First Post- 4th week

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  musicgirlalaska 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I am on my fourth week of the 5:2 plan. The first two weeks were not fun- headaches, feeling exhausted, salivating when a coworker made anything in the breakroom. πŸ™‚ Weeks three and four have been a lot better. I realized that I need more calories in the day so I don’t feel so tired and less calories in the evenings. Green tea has helped prevent headaches.

This is a typical day for me:
    Spinach smoothie with unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 banana
    Spinach salad with Newman’s Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (only 17.5 calories for a TBS)
    WW veggie soup
    Lots of tea and water

I have lost 7 pounds so far and am pretty hopefully that will continue. I would like to loose about 17 more.

Any tips, suggestions, strategies from those people who have been in the program for several months? Please tell me the pounds stay off. πŸ™‚

Haha hey Alaska! Oooh I want to visit Alaska some day. Anyway.

The pounds do stay off as long as you stick to the program! You often hear about people going into “maintenance” by switching to 6:1 for example. You’ll find out what works for you, just as you did after the first few weeks of the diet!

I like spinach, can’t imagine having it in a smoothie though. Then again I can’t imagine drinking anything else but water atm. πŸ˜‰

Oh and congrats on the 7 pounds!

Hi…& Congrats on your weight loss πŸ™‚

I started the 5:2 on August 20th of this year & to date I’ve lost 17 lbs – Some fast days go by great, but I’ve had a 1 or 2 that were hard. I find if I have a teaspoon of Peanut Butter, it helps tremendously! During the past weeks, I’ve had 2 of them with weight gains & 1 that I stayed the same. The rest of the time I had losses, which have totaled to date the loss of 17 lbs. I would like it to go a little faster, but I’m happy w/the loss & feel like I can continue w/this diet. It does get easier πŸ™‚

Congrats on your weightloss as well Donna! 17 lbs yay ^^

Congrats on your 17lbs indeed!! Interesting what you said about the peanut butter. My fast day yesterday was the hardest yet from start to finish and instead of feeling great after my evening run I felt like my body was about to implode!! Haha anyway, so this morning I was also not feeling great and planning a day out of the house away from the cupboard, but I had a teaspoon of PB and strawberry jam and feel all back to normal!! PB is magic I reckon πŸ˜€

Hi and well done on your weight loss. Keep it up.

Where do you find your Newman’s Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing? I love that stuff!

Steph

Hi, great weight losses…. Can people tell me whether they are watching what they eat the other 5 days? Thanks very much!

Thanks for all of the replies! It is nice to see other people involved in this.

I have seen the Newman’s Own dressing at Fred Meyer and at Carr’s/Safeway. I love it. I also picked up Annie’s Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette this weekend It is 40 Cal per 2 TBS. Not sure what it taste like, but I like the low calories.

I have been trying to eat healthy on the weekdays and enjoying the weekends. Although, but also not obsessing about what I am eat. I save that for the fast days.

Hey Woolors, if you have a look around the forum you can already find a ton of information about your question. The idea of the diet is to eat towards your TDEE on the other 5 days (which you can calculate on this site under how?).
    I think, especially at the start, you have to keep an eye out on what you eat and how much is in it. Then, when your body adjusts you’ll be able to eat more instinctual and don’t have to worry about counting as much any more. The idea is to eat what you want, but that means having a piece of chocolate is fine – not 5 bars.

Nice to hear you’re going strong Alaska ^^ Did you lose any more of those 17 pounds you want to shed?

I discovered that my scale was incorrect. I have more than 17 pounds to lose… but I am not discouraged. I am focusing on the fact that those 7 pounds I lost, not on the overall number. And that 3 additional pