Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,912 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  Intesha 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,351 through 3,400 (of 28,016 total)

• Hi I am a 60 year old female and have just started the 5:2 diet. Any help with my diet as I am a 90% vegan I do eat some cheeses such as feta and halouni so foods are very limited, I also have gerd which is a reflux problem so my diet is very again limited, mostly I eat salad and stir fried vegies, I would say my problem is that I don’t eat regularly as I can eat only one meal a day but do I eat then can’t stop so very imbalanced, find it hard to eat 3 meals and snacks a day but hopefully know am onto it so let the diet begin. Good to join you all. 🙂

Hi everyone.

Welcome Debbie and congratulations on choosing this way of life/eating. Please keep letting us know how you’re faring. Our experiences often help someone else.

Bay, thanks for tip on silk shirts – will definitely try it because I would wear them more without the ironing. I usually wash them with the woollen things because they’re both protein fibres but will follow your method.

Keep up the good work all.

Welcome Debbie. I am a vegetarian and have no problem with 5.2 way of life.
    I make and freeze Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese at 100cal you can add Splenda noodles if you want. It is quick to make.Taste delicious. I also eat veggie soups. On a different fast day I might have stirfry with satay tofu. I usually don’t go over 400 cal. I also have green tea and water during the day.I fast Mondays and Thursdays.
    Enjoy VM

Hi all and welcome to the newcomers.
    Well I am back from school camp last week and I survived (kinda). Food was good although a little heavy on the bread, and I abseiled, swam and did a 10k mountain bike ride (this nearly killed me). The kids all seemed slightly shell shocked – my lazy daughter included!
    Fasting going well, it seems very natural now and it’s nice not to be thinking about it too much. I have given myself an early Xmas present and hired a treadmill for 6 months so hopefully my fitness will be improving along with my general health.
    My OH saw his GP last week and mentioned that I was doing 5:2, she said she was seeing some amazing results with a few of her patients who are also doing it, lots of lowering of blood pressure and steady weight loss.

Hi all, I really enjoyed all the posts over the past few days. Discovered that plumber’s a poet and Charlie’s a female. Sounds like you’re keeping busy on the land. Lovely to grow your own food.

Moulin, I find I tend to visit this page more when I need a bit of group support – so don’t be a stranger when you’re finding things hard. The only thing I could find wrong with your intake was the diet tonic with your G&T. Now that I couldn’t deal with. Schweppes full strength tonic water or nothing at all! Just joshing. Since we have to endure 40C+ days on occasion throughout summer here in the west, I do all the same exercise things but just get up earlier and get home before it gets so hot.

prc46: Happy Anniversary and a toast to you for that as well as your marvellous charity work. I join IHAW in saying that it is so heartwarming to learn of the good things people do in our world when there are so many seemingly out to destroy it.

kix1973: It seems that Mon and Thurs are the popular and sensible days (or you could buck the trend and join me on Sun and Weds).

Have a great week everyone.

Hi everyone. Hope your week has started great. Last week was my first week fasting and I managed monday, Tuesday & Thursday. On Friday the scales were looking great then the weekend came!! I think I stuck to the correct calories with food but I went a bit over in the wine and now the scales only show a 1kg loss. I’m Fasting again today. What is the recommendation of food choices on non fasting days? Should I not eat carbs? I have seen a few posts about wheat being the enemy. Thanks for your advice

G’day – two of us here in Melbourne just starting on this diet. Had our blood taken today for the basic testing (GP is as interested as we are to see how things progress). We had to fast overnight anyway for the blood tests so thought we may as well start from today.

We each had 2 small boiled eggs for a late post-test breakfast and had a day out so had pre-planned the type and size of Boost Juice smoothie to have later in the day that would give us maximum protein without going over the 500/600cal limit, as we didn’t think decision making at that point was a great idea.

Bit hungry and tired now but we survived! Going to try to jump on the Mon/Thurs bandwagon.

Hi star and kaz, welcome to your new way of life (WOL) and well done. 😆

Fasting is for your health and there are no foods forbidden. If you want to lose weight, then it is a good idea to lower your intake of processed carbs and sugars. If you read Michael Mosleys book, there are some useful food suggestions. Don’t forget to drink 2 litres of water a day. Eat lots of green vegetables and some lean protein each day. Get some form of exercise each day. Walk to the bus, run for the train. Run up stairs rather than take the lift.

