Jingle Jangle July 🐣🐥

This topic contains 293 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  AT 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 288 total)

• Day 22 / 9 to go NZ NFD 86.5kg

@jaifaim I read the Wallaby article and was ironically amused by the worry about their survival in Ireland’s cold. They have expanded throughout the mountainous snowy terrain of the South Island. They’re now in the wilds of the North Island and they didn’t get there by catching the Ferry… Speculation is they have been spread by hunters.
    @jaifaim and @daffodil2010 I watched the Irish vs Australia match. Your team was unlucky for the match to ride on a penalty although not unlucky to earn the penalty…
    @michelinme Wordle in one! Wow!
    Try this yummy recipe! I’m not sure if it ticks all your boxes but it’s my go to for a gluten free cake.
    https://www.smh.com.au/goodfood/recipes/flourless-chocolate-and-almond-cake-20111019-29v9x.html
    @funshipfreddie If you use the same starting word every time for Wordle you’ll never solve it in one. Just saying!
    @excelsior12309 😋😋😋
    @ccco and @penz Steady goes the ship…
    The last week is nigh…

Steely Resolve for the Weekend!

??? Double post???

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.3 kg

Had a good FD yesterday. And pocket list company on a Friday?! My wiggle room is well & truly kaput though, at 70.3 kg. Another FD tomorrow or Monday should put me back on track 🎯

@merryapple – you’re probably right re Wordle. But they have to pick my starting word eventually? Unless it’s already been used. I do the puzzle in the morning when I’m barely awake, so my strategy requires minimal thinking 😅 But I think any word with mostly vowels is a good starting point. Here are some tricks & tips from the New York Times for anyone who hasn’t tried it yet…
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/10/crosswords/best-wordle-tips.html#:~:text=Start%20with%20the%20same%20word%20every%20time.&text=Eventually%2C%20you%20might%20pick%20the,their%20data%20as%20a%20resource.

Michael Mosley talking about – among other things – robot pets?!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12325727/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-Chat-neighbour-good-mental-health-theirs.html

Echoing @merryapple‘s call for weekend steely RESOLVE 💪🎯

Day 22 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

@merryapple better twice than not at all 😉
    I know it’s crazy isn’t it! 🦘🦘🦘 Seems they quite like cold rainy weather- although we hear Ireland is getting warmer… but wetter!
    I can attest to that today!
    Festival ready but rain gear a must ☔️

Ah what a shame the haircut didn’t assist the weight loss @excelsior12309 💇‍♀️ but I’m a big believer on EOEO as long as you act quickly – so hopefully the 2lbs will be gone soon 👍

@michelinme I can feel your mojo!!! Bravo to you getting back on track! Yes MFP is great for the breakdown. I paid for the premium version for a short while but felt I didn’t really need it. You get so much with the free version and I don’t track macros religiously…

@ccco same scenario here! Should be losing but there’s definitely a delay but I’m adamant I need to keep the faith and not scupper the efforts this weekend.

@stitchincarol your road trip sounds great and the motorcycle museum sounds lovely! That’s a shame it is closing but I had a look and it sounds like it was difficult for them to cover costs etc. I’m sure the last few years have taken their toll on many a small business like theirs. 😞 I visited the Sammy Miller motorcycle museum (New Milton UK) a few years back and loved the visit.

@funshipfreddie well done! You have been an inspiration this year particularly with the AF focus and we all have bad days but don’t let them set you of on a spiral 🌀

@northgeorgia I’m so sorry you are having such stressful times! 😞

And @maui 💕💕 just thoughts as life around you appears to return to normal – I think that’s the hardest part of saying goodbye 💕💕

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Man, that has got to be water gain. Mixed bag this week, 223 was my median and mode averages this week. But average weight stayed the same as last week at 221 lbs. Also, hit below 220 twice this past week, including 218, my lowest of the month so far. Probably make tomorrow a FD and, due to meetings, the next on Wednesday. And also probably due to meetings, Thursday will be TRE to the late afternoon/evening, and I might make Monday an OMAD in the evening. Could be a nice end to July.

@jaifaim As the expression goes, “when it rains, it pours.” But I have to remember the good things and keep going.

Day 23 / 8 to go NZ NFD 87kg

🤬🤬🤬up .5kg chiefly due to making Paella last evening for friends and having a chicken sandwich from a bakery at lunch. I’m hoping it’s a fast blip. I have a FD on Monday so don’t really want to do anything today other than controlled eating. But it just goes to show what a tightrope I have to walk… The winter sun is out, 10 degrees but the rain is back in the afternoon. Mr Mac and I’ll get a bike ride in this morning.

