thinking of you @maui. Iโ€™m off to a funeral here today – an old family friend ๐Ÿ’• so will think of you.

Pocket list Day 18 ๐Ÿฅ
    @jaifaim

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

I am on the mend, no pains anymore in tum, still not all there so keeping the diet very plain. I rarely have this any,ore, but oh the joy of tea and toast ๐Ÿ˜„

Yes @jaifaim it’s a pity about the food poisoning, and strange too as DH was grand. There must have been something dodgy in one of the buffet foods that I got! It was a great match, and we now look forward to the final ๐Ÿ‘
    Welcome back @michelinme, I was literally just thinking of you this morning so it’s good to see you back on. Albeit you have had a tough time of it indeed.

Mad things going on in work. People going on sabbaticals, it’s holiday time so loads out on leave, and they go and dismiss one of my teammates who we all thought was doing great!! So on Friday, there are going to be just two of us doing the work of six !! Nuts!! I have absolutely NO desire to get back into management, but sheesh, the management team I have now need serious heads knocked together for their chaotic planning and management. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Enough already. Have a great Tuesday. I hope to back to FD keto from tomorrow xxx

Day 18 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Mandela Day – NFD

I lost the plot yesterday, & woke up to PNFDS – the ‘S’ is for SHAME โ˜น๏ธ I have to get a grip on the NFDs. It wouldn’t have happened if I’d stuck to my daily MFP plan. Which I will, starting TODAY.

@penz – well done! ๐ŸŽฏ

@merryapple – there’s never a dull moment flicking through the UK Mail ๐Ÿ˜‚ Some of the comments that readers add are the best part.

@michelinme – welcome back! Eish, but you’ve really been through the wringer?! I hope your FD was a success. Enjoy your week off, & I hope the rest of 2023 is much kinder to you๐Ÿค—

Progress being made in the fight against Alzheimer’s:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12307257/Alzheimers-drug-Eli-Lilly-slows-early-Alzheimers-60-hailed-turning-point-fight-against-disease.html

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Just goes to show that that one fast food meal at lunch and eating too many desserts at night plays havoc! Got a big homestyle meal catered in for our event today at lunch, so must behave better tonight. I will make tomorrow a FD for sure.

@maui I am sorry to hear about your loss. Be kind to yourself and give yourself grace during this very difficult time. I lost my father at the end of February and I still find myself breaking down with the memories at every corner.

Day 18-No. VA USA-FD800

Weigh in shows weight down a few ounces. Gee when I get my hair trimmed on Thursday, I might be down another few ounces!

So glad to hear from you, @michelinme. I love your name! “Puffy but determined” describes many of us at times!!

@mterryapple, your Westie’s early morning antics were mirrored here in northern Virginia. We had a
    trap set for a marauding raccoon on our porch. The raccoon ate the cat food from the cat’s dish, avoided the trap, and skedaddled. A possum followed shortly thereafter. The dogs went out about 5:30 am; the Jack Russell went ballistic and ran around barking for 20 minutes. The corgi wedged herself in the trap, ate the cat food bait, and backed out. The two Japanese Chins only watched. Eventually we will catch the raccoon and release it a few miles away (which is actually illegal here. You are supposed to “dispose” of them).

@funshipfreddie, I did Wordle in three yesterday and six today. There is an option of asking the Wordle to evaluate how you did, which I occasionally click on. This is thru The NY Times Games section. I don’t know if your system uses something like that. Anyway, I wish I could answer it back!

@maui, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Never easy to lose someone by degrees, as you did.

Day 18 UK CD

Yesterday came in at 730 calories but I’ll happily take that! Today feeling a gentle content rather than PFDS, glimmerings of motivation, sniffing a seachange of more control and a healthier WOL. Funny how these things seem to come together – better sleep, drinking more, intention becoming action…

I downloaded MFP and added every bite of yesterday’s food.Fascinating to see the breakdown of carb/protein/fibre/some vitamins – 50% of a day’s protein, 130% of day’s fibre, 30% of a day’s carbs, lots of vitamin A&C in my OMAD (quorn pieces, panfried corn, tenderstem broccoli and green beans, butternut squash mashed with vegan butter and garlic, fresh peach, strawberries, apricot, apple, salted almonds).

