Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,925 replies, has 832 voices, and was last updated by  Neilithicman 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,851 through 4,900 (of 28,029 total)

• HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!!
    Hope you all have a wonderful day!! CM xx

Morning All!! Well, I’m sitting here writing this post with a mouth full of coconut oil, doing some teeth pulling, whoops sorry, oil pulling. Not the most pleasant sensation I have to say. I’m up to 8 minutes and don’t know if I’ll last to 20.

Charlie G – How’s your back feeling. Hope you are home and feeling better.
    AC – Woohoo! 200g + 500g – that’s fabulous….keep it up, you’re going so well.
    Intesha, where have you vanished too?? Hope everything is ok at your end.
    MK88 – How was the Hockey Boy’s lasagne??
    Barata – Did you try this “pulling” thing??
    Thin – Have any more dolphins been following you on your bike rides.

We went out for dinner on Friday night and had a great meal, but felt sooo guilty I had a FD on Saturday in preparation for Sunday’s pizza party. Luckily I was so busy Saturday fasting was a breeze and came in at a PB yesterday. Pizza party was fun, but I was fairly good, apart from cake and cream. Back up .4 this morning. FD today.
    So, I lasted the full 20 mins & have just spat out my oil. Mouth feels very smooth, well moisturised & coconuty. I also have a very oily plant in the garden – hope OH doesn’t think it has some exotic disease!!
    Happy FD everyone. What are you all having for dinner tonight?? CM xx

Morning CM and absentees, glad you had a happy MD. We don’t go out on MD due to the crowds so we celebrated this morning at Deep Water Point cafe with a big breakfast – but shared with OH. I’m pretty sure he thinks he got the thin edge of the wedge as his ‘extra’ plate was smaller than mine. Teen has a study break this week so it was nice to spend the time together (she doesn’t ‘do’ exercise though so she studied while we walked. Can you believe that?) Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it, having only half of everything and left feeling full but not disgusted with myself. Nothing further by mouth until tonight when I’ll have my leftover FD chicken miso soup for dinner. No dolphins today.

Hey all, hope the Mum’s out there had a wonderful day! This place has been busy over the weekend with talk of oil pulling and coconut wraps- I’ll have to give them both a go 🙂 I was oil pulling for a little while, a year or so ago. I wouldn’t think it’s a good idea to reuse the oil you’ve pulled with, in my experience it’s a lot of slobber in there with it and of course, those nasty toxins that you’ve pulled! Didn’t know not to spit it into the toilet or sink though, that makes sense! If I try it again I’ll let the plants have it 😉

FD today, I had a huuuuuuge sleep in so didn’t eat anything until 2pm and I’m hoping I can cruise through the rest of this afternoon!

CM hows your back? Lasagne went down a treat with the hockey boys, thanks (any form of home cooked, hot food will go down well with a bunch of 20 and 30 year old men though won’t it!) I had a small piece and took the rest in to work just to be rid of it! Intesha, hope all is well with you and you were looked after for mothers day xx

My Vegetti just arrived from China taking quite a bit longer than anticipated. According to the box, the make is Thermomix! No instructions included and I didn’t want to destroy my only zucchini so tried it out on a carrot and a potato per picture on box. Totally useless. Then tried the zucchini and it makes excellent strands just as advertised. A nightmare to clean afterwards as veg gets stuck in each of the blades which are inside the cone. For $6.95, I’m satisfied that it will make courgette spaghetti but whoever it was that spent considerably more, I don’t think you should feel bad.

Hi MK – Too many Charlie’s! It was my dodgy foot and Charlie G’s bad back. However, my foot is feeling much better thanks!

Funny I was just about to ask you about that thing, Thin! At least it arrived. I found a julienne peeler at my local Chinese supermarket on Sat. So have bought that to try…$6.95…must be an uncle of the guy you bought yours from! Then I found some terrific looking ones at the big kitchen warehouse joint. They were also peeler-style, a bit more expensive, but not too bad – say between $18-25. Though, I know I won’t get that “cute curl” that the cone-shaped one give you. Have 2 zucchini’s lying in wait to be “spagettified” tonight.
    On that note – FD dinner for me will be a new 5:2 experimental meal! Lean Cuisine have just released a new “Malaysian Chicken Laksa” soup bowl. I’m not normally into that type of stuff, but at 178 cals, I though it was worth a try….the things I do for you guys! Handy to keep in freezer for emergency FD dinner. Will be adding my gorgeous zucchini-etti to the bowl too. Will report tomorrow….stay tuned.

