Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,925 replies, has 832 voices, and was last updated by  Neilithicman 3 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,601 through 6,650 (of 28,029 total)

• Nah Cinque, forget the ironing and just relax watching your Inspector Montalbano. Be kind to yourself. xxxx

I’m having a post day no energy, can’t be bothered to do anything day. Does anybody else ever have these the day after a fast?

Thanks EA and Cinque. Look out there is a cougar on the loose LOL.

Intesha – enjoy sashaying around in those skinny jeans, girl!

EA – can’t say I’ve had a low energy post-day – unless I’m getting sick (not wishing that on you).

I always look forward to what I’m going to have for breakfast on NFDs. Wednesdays I don’t eat till 10.15 – cause that’s when the hot, made-in-the-building scones (choice of cheese or date – but I’m a savoury girl) hit the staff room! These days I just have half of one (they are big) and that is my brekky and lunch, but they are sooo good.
    I’m going to forgo it tomorrow though because my daughter has changed her fast day to Wednesday this week and invited a couple of her mates for dinner on Thursday. So I will join her because I don’t intend to cook up a storm on Thursday and then fast through it!

EA – Thin makes a good point about the calories in a cafe hot chocolate. I have the PDF from Wild Bean and a medium HC made with regular milk is 299 and with trim milk it is 222 – certainly worth adding into your daily total if you are keeping tabs.

I think that is one of the reasons my daughter and I had very little weight gain on our Aussie holiday: if we stopped for a hot drink, she and I invariably chose tea. We kept our coffees to a couple of instant ones back at our apartments. (We had actually brought a packet of our favourite brand with us because it’s not an easy one to find in OZ.)

Hi Hilary – I wondered if I was coming down with something earlier as felt bone tired but have perked up a bit now. I am looking forward to getting the pj’s on though and sitting in front of the fire doing nothing tonight. It is great how we can be flexible with the 5:2 – you enjoy your dinner on Thursday.

Yeah Thin does make a very good point regarding the hot chocolates – and part of me wants to stick my fingers in my ears and go ‘la la la’. :o)
    I do love a nice hot chocolate and McDonalds, I have to say, do make a nice one. But you are right – they are calorific and a nice cup of tea would be a much better choice. I shall try that next time and see how I get on.

I shall use the fact that I have to buy a swimming costume for our little holiday next month as an incentive to ask for a tea and not a hot choc. It will be interesting to see if it makes a difference on the scales.

I hope any Tuesday fasters are having a good day – almost there.

xxxx

EA – 5:2 is certainly not about giving up all those things we love, but being aware of serving sizes and how many treats to have in the week.
    I hope you enjoyed your cosy night by the fire – lovely.

I had a funny experience last week when I went into Wild Bean to get a custard square (they make the most fabulous ones and I usually cut it in half and make it last 2 days), I got up to the cabinet and looked at them – and thought no, I didn’t want one after all, and walked out.

EA – the mushroom soup was ok. It really had the flavour of cauliflower soup with the mushroom undertone and colour. OH did not want to try. But I only made a small amount.
    Intesha – you go girl!!! skinny jeans!!! love it!!!

Hot Chocolate is the topic!! I would love to have it regularly, but I would feel really guilty so I keep to the Japanese green tea or just black coffee. I do get times when I really feel like something sweet and would love to have the HC. Maybe I can treat myself to this when I get myself to a better weight place.

Talking about weight!!!! I had a really bad FD in the end and please give me a good talking to as I did so many things wrong. It started out as normal with morning coffee, made soup (mushroom cauliflower) had water and another coffee during the day. Went to Xray etc, took dogs to groomers, picked up daughter from school then picked up dogs. Went to supermarket to get bread for OH as he wanted sandwiches made……..that is where it all went wrong!!! Bread to me is the taste of heaven and I have been keeping away from all bread, rice, pasta etc. Fresh bread and ham sandwich was what I wanted. Had soup instead. OH came home from Taiko practice at 8.30 so made him a toasted sandwich and then I could not resist!!!!! The smell of the roast beef, cheese and pickle toasted sandwich was too much for me……… I am so bad and I am so mad at myself for doing it. The scales today went up to 78 again. So punishment is FD today again. What else can I do??