It’s my first time with MFP but I know it can help me to have a new something to keep me on the straight and narrow. I’m on the free version and interested to know how to make the most of it. Any tips?

Thank you for warm welcomes @merryapple @penz @jaifaim @daffodil2010. I’ve really missed being here but was miles away in every sense, so self-care and this forum disappeared. In early May my mental health was pretty poor with the stress of grievance, then rush to get ready for Dublin – and realised I had very few clothes that fitted bc weight gain. I foolishly went without a back up dress to wear to my friend’s big birthday bash then spent two half days dragging myself – and my DD! – around shops to try to find something. I bought a lovely linen dress in a style that doesn’t really work for me but hopefully will be able to sell it online.

I caught covid on the last day/way home so lost another two weeks then health hiccups, low key birthday then rush to be ready for conference – where I ate my way through again. And have been so far from grounded or in touch with my body or mind, so this is my week to rest, refocus on self-care – and rejoin this lovely group. It’s always hard to restart but joining in is the first step to somewhere better, with lovely company along the way.

@merryapple delighted to buddy with you on the way down

@daffodil2010 sorry you’ve been sick – and work sounds like a mare! Hope the week gets better and the workload isn’t too awful

@jaifaim so proud of you to have reached goal and stayed in the zone!You’ve got this, around all the ups and downs. I hope your health has settled down again

@northgeorgia you are brilliant at working out your patterns and using data to work out how to change what’s not working. Good luck with this next chapter

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WF…perhaps

DS and DBIL drove away ten minutes ago, so our fun time with family here has come to an end, and now it’s a race to be ready to leave on Thursday morning for two weeks. Thinking of all I have to do between now and then, I’m thinking a Thursday afternoon departure may well be in the cards for us, LOL. And while I love my WFDs, I do so badly the next day that I’m thinking I may allow myself up to 500 calories of food today; I’ll leave it up to my notions as the day goes on.

@merryapple, @funshipfreddie, @daffodil2010 and @jaifaim (and others??) I do actually recognize the name “Boy George,” so I’m not completely clueless. The funniest thing about this, however, is that I asked my 31yo son if he knew who Wham! was, and he did, LOL!

<<<<<@maui>>>>> I’m so sorry for your huge loss, and pray that the joy of your memories continues to outweigh the sorrow of your loss.

@daffodil2010 Oh, NO! Food poisoning is completely miserable; I do hope you are completely fine soon! As to your management team: is it time for you to march to your manager and give her the What For again?? I remember how irritated you were so that you had sufficient determination to do that a year or more ago, and how pleased you were by the results of your talk!

@michelinme WELCOME BACK!!! I’ve completely missed you and am so sad you’ve returned right when I’m leaving for two weeks so that I have to wait for the joy of chatting with you every day, but I’ll be back in August! And what a commotion-filled several months you’ve had; I pray that you regain your strength and good health quickly.

@funshipfreddie I’m so sorry for your PNFDS, but it gives me hope that even you have such days, so I hope that’s some consolation to you!

I didn’t get on the scales this morning, and don’t plan to–I’m sure the number will be hideous. Which is a clear statement of how poorly my version of 5:2 has been working for me; I water fast so successfully on T&TH and then eat gluttonously on the other five. So, I need to take a break. My plan is to spend the next two weeks thinking about what’s reasonable, and eating that way–not because I’m “doing” 5:2, but because reasonable people eat reasonably, and it’s time for me to regain that habit.

For the most part, I’ve not been eating badly, I’ve just been eating a LOT, and drinking a lot also. (DS31 makes wonderful cocktails, LOL) The first week we’re gone, we’ll be at DD’s in Indianapolis, and they don’t snack, and have few sweets in the house, so eating reasonably should be fairly easy. Then we’ll drive up to Milwaukee where I’m delegate at our church convention, so I’ll be forced into no snacking during the day, and that’s always a good thing.

We drive home on Thursday, August 3rd, so I may manage a post then, but if not, I’ll be back on that Monday, the 7th.

Will I post tomorrow? Possibly, but my long to-do list to prepare to leave may get in the way of it.

So, while I’m gone, I wish RESOLVE for all of you, and all of the success that has completely eluded me for over a year!

Hugs, my friends.

