January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

This topic contains 1,551 replies, has 125 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,558 total)

• Day 3 North Wales NFD
    Looking forward to my fast day tomorrow 💪

Day 3 McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    My FD went well yesterday, it turned into a LF. Late afternoon was the hardest but a cup of tea and some sparkling water got me through and by dinner time my hunger was gone. I kept myself busy with putting all the Christmas decorations away which really helped.
    This morning first thing I wrote down what I planned to eat for the day and counted up my calories to make sure I was happy with them. Now I have a plan to follow for a CD of eating. 😀

@joblot44 – Good job on the salad sandwich!!
    @mjrbcd44 – Sorry to hear about your gallbladder :-/

Day 4 – NFD – Mornington Peninsula Australia

Had a great FD yesterday. Just on 500 and dropped another 2kg in the process. Celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary today by going out for lunch to one of the local wineries. Will not be drinking any alcohol though, I’ll leave that for my hubby.

Have a great day everyone!

Watching “Trust Me, I’m a Doctor” on BBC2. Think I need to re-think my consumption of fizzy water and diet drinks. Apparently the carbon dioxide adds to the feeling of hunger!

Day 3 – UK – NFD/CD

Yesterday ended up being a good FD with a total of 419cals and today has been a very CD, with a total of just over 1000cals consumed. Drinking plenty of water and @goldensun also staying low carb at the moment not by design but purely by what I fancied to eat over the last 2 days………

Today is also Day 3 of being alcohol free and completing my daily plank challenge!

@daffodil2010 – Enjoy your trip to Peru and you are most welcomed to the Plank Challenge – one of the main reasons I started it again is because I’m also away from 14/1 for 3 weeks from my usual yoga/pilates/aerobic classes and it is something I can easily do on my own – Elbow planks are definitely harder as your centre of gravity is lower than a high plank – Let us promise each other that we shall do it daily no matter what ☺️
    @michelinme – Very helpful post with some great advice ☺️
    @oh-no-nearly-5-0 – During the winter months I find drinking hot water very helpful in filling me up and keeping me warm too!
    @ultramel – As your weight is low anyway, I’m assuming that you are trying fasting for the longer term health benefits – you might consider ensuring that you follow a Mediterranean style diet with a higher protein and lower carbohydrate content so that you don’t get the postprandial hypoglycaemia you seem to be experiencing. You might find the following links useful, certainly interesting reading:-
    https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthy-eating/reactive-hypoglycemia
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0735109707034444
    @rachyboo44 – Welcome back to the 5:2 WOL – signing in daily here is great accountability and provides great support
    @shinything – I post from my laptop and I find emojis under the edit button at the top of my screen (I have a MacBook Air
    @borealis – Impressive willpower in managing to follow the no sugar on weekdays rule for six weeks before Christmas – you just proved to yourself that you can do whatever you set out to achieve 👍
    @jr_co @fastflissb – Welcome to the challenge and to this WOL – you have taken the first step to a healthier, lighter and happier you x
    @ardell – Welcome – I would advise calculating your TDEE for the weight you aspire to be and not your current weight!!!! This works two-fold in that a)you lose weight quicker and b)you get used to eating the portions/calories you can eat at your target weight……
    @coda – Loved your caveman analogy!!
    @mjrbcd44 – Good to know what the problem is and that it can be easily sorted – hope your surgery can be done laparoscopically as it has a quicker recovery time 🤗 I have not come across a link between short term fasting and gall stones before, none of the long term fasters I’m in touch with have brought this up as an issue????? – There is a known link with sudden massive weight loss or prolonged fasting!
    @chickensrock – Happy 26th Wedding Anniversary – great will power on abstaining alcohol whilst having lunch at a winery 😇

For those new to this WOL – Some useful advice as others have mentioned – it is so easy to underestimate how many calories are in what we eat – therefore it is important that we educate ourselves, as most of us were surprised by how much we were underestimating how many calories were in the portions we were consuming when we started out on this WOL…….