May you enjoy this WOL. Be kind to yourself. Remember we are in this for the long haul, not a sprint.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Thinatlast,
    You can blame my father for my name, he wanted a boy, so although my mother named me a normal girls name, my dad always called me Charlie. I only got my real name when I was in deep trouble.

Scales were not kind last week, weight stayed the same, just shows that I need two days to fast, and with a work road trip I was only able to fast for one day.

To those of you in the West of this country I feel for the hot weather that you have had that is now coming our way.

Not looking forward to the coming fire season, we are already dry, and expecting 34 degrees on Saturday. I am looking for Autumn and summer hasn’t got here yet.

Enjoy the rest of the week. 🙂

Charlie

HI all
    Interesting discussion re what to eat. As Bay says. there are no rules, just calorie restriction. But to feel full and satisfied follow her advice. The leafy veg really fill you up, give you the necessary fibre you won’t get from, eg juices, and take time to eat (can be a salad, stir ‘fry’ or soup) and the lean protein feeds the brain and sustains you. Starchy carbs (bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, flour) give you a lot of calories and actually make you feel hungry.

Personally, I have wine on non fast days. I would always choose a glass of wine (120 cals) over a piece of cake or dessert (350 cals). It is all a matter of what pleases you. OH and I have been at our goal weights for 6 months, after losing 58kg between us (the equivalent of my bodyweight now). We fast twice a week (not back to back) have only a light dinner with a glass of soda water on fast days, but on normal days we drink wine. Have followed this practice for 19 months now.

Learning to choose food wisely (bulk not cals), reduce snacking and limit portion size seems to be the key. We also don’t eat ‘by the clock’ any more, but when we are genuinely hungry. We weigh twice daily and adjust our eating accordingly.

Great way of life. Healthy and sustainable. Cheers all, PVE

Oh dear P!

There are occasional stories of the sewers being blocked by ‘fat-bergs’. I now have a mental image of a ‘fat-PVE’…the fat you and OH have shed, taken human form, and wibble-wobbling in the sewers beneath Aus. Keep the toilet seats down, else ‘she’ may come calling….!

Thanks Happy. ….what a great image 🙁

Welcome Star and other first-time fasters.

PVE, just grinning to read that you weigh twice daily – that’s me! After 12 weeks of this WOE, I’m still not used to my weight increasing after the first fast of the week yet going down overall after the second. I am sure I will come to trust it in time. I seem to be losing about 300gms a week now which although slow, is trending in the right direction so I am very happy.

Charlie, before my daughter was born, my Dad tried to get us to choose a masculine name – he suggested Charlotte so she could be known as ‘Charlie’. His reasoning was that people reading her name would assume Charlie was a man and she’d get more credibility and respect in a male-dominated business world. We called her Stephanie.

As for the heat and bush fires, I agree with you – roll on April! Although, in our household, we have a bit of a weird relationship with bush fires as OH makes a living from aerial fire fighting.

Well, I think my 30gm oats have expanded to a quantity that almost resembles a serving so I will sign off now to enjoy my breakfast.

Hi Thinatlast,
    I take my hat off to your OH, both my hubby and I are Country Fire Authority (CFA) volunteers with more than 30 years experience each. That’s why I am nervous about this summer, however we survived the 2009 fires and we are busy putting all our prevention plans into action.

On the weight loss front after one fast this week I am very happy as I am done nearly a kilo, and I have had another good fast today, had to go early this week as we are doing a long road trip to get parts for farm equipment and then Friday I am another year older, and very happy as I am 25 kg lighter than this time last year.

How I love this WOL. 🙂

Cheers everyone. Charlie

Hi Charlie

Congratulations, wow, 25 kg in a year. Woohoo! Happy Birthday and fantastically well done. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Purple

I thought of you as I bought a pair of purple mesh casual shoes today. 😉

Glad to have you back. Bay 🙂

Happy birthday, my hero farmer girl! Brilliant work and results Charlie!

Same with you purple! Maintaining great health for six months is wonderful, and will pay great dividends.

You both deserve a big loud round of applause and a huge hug for being not only fantastic, but achieving so much!

Thanks for all the advise. I too would choose wine over cake 🙂 A huge congratulations on your weight losses. That’s making me even more determined to succeed. I cancelled my weight watchers membership today as it cost $73 a month and will stick with the 5:2 diet now. Have a great week everyone.

Suffering from very sore eyes at the moment, so can’t read and reply as usual.
    Have a good trip Charlie. Happy fasting Thursday people. P 🙂

Yeah go Charlie! How inspiring, well done, monumental achievement. And Happy Birthday for Friday! Safe fire season to you both.

