Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,911 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  Anzac65 7 hours, 35 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,601 through 14,650 (of 28,015 total)

• Good morning Cali, we crossed posts!

The stew in the recipe uses whole mung beans with their green skin on. Hence the need to pour boiling water on them. They are quick cooking though. I think it is only a couple of hours, after the boiling water goes on, that they have swelled up to double their size, and then they only take twenty minutes to cook soft (maybe even less, I need to experiment more).
    I thought the dip recipes might use the mung dal, but apparently not. Very yummy looking!

Keep warm! But if you are shivering you can console yourself that you are making brown fat!

Edit: Good grief, we went through a page in two days!

The heat wave finally broke here yesterday. Thunder storms and very welcome rain through the night. We get 3 days of mild temperatures before another stint above 35C. I have my fingers crossed that the temperature falls by 30th as the electricians are here that day and I don’t think it’s safe in a roof space on a hot day.

Cinque, I felt a bit weird not fasting yesterday but I am happy to do it today, glad I have some company.

Cali, So glad you like the teas. I always worry about making recommendations because almost everyone I know dislikes the teas that I do – and vice versa. They are expensive products to be left with if you don’t like them. Because I drink a lot of tea I find the best value way to buy them is in the 250g foil bags – this is cheaper than the 100g boxes. All of the most popular teas are available in the bags, but some of the more unusual flavours (like “Hot Date”) only come in the boxes. Check to T2 website to see if they offer free postage if you spend a certain amount. Here it is $75 and I just order enough tea to get to that limit – that’s about 3 months supply for me.

Penguin, No I don’t have your house bugged. Chicken soup for a cold is famous. When I was a child my mother made chicken soup with finely dices veggies and noodles in it. It was a regular part of our meals, but was always made if we were ill.

Lj33, I agree with Thin’s advice. I would also add that I wish I knew I didn’t have to eat breakfast (I finally cut it out all days as it tend to trigger my appetite). I also wish I knew that I needed to find my own way with 5:2 without thinking I had to follow all advice given. Just because something works well for someone else doesn’t mean it will for me. I found I needed to experiment with things like: which meals to eat on a fast day, what to eat, when to schedule fast days. After trying different variations I settled on an approach that feels comfortable and is easy to do twice a week.

Now that I’ve finished my morning cuppa I have to head out. I’m off to buy tiles, sink and tap for the kitchen remodel. I have the carpenter coming this afternoon so I need to know the specs for the appliances and the sink, so that the kitchen design accommodates them. I won’t have the appliances until 29th but I have bought them so I have copies of the installation specs.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi everyone
    Thanks for all your well wishes for me daughter’s wedding. It was a fantastic day/evening – not with out its problems but it all worked out.
    I’ll ask CalifD to post a couple of photos- I won’t bombard you, I promise- FB is another matter, that’s being totally bombarded 😀
    I was at goal weight on the day!! 👍😊
    The guys broke a rod from one of the spits-too much meat ? The flowers, including flower crowns the hairdresser wanted to put on the girls hair arrived 90 minutes late. They still got to the wedding on time and the pizza man was busy until the meat was cooked and there were also cheese platters and chicken wings, but it was a festival type wedding with people wandering around to get drinks and food even during the speeches so that didn’t matter
    I think it all went better than expected. It was hot 32 degrees but as it was 42 degrees the day before, people were happy with the “cooler ” weather. Haha That’s not to say people didn’t get sunburnt. We had 5 tubes of sunscreen at the bar and also in the toilets. We danced til 3 am and many camped overnight. OH cooked bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms and tomato on toast for about 30 people.
    A lot of people helped with cleaning up and taking down tents and marquees, after that quite a few went into the river for a swim. Most of our kids and grandkids came back to our house while presents and cards were being opened and we had cheese and crackers and apple and pear ciders. We allowed them to go home when they’d eaten more meat and salads that were leftover , and put in containers to take home.
    We are fortunate that the guy who lent us the cool room that’s on a trailer doesn’t need it yet so we can empty the rest of the food today.
    OH is doing a round now of returning marquees, tents, cafe umbrellas etc and hire companies are coming today to pick up tables, chairs toilets. A friend is picking up the pallets that were made into couches with cushions. Another trip to pick up home made bar and icecream counter, spits and wine barrels should see the paddock ready to have the cows back in there 🙂
    Life should be back to normal tomorrow when I’ll be looking after 2 of my grandchildren.
    I’ll post again that’s not all about me separately

Hi everyone, again,
    LJoyce, I didn’t realise you were redoing your kitchen as well- you won’t want to leave after everything is so nice and new!
    Calif, I always put on at least a kilo over the weekend. I think I’ll have a Monday and a Friday goal. If Friday’s goal isn’t met I’ll have to be less social over the weekend 😀
    Cinque, I had to laugh at your confused face. I will ty that mung bean recipe too when I find mung beans.
    Penguin, that sounds heavenly to me at the moment- being holed up with a wood fire and eating ( I didn’t put the rest of your sentence in haha) hope you both feel better soon.
    Hi, to new contributors to this forum it will be a pleasure to get to know you better. I have nothing to add to the others comments. I eat as late as possible too but like an early dinner as I never eat after dinner, anymore.

Have a great day/evening everyone!! Stay cool/warm xx

Stay, It sounds as if the wedding went very well, so please you had a temperature drop. Good for you being at goal weight on the day. I’m not a FB fan, so I’ll wait for Cali to post a couple of photos.
    I have a long list of repairs and updates to do before I sell the house if I want to market it as fully renovated. I completed a reno 12 years ago and some things are showing their age. I’m not replacing the kitchen, just one section of cabinetry and benchtop that’s showing wear and the appliances. Thankfully the only thing I have to change in the bathroom is the grout and silicone as it’s a bit discoloured. I had good success this morning with my purchases (although a lot more more driving than I’d planned). This morning, for the grand total of $191 I bought the sink, tap and kitchen tiles – that’s much better than the $2100 I spent on appliances.

I’m just having a pot of yunnan tea (black smoky flavoured tea leaves – definitely an acquired taste). The cabinet maker is due at 3:30 so I thought I’d take advantage of the nice day and do a little gardening. As it rained overnight the ground should be soft enough to pull up weeds. As I left this morning I saw my resident magpie on the lawn watching the ground intently. As usual I had a chat to him/her. The look I got in return was easy to read – a loose interpretation would be “Do you mind, I’m trying to catch my breakfast and your chatter is frightening all the worms away.)