January Plank Challenge – we are a small but motivated group – anyone else interested in joining??
    @debster251
    @lilymartin
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @jr_co

MM programme tonight “Trust me, I’m a Doctor” was interesting as was the Tom Kerridge programmes that preceded it – Does carbonated water make you put on weight by making you feel hungry and therefore you end up eating more…………The answer is YES as it causes an increase in Ghrelin levels by up to 50% when drinking carbonated drinks be it sugary or water!!!

“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking……..because her trust is not in the branch but in her own wings – BELIEVE IN YOURSELF”

Big Viking, when UK police forces got the breath test kit in the 1960s I helped run some trials that showed that adding a carbonated mixer to an alcoholic drink got it into your blood stream faster and gave you a higher reading.

Day 3 – SW WA USA – NFD

Had a good FD yesterday, taking care of some of the holiday extras. @rainbowsmile – I too am having a little gut upset due too much sugar & other carbs earlier.

Welcome to all the new folks! We’re a chatty bunch & quite supportive. I’m needing to catch up on posts already…

Have a great day whether FD or NFD!

Day 3 2nd post

Thanks all for the kind thoughts. Oddly @califdreamer before Saturday I had never had a Gall bladder attack/issue. Maybe a little indigestion/pain when I was pregnant many years ago but nothing close to what I experienced Saturday and Monday.

I read a little on the link between IF and gallstones and it seems that as you “burn fat” your liver releases more cholesterol into your bile. When you take breaks in eating…like 16:8 or such your Gall bladder slows down. Doesn’t have to contract as often so the extra cholesterol can cause stones or sludgey bile.
    It’s just one factor. Add in me being overweight and probably having high triglycerides, and maybe even the holiday feasting?? Anyway…I am still uncomfortable and no appetite so certainly hope it helps the weight loss. 😊

Don’t want to scare anyone off about this WOL as I KNOW the long term benefits far outweigh
    this situation which undoubtedly has many causes!!
    And this will force me to clean up my diet once and for all. 💪

@at definitely aiming for laproscopic. I just want it out so I can feel better!

Day 3 : Cheshire, UK : LFD

Unintentionally my FD has turned into a liquid fast day. I was planning on just eating an evening meal but I was babysitting with my son whilst his fiance and her mother went to a musical in Manchester. I arrived home at around 8pm and thought I’d might as well not eat. Almost time for bed so I hope I don’t cave in. Haven’t watched the BBC2 programme but I’m disappointed about the carbonated water. It seems to satisfy my hunger?? Plus it’s more interesting than just still water.

I weighed and measured myself this morning. I want 15lbs to disappear by the end of February and some inches.

FD tomorrow. I intend to fast every Tuesday and Wednesday. I may fast Thursday depending how I’m feeling.

