How common is it to regain weight in the first month of 5-2?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
How common is it to regain weight in the first month of 5-2?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I am a little over a month into the 5-2 diet plan – and would say that I absolutely love it – except I have recently regained a bit of weight and feel like my tummy is looking extra flabby. :/

I started 6 weeks ago and had an exciting loss of around 12 pounds in the first 3 weeks, but as of last week I put back on about 4 lbs (and my overall measurements seem to have corresponded with the loss and gain) and I can’t figure out why. If anything I’ve gotten “better” at my fast days (cutting out even tiny snacks that might accidentally push me over my calorie limit, waiting until lunch to eat anything, having an easier time going to sleep on an empty stomach etc) and eating more mindfully on my normal days. I’ve maintained the same workout/walking schedule the whole time.

As I mentioned I really do love this eating plan. I’ve had a ton of fun coming up with delicious meals that work for fast days, and (much to my surprise) I actually look forward to those days and generally spend them feeling happy and energized. So I want to stick with the program, but I’m wondering if anyone has insight into this weight gain, or is aware of anything I might accidentally be doing to throw off my metabolism?

Hi fast and welcome:

Your metabolism is just fine.

Your initial weight loss was mostly water weight. Water weight goes up and down depending on the amount/kinds of carbs you eat, your salt intake and other factors.

The average fat weight loss over time on 5:2 is about a pound a week. You therefore might expect to lose about 6 pounds in 6 weeks – you have lost eight, so you are doing fine.

Just keep on doing your diet days correctly and your weight loss will resume when your body allows it to. Here are some tips – you might read the ‘Warnings’ and ‘TDEE’ links first to get an idea of what I am talking about: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.