Day18/almost 19 NFD country west Australia
    Lots and lots happening here – too much to tell. It sounds as though everyone has also been very very busy.
    @maui, sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved DH. Have been thinking of you and your family over the past few months. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’
    Good to see so many folk back on the wagon. This includes me.
    Onward and downward and as @merry said, a good push towards the end of July.

Day 19, NFD, Aus

Typical winterโ€™s day here in Canberra. At 7am, it was -4 degrees (C) but felt like -9 according to the weather bureau. But beautiful clear blue skies.

My OH only reads the UK Daily Mail for the readersโ€™ comments, @funshipfreddie.

Good luck catching that racoon, @excelsior12309. I did laugh at your animal antics, especially the corgi! We had a visiting possum a few months back which fortunately decided NOT to take up residency in our garden; our dogs were going ballistic. Interesting the difference in laws; here we are allowed to trap possums, but they must be released within 50 metres of the place of capture. Given they are so territorial, itโ€™s a ridiculous rule because they return often the same night!

โ€œgentle contentโ€ sounds lovely, @michelinme, and all round your head seems in a good space.

For me, @stitchincarol, I think I need to focus on portion sizeโ€ฆ

Hope all the โ€œlots and lots happeningโ€ has been good happening, @lilymartin.

Has anyone heard from @linda_b?

Day 19 / to go NZ NFD 86.6kg

@lilymartin Lovely to have you check in.
    @stitchincarol Please donโ€™t despair. Remember this is not a diet. May I suggest you try a smaller plate. The American place settings are so much larger than in previous generations.
    @excelsior12309 What early morning shenanigans! An incensed Jack Russell is something to behold! Iโ€™m surprised at the corgi – prey vs food-in-a-minute! In the end itโ€™s come down to a take away vs dining in. Seriously though, is it a legal requirement to kill all raccoons? Are they not native to the area?
    @penz Youโ€™re welcome to a live containership of possums from NZ. And you can have Wallabies as well. I understand they are good eating. Both are running rampant here. So are hedgehogsโ€ฆ
    @funshipfreddie Donโ€™t beat yourself up over a post FD EFS. Sometimes you just need to fill up on carbs and feel satiated because filling up on salad just doesnโ€™t do it in winter. Throw in an extra FD and youโ€™re back on schedule.๐Ÿ˜˜
    @michelinme. Good on you! I have downloaded MFP and have saved it for a rainy day. Hosting the month and posting every day means Iโ€™m slightly more accountable than usual๐Ÿ˜‹
    @songbirdme Thinking of you for the funeral of your friend. And you too @jaifaim and @maui. Take care.
    @daffodil2010 Glad to hear youโ€™re bouncing back. And Mr Daffodil escaped the๐Ÿคข

โ€˜Steely Resolveโ€™ one and all

Day 18 – USA

Got through a 16 hr. fast. Some days hungrier earlier than others. Can’t figure a pattern yet, but the weight and inches are dropping. That’s all I need to know!

Day 19 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Weather for ducks here, cold wet & windy, while seemingly most of the planet is baking?! @penz – minus 4?! Here it’s currently 11 C (feels like 7) at 9 am & the thought of getting in the shower is torture ๐Ÿฅถ๏ธ

@excelsior12309 – I got Wordle in 5 yesterday, & I currently have a whopping 4 day streak ๐Ÿ˜… A weekend word tripped me up – CRONE, I think it was? My last attempt was CROME โ˜น๏ธ

@stitchincarol – I’m not surprised your son knows of Wham!. Where would we be without the music of the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s? I listen to local radio every morning, & I like some contemporary music. But most of it is almost instantly forgettable, & I doubt anyone will be listening to it in a few decades. Enjoy your trip! ๐Ÿš™

@merryapple – an extra FD – I think that’s just what I need. I used to do 4:3 regularly, & that’s something I’ll consider if the scales reflect my recklessness on Friday. I didn’t really indulge in a EFS though; more of a prolonged snack-attack ๐Ÿ˜‚

Happy Hump Day y’all! ๐Ÿซ

Day 19 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Feeling up to now to having an FD today. Busy one in work (what’s new), then food shopping with DH tonight in preparation for our weekend trip in the camper van.

Though DH did suggest we might cancel it as weather due to be very wet on Saturday and wants to fish, but I am like NOOOO……let’s not let the weather beat us!

