Jingle Jangle July 🐣🐥

This topic contains 293 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  AT 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 288 total)

• Day 10 – USA – NFD

Day 11, NFD, Aus

PFDS (or relief really, not smugness). Not as a result of my mojo returning, mind you, but down to sheer stubbornness. I am not liking the way I feel at the moment and only I can change that. Thank you for all your encouraging comments, @funshipfreddie, @merryapple and others.

@funshipfreddie: did I hear on the radio news this morning that it had snowed in Johannesburg?! I hope you’ve got your heater nicely installed! (Oh and mention of buttered toast reminded me when I was a uni student living on campus – a meal of hot buttered toast was heaven!!)

Day 10- Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hello!
    I’m tired and a little achey this week but all good. It could be my building my new habits focus … a few more planks and squats have been done since the start of last week 🤣 so it could be that.

@daffodil2010 thanks for scooping up the pocketeers yesterday!
    Not a stellar FD yesterday again… but I’m committed to a better one later in the week.

Today I have to meet friends for lunch.
    Hope to something light and tasty on the menu 😋

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Sorry today is CD 👍

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD Keto

Good FD, back into the lower decade, just, and mojo strong. DH also in fasting mode too, so both of us will help each other keep on the straight track.

Unlike the previous 3 months there is not much socially on the horizon so we can control the eating and the drinking 😄

@jaifaim, like you I am incorporating squats etc back into my morning routine, I hurt my thigh last month and effectively stopped exercise except for my walks, and am amazed at how quickly the old muscles and joints have got stiff! The joys of being in my 50’s !!

And @funshipfreddie, I Read that article and fair play to the author for having a bikini body at 60, but it’s a lot of work that I am not prepared to do ha ha. The bikini is firmly consigned to my memories of my youth!!

Speaking of youth, has anyone seen the Netflix documentary on Wham? Oh I really enjoyed it. They were only around from 1982 to 1986, but their songs fill my teenage memories. They were not much older than me but gave me and my friends dreams of sipping cocktails in Club Tropicana, skiing holidays with our friends, just being young, gorgeous and healthy. As Andrew Ridgeley said, Wham would never be middle aged. Great show

Have a good day today everyone X

P

Third post!
    @daffodil2010 I had left the page open so saw your comment about the Wham documentary. I saw it over the weekend. I felt so emotional watching it – knowing how their lives turned out afterwards. Also, memories of the 80s came flooding back!

What a beautiful friendship they had and what fabulous men they are 💕
    I’d like to have heard a lot more about Andrew also though… he is a a true friend. Won’t say anymore as some of you might not know the story and might want to watch it…
    Friendship 💕💕💕

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – yes, it snowed in Johannesburg! First time in 11 years. The whole country is shivering 🥶️. There was a funny pic doing the rounds on Whatsapp yesterday, a picture of an igloo with the caption, “1 bedroom cottage to let in Jo’burg, has its own entrance” 😂 I still haven’t got my heater, but I’m going looking for one – today! 🔥

@merryapple – but Liz does look incredible for 58, despite any ‘procedures’. She doesn’t look fake to me, or have an obvious trout pout like many celebrities do.

@stitchincarol – I hope you’re okay & haven’t been locked out again? 👀

@daffodil2010 – I’ll check out that documentary. I love the song ‘Last Christmas’, it has to be one of the most Christmassy songs ever. I read somewhere it still rakes in a fortune in royalties every year. It never got to # 1 in the UK in ’84, thanks to ‘Do They Know it’s Christmas’ by Band Aid, but it did eventually get there in 2020/21.

@penz – stubbornness, resolve, determination – whatever it takes! Just a couple of days a week. We can do this 🤲

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right” ~ Henry Ford

Day 11 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Less than a half pound gain over yesterday, so despite my going a bit crazy at dinner time, the Dinner OMAD strategy worked very well I think. And with today’s FD, I am looking forward to seeing a 210s weigh-in tomorrow. I’ve only hit 219 so far in July, so maybe that will change tomorrow. Got to steadily steer this ship back to the 200s, where I was last year, and then set my sights to crossing over into the 190s 🙂

I will be having lunch on Wednesday, as we’re planning a farewell lunch with one of our co-workers. Might try to OMAD that one, too.

Pocket list – day 11
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 11 FD

Joining today’s pocket list!

Pocket list – day 11
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

My sister and her husband got here last night, so my feet hit the ground running when I got out of bed yesterday–hence, no post from me. I was outside working in the yard for well over four hours (and was thrilled with the improvement) and then I was noble and even went to the gym to lift weights, although it was a slightly abreviated version of weights. They’ve left to drive (8.5 hours) to Deadwood, South Dakota, and to see Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse and all the other things up there, and then will be back on Saturday late afternoon and stay for three nights before flying home to California.

