Help on high blood pressure & cholesterols

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Help on high blood pressure & cholesterols

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lightoftheworld 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Dear all,

I am from Hong Kong. I have started the Fast Diet for three weeks. Started at 127.5lbs and now is 124lbs, lost 3.5lbs. I was in 121.5lbs two days ago but it goes back to 124lbs after the weekend (ate too much with the family :)!)but it is still 1.5lbs less than the reading in previous week.

My husband has high blood pressure and cholesterols by heredity. He started to take medicines to control these for about a year. I think it will have side effects if to take medicine permanantly. So I want him to stop taking medicines if there is other method that helps.

Does anyone could share with me if the Fast Diet can help on these heredity diseases?

Thanks
    Matt mama

Matt Mama
    My cholesterol went down from 5.9 to 4 after 3 months on 5:2. Having said that though remember we are all individuals. Michael’s book tends to suggest though that cholesterol can be permanently be brought under control by this way of eating even to us that have hereditary high cholesterol. Hope that’s encouraging for you.

Hi! I have cholesterol issues as well.

I am starting to eat more plant-based, minimizing dairy and meats.

You might also want to ask your doctor about the vitamin niacin. Statins made me sick so my doctor put me on a regimen of niacin, which has been found to lower cholesterol.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.