Update: The shooter was sacked from his work the day prior and confirms it had nothing to do with the World Cup / publicity / ideology. The big question is where did the gun come from…

We went for a walk through the football supporters on their way to Eden Park y’day for the USA vs Vietnam match. The Vietnamese were in scarlet jerseys with big gold stars in the middle and the Americans wore, you guessed it… red white and blue! 3-0 to the USA. It was a great effort from the Vietnamese women to keep the score so low. I’d forgotten how small the Vietnamese are as a race. A big population had been resettled in Oakland post war and had quite a presence when I lived there during the 1980s.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend and is able to gear up with heaps of resolve for this last upcoming week of Jingle Jangle July. The 31st is a Monday!

Kia Kaha!

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

It feels like I’ve got another cold coming on. No surprise there; everywhere you go people are coughing & sneezing. And I know the saying is ‘feed a cold..’ but this one’s getting starved, today anyway 😅

@jaifaim – thank you! I think sometimes I’m too hard on myself. I have done well with the 🚫🍷& I’m still 3 kg down since I quit – almost 10 months ago! I guess I’ll just have to aim for a year now 🎯

Can you believe this?! The depths people will sink to for money? I can’t think why the reporter felt it was necessary to refer to the villain’s nationality though. A scumbag is a scumbag regardless of where they live.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12327139/Irishman-41-dragged-uncles-lifeless-corpse-post-office-withdraw-dead-relatives-246-pension-jailed.html

@northgeorgia – I put you on the list, just in case. I need all the help I can get!

Happy S🌞nday!

Pocket List – Day 23 🥚
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia …?

Day 23 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Yep, I’ll do a FD with @funshipfreddie today! I’m sooo hungry this morning, and I need to throw out/put away some leftovers, but… hey…

Pocket List – Day 23 🥚
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 24, FD, Aus

For some reason I thought it was August tomorrow; I’ve skipped a week!

Oh no, @northgeorgia, is that the second big old tree you’ve had come down? I imagine you’ve only just cleared away the last one, but how lucky that it fell and missed everything important.

Hello fellow Wordle players – how many of you always start with the same word (@funshipfreddie, @michelinme) and how many have a new word every day (me)? My SIL started with the same word, and the day it came up, she didn’t play!!

Day 24 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hello everyone just a short check in…
    I’m still drying out…. After a very wet weekend here but a very fun one and now to get back to focus for the week.
    Hope all are well and fair play to the Sunday fasters 💯
    With you today @penz
    💕

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 24 🎯
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Kia Kaha 💪

Day 24 / 7 to go NZ FD 86kg

Dropped down to 86kg… Fingers crossed I can get to the 85s by the end of the week…
    I have just been to the funeral of my DH’s art dealer. She was a legend in our city and it’s been quite sad thinking about the changing of the guard. It was lovely to catch up with lots of old art friends. COVID has had a very real impact on our art world with fewer opportunities to gather together.
    @jaifaim go you!

Pocket List
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @merry🍎

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.9 kg

Back on track after Fri & Sunday FDs 💪

@penz – I always start Wordle with the same word – AROSE. To get the right word in one go would be pure luck & I don’t think I would feel as if I’d actually played the game 🤔 I used to start with SOARE – same letters as AROSE, but I didn’t like the fact that it sounds like SORE 🤪

@merryapple – down a kilo – well done!🏅

Sending steely RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 🎯

Day 24 UK FD

Sat and Sun were NFDs and glad to be back on the waggon today.

I ate some unhelpful food (digestive biscuits, a whole packet of bbq lentil chips, mini twix) but stayed under current weight TDEE which is an improvement on previous weeks. Unwell after Sat supper with I think mild food poisoning which left me with a strange headache/unquenchable thirst/hot flushes through to Sunday afternoon.

Community cricket was played despite downpour (unlike the Ashes series!) and my homemade vegan gf/grain-free chocolate beetroot cake with chocolate ganache and blueberries went down very well, still warm from the oven at the end of the match. It was so popular people still talked about it on Sunday and I’m baking it for a friend’s 80th birthday party next weekend!

Here’s the recipe in case anyone is interested:
    Cake: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/eggless-chocolate-beetroot-blitz-bake-cake I used a home blend of almond/tapioca/coconut flour plus baking powder to make it self-raising. Served made Teresa Cutter’s chocolate avocado mousse as a ganache (half quantities for topping, or all for layer cake; i used non-dairy milk in place of coconut cream) 2 ripe avocados, 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) pure maple syrup, 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) coconut cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 60 g (½ cup/2 oz) dark cocoa powder and a generous pinch of sea salt. Blend until smooth.Topped with fresh blueberries

just remembered I have a zoom call at 11am – be back to join pocket list and catchup with posts later!

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Well, shoot! Didn’t quite go down 3 lbs after my FD, but it’s hot outside. Instead of doing a WFD, I decided late afternoon it might be better to eat a cucumber with salt and vinegar during this really hot weather, so I’m sure the smaller weight drop was due to that. In theory, though, I shouldn’t have a huge jump today during refeeding as long as I don’t go crazy.