I wonder if anyone has ever analysed the “pulled-spit” to see what is actually in there??? Probably just slobber & oil……Bon Appettit! CM xx

Ahh sorry, getting the Charlie’s confused! But glad to hear your ankle is getting better. Well done on your PB yesterday! I was 65.2 this morning so reeaallly hoping tomorrow or even after Wednesdays fast I will come in under 65! Your dinner sounds delish, I’ll have to try those new asian meals, they’re much lower in cals than my slag bol! Good idea beefing it up with some zoodles too.

Thin, glad it finally arrived! I’m intrigued to have a play with one and taste them, I love zucchinni so can’t really go wrong. Think I’ll invest in the real deal after your not- so- glowing review of the knock off version 😉 What are you making with your zucchini noodles?

Sorry CM, I forgot to congratulate you on your new PB, good job girl. MK88 you’ll be in the 64s tomorrow, I know it. You both deserve it.

I only spagged the zucchini to try out the machine as I’d planned to have leftover chicken miso soup (132 cals) tonight following the big breakfast. Teen walked past and her face dropped when I told her why I was turning courgette into spaghetti. Pasta is one her favourite foods and courgette is her least favourite vegetable. Not that I was going to feed it to her. Anyway, I found this 99 cal recipe so maybe I’ll do this instead.

1 large courgette (36 cals)
    1 tsp olive oil (27 cals)
    1 clove garlic, crushed (4 cals)
    2 tomatoes, chopped (28 cals)
    1 jalapeño pepper, chopped (4 cals)

Heat oil in frying pan on high heat. Try using a flavoured oil such as garlic or chilli. When hot, toss in courgette and stir. Fry 2-3 mins, stirring regularly.

Combine the cooked courgette with garlic, tomatoes and jalapeño pepper and warm through. A generous seasoning of salt and freshly ground black pepper finishes off the dish.

Hahaha I can picture that face, Thin! I get looks like that from my husband when I’m concocting something with quinoa or any form of exotic vegetable. Can’t imagine your daughters least fave veg being subbed in for pasta would go down well at all! So hope I get under 65 tomorrow! I haven’t seen that number since I was dropping weight for my wedding! Thanks for the support Thin, enjoy your dinner 😀

MK – Well done…hope you see that new number tomorrow……very excited for you.

Sounds lovely Thin, but WHERE’S THE MEAT!! Joking…. Actually I really enjoy the old Zuch. I do a recipe very similar to your’s with cajun spices, but think I’ll try your idea next time. Your poor daughter…thinking she’s eaten her last pasta dish and now her food crazy mum is going to start feeding her zucchini instead!
    Actually, you just reminded me. I had a delicious houmas dip with chopped jalapeños through it yesterday. It was yummo and really moreish. I just adore spicy food.
    Anyone watching Masterchef?? I’m a bit of a MC junkie. CM xx

Don’t forget to weigh in before you start eating this time!

Don’t forget Mr M on SBS tonight at 7.30. Talking about the toxic satan….sugar! x

Morning All! Very quiet out there today…..Intesha, please let us know all is ok with you!

So, to my review of the Lean Cuisine Malaysian Laksa. I thought it was quite tasty & would be a good emergency FD meal. I REALLY find it hard not to tweak things! So, as I felt it needed more seasoning for my taste, I added a splash of fish sauce and some hot chilli sauce and it was much better. Now, to quantity – I thought it was a bit light on, with next to no chicken – although there were some vegies. I added our vegetti zucchini strips and, as I was starving, chucked in some Slendier too and a splash of water. It was excellent with these modifications, and if I’d had some spare chook floating around I would have added that too, but it wasn’t necessary. 178 cal + extras of about 20cals. So, at a smidge under 200, its worth trying, or at least having as a backup in the freezer.
    The CM Star Rating – Untweaked *** …… Tweaked **** ½

Let me know what you think when you’ve tried it too! CM xx

Hi CM, thank you for your concern. I’ve had a bit of an emotional upheaval the last week and just didn’t feel like communicating with anyone. I’ve also let the fact that my weight seems to have plateaued, can’t get past that 80, get to me and that on top of other things really depressed me.

I have kept to my FD days, today being one of them and tried to watch what I eat the rest of the time. I have read all the posts and everyone seems to be doing so well. Well done to you all.