I did the ironing! (Didn’t see your post quickly enough EA!) There wasn’t much. I also did a load of washing: hooray for washing machines, that didn’t get in the way of my telly afternoon, but still accomplished something.

It is yet another grey Melbourne morning, but a lovely run of ‘over 20C’ days are coming up!

Met up with my sister yesterday and she has decided to do 5:2 as well. It will be lovely to share it with her. She had her first Fast Day on Monday and said it felt great.

Hilary great insights about the scones and the custard square. Isn’t it gorgeous to make good decisions about when to eat, and not eat, the things we love.

EA so glad you seem to be missing a dreaded lurgy. I hope you have such a good month and find an especially gorgeous swimming costume next month!

I’ve got a busy day. We are doing a practice run for a community food project I am running. Our lovely chef is doing all the work but I am hovering around. We are making healthy takeaway to sell, chilled, at a Pop-Up in a few weeks. Today we are checking we have all the ingredients and packaging right, and take photos, and the dietitian is going to check we are following Australian Dietary Guidelines, and maybe will be able to say it is suitable for diabetics. So fingers crossed it all goes well!

Best wishes to everyone on your day, especially those having a fast day. šŸ™‚

Well!!!……..went to toilet (sorry wont explain the gory details) and then weighed again………77.7…….feeling a bit better as out of the 78 mark. I have been thinking that maybe this is a bit of comfort food I wanted as my shoulder is still hurting.

Forgot to say, the guy who did the ultra sound said there is some damage there but not as bad as you would think. He said a lot of swelling and inflamation could be most of the pain. So now just have to wait for official result from doctor.

Cinque – Just saw your post. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. I love the idea of your community food project and so many people are involved. Hope you have a great day today too!!

Hilary – custard squares are one of my favourites and I especially love the Balfours ones from South Australia. Thank goodness I dont live there anymore, cause I would be so tempted!!!

Does anyone else have moments when although you may not really be a sweet tooth you just have to have something sweet once in a while???
    I prefer savoury things now at my age, but sometimes I just crave for something sweet.

I know just what you mean, Julie. I am not a big chocolate fan, but I do really like the Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate – and the great thing about it is that the 100g block is preformed into 18 equal pieces. So each piece is 35 calories. I pop one on my tongue and just let it dissolve into liquid silk and that is enough for me. I am lucky that I am disciplined enough to leave the rest alone – so I hide it. If I leave the rest of the pack around my OH would hoover it up, hardly even tasting it.

Hi JJ, (note to self: try weighing AFTER you go to the loo!)Your post went up while I was writing mine (slow writer!)
    So sorry yesterday turned out disappointing for you. Is there any reason you can’t give yourself a delicious sandwich as a treat once a week or something? That way you could eat it, enjoy it, and not feel bad about it after.
    I hope there is a way to make it a gift instead of a torture.

I have been craving sweet things the last few days! Thoughts of sweet things I love keep coming to mind! I wonder if my body is saying, “Oo you are losing weight, better start trying to regain the status quo!” Right now I can’t even remember what I have been thinking about though: fleeting.

All is going well today so far with the practice run. Thanks for your kind words JJ. Chef is cooking up a storm. I carefully put the dockets of the food he bought in the blue folder, and then managed to lose the blue folder before I left the building. Please someone do some magic so that it gets handed in!

Am going to lie down for a bit before I go back (I need to go horizontal every few hours!). Good wishes all!

Cinque – Yes weighing after the loo is good, but tell my body to organise itself to do that and it does not listen!!!! I have been keeping off of carbohydrates as much as possible and will then treat myself once I have reached a significant weight loss but the smell of the fresh bread was just too much for me. I have made OH a sandwich for lunch just now and I was not enticed again, so maybe I have that out of my system for a little while at least.
    Off to Japanese lessons catch up again later……JJxxx

Morning Wednesday fasters, feeling rather hungry today but have been keeping busy with cleaning windows, laundry and then had a lovely surprise when I got back on the scales after my walk to find a new PB of 60.6kgs. Over the moon with that. I’ve taken a photo of my feet on the scales. That’s 22.5kgs of flab exhaled (no wonder a side effect of fasting is halitosis!); BP 132/70; BMI 22%.

