I want to improve blood pressure and bone strength

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Fast Exercise Getting fit
I want to improve blood pressure and bone strength

This topic contains 2 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bcjmmac 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I do a very simple, cross-trainer aerobic workout 3-4 times a week and incorporate some HIIT intervals. But i need t add some new elements as I need to improve both blood pressure levels and bone strength. I am not clear what I need to add. Can anyone help?

Weight bearing exercises like walking, jogging, yoga, tai-chi and strength-training are all good exercises for developing your bones. Also, eat your greens like kale and broccoli, eat seafood like salmon, sardines, sea fish can take care of your calcium needs. To keep your blood pressure levels in control you need to take salt in moderation, exercise, keep your weight under control. You will then certainly be able to control your blood pressure levels.

Hi,

Weight bearing exercise and a healthy diet is excellent advice for bone strength but it may not be possible to control raised blood pressure by diet and exercise. I am speaking from experience as I had very high BP prior to starting 5:2 which was still rising despite medication. I have lost 66lbs and been exercising several times per week for nearly 3 years. It has dropped significantly but not enough for my medication to be decreased.

Moseley had a group try a gripping style HIIT exercise program for 4 weeks that may be of interest (saw on recent episode of Trust Me I’m a Doctor). Group had average BP drop of 10 pts
    Exercise consisted of gripping a strength meter at 30% of your max grip strength for 2 minutes. Take a short break (1 minute?), & repeat 2 more times. Do this 3 times a week.
    Theorized that this type of exercise increases blood flow to extremities which led to improvement in BP (possibly blood vessels increased diameter in response to demand for more flow?).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.