Star: good idea, ditch the weigh-watchers – you don’t need to pay $73 a month to have people congratulate you for losing for weight – we’ll do it on here for free!

No congratulations in order for me today. I plateaued 🙁 this week. I’m not altogether crying in my beer though; in 12 weeks I’m down 5.5 kgs, my BMI is down from 27.5 to 25.9 and my BP is slighter lower too. And I have learned some valuable lessons about feast days. I hope.

Well done to all who continue to lose or maintain your weight and who’ve improved your health and invested in your future. You’re a great inspiration. Thanks for posting.

Take care of your eyes, Purple. See you when you feel better. 🙂 Bay

Well done, thinatlast, keep on keeping on. 😆 Bay

Hello everyone, I’m a 62yrs young living in Coffs Harbour. I just finished my 2nd day. Going really great. Had my gallbladder out 3 weeks ago and lost a bit of weight so thought I would continue on. Weighed 98kg before op, down to 95kg after 7 days in hospital. Did 5:2 last Mon & this Thur, now 93.3. Couple of questions, sorry if they have been asked before. In the 5:2 book it says that you should fast for 12hrs, so if I had breakfast I couldn’t have anything until tea? Also I find it hard to sleep on my fast days, I keep thinking about what I’m going to have the next day for breakfast. Looking forward to getting healthy. Good luck to all.

Happy Friday everyone,
    Congrats to all, there have been some very good progress and support here. I love it!!

I have a cold so yesterday my second fast day for the week was easy. Two sweetvine fruit cups and a wonton soup. A 180 cals in total. Weighed in today and 59.9 🙂 .

I know it is mainly fluid but I may as well use it to my advantage. Am having some strawberries with a little greek yoghurt for breakfast as I need to have some protein. Although am struggling to eat it.

No change in measurements but after 10 weeks I have lost nearly 5kgs. So am happy with that.

One query I have is waist to height ratio. Does anyone understand that?
    Have a great Friday everyone and I hope the weather is good to all. those wanting heat and those wanting rain.
    Jane

we really do need a like button on here. I forget who posted what.

Hi Birdlady
    My understanding is that it is healthy for your waist measurement to be less than half your height.

Hi Caylene
    Welcome to the thread and to your new way of living WOL. I’m not sure if this might help with sleep. On fast days, it’s a good idea to save at least half of your calories for a meal later in the day. And to go to bed fairly soon after eating.
    If that doesn’t suit your metabolism, try a warm drink just before bed.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi there
    Just finished my second week. Doing the Monday/Thursday routine, as most seem to do. I tend to manage on tea/coffee for the mornings and eat at lunch time, then again at dinnner time and easily sticking to the 500cal.
    Happy to report that this morning’s weigh in saw me down 3.7kg (since start) and 19cm off my waist.
    And the best part…. on my off days, Im just eating what I normally eat, not even thinking about it, or calorie counting, or stressing… feeling fantastic. No more “dieting” for me ever again. Yippeeeeee!!!
    Have a fab day everyone

Hi Nicky
    Thinking of you in the heat today. Hope the winds don’t fan any bushfires. 🙂

Hi Ozzylass
    Well done on your weight loss of 3.7 kg in two weeks. It is a very good achievement. Over what time frame did you lose the 19 cm off your waist?

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi bayleafoz,
    The 19cm is also in two weeks. 11cm off the hips too. In fairness, I should say that I have a heck of a lot to lose, almost 40kg, so I think my losses will be quicker at first than say someone who only needs to lose 10 or less kg.
    It was great yesterday having to keep pulling up a pair of new pants that I bought for my birthday mid-October, that were, shall we say, very snug at the time. 😉

Hi everyone and happy Friday, whether fasting or not.

Happy birthday Charlie.

Thanks for thoughts Bay. Not so bad here yet but certainly potentially difficult. Earlier this week OH serviced the bushfire pump and checked the sprinkler system and yesterday went round the house with the brushcutter and laid the spring growth – probably not going to get much more now so more efficient to deal with it in one go.

Purple, hope your eyes are getting better.

Hi Ozzylass and Caylene. Well done on your progress, you have chosen a sustainable method of weight loss and health improvement. Please keep posting your progress and occasional regress – that happens to all of us.

Birdlady, hope your cold is in retreat soon. I had one a week or so ago and found it very easy to fast, despite the general opinion that fasting and illness shouldn’t go together.