🙂

Day 4/CD/Melbourne Australia

Yesterday’s CD turned into a NFD, 300 calories over TDEE. My TDEE is only 1495 calories, not a lot. It’s easy to exceed. My one fast day per week and 16:8 really help to maintain below goal.
    @mjrbcd44 good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery. Interesting reading. For newbies non of the long term fasters here have experienced gall bladder issues. As @mjrbcd44 said there can be multiple factors involved.
    Welcome @rachyboo44 @jr_co @fastflissb
    @jr_co I love to cook and find preparing an interesting meal on FDs very relaxing. It’s the only time I count calories. I now have a greater understanding of portions and what not to eat on NFDs. I’ve been following this WOL for over 3 years.
    @janeandmoses 5:2 helped me ditch that diet mentality. I have no guilt or anxiety about my eating habits. Forty years of guilty yo-yo dieting are well and truly behind me.
    @ultramel good luck for Thursday 🙂
    @happymargo slay those 🐲s
    @flourbaby thanks for the link
    @ardell good advice to calculate your TDEE for your goal weight
    @lilymartin @michelinme
    @joblot44 my motivation came from counting 500gm packs of butter in the supermarket. A total of 38 lost. That’s a lot of fat!
    @cornish-jane 👏 for resisting that extra slice. It is so yum. I’m lucky enough to buy my bread at a baker who supplies bread to a Michelin starred restaurant. Nothing will induce me to give it up (in moderation of course). I’m positive my gut thanks me for it.
    @songbirdme maintenance is an interesting journey isn’t it? Thinking of the healthy benefits of fasting helps but I often wonder the same. Being able to eat my favourite foods and not feeling guilty also helps.
    @mcnorma Easy Diet Diary is great. Are you Australian?
    @leggit I’ve never heard of a “bomb cyclone”. To all our Northern friends stay safe and warm. It really sounds like an abnormally weather cycle. We Southerners are bracing for hot weather and the bushfire season.
    @janeandmoses the kondo method requires putting all your clothes, even those in storage, in one spot and then picking up each item to see if it sparks joy. If not discard. I completed the process numerous times as I lost weight. No more keeping bigger clothes just in case because I am not going back there. I sorted by category- tee shirts, pants etc
    @chickensrock happy anniversary. Enjoy the wineries.
    @goldensun my philosophy is if it makes this WOL easier then enjoy. We are all so different. What impacts one may not bother others. Our gut micro biome, our genes and our environment are unique. Hence I enjoy dairy, complex carbs, good fats and fruit and can still loose weight and maintain. If carbonated water helps go for it. I enjoy my bubbled water and it isn’t releasing the hunger 🐲 don’t let it bother you. If it impacted my health I’d stop. Diet coke was an issue, it released the sugar 🐲.

Wishing everyone suffering health issues a speedy recovery. @at love your posts. Always full of warm, supportive advice as are many on this forum.

Day 3, UK, NFD

Today almost turned into a FD by accident, being out and about and on the move I didn’t have time to eat till late afternoon.

It made me feel better reading about good calories (from nuts) posted by @coda. I do like eating healthy, unsalted nuts, and they are very caloric, but I don’t want to give them up as they are healthy. I cut out sugar, and I don’t find it a problem, if I need some sugar I have dark chocolate which I like. Found a bargain today, 99% cocoa as well 🙂

@mjrbcd44 sorry to hear you are facing a surgery. I hope it goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.

@cornish-jane I decided to start using sourdough bread since I read about all the health benefits it has, tried making my own starter and baking it twice, both time total failure 🙁 . Not sure what went wrong, but the bread was rock hard, inedible. I think it must have ben my starter, it just never looked right. So I’m looking into buying the starter now on eBay and giving it a go again. Let me know how you get on with it 🙂

@basyjames your school run on a non school day made me laugh so much haha 😀

I’m struggling keeping up with this forum, its so lively 😀

Sorry, post 2 so soon, just read post by @at …. what edit button? I don’t have edit button :/
    It might be some bug I’m having with this site, as I don’t have “Search” option either, which should be top right under your name 🙁

I just started fasting again. I’m doing a water with raw apple cider vinegar. I also drink green tea. Trying to detox my body. First day I just slept. Second day my joints hurt and no energy. I went into the Jacuzzi and felt like I was going to faint. Felt better once I went into the pool to cool off. Did this a few times. Today body aches almost gone. Joints popping and I have energy. Not hungry at all. Elimination is still good. I did add sole salt to my distilled water today. Thanks to the forum. Found out I needed salt. Sole has minerals as I use Himalayan and Celtic salt when I make it. My goal is to do a month fast then slowly go into a Keto lifestyle. I need to lose weight and heal my body. I will break my fast with kombucha to replace the good bacteria in my stomach. I hope I will be able to work out soon.

Day 3 Sarasota, Florida CD It’s easy for me to have a CD just by skipping lunch. 2-3 of those a week and my maintenance phase is working out well, even without exercise. I’ve been too sick with bronchitis to do much of anything.

Thank you for the link. Love cooking from scratch. Is this a California thing? I’m from SoCal.