@penz Several weeks ago, we had a huge 60 year old tree limb crash down, which was just as much work as chopping up a tree minus the rootball. I think this one will require a professional…a younger tree, and only half on our property (our responsibility), but the rootball is 15 feet in the air!

I’ll eat lunch out today just because I have a late afternoon meeting. Tomorrow is a lunch meeting. So, I’ll make Wednesday a FD as that is an all-day meeting going through lunch. I have the second in that series of meetings on Thursday, too, but there’s also an evening meeting requiring a drive an hour to near the NC/SC border, and there may be food/snacks offered there, but I usually resist…so I’m thinking Thursday will be a lighter than normal day. And yes, I have a meeting Friday, too. Boy, this week is going to go by fast.

Day 24 – visiting DD in Indianapolis

Yesterday was definitely an excess day as there were chips at the pool where we spent several hours, and then wine plus cake at the evening meal. So today needs to be “reasonable” and within my TDEE of 1500.

When I was still doing Wordle, I always started with IDEAS… it would have been far too much work to think of a new word every day! LOL

18-month old granddaughter wants my attention, so must go!

Day 24-No. VA USA-FD

Joining the Pocket List today! Hope springs eternal! Or maybe it is determination!

Yesterday I got Wordle on the second word. A good guess, of course. Today, it took five. I use a different word everyday to start. I like variety.
    Stay strong, fasters!
    Pocket list:

@penz
    @jaifaim
    @merryapple
    @Excelsior 12309

Day 24 2nd post

Popping back to join the pocket list for today! It’s been an excellent day – more anon 🙂

Pocket list Day 24
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @merryapple
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme

USA. Day 24. WFD

I started my water fast yesterday and am doing well! As far as I can tell, I have lost 4 lbs. in July. My plan is to do better in August! 🙂

Pocket list Day 24
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @merryapple
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme
    @ccco

Better late than never! LOL

Day 25 / 6 to go NZ CD 87.1kg

I hope the big FD day list of y’day did well at least better than moi…🫢I’ve pinged up chiefly because of eating 2 1/2 slices of late night pizza and wine with friends on top of funereal champagne and finger food…Could have been worse. Could do better. Today is a controlled day to drop back.
    @excelsior12309 I’m with you; Hope Springs Eternal!
    @michelinme Hope you’re feeling brighter by now. Those snacks sound pretty healthy to me! I have never used beetroot in a cake but did try parsnip once. I came to the conclusion that carrot cake is the way to go between the two. However a chocolate cake made with grated zucchini is my all time favourite and very popular here because zucchini turn into marrows very easily in the vegetable patch.
    @northgeorgia Are you going to plant replacement trees? I always think of the birds who live in them.
    @funshipfreddie Well done on getting below the dotted line and into the 60s by the hair of your chinny chin chin!
    Wordle players- 3 goes for me today.

Steely resolve for everyone😃

Day 25, NFD, Aus

Yesterday’s FD was a CD but I’m ok with it.

Drat, Wordle in 6 today because I completely overlooked I’d already got a correct consonant (just in the wrong spot).

Well done @merryapple – your current weight was where I was a year ago, and now I’m almost 10kg heavier. Grrr.

Day 24 USA (IL) FD

Decided to make today a FD – should have joined the pocket list!

@ccco – congrats on your water fast. I never could do that (well only once probably 5 years ago).

@penz – I didn’t get today’s Wordle at all. Had letter 2 & 5 after the 2nd guess but tried 4 wrong choices. Hadn’t had a fail for quite a while.

@northgeorgia – whew, sounds like your tree really will need a professional. We had a bad ice storm in March that took our huge limbs from 3 different trees, including two limbs landing on our backyard swimming pool side. Just glad it didn’t keep us from using the pool this hot summer.

@stitchincarol – enjoy your time in Indy!

Onward and downward.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Hey everyone. We found the one place in Ireland that wasn’t wet at the weekend (we went to St Mullins @jaifaim) and enjoyed a sunny couple of days, strolling by the river, having a lovely lunch, relaxing.

And then I got a sudden and painful toothache and felt my head would explode. Why do toothaches happen at the weekend when my dentist is shut? Lots of painkillers, but the ibuprofen did the job, and pain left just as suddenly.
    And now I have an upset tum, probably from my cocktail of painkillers.

Two weekends in a row I have been out of sorts. So today is an FD as I just cannot even think of eating 😱 I am bringing bovril and cream crackers for my lunch, IF I can manage that.

Loving all the chatter though! Good luck any fasters today.