Star, TAL is right, ditch the WW and we’ll give you all the cheering for nothing.

Thinatlast, well done on loss despite plateau. Same here, scales stubbornly at the same reading for about 4 weeks with no especial sinning to account for it but waist measurement has dropped. I would say it’s weird but has happened before so know that one day I’ll get on and there’ll be a dramatic drop as inexplicable as the stationary readings in the weeks beforehand.

Now having been following IF for 9 months the routine requires no serious thought and my eating habits have gradually changed. The slowness is good because it allows long-standing attitudes and practices to change without much effort on a day to day basis.

Had cauliflower ‘rice’ with prawns last night – zipped up the cauli in the food processor and gently fried in a little oil with curry spices, onion and green beans – OH hates rice (could read his mind as I put his plate down) and he was very complimentary – another win!

Keep up the good work everyone and thanks for your posts – you are all inspirational!

Thankyou Bayleafoz will try your suggestions. Cheers

Thankyou NickyF I have a long road ahead off myself, but with the help and support from all the lovely people out there I know I can do this. Cheers

Hi Caylene (I think! It’s hard to keep track of who’s saying what when there’s a plethora of posts) I’m on my tenth week now and struggled with the non-sleeping but doesn’t seem an issue anymore.. As Bay said, on fast days I tend to have my meal around 7-8pm and then go to bed .. Lately I’ve been making sure i have enough cals left to I have some warm milk with honey before bed.. I think this helps .. Just having strawberries and some miso soup earlier in the day with some black coffee (and I’m having a run of good brand mineral water! atm) cheers everyone, you’re doing so well!

Well done, Ozzylass. Congrats on your fast loss. Make sure to get some form of daily exercise and to rub in a quality skin cream, to help minimise wrinkly skin. Also, prepare yourself mentally for the inevitable slowdown, so that you accept it and enjoy the journey. As Nicky says, this WOL slowly retrains our eating and lifestyle habits.

If you read the posts, you will see that we all sit on a plateau every now and then, even those of us who lose weight quickly. For four months, I have been happily sitting around 60 kg. My chosen WOL for health reasons is 5:2. During the last two months I have lost another complete size in clothing, while staying the same weight. I have also reached the healthy waist to height ratio of 0.5. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Welcome all newbies. Thanks for the encouragement Bay and Nicky (and well done, I’m in awe of you both). You’re right, since this is a change for life, it doesn’t matter how slowly we shrink, in fact I believe less dramatic changes are healthier for the body.

Caylene, I too found it hard going to sleep feeling hungry so, since my first week, I have ‘banked’ a hard boiled egg on a fast day. 90 cals and it really sticks to your ribs as your grandmother would have said. I usually have this around 8pm and, by 9pm, I’m asleep as I find I get very tired early on fast days – which is good as I get a decent night’s sleep. On a fast day when eggs form the ‘dinner’ such as asparagus tortilla (259 cals), I reserve half a banana (55 cals) instead. It just takes the edge off. You can still dream of breakfast which, by now, is well in sight!

As for the 12 hour fast period, I also found this confusing at first but what I’ve gathered over the past 12 weeks from Michael’s FAQ at the top of this page, re-reading the book a couple of times, and from insight shared by long-time fasters on here is that it doesn’t matter how you divide your 500/600 cals but there may some anecdotal evidence that longer fasting between meals may be beneficial. So, you could go as long as possible before having the first thing on the fast day; break it up into several small intakes during the day or divide the cals between breakfast and dinner. My neighbour has all her cals at breakfast and nothing else all day – don’t know how she manages that! Whatever works for you.

Oh and Happy Birthday Charlie!

Hi Birdlady

I forgot to say Congratulations on your 5 kg loss over 10 weeks. This is really good steady progress. Well done in choosing your new WOL and sticking with it. 😆

Cheers, Bay

Well said, thinatlast.

Congrats to you too. I agree re fasting as long as possible without food. However I note that it is easier after a few weeks of this WOL to lengthen the fasting time. I think the trick at the beginning is to learn NOT to graze. No nibbles between meals. And to drink lots of water.

At the very beginning of this WOL, I spread my food over 3 small meals and now I’m down to two meals on a fast day. Just black tea or coffee in the morning, then soup or tuna or egg salad for lunch/ brunch. Then dinner of lean protein and steamed green vegetables around 7.30 pm. In bed by 9 pm.

