Intermittent fasting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ada1798 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I want to do the 16:8 fast starting tomorrow , but I don’t know when and how much I should eat.

Hi Ada.

I’m no expert, but the way I do it is eat nothing (although I have to have a bit of milk in my early morning cuppa!) until at least 11am, and then finish eating by 7pm. You could vary the times to suit so long as you eat in an 8 hour window.

In that 8 hour eating window it is entirely up to you what and when you eat. If you want the health benefit of fasting but no weight loss, aim for your TDEE. If you want to lose weight, aim to eat fewer calories. I’m finding I naturally eat a bit less practising daily 16:8, because I’m not having 3 proper meals (usually only a banana or yoghurt to get from 11am to a normal lunch, but then that’s now a bit lighter because I’m not ravenous if I’ve eaten something light at 11).

I think, as with 5:2, there’s a bit of trial and error until you find what works for you. Good luck!

Thankss !! I will try that

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.