@stirchincarol, have a super two week break and enjoy

As for my manager, well, the one I Had words with last year is now leaving, and we have ANOTHER manager now ๐Ÿ˜จ So that’s 3 managers in just 1 year, plus a team leader that has lasted 8 months but she has been the cause of two very experienced staff leaving. Yeah @michelinme, it’s a mare alright.

So sorry you caught Covid @michelinme while in Dublin. I hoped you enjoyed Orlagh House, I have never been there, but it’s in my childhood locality โ˜บ๏ธ

So onwards for the Hump Day FD -day 19
    @daffodil2010

Day 19 – Ireland – CD๐Ÿšซ ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ โœ…

Hi all! Itโ€™s great to see so many people posting these days! I had a good FD yesterday and am hoping it will stand me in good stead for Fridayโ€™s weigh in.

Thanks @michelinme!!! I did get to goal a while back but bobbed up again.. so trying to get back there this week or nextโ€ฆ Iโ€™m very close.

@merryapple thank you! It was a long day yesterday but it made for a good FD! I resisted all of the food at the funeral gathering โœ”๏ธ

Omg @excelsior12309 I thought we had problems in Ireland with mice etcโ€ฆ dealing with cheeky Raccoons puts it all in perspective!

@metatauta I donโ€™t understand the hunger pattern either but I do get distracted when Iโ€™m trying to keep trackโ€ฆ so that doesnโ€™t help with working it out. ๐Ÿคฃ

@lilymartin I hope all is ok over there – it sounds like you are having very busy times thereโ€ฆ.

@stitchincarol happy travels and see you when you are back!

@daffodil2010 I have a busy outdoorsy weekend ahead and am ignoring the forecast ๐Ÿคฃ . You just never know how it will turn out ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ sounds like itโ€™s the same in SA @funshipfreddie โ˜”๏ธโ˜€๏ธ

No word from @linda_b in a very long time @penzโ€ฆ. I do hope she is well and happy.

Day 19 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Today was going to be a FD, but there were quite a few vegetables and sides left over from yesterday’s event, that my staff said…no, we have to eat tomorrow! And my sister-in-law wants to cook a ham tonight, etc. etc.

OK, Thursday will be the FD. I’ll just have to tread carefully today.

Day 19 UK CD

Yesterday’s CD came in at 1300 calories.That’s not a standard CD but was a huge amount of control for me – although recent NFDs have been uncounted I know I’ve eaten a lot more! MFP is very helpful in keeping me mindful of every bite.

Today is a rest day and I’m aware I’m very tired but thinking of going out this afternoon. I have a new wheelchair power add-on to try, thanks to wonderful friends who fundraised for me over the last year. It’s designed for cross country but works on city streets and will help me get around the train strikes that start tomorrow.

I’ve restarted fortnightly fruit & veg box of ‘Odd’ produce ie surplus to requirements or the wrong shape/size for supermarkets. It’s not all the fresh supplies I need but can be the basis of my from scratch cooking, delivered to home and generally a lot cheaper than elsewhere. My highlights this time are butternut squash, rhubarb and gooseberries – I feel a compote coming on! I’m fine on OMAD if I have my fruit puddings ๐Ÿ™‚ Also a butternut squash and sweet potato curry to use up all the leftover veg from last week.

@excelsior12309 ‘puffy but determined’ is a solid start! And you seem to be making really steady progress. Thanks for your raccoon etc story ๐Ÿ˜€

@stitchincarol Thank You! it’s very good to be back – and now I’m here I can’t work out why I let Life distract me. It just feels so much better to be focused/working on getting healthier. I hope you have a wonderful time away, despite the temptations/restrictions, and look forward to chatting when you’re back

@lilymartin i too hope your ‘lots happening’ is good rather than hard

@penz thank you. Strange how focus feels better than freefall ๐Ÿ™‚

@metatauta sounds as tho you’re making excellent progress – well done!

@merryapple hosting is wonderful for accountability ๐Ÿ™‚

@funshipfreddie I also wordle – tho lost my previous high when laptop died a couple of weeks ago. Currently at a shaky 24 days but hit today in a miraculously lucky 2 – my first in a long time!

@daffodil2010 work sounds really challenging; hope something changes v soon. Orlagh House is just lovely old-fashioned but cosy grandeur – huge fireplaces, beautiful ballroom, amazing views. Well worth a visit if you ever get a chance ๐Ÿ™‚

@jaifaim i missed you’d had a bereavement – sorry for your loss x

Time to make a plan for going out – or staying home to rest….