All the while making sure to drink my two litres of water. I have a measuring bottle for my water. Otherwise I’m inclined to fudge. 😉 and I keep busy on fast days. Gardening, walking, scrubbing the house.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thankyou Thinatlast, On my first night of fasting, last Monday I went to bed at around 8.30 was still awake at 11.00 so I had a banana and went off to sleep, I wasn’t as bad on Thursday, so yes the 1/2 Banana may work. I’m off work at the moment but was worried for when I go back to work as I get up around 5am, I work in aged care and will be buggered if I don’t get enough sleep. Thankyou

Hi everyone, and welcome to all the new fasters. It has been a while since I have posted as I had a bit of a forced absence from fasting. I developed bronchitis and I really didn’t want to add any more stress to my body. Thankfully the bronchitis is now pretty much gone, and I am now ready to start back with the fasting. I’ll start again on Monday. However, despite not fasting I have still lost a smidge more weight and am staying stable. Not sure whether it is all the coughing or whether it is lessons learned that is the cause of the weight loss, but I’m pretty happy with the progress. I never had a huge amount to lose, only 8kg but I’ve achieved half of that already. Now I just need to get fit.
    HB 🙂

Hi all,
    Thank you to one and all for the birthday greetings, makes one feel younger not older.

On eating for fast days, at the start I had three small meals a day, now one year on I save all food to the end of the day.

To those who have a lot to loose, stick with it, this is a lifestyle change, I am down 25kg in one year, and I still wish to remove another 40kg which will put me 3 kg over weight at the end, and as this will be a long journey I will just stick with it.

You plateau from time to time and this gives your body time to adjust as it will continue to reshape even when you think the weight is not coming off.

Bay, how do you do those animated smiley faces, you are very clever.

Well have a good weekend every one

Charlie

Hi Charlie

Type the symbol for colon : then lol, then the symbol for colon : then space

Do not leave any spaces between the colon, lol and colon. 😆

If you type two spaces after the colon, you will get a full stop. The full stop (or any other form of punctuation) will stop the animated face from appearing.

For a wink you type : then the word wink, then : and a single space. 😉

Cheers, Bay

Hi everyone I’m a newbie here although I have been reading the forums and found everyone so inspiring. You are all amazing and very helpful. I started this 7 weeks ago but my non fast days I went overboard and just ate bad foods. I am now settling into the diet and reigning in my food on non fat days. I started this for health reasons my cholesterol is in the danger zone and I have heart disease and altzheimers in the family. I don’t find the fat days to difficult (except when hubby decides to invite people up and order pizza! I didn’t have any) but do struggle to sleep and will try the suggestions on here. I have lost 2.5kgs and would like to lose another 10 but am just aiming for better health. Hope you ask have a great weekend. I do the Monday, Thursday fast as it works in with my job. Thank you all for the great advice. I also generally don’t eat until 11:00ish every day as in not hungry until then. Thanks Monica

Welcome Monica. I too had to learn how to handle the feast days in the first few weeks. We all have to work out what works best for us, so well done (especially declining pizza when people around you are having it). I still go off the rails sometimes.

Charlie, I’d like to start changing my fast days to your type of regime. When you say you save all your cals until the evening meal, would sipping on herbal teas throughout the day be contrary to that? I just can’t handle black tea or coffee. I bought lots of different flavoured Twinings herbal teas as a little taste bud treat on fast days. The packets state 20 cals per teabag which I can see could add up quickly, so I re-cycle one bag for 2 or 3 cups during the day.

Now to try bay’s tutorial: 😆

Hi Thinatlast,
    I would think that as long as you count the calories of the herbal teas you would be right. As you say you are using them multiple times so you only need to count each fresh one.
    I have black coffee for breakfast really weak, as I normally only have it with milk on non fast days, then I drink water for the rest of the day.
    It took me many months to get to be able to just have one meal at night, and breakfast was the first to go because it seems to wake up the hunger bugs 😆
    Bay, thank you for the tips on how to animate our little faces,
    To everyone, have a great week, and try to stay cool those in the areas forecast to be hot, windy are dry.
    Cheers, Charlie 😉

Happy Belated birthday Charlie, I couldn’t remember whose birthday it was on Friday.
    I have the twinnings lemon and ginger herbal infusion tea. they are 8 kj’s according to my fitness pal app on my phone. Which is great I find for tracking how much I eat on any day.