Intesha, times like those are exactly when you should be posting, not keeping quiet! We all have a whinge from time to time especially when we hit those plateaus. You’ll get into the 70s soon.

So MK88, I was up and out early this morning but, with the time difference, I hope you’d have already posted your weight so had a peek – nothing from you! Come on, ‘fess up – are you in the 64s today?

CM, we watched the MM show last night. Toxin or not, avoid sugar where possible I think!

Hope you’re having a good day all.

Hi fellow fasters,
    Thanks for asking about the back and yes I am home from hospital, and much heavier. Food was all carbs, and even though I hardly ate, not moving did not help.
    I am now beginning to walk, although I still cannot sit up for very long, getting around the farm very slowly on four wheel bike.
    Came home starving for salads, OH has been wonderful, looking after me. Only four cows left to calve, and to whoever it was that asked ages ago, our calves stay with their mums until they are nine to ten months old. Then the boys that have been castrated go off for slaughter. We keep enough girls to be future breeders, along with the young bulls that we sell for breeding.
    Back to doctor and physio tomorrow, for referral for scans to see what damage I have done, and to find out when I can start fasting again. At present I am not allowed due to the drugs they have me on.
    Hope everyone thats a mum had a great day on Sunday.
    Cheers everyone, Charlie.
    P.S. Sorry for the long post.

Good to hear that you’re back from hospital Charlie. Although it sounds as if you’ll need to be patient with the recovery process, and I wish I could live closer to be there to help out, or at least offer you a gentle massage.
    Don’t give up hope with your return to good health and the 5:2. I know you’ll be fine, eventually. Physios these days have a good understanding of ways to effectively rehabilitate vertebral disks, specifically using exercises.
    Take good care and keep on posting, big soft hugs xx

I wish you a full and speedy recovery Charlie G. And a return to your 5 and 2 life and health when you’re ready for it. Please stay in touch. How are you doing IHAW?

Hi Thin, things are great here after all the crazy weather the other week.

Slowly nibbling away at the plateau, and have bought the slendier noodles, but haven’t gotten around to cooking with them yet…haha!

Midget and Gigit are learning to scratch and wise chooky habits from Milly, our elderly australorp. Chooks are so entertaining!

My hubby and I have had a fun week of salvaging some amazing hardwaste before it goes to landfill, with the council clean up. Found an old violin in its antique, black wooden case! It was well loved, but good condition; as well as an aboriginal dot painting, a surfboard, a new weather station, an unused Oxford dictionary, two chairs (one hardwood, one cane), a chest of drawers( now converted into stylish shelves), and two sets of as-new bedside units. One set is holding all of my craft bits, the other set has found the perfect space showing off some candles and my vases.
    It’s stunning and occasionally shocking how much perfectly good stuff people throw away. If my darling Nan were alive she’d be shaking her head and tutting at everybody’s wasteful ways. And I would agree with her!

After watching Doc Mosley’s program last week about resistant starch in the digestive system, I looked up more info online and was happy about what was said. Cooking, cooling then reheating starches has a beneficial effect to dampen-down the starch’s capacity to spike the glucose in your blood after eating it, as well as the calories able to be digested by the gut!! So potato salad and sushi are better for you than freshly cooked hot rice or potatoes…..who knew??
    So cheers for now.

Hi all
    Interesting about starches ihaw- one day if I ever eat one again I will do that. Sounds like great scavenging- a lately discovered some great renovation paint that gives the French shabby chic look and goes over just about anything- and it’s done wonders with some of my daggy furniture.
    Charlie G sorry to hear you are suffering- difficult managing a farm when you are not able-bodied- my husband suffered a spinal injury from a congenital issue 6 years ago and is a partial paraplegic now so we just potter along trying to feed ourselves organically from the farm now- still love living here. Please remember to not push to hard with a bad back- backs don’t like it!
    Intesha- I feel the pain- I have really struggled over the years. At the risk of sounding obsessive- haha- none of us are obsessive about weight loss- I found weighing myself every day really helped me understand what was putting on weight between fast days. For me, one of the culprits was rice crackers! Paleo/ no grains along with fasting works for me but I thinking weighing every day helps you fine tune to your individual body. Did you all see the 5:2 newsletter about shifting to 4:3 to get off a plateau- obviously lots of people- I think mostly women- suffer from this. I started doing the 4:3 but it is tough- I prefer not to eat grains but at least eat food 5 days a week.
    You will find a solution- most important is to not give up.
    I am fasting today as have been away for 4 days- put on 300g which should be impossible on a ketogenic diet but hey that’s why I fast as well!
    Have a great day all

IHAW and AC, I enjoyed reading your posts while sipping my coffee (with almond & coconut milk). More uplifting reading than the ‘news’.