FD going well so far – 2 pots of tea. I have left over veg & chicken stir fry with konjac noodles for dinner.

Hello from Borneo!!!

I wrote a big post at the airport before I left Australia talking about cheesecakes and facebook but just as I was about to post it the airport internet stopped working and they announced our boarding. In the end and in my rush to try to save and post later I ended up loosing the post altogether and was so upset about it because I had put a lot of time commenting on everyone’s posts.

I am just going to let you know what I have been up to now as my internet time is limited while I am here in the shipyard.

Singapore’s hotel was lovely, really unique and I could not stop taking photos of both inside and outside, especially outside from every angle streetview!!

We walked around the area before dark and checked out the markets, restaurants, lovely old buildings and a hawkers food market which we ended up at for dinner later that night. I was very disappointed in this though and ended up not eating much at all. The gyoza OH bought was deep fried although he had asked for steamed and we had waited nearly 40 minutes for it!! We think he forgot about us and then just cooked it quickly, tick that place off the list of returning!! Then I wanted to try the hainanese chicken rice, of which I was going to eat some of the chicken and not too much rice and OH was going to get something chinese stirfry with heaps of vegies and we would share both. This did not work out quite as we thought and OH ended up not buying his dish because of the gyoza mix up and I ended up going slightly hungry for the evening. OH said he had eaten much better hainanese chicken rice while in Miri so hopefully I can try it for lunch or dinner one day while here.

One nice thing though was the happy hour at the hotel before we went for dinner. They had lovely crab stuffed mushrooms, teriyaki chicken bites with yogurt and mint sauce and tiny hamburgers on toothpicks with cucumber and tomato, made of top grade mince with very little fat. Thank goodness we had some before we went to dinner or I would not have lasted the night. They also offered ice cold water with cucumber and mint which was really refreshing. I am wanting to go back to this hotel in Singapore again, but when we return on our journey home we have booked into the hotel we usually stay in while visiting Singapore.

Miri, Borneo is not quite as I expected although I will say it is better than I expected. I think I was expecting it to be similar to the Philippines with a lot of slum areas but although the buildings are not all new and they seem to be tightly packed together and built in a disorganised way, they dont look like they are slum areas. We walked around a bit yesterday, I felt reasonably safe for my first visit, but probably would not do it on my own especially with my camera equipment hanging off me, just in case.

The hotel room is huge, the bathroom is bigger than my kitchen and dining room put together, even though the hotel is not that new it looks as if the bathrooms have been renovated. We opted to stay in the hotel for dinner last night as all we found during the afternoon walk was takeaway places like KFC, MacDonalds and cafes like Starbucks etc. We checked out the rooftop restaurant and asked if we needed to make a reservation. We were told yes we did. At 7pm we took the lift up to the restaurant to find we were the only people dining in and they had set up a table especially for us in a corner overlooking the park opposite that was petitioned for privacy!!!! OH and I both laughed over having to make a booking!!!

Breakfast was in the same restaurant this morning but there were heaps of people there this time. The breakfast had a good variety and I started with fruit and natural yogurt, then an omelette with a sample of a cabbage dish, some chicken in soy and pineapple juice with coffee.

So now here I am at the shipyard sitting in the boardroom. I have been out with OH to inspect the two vessels being built and done my part of the job for the day taking all the photos he needed for his inspection. The rest of the day will be spent answering his emails etc. Tomorrow I am going to spend the day at the shopping centre next to our hotel and see if I can find some interesting bargains.

I seem to be able to feel if my weight is staying ok or if I am putting it on. While in Japan in November I did not put any weight on and felt good about myself. My body did not feel bloated and my clothes felt good too. Over Christmas/New Year I started to feel bloated and my clothes felt tight and when I did weigh myself I had put some Kgs back on. Recently I lost those extra kgs before I left for this trip and I am still feeling good about myself. One good thing in Miri is that it is hard to find wine and if you do it is about $50 a bottle for the cheaper end wines, so I will not spend that money for wine. Last night I had one drink at dinner and it was a Mojito. I read that it only has white rum with lime juice, mint and soda so opted for this as it did not have a lot of alcohol in it.

I have found that the dishes that you order at restaurants here actually tell you the calorie content in the menus. Helps when trying to choose a dish and you dont really know what it is made up of.

Have to go now and will try to catch up again soon.

Stay, the wedding sounds just lovely, and a wonderful day to remember. Ten degrees down from the previous day is a blessing. 42 is dreadful, 32 just fine.
    Julie your trip sounds very interesting – where did you stay in Singapore?
    I’m on my second fast day since my island holiday and I’m struggling a bit. I didn’t eat until 3pm, but could have easily started my day with my usual (black coffee, toast and promite). I’ll have an early night and be ready for a NFD tomorrow.
    I struggle a bit with FDs at work – usually just take a couple of sachets of miso, or a soup with some konjac. But….a couple of days ago I found a 450 gram prepared coleslaw which came with its own little packs of dressing. ham and croutons. It’s not something I’d buy usually but the loose salad vegetables at my local Aldi looked pretty tired and those in the pack didn’t. Anyway, made up, the pack is 400 calories, and I’m trialling a whole pack (half for lunch, half for dinner) today. It may be just the trick for work – some fibre and more filling than the miso.
    Little miss started Prep today – she looks so tiny, in her school uniform. I’m just waiting to get the phone call to tell me how she went. Another milestone.
    Hope FDs are going well for those who are doing them, and ditton for NFDs, for those who aren’t.

My miso soup is cooking, broccoli and shiitakes, and I’ll add chicken.

Stay, what a wonderful wedding! Looking forward to the pics! What a fabulous day to celebrate a life together. Best wishes to the bride and groom. And hope you can rest now!

LJoyce, I hope it has been a good fast day for you. Was your infusion pretty easy to recover from this time?

JJulie, hello to you in Borneo. Sounds great. Hooray for doing so well with the food!

Lindsay, I so hope it was a good first school day for that prep girl!
    I remember my mum being amazed at how little her grandchildren looked starting school, because when we started she thought we were big!
    And I hope the coleslaw was wonderful. It would be a good thing to keep you going at work. Have you come across salad jars? https://hurrythefoodup.com/how-to-pack-a-salad-in-a-jar/ in case you can’t always buy one.
    (I think I might make some again!)

Soup time! Bye!

Fremantle Food Trucks

If anyone has time to advise what would be most educated choice out of this menu calorie wise I’d be very appreciative 😊😊. So far a water fast day but this is for my siblings birthday so can’t do a no-show but also don’t want to waste a water fast day…….
    http://www.eatnoevil.com.au/
    Thank you so much.

JJulie, sound like the food in Borneo has been a mixed experience. Amazing that they have calorie count on restaurant menus, I wouldn’t have expected that. I hope you are having a good time.

Lindsay, apart from soup and salad the only other easy options for a FD work lunch that I can think of are: a punnet of strawberries – 64 cals for a 250g punnet. Or some raw veg pieces (carrot, celery etc) and a little hummus.

Cinque, yes my FD has gone well. I’ve just reheated and eaten the stirfry.

Time for my 3rd pot of tea for the day now.

Lindsay, we stayed at a hotel called Oasia Downtown. The hotel on the outside is covered with plants while the building is red. The contrast in the colours make for good photos. Also there are large openings for the outside entertainment and club room reception/lounges on the 21st floor which is where we spent most of our time. Our room was on the 25th floor.
    When we return to Singapore on the journey home we will stay at the Rendezvous Hotel. It is part of the same hotel chain as the first hotel but it is in a different part of the city and more central to shopping.

StayinThin. That wedding sounds like the fun event of the year and a day that will give your daughter happy memories. Well done.

Good morning,
    Just enjoying my breakfast-after-fast-day and a cooler day.
    Hello everyone and best wishes for your Tuesday! (or Monday if it still is!)

Cinque, I broke my fast with strawberries and a pot of tea.

EliC, I had a look at the menu. I assume when you mean you don’t want to waste a water fast you mean you are prepared to actually eat something from the menu, as long as you stay under the 500cals. It looks like the menu can change on the day, but from the options listed I think the following would be suitable for a FD:
    Sticks:
    – charred street chicken, kaffir lime, lemongrass
    – Cannarvon tiger prawns, fermented chilli, lemon myrtle
    Tostadas: (eat the topping and leave the tortilla base)
    – cevice snapper tostada, green apple, shallot, pepperberry
    – paperbark smoked salmon, labneh, raw beetroot, worm salt
    When choosing from a menu on a FD look for low calorie proteins (seafood or chicken), preferably grilled. Combined with veg, preferably lower calorie vegetables. Be careful of high fat or high sugar dressings and sauces.

As I’ve mentioned I have been eating more extras than usual – especially more bread, more fruit, more nuts and even a few biscuits that I found hiding at the back of the pantry. Not to mention that jar of pistachio butter I bought last week (250g jar, and there’s less than 100g left). Because I know I’ve been overdoing it on NFDs I added an extra FD to the last 2 weeks.
    This morning I felt I needed to know whether this had kept my weight stable. It hasn’t, I’ve actually lost a kilo since 1st January. It is the lightest I’ve been since mid-2016.
    It’s a bit of a surprise and I’m wondering if it’s the extra activity I’m doing with painting, sanding, etc. I am spending a lot less of my day sitting at the moment.

I had planned to just do 2 FDs this week and I think I’ll stick to that plan. It looks like my body can use the extra calories as long as I’m on my feet and active for most of the day.

I went out early this morning and decided to do a backyard clean up as the gardener is due this afternoon. Under my huge walnut tree the grass was completely covered with leaves, bits of branch and masses of whole green unripe walnuts and lots of empty shells – there was so much that the grass was barely visible. All this mess is created by the cockatoos that strip the walnut tree every January. I don’t mind them eating the nuts as the entire crop is too high for me to reach and pick, but they do make a mess that covers about 30 square metres. I raked it off the grass and decided to use it as mulch, mainly on the hydrangeas. Now the gardener will actually be able to mow the lawn. The only downside is that I’ve added yet another blister to the collection I’d acquired from the paint roller! It seems like anything with a wooden handle does not get along with my hands.

I need to get to the painting again this afternoon. It will be nice to paint without having to cope with the heat.

Good morning fasters and non-fasters. I’m completely out of touch with recent posts so will just jump in.

Stay, so glad the wedding was a success, it sounded very relaxed especially the after events swimming in the river and people camping, etc.

JJulie, I read your account from Borneo, very interesting, and couldn’t remember a single thing from our trip to Kuching and somewhere else beginning with D. I want to say Damai Beach but that may have been in Kuching. I never mind if an Asian hotel is a bit old and tired looking as long as we have spacious rooms. I don’t enjoy pokey little boutique rooms. It’s funny when the bathrooms are larger than the bedrooms! I enjoy a mojito occasionally and it was one of the cocktails I supplied to guests at my 50th birthday party, many moons ago.

Cinque, did your FD go well yesterday?

Lindsay, children grow up so fast don’t they? Enjoy the grandie milestones! I bet they are a joy. And one I doubt I’ll experience for many years, if ever. I see a lot of granddogs and grandcows in the future.

EliC, I clicked on your link but didn’t really see a menu. Sorry I didn’t have time to go through the website. They have food trucks on our foreshore from Nov – Mar. OH and I walked past the other night and I didn’t notice any I’d like to go back for. None seemed particularly healthy. There were an awful lot of overweight people crowded together down there. Our suburb has changed so much – when we came here, it was largely undeveloped and so unpopulated that keepers could walk the elephants from the zoo (which is in our suburb) at the river every morning. Nowadays, you could be anywhere in the world and hardly hear English spoken.

I was cleaning out my fridge and came across a long-term resident large jar of soy bean paste. I couldn’t recall why I’d bought it and was about to jettison it but decided to look up its qualities and saw it’s primarily fermented beans. I’m too embarrassed to admit its ‘use by’ date but wondered if anyone else uses it and whether, being fermented, it matters if it’s very old? JJulie, LJ, Cinque, I thought you might be able to enlighten me?

LJ, I just saw your post while I was compiling mine – well done on the weight loss! There’s a big difference between standing and sitting all day. The tasks themselves may not be huge calorie burners, but the fact that you’re probably on your feet vs. sitting down most of the day can make a lot of difference. And then the added movement of going up and down ladders, etc. I often stand at my kitchen counter to work on my laptop. For some reason, I seem to do this more on FDs.

Hi and good morning,

Thin I do not know a lot about the soy bean paste because it is used alot in Korean meals, but it is used like miso and is just as good for a low calorie soup.