Day 4, Cornwall UK, FD

Thanks @lindasue for the sourdough link. Hopefully my bread won’t be rock hard. I’ve been warned @shinything! I too like bread too much to give it up, so a little of the best seems the way to go.

I’m awake in the middle of the night with an annoying cough – great to have you guys around on the other side of the world!

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

About to head to the airport for our trip to Peru. Very long day in flight. The flight Dublin to Amsterdam is only over an hour but then 13 hours Amsterdam to Lima. DH has a very bad cold and chest infection but guess that goes with him to Peru too.

Next post I will be in the Southern Hemisphere 😄 First time ever! Woo hoo. Here I come Summer ✈️🏁🍷🍺😎

Norway, Day 4, FD

OK, so this is my third time trying to come back to you. November and December were just wasted by sickness (either me or the kids or both). Now I am very ready to really put in an effort again! So today is my second FD in 2018, started with an FD on 2.1., and it was hard. After all that food over Christmas, my stomack is used to being fed a lot. I hope today will be a bit easier…

Luckily, Christmas and pure NFDs for the last two months did not ruin all that I have done since August, so I have not gained any weight. Which is kind of odd, but I’ll take it.

Looking forward to loosing with you all again, I will do my best to check in every day, but I can’t promise it. Being a working mom, it is not always time…

So 2018 starts at 87.4 kg/192,7lb, and my overall goal is 77 kg/169lb. And I want to reach the goal before summer, or AT LEAST by the end of the year. I guess maintainence will be a challenge as well…

Goal for January: 86kg/189lb.

Norway, Day 4, FD (I might do a b2b today, if not, at least a CD)

@janeandmoses – yes I know the feeling, but it usually only lasts for seconds, until I realize this is not a diet but a way of life  Love your measuring in house bricks  Would be cool to stack up 10 house bricks, and through them out every time one is lost on body  Feeling inspired!

@bert1802 – well put, about the guilty feelings when eating. 

A question regarding the «no sugar club», do you guys mean all sugar in any food, or just no added sugar or just no candy/sweets?

@jr_co – Very good idea. I will copy you on that one, when I walk my 3 dogs. For my own motivation I will start with putting 10kg of stones in a bowl (would I need a bucket? ), the 10kg I’ve already lost, and onwards. I love you guys’ good ideas!! Maybe I should make one for my OH too, he loses 1-2-3 kg “every now and then” and is so proud of himself, and thinks it is SO easy he doesn’t have to even try…and celebrates….and one day later the 1-2-3kg are back on, of course…maybe if he had a visual of the kg’s, and he would (or I) have to take out some of his “lost pebbles”. I’ve tried to motivate him with a “big surprise” the day the scales show 2 figures… he is now at 112kg. He also has IBS.

Successful FD yesterday, 3 scrambled eggs for dinner, and that’s it. It’s now 8:15 and I haven’t eaten yet, and plan not to eat until dinner tonight. Regarding diet coke (Coke Zero), it doesn’t make me more hungry, and it keeps me from eating sweets (or eating anything)…so my fizzy drink stays 

Hoping to drop from my freakin’ plateau again soon….(maybe not so much a plateau this time, more a 2 week long holiday, I know…  )

Day 4 CD Good morning world 🌏
    Managed my fasting day yesterday quite easily and this seriously surprises me (again). It’s got to be because it’s novel to me! If not and it really is as easy as I’m finding it then I’m really annoyed with myself with not doing this years ago! 😠 Either way, better late than never! 🙂 I’m on 1300 kcal today and I’ve joined a running club so it’s a 6k run with tonight too.
    Once again a massive thank you to you all, I read every post religiously throughout the day and I gain so much motivation and positivity from you all.
    Keep it up and good luck for today.

Commencing 2 back to back fast days. I’ve never tried this before but it’s the only way to fit them in this week. I went back to work yesterday and several people commented that they had a lot less chocolate than usual in the house this Christmas. I found that too but thought it was because I bought less myself, being 5:2 minded now, and other people knowing I wouldn’t want it. However my work colleagues are not on healthy eating plans…maybe chocolate is going out of fashion around here!