Pocket list Day 25
    @ daffodil2010

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I had a horrible night’s sleep. I took some cold/flu medication just before I went to sleep, & my stomach was making gurgling noises for most of the night. It probably had a ton of caffeine in it too – I forgot to check. I gave up at 6:45 & made coffee, when it was just 5 C outside?! But my Fitbit app still gave me an ’80’ sleep score? Can’t be right? Makes no sense. Yesterday I slept an hour longer, I thought I’d slept really well, & yet I only got 78?! Something dodgy going on…😵

@merryapple – I got Wordle in 4 today, but yesterday? I blew it too, @songbirdme. My last attempt was ‘LOBBY’ – just one letter off 😢

@daffodil2010 – oh no?! At least you got to enjoy most of your weekend 🌤🌈 Hope you have an easy, pain-free FD 🤗

We’ve got the Somerson Village AGM just now. I hope I can stay awake & they don’t drone on for half the day 😅 💤💤

Day 25 – Ireland – FD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hello! Hope everyone is well today!
    I had a good FD yesterday and I think I’ll try another FD today… and then maybe throw in one more FD for good measure later in the week to set me up for the last day of July being a Monday!

Well done @merryapple – so close!!! I’m so sorry to hear you have lost another friend. 💕
    And @ccco back to the WFDs. Go you 💪 I’m with @songbirdme in finding them very difficult.
    @funshipfreddie and @daffodil2010 sorry to hear you are both feeling sick today… what a shame! @daffodil2010 you were in a very special and mythical part of the country – no wonder it didn’t rain 🌟 . Lucky you!!!
    @michelinme I am largely GF now also… I feel so much better generally on a GF diet – energy, brain fog, aches etc. The next thing to do is to have the coeliac test as this has never been done through all my years of tests… the mind boggles really as it is very common in Ireland.
    So… I read your recipe with great interest as I’m finding it difficult to find nice GF treats 😋. Mind you, maybe that is a good thing as a treat is a treat and generally calorific.
    @stitchincarol it sounds like you are having fun 🤩 and special times with your family… enjoy! 💕
    @penz – we are getting there…. Onward and downward we go ⬇️ . Poca a poca

Great to have seen so many on the Monday FD list and here we go again today.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 25 🌸
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Well, yesterday’s NFD didn’t go as well as planned, but will look forward to tomorrow’s FD and try to behave a bit better today. Got a couple of meetings rather far apart…

We’re still picking up debris in the yard. We must have all worked together and dumped 25 five-gallon bucketloads of sticks and pinecones yesterday evening…and still not done! We may plant some more trees, but the pecan tree had several seedlings around it, so it may be better and cheaper to let one or two grow into saplings. We’ll see after the 15-foot tall root ball on its end is cleared and the hole left behind smoothed out 🙂

Day 25 – Indie

Eating “reasonably” is tough. Especially as we are on vacation. I am particularly struggling not to have my scale, as that gives me no other course than to listen to my body, and that’s precisely what’s tough, especially as I often don’t like what it’s telling me–you know: “Stop, Carol, you have plenty in you, and eating/drinking more is not “reasonable” eating.” Beyond that, I frequently forget “reasonable” is supposed to be my goal, and just blithely eat/drink impulsively. Re-training ourselves is tough!

Is anyone planning on August? I clearly need it, but am not home until late on the 3rd, and will struggle to find time “to host” on the first three days.

@daffodil2010 How awful you had such a severe toothache; I’m glad it’s gone now. Does the stomach ache today feel at all like a silver lining, since it will help you with a fast?

@funshipfreddie I do hope whatever’s bothering you is gone in short order.

@ccco I don’t see a 4lb loss as something that needs improving in August but as something to celebrate in July; I’m impressed by your success! After all, if your TDEE is anywhere as low as mine (1500) a four pound loss represents serious restraint!

@merryapple Pizza always has me up a few pounds because of all of the sodium, so I’ll bet you find this morning’s jump to be EOEO.

@jaifaim You are doing so impressively with your restraint that I bet you blow right down to 151 or something delightful!

Okay, I’ve lost track of who I’ve responded to, and DD has put Stanley Tucci on the tv, must go

Day 25 UK FD/CD?

Yesterday morphed into FD700 but that will do me. I got a bit distracted by watching my nutrition and macros on MFP, trying to rebalance etc, and blew past 500 calories. Reminding myself that I’ve only been back here a week!

Today I’ve fasted all day and finally broke with baby plum tomatoes and beetroot at 5pm. I’ve since had a bowl of yesterday’s courgette, pea & pesto soup (v easy, tasty and full of vegan protein), another of sweet potato and butternut squash chilli with baby jacket potatoes and just thinking about apricot, strawberry and apple with vegan yogurt and a few sprinkled seeds/nuts.

