HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,901 through 5,950 (of 7,330 total)

• Thanks athunsia

Much appreciated….

❤❤❤

Hello everyone,
    It is Saturday morning here and a gentle day (so far 😉 )

Thanks for the update Audrey! Oh dear, watch out for cheeky sisters in law! Your Saturday is arriving soon and I am so glad you will be home and able to look after yourself for a bit. Sending good wishes!

Athunusia what a relief that cold is finally going! Everything will be easier!

Hi Sukey, cheers that you have found something that works so well for you!

Oh no, my pot of coffee is finished. I think I need another one. Catch you later.

Cinque
    Hi Cinque
    It’s 9:20am here. My hubby just made breakfast for me. It’s quite late though. I had a reflux throat spasm last night and paced around the house coughing and trying to catch my breath. I woke up hung over from it all and we missed the markets we wanted to visit. I’ve been worried that IF would exacerbate my reflux but its so bad atm I think I’d try anything! Feeling blah ?

On the brighter side. The sun is shining, birds are singing and my husband loves me. All is good!
    Cinque I can’t drink coffee much since having the gall bladder out. Just an instant a few times a week.
    Tea also makes me feel icky. I do find I’m drinking more water which is excellent 🙂
    Sorry I ramble on everyone. Once I start the 5:2 I hope to be able to post something of interest!
    I wish strength to everyone ?

Oh Athunusia, Reflux AND no (real) coffee! 🙁 Thank goodness the sun is shining and your husband loves you!
    I do hope your reflux gets much better – hey, I mean completely better! It must be awful to live with. My oldest sister suffers from it badly.

It’s turned afternoon and thanks to machines, I have done the dishes and washed the clothes!
    Not much else. Definitely a go slow day. I am so lucky that I am able to have that.

I’ve run out of milk so I had better crank myself up soon and sashay up to the shops! Sending out more best wishes to everyone!

Morning ladies

It’s snowing here!!!

I am keeping everything crossed that it doesn’t do a lot and I manage to get home later today. We have arranged to meet our camping friends for Sunday lunch tomorrow do I do hope we can all get there would be great to catch up.

Have a good weekend everybody cinque thanks for cheering me up, athunsia hope you feel better soon and can join us on our journey of weight loss..

Audrey

Cinque/Audrey
    Thanks for your good wishes. There was a slight chance that the gall bladder was causing the constant pain under my sternum. As time goes by I think it’s more likely the reflux. If things don’t get better they want to check for a hiatus hernia. Cinque I feel for your sister.
    Audrey it’s so hot over here! And humid! I do hope your Sunday isn’t snowed out. Mmmm snow! I’d love to see some up close.
    Gotta go and make some veggie soup for dinner. I think that’s what I’ll be having when I start to fast so I’m experimenting with flavours.
    Happy weight loss everybody ??

Oh what a pity it didn’t go with the gall bladder, Athunusia!

I’ve just made veggie soup too! A huge pot!

Audrey I am so hoping the snow didn’t/doesn’t stop you from going home.
    I’ll look forward to finding out in the morning.

Hello everyone else!

I am going home for sure today. It’s now a very cold but sunny day in Lancashire but the roads are passable.

Athunsia snow is very nice when you don’t have to travel in it….

Have a good weekend everyone

Sunday lunch tomorrow for me what a treat. .will be great to meet up with good friends and do something “normal”

Audrey.

So glad you could travel, Audrey! I hope it was a good trip.

I’m having a Sunday fast day. It’s begun well, one hour in! ?

Best wishes everyone, how is your day going?

Hi Cinque
    Happy fasting. I’ve decided that there’s been enough pondering, research and procrastination. My first fast day is tomorrow!!!
    I just have to work out a breakfast that I can have with all my tablets. I have heaps of morning tablets and I must have them with a good breakfast or I vomit them all up again ? maybe a boiled egg and toast (no butter) What do you think?

Thanks Athunusia!

Cheers for taking the step!
    The toast and boiled egg sound like a good start to take with your medication. You can assess it later and adjust it if needed.

Go for doability, to use Michael Mosley’s term.

I’ll be cheering you along tomorrow! Hopefully you will find it easier than you fear.

PS How did you choose your user name?