So, you’re a tip scavenger IHAW! What great finds. I agree that people are very wasteful. I’m a huge fan of verge pickups and have rescued numerous perfectly good items from neighbours’ verges. OH can fix anything so, among many other things, we have a perfectly good vacuum cleaner discarded because it had a sock stuck in it, a really nice lamp after OH fixed the switch and a stereo which I took to Cash Converters after OH repaired it and got $200 for our trouble. Maybe I should take him for a field trip to the dump.

I watched the Mosley programme with the starches too. Interesting. But last night I had the ‘courgetti’ instead of pasta – and it wasn’t even a FD. Perfectly good substitute and I still had the sauce after all.

AC, poor OH. What do you mean by a partial paraplegic? Is he wheelchair bound? I weigh at least once a day. It gives me good feedback. I’ve hovered around 63.9-64.6kgs for a couple of weeks now but I’m in no particular hurry to shed that final 3-4 kgs as I know there are new challenges associated with being at goal weight and this is working fine for now. Teen took a very flattering photo of me the other day – for the first time in this 5:2 journey (and in my adult life), I can now accept that I do look slim.

Too bad that all you loving farmers are not closer. Teen is a vet student and struggling to secure the required prac placements in WA. Her course was changed from 6 to 5 years which means that, this year, there are two cohorts competing for the same number of farm placements. She’s doing a pig farm in Albany in July (brrrr) – no accommodation provided – and trying to get a mustering placement up north in January. 50C? that sounds really tough to me. We might have to shell out for an interstate trip if nothing comes up soon.

Thin- 65.3!! I swore out loud and hubby walked into the bathroom to see what the matter was only to see me standing starkers on the scales, hands on hips and a big frown. What a site first thing in the morning! I was not happy with that but I believe in the power of positive thinking, what I believe, I can acheive so I am certain I will see 64 tomorrow after todays FD.

Intesha, sending you a huge big hug. I feel like you and I seem to lose and plateau together! You have already come so far and you have been so pleased with your loss to date so focus on that, focus on how happy you are with your loss and more loss will happen. I know it’s hard not to get down when you’re not seeing the results you’re working so hard for but this WOL works in waves I think, you can lose 3kg in 4 weeks and then 100g the next 4 weeks. Pleased to hear you’re sticking with your FD’s, your perseverence is admirable.

Charlie G, so glad to hear you’re home, no rest for the wicked aye! Back to work already! As everyone has said, please do take it easy. Imagine how much worse your back would be and slower your recovery would be if you were heavier?

Thin, thought of you this morning as I sipped my almond and coconut milk latte. Such a yummy, warm way to start the day and well under the calories of a regular skinny latte! How lovely to see a photo of yourself that you like, I imagine you look great if you are hovering around 64kg! My best friend is a vet nurse, tough job. I admire your daughter and hope she finds work close to home!

AC you are a good girl doing 4:3, wish I had your determination! I’ll plod along slowly at 5:2 for a while I think. IHAW I need you here! We are moving next week and I have a list of furniture I’ll need in my new house. Moving is so expensive and filling this new house is going to be too!

MK88 🙂
    (Feeling the cold a lot more jow that I have less meat on my bones! We are currently having storms and hail here in Melbourne. Bbbrrrrrrrr )

Hi thin and MK
    Not bad hovering around at and under 65ish- well done- how much have you both lost since starting?
    How lovely to have the slimming photo! My daughters said they need to come shopping with me because I bought a couple of things which they say are definitely too big! My 22 year old says every time she sees me she gets a shock at how much smaller I am- really good reminders on a FD to give added motivation- haven’t eaten anything yet!
    Thin he has nerve damage so his whole left side is numb and below his right knee as well- he can walk in the morning but even on a good day can’t really walk in evening- on a bad day he can really only stagger short distances. He is a legend though-takes no pain meds so avoids other complications and cut his calorie intake by at least half so he hasn’t put on weight- also walks as much as possible to keep well but yes it has been a journey- he was a furniture maker plus farmer so his life has been about being really strong and physical. I am pretty sure that his condition has added to my hypertension!
    Hope you daughter finds something soon.
    MK I am only on 5:2 now with hardly any carbs on non fast days- the 3 days was tough!
    Too bad we can’t post photos- would love to see you guys!