And with all that physical effort (I hit 12K steps yesterday!!!), and a supper of a large green salad with shrimp on top, I should have been fine food-wise, but cocktails and wine were consumed, so I simply didn’t even get on the scale this morning, knowing I would not be pleased. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Today’s piano lessons were either cancelled (students on summer vacation or at camps) or moved to Thursday, so I have an unexpected day at home. Rather than try to strong-arm myself into a FD, I’m going with the more easily accomplished FD800, and I’ll channel @penz‘s stubbornness to ensure it happens!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 12/ 19 to go NZ NFD 87.4kg (up a bit 😫😤)

More rain, gales and thunderstorms today…
    @funshipfreddie That’s hilarious – a trout pout!! You won’t be able to get out from under the bed clothes to go and buy you and Boo-boo a heater if it’s ⛄️ snowing ❄️…
    @stitchincarol Those cowboy place names bring back a whole lot of memories. We travelled across America in a big black and chrome Chevy station wagon with great big wings in the 60s when I was little. My twin brother and I slept in the back of the car and mum and dad pitched a tent. I’m sure you must have worked off at least one cocktail in the garden!
    @daffodil2010 and @jaifaim I haven’t seen the Wham doco – it sounds great fun. We had the 2018 Vivienne Westwood doco on here last night which I loved. I listened to Malcolm McLaren talking for 4 hours at an arts festival some years ago so it was fascinating hearing the other side of the coin. Her star kept rising and his faded…
    @jaifaim Take care of yourself and don’t overdo it. I have a feeling you look after everyone else ahead of yourself.💕
    @penz Glad to hear you’re feeling smug!

Onward and Downward or at least side ways rather than up…
    RESOLVE everyone!

Day 12, NFD, Aus

Feeling a lot more in control today for some reason. Partly, I think, because OH also needs to lose weight and is feeling committed. When we’re both on the same journey it makes it much easier. (He does keto – works for him; and I stick with 5:2.) There’s a ball we want to go to in November and at the moment, NOTHING fits, even though I have quite a collection of ball gowns hanging up waiting to be worn.

Also, just had my over 50 medical, and apparently I have a very low risk of heart conditions and excellent cholesterol; so some where along the line I’m doing some things right.

I saw reference to the Wham show but based on your recommendations I will now add that to the “to be watched” list. Thank you all!

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD keto

Nudging slowly down the scale, yesterday was a CD but I felt so hungry even after dinner, very strange, I was craving something sweet, but I didn’t have anything sweet in the house so that was a win!

Today is an FD, the usual ZBC and then tuna salad for lunch and chicken for dinner.

DH went to give blood yesterday, but his haemoglobin level was 18 so they could not accept him. Too high 😳 Told him to cut back on the red meat. He does naturally have a very high iron level, almost but not quite haemachromatosis, BUT for the past three months he has been taking a collagen supplement, made from bovine peptides 🐄, maybe that’s what’s caused the sudden increase? So lots of chicken and fish back on the menu. I don’t eat steak so no big deal for me, but he is at least once a week. Anyhoo, things that come out from random tests eh?

@jaufaim, I agree, re Wham, they had a wonderful friendship and Andrew came across as a genuinely sound guy. I know he married Keren from Bananarama, but I would love to know more about he got on. Anyway, it brought back some great memories of that time 😊

Have a great Wednesday all, nearly half way through JJJ

Pocket list day 12
    @daffodil2010

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@merryapple – no snow for us, fortunately! We’re a long way from Jo’burg. There is some to the north of the Eastern Cape, but I’m in the southern part. Many South Africans have never seen snow, & will drive for miles just to get a glimpse of it. I lived in Canada for a couple of years when I was very young, & saw enough of it to last several lifetimes 😅.

@daffodil2010 – thoroughly enjoying the Wham! documentary. It made me feel so nostalgic. I put it on a little late though, & didn’t realize it was an hour & a half long, so I’ll watch the rest of it tonight.

Gotta dash 🕺

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Yay! Lowest weight of July so far. Well, I would be shocked if I told myself this would be my low weight last year, as it well exceeds what used to be my high-weight range… but, little victories! This is 11 lbs higher than my low in March 2022, so possibilities are in reach. Unfortunately, this is my last FD of the week. Next one will likely be Sunday. Lots of business-related lunches and my nephew is celebrating his birthday on Saturday — so not likely to dip lower this go-round.

I have a way to go, but got to stay away from 225 and hug the 220 line first. When I do that, then I’ll back away from the 220s and keep walking backwards to the 200s. Adding more OMAD NFDs seem to help. I may even start swapping out a WFD with a FD500 (probably just lettuce and cucumbers for summer). Although I set a goal of 215 this month, I did put down a soft goal of 217, and my weight was 218.2 this morning, so… I think this slow trend upwards since March this year should have peaked.

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I crept down a bit as a result of yesterday’s effort, but I’m realizing this new weight is no longer water/bulk weight but is actually gain. I will NOT accept this weight, so my determination has increased and stood me in good stead yesterday.

DH and I were woken up at 6am by a downpour. Flashes of lightning and strong wind told us it was severe (the news just said the winds were 78mph), and it turns out that lots of people are without electricity; we’re thankful to have ours. But the sticks and branches will take us an hour to clean up–and that’s after making the yard so lovely on Monday. It does sometimes seem like a losing battle, you know? 😂 Well, at least I don’t have to water this morning!🤷🏻‍♀️

@merryapple What a wonderful adventure that was to drive across the country and sleep in a tent each night! That was well before our interstate freeways, so your parents needed actual maps to accomplish the trip, LOL!

@penz How lovely to have your DH on board with you; that does indeed make it far easier. And to have a ball to look forward is even better!