Thanks for the encouragement dear. My user name is something my mother in law called me. It kind of means she cherished me. She was a very lovely lady. I use it often with games and forums. She was Greek.

Oh that is just lovely! 🙂
    I hope you feel cherished all Fast Day!

Best wishes!

Cinque, hope your fast day went ok I got home safe and sound there is no snow in Cheshire but there is snow in Derbyshire which is where we are meeting our friends for lunch so should be a pretty drive. …

Athunsia it’s about time, thought you were never going to join us. .. that’s from me who isn’t fasting at the moment haha. If I called myself by what my mother in law called me I would be banned from posting, I am glad yours liked you, mine didn’t needless to say. You could try porridge made with water for your breakfast as an alternative. ….

Have a great day where are all our other ladies??? Zen are you still with us?

Audrey

Have the best day Audrey, a lovely day, and feel free!
    I’ve had an excellent fast day thanks!
    It is evening here, after a lovely day. ⭐️???✨

Cinque thank you for your good wishes. Glad your fast day went well.
    Audrey yes I’ve taken the leap!!!!
    I was blessed having a mother in law love me. I met her when I was 11 I went to school with my husband’s sister. I married at 17 1/2
    Whats porridge made of? I have rolled oats in the house.
    I really wish I didn’t have to eat breakfast. Stoopid tablets!!!! I’d much rather fast until dinner.

Just officially joining up. I’m 2 years away from 60. I just spent the last 5 weeks at home with a broken clavicle. My goal was to NOT gain weight, to NOT sit around and be bored and eat. I still have one more week off work and I didn’t gain weight, I didn’t sit around eating bon.bons. It has been nice not having to go to work, but frustrating seeing the dirt that my retired husband doesn’t see. It turns out to be a practice run for how life will be when I retire.

I just watched BBC’s The Perfect Diet. Great documentary. I am an emotional eater. I think that the 5/2 diet will be good for me because I won’t have to think too much about it, just get those two days over with. I did it last week, and it went well till I had a boredom attack and ate my husband’s chocolate.

Anyway, emotional eaters are supposed to look for support. Here I am, seeking it and offering it!

Hi all and a big welcome to freckle face pull up a seat and come and join us in our little corner of the forum. It does sometimes sound like a woman’s institute meeting at times here but we support each other and offer support so you should fit right in.

Athunsia good luck for tomorrow keep in touch.

Audrey

Hi and welcome onboard Athunusia and Freckle-face, you’ve found the friendliest place here as I discovered when I joined last week. I’m still here Audrey, just had a couple of non fast days and planning fasts Monday, Weds, Fri this week, a 4:3 this time. Don’t expect to lose much though as I did so well last week. Happy fasting ladies.

Zen

Great to hear from you, glad it’s going well, keep in touch and carry on losing

Stay in touch everyone together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi Freckle Face, that documentary made me decide to start 5:2 too. I had seen Michael Mosley’s documentary, and my friends were doing 5:2 and finding it great, so I was thinking about it, but the Perfect Diet doc was the decider!

You have come to a lovely place for support!

The broken clavicle must have been so hard! Congratulations on how you managed it.

Hopefully next Fast Day you can beat the boredom: just til the next day!

I had a lovely Fast Day yesterday and enjoyed breakfast this morning!

Cheers to you all!

Hi
    It is the end of my second week – much harder than the first – reading the posts on this forum has been so encouraging – I managed to lose a further 1kg
    Hope you are all keeping strong and positive
    AT

you go girl,good on you.well done.

Oh I forgot to write your name in At, but you go girl.

OOO howd ya feel after 3 days fast?did you see Dr Mosley did a fast for 4 days on that program,ooo I don’t know if I could do that.Let me know how much weight you loose.Because im losing but the tape measure around my stomach hasn’t shifted at all.May be im just losing on my eye lids.

Hi everyone. G’day Freckleface. Well all measurements done. What a shocker!! Boobs are the same as my gut! Oh well it’s to infinity and beyond as they say from today!
    I had rolled oats with water and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast. Plus a cup of tea with one sugar. That was 257cals. Yes I had honey and sugar but its my first fast day and the house is empty. Shopping days are Mondays. I’ll endeavor to reduce my sugar as the weeks go by. At the moment if it doesn’t taste good I won’t eat it! I am a sugarholic so I have to work on cutting back I know.

AT well done ?
    Thanks for all the luck and good wishes Audreyg
    I lose track of all the posts so if I forget to thank people please forgive me. I’m on my iPad and it doesn’t like my scrolling too much.
    Because I’m chatting here I’m not even thinking of food……oh until just then….dang!!

Haahaa I added some calories and some kilojoules together!!! So I only had 193 cals for breakfast not 257 Yay!!!

Woot Athunusia, way to go! ?
    I’m glad breakfast went well, and I hope you have managed to go on without thinking of the f word ?

I’ve just worked out how to make things open up in a new tab on my iPad! Woohoo! ?

Hi AT, congratulations for getting to the end of your second week! ??☄⚡️✨
    Those are celebratory fireworks!
    I hope next week will be much easier!

Good luck Zen with your 4:3! ?

Hope you don’t completely lose your eyelids KeeLee! ?

Best wishes everyone! ??????

Cooking dinner for my husband and feeling hungry!! I have my veg soup ready to eat once I’ve finished. Grocery day so there’s biscuits, chocolate, and soft drink in the cupboards. I’ll have to be careful tomorrow!!
    If I keep busy I’m doing ok. Watching telly tonight will be difficult.

Excellent update Athunusia.
    I’m sure you have some ironing to do while you watch TV! 😉

Today you can look forward to eating all you want tomorrow!
    Tomorrow you can decide if you really want the junk food in your cupboards!

Athunsia well done for today you are doing really well….

I am not posting much am busy sorting house out before I go back to mums tomorrow got lots to do…..baking, cleaning, ironing, shopping the list is endless. …

Talk soon, good luck to you all

Audrey

Be strong Athunusia, first day fast, how exciting. Must be hard cooking for hubby though and not having any yourself. Maybe when he sees your great results he will want to join you.

Thank you so much everyone for the encouragement. Audrey good luck with going back to see Mum. Hopefully you’ll see her looking a bit better. Don’t let any family upset you or your Mum.
    Well it’s 9pm and I haven’t eaten anything naughty. But I’m desperate to!!
    Sadly my main problem is my major depression. I’ve always used food as an emotional crutch.
    I also have anxiety and OCD. I’ll have to find another tool to pacify these demons.

Cinque I iron once every three or four months! Things get washed and then hung up or folded. I have a lady come in and vaccum and clean the bathroom. My osteoarthritis knocks me around. Plus I have some kind of connective tissue disease.

Anthusia, if its any help I all ways just tell myself, oh its ok just for today tomorrow I can eat what I like. keelee

Hi Athunusia, I hope you got through okay! It makes it even more wonderful that you managed it while struggling with major depression with anxiety and OCD. You deserve a medal! And the osteoarthritis must make everything hard too.

I was pretty confident I was making a joke about ironing. 🙂 I do it fairly often, but I know I am a rare breed! I remember reading advice in a book that said the best way to deal with ironing is that, while you are putting away your clothes, you put everything that needs ironing into a basket. Then, when the basket is full, you take it to the charity store. Ha.

Wake up and have something lovely for breakfast!

Hi Audrey, so glad you have time to get organised before getting back to your mum. Best wishes for a good trip, and I hope she is recovering well!

We’ve got a whole week of this easy weather we have been having, except for tomorrow which will be hot, and humid too I think (not my favourite). But just one day is generally easy.

I’m going to have a sort of hybrid Fast Day I think. I’ll have a little bit of breakfast, but then do just like a Fast Day. It suits what I have in the fridge and it will be a little test of how that eating suits me (light but not light enough to call it a Fast Day). Plus it will be better to have my next Fast Day on Thursday, but that seemed too far away until I thought of this plan.

Cheers everyone!

Hi Girls
    Just had a really indulgent weekend – feel like Ive put on wt. Dare not look at the scales.
    Trying to do a 2 day fast before i look. It feels like cheating

Go Prema,
    you are not deluding yourself too much! 😉
    Good luck with the fasting, and may your scales be in a good mood when you stand on them!