It’s never too late to make a new beginning

Day 20 / 11 to go NZ FD

Iโ€™m starting a FD feeling hungry๐Ÿ™Macintosh dislikes FDs immensely because it upsets his routine of eating HIS breakfast then getting MY crusts. He now thinks he has three meals a day even though midday is usually only a crumb or two.
    Steely resolve is neededโ€ฆ
    Itโ€™s the opening of the Womenโ€™s Football World this evening and I have friends coming over. Weโ€™ll walk down to Eden Park together. The wind is swinging around from the south to north and weโ€™re going to get deluged later. Iโ€™ll be in gumbootsโ€ฆ
    Have a great outdoorsy weekends @jaifaim and @daffodil2010 and enjoy relaxing away from your busy stressful work environments. If itโ€™s wet at least youโ€™re in a van Ms Daffodil.
    @stitchincarol I hope you too have a lovely holiday and break.
    @michelinme I get Wonky Box fruit and veg here once every 3 wks. Itโ€™s great to have a surprise food box then like you, I can plot and plan what to do with the contents.

OMG Itโ€™s shock to hear on the radio we have a โ€˜shooterโ€™ in a downtown multi-storey construction site. Itโ€™s at the junction of Queen St and the wharf where the ferry and train terminals empty out into so early morning commuter transport is in turmoil. The Cloud, built on a wharf, is the HQ for World Cupโ€ฆ First time ever in Auckland. Donโ€™t know who what or whyโ€ฆ

Pocket List
    @northgeorgia
    @merry๐ŸŽ

Day 20, FD, Aus

I donโ€™t want it to be a FD, so will really be relying on my wonโ€™t power today!! How many calories in a ham and cheese toastie??

I didnโ€™t know wallabies were rampant in NZ, @merryapple; not good! (And yes they are good eating.) I was in NZ years ago and you have the most wonderful possum fur clothing so glad they are being put to good use.

Thinking of you today @northgeorgia. We can both do a FD today!

2nd post

The 24 yr old shooter had a pump action shotgun and was a 24yr old on home detention for serious domestic violence. No political or idealogical motivation. Heโ€™s dead as are two others with six in hospitalโ€ฆ Dear meโ€ฆ
    But the games will go on!

Pocket List
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @merry๐ŸŽ

Day 19 USA/Hawaii
    Thanks for all the kind words from everyone.
    DH is finally laid to rest in a beautiful setting located upcountry on Maui. He was honored with beautiful lei and flowers โ€ฆ DS54 and DS52spoke and gave their dad a loving tribute. It was just family and a few of our caregiving teamโ€ฆ DH was such a quiet and low key guy. I think he would approve.๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒบ

Day 20 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Good FD yesterday. Won’t have another one until next week though so will keep it handy today.

Looking forward to our trip, we have decided not to head to the west coast as those Atlantic sea breezes / winds might make it difficult with the driving rain that is forecast. So we will go inland and south to Co Carlow, a nice sheltered valley on the River Barrow, so even if it rains it won’t feel like Armageddon. Great thing about the freedom of a camper eh?

@maui, your DH’s funeral sounds wonderful, take care of yourself now in the times to come xxxx

@jaifaim, like you I am hoping that unpredictable Irish weather will give us a break at the weekend, although every forecast, both UK and Ireland have rain everywhere, everything, all at once, on Saturday ๐Ÿ˜‚

Have a good Thursday

Oh @merryapple I have heard the terrible news re the shooter in Auckland. Mad times. Hope all settles soon. As you say, let the games begin.

Ireland take on Australia in a couple of hours, the opening match. Come on you girls in green ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Day 20 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ โœ…

Hi all!
    There I was working away yesterday when Up popped my dictionary word of the day:
    โ€œGourmand – a person who is fond of good eating โ€œ
    Itโ€™s a word I use often but there are a few gourmands here I think ๐Ÿคฃ

Maybe there should be a word for a person who is fond of eating but just a little ๐Ÿคฉ – maybe โ€œgourmandetteโ€ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Anywayโ€ฆ. Iโ€™m focused! I am on the way down and not too far off goalโ€ฆ. Will see tomorrow morning.

