? how to measure accurately and where?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Site stuff Suggested improvements
? how to measure accurately and where?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  adamgreen21 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Umm…it may seem improbable but I am having difficulty measuring myself accurately and I feel like a dunce for actually writing this when it seems everyone else on the site has no difficulty measuring themself.

For example, I have no idea where to measure my neck…which from my perspective runs from under my chin to my collarbone and is a different measurement at each part of it (sadly).Same problem with my thighs…which bit of them gets measured?

And waist and hips…there’s a lot of room (!) for interpretation about what is actually where…as I stand here with my tape measure.

Guidance appreciated. 🙂

I found the “how to measure your waist” instructions in the FAQ Michael posted but I’m still lost for where of the rest of the measurements.

It doesn’t matter where you measure. What is important is that you measure in the same place every time.

Uh huh. And how do you go about that? Personally…there is no way I would remember where I put a tapemeasure around me from one week to the next…hence the request for guidance.

Now though I have the waist measurement technique down thanks to finding that info clearly posted. 🙂

this is what works for me:
    neck gets measured at the base
    bust gets measured with no bra, right across the nipples
    waist is at my natural waist which is a different spot for everyone – look at your body and find the part where your torso tapers in. If it doesn’t taper in anywhere, you have to pick a spot. Some people say halfway between the hip bones and rib cage. I would probably just go with the navel if you don’t have a visible waist.
    I also measure at the navel for a belly/gut measurement, since my natural waist is not anywhere near my navel
    hips are measured around the fattest part of the butt or right where a low cut bikini panty would hit
    thighs and upper arms are measured at their fattest point

Measuring isn’t super accurate even if you do the same spot. It’s hard to know if you’re pulling the tape measure a bit tighter on any given day. The squishier the body part is, the less accurate the measuring. At one point my bust measurement stayed the same for over a month, during which time I indisputably went down a bra size. So if the measurements go down, great, if they don’t, don’t worry!

Thanks Kilda, that was helpful for me too!

Kilda, Thank you! 🙂

Thanks Kilda, that was helpful for me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.