I’m delighted with myself for ignoring all sorts of treats and tempting foods in my super speedy foray to supermarkets today – stocking up on water and coffee and picking up sale packages. I told myself I’d planned my food for the next few days and didn’t need to add to it!I had indeed kept a couple of pots of soup in the fridge and defrosted a couple of vegan chillis from last week and A While Ago. My sale packages were a new frying pan, stove to oven cast iron pot and dish for microwave steaming. it feels like new toys/bargains which will encourage me to keep cooking from fresh.

A harder day today – up early for workman fitting new opener on my door, juggling practical things, a zoom meeting and lots of project emails/meeting planning around the noise and dust. My brain is slightly fried and my body exhausted, hoping for a long sleep and slow, gentle start to tomorrow.

@stitchincarol your time with family sounds great; I hope you find a food balance you are happy with to really enjoy your time away

@northgeorgia that sounds like a HUGE tree!

@jaifaim I usually bake for taking to community events/friends rather than to eat at home – unless i’m in maintenance and that’s a way off yet! But tend to go for healthier baking eg high protein:carb ratio, grain-free, no refined sugar etc. These treats always feel earned and tasty without the sugar spike or post-cake regrets 😀 Good luck with coeliac test – I couldn’t manage the pre-test gluten-loading and had to give up, but similarly feel bloated, brain fog and joint pain when I eat gluten

@funshipfreddie so sorry you are feeling sick; hope you sleep better tonight and wake better tomorrow.

@penz @songbirdme @funshipfreddie I made an absolute pig’s ear of wordle a couple of days ago and lost my streak 🙁 but got today’s in 3 which felt much better!

@daffodil2010 so sorry about your toothache and hope your stomach settles down. Your weekend away sounds idyllic 🙂

@merryapple pizza is fatal for me – the combo of carb and salt puff me up like helium! I hope you deflate speedily. I’ve never tried parsnip in a cake but have used courgette and butternut squash – not together! I generally get the ‘inclusive/special diets’ requests for community/friends gatherings so like to make things as healthy as possible, including veg/fruit loading!

@penz empathy re the 10kg gain. I can’t work out how I’m 18kg up on early 2020 but here I am. Focus and work are needed to get to where we’d like to be, then attention to keep us healthy and wise. You can do this!

Day 26 / 5 to go NZ NFD 86.8kg

Coming down is so much slower than going up which seems to defy the laws of gravity… I’ve had a good breakfast and will hopefully eat less as the day goes by. It’s chilly, thunder and hail as well as gale force gusts to 90km.

Lovely to see all the posts.
    @penz It’s a sad fact that some of us just put weight on so easily. I am the only porky one in my family. My parents and siblings were / are all racing sardines. I rejoined 5:2 at 93kg and am averaging a 1kg/month loss. It seems tougher this time around and I am eating less. My wee Westie is so much older – we can’t do big walks any longer and the weather this year has been completely crappy. I’m keeping going so when it warms up in a couple of months I’ll be in a position (under 85kg) to enjoy exercising which rightly or wrongly I’m not doing too much of except for e-biking and gardening.
    @funshipfreddie Some respiratory viruses will affect your gut…
    @daffodil2010 Oh no! Just when you had come right…
    @jaifaim I hope you don’t test +ve for coeliacs😬 You and @michelinme are doing so well having sorted out what works for you regarding nutrition.
    @northgeorgia That hot sweaty graft must have used up more than a few calories!
    @stitchincarol Enjoy your holiday and relax around food. I’m sure you’ll be making good choices. Then come back to 5:2 when you’re home. 😍Stanley Tucci!
    I did Wordle in 3 today: Knights had it in spades, so did Princess Diana and it keeps us going…
    (Apologies, I can’t resist😬)
    Is any one going to host next month? I can set up the spread sheet if needed (with a new name ??August August??) Or it could just be free flowing.

Kia Kaha and Steely Resolve for the next 5 days!

Second post

I was actually volunteering to host August if we can work out a way for it to start late… or is that too discouraging to have July end late and August start late?

@stitchincarol — certainly one of us can get August going (suppose I could) until you are home. Our vacation isn’t until August 16 – going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Likely we will be gone a week – ten days.

Day 26, NFD, Aus

Wordle in two today; lucky first guess set me up nicely. Ha ha @merryapple! So right about weight loss not abiding by the rules of gravity, but you seem to have it nicely tamed.

Is it Wednesday today? For some reason I am so out of whack this week. If so, happy hump day everyone.