@maui I was thinking of you yesterday and the Hawaiian farewell sounds just perfect and beautiful. Sending you strength now for the days to come ๐Ÿ’•

@merryapple I am so very sorry to hear that horrific news from NZ here! I have not seen any news media this morning as Iโ€™ve been rushing – just so dreadful ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

@penz we must reframe our thinking ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I DO want this to be a FD ๐Ÿซข. We have some wallabies here too!! Would you believe! On one island where they were introduced by the ownersโ€ฆ.

Thanks @michelinme ๐Ÿ’• I really like the sound of your odd box and @merryappleโ€™s wonky box!

@daffodil2010 I love Carlow! And if youโ€™re heading down around Borris, St Mullins, etc Iโ€™m envious! A hidden gem ๐Ÿ’• it wonโ€™t matter if you have a little rain thereโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคฉ

I hope you had a lovely Mandela Day @funshipfreddie ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

With you all for a FD today!

Pocket list Day 20
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @merry ๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim

Day 20 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD?

@penz – I don’t want it to be a FD either. So it won’t be. Or maybe it will ๐Ÿค” I’ve been debating with myself since I woke up. I’m feeling a bit rebellious. Maybe it’s the weather. Maybe I just need a fasting break? But we all know how those turn out; it’s a slippery slope… ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

@michelinme – Wordle in two? Well done! They’re so rare. ๐ŸŒ 

@merryapple – I woke up to the news of the Auckland shooter too? Awful. Lunatics everywhere. At least they got him.

Off to get ready & ponder what & when I’ll eat today ๐Ÿคช

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. So ready for this FD! I do have a long day today, so that’s perfect. Not happy with this number, but I haven’t had a FD since Monday, and the weight has pretty much remained at 223/224 since refeeding. Stabilization encourages me because it usually precedes either an overall increase or an overall decrease, and I’m still doing 5:2 and starting to be more careful of NFDs, so I think I should see some wooshes coming soon.

Pocket list Day 20
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @merry ๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim

Day 20 UK FD800

Yesterday was a very solid 1350, just under the TDEE of my goal weight. I’ve not lost a gram/oz as yet – tho I suspect that’s bc I didn’t actually weigh on Monday, but went by where I’d been a few days earlier. But I am noticing my puffiness is reducing, my carbtastic stomach has gone done Enormously and I’m feeling much better.

Yesterday evening I was a bit slow so ate leftovers for supper while making a sweet potato and butternut squash curry – a Nigella Lawson recipe that is simply Delicious. I’ve stretched it over five portions and it works out as a calorie per gram, so today’s 350 calorie portion could be part of a FD800 – which is what I think I need. Here’s the recipe in case anyone is interested https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/butternut_and_sweet_04563

I also had delicious fresh plum and apple compote with vegan yogurt which felt very indulgent. I’m really enjoying cooking and eating again, and sleeping better, and pottering at home. This morning I made myself wake up to join online meditation which got the day off to a wonderful start, then really encouraged by wonderful responses to small bits of catch up project work. All in all,life is definitely looking up.

Tech Q re MFP. On the free version I can’t get it to accept FD calories. It flashes warnings at me that I’m not eating enough and won’t let me post the diary. Any ideas?

@maui your DH funeral sounds perfect. Take good care of yourself now and over the time ahead xx

@merryapple it’s awful about the shooter incident adjacent to the World Cup – and so close to you x Yes, yay for wonky/odd fruit & veg!

@jaifaim @daffodil2010 wishing you wonderful weekends – may the weather be a blessing

Pocket list Day 20
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @merry ๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim
    @michelinme

Day 21, NFD, Aus

I am pleased to report my will power held fast yesterday and I had a good WFD. What did you end up doing @funshipfreddie? How did you go @northgeorgia?

Irish wallabies, @jaifaim?!?! The mind boggles!!