Try doenjang jjigae, korean soup that can be quite low calorie if you watch what you put into it. I have posted a recipe here but maybe not put in the potato and bulk it up with good green vegies.https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/doenjang-jjigae-geotjeori-bibimbap

As far as being old, when using white miso I make sure the colour is not too dark if it has been in the fridge for a long time, but having said that I had an unopened container of white miso for a long time and the colour did not change until I actually opened it. I think the oxygen once opened may have something to do with it.
    I would not throw it out unless it has mold growing on the top, and even then it still might be ok if you take all the mold away and use the fresher stuff underneath, like I have done in the past!! A small taste test might help.

Yesterday’s lunch…..we were taken to a local street restaurant where I was introduced to the local style chicken rice. A small amount of yellow rice with a small plate of chicken cooked in a soy sauce base. It was quite nice and although I could have eaten a whole lot more than this serving, in the end it was really all I needed for the rest of the day. I am hoping it was not too high in calories as it did not seem like it would be.

Last night we were taken to a local Malasian/chinese where they specialised in Chinese steamboat dishes. This was a very lightly flavoured clear soup base with mushrooms, tofu, cabbage, tiny chicken balls, thin chicken with a small bowl of rice. I also tried a local green leaf dish that looks a little like spinach when cooked but a hard more chewy consistancy that is cooked with garlic and scrambled egg. It is a side dish and was very tasty. I will have to get the name of it from our hosts.

The other thing I was introduced to was a drink called 100 plus. I was a little worried it would be high in sugar so expressed my concerns. I was told it was not too sweet and good for you on a hot day. It was not a sweet drink at all and had a lemon flavour that did not leave any after taste. I googled it later to find it only has 27 calories per can and is an isotonic sports drink drank here due to the high temperatures.

Today OH has gone back to the shipyard without me. He said I could spend the day shopping. There is another shopping centre only a short walk from our hotel so I will go there once the shops are open.

Catch up later

Hello everyone. I’m new to forums. Your posts are interesting thank you. I’m in Melbourne, Female, 60s and retired 2 years. Worked in an office all my life with next to no exercise – some called me wombat – short, fat and feisty. After downsizing house decided on O/S holiday – panic stations, I couldn’t get into my summer clothes – needed to downsize ME. Started 5:2 last May and lost 8kg in 4 weeks. Couldn’t believe it. However, put on weight during tour – didn’t have willpower to resist desserts & wine put in front of me! Back from holiday and back on the 5:2. Great success, now lost 25kg and willpower much better (except for Christmas week).
    Slight problem now – painful hip/leg muscles so haven’t been able to exercise enough so weight loss static. Physio thinks it’s bursitis. Finally found a doctor who (a) listened to me and (b) didn’t tell me that it was just because I was overweight. Had ultrasound scan yesterday, results Thursday. Cheers for now.

Good afternoon,

Welcome Wattledown!
    I’m also in Melbourne! Also in my 60’s (just).
    So sorry to hear about the bursitis, my sister has had it in her hip and it is just awful.
    I have a chronic illness (ME/CFS) that means I am not able to do much activity, but the good news is that 5:2 still works well. I lost 15kg in 15 months. Slow and steady won the race. I’m down at the lower end of my healthy weight range now, but I am still doing 5:2 for maintenance.

Thin, I bought some bean paste once (it was about 30 years ago! 😉 ), thinking it was the same as miso, but it was different enough that it didn’t taste right. I think that what I had was this (cut and pasted)

‘Brown Bean Paste(Sweet Bean Paste 甜面酱)

Brown bean paste also known sweet bean paste is quite popular in northern part of China and in Sichuan area. It is the main dipping sauce for the famous Beijing roasted duck (北京烤鸭). Brown bean paste usually is made from soy beans and flour with a special fermentation process. The sweet tastes come from the maltose and glucose in the fermentation process, and the fresh tastes come from the amino acid. Then salt is added to balance the taste.’

There are lots of different sorts, this seems like a good overview: http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Fermented_bean_paste

What a wonderful looking recipe you linked JJulie!

EliC, I am glad LJoyce was able to help you with the menu, I got nowhere!

LJoyce, congratulations on your metabolism working so nicely at the moment! May it continue!

Thanks for all that info JJulie, very helpful. I laughed a lot that you were like me and would resist throwing it out even if requiring mould to be scraped off. I’ll let you know when I work up the courage to open it. I saw online that it was similar to miso but contained a lot more ingredients so perhaps not good for FDs but I will save the recipe for NFDs, thanks! I agree, it would be better without the potato.

I’ve tried that steamboat thingy in Laos. The table was full of things I didn’t recognise and didn’t look too appetising but that’s what the locals were doing so we followed suit. It was delicious. I remember one of us burned our arm on the fire – it was a pit inserted in the table with a charcoal or wood fire.

Welcome fiesty wombat aka Wattledown! With that weight loss record, it sounds like you can tell us a thing or two about fasting! I will say though that there are several losers on this thread unable to exercise d/t health reasons and they have lost substantial amounts of weight and maintained their losses for some years now. You will only need to scroll back one or two pages to find our most recent discussion on why exercising doesn’t contribute much to weight loss. There are some other things you might want to consider trying to get off the plateau. You haven’t asked for help so I’ll refrain from offering advice just now, being the veteran that you are!

P.S. Cinque has beaten me to it again. And thanks for your info about the bean paste with the helpful Chinese text :lol:. I know I bought it at a time when I wouldn’t have been particularly concerned about what I put in my mouth. It doesn’t sound as healthy as miso. I’m hoping it has a lot of mould when I open it and I won’t feel bad about pitching it. But then again, I wouldn’t mind trying JJulie’s recipe.

Update: I have just googled images for my brand as it’s not in English but couldn’t find it. But I did find the same brand of black bean paste. And guess what, CalifD, it’s available on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/assi-Black-Sauce-Jjajang-Pound/dp/B005OTWT3I I opened the jar and it looks and smells really inviting, moist and clean and you wouldn’t know it’s ** past its ‘use by’ date.

Also, I have discovered new about the five minute editing period here. If your text box is left open for a period beyond the normal 5 min editing period after you have pressed submit, you can still add more text!

*That allowed me to add an extra two paras 14 minutes beyond my original post. Unfortunately, it didn’t afford me any time to edit. So, it s/b ….discovered ‘something’ new…..

Also my 😆 didn’t turn out right.

Hi all – I am returning to this WOL after previously losing 10 kgs 12 months ago. At the time I was planning a trip o/s to visit son and his family. I was away for Aug/Sept and returned home with a rotten attack of the flu so when I finally was able to weigh myself was gratified to find I was still 10 kgs down.

However life and complacency has crept in and I regained 3 kgs so 3 weeks ago I started fasting Tuesday and Friday and have now lost that 3 kgs. I have been lurking in the background for a few months now and have decided it’s time to announce myself and set new goals going forward. I want to lose another 10 kgs before my niece’s wedding in June and keep it off!

I know this WOE works and am encouraged by the support on this forum so hope to post regularly.

Welcome back wwall. It’s definitely a way of life as you say.

Lots of posts here since I posted last! Welcome to the 5:2 forum, Wattledown and wwall. It sounds like both of you have done well on your own with this way of eating, but we’re glad to have you here. These forums are a good way to stay interested in losing when the plan gets boring some days. There’s always something interesting going on here. I lost about 12+ kg between early May of last year and the end of this year. My goal was 58-59 kg which is where I am now. I did it with very little exercise.

LJoyce, all of that work on your home had to contribute to your loss. I’m glad to hear you’re going back to 2 FD. 3 can get kind of tedious. Maybe knowing that you’ll have to go back to 3 if you don’t maintain, will be enough motivation to eat mindfully on NFD.

Julie, your trip sounds so exciting! Being to try all of those local foods would be one of the best parts for me. Maybe you’ll bring back some ideas for your own FD.

Stay, I hope you’re recovering from all the excitement of the wedding over the weekend. Let me know what you’d like to do about pictures. I could post some on imgur or tell you how to post them and then you could send the links to friends here by email, for privacy, or post the links directly here.

Thin, I’ve found cans in my pantry that had “best by” dates from over 5 years ago. I have opened jars of sauces that are undated that are fermented products that are probably quite old. I go with Julie’s advice to check for mold and by smell. But if something has mold I usually dump it. Things get pushed to the back of my pantry shelves and forgotten easier than the frig.

Yes, Amazon in the US and UK seems to have just about everything. Over the years I’ve purchased a sewing machine, sub woofer, many toys as gifts, socks, make-up, replacement bra straps, spices and herbs, vitamins and supplements, bedding, pet food, people food, glue gun, software, tree lights and so many other things. Their prices are good and they stand behind everything they sell, no questions asked. I just ordered a cordless cellular window shade for a French door. I’ve never ordered anything like that before, but the price was so much less than a brick and mortar store. I hope it turns out to be like what I’m replacing. The shade is custom manufactured to size so it can’t be returned. Wish me luck! It should arrive by the end of next week.

Cinque, glad your FD went well. I’m at the end of my Monday FD. I expected a gain this morning from all the snacking on yesterday’s NFD but I actually lost. I think it was because I didn’t eat dinner. The snacking probably didn’t end up as much as a whole meal. OFM were eating leftovers and other things.

LJoyce I wrote a review on the French Earl Grey and they posted it. You’ll have to go look when you have time. 😉

Hi Wveryone
    Welcome to the new posters. Sounds like you know what you are doing. JJ I love Asian food, my OH doesn’t give me free rein to go shopping, especially when overseas lol. Cinque, I am loving the cooler weather. Thanks CalifD for offering to post some photos. If you could post one of the bride and I, and of course those 2 cute flower girls and maybe one showing a bit of the festival theme that would be great. I don’t want to bore people.
    I thought I was having a FD yesterday but then OH invited a couple for dinner to help with leftovers. They would’ve been great for a FD – roast meat and salads but of course, with friends on a hot day, we had apple cider and wine. I could’ve said no to the homemade ice cream or the chocolates but I didn’t so it’s a FD today instead. Love that about 5:2
    Have a good one everyone xx

CalifD, I see your five year expiration date and raise you …. quite a few more than that! Plus you didn’t say whether you consumed that product. I have known people to come downstairs for milk at breakfast, note that it expired at midnight and won’t drink it! I had a few strange weight readings after FDs and NFDs last week.

Look forward to the photos Stay; not visible on your FB page you’ll be glad to know. Sorry for the weird email when I thought you were the other person of the same name! I wasted a few minutes on her page.

Welcome back WWall! Lots of life here, but no complacency 😉
    It will be lovely to have you here on your way to the wedding!

Another wedding! Woot.

Thin, I go back to my Year 7 Home Economics teacher’s dictum: “When in doubt, throw it out.”
    It would be wonderful in a compost bin!
    (I think I threw mine out about 27 years ago.)

Cali, Amazon made the news yesterday for its supermarket where cameras see what you put in your basket and you just swipe your card to pay on the way out. http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42769096

Stay, today has been so nice, although still too humid for my liking. But the coolest day in the foreseeable future.

Hey everyone, scales do give strange readings!
    Just a little reminder!

Very funny Cinque (on more than one count). 😆

Cali, I wish the threat of a 3rd FD was enough motivation to eat mindfully on my NFDs. Unfortunately I’ve found myself saying “If I eat this I’ll need to do another FD” – all too often lately, my answer has been OK. I’m hoping this is a temporary pattern as I was fine with being controlled on NFDs and 2 FDs before December. Hopefully I’ll return to that way of thinking soon.

I’ve just received the quote for the kitchen remodel. It’s about 150% of what I’d budgeted, so I’ve asked for a revised price if I pare back the things I get done to the bare minimum. It’s reminded me that I need to prioritise and focus on the things that will have the most impact.

On a plus note, I tried out my new paint brush today – I can actually reach the cornices easily with it as it has a very long handle and an angled brush head that helps with cutting in. It’s apparently meant for painting behind radiators, but it’s also useful for helping short people like me reach the cornice. It looks a bit like this: http://www.whiterosetools.com/Silverline-Radiator-Long-Reach-Paint-Brush-524598
    I had planned to get a painter to do the cornices and ceilings but I’ve decided I’ll try patch painting them myself and see what they look like. I hoping that at least some of the ceilings won’t need painting. If I can be a bit more accurate with the wall paint, the cornices won’t either! I need to save money to may for that kitchen remodel.

No cooking tonight, I have veal eggplant & mushroom stroganoff with soy noodles leftover to reheat.

Stay, did you get my emails?

Thanks for the welcome back.

I completed my fast day yesterday and found it pretty easy until 4:00pm. I then struggled right through until I went to bed at 9:00pm. I am happy to say I didn’t cave in but it was a struggle for whatever reason.

LJ, I am also in the midst of a lot of house related work. I am moving house next Tuesday and am renovating the one I am moving to – ripping up tile floors and replacing with new timber floors, new bathroom and kitchen plus a complete re-paint. Then there is the garden to tackle – front and back a complete empty canvas! Hopefully, being so busy will help me get rid of those pesky 10 kgs.