I always think that too AC, would love to see CM’s puppies and Thin’s lovely photo. Your husband sounds like an absolute trooper, I really admire people who make the best of a bad situation and make do with what they can. Thank goodness he has handled the damage so well, sounds like he has fantastic support at home too. I have been doing 5:2 for 9 weeks, I started at 69kg and have lost 4kgs, soon to be 5kgs I hope! You should definitely let your daughters take you shopping and buy some clothes that fit you well and make you feel good! If we can’t reward ourselves with food then I think we can justify clothes shopping 😉 How much have you lost so far?

MK88, sorry the scales have been annoying you. I have great faith in you though and I know you will conquer them. Didn’t realise I had so many FD buddies on a Wednesday – when I joined this forum, everyone seemed to be doing Mon/Thurs. It’s 11am, back from walk, will do some household chores, have another coffee, maybe renew my passport and that should take me well into the afternoon before eating.

AC, your husband is a trooper indeed. Good for him for not letting that condition beat him. And good for you too, you sound like a very determined & positive couple, well done with yuor respective achievements. Agree with MK88, get yourself some nice clothes. I’m still working my way down through the sizes in my wardrobe but I did buy a couple of new items along the way. My daughter remarked that I hadn’t made a choice that showed off my weight loss – and I realised I’d bought the same old baggy style top, albeit in a smaller size, that ‘hides’ the flab. So, take your daughter with you!

I’ve lost 19kgs AC, with 12 of that attributable to 5:2 as I had already lost 5kgs before finding this new WOL. That 5kg took me from Jan-Aug to lose last year and if I hadn’t discovered 5:2, I’d have gained it all back by now for sure.

Agree with you both, it would be fun to see all our ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos.

19kgs!! Thin I had no idea! I must have missed your previous posts where you stated your loss. That is incredible, you should be so proud. I hope Intesha sees this, what an inspiration.

Sounds like both you girls need to hit the shops this weekend! You don’t need to hide under baggy tops, even if there is still a bit of tummy to hide, there are so many flattering shapes and fabrics out there. I’m a fan of anything that fits well around the waist and flows nicely over the tummy as it is slimming and hides my pouch!

I think there are a few of us Wednesday fasters 🙂 I like to do mine the same day as OH and he has to do his on days where he isn’t training. It’s good getting them out of the way for the week too! Having a great FD today actually, sounds like you’re doing well too Thin, enjoy yor arvo feast 🙂

Thanks AC and MK, I guess when you lose so much in the first few months it gets frustrating when it comes to a stop. I do weigh myself daily and realise there is always a certain amount of fluid retention. I just desperately want to get under that 80 which seems to haunt me. I look in the mirror and can see the changes I actually have some shape so I’m pleased with what I see. It’s just impatience.

Yes MK I did know about Thins Weight loss and all the other fabulous losers. It’s all a personal journey for us all and these inspirational posts do keep me on the straight and narrow.

Keep posting Intesha, we’re with you. You’ve done very well so far especially considering what you’re going through with your parents. I attribute much of my loss to the support received on this forum and being allowed without judgment to post the highs and the lows (although with us losers, it’s the other way round of course!). Just knowing that others experience these plateaus is helpful and, really, who cares how long it takes as long as we’re not gaining. But if you are really impatient, you could try 4:3 for a week or two just get you over that psychological hump and into the 70s (easy for me to say, I’ve never done it!).

MK88, when you start your family, (the pregnancy I mean), I’m really gonna miss you on here! You’re a huge asset to this forum. Thanks for your kind words and you’re right about the clothes. Good luck with the move. I’ve lived in the same house for 20 years and we moved here from round the corner! How’s OH enjoying the new job? You have a lot of exciting changes going on in your young lives.

So far, I’ve consumed 22 cals today (MK88’s milk). OH has gone to a movie (sci-fi, I don’t like them) and he’s done very well so far today with only 124 cals. I have the old standby cauliflower soup simmering, man, I’m getting set in my ways. Can pureed cauliflower soup be frozen? I know raw florets are OK but cauliflower in curries, etc seems very soggy when de-frosted.

