In menopause and losing weight well?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
In menopause and losing weight well?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jinta 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi
    I wonder if there are ‘girls’ here who are in menopause.
    Will you lose weight good with 5:2 or it is more difficult?

Hi Jinta, there’s a topic on here for “Ladies of a certain age” that you can check out for their input. I’m post menopausal, and this is the first diet that I’m happy to say works for me post menopause. I’ve tried about every diet to try to get back to a healthier weight. It was such a struggle to lose even 5 pounds only to gain it back and then some. This 5:2 plan has given me the hope I greatly needed. The hope that I will lose and do it enjoying foods I really like and not feel guilty either when I do eat it. It is a very slow losing of the weight so don’t expect it to all drop off over a short period of time. I’ve been on it since July 2014, losing only 1 to 2 pounds a month, but it IS coming off. So be patient is my advice. Stick to your 2 fast days of 500 calories or less, stay at or below your TDEE on the other non-fast days and you too should see the scales move slowly downward. Also, I found waiting to eat just one meal in the evening was easier for me on my fast days. If I ate anything before during the day, it would wake up the hunger monster. But every body is different, and you have to find what works for you. Best of luck to you with your fasting!

Thanks, I found the topic 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.