I’ve read most of the posts but won’t comment on everything – good job to all who are sticking with this. Read your profile update Intesha – terrific. A person I introduced to 5:2 told me yesterday that she’s lost 10kgs. That makes me feel great. My travel scales are on their way. It’s 31C here in Perth and all is great. šŸ˜†

Hello all

Hilary – well done on resisting those cakes. It is a good feeling when we can reason with ourselves, ask ourselves if we are really hungry and want it then decide no.

JJ – you havent sold me on the mushroom soup lol. I think I will stick to frying them in butter. It is sounding promising with your scan – lets hope they can fix it for you. Don’t beat yourself up about the sandwich and like you said you weren’t tempted again so all is good.

Thanks Cinque and it is probably a good feeling having that ironing done – you probably shouldnt listen to me anyway – I am a bad influence ha ha. I have a pile which I am saving up for tomorrows fast day during nap time.

Sometimes I crave sweet and eat the 90% Lindt dark chocolate. I used to enjoy the English cadbury dairy milk but don’t buy that brand anymore. But I crave savory also – crisps are still my downfall if I let them. I had to go to the shop today and thought I will pick up some crisps but stopped myself going down that aisle. I knew I would regret it if I ate them so feeling pleased with myself. I went home and had a green tea with a teaspoon of coconut oil in it and one piece of the choc and it is very filling.

My goodness Thin – we are going to have to change your name to Skinny very soon. Wonderful news. You will be falling into the 50’s before you know it. Enjoy your dinner tonight – another fast day almost done and dusted. I’m glad you are enjoying the warmer weather. As much as it was pleasant to sit under a tree having lunch at my friends farm, it was hot for me. I miss the Fremantle Doctor.

Oh well, I had better feed the masses. Sausages, rice and veggies for them tonight but I think I may have left over chicken, egg and a bit of salad. Not a fast day today for me but I ate chocolate krispies and a white bread sandwich at my friends.

I’m looking forward to hearing your weigh in results tomorrow Thin after todays fast.

Evening all xxxx

Hi SH,

checking in after 2nd FD this week.
    weigh-in: let go of .7kg of the 1kg that went on last week šŸ™‚

total let go since 010815: 6.3 kg – still need to let go of .2 to get back to my lowest of a couple of weeks ago.

no change off my curves.

I have read all your posts and have been with you all on your journeys – and felt both your ups and downs. I am a bit strapped for time so wont comment individually today.

I had a brilliant FD yesterday. I was very busy all day so only needed my celery soup with zucchini and carrot strips. No time for munchies :))
    I might throw in an FD on Friday.

May all your downward paths continue happily šŸ™‚

signing off

Coast

EA – I would not be rushing to make the mushroom soup again either…….I usually just fry the mushrooms without the butter (although I know it tastes good) Last night I had a two egg omelette then placed sliced mushrooms and tomato into frypan to cook. Then put on top of omelette. It was really yummy.

Coast – Glad to see that extra 1kg is coming off quickly. Interesting you said you had celery soup as I have a big celery in the fridge and am trying to figure out what to do with it all. We will have curry again tonight and I will put heaps of celery into it along with other vegies, but celery soup sounds like the go for todays lunch. I shall check our some recipes.

I seem to have lost 1cm off my waist but no more off my hips.
    My weight this morning was 77.2 so I have left that 77.7 mark again. Yesterdays FD must have worked so will be taking extra care on what I put into my mouth today although it is not a FD. For some reason I seem to always do well after an omlette for dinner!!!

Sending good wishes for those fasting today………JJxxx

Morning all

Well done Coast.

JJ – Omelette with mushrooms and tomatoes – sounds yummy. I think you have just given me what I am going to do for fasting meal tonight, thank you. I probably need to start varying what I eat, especially as the weather is warming up and you doing well after an omelette meal is an added incentive. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on your weight loss and cm loss – great news.

Well, a fast day for me today and I am feeling energised and ready to take on the day. I keep having to pull up my jeans which is a good sign. I weighed in this morning at 64.95 with body fat of 28.3% so no change from my previous fast day. Looking for that 63 tomorrow. So had better get off my bum and start moving.

Good day to fellow fasters and one and all.

xxxx

Thin – how did you do on the scales this morning?

Coastcat, that’s a huge amount of weight off already.