Day 4, UK, NFD
    79.1 kg. The elusive 70s have been spotted again! I need to be more controlled today than I was two days ago.

i posted a long one about an hour ago, and still doesnt appear. Can any of you see my post for Day 4?

@maayyaa I received it via emailbut cannot see it here. Do you have a copy? Or would you like me to copy and post it?

Copy: @maayyaa’s post

Norway, Day 4, FD (I might to a b2b today, if not, at least a CD)

@janeandmoses – yes I know the feeling, but it usually only lasts for seconds, until I realize this is not a diet but a way of life  Love your measuring in house bricks  Would be cool to stack up 10 house bricks, and through them out every time one is lost on body  Feeling inspired!

@bert1802 – well put, about the guilty feelings when eating. 

A question regarding the «no sugar club», do you guys mean all sugar in any food, or just no added sugar or just no candy/sweets?

@jr_co – Very good idea. I will copy you on that one, when I walk my 3 dogs. For my own motivation I will start with putting 10kg of stones in a bowl (would I need a bucket? ), the 10kg I’ve already lost, and onwards. I love you guys’ good ideas!! Maybe I should make one for my OH too, he loses 1-2-3 kg “every now and then” and is so proud of himself, and thinks it is SO easy he doesn’t have to even try…and celebrates….and one day later the 1-2-3kg are back on, of course…maybe if he had a visual of the kg’s, and he would (or I) have to take out some of his “lost pebbles”. I’ve tried to motivate him with a “big surprise” the day the scales show 2 figures… he is now at 112kg. He also has IBS.

Successful FD yesterday, 3 scrambled eggs for dinner, and that’s it. It’s now 8:15 and I haven’t eaten yet, and plan not to eat until dinner tonight. Regarding diet coke (Coke Zero), it doesn’t make me more hungry, and it keeps me from eating sweets (or eating anything)…so my fizzy drink stays 

Hoping to drop from my freakin’ plateau again soon….(maybe not so much a plateau this time, more a 2 week long holiday, I know…  )

Day 4 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD
    Struggled a little yesterday with a non fast day hopefully I’ll be in my routine by the end of the week.
    @missybear I watch that program with Dr Michael Mosley who would have thought carbonated drinks would make you feel more hungry. I drink a can of Diet Coke most nights when I get in from work, I also drink Indian tonic water. Think I’ll try and avoid carbonated drinks for the month.

Day 4-uk-fd

Morning everyone. Really enjoy reading the posts. Love the post about the bird trusting it’s own wings. Fab! I’m on my last fast of the week. Keeping the kids amused so that should keep me busy. Then a controlled weekend.This year I haven’t threw out all the rubbish like chocolate and sweets from Christmas. Every year I have and by the end of January I have re bought them..feeling guilty. On my non fast days trying a bit of moderation..it’s a new concept for me 😉😂. Have a good day x

day 4 UK NFD

Day 4, India, NFD

Finished a successful 3 day fast, where i had most of my calories for dinner.
    Planning to have a controlled day today. I love the feeling of lightness when I eat in moderation. I am so happy I found this way of life.

Day 4 Wales FD

Day 4 NFD

Day 4 Belfast NFD
    The weather has been hectic. High winds and never-ending rain.
    I really struggled with my FD yesterday. I ended up around 750 cals but that’ll do for a start.

@mjrbcd44 – good luck with your surgery.
    @bigviking – I watched that too. Sparkling water is the mainstay or my FD. Hmmm!? I don’t think I can give up sparkling water as well as all the rest.
    @at/@Daffodil2010 what a lovely thought – you two guys half way round the world planking away!
    @penguin I guess that’s why champagne and sparkling wine goes to your head quicker.
    Thanks for the link @lindasue. Making bread is one of my New Year projects.
    @daffodil2010 – Bon Voyage!
    @joblot44 – I’m 63 and cross that I have spent 20 years being fat. But as they say, today is the beginning of the rest of your life and this WOL really works. Your motivation shines through your post!
    @maayyaa – for me, no candy/sweets, cakes, biscuits and as much home cooked meals as possible. I mean to slay this sugar monster!
    @coda – Rosa is a delight. I grew up with dogs but because we both worked full time, we never had one as adults. Hard work though. It’s not difficult keeping my daily step quota up!
    @rahul1905 well done on your extended fast.

The weather suits my mood. ☔️ I have a funeral to go to today. A cousin, friend, fellow caravanner and the brother to OH that he never had. He will be dearly missed. The only upside of this @mjrbcd44 is that my boys will be home for a day or so.

Remember: Even if you lose 1/2 a pound a week, you’ll lose 26 lbs in a year.

Day 4, Wales, UK, NFD (CD)

No booze (but was tempted) and had a really healthy dinner last night, but still slept over 10 hours 🙁

I may have some sleep debt from earlier in the week when I got 3 hours because of early travel, and 4 hours because of binge watching a series till the small hours (blush). I’ll see if my weekly average hours are better than normal.

Dark, windy and cold today. I am craving thick bowls of vegetable soup like crazy.

Have a great day everyone!

thank you @onahealthyhigh
    Via email, lol, strange 🙂 Thanks for posting it for me 😛

Day 4…..Florida…..FD

Okay, I first of all want to tell those who live in the cold weather states and countries, how very sorry, I am for my next few sentences……

I have no idea how you all do it……It is so cold here, I am over it! I just do not have enough warm clothes to be venturing out and about in the community.

Yesterday was a NFD, and I found myself overly hungry from the moment, I woke up. I actually broke down and had breakfast, not a good one mind you but breakfast all the same.

Today, my plan is to eat lightly, it will be just me and the OS for dinner, so I think I’m just going to make a light dinner.

Okay….. well I must go brave the cold world……

I tired to go outside and stand this morning but It’s too damn cold!

Day 4, London, UK, NFD,

Slow start this morning, I blame the late viewing of Pretty Woman last night!!!

Also, Dr. M, what are you doing to me??????? I’ve given up booze for January, now my sparkling water might have to go???? I refuse to lose the will to live ……………Do Not Test My Resolve …….………….. THE FIZZY WATER STAYS!!!!!!!

@mjrbcd44 – I’m keeping everything crossed for your surgery & recovery!!!

@daffodil2010, Have a safe journey, I know you’ll have a fantastic time, I’m soooooo jealous!!!!

@joblot44, it really is as easy as you’re finding it, I’ve done some wishful thinking myself especially when I read posts from 2013!!!! Anyway we’ve found the wagon we were destined to ride on, so buckle up and enjoy it, bearing in mind, it WILL get bumpy, but that’s life!!!!

Saw the new ad on telly to encourage us to change our eating habits, so the new slogan for kids is “Look for 100 calorie snacks, 2 a day max”, I’m not sure whether encouraging any kind of snacking is worth it, maybe this could be the beginning of weaning everyone off of that snack train!!!

Make today count people!!!!!

Day 4, Newcastle UK, NFD (8 days alcohol free)

Aghhhhh – just lost my entire post – an hour’s work – cause I closed the window by mistake. Okay – here we go again – but it’s never the same second time round….

Great B2B fast days – best in months. Now only 2.9lbs from January goal (aiming to achieve this by our cruise 3 weeks tomorrow).

Repasting Dry Januarians pocket list started by @emma Taylor and adding @bert1802 to cheer us on. If you wish to join us, please copy and paste to your own post and add your name.

Pocket Dry-Januarians list
    @emma-taylor
    @strawberriesandcream
    @awilson
    @happymargo
    @onahealthyhigh
    @soup dragon
    @molij
    @rainbowsmile
    @bigviking
    @debster251
    @Oh no nearly 5 0
    @miraclelou
    @tlc2
    @toddybear (beginning on the 16th)
    @healthytoo
    @flourbaby
    @chickensrock
    @bert1802

Had lots of comments for folks but running out of time now – so the abridged version.
    @debster251 – sorry for you and your OH’s loss – thinking of you today x
    @emma Taylor – I’m doing great thanks and yes that was my wine recommendation – glad you like it. For beer lovers check out Brewdog’s Nanny State – as good as, if not even better, than St. Peter’s Without.
    @lilymartin – good to see you back – you always had good advice for us. Having experimented with not counting calories – I’m now back in the ‘count every single one’ camp after weighing my guessed portion of salted peanuts at 30g and 184cals and finding I was actually consuming 60g (with seconds sometimes!!!).
    @lynned & @lindasue – thanks for the bread recipes. I made a delicious veg soup yesterday with added Borlotti beans – it was so easy and filling. Some good bread would have been the icing on the cake so to speak….
    @daffodil2010 – very best wishes for a great holiday. I hope your OH recovers quickly.

I’m sure I had other comments – sorry I was such a clutz with the keyboard!

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”! —Audrey Hepburn

2nd post

Ahhh yes – @mjrbcd44. Having read your alarming post and then googling the whole business, glad to see that one can survive without a gallbladder. As you say with a few tweaks here and there, you will happily be able to carry on with this WOL. All the very best for a speedy recovery when it comes.

Day 4, South Wales, FD

Right, it’s time for me to take the plunge and join the DryJanuary list! I was over-indulgent over the holiday with the wine and definitely need to reboot…

Pocket Dry-Januarians list
    @emma-taylor
    @strawberriesandcream
    @awilson
    @happymargo
    @onahealthyhigh
    @soup dragon
    @molij
    @rainbowsmile
    @bigviking
    @debster251
    @Oh no nearly 5 0
    @miraclelou
    @tlc2
    @toddybear (beginning on the 16th)
    @healthytoo
    @flourbaby
    @chickensrock
    @bert1802
    @lynned

@flourbaby – I’m with you – the fizzy water stays for me! Wonder if it’ll be on offer in the supermarket today after yesterday’s programme.

Completely agree about the advice for children and what and how they should eat. All that poor advice has had a very detrimental effect on our understanding of nutrition and how to get, and stay lean.
    I’m going to ignore the fizzy water advice. Fizzy water works for me, and that’s why I like this WOL. I’m grown up enough to work out what works and the whole point is to stop stressing about food and drink. A complete waste of time. So there.

Day 3, USA, 2nd LFD in a row

So good to be back in the groove! Why did I let myself give it up in December!? Yesterday’s FD went well, and I am ready for today’s B2B, despite the (for Florida) freezing temperatures. Even tho some evil person bought donuts into the office! (One mental reminder of how many calories those babies pack was more than enough for me to ignore them. The taste just aint worth it!)

I didn’t see the show, but like others have commented, I’m disappointed re the fizzy water outcome. I love my fizzy water! And I don’t find it stimulates hunger. If anything, like GoldenSun, it seems to sate me. So like many of you, I’m not going to give it up. Just curious tho, did Dr M make a distinction between carbonated soda (containing additives) vice carbonated water? If so I can see how the former might stimulate hunger.

Hope you’re able to schedule your op soon, Mjrbcd44. My OH had gall bladder attacks some years back, and I had never seen him in so much pain before. Awful to see and even more awful to experience – so I feel for you! (He had a successful op and hasn’t looked back.)

Happy wedding anniversary ChickensRock! And if you let yourself have a vino treat despite your best intentions, I think 26 years is more than enough of a justification!

Bad timing with your OH’s cold, Daffoldi2010 but I’m sure neither of you will let it interfere with your Rally experience. Have fun!

Heresy to suggest chocolate is going out of fashion! Just saying.

Day 4 FD Scotland

Good control day yesterday stayed below current TDEE. And so thats 3.5 lbs lost in the first 3 days 😊 I know it’s mostly fluid but it’s very motivating to see the numbers coming down.

