Help

This topic contains -1 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Starbuck 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I started on the 14th at 12st 12lbs, dropped to 12st 08lbs on the 18th and have bounced up to 13st!!!! I have also cut down my alcohol consumption drastically exercise every day and stay strictly to 500 cals. Is this normal?

Hi Starbuck,

I can only talk from my personal experience and say that it isn’t totally unusual. During my first 6 months on 5:2 I certainly had some plateaus and even weight gains but the overall, long term direction, was always downwards. Unlike virtually everyone else, it seems, I also weigh myself every day, not just once a week, and I’ve seen very significant differences from one day to another – even apparently putting weight on after a fast day, which seems counter-intuitive but presumably simply means less waste was expelled than average in that particular 24 hour period. I’d stick with it and see what happens over at least the first 6 weeks when you can have a longer term perspective. I’ve been doing 5:2 for 8 years now and even with a Christmas blip my BMI today was 22.8, and has been an average of 22.4 over the last year. 5:2 is definitely a marathon, not a sprint, and, for me at least, it has continued to work in the long term.

Very best of luck with it.

Hi Mr Data,

Well starting just before Xmas was never going to be easy, but there is never a right time. Also I am having no problems sticking to the 500 cals. I guess what I have read on here that nothing happens quickly. So maybe it should be called the “slow” diet. Thanks for your advise, I will stop worrying and hope.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.