Day 26 – Ireland – CD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

@merryapple – thanks! I really hope I don’t either 🙏. It’s been a long road of eliminating and tweaking for a few years now and there are times where my focus drops but I feel so much better when I eat the right things for my body. The funny thing is that I have very few gut/intestinal problems it’s mostly headaches, fog, achey bones and muscle and the big one: sleep! It doesn’t always mean I eat less though 🫢
    The unfortunate thing is that many of those things I really really liked I’ve had to cut… (bread, pastries, beer) but it is interesting how you adapt and you appreciate other foodstuffs after a while… I think I’m there now but felt very hard done by for a while…. So on I go … the doctors just wanted to prescribe and test for the pain, the aches, etc it says it all really 🥲 but you are your own advocate and only you know your own body. 👍
    @stitchincarol awww thanks! I’d love that and am sort of hoping for a whoosh but no signs yet… I think @flourbaby was the queen of whooshes… I am eeking down ever so slowly…but it’s a wee bit frustrating 🤣 thought I’d hit 155+ today after two FDs but nope. It’s so hard on the road so well done to you for trying!

@michelinme that’s so interesting. I had to load up on gluten to do the test having stopped it pretty much completely earlier this year and it was remarkable how bad I felt so quickly… so I don’t need the test results to tell me I am intolerant but it will be interesting although I know that even with the blood test coeliac disease is often not picked up. Your food yesterday sounded delicious 😋. You are doing so very well 👌 and it is great to have you back!

@songbirdme I have heard of Myrtle Beach – it sounds lovely!! And I hope you enjoy the anticipation of the holiday as much as the holiday itself ☀️ 🏖️

@penz you are not the only one! I keep thinking I’m a day ahead… 🫨

Thanks for offering to host August everyone. I think it’s best to keep each month a clear cut month as there is something so lovely about starting again on Day 1 and it seems less daunting than an ongoing challenge even though we all know we are here for the long haul 🤣🤣

Hope @daffodil2010 and @funshipfreddie are feeling ok today and all those who started with us please check in and tell us how you are doing. 📮🙏

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Still feeling a bit sore in the tum, though yesterday’s FD saw me drop a couple of pounds so it’s a silver lining. Taking it handy today.

@penz and @michelinme, I too don’t know how I managed to get to this weight over the years, and it’s so hard to shift, and easier to put it back on! But onwards we go

@stitchincarol, enjoy your holidays, this forum will bumble along once it’s set up for August, (thanks @songbirdme for offering to set up), and thanks @stitchincarol for hosting).

@jaifaim, I hope you aren’t coeliac, but it’s so common here in Ireland, fingers crossed that you aren’t. And yes, love St Mullins, a beautiful historic spot

We have just received invites for the corporate box for Sunday’s All Ireland football final 😀 Our team, Dublin, are playing Kerry, and it promises to be a cracker. Hoping the food this time does not give me a whacky tum! When we were children my Dad used to bring us to Croke Park for matches and lift us over the turnstile for free, they don’t allow that now😄 My brother has a season ticket so will of course be with the Dublin fans on Hill 16, I told him I will wave my champagne and prawn sandwich at him from the corporate end of the stadium 😀

Should be a great day anyway.

Have a lovely hump day

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD?

Had a much better sleep last night. It could’ve been better, but a grumpy/hungry Boo Boo decided I was waking up at 7:20 😻

@merryapple – I wish I’d read your post before I did Wordle earlier 😅 I almost had it after 3 attempts, but it actually took me 4.

@songbirdme & @stitchincarol – thanks so much for volunteering to setup/host August 🙏

Not sure if today or tomorrow will be a FD. May have a lunch date tomorrow or next Thursday, not sure yet. The AGM went on for two hours yesterday. There were a few fireworks at the end though. There’s always one, isn’t there? Long story short, this woman is a troublemaker of note. I almost bought a house from her last year too. But I had a weird feeling about her & Googled her name. Turned out she was convicted of assault & crimen injuria against an employee of the complex a few years ago!. She got a suspended sentence, which she appealed (?!) & lost the appeal. She was on full form yesterday, & is certainly not mellowing with age 😂

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 26 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Well, got a call right before my first meeting yesterday that my brother was taken to the ER. Thankfully, it ended up being a kidney stone. And I wonder why I can’t seem to shift my weight. The stress has been non-stop this year, it seems (and even the year before, with my dad’s heart surgery with continued ill health — I didn’t make the connection before. I mostly stagnated weight-wise). I’m sure that I’m dealing with this calorically instead of with activity, too…

The tree that fell I guess is considered large in some parts of the world. It was about 12 – 15 meters tall. But we have larger and older ones on the property. In fact, it was likely the youngest and smallest tree in my mom’s yard.

Anyone joining me today?

Pocket list – day 26
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 – USA

Keeping up on all of your posts and enjoying being back “in the know!” Still playing around with IF of various lengths. Found a wonderful doctor named Mindy Pelz who specializes in teaching fasting to women. I got her book “Fast Like A Girl”. She is on YouTube and has written a few books. As we all know, our men seem to drop the weight a lot easier, and it’s a fascinating subject to me. However, my playing around cost me a bit….had a really exhausting day at work and had been fasting all day, then tried to swim laps, only to return to the lockerroom after 1 lap! I am learning my limits of endurance, for sure! I had a glitch of weight gain in the middle of the month, and I think it’s because of exercising more. Over all, my loss this month is below my goal so far, and the clothes are looser, so I’m content to keep it up.