Off now to start another round of packing.

Good morning,
    Good luck with the renovation and move Wwall, what a lot to have on!
    I hope you felt great this morning after your fast yesterday.

I finally worked on my garden yesterday evening: watered, composted, and mulched. I even planted some basil and lettuce on the offchance I can keep them alive over the next hot weeks. Pretty wrecked today, but very pleased to look out and see the work I have done.

LJoyce, I do so hope you can find a happy compromise for the kitchen remodelling.

Thin 🙂 Are you fasting today? I’ll do a light fast tomorrow.

Morning Cinque and wwall. Moving house is exciting in a lot of ways once you’re out of the old place and everything is cleaned up and keys left for the new owners. But getting to that point is usually stressful and lots of work and disruption. Good luck with all your packing, wwall.

Cinque, our summer temperatures are much like yours, hot and dry. I have good luck with growing basil. I’ve grown it in a very large pot the last few years. It grows like s weed! It gets huge and then goes to seed if I don’t cut the blooms back. I swear I can cut down enough to make a big bunch of pesto and within the week it’s grown back. I bet if I sat out there for a few hours I could watch it grow! 😁 It does like a lot of water and sun. It dies back in late fall when it gets cold. I can’t wait for warm weather so I can plant some more. I plant the Sweet Basil and Thai Basil, which looks very different, but tastes very similar. Last summer I found some Thai Lime Basil which actually has a lime flavor to it. The year prior I planted Thai a Lemon Basil. I hope yours is the same easy to grow type.

Morning all. A fasty Wednesday for me.

Who watched the last in the series, ‘How To Stay Young” last night? I loved it. Talked about standing vs. sitting so I hoped you’d seen it LJ. OH was happy with the cycling stats as he’s an avid and energetic cyclist. Also discussed HIIT in ‘older’ people. I can’t say I like being classified in that category at 61 but it motivated me to move faster during my walk this morning. I outpaced the two dolphins.

wwall, I’m not moving but I am on a constant downsize mission, always selling things on gumtree and throwing stuff away. A friend and I are having another of our massive garage sales in a couple of weeks. Great timing as OH is heading away for 3 weeks so he won’t have the opportunity to put it all back in the house, te he!

Enjoy your herbs or ‘erbs, Cinque and CalifD. I have marjoram, oregano, garlic chives & of course loads of different coloured chillis growing in window boxes. I mentioned recently that our house has lots of unique design features as we literally built the extension ourselves and made it up as we went along. One of those ideas was to get OH to construct the window sill at a low enough height that would still allow the windows to be opened when the herbs were grown. This accessibility also allows for frequent watering so they always do well.

Have a fabulous day everyone. Anyone else fasting?

Hi SHs,
    I’m just having a painting break and lunch. Another NFD for me. I have leftover chicken basque from Sunday for dinner tonight, so another evening of not having to cook.

Wwall, I though I was busy, but you win. I’m starting to panic about a deadline that’s still 11 weeks away, I imagine I’ll be a hyper mess when I get down to one week. I hope you get everything done.
    Really wise to get the floors done before moving in, it’s so difficult once you have a house full of furniture. I pulled up the carpets and lino in this house and had the floor boards that were underneath polished before I moved in. I love floorboards, both original boards and floating wooden floors. I definitely want them in my next home too. I have too many allergies for carpets to ever be a good option for me.

Thin, I didn’t get to watch that program but I’ve recorded it to watch when I’m not so tired.

Cinque & Cali, I hope your herbs thrive. I used to have a large potted herb garden but in the last couple of years I’ve moved all of the herbs into one of the flower beds. The thyme, lemon thyme and oregano are low growing and work really well as border plants. The other bushier herbs look at home among the flowers. I find they are less work in the ground than in pots. Although it does mean that I’ll need to start again in the next house. I loved growing my own veg, but it’s not always practical in all gardens so I don’t mind buying veg. Herbs are a different story – I resent paying $3-4 for a bunch of something that I just want a sprig of. If I don’t have fresh herbs growing I tend to rely more on dried rather than buy bunches. The only exception is coriander which seems to bolt to seed the moment I plant it – so I don’t bother anymore. I just plan a week of mostly Asian meals so that I can use an entire bunch of coriander without wasting any.

Well, no more delaying tactics, back to painting the woodwork. I didn’t think there was that much, but today it feels like there’s miles of the stuff winding through the house!

Hi everyone
    It’s been ~ 4 days since being here and you all seem to have been very busy.
    Stay – so glad the wedding went off well, a big relief for you all and many happy memories as well
    LJoyce – my mother also gave us chicken soup when we were ill – still enjoy it now even when well! Congrats on your recent wt loss. Your renovations sound amazing – all very interesting, wish I had your energy
    JustJulie – so glad you are enjoying Borneo
    LindsayL – I’m sure your granddaughter looked very cute and tiny for her new adventure – enjoy each moment with her, they seem to grow up so fast after starting school
    Penguin – hope you and OH are now feeling a whole lot better than recently!
    Thin and Cinque – enjoyed your ideas for planting herbs and your varieties of same
    Hi to CalifD, Minka and all others. Warm welcome to all the new fasters and also the returners!
    It’s 36’C outside and humid – enjoying aircon inside. Think its forgot how to rain – the grass is very dry and crackles underfoot.
    FD for me today – have had Qi detox green tea, water and a cup of miso soup so far. Looking forward to dinner tonight – lots of veges would be nice and maybe some pan fried fish.
    Hope you all enjoy whatever you are getting up to – take time to relax and bye for now! 😄
    PS just found out I can’t use the & for and 😐

What’s the 11 week deadline LJ?

Isn’t the humidity shocking, Arel? We can often get away with just ceiling fans but, last night, it seemed to become more humid as the evening wore on. So I turned on the air-con in one room for the first time this summer and, sadly, inadvertently electrocuted a little lizard in the process. Everything seemed to be functioning well but it wasn’t getting cold. OH did some trouble-shooting this morning and discovered the poor little guy in the circuit board.

Hello,
    It is only 23 degrees here, and yet it still feels so hot. The sun is burning down on my seedlings, but I have rigged up a sheet to shade them.
    I usually plant basil seedlings in November Cali, January is the month to basically not plant anything, but we will see how I go. 39 degrees this weekend!

