how long does it take to start losing weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
how long does it take to start losing weight

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nick3011 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Just started 5:2 fasting diet – just one fasting day in. Generally how long does it take to start losing weight?

Hi,
    I just started this week and after 2 fast days I have lost 3ilbs. This has been a real incentive to keep going although I know the weightloss will slow down. Weigh yourself tomorrow and post to let us know.

Hi NicolaB,

I starting losing weight my first week on 5:2, and I’ve seen the same from a number of posts, but not all. There are a variety of factors that impact this, so the answer is that it varies from person to person.

Good luck, and let us know.

Hi NicolaB, I lost weight within a few days and have lost an average of 1 lb per week from BMI 23 to BMI 19.5 I have reached my target weight and am now on maintenance programme.

Good Luck to you with this new way of life.

Hi Lichtle,
    Congrats on reaching your target. How are you maintaining?

Just started today – long overdue in finding the ideal diet – its about our health and evidence based

Fiffie

Hello!
    I have been doing the 5:2 now for three months and the results have been good. I am diabetic and thought initially this would be too difficult for me to maintain however I have been pleasantly surprised.

I have lost 14lbs and my blood sugar levels have been consistently good. I have found incorporating the concept of fasting easy to maintain. I find myself thinking less about food; which is wonderful because having spent a life time on diets I am now no longer thinking about what, when and where I am going to eat every waking minuet of the day.

Physically I feel healthier and fitter, it being the main reason for undertaking this eating concept. My dad sadly died from a rare brain disease and although we still know little about his condition I feel that the research for the 5:2 diet appears to suggest positive outcomes for a healthy body and mind.

I continue to move forward – good luck to you all xx

Hi sour lemon sorry to hear about your dad. Your post is encouraging as I desperately need to lose weight but I want to feel healthier and in less pain. I wish you luck happy fasting !

NicolaB, I had a slow start but I’ve now lost just over a stone, this is my 7th week, although I’ve been doing 4:3.
    Good luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.