Well done EA adjusting your food choices on the non FDs too. The downside of weight loss is adjusting your TDEE and mine is only about 1440 now meaning my FD intake should only be about 360 cals. This seems daunting but I managed on 350 cals yesterday. Today’s weight is the same as yesterday EA thanks for asking – 60.6kgs. All the best with your FD today. You’re a pro now.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Well done Thin on your maintenance. Oh my goodness, I am glad you mentioned the revised TDEE. I have just checked mine and I have gone from 460 to 388! Oops. I guess I have been overeating on my fast days. Ah well, I can start the adjustment from today. Sounds so little though! But can be done.

xxxx

Scary isn’t it? I seem to be able to manage OK on 125 cals comprising two coffees (with almond & coconut milk) in the morning and a soup at 2pm followed by a 250 cal dinner around 5pm. It’s whether I have the egg before bed that determines if I blow the calorie budget. My weight has been steady for over 6 weeks now so I’m not strictly adhering to the 360 cal FDs but never go over 500 cals. A little luxury of reaching goal weight I suppose. I wonder if just one strict FD per week would have the same effect but I’m afraid to mess with it. I have no idea what my non FD intake is.

Thin, if what you are doing is working for you (and it obviously is) and you are happy with your routine, then stick to it, I reckon. As they say, ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’. As long as you don’t go underweight like Dr M was heading then you should be okay. Yeah, I have no idea of my non fd calorie count either. On the whole, I am more mindful but as you know, I have my blowouts. I’m a bit excited actually because I was still losing weight on my outdated fd calorie allowance. So it will be interesting to see what the scales say tomorrow on my revised one.

I stood in the kitchen today and tried to pull my jeans down without undoing them (these are the jeans I used to have to unbutton every time I sat down). I succeeded. Woo hoo.
    xxxx

I think you’re right EA. It’s probably the reason I stabilised at 61 for so many weeks. There must be a point where your body just stops losing weight even if you keep revising your TDEE and continuing 2 fasts. This seems to have happened to a friend of mine, she’s quite short & would like to lose a bit more but has stayed the same for a long time now despite rigidly adhering to 5:2.

That must be great with the jeans. Look forward to hearing how you fare on the scales tomorrow. I just tried on two summer dresses that haven’t seen daylight for a very long time (decades). They fit perfectly now and I went to model them to the family. OH doesn’t have much fashion sense so he said nothing. My daughter said they fit well but she hoped I wasn’t planning on going out in public in them ‘in this day and age’ as she put it.

Did you get much rain this morning?

Thin – congratulations on fitting into those dresses – you must be so happy. I had to laugh though at your daughters comment. Honestly, teenagers! I think next time you go out together you should walk into the room wearing one the dresses and say, right lets go and see what reaction you get ha ha. Do they have shoulder pads?

We didn’t get any rain but it is windy and the clouds have come in. I’m hoping to get some rain though so I don’t have to water the veggie patches. Have you had much?

I just did 15 minutes on the treadmill and actually ran for a minute or two. Got a bit puffed but was imagining blowing all that fat out!

EA – well done. It is these little tricks that truly tell us out bodies are changing.

One of our volunteers was in the office yesterday after an absence of about a month and she has often commented when I wear tights about the shapeliness of my legs – well she was rattling on about them to anyone who would listen yesterday – quite funny but a nice boost to the ego as well.

EA I did the same thing with my jeans the other night. As I was saying the other day about how you can’t trust sizing anymore after I had bought my skinny jeans size 16. These old jeans were a 16 and in my past life when I sat down there was an extra bulge and I was so uncomfortable but I just took them off without unzipping or unbuttoning.

Second FD for me today and I’m feeling a little peckish, besides my green tea and black coffee I’ve only had my shake about an hour ago 95cals and lots of water of course.

Thin know how you feel about the dresses, shame isn’t it but I’m going to enjoy wearing trendy clothes for awhile and be damned with the age.

Thin one, I laughed at those comments about your dresses. Family! Who’d have them?

But I am not one for sticking to current fashion, and am getting close to fitting into some designer label dresses from previous decades that I found in Op Shops. I am looking forward to going out into public in them, in this day and age!

There maybe a an army of 5:2 Fasters about to take to the streets in vintage outfits! We’ll wink at each other and high five!

Blow – my post just vanished in the transmission!!

Intesha – isn’t it great that we can wear the nice fashions? Today I went to work wearing a teeshirt fabric long-sleeved above-the-knee swing dress in a navy and white stripe, navy tights and flats, a mustard knit cardigan with a chunky perspex necklace in navy and mid-blue. It’s a long time since I wore a whole dress in such a clingy fabric (although the style isn’t tight-fitting). The gob-smacking thing for me is that the stripes go AROUND me! But the 23YO daughter approves.

Thanks Hilary. It is nice that one of your volunteers appreciates your shapely legs. It is good to get compliments from people eh.

I don’t like clothes sizes either Intesha, they vary even from the same shop sometimes. Hang in there for your dinner. I’m right with you. We can do this.

That’s funny Cinque about our vintage fashion. But I think you may cross the road if you saw me coming – I was a bit alternative in those days ha ha. Not sure I could get the jeans I used to wear past my ankle nowadays.

Another pile of ironing completed. It keeps me standing burning calories so it’s all good.

Cinque that is so funny, you really had me laughing when I read that!

No, EA, they didn’t have shoulder pads but they were really lovely fitted summer dresses (or so I thought). I do still have a short black dress from the 80s with shoulder pads though. Even I know not to wear that out except to theme parties. I’m thinking you’re a family of very well-dressed people living in that cabin in the woods – all that ironing!

Yep, we’ve had a fair amount of rain – weird after yesterday’s sunny 32C.

We had rain here in Cairns today and was surprised to see it!! My garden was happy so was I.
    I have heaps of clothes that I would love to get back into. In 1997 I had a dress, jacket, skirt and pantsuit made in beautiful material when we travelled the world. The combination of them all meant I had many different outfits and kept room in my suitcase. I still have all of these and would dearly love to be able to get into them again. They really have not dated. I do have other clothes that have dated though and my daughters have fun using them for theme parties and photo shoots.

Cinque an outing with us all in vintage clothing would be fantastic!!! BUT you have to wait until I can get back into them….LOL

Skinny jeans….would love to get into them but I have a huge behind and dont think they are flattering to me. Maybe one day!!

I was the girl in the group that the boys would sing the song “Nice legs shame about the face” does anyone remember this song? Well yes I had a good figure as I did ballet until I was 17 years old but I was never the pretty one!

Today I am happy that I have aged well.

Good day today. Curry for dinner again. will catch up later. …..JJxx

Hi guys. I’m finally feeling much better. Will post again in the morning, just popping in to say hi. You’re all going so well. Have a great evening guys. CM xx

Hilary you sounded fabulous, doesn’t it make you feel great to know you look good and other people notice. I am still waiting for someone to acknowledge my weight loss but in the end it comes down to how I feel and that is the main thing.

New PB for me this morning 73.6, have not been this weight for 12 years. I will probably plateau soon as this dream run can’t last.

How is everyone else travelling.

CM missed you, happy you are feeling better.

New PB for me too – 64.1. My now skinny daughter is off to Christchurch for the weekend (having carefully chosen the wardrobe that shows her off to best advantage). She will be staying with her uncle and aunt and catching up with her first cousins (my niece and nephew).

Sadly my 30 YO niece weighs 155kg and has no incentive to lose weight – not helped by her mother who will keep saying “It’s so hard for people with PCOS to lose weight!” giving her justification for not even trying. And her diet is just AWFUL – greasy takeaways every day!

My daughter and my niece’s fathers are identical twins – but their parenting is world’s apart. So glad I got the leftovers (older twin was already married when I met the younger one)!

Good morning Everyone! It is glorious in Melbourne. Sun is streaming through the kitchen window (I’ll start complaining in about a month šŸ˜‰ ) the light on trees and leaves is beautiful, birds are singing.
    Fast Day for me today.
    Oh those lovely clothes people are talking about!

Congratulations on your PB Intesha!

JJ can’t believe you about your face, but I will believe you about your legs! Hooray for aging well.

Hi CM! So glad you are feeling better. I hope this is a lovely day for you!

Hilary I am glad you got the good twin! Fingers crossed your niece decides to make some healthy decisions eventually.

EA you are the ironing queen!

I’ve got about 6 emails to write before my friend arrives and we have coffee and do shopping together (so yes, I am fitting in a coffee this Fast Day). See you later!