Thanks for updating us @maui โ€“ it sounds like you have a beautiful poignant send off for your DH and glad you were surrounded by love and family.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 21 / 10 to go NZ NFD

@maui Your send off for your DH sounds perfectly beautiful and peaceful. Sendingโค๏ธ

Update. The 24yr old had a background of complete deprivation and violence. Like breeds likeโ€ฆ He was allowed to work on the construction site whilst under house arrest for beating and attempted strangulation of his girlfriend. What sparked his work disaffection hasnโ€™t been discussed.
    Police lifted the shutdown, the city got transport up and running by midday and focus went onto Eden Park. I had friends over for leek and potato soup with sorrel and sour cream and soda bread plus a bit of preloading๐Ÿ˜šWe then walked on down to the park with the hoards. It was great fun especially as NZ caused an upset by beating Norway 1-0. ๐Ÿ˜I must say (heretically) football is not quite as exciting as rugby!
    My FD was reasonably good until I came back from the match and started nibbling on soda bread and cheeseโ€ฆ
    @funshipfreddie and @michelinme Iโ€™ve got Wordle in two 15x but never in oneโ€ฆ and not today
    @jaifaim I am trying to be a gourmandette. I do find though the quality of the menu is going downhillโ€ฆ less cream, cake, cheese , EtOH, red meat and much less cooking technique (heavy sigh).
    @penz I know a lot of mail order Possum fur gets sent across the Tasman Sea! Itโ€™s a fantastic fur except there is a scent in the skins that drives dogs crazy and they have to chew itโ€ฆ
    @northgeorgia Hang in there and everyone else too

More Steely Resolve!

Day 20 – USA

@michelinme, welcome back!

Day 21 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

We may change our travel plans again, watchful eye on the weather and plan to go where it won’t be so wet and windy. It’s an hour to hour strategy ๐Ÿ˜†

@jaifaim, Yes, we were thinking St Mullins too. It’s lovely there, but if it rains tooooo much, well we don’t wNt to be in danger is the Barrow overflows ha ha

Have a great weekend @jaifaim and all, no matter what the weather brings. Xxxx

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ โœ…

@penz well done to you!!! ๐ŸŒŸ I had a good FD too! Had a little hope i would hit back on goal today or at least touching on it but still 1+ lb to goโ€ฆ I had a great week mojo wise but the body doesnโ€™t always follow suitโ€ฆ next Friday is definitely a target. ๐ŸŽฏ yes wallabies in Ireland ๐Ÿฆ˜
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63039627

@funshipfreddie well how did you go yesterday? I hope your rebellious streak didnโ€™t run away with you ๐Ÿคฃ you are doing so well generally and just having a minor blip.
    The recipe looks yum @michelinme – Iโ€™ll give it a go! In MFP I donโ€™t think you can have the stats display automatically for a FD as it believes you are not eating enough.. you can look at the Nutrition option at the bottom to see the statistics display though. Hope that helps?

@merryapple how awful!! Iโ€™m glad the football got to go ahead and you got to enjoy it! Poor Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช.. would have been nice to win the first matchโ€ฆ.

Iโ€™m running out to have a quick walk before work snd then a fun weekend of concerts and catch-ups

Happy travels @daffodil2010! Wherever you end up! Isnโ€™t it great you can just follow the better weather. ๐Ÿš
    I hope you stay dry wherever you go!

Day 21 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@penz – well done on the WFD! ๐Ÿ’ช You’re on a roll ๐ŸŽฒ

@jaifaim & @penz – my rebellious streak took me straight to Kaffeine – my local coffee shop, where I had poached eggs on avo & toast, & 3 (three!) cappuccinos! At least I didn’t have a dessert ๐Ÿ™„ It was well after noon by that time, so I guess I could have done a FD; but my head just wasn’t in the right place. But it is today. The sun is shining & we’re going to reach a more tolerable 18 C. No-one said it was going to be easy, right? Complacency is not an option. Not for more than 24 hours anyway ๐Ÿ˜…

@merryapple – according to my stats, I’ve solved Wordle in 2 attempts 8 times. Never in 1 either. I got it in 3 today. I always start with the same word – AROSE.

@daffodil2010 – happy travels! ๐Ÿš™

Happy Fri-yay everyone ๐Ÿน

Pocket List – Day 21 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @funshipfreddie

Day 21 UK NFD

Yesterday morphed into a perfect CD rather than FD bc it’s what I needed. But I’m delighted to report that after 4 days back on the waggon I’m down a whole 2lbs for my Friday weigh day!

It’s partly EOEO weight from the previous week and the lovely easy losses of the early days. Also I didn’t weigh myself before fasting on Monday and I’d been a bit more than my official 182lb starting weight over the weekend. But I’m delighted with 180lb as a sign of this week’s focus and looking v good for moving into the 170s by the end of the month.