I have been looking at whether to work to my current or target TDEE and have decided that as I have so much to lose 6 stone/84lbs/38kg I’ll work to my current TDEE and only cut it back when I see the weight loss starting to be a struggle if that makes sense.

And sorry fizzy water is staying for me I have it with ice and a slice and kid on it’s something better🍸

Day 4 Akron OH WFD
    @bert1802 I hate the cold as well, every winter I try to remember why I live in Ohio. Over time though you kinda get used to it. It was zero degrees yesterday when I attempted to drop my kids off at school, this morning it was 17 degrees and felt rather balmy LOL.
    @mjrbcd44 I wish you all the best with your surgery. I will be thinking of and praying for your speedy recovery
    @daffodil2010 enjoy your trip! So jealous, but cheering with you woohoo!!!
    @janeandmoses one of the things I loved about this WOL was being able to stop feeling guilty when I eat. After years of dieting and deprivation, it just felt so decadent.
    @ultramel when I first started fasting (early last year) I used to get really weak on my FD. However, my body quickly got used to it and it flipped- I had more energy on my FD than on my NFD
    @happymargo and @flourbaby the holiday season worked a number on me too. Last night I had 3 grapes and that helped curb the craving for something sweet after dinner. Slowly but surely, we are getting on the wagon.
    @michelinme congrats on your success. I agree with you that reminding ourselves of where we were is so important, I think we sometimes forget where we were because we are focused on where we want to be.
    @shinything I am glad I made you laugh :) I was able to laugh at myself after I got over my irritation with myself
    Have a good day everyone. Stay warm and be good to yourself

Perth, Western Australia
    Day 3 – FD
    Day 4 – NFD

Hello all Day 4 FD NI

Just a quick check in – so far so good 2 coffees and as I sat with one of my twin sons at lunch time watching him have a bowl of soup and a BLT sandwich I succumbed when he offered a little corner of one quarter.

@daffodil2010 – Bon-voyage safe journey and enjoy your trip, hope your OH recovers quickly.

@mjrbcd44 – wishing you a speedy recovery when you have your surgery.

I didn’t see the programme about fizzy drinks but believe I remember a warning about sparkling water that I read years ago was too much can affect bone density but as we all know – everything in moderation!

Hi all,

I’d like to be included in the January challenge please! Started my 5:2 journey on 1st Jan with my first day being a FD. Currently on my 2nd FD today and finding it ok so far 😊

My main motivation is weight loss to bring me into a healthy weight zone before we try for baby number 2 later this year (my 1st is 13 months old).

Looking forward to seeing how it goes!
    Tasha

Day 4,Germany, NFD
    Hey everybody! We’re here in a beautiful apartment close to the Feldberg but weren’t so lucky unfortunately: first day was OK but since then rain, rain, rain… Plus an orcano like storm yesterday – never saw so many trees lying on the roads 😱 Plus: no electricity yesterday… (we had just bought lots of candles when it finally worked again…)
    Plus: no telephone net for our mobiles and no internet until an hour ago…
    So our skiing vacation could have been better but so what… We all survived, our 7 year old son did his first skiing class bravely in the rain and the best thing for me: without one single drop of alcohol! 💪 😊 It is actually easier than I thought!
    On Saturday night I will meet with some friends at an Italian restaurant where we usually have some nice wine… Isn’t it strange that it seems more a problem for me what the girls might think than the fact that I can’t have the wine… What a social duty that feels like!!!
    I am not fasting right now but trying to eat mindful and healthy without sugar and snacks in between my meals. Most of the time that works well. The coming weeks will be 4:3 for me! Looking forward to hop back on the waggon!
    Wishing you all tons of strength to carry on and to get closer to your goals!

Day 4,Germany, NFD
    Just submitted a long post but it doesn’t show up… Wanted to post it again but was told that it was a double post…
    Strange! Can anyone see my post from 10 minutes ago?

Day 4, Canada, FD.
    This is my second fast day. The first one went so smoothly, fingers crossed for another easy FD!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,558 total)

You must be logged in to reply.