MIA last week selling charity badges in icy weather. This time at least we got some much needed rain. I came home bitterly cold. It takes a long time for the house to warm up. Slow combustion heating. I still managed to keep my weight in the 74’s. I had sore back all week. This is my back muscles getting used to the new position of my stomach. Once I can keep the weight off for a month then I will go through my clothes again.

The weather has brightened up yesterday so I was able to get back outside in the garden. Another garden bed ready for the tomatoes. Today hopefully the sweet corn beds will be weeded. I will only have a couple of more days until I have to go away and look after my little grandson while mum and dad get the house ready for his first birthday Saturday week. If I can maintain this for the month with all the celebrations I will be happy.

Hi GL502 Good luck today with planting corn! It should be easy to keep warm today!
    What charity were the badges for?

Hilary I (accidentally) rudely ignored your PB when congratulating Intesha for hers! I’m a bit hopeless at catching everything in the posts, but luckily I saw that important part of your post before I switched off!

Apologies for all the other things I missed!

Bye!

Legacy. My dad was in the Korean War.

Glad you’re feeling better CM. How did your weight fare while you were sick? Did you fast?

Great news on the PBs H4 and Intesha and maintaining your weight GL.

Intesha – the people around you must have their head in the sand if they haven’t noticed the change in you. Strangely, I had several people along the way ask me if my weight loss was intentional so it may be that people are embarrassed to comment in case you’re wasting away from sickness! Don’t worry, WE know, don’t we?

H4, that’s sad about your niece. Perhaps when she sees the change in your daughter, she’ll get motivated. Months ago, I wrote about my walking buddy’s two daughters, 20 and 21 who have blown out to over 100kgs (probably more but I don’t want to be rude). She has watched this work so well for me and although her whole family would benefit (her OH has diabetes), they continue their greasy, sugary diet and do nothing about it. We’ve ‘weighed in’ together every Thursday for 14 years and now I’m maintaining goal weight it’s just sad that she’s still yo-yo’ing in the 90s when there’s a tool available to change that. Fortunately for thirteen other people, observing my weight loss was enough to motivate them to start 5:2 – with good success.

JJulie, I’ve seen your face and you’re talking rubbish.

Cinque have a lovely FD and you don’t have to feel bad if you don’t comment on everything you read – you can get forum fatique doing that! Love your posts.

Well, this has been a happy week for me. I’m at another new PB this morning of 60.4kgs. I can’t believe I’m at a point now of working out a strategy so I don’t lose any more weight. It’s the first time in my life I have been in such a strange position. I’m thinking of trying alternate weeks of 5:2 and 6:1. On the other hand, there is that couple of months in Europe on the horizon – I’m sure that will sort me out!

Thin – what a delicious position to be in: trying not to lose weight!!

Thanks H4, I’m pinching myself šŸ˜† A huge part of my success is attributed to the support and fun I’ve had on this forum which I why I stay on this thread hoping to inspire others. Lost another 100gms after my walk and, everyone’s out so I’ve got MY music turned up and I’m doing a massive clean. I might just get to 60kgs. Ok, I know someone’s going to ask – I’m in love with Bryan Ferry so A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall….. c’mon, give me heaps, I don’t care!

Thin – You are amazing and I am so grateful that you have remained on this forum to be a help and inspiration to us. And I most certainly will not give you a hard time about liking Bryan Ferry. I’m not a particular fan myself but I have loved the same singer since the 1980’s – got flack then and still get it now but I don’t care, he makes me happy.

Congratulations to all you losers and maintainers this week.

JJ – I am so glad you mentioned omelettes because I didn’t give them a thought until yesterday. So I had one for dinner instead of my usual soup and meat (which will have to be revised now anyway since my fd calorie allowance has gone down). I did enjoy it and had it with mushrooms, red onion, tomato and red pepper. I ended up with less calories than I was allowed and must admit did feel more hungry in the evening so just had another green tea before bed. What with that and my treadmill/ironing I was hoping for good things to happen on the scales this morning. Instead I have remained the same at 64.95. Not lost a drop. Pfft I say. Oh well, I did drop a kilo earlier in the week so maybe my body is telling me not to get too excited.

I went to a group this morning and was very good with just eating seeds and humus, ignoring the cakes. But then my friend wanted to go to the cafe so I ended up having a hot chocolate.