@daffodil2010 Wow. I was a blood drive coordinator for well over ten years (until Tuesday piano lessons got in the way of the blood drive) and don’t recall anyone ever being deferred for too MUCH iron–that’s very unusual! And well done for not having anything sweet in the house to satisfy last night’s sweet tooth; there’s more than one way to succeed, LOL!

@funshipfreddie Hmm…do I detect a lack of love of snow????? 🤪😂😂😂

@northgeorgia I love hearing reports of your successes; I look forward to more!

Well, I had plenty of things on my list today, but that list is suddenly longer given all the sticks and branches (three branches are light enough for me to easily pick up, but are longer than 10′) DH and I will need to pick up. I’m thankful for his little pickup so we have an easy way to take them to the village branches dump (which get run through the chipper and is where we get free mulch…a win-win). So I’d best get moving!

And lovely but astonishing to see: bright sunshine!

USA. Day 12. FD

Pocket list day 12
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco

Joining you, @daffodil2010, on today’s pocket list!

Currently, I am trying to work out a new diet plan for the summer, using all fresh veggies summer grown, plus sautéing my veggies in olive oil. Boy, olive oil has a lot of calories, so this requires careful measuring! LOL. Anyway, I will let you know how this goes.

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD was great – they have become quite easy to tolerate over the years. Lost 2.2 lbs but expect that was just a temporary loss. But at least it was a loss.

I adore our international group. Reading of snow in S.A. by @friendshipfreddie and cold in the southern hemisphere while we in the north are happy in our summer. Rain today after several beautiful sunny days, so we are heading to an afternoon movie. For me that means buttered popcorn for lunch/supper.

Checking in and hoping for you all to be –

Onward and downward.

Day 13, FD, Aus

Grey foggy clammy morning here. Urgh.

But! I’m actually excited it’s a FD today. How’s that! Feeling stronger and pulling you along with me @northgeorgia and @stitchincarol.

Day 13/18 to go NZ FD

Lovely to read lots of great posts this morning!
    My wee white woolly toad was up at 3am this morning desperate to go outside… He has one more prednisone 1/2 pill then he’s finished the course. Fingers crossed it is a steroid induced behaviour not the dreaded doggy dementia and we can all get back to sleeping through the night😴😴

Pocket List
    @penz
    @merry🍎

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD B2B

I have to go to Dublin today to see my GP re my recent scans, so drive to work for a few hours, then drive an hour to the city, and another hour back to work……and work for the afternoon…..so with all that to-ing and fro-ing I might as well make this another FD! And in case there is a request for bloods at least I can do the fasting ones 👍

@funshipfreddie, we did the same with the Wham documentary and had to finish it Monday, but it’s so good. Yes nostalgic is the word. One of the many sounds of my youth ☺️

@merryapple I have my fingers crossed too for your little Westie

@ccco I love olive oil! I actually use it liberally now as its a good fat and I swear it has helped keep my joints more supple over the years. Your sauté veggies sound lovely.

Have a good Thursday all us fasters. Xxxxx

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz – good to hear you’ve got your mojo back! Excited for a FD – that NEVER happens to me. I just grit my teeth & get on with it 😬

@stitchincarol – I love snow! Well, snow scenes, in pictures & Christmas cards 😅

@daffodil2010 – I hope all goes well for your appointment. I finished the Wham! documentary – excellent! I love the song ‘Careless Whisper’, & always assumed it was George’s first solo track. I was surprised to hear it was on a Wham! album & co-written with Andrew Ridgeley.

It’s a lovely sunny winter’s day here, perfect walking weather & planning on getting close to yesterday’s 13,500 steps 💪

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Didn’t eat a whole meal last night, but lunch was pretty heavy. Will try my no lunch OMAD at supper strategy again next week. Off to my meeting this morning where both breakfast and lunch will be provided…

USA. Day 13. FD

My FD yesterday didn’t go well and I put back on some weight, although I think I ate way too much salt and that may be the problem!! :(. Anyway, I am right back on the pocket list today.

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddiej
    @ccco

I haven’t done any real exercise except walking and playing golf since the beginning of Covid. I am not back on the horse! 🙂

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 158.8

Despite yesterday being an NFD–and the day included two beers when we went out for Guatemalan food–I’m down a bit from yesterday morning. Dare I think that I’m starting to get a handle on “reasonable” eating? And, because two families moved lessons to today, I’m able to do a WF today, and am so looking forward to it and to the results!

@ccco Is there a reason you’re not interested in steaming any of those veggies so that the calories in olive oil isn’t quite such a challenge?

@songbirdme It’s so lovely to have you here regularly again, and you’re right that a loss is still encouraging even when it’s just water weight. Plus, in the end and as you well know, you’re still making progress even if it is “just” water weight.

@penz I actually read your post when DH and I were out to dinner (it was a very casual affair and we were checking texts and sharing information about them, LOL) and was so touched at your encouragement. Thankfully, I’d already shown restraint in my food choices by ordering a single large burrito that DH and I shared, so I didn’t have to quickly rethink anything, LOL!

@merryapple Yeah, getting up in the middle of the night is hard at any age, but particularly tough when you think you’re long past such shenanigans, LOL!

@daffodil2010 Sounds like a fun day, and I hope you get good news from your GP!