Thanks Cinque. I think with the 500cal my best friend is my small kitchen scales and next best friend is my measuring cup. I think Im going a little nuts over this.
    All of us are in hear for the ride. Good luck to all you wonderful ladies

Cinque I didn’t take offense with the ironing comment but did chuckle at the charity store comment. I’ve been dizzy most of today but not sure if its from yesturday or the heat and humidity. Probably the latter.
    I have been feeling pretty down too. I get like that when I’m not active and because of the dizziness I didn’t do much today.
    My two female guinea pigs and our pet hare had to get chilled water today. They live in a beautiful big aviary/cage outside. I’m going out there soon to have my afternoon time with them so that will brighten me up. Harry, the hare, loves to get a big long pat in the afternoon. All around his chin and neck and along his back. It relaxes me too. The piggies aren’t quite so cuddly. So long as they are fed they’re happy. Sorry but talking about them takes my mind off me.
    I had some chocolate today in place of lunch. I know I’m bad but it was a chocolate day. Tonight it’s pasta with mince and tomoto sauce but I’ll only have a very small serve. I’ve decided to fast again on Thursday not tomorrow. It’s a better gap in the days.

Prema S I’m sure you’ll bounce back from your weekend. Don’t go overboard with fasting to make up though. I know I don’t need to give you advice though.
    Keelee I did think yesturday about being able to eat anything today. Especially last night. I did wake up once last night but I think it was the damn humidity!!! I don’t remember hunger anyway.

I really want to do this ‘diet’. If I can’t do this one I’ll have to resign myself to being fat the rest of my days. That prospect frightens me!! With all your help I hope I can make it.
    I hope everyone’s fast days are easy and your weights are light 🙂

I hope the dizziness goes Athunusia, most people find extra liquid, and saltiness, help. It is so hard when it is hot and humid. I wilt.
    I was thinking tomorrow would be hot and humId here, but now it seems it will be hot and windy, so I will be desiccated instead!
    It is so good that you did your first fast, and you slept ok afterwards.
    I am glad you treated yourself to a bit of chocolate for lunch. It is so sensible to make 5:2 sustainable long term. Make changes as slowly as you need to, and take the time to tell us all about your pets!

Morning from the wet cold n windy u.k. hehe

All this talk of hot and humid is making me long, we are in the depths of winter here its awful!

Glad you made it through the say athunsia stick with it, it does get easier, I look forward to fasting now.

Prema, just do your fast days and hopefully be good on your next 5 and the scales will be kind I hope…

Cinque, I am sorted out at home now with freshly baked cookies for my mum and husband to keep them both sweet.

Zen and Keelee best regards to you both, glad you are still around.

If I have missed anyone out apologies it’s very early here and my head is everywhere again. …

Back to mums later will post when I can but will read your exploits with my mum, she likes to hear how you are all doing….

Audrey

I feel better now that it’s nearly dark here. A nice breeze. I went out and watered plants and veggies. Mostly I grow food for the pets. Harry loves kale best and the girls love everything!!
    I drank over two litres of water today. I was sweating so much!!
    I live in the Wide Bay Burnett region of Queensland Australia.
    Audrey your Mum sounds lovely. Give her a gentle hug from me.

So glad you are feeling better, Athunusia, and that the cool breeze rolled in. You do live in a beautiful part of the world! (When it isn’t too hot and humid!)
    I hope your veggies are doing well. I had a fail yesterday, I pulled out my best tomato because I thought it had wilt, and actually it just needed water! 🙁
    Which reminds me, I had better go and water everything now, before the hot dry wind gets worse.

Hi to your mum from Melbourne, Audrey!

Hello everyone else! I hope it is a good day: fasting or non fasting!
    I’m fasting tomorrow: mindful eating today!

Hi Athunusia, plenty of fluids and give yourself a break now and then. A little bit of chocolate is good for you – complete abstinence is Not the way to do things.
    Hi Cinque, sorry about your tomato plant.
    Keep warm Audreyg.

Cinque. Oh no pulling out a good plant is sad. I think we’ve all done it though. I put compost around my agapanthus today. They are just starting to flower.
    Ooops finished off the chocolate today! I’m not buying any next week!! Just had toast for breakfast and an apple for lunch.
    Fasting again tomorrow do I’ll have to have a good dinner tonight!!
    I’m not really organised yet. It seems easier to not to eat than prepare meals in advance.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,901 through 5,950 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.