What’re you up to today CM? Coming down your way tomorrow to that Perth Hunt thing I mentioned where you get locked in a room and have to solve clues to get out. If you never hear from me again, please send help.

Funny you say that Thin, I was thinking that the other day too! I’ll probably still pop in from time to time when I am pregnant though and see how you are all going and tell you how much weight I’ve gained that week haha. I love this forum for it’s support but really enjoy chatting to you all through the day too and don’t want to miss out on that. Plus I am sure you’ll all be as full of wisdom through pregnancy as you have been through weight loss!

Nice to hear from you Intesha, as Thin said, when you’re struggling, come and chat to us. We can all relate and we’re here to help eachother, advise eachother and support each other so don’t deal with any of your upset alone. I’m pleased you can see the difference when you look in the mirror! Let that spur you on, you have so much to be proud of, especially with what you’ve had to overcome.

OH is really enjoying his new job thanks Thin, he’s very happy there and the perks are just out of this world. He spent today being sized up for a new bag full of 2016 golf clubs which he will have replaced yearly. We are so excited for our move next week! We have his inlaws flying over from NZ for a visit and to help us move and I think to take a break from OH’s Nana’s dementia troubles. It’s taking it’s toll on OH’s Dad, they need a getaway. And what better holiday than packing, cleaning and moving all your kids cr*p?! You’ve probably posted it before, but can I please ask for your cauli soup recipe? OH and I have almost got through our frozen stock of butternut and kumara soup!

CAULIFLOWER SOUP (103 cals per serve)
    Serves 2

400g cauliflower, chopped (100)
    2 cloves garlic (8)
    1 medium onion (38)
    2 cups chicken stock (15)
    2 tbs light sour cream (44)
    ½ tsp pepper
    pinch nutmeg
    ¼ tsp cayenne

Dice onion and garlic, saute in a little hot water on very low heat until soft.
    Add cauliflower, pepper, stock, bring to a low boil.
    Cook 10-15 mins until cauliflower is soft. Blend.
    Return to pan, add nutmeg, extra water and seasoning as necessary.
    Warm up and stir through sour cream.

Please verify your own cal count as I find they vary widely depending on where you look.

Wow, I can only wonder what kind of job gets you a set of golf clubs thrown in! That’s great that the kiwi rellies are flying in to help you with the move.

Just been to the gym. Over the last two months they had a competition, 30 workouts for 30 minutes over 60 days. Guess who got the surprise of their life to be awarded third prize for the most weight lost in 8 weeks, 2.1kgs.

Thin do you need your passport in case you can’t get out of your box!!!!! You make me laugh.

MK if you and OH ever get to the UK my son- in-laws family own a golf course.

Congratulations Intesha! What was third prize? Good thinking on the passport, I’ve no idea what to expect with that adventure.

What a terrific reward intesha. We all need to remember that weight loss is actually not that fast even when we are putting in our best effort- so often our expectations are unrealistic and we are too hard on ourselves. As the old parable tells us- slow and steady etc……….
    MK I didn’t know you were planning for a baby! How exciting- I have 4 babies but they are aged 15-24! I have absolutely loved being a mother even though I have always worked part time as well.
    Thanks for the recipe thin.

Hi all

my tummy is disappearing, or rather returning, I thought it might be a good idea to use a hula hoop. Bits of plastic in my day, now weighted and magnetic. I remember reading ages ago that someone used a hoop, was it on this thread?

If so any help, best type, whst weight, would be appreciated. Loads of choice on ebay but soooo confusing.

Have a great day/evening.

Blimey, you lot have all been gas-bagging today!! Great to see everyone back on board! Epic post – sorry girls.

Hi Intesha – So glad to hear from you. Thought you might be having a tough time. Remember that a problem shared is a problem halved. We’re here for you anytime to listen and help if we can. I’m in a plateau myself, bouncing up and down. So please stick with it, you know it works. Well done on today’s award! Big hugs & a lick from Charlie too.

CharlieG – Glad you’re home and on the mend. Maybe our hospitals need to serve some healthier foods instead of loading the patients with carbs! Just goes to show how badly they affect us. Perhaps some nutritional re-education is needed. I’d even lend you Charlie to keep your feet warm, if I could, but he’d probably chase the cows! Take it easy.

IHAW – Yes, wasn’t that amazing about starch and reheating pasta. I’m a kerbside scavenger too. Have some gorgeous chairs in the shed which I’m about to paint & recover. Picked up an almost-new weber bbq trolley + cover, just after I bought the bbq….and it was the right size! Filthy but came up as good as new. Gotta pick your suburbs though. Classy suburbs = good junk! OH hates it though.

AC – Sorry to hear about OH and his back injury. But you guys are amazing – managing a farm the way you do, as well trying to be self-sufficient. Well done, you two. What is the name of the paint you use for “washing” your furniture? Is it Annie Sloan Chalk Paint?

Thin – Glad to see that your brain is finally starting to understand that you look slim. It’s been that way for a while now, you know! We both seem to be bouncing around – I’m between 64.2 & 65. Haven’t seen a 63 yet, but hanging out for it. I’m fasting today too – Mon & Wed for me. Recorded the Dr M sugar program, but haven’t had a chance to watch it yet…sounds scary! Haven’t thought of recycling stuff thru cash converters – what a great idea. Yes, your cauliflower soup can be frozen. Have a cauli in the fridge now, so will try your recipe. Thanks

MK88 – Hope the house move goes well. I bet with all that hard work, it’ll kick-start your losses again. You’re right, this does all go in waves and we just have to be strong and stick with it. Down 4kg… so, that’s fabulous! Yes, clothes shopping is good for the soul….& we’re saving sooo much on the grocery shopping to justify it too. BTW, you’re NOT allowed to leave us just because you get pregnant!! You’ll ned a much better reason than that.

Maybe we should start our own private Facebook page just for us to exchange photos and stuff!! CM xx

Milena, you conjured up great images of 5 and 2ers all over the globe hoola hooping. Can’t help you with choosing one but let us know how it goes; you might revive the craze for Scotland. We have a pogo stick in the garage but I’d probably break my neck…

Yeah, CM, you were missed today but you’re here now. Re: the cauliflower soup, thanks for the answer on freezing and you can substitute plain yoghurt for the sour cream or just it leave it out which I do when I don’t have either.

Re: cash converters, these days it would be gumtree.

So, another FD draws to a close, well done everyone. Look forward to the next installments.

Thin I received a drink bottle (BPA free), cooler bag, magnetic fitness towel (attaches to metal equipment) and a vanilla lip balm.

FD for me tomorrow. Goodnight all.

Hi Milena. Wish I could help you but I’m not a hula hoop expert. What a great way to regain your waist, now your tummy is coming back again! Great job!!
    Thanks Thin. It was such a busy day. Can just imagine you hopping all over on your pogo stick! Used to have one in the distant past! Yes another FD almost over, today was pretty easy, though Monday was terrible & I was starving all day. I think all those carbs in Sunday’s pizzas was the cause. It’s happened before, so I was more aware this time. Won’t do that again. Have a lovely evening everyone. CM xx

What terrific gifts, Intesha. You must have felt so good being recognised like that. Hope you have a good night’s sleep & wake up feeling like the winner that you are. Look at how well you’ve done & don’t be so hard on yourself. i feel proud that you have stuck with our WOL even though you’ve had a couple of tough weeks. You’re a star. Keep going. CM xx

Grrrr I will not let it upset me, weighed in at 81 start of FD, I hover between 80.1 and 81 since 29 April. It’s just frustrating but as you all say, persistance is the key word.

Doesn’t help that I am going into the city tomorrow to have High Tea with some friends but I do need these days out to get some of my mojo back. Thinking about going into town and I realised we haven’t heard from Purple for awhile. Are you still out there Purple??

Only 3 degrees here this morning.

Hi all
    I have tried twice to post and it didn’t so this is just a quickie to see if it works before I write my message for the third time!

Hi AC & Intesha. Have had the same probs. Now writing posts on Word, then cut & paste. Was losing too many msgs. Going blind typing this on my phone, will post later when back on PC. CM xx

Hi all and happy fast day to you Thursday fasters out there 🙂 Thanks for the recipe thin, I’ve been eating my 5:2 soups on feed days too and going through it really fast so will make cauliflower soup this weekend! It’s much lower in cals than my butternut and kumara one. Have fun tonight, if we don’t hear from you tomorrow we will assume you are still stuck in the box! Let us know how it is, sounds interesting! So I finally got my 64 this morning!! It was a 64.9 but still! 64!! I was thrilled and celebrated with a monte carlo biscuit before I’d even had breakfast. Talk about self sabotage. I’ve eaten well today since though.