@funshipfreddie Wow, 13,500 steps yesterday and goal to match that today? VERY impressive. It’s been interesting to me to read your discussion with @penz and @daffodil2010 about Wham, as I had no idea what/who you were talking about. So I just googled them, chose a Youtube video to listen to (lovely, but totally unfamiliar) and realized that by the mid-80s I was listening only to NPR, which means jazz and classical, so no wonder I was clueless.

@northgeorgia When there’s a meal provided, and I’m feeling compelled to take full advantage of it, I’ve developed a trick where I look at the people heavier than I want to be and compare what’s on their plates compared to the people as thin as I’d like to be. It doesn’t always work to guide my choices to restraint, but sometimes it’s effective!

@ccco Too much salt can wreak havoc with weight the next day, you are entirely right!

I actually got to the gym yesterday; it was 8:15 in the evening when I went, but it was Wednesday, so I felt quite virtuous not to have postponed it to Thursday–especially since I really don’t have time today. So after I go tomorrow, that will be four weeks of going three times a week. 😇💪 I can’t say it feels like a habit yet, and I can’t say I am thrilled to be there, but I know it’s good for me, and the routine of walking there (1000 steps) and walking back (1000 steps) and doing the work while there (around 250 steps) isn’t terribly onerous. It’s tougher in the winter when there’s ice and snow, so walking doesn’t feel like a great choice. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Oh well, I have five+ months before I need to worry about winter weather.

Okay, I’d best get moving on this day, Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 12 – NFD
    Day 13 – Ireland – CD 🚫

Hi everyone! Hope you are all well.
    I’m not getting to read posts but checking in to keep the focus.
    Will be back on in the morning and will have caught up.
    I need a good FD this week 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 14 / 17 to go NFD 86.8kg NZ

I have just lost my big post. Grrr! I copied it but it won’t accept it so I’ll give it another go by switching things around.
    Today is Matariki, the holiday for the Māori New Year, determined when the cluster of Matariki stars, Southern Cross included, appear over the horizon in the night sky. It’s time to plant out the spring vegetable garden gather family together and remember those who have passed.
    Thank you@Daffodil2010 and yes🤞. I hope all will be well with your upcoming test results.
    @funshipfreddie I hope you enjoyed your sunny winter walk despite no snow, no snow bunnies or snow angels.
    @cocco Your homegrown vegetables sound delicious. I like to steam vegetables like @stitchincarol then add an olive oil dressing of some kind to make a warm salad. Alternatively I might do a Chinese style fast stirfry with rape seed oil, ginger, garlic, Chinese wine, oyster sauce etc and finished with a splash of sesame oil. If I had a barbecue I could do charred vegetables but thinking about it I could use the grill.
    @penz Good to hear you and DH are getting into the swing of things. Same goes for @northgeorgia. You’re a star sticking with the programme and working out what works for you and this WOL.
    @stitchincarol You make me laugh using others as a deterrent but I do agree it can be a lesson for motivation a bit like reading Grimms fairytales..,
    @jaifaim Take care and we’ll hear from you soon🌸
    And thinking of @lilymartin, @maui, @metatauta, @yo-yo Fletch, @dingping, @at and any others who might be near.
    I see a new name on the sheet @tezinha. A big welcome if you decide to join in!

Kia Kaha (Stay Strong!)

This is it with no editing. I can’t afford to lose this down the cyber toilet again…

Day 14, NFD, Aus

PFDS!!!

“Wee white woolly toad”, oh I laughed @merryapple. I knew instantly who you were referring to. I also help it’s just a reaction to the steroids and nothing more sinister.

Yay you @stitchincarol! You don’t know who Wham is?!?!?!?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Pretty busy day with a trip to our architect to finalize house plans and SOOO many choices of colors, fixtures, fittings, etc. for our new house. Some crazy idea to build a new house at our age and stage of life, but we are doing that. Finally will get one floor for main floor bedroom & laundry. DH is tired of seeing me haul laundry and so much else up and down stairs. I am even trying to find room maybe in the garage for our deep freeze. But still have so much to go through in this house, donate, pitch, and all.

Had to eat lunch fast food today, but ham & cheese sandwich wasn’t too bad. It is hard now that DH is really not worried about losing weight and indeed trying to add muscle weight.

@daffodil2010 -hugs and prayers for you

@merryapple – your Matariki holiday sounds just delightful. Often people here plant their ‘underground’ veggies like roots and potatoes on Good Friday. I wonder if your spring veggies would be the same?

@stitchincarol – thanks for your kind remarks. I need to make some priorities with my ‘spare’ time – I have missed doing my best to keep up with you all.

@funshipfreddie and I do ‘see’ each other on WWF.

I still do daily Wordle but it really doesn’t take up too much time. Trivia Crack has taught me odds and ends trivia.

Onward and downward.

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

My FD yesterday was good…..until we got home with Chinese takeout for dinner 😱
    I was soooooo tired from all the driving and having to catch up with work, and I have been craving a Chinese for months now……so that was it. Scales ok today.

Great news on the medical front, everything showing normal and healthy, just one little med thing needs tweaking, but all super fine. I was delighted ☺️ Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Ohhhhh @stitchincarol, how I laughed, never hearing or knowing about Wham 😆….they were so huge in the 80’s, but everbody has their own tastes and memories of that time. For me, I wouldn’t know one jazz artist from the next so isn’t this world a huge mix of different strokes for different folks ☺️

We are going to one of the All Ireland semi-final matches tomorrow, it’s a corporate affair so lunch and drinks provided, looking forward to it as my team is in it and want to shout them on from the stands.