USA. Day 26. WFD

joining you, @northgeorgia, on the pocket list today. It isn’t hard not to eat In this heat!! I am down 5 lbs.

Pocket list – day 26
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 26

Thanks, @songbirdme, for volunteering to be on hand at the get-go of August. I’ll manage to get it started in the next few days after we leave Indie and are on our own, but once the convention starts, all bets are off. 🤷‍♀️

DD and her family have commitments today so DH and I are on our own this afternoon and evening; tomorrow, we head up to Frankenmuth, Michigan, for a day or two and then we’ll take the long drive (north through the Upper Peninsula and then south on the west edge of Lake Michigan) to Milwaukee in Wisconsin, where the convention starts Sunday morning.

Talk more later.

Day 26 FD country west Australia 82.7 kgs
    Finally a good FD without too much difficulty.
    Two weeks of unfettered eating, travelling and no exercise and UP 2.4 kgs.
    Will have to reply jingle and jangle before next Monday.
    Haven’t been posting or reading posts and this is what happens.
    Back on the wagon and hopefully in one place for more than a minute.
    Still planning to get to 80 kgs by August 1st !!
    Have a good day all.
    Off to bed to get warm. It’s very cold and wet and windy here.
    And sadly almost 90 pilot whales have beached themselves and 50 dead already on our south coast😢

Day 26 UK CD

Just checking in for accountability.Full day – I came to post this morning then distracted and suddenly it’s 11 hours later!

Sticking to my OMAD vegan, supper with 3 courses of courgette, pea & cannellini bean soup; butternut squash, spinach and chickpea curry with quorn chicken; gooseberry, rhubarb and apple compote with vegan custard. Very delicious and i’m very full! Now to calculate the calories…

Glad to read posts but chores calling my name and feeling v zzzzzz – more tomorrow x

Day 27, FD, Aus

You’re a good judge of character @funshipfreddie. I hope this woman is not an immediate neighbour; just in the same complex?

Enjoy the game @daffodil2010 – being in a box sounds like a special treat. We were lucky enough to get invited to a corporate box for an AFL game in Sydney a month ago. Silly me thought the “box” would be fully enclosed so I did not dress appropriately for sitting outside in a winter’s evening!!! (We did have full service of food and drink though, so a few glasses (read: plastic cups) of red wine helped me feel warmer!)

Looser clothes are much more important to me than lighter scales, @metatauta. Sounds like you’re doing the right thing. But do share: why is it easier for me to drop the weight??

Thank you @stitchincarol and @songbirdme for agreeing to get the August forum up and running. Once it starts, we can all take care of it.

I’m away tomorrow on a work trip so may not get the chance to log in. If not, wishing everyone a great weekend and a strong finish to the 31st.

Day 27 / 4 to go NZ FD 170kg

What’s happened to my scales☹️. I made a thick Dahl for lunch y’day which has ++salt… I need a woosh!

@stitchincarol That’s great. I got the wrong end of the stick!
    @songbirdme Thank you for the upcoming intro. Pleased to hear your swimming pool is still full of water!
    @northgeorgia A kidney stone although painful is eminently treatable. Great to identify stressors and remember to take care of yourself too.
    @jaifaim So what do you eat if you have cut out beer, pies and bread?! Wine and cheese perhaps.🤣🤣
    @funshipfreddie Your community sounds like an Agatha Christie novella. 😶🫢🤣
    We have a terrible case running in court. I don’t know if it’s on your news but it involves a SA medical couple who emigrated to a small South Island town where a Sth African Pentecostal church was set up. He had a job as an orthopaedic surgeon. She wasn’t practicing and was at home with a 6 yr old and 2yr old twins conceived after multiple rounds of IVF. He came home after dinner with colleagues and she’d put cable ties around their necks but that didn’t kill them so she smothered them and then took pills… His first words were She’s done this to get back at me. She hated NZ having been here for four weeks (2 wks in quarantine). The defence’s case is insanity and infanticide. The prosecution is saying not mad and murder.

And on that note, have a good day everyone and make sure you know what you’re DH’s innermost thoughts are…😬

Day 27 CD country west Australia 82.0 kgs
    Checking in for accountability

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Still taking her handy, I needed an egg for breakfast this morning as hungry, I have my homemade Oatbran bread with chicken for lunch, and something plain and simple for dinner, while this tum works itself out.

@northgeorgia, you really have been under a huge amount of stress this past year. Look after yourself.
    Oh @merryapple, what a terrible story 😱

And oh my, poor Sinead O’Connor has passed away and only 56 years of age. May she rest in peace.