Congratulations Intesha! Even when you feel like you’re not doing very well, you are STILL making impressive progress. You really needed that boost, I’m happy for you. With a bit of patience and perseverence you will see 79 on the scales before you know it. Hang in there and keep chatting with us, we’re happy to support you and like hearing from you.

AC, thank you 🙂 Not trying just yet as we have my sisters wedding in Thailand in March but will start trying before Christmas and see what happens! I promise I will not leave, me and my expanding waistline will be here to make you all feel better about your thinning wasitlines!

CM and CG, went and snuggled my friends newborn in hospital on Tuesday and she said the same about the food, crackers and cheese, bread rolls, sponge cake and sandwiches. Hardly fuelfor recovery and breastfeeding! You will lose it quickly CG, sounds like you have pretty physical work through the day!

Milena- great idea about the hoola hoop, I might give that a go too! I’ll just grab a standard cheapie like we used to have as kids i think, I can’t imagine the expensive, complicated ones do much more for you?

MK88 xx

Hi all
    I hope I am 4 th time lucky with posting this time! Very happy this morning- new PB of 72-not down to you yet MK 88 but still terrific. It is the 4th step out of six with my goals/sub goals.
    CM I am about to experiment with paleo pizza bases so if they work I will share- had a paleo pizza on weekend and for the first time ever pizza didn’t make me put on a kilo- and it was truly delicious- so as you seem to be grain sensitive like me it might be worth a go.
    The brand of coconut wraps is Jimalie.
    Returning to shopping- I know I mentioned that my own wardrobe is like a shop- for the first time I fitted into some jeans I bought 5 years ago except I need to do some sewing as they are flares- they need a new life as skinnies! My daughters would kill me if I went out in flares.
    Hope your back is continuing to improve CG.
    I am having my second fast day of the week tomorrow so never know could lose some more.
    Have a lovely evening everyone and stay warm!

We’re out of the locked prison cell but only because the buzzer went and we hadn’t yet solved all the clues. Drat, I don’t like to be beaten like that although our ‘warden’ did say that not many people solve it the first time. The only consolation is that we could have called out for clues on our walkie talkie but we were too proud, so next time I would do that as we spent the first half hour completely on the wrong track. Once we understood what we were supposed to be doing, we did quite well. But not well enough to solve it. I won’t give any more away.

Anyway, I really only wanted to say how happy I am for both of you AC and MK88. Great job! I’m with you Intesha, a psychological barrier, I’m a bit stuck on 64.1 but even that’s pretty good considering I had chocolate this week. Good prizes for your weight loss and very topical as we were talking about the plastics. Hope your high tea was fun. A girl needs a bit of fun now and then. Do you have four girls AC?

Anyone from Perth/Fremantle lurking out there? Please identify yourselves if you’d like to meet me and CM for coffee next week.

MK88, good, we have you for a few more months at least then. It will be funny if you stay on the forum and contentedly report your steady weight gain…that’ll confuse ’em!

Hi thin
    That’s nice for you and CM! I am all the way over on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland. I have 3 girls and one boy all of who. I adore although 15 year old girls can really drive you crazy- have you had one of them?
    Forgot to say that I am now 14 kgs down with 6 to go!

Hi Everyone. Such good news today. You are all such a positive group and I miss it when I can’t post some days.
    Intesha, enjoy your high tea, you deserve it. Isn’t it great that we can still enjoy these things without feeling like we’re failing or cheating…..and I agree with Thin about the psychological barrier. I just can’t break into the 63s….but it’s close.
    Thin, we’re the same weight today! Glad you “escaped” last night – might have had to come & rescue you!
    Well done too, AC – wow 14kg as well as a PB.
    MK – yay for you..into the 64s! You won the battle!

Beautiful day here in Perth – just back from the beach. It’s been 24 today & 28 for tomorrow! Planning a beach bbq tomorrow night. Hope we’re not making you too envious. Have a wonderful evening. CM xx

The beach! Really? Wow. Which is your fave local beach CM? What time’s that BBQ? Well done on 64.1kgs, great news for you too, especially after M’s Day pizza and cake. And just in time for that cruise.

AC, that’s a fabulous loss, wish you’d started posting before. We’re late life parents and just have one daughter. She’s never given us any grief – other than the fact that she already knows everything! So your 15 y/o is your youngest of four – you should be all relaxed everything by now, no?

Viewing 50 posts - 4,851 through 4,900 (of 28,029 total)

You must be logged in to reply.