Have a great weekend xx

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.4 kg

@stitchincarol – I got my numbers the wrong way around yesterday; Wednesday I clocked up 15,300 steps! Yesterday I slacked off a bit & only managed 13,000 😅 I wonder which Wham! song you listened to? There were a couple of stinkers, e.g. ‘Bad Boys’. But ‘Careless Whisper’ has been voted the UK’s favourite song ever for 5 years in a row (it sold 2 million copies in the US alone) & still reaches around 400,000 views daily on YouTube.

@songbirdme – I’m still doing Wordle daily too! I guess we both just love word games. I’m still having problems with that dodgy WWF app, but I’m sure they’ll sort it out eventually. One of my UK opponents has to ‘nudge’ me every day, otherwise I just can’t see our game.

@daffodil2010 – that’s great news! But – blowing your FD at dinnertime? And with a takeaway?! I’d kick myself around the block for that. My worst time is lunchtime, so once I’ve gotten past about 2 pm I feel like I’m over the worst, & it’s all downhill til dinnertime. I don’t think I’ve ever craved Chinese food though? But as you said, ‘different strokes..’ 😅

Another sunny day here. Still cold at 13 C, but it’s supposed to reach 22 later, so I’m off out for brunch 🍳

Happy Fri-yay everyone 🍹

Day 14-No. VA USA-FD 800

Checking in for accountability. Weight is stalled somewhat but still the lowest it has been in two years, so maybe will have a chance of getting my goal of 2# off by end of the month.
    @daffodil2010, great medical news for you! I am devoted to egg rolls from our Chinese takeout restaurant; maybe get one small dinner every few months. I could eat 3 or 4 if I could get away with it, but only one comes with the dinner, fortunately.

@funshipfreddie, I do Wordle every day. Some days I am so smart and some days, failure. I find the comments the Wordle evaluator makes somewhat snarky, but I read the evaluation of my performance every day anyway.

@merryapple: we have four dogs, two are 11 and 12 and two are 7. So far, not too much “senility” behavior, but we have had older dogs in the past that went haywire at night, at times. 15 is quite old for a dog! And steroids certainly do have so many odd side effects!
    Good weekend, everyone!

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Yeah, it will be a little trickier this week than thought previously. Probably Saturday will be a day out for a big birthday lunch for my nephew; Either Sunday (as it looks now) or Monday will be the FD. I just got to be better on NFDs, unlike yesterday. I didn’t need much of a dinner, but I decided the “soup” needed finishing off as well as the milk…then my mom offered a bite of cake …nooo, which just led to more cravings!

But the good thing is my mom is thinking about small steps to take to lose weight and mainly decrease inflammation. She didn’t have a good fasting experience with me a few years back, so I’ll have to find a sneakier way in. She decreasing her consumption of diet soft drinks and drinking more water. I’m encouraging her to also look at decreasing sugar and stop snacking — only eat at meal times. Unbeknownst to me, she had tried 2MAD for a few weeks and lost 7 lbs! But unfortunately, the drugs she was prescribed for her afib made her put weight back on (she said she wants to talk to the doctor about it). Still, this makes me feel encouraged. My brother (who must be skinny fat….does not look overweight, but seems to have some heart-based issues) also talked about the need to begin fasting and eating healthier. Maybe things will begin to look brighter!

Day 14 – Ireland – CD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Happy Friday everybody!
    I have been a little distracted and preoccupied this week as am with mum so working from home and not in my own home so trying to keep up with everything at the same time.
    Fasting, exercising and posting are the balls that have been dropped. All is ok here… mum still at home and so well looked after by her carers 😇 💕

Tonight I am out with some French friends visiting as it is Le quatorze juillet. ♥️🇫🇷 Bastille Day 🇫🇷♥️

On losing posts: I use the notes app in my phone to pop down my thoughts and then copy and paste to the forum. This way if there is an issue or the post is lost in the ether, I can just paste again. The drawback with this method is my phone autocorrects weirdly from time to time as I have both English and French dictionaries set up… and sometimes my fingers are just clumsy 🫢. Thank you @merryapple for the kind thoughts 💕 I hope that Mr Mackintosh is doing ok? And that you are getting good sleep? Happy Matariki – if that is something you say? What a lovely way to remember those who have passed. 💕

@penz and @daffodil2010 bravo to you both on the excellent health reports! What great news!!! @daffodil2010 did your doc have any insights on the recent headaches you were suffering from?
    On the subject of donating blood, I can’t donate as I have haemochromatosis (one of my AICs) so any blood that is taken is not re-used which does seem crazy as it is loaded with iron… but not in Ireland where this condition is very common the blood is not used @stitchincarol. The side effects are similar to anemia which is also interesting and bizarre…
    Mix that with another auto immune condition, menopause, grief and intolerances and it makes for a complex visit to the doctor each time 🤣 You just have to be in tune with your own body…and we all know .. diet and exercise are key!!!! 🤩

@stitchincarol I love that you “ will not accept this weight “ . Damn right… we can change this 🤩 well done on the gym trip too 👍

@ccco your vegetables sounds delicious and I love olive oil too!