So that’s me for today. Have a great one

Day 27 – Ireland – FD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hi all, a decent CD yesterday… no whoosh… 💦 💧 but I did have quite salty foods so today I’ll watch that… just couldn’t resist last night.

@merryapple yes it sounds very restrictive doesn’t it particularly as I don’t drink wine anymore and generally AF but could have G&Ts etc… if I really wanted 🥂
    It’s funny though, and I’m sure @michelinme would agree, that you can still manage to find pretty calorific foods outside those groups… crisps are my downfall at the moment. Because I can you see 😉🫢

@lilymartin no better woman and it sounds like you have had a good busy time 👍

@stitchincarol I’m looking at the map and see your route… it looks amazing! I was surprised recently to see Milwaukee architecture on a friends Instagram posts – very impressive. For some reason I had thought it was pretty industrial.
    @funshipfreddie I agreethat sounds like an episode of a mystery series 😂 or a Richard Osman book.

Hi @metatauta – you are here that’s key.
    @ccco – just super!!! 🌟
    @penz all the best for the end of the month.

@daffodil2010 I am a GAA child too… Many games spent on shoulders… and laterally tripping all over the country for my team. Enjoy the match! You lucky thing🍀

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 27 🌸
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim

Kia Kaha 💪

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@merryapple – that has to be a typo?! Or is it lbs? I’m sure your weight didn’t double overnight?! 😅 The South African woman who murdered her three children? Yes, that’s been on the news here too. The husband is back in South Africa now. Horrific case. Everything she went through to get those kids, the IVF treatment? Could anyone in their right mind do what she did? She could’ve just left NZ if she was that unhappy.

@penz – No, she doesn’t live near me, fortunately. Which is just as well, because Boo Boo tends to make herself at home wherever she sees an open door/window. Luckily my immediate neighbours are cat-friendly. The woman I mentioned actually owns two cottages next door to each other. She works from home, so maybe she uses one as an office, or she just doesn’t want anyone living next door to her? 🙄 As for why it’s easier for men to lose weight? Men have a naturally higher metabolic weight & more lean muscle mass. We’re just built to burn fat more quickly.

@lilymartin – so awful to hear about the whales?! I hope they managed to save most of them? 🙏

@jaifaim – The Thursday Murder Club?! Love them. I’ve read all 3. There’s another one coming out in September.

Pocket List – Day 27 🌸
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. I long for the days when pushing into the lower 210s was after a few days of not fasting, instead of a barely 210s reading being a post-FD weigh-in. Ah well, just got to keep it up and watch my refeeding days 😉

Got all-day meetings again. Will likely skip lunch today.

Day 28 / 3 to go NZ NFD 65kg

Thanks @funshipfreddie On paper I had a 105kg woosh!
    @jaifaim All of us have restricted choices of some kind sadly but if we eat outside that range we don’t face the aches and pains you and @michelinme have to deal with. Hats off and kia kaha to you!
    @lilymartin Lovely to see you back here after a great break. Those poor pilot whales. We get a few pods beaching here every year. It’s such a mystery why.
    @penz Enjoy your work trip and we’ll hear from you when you’re back in August.
    @metatauta and @ccco Well done on your looser clothes. To contemplate not eating because of heat sounds gorgeous. It is the complete opposite of my situation. It’s 7 degrees in the kitchen this morning.
    @daffodil2010 Yes it’s very sad about Sinnead O’Connor. We had her songs playing on the radio y’day.
    Tell me, what is a hump day?
    I have to get moving and warm up…

Steely Resolve one and all

Day 27 UK FD

Just squeezing in at the end of a looooong day!

Full on day of project notes, zooms, planning and prep then zipping into town for an onsite meeting and hooking on a gallery visit/coffee with a lovely friend. We visited the St Francis exhibition at the National Gallery – my second time – a wonderful curation of paintings from all over the world. Although we spent an hour there and ninety minutes or so chatting, somehow I didn’t get home until 9pm!

I’ve had butternut squash and sweetpotato curry with smoked tofu, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, followed by gooseberry/rhubarb/apple compote with vegan custard. Comes in at 512 calories which will do me nicely. Very impressed with myself for resisting calories/snacks in both cafe and supermarket bc fasting!

@merryapple somehow you’ve lost over 20kg this week 😀 Please do share your secrets!!

Sorry not to be chatty – so tired, and up early for big meeting then afternoon baking 🙂

Pocket List – Day 27 🌸
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme

Day 28, NFD, Aus

Quick post.

Hump day refers to Wednesday, @merryapple. Wednesday is in the middle of the working week, and thus once you’re over the hump, you’re on the downhill run to the weekend!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 288 total)

You must be logged in to reply.