A friend of mine is going overseas for five weeks and is very kindly lending me their thermomix (gosh, I hope I don’t break it!!) So I am looking forward to experimenting with that. Still haven’t made my sugar free fairy cakes yet.

So glad to hear from you CM; I have missed you. Sounds like you have had a stinker. I hope you are well on the way to recovery now.

Hilary – that is very sad about your niece. I am watching a UK documentary at the moment called ‘Fat Doctor’. The doctor isn’t fat – he is a bariatric surgeon and each programme features one to two people per episode. It is so sad to see how people’s life are affected by obesity and some of the stories they tell of what started their food addiction. I really hope one day your niece and her family will have a light bulb moment and seek help to live their best lives. Thinking of your husband and BIL, isn’t it fascinating how two people can share the same DNA and experience the same upbringing but be so different.

Righto, nap time so I suppose I had better iron those clothes I washed this morning and do some jobs around the house.

Have a good weekend everybody and all the best to any Friday Fasters and weekenders.
    xxxx

Lovely post EA, thanks. Can you do hot chocolate in the thermomix? That reminds me of Avent in South Africa – missing in action during her hols on a Durban beach. What about you Big Col? Barata? Charlie G? Hope to hear from you all now and then. Come on then EA, ‘fess up, who’s your 1980’s idol?

Hello all, Gee about 15 hours of not looking at the posts and there are so many of them how do I comment on them all?????
    Firstly, Congratulations to everyone who lost weight over the last day or so.
    Secondly, Congratulations also to anyone who weighed a PB.
    Thirdly, For those who did not loose anything, dont dispair cause I am in your group this morning with my weigh in being still 77.2, so I have had another FD today trying to get past the 77 mark and into the 76’s.
    My dinner tonight I thought to have Thai rice wraps. I have about 100g of chicken with thin sliced cabbage, thin sliced onions, chopped coriander, grated carrot and the rice wrappers. I am going to make about three of them spreading the chicken and salad evenly. I also made up a couple of low cal jellies as a filler.

catch up with everyone tomorrow after dog training……JJxxxx

Thanks Thin. I bet you could make a hot choc in a thermie! At least mine are healthier because I buy non-homogenised full cream milk (milk just like when I were a lass) and organic cacao powder so much healthier than McDonalds etc.

My favorite group is The Smiths and their lead singer was Morrissey. They split in 1987 so I didn’t get to see them in concert as was too young. Morrissey went solo in 1988 and I have seen him in concert three times now. The last being in May when I flew over especially to see him at the Sydney Opera House. All my Christmases and birthdays came at once on that weekend.

JJ – welcome to the Didn’t Loose Anything After a Fast Day Group. But hey good on ya for having another fast day today, more dedicated than me! It will be interesting to hear how you fare tomorrow on the scales.

EA – I just popped in while sitting relaxing while OH is at practice and saw your post. I seem to be starting to belong to a heap of different groups now and it is so much fun!!!
    Looking forward to some weight loss tomorrow morning!!!!

My turn to lose a post. I had logged out somehow and didn’t realise! Grr!
    Point form this time!

Legacy! Great charity. Should have realised, I don’t get out much!

Did get out today. Lovely time with friend.

People are hesitant to talk about lost weight. They learnt to politely shut up while we were getting fatter, so they stay shut up now!

Don’t want forum fatigue. Glad other people notice what I miss!

I love Bryan Ferry singing Avalon.

I had a good Fast Day!

Best wishes for a lovely evening and good night!

Thanks for all the good wishes…it worked! I’ve been following you all during the week, as best I could. Sorry if this post is a bit long and if I miss anyone, just remember youā€™re all amazing and changing your own lives every day!

Intesha & Hilary congrats on your PBs. Intesha, Iā€™ve had the same thing happen. Only now are people starting to comment on my weight loss. Itā€™s the ā€œold loose clothes that hide all the good workā€ thing! Bring on the new wardrobe I say!

Thin, I havenā€™t been strictly fasting & was eating fairly normally, but being careful just the same. OMG Iā€™ve just read your postā€¦..wow, congratulations! 60.4 unbelievable & you must be thrilled. Yeah, I love cranking up the music tooā€¦Bryan Adam, Sting, Billy Joel, etc, etcā€¦.love ā€˜em allā€¦.and love it LOUD! Really donā€™t have a fav though.