@funshipfreddie I loved careless whisper! But my favourite is “I’m your man”… always gets me moving… but love them all to be fair… even the early ones .. I quite like Wham Rap.

Your new house sounds just perfect @songbirdme but can’t imagine how much clearing you will have to do before the move… will it be all one level?
    Funny! Was just chatting yesterday about Wordle and I’ve fallen out of the habit… I must get back into it and not worry about streaks ..

Off now for a very wet and windy walk….
    Have a lovely Friday everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 156.0

Yeah, I’ve accepted that I’ve actually gained this weight, and it’s not water/bulk weight if, after a WF, I’m only down to 156. But I’m pretty motivated right now to get myself back down, so I’m feeling good about the days and results ahead.

@merryapple You know how I’ve mentioned I click the little box to get the posts emailed to me? I got both your posts by email, but only see one here. SOOO weird!

@penz Yup, don’t know Wham. Or is it, Nope, don’t know Wham. Makes me an odd person, I’m thinking, LOL!

@songbirdme Twenty-seven years ago, we’d bought a lovely old house and remodeled the kitchen and I know from that experience how daunting all the choices can be–and that was only the kitchen! I hope you find it fun to make the choices…I’m sure you’re not finding it fun to sort through all your stuff!

@daffodil2010 You too are astonished, eh? 🤪🤷🏻‍♀️😂 I’m glad to hear your good news from your GP; have fun at the All-Ireland match tomorrow!

@funshipfreddie Fascinating. I am completely familiar with the sax part of “Careless Whisper,” but the song part doesn’t really ring any bells. But I can certainly understand why it’s so popular, because it’s lovely. And those are totally impressive steps you’re racking up!

@northgeorgia That’s excellent news that both your mom and your brother are contemplating a healthier approach to eating!

@jaifaim Fascinating about your blood and not being able to give blood! Do you go home this weekend, or are you staying longer with your mom?

My sister and brother-in-law get back from South Dakota tomorrow night, so I’m deep in meal planning, recipe-finding, and grocery shopping. I’ve also started planning where DH and I will go and stay on our little mini-vacation before the convention, so my brain is feeling a bit over-worked, LOL! It’s all lovely and fun stuff, however, so it’s easy to be excited by all the planning.

I’ll get to the gym sometime today, and that will complete my fourth week of going 3x each week…I think it will take about 6 months before I can see physical changes from the weights, but I’m feeling good about the commitment that came out of nowhere and started with zero fanfare, LOL!

Day 15 / 16 to go NZ NFD 86.9kg

Macintosh and I actually managed a bike ride to the dog park (10k round trip) y’day. We had just got home and the heavens opened. We are so over this stormy weather continually hitting the top of the North Island from the Sou’ West. The mid/bottom of the North Island and South Island are having beautiful winter weather.
    @excelsior12309 Go you! 2lbs I take it rather than kg in 16 days!😅 How wonderful, four doggies! Mr Mac slept in to 7.30 this morning, a big improvement! His sensory input is down (eyesight and hearing) but boy does his nose work! He sits in front of me in a seat on the bike and I can see his nose wiggling, drafting in the aromas. At the dog park he can smell who has treats in their pocket at a hundred paces. Somehow he is a perfect weight. I wish I could say the same for his owner but my BMI (28.3) does say I’m overweight not obese now!
    @songbirdme and @jaifaim Pohutakawa is the Matariki star mother and she and her husband have 7 children making up the star cluster. She is associated with wellbeing, reflection and connects us to the environment. She takes care of departed spirits from the underworld until they become stars in the sky that we can look up to and remember.
    @songbirdme The northern hemisphere Good Friday at the beginning of April (spring = March, April, May) equates to October (Spring months = September, October, November) here in the southern hemisphere. So Good Friday planting is post winter. What fun designing your house to suit.
    @northgeorgia It’s fantastic that your family is starting to think about healthy eating.
    @stitchincarol I would love to come and sit at your dining table. It sounds so much fun piled up with lovely food! Remember that muscle weighs 2 1/2x more than fat so you might be building up your biceps whole your weight stays the same😃 Maybe some measurements might help out.
    @daffodil2010 Wonderful to hear your test results were normal.
    @jaifaim Thanks for your advice with notes. I’m using it now. Well done on fine tuning your health and weight. I do admire your mojo. Have fun for Bastille Day! I always think of the Marquis de Sade and the guillotine when I hear that name.
    Well that’s a wrap. Tomorrow is the beginning of the second half of the month…

Kia Kaha (Stay Strong)

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@excelsior12309 – big thumbs down for today’s Wordle! I had three letters in the correct spots after my 2nd attempt – & I still got it wrong 😠 I’ve never read any comments from an evaluator though; I didn’t know there were any? Until about 3 weeks ago I had a 97 day streak, & then… kaput!

@jaifaim – I loved ‘Club Tropicana’. That always got people on their feet, & it reminds me of idyllic summer holidays, without a care in the world. No thoughts of calories or carbs or what I should/shouldn’t eat. Where did the last 4 decades go?!

@stitchincarol – it’s not ‘Wham’, it’s ‘Wham!’ That exclamation mark is essential! 😂

Dr Mosley’s weekly column in the UK Mail:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12300771/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-Dont-let-voice-age-practise-singing-shower.html

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Day 15 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hello!
    I made some good choices yesterday so am happy with that..
    @stitchincarol I’ll stay with mum until Tuesday as our nighttime carer is away.
    Well done on keeping on track with your gym visits I must apply myself to some strenght home workouts… I’ve fallen behind on my planks and squats… see how easy it is to break habits … 🤔

@excelsior12309 bravo to you!!!! Lowest in two years ✔️ I’m trying to get back to goal but it’s the last few lbs that are the hardest so huge respect 🌟 and you will get there for sure!

@northgeorgia that’s great news regarding your mum and brother.

@merryapple awww poor old Mr Mac… but what a lucky dog he is with bike rides and all 💕 what’s magical place New Zealand is… I had a quick look online and see that that date for the public holiday changes from year to year based on the lunar period of Pipiri… soo very interesting!
    The things we learn on this forum ♥️

Have a great day everybody!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 157.8

Lots of salt yesterday, and little control and restraint. While I LOVE a WF, and can do it nearly effortlessly, I struggle on the following day and nearly always end up losing control; I’m coming to the conclusion that I have to give them up as pointless if I can’t figure out a way to actually control the subsequent day.

@merryapple That’s sweet of you to point out that muscle weighs more than fat, and I should take some measurements…my clothes don’t fit loosely enough to hold out any hope that I’m losing inches, unfortunately…but eventually, I’m sure. And you’re welcome at my dinner table any time you’re in this area of Nebraska!

Oh, @funshipfreddie, my most profound apologies! From now on, “Wham!” it shall be! 👍

@jaifaim Have a lovely few more days with your mum!

Well, coffee is about brewed, and then I’m off to the grocery store to get mussels for tonight and “Iowa Chops” (very thick pork chops) for tomorrow, plus a few other things. The most fun thing (is this completely wrong to share on a 5:2 forum??) is that tomorrow night’s dessert is a fresh blueberry pie, tweaked according to eldest DS’s request when he turned 27 or 28: blueberries, plus fresh ginger, plus lime juice and zest. The approach is to cook a cup of blueberries plus about the same amount of water plus some some sugar and a bit of cornstarch (or whatever you want to thicken it) until the blueberries are all popped and it’s all a goopy, thickened mess, then stir in a bunch more fresh/raw blueberries (and the ginger and lime juice/zest) and pour it into whatever type of pie crust you want and refrigerate it. That’s truly as much recipe as is strictly needed, and the addition of ginger and lime is brilliant. And, thankfully, there will be six of us eating that pie, so I won’t be tempted by tons of leftovers on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday, LOL!

Have a grand one, everyone.

Second post

DH just got home from Bible study and I finally thought to ask, “Have you ever heard of Wham!?” (NB, @funshipfreddie, that I’m a woman of my word and included that exclamation mark, even though it looks truly odd.) He frowned and thought. “The singing group, you mean?”

So only one person in this Nebraska household is clueless, LOL!!!

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD/ZBC

Weigh-in: 220.0 lbs Nice post-NFD weigh-in, to be down over a pound! We originally planned to have a meal out for my nephew today, but not sure if that will happen today, tomorrow, or next weekend. So tomorrow could be a FD, or it could be on Monday.

Day 16 / 15 to go NZ NFD 86.6kg

@stitchincarol And you’re very welcome here if you make it to the South Pacific! That pie sounds so delicious and summery. I have an abundance of lemons at the moment and am thinking lemon curd vs lemon meringue pie???
    In your defence regarding Wham! (I was in the USA in the early/mid 80s) and the only singer who cut through into the US market was Boy George who was picked up as a rather odd fashionista. Witness Madonna’s first video and outfits. When George Michael sang a duet with Aretha Franklin people started to take notice. And then there was the toilet incident in LA… I haven’t watched the doco yet so these are completely anecdotal observations! On the West Coast RAP was taking off along with Prince and Sheila E; Rick James and Chaka Khan were huge and there were all the Oakland Blues’ clubs. I must stop reminiscing with myself and get going!

39 : 17 Black Ferns vs Eagles
    NZ vs USA (women)

35 : 20 All Blacks vs Springboks
    NZ vs South Africa (men)

That’s a wrap for weekend sport! There are, of course, Wimbledon results coming up as well. The truely big sporting question here is can I make it to 85.9kg by the end of the month…??!

Have a great one everyone! And if you haven’t posted for a while, drop in and say Hi! We’re always here in support especially if you need to nip a gain in the bud or do a u-turn and turn an uphill into a downhill!

Kia Kaha!

Day 15 – USA – FD

Hello, all! I’m catching up on your posts daily, but have not posted myself in a few days. I have been making progress but not by counting macros this time. Eating low carb, high good fats, and moderate protein daily. I started intermittent fasting again since I rejoined the site. I’m recording (to myself) daily how many hours I was able to fast before my first meal of the day. The highest I went was 21.5 hours, and I was not even ravenous. Since the inception of my little program, I have lost almost 6 lbs., and a few inches as well. I feel much better. Not sure how to post that on the spreadsheet; any suggestions?

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@metatauta – 6 lb – well done! 🥇 You can do whatever you like on the spreadsheet. It’s really just for your own reference & motivation. Have a look at what others are doing. You can enter your weight at the start & end of the month. I just record my weight after a FD, so I can look back & check if I’m maintaining successfully.