Looking back at MFP it’s been 1xFD800, 2 X goal weight TDEE, 1xCD – clearly what my body needed was some focus, avoiding sugar/dairy and back to what I know works. I think I’m destined to be a gf/largely grain-free vegan who eats eggs as that’s where my body feels happier.Counting things always works for me too – I love data! – so MFP is great.

I’m not doing any more project work until Monday so I’ll enjoy researching and baking a delicious gluten-free, paleo cake. I’m off to church choir v congregation cricket match tomorrow – handily held on the common a mile away from my house ๐Ÿ™‚

@jaifaim that’s really helpful, thanks! Strangely my best-balanced day was my FD, which had lots of fruit, veg & nuts! 1lb over goal is teeny – the difference of a day or two – you are doing brilliantly ๐Ÿ™‚

@penz woo hoo for your WFD!! hope to work my way back to those when I’ve settled back into a rhythm of basics

@metatauta thank you! It’s very good to be here ๐Ÿ™‚

@funshipfreddie glad you’ve found your mojo today! My mouth is now watering at your poached eggs and avo – I might have to make that for lunch but skip the toast ๐Ÿ™‚

@merryapple amazing that you can walk to Eden Park to watch the football! I’m also a rugby fan rather than football

@funshipfreddie @merryapple I got wordle in 1 once – altos, which was then my starting word. Nowdays I mostly use audio. Today I got it in 3 so clearly I’m on a roll ๐Ÿ˜€

@daffodil2010 hope the weather holds for your weekend trip!

Wishing strength to today’s fasters and a lovely weekend to all. I’m so glad to be back with you again ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 21-No. VA, USA-FD 800

Well, my theory of weight loss due to hair cut did not pan out. I had a big glass of white wine last night and a large brownie after dinner and some cheese…etc. It is possible to gain over two pounds in one day. So theoretically one should be able to LOSE two pounds in one day. But it never seems to work that way. We shall see…

Pocket list:
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309 FD800

Day 21 – on I74 in Eastern Illinois

DH and I stopped at several fun places yesterday, so we made the choice to get a hotel last night and drive the last 2.5 hours this morning. The “biggie” that we visited was The National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, Iowa. It’s closing in a month or so, so this was DH’s only chance ever, and it had many wonderful and old bikes. I simply enjoyed reading, lol.

I’m pleased to report I ate reasonably yesterday (which I’m defining as TDEE of 1500 on 5 out of 7 days): 1 day down, 14 to go.

USA. FD

Another FD even though I seem to be holding around the same weight! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everyone is having a great day. I haven’t read the posts yet because I can’t seem to be able to get into them. I will figure that soon!

USA. Day 21

Yay! Found the pocket list!

Pocket list:
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @ccco

Day 21 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. So, I guess it went well! But yesterday we had a major storm, possibly a tornado. A 40-year-old pecan tree toppled in my mom’s yard. Lots of huge limbs, trash, and buckets everywhere. Thankfully, no one was hurt and no damage to our homes or cars. Power went out at 6 pm last night and just came on at 5 am this morning. I decided to not work today and try to help clean up some. I got maybe 3 more hours of sleep before shuffling about.

Day 22 / 9 to go NZ NFD 86.5kg

@jaifaim I read the Wallaby article and was ironically amused by the worry about their survival in Irelandโ€™s cold. They have expanded throughout the mountainous snowy terrain of the South Island. Theyโ€™re now in the wilds of the North Island and they didnโ€™t get there by catching the Ferryโ€ฆ Speculation is they have been spread by hunters.
    @jaifaim and @daffodil2010 I watched the Irish vs Australia match. Your team was unlucky for the match to ride on a penalty although not unlucky to earn the penaltyโ€ฆ
    @michelinme Wordle in one! Wow!
    Try this yummy recipe! Iโ€™m not sure if it ticks all your boxes but itโ€™s my go to for a gluten free cake.
    https://www.smh.com.au/goodfood/recipes/flourless-chocolate-and-almond-cake-20111019-29v9x.html
    @funshipfreddie If you use the same starting word every time for Wordle youโ€™ll never solve it in one. Just saying!
    @excelsior12309 ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
    @ccco and @penz Steady goes the shipโ€ฆ
    The last week is nighโ€ฆ

Steely Resolve for the Week!

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 288 total)

You must be logged in to reply.