EA, youā€™ll love the Thermie! And, yes, you CAN make a wicked frothy hot choc in itā€¦..not that I think you should, of course! Go onto their website for some great recipes & tips ā€“ there are heaps. Enjoy it.

Busy day today, had to catch up on the black-log! Feeling back to normal ā€“ whatever it was just seems to have disappeared all of a sudden! Very strange. I was still my hungry-self, so unfortunately no side-effects of not wanting to eat! But blow me downā€¦.Iā€™ve come in at a PB yesterday & today of 61.1. Have been in the 61s now for about 2 weeks, so Iā€™m still losing, albeit slowly. Hoping to see the 60s soonā€¦youā€™re still ahead of me Thin!

Iā€™ve been reluctant to buy any new clothes, because of my ever-changing shape (bum now starting to vanish) & Iā€™ve now got to the point where Iā€™m looking dreadful, regardless of what clothes I wear. And…all this talk about skinny jeans made me jealous! So, today I treated myself to a couple of pairs of new shoes, a pair of new Levis (size 10 skinny!) and a new pair of navy trousers. When I looked at them, I thought there is absolutely no way in the world Iā€™ll fit into these things – also a 10 skinny fit – but I did. Bonus was they were on sale at DJs for $20, reduced from $90! This made up for the full price on the Levis! Gulpā€¦.

I think Iā€™m still in a state of disbelief that Iā€™ve actually succeeded with this WOL, when everything else had failed. My (fat) mind just hasnā€™t caught up with my (not fat) body yet. Now the time has come to start toning up. My hips and thighs need some serious attention, so I need to start doing some exercises (yuk) to firm-up wherever/whatever I can. All hints gratefully received!! Does anyone have one of those stair-climbing/cross-country thingies?? Any good?

So, thatā€™s me all caught up. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, whatever youā€™re doing, and have a really successful 5:2 week, next week. Love youse all! CM xx

Thanks & great to hear from you in depth CM. Woohoo, a new PB! Now you have some lovely new clothes to show off in – and I bet people will really notice the new ‘us’ (all of us) when summer comes. I still wear some of my fat clothes as I hate to chuck them out but I’m sure I will learn to let go by the time next winter rolls around. I bought another pair of pants today too, love those sales, $29 marked down from $199. Not that I would ever pay the latter. Can’t help you with the toning, hate exercises but I understand pilates is very good. I’m still looking at that fitball collecting dust.

Bryan Adams, Sting, Billy Joel – all good ones too. I have a photo of me & two girlfriends before going to the Billy Joel ‘Uptown Girls’ concert in San Diego. I have sometimes put this photo on the fridge over the ensuing decades whenever I hoped to lose weight to remind me how I used to look. We’re all in mini skirts, fishnets, looking down and dirty and we had front row balcony seats. Everyone was up and dancing & Mr Joel spotted we three girls and invited us to join him on the stage. My girlfriends wouldn’t go down. Ah, the good old days.

In the past, people have written on these pages about dancing around the home on their FDs. I thought they were a bit bonkers. Today I did just that. In between vacuuming & mopping. Feeling a bit manic today.

Cinque, I love Avalon. I have every Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music album ever recorded. So funny what you said about people politely keeping quiet while we gained weight! Years ago, a girlfriend of mine went up to another lady she hadn’t seen for some time and patted her on the stomach saying, “how exciting, you’re expecting again” and the woman replied, “no, still trying to get rid of the original baby fat”.

EA, I don’t know the Smiths but I was a scruffy backpacker back then hitching through Africa so I missed quite a lot of the early eighties. I’m going to educate myself now.

Had dinner at our local Italian place this evening. OH had pizza, teen had pasta and the martyr in the family had a grilled chicken salad.

Don’t despair JJulie & all who are stuck on a weight. We’ve all been there. You’ll be fine.

Yes Thin it’s hard to chuck out those clothes we’ve been used to wearing over the years, but I think now spring is here they will soon be put away forever. Luckily my top half hasn’t reduced as much as below the belt! So thankfully I can still wear most of my tops.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,601 through 6,650 (of 28,029 total)

You must be logged in to reply.