@merryapple – Wham! were very successful in the USA. They played to over 302,000 fans during their Whamamerica! tour (aka Make it Big Tour ’85) their ‘Make it Big’ album reached # 1 & sold 6 million copies in America alone. And even Mr @stitchincarol has heard of them! 😂
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whamamerica! All Blacks v Springboks – thanks for reminding me 🤦‍♂️

It’s official. Again. Aspartame is safe. Just try not to exceed 14 cans per day 🤪
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12299515/Outrage-unnecessary-fears-sparked-WHOs-aspartame-cancer-ruling.html

JJJ🔔 part 2! Anyone else up for a S🌞nday FD…?

Pocket List – Day 16 🥕
    @funshipfreddie

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to church shortly. I cannot say Wham! was a fave of mine (not really for my generation) but did enjoy some of their songs. But yes, I have heard of them like @stitchincarol and her DH.

@funshipfreddie – thank you for the report on aspartame! I confess despite the poor reports about it, I still use it in my coffee as it is the only non-sugar sweetener that I can enjoy. The others all give me an aftertaste.

@metatauta – so great to see you back and hear of your success!

@merryapple – sounds like NZ is taking the trophy in rugby! Congrats!

Onward and downward.

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hi all, an active day today here as we try clear some old bits and bobs from mum’s house and subtly as any change to routine can throw her a little…
    We still haven’t worked though a lot of dad’s things but we must do that sometime soon.

@metatauta well done to you! That is great progress! 🌟

Hope you are all well today and let’s pull together for the
    last two weeks of the month 👍🌟👍 I really really want to get back to goal by July 31… I can do this ✔️

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD(??)

Weigh-in: 223.0 lbs. Pretty good maintaining all weekend! Probably a FD today, unless someone comes up with another celebratory meal out of the blue. Not expecting that, though 🙂

I’m a pound lighter than last Sunday, so I’m off to a good start. Lowest Sunday weigh-in in the past few years was 214 back in March/May/June 2022 and this year in March 2023, so I aspire to return to that. As for lowest Sunday weigh-ins for me in 2023: 220 was the lowest in June; 219 in February; 217 in January/April/May; 223 this month. I don’t ever fast on Saturdays, and extremely rarely on Fridays, so Sunday is a good “cumulative” yardstick of how I’m starting the week out. Getting Sunday back around 215 would be great. If I can eventually push Sunday under the 210 threshold, some really interesting things should start happening!

The trend has been in the wrong direction this spring/summer.

Times I hit under 210 since 2022 –> 8 Since 2023 –> 0 Since April –> 0
    Times I hit 210-214 since 2022 –> 192 Since 2023 –> 13 Since April –> 2
    Times I hit 215-219 since 2022 –> 279 Since 2022 –> 115 Since April –> 57
    Times I hit 220+ since 2022 –> 67 Since 2023 –> 62 Since April –> 45

But all is not lost… I do believe I am at this horrible peak and will begin trending downwards the rest of the month. I will just have to control the NFDs that are not social functions 🙂

Pocket List – Day 16 🥕
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 16 WFD

I am joining the pocket list today with a WFD. In this heat and humidity, I can’t really tell whether I am gaining or losing weight because the weather causes fluid retention. Ugh!

Pocket List – Day 16 🥕
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

@northgeorgia, even if you don’t think your trending has been great, you still seem to have lost a significant amount of weight overall. I congratulate that for sure, also the pound you just lost!

FUNSHIPFREDDIE, I am glad re the aspartame! I cannot live on water alone!!! LOL

Day 16 USA/Hawai’i
    DH quietly passed away last Monday. Right now there’s no room for sadness as I am so full of gratitude for having over 56 years together and for all the wonderful caregivers that have helped us these past months. I know the sad moments will hit but there will be bright days too.

The rest of July is going to be busy with adjustments as the house return to pre- illness status. Medical equipment leaving … furniture returning that had to go in the garage. It feels good to remember the happier times when DH enjoyed his home. That was the majority of our 56 years together and is my focus. I am thankful he no longer has to struggle and keep pushing so hard. I hope to be back in August and try to get a solid routine going with FD’s and all that his WOL has to offer.
    Thanks to everyone here for the support.

Day 17 / 14 to go FD NZ 86.2kg

Dear@Maui I am deeply saddened to hear that your DH has slipped away. My heart goes out to your family. It’s such a time of mixed emotions – on the one hand he is mercifully released but on the other his passing will leave such a hole in your hearts. We look forward to having you back here in August or whenever you feel ready to join in. Sending much love to you.

@metatauta Good on you! If you want to enter your daily weight please do. As @funshipfreddie says it’s your record. I enter my weight weekly on Monday mornings.
    @jaifaim It’s so hard to jettison family ‘stuff’. I think up to the age of 50 I was keen to accumulate anything and everything thing then I realised that I would have to deal with it when I moved😬
    @excelsior12309, @ccco, @stitchincarol, @northgeorgia, @daffodil2010, @penz, @songbirdme and everyone else Let’s turbocharge these next two weeks and cross the line faster, lighter and 💪 with less as @jaifaim says jingly jangly bits!

Pocket List
    Merry🍎

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 288 total)

You must be logged in to reply.