first week complete but no weightloss

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
first week complete but no weightloss

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jojo58 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• hi all! well i had my first official weigh in this morning and not single pound off 🙁 however i weight on friday morning after 4 days and i had lost 3 lbs i did a fast day that friday and the weekend i kept within reccomended calories. so i guess im feeling bit frustrated with this mornings results. im thinking i may change weigh in to a friday instead of the monday.. im praying this diet will work for me !!! anyone had dissapointing first weigh ins but been successfull the next weeks after ?

hi Keeleyjs

please don’t feel discouraged,one week is not very long and it takes a little while for things to “kick” in lol, I didn’t start loosing for a few weeks and like you was wondering why and what was I doing wrong! nothing!!

don’t get too obsessed with those scales, mine are hidden away 🙂 and every month or so I will fish them out lol
    stick with it and the magic will begin, good luck 🙂

@keeleyjs 5:2 doesn’t always show immediate results like some other weight loss plans. Everyone is different and some people have results right away for 2-3 weeks and then stop for a while. Others have no immediate results then after the 2-3 weeks have a big drop.

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to it – our bodies do what our bodies do. It can be very frustrating but as you will see from many other posts, you often need to carry on for at least 4-6 weeks before you can see a difference.

Just hang on in there

xx

Hi Keeleyjs,

I had exactly the same when I started the 5:2, no weight loss at all the first week. Then I lost 4lbs in the second week and since then have been on a steady 1 – 2 lb loss a week so hang on in there! As everyone says everyone’s bodies are different and sometimes it takes time to adapt to this new way of eating.

Keep going and good luck!

thanks guys
    it encouraging to know that its common, i have a holiday beggining of july and want an average of 2lb a week of so hopefully over the course of time it will average out as that but to be honest i will take what i can get lol i have really stuggled over the past year with losing weight since i change contraceptive! i started first week with a 4;3 istead oof 5;2 so hoped i would lose. its a fast day today and its been so easy i havent eaten anything yet and dont even feel like it! so i think above anything battle through a 4;3 has really help in training my body to cope with the fast days !! heres to another week! but def gonna weigh on a friday instead! hope you all doing well!

Hello everyone. I hail from Ohio USA. I picked up a Fitness Magazine that had an article on 5:2 Fast Diet and instantly knew this was the way to go. I was already doing a modified eating pattern on my teaching days…
    At the end of my second week, I feel leaner, scale hasn’t moved though…definitely more energy, have noticed I get “fuller” faster but my sweet cravings! Just plain terrible. I truly hope these seize soon…
    I am a bit confused about something…the book states optimally to fast for 24 hours but Dr Mosley eats breakfast and then 12 hours later eats dinner…

My daughter is on week five with no weight loss. She is now planning to record non fast days and restrict it to 1200. Don’t give up, become an expert on your own calorie limits.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.