Herbs (and greens) are my favourite things to grow too. It is so good to pick what you want, and with pantry staples I always have a meal!
    There are so many basils, but sweet basil is my favourite. I have parsley and rocket self seeding all the time, and I think I have finally mastered coriander, thanks to some seeds from my friend, I’ll plant it again in Autumn, but hopefully it will start self sowing too. I also have chives, Vietnamese mint, spearmint, thyme and a huge rosemary bush with very blue flowers. Oh yes and curry leaf too.

Thin, I did watch ‘How to stay young’ last night and really liked it too. Lots of good practical information and relating it to real lives. I was also interested that my pottering around is classed as ‘light activity’, so I am not sedentary all the time. Hooray! Maybe I will last longer?
    Wasn’t it interesting that riding the bike was the best exercise to protect knees! I thought knees are doing all the work riding!

Poor little lizard! But I am glad you have your air conditioning now.

Hi Arelkade, what a good fast day you are having. I am going to have veggies and fish for dinner too, even though it isn’t fast day for me 😉

LJ I would have loved to have had the renos done before I moved in but I needed the money from the sale of my house to fund them. Fortunately my son is very handy with the tools so we are moving along but I think I’ll be “sleeping rough” for a few nights. Basically camping indoors!

Thin I will be selling lots of stuff on gumtree and plan to have a garage sale when the weather is kinder – probably around March. I am determined to clean out what I haven’t used for a while and start life in the new house as I mean to go on!

Cinque I did feel good today after yesterday’s FD. I also seem to have lots of energy to do my various projects so I’m putting that down to the FD as well.

Lots of humidity predicted for us Melbournites this weekend so I hope my energy levels stay high as there is a lot to be done and time is running out.

Well I’m done for the day. I still haven’t finished the first coat of paint on the woodwork in the study, toilet and hallway. It’s the doorways that slow me down. My T shaped hallway has 10 wood framed doorways to paint, and the frame of a linen closet. (How can a 3br house have so many doors?) I got to 5pm and called it quits, it’ll keep until tomorrow.

Thin, I hope that wasn’t one of your daughter’s lizards or you’ll be in very big trouble. Let’s hope the poor little thing went quickly.
    Did you really have to ask about the 11 weeks. As I was typing a response I realised I can’t add up, I’ve only got 9 weeks – I really didn’t want to know that!!! My goal was to have the house ready for sale by the end of March.

Wwall, I’m glad you’ve got help from your son. I find it a relief when I have people I trust absolutely to help. The risk with living with the chaos for a while is that it starts to feel normal. What I’ve found as I’m renovating now, is just how many things didn’t get done 13 years ago when I last renovated. There were things I thought “I’ll finish that later” and later never came. Well actually it did, it’s here now!

Cinque – really good to hear that you had enough energy to do some gardening. You’ve come a long way in your recovery from surgery.

Cali, I’m just enjoying a very late afternoon tea. A pot of french earl grey (my usual afternoon tipple) and a slice of watermelon. I was tempted to have toasted fruit loaf but was worried it would put me off my dinner so I settled for fruit.

The chicken basque that I’m having for dinner has freekah in it. Delia Smith’s recipe calls for brown basmati rice. But rice has such a terrible fibre level I don’t use it. I ended up cooking the freekah for 2 hours until it was really tender, it’s a tough grain. I’m actually wondering if treating it like mung beans might work (soak overnight in boiling water first). The flavour and texture of the cooked grain is really nice, but it’s not a grain to cook when you’re in a hurry.

I plan to do my second FD for the week tomorrow. That will lead in nicely to a Sunday fast – that’s me trying to plan ahead.

Thin, I’ve just watched the ‘How To Stay Young’ program you mentioned. Interesting and useful information. The bit that alarmed me, was the ability to stand up from sitting on the ground with legs crossed without using your hands – apparently it’s a reliable indicator of how you are aging. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to stand up that way and I certainly can’t since I had the knee replacement. I was rather pleased with myself that since the surgery I could voluntarily sit on the ground and get up again (in a rather ungainly fashion) without assistance. Before the surgery, falling over was a problem because I couldn’t get up unless I had either assistance or with a nearby structure that I could use to haul myself up. I had several years of not being able to take baths because once in I couldn’t get out again. It was such a milestone after surgery when I could safely get into a bath and out again without rails or kneeling.
    One thing that confused me was their use of BMI. They told two different people who had a BMI in the 30-35 range that they were in the overweight category and one person over 35 that they were obese. This isn’t the way I’ve interpreted these categories, I thought over 30 was obese and 25-30 was overweight. Am I wrong, or did the program get it wrong?

LJ. You are right. I didn’t see the programme, but if they told someone they are overweight/obese based solely on BMI they have another issue. BMI was not originally intended to be applied to individuals. It was devised as a population measuring device. It was based on a group of office working adults, neither young nor elderly, of northern European ancestry. If that is not your ethnicity, you are young, old or have lots of muscle it doesn’t work very well. When I was in the service we, for a few years, included a BMI assessment in the pre-promotion medical examination. It lasted until the system realised it was passing all of the skinny admin support staff and failing the fit, muscular types with outdoor roles. I only passed because I was too tall to appear on the examiner’s handy chart. BMI is a useful guide, but not the gold standard. The problem is that too many people making TV programmes know about it, but don’t know enough about it.

Nobody in my Pilates group, including the instructor, can get off the floor without using their hands.

I can sit down (kind of plopping at the end) but have to use 1 knee to stand up.
    This would be difficult if not impossible for anyone with knee issues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWyRUYMQ7ws

https://www.prevention.com/fitness/fitness-tips/stand-sit-test-predicts-longevity

LJ, I just stood there in front of the TV contemplating how I would even go about it – couldn’t even come close! DD passed by the room with something in one had and got down and back up in the blink of an eye! Irritating. On my best day ever, I could never had done that. I’m with you re: the dodgy knees. After losing all the weight, it was incredible just to be able to sit on the floor without worrying about how I would get back up. And to be able to get out of the bath without a management plan. Before I lost the weight, I couldn’t kneel; now I can. Not that I need really need to but that’s what makes getting out of the bath so much easier.

Just waiting to take OH to the airport. Even more irritated now. He can do it both ways – 71.

Good morning,
    I’m having an 800calorie fast day today, incorporating an evening meal at my daughters and I am going to stay overnight there. I’ll just have a small portion of whatever it is.

Interesting comments on ‘How to stay young’ I totally missed the different categories for BMI. I wonder how that happened. Do you think it might have been in response to the BMI criticism? Moving the categories up one means they are DEFINITELY overweight or obese.