Welcome to the new people. I Have just started last week only having my herbal tea for breakfast as well as three glasses of h2o.Then some wonton soup for lunch and veges or salad and some grilled chicken. I had a head cold and found fasting quiet easy but I think am getting used to it. Also on non fast days I am not craving the high carb food like I used to. Although did have wine chocolate and cake yesterday, but didn’t eat until the evening.
    I hope I continue to loose steadily.
    Wow Ozzylass 19cm off your waist!!! Way to go.
    Enjoy your week everyone and happy fasting for all those tomorrow (including me).
    Jane

Morning all, happy fast day to everyone!

I just caught myself thinking back to before I started 5:2 and some of the small things that bugged me about my body, that I thought I’d have to put up with for ever, but which have changed after nearly 19 months of this wonderful, experimental way of eating…

* the tattoo on my tummy is considerably smaller, and has taken back on its original dark colour.
    * the soles of my feet are no longer sore and heavily cracked, now they feel pain-free and smooth.
    * my back-fat has disappeared, along with my boobs shrinking…happy to give away those 16D bras and return to more a much more comfortable size 12B!
    * I fit better in car and plane seating now, no squashing required.
    * now I’m even happy to show off my legs…which is something of a revelation, a joyous one at that!
    * planning on buying and wearing a bikini in the very near future….letting go of the old, sensible, black, one-piece…feeling like something colourful and tropical to wear!!! Hahaha! (It will mean that not only will my legs be showing, but so will my tattoo!)

Anyway, cheers for now and keep up the great work!

Hi Ihaw
    I KNEW you were that belly dancer in Tim’s video! I can just see you flaunting your tummy tat!
    I wonder how poor Tim is getting on? It’s frustrating when we lose touch with someone we have become fond of.
    Did my back in during the weekend lifting a grandchild awkwardly. I probably need you ihaw to give me some back work!
    Thanks Nicky, my eyes are improving, but I will have to switch off again after this post 🙁
    For the newies:
    I have been on 5:2 for 19 months. I maintain by doing a really good fast on Mondays…24 hours with no food, then a salad with a bit of fish. Sometimes have a dessertspoon of yoghurt or a tiny veg pattie (21 cals) to settle my tum before sleep. On Thursdays I start off with the best intentions, but somehow rarely make the 24 mark. I tell myself…’make it to 12′, then extend it ‘make it to 2’ etc. Thursday fasts usually end up as two small eating periods…about 3, a small salad and at 7, the usual fast dinner with OH at night. As I’ve been at goal since last April, I find this works for me. I don’t stress if I can’t make it, but try to have 2 fasts a week still as it keeps me on track and seems to stop me making inappropriate choices on feed days.
    All the best fasting today SHs. P

Good morning all.

Well done on losses everyone.

Purple, glad your eyes are improving, but now your back? Do look after yourself, you are needed both in the real and electronic world.

First of my usual b2b FDs today. Scales still stubbornly stationary but waist has shrunk more, with a total of 18cm gone since I took up this WOL at the end of January 2014.

IHAW and Purple you are nothing short of inspirational!

Keep up the good work all.

Great insights IHAW, PVE. Too bad we can’t devise a year book like our children have in year 12 where they show all the baby photos & you’ve to match who’s who. It would be fun to try and match the new bodies with the forum posts. Speaking of the tattoo, what have you all done with your excess skin? There must be miles of it.

Charlie & bird, I sipped on Twinings pomegranate and cranberry tea yesterday and, as it was 36C, decided to put it over ice. Very refreshing. I didn’t make it past 11.30am to have my first feeding but it’s a start. Strange weather here in Perth; today we’re enjoying a thunder and lightning storm – with very little rain.

I’ve experienced an annoying plateau for the past couple of weeks. I haven’t lost faith. I have a suspicion that bread and me don’t mix. I like Nicky’s idea of the ‘cauliflower’ rice. Stupid question – is it raw when you blend it?

Happy fasting day everyone 😆

Hi thinatlast
    Yes, you break the raw cauli up a bit before you put it in the blender to reduce it to rice size. Then cook the chopped onions in a little water to stop them sticking, add the cauli, flavour (I just use veg stock) and cover with just enough water to cover. Do it in a wide frying pan so it absorbs/evaporates quite quickly. Keeps for days in the fridge, too.
    As to spare skin? Would you like some? I guess it gradually shrinks back. Tight clothes hide a multitude of past sins 😆
    P

Viewing 50 posts - 3,351 through 3,400 (of 28,016 total)

You must be logged in to reply.