For all its flaws, BMI has been very useful for me. I was aware of all the criticism, so I was surprised at what a good guide (along with waist measurement) it was for me as I lost weight. Maybe because I have a very small amount of muscle!

Re the getting up from sitting test, I just bet that they had that in their plans, and even though it wasn’t suitable for someone with a knee injury, they kept it in because it is a useful test for people to think about.
    I couldn’t do it. Not enough muscle 🙁 .
    But I am doing more balance exercises from my yoga dvd now.

I bought too many veggies this week so I have been cooking some up every day and then putting leftovers in the freezer, and then cooking more up. Oh dear. I’ll have to make sure I eat the freezer out after this!

LJoyce, I really feel for you, and your pleasure a being able able to get out of the bath again. My pleasure in being able to lift and push again is as huge, even though it was less of an impediment than you had. I just loved doing that gardening, carrying a full watering can (about 20 times).

My seedlings are very happy and we are having morning cloud, which is lovely for them.

Wwall, so glad you are having plenty of energy after fast days. You need it!

My sister and I are getting together this morning, as we like planning together for our various projects. I am so looking forward to it!

See you all when I get back from my daughter’s place, if not before!

A FD for me today instead of tomorrow (Friday) given it’s a public holiday and I have family and friends coming to help get ready to move.

LJ, you’re right when you say there’s a danger in putting off when renovating. That’s why I’m happy to live with chaos for a while and get everything exactly as I want it. It is the first house in my adult life that I have the only and final say! One of my must haves is a free standing bath which hopefully I’ll be able to get out of with one dodgy knee.

Cinque, I also love gardening and have lots of work ahead although I’ll get professionals in to do the heavy stuff. I have lots of plants in pots awaiting their permanent home.

Thin, there is no way I’d be able to get up from the floor within using my hands. What is that old saying – that youth is wasted on the young! How true, if only we’d realised then how much we took for granted.

Good morning all.

FD for me and more woodwork painting. It might require a couple of pain killers to keep me going today, my body isn’t just painful at the end of the day now, I’m waking up that way. I’ve added an anti-inflammatory tablet to my daily meds for a few days, I’m hoping that will help too. I might have a day off once this section of painting is done – get some housework done instead.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who has trouble getting off the ground easily.

Cinque, have a lovely time with family today.

Penguin, I’m not surprised about the BMI test failing muscular people, I remember hearing that most olympic athletes would be have an overweight BMI due to their muscle mass. I am happily in the overweight range – but not, by any stretch of the imagination an olympic athlete.
    All of the weight related issues went away for me once my BMI fell below 31, so my body has chosen its own weight level for health. I would probably look better if I lost a few more kilos but I doubt it would make any significant difference to my health. As I struggle with the low TDEE at my current weight I couldn’t contemplate trying to live within an even lower calorie limit. My doctor is happy for me to maintain at this weight – he was actually the first person to counsel me against trying to lose more weight. I suspect that one of the reasons I have no weight related health issues with a BMI in the 25-30 range is that I don’t carry much excess weight on my torso.
    Even though I know that being healthy and BMI have a fairly loose relationship, I still find myself being influenced by it. I feel so sensitive to the “obese” label that I don’t deal well with having a BMI over 30. I guess it’s not so much the BMI that’s at fault it’s the emotional impact of labels.

Cali, thanks for those videos, I would lose 3-4 points by that method. After the knee replacement I worked really hard to get a 130 degree bend in the artificial knee. I thought that was good, but it’s still not the same as the range of a normal knee and there are a few things it interferes with. It is enough to walk freely up and down stairs – I used to have to go down sideways like a crab.

Wwall, yes I agree on the freestanding bath. They look nicer too.

I’m delaying again. Time to start painting.
    Happy fasting Wwall, Cinque and anyone else joining us.
    Have a good day everyone.

Good morning/evening everyone. Down to 78.5 today after FD yesterday – hoping to continue the ‘downhill run’. Just wondering how I’d manage a water fast day, as FD can be challenging – do you just drink water, do you need to add electrolytes, apple cider vinegar OR ? – any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Just getting passed the fact of not eating would be a major achievement for me, but happy to give it a go 😮
    Thin – the humidity is the worst for me – it takes every ounce of energy from me so I feel ‘slothlike’ when I usually ‘get up and go’. Currently 23′, heading for 35’here. Get my new glasses today – hopefully will ‘see the world a lot better’☺ Sorry to here of your lizards demise, hope you aircon still works
    Cinque – it’s going to be hotter for you than me this weekend so stay cool. I also grow herbs and greens including a new curry leaf that I’m not sure how to use! Enjoyed the Atlantic salmon with warm roast pumpkin and cous cous salad last night.
    wwall – it’s always exciting making a new home your own – have fun doing the renovations with your Son
    LJoyce – you have certainly accomplished lots, in a very short time, with your renos – very impressive. Maybe you’ll have time to relax before the 9 weeks are up, then really enjoy putting your home up for sale. Enjoy your FD and I’ll join you on Sunday
    CalifD – watched your link for cross-legged sitting, I can plonk down without hands but getting up have to move one leg to side, end up kneeling, then get up not using hands – so guess overall it’s a ‘fail’ test for me
    BMI, as we all know, is not a good indicator of fitness – too many variables. A simple waist measure is a better indicator for cardiovascular risk fitness:
    men need to be 92cm or less
    Women 80cm or less
    OR the risk increases with increased waist measurement above these levels. I need to lose 17cm 😢
    Well, must head off to collect my new glasses.
    Have a enjoyable day, keep cool or warm, wherever you are.
    Bye for now!

Thin, LJ, penguin, ok, I can do both the sit down and get up. BUT, to get up, I have to put 1 foot on either side of me (next to my butt sort of), rock forward a couple times, and then stand up when rocking forward. (It’s not pretty, looks ackward.) OH says he’d probably throw out his back and won’t even try. He’s not overweight. I was never able to do it before I lost weight, not even close.

Off to the store to get tomato purée for the Nigerian Bean Soup. Love that stuff! (Thanks Cinque!)

Hi everyone
    Just wrote a very long post, then lost it. Here’s hoping tech support can find it and I don’t have to write it all again.
    Enjoy your day, keep cool or warm depending where you are.
    Bye for now!

Arel, that’s annoying – just tell JJ when you wrote it and she will re-post. Then you just have to remind us to go back and find it.

LJ, sounds like you need a day off.

Cinque, have fun on your sleepover.

CalifD, I’m impressed! (and irritated 😆 )

Viewing 50 posts - 14,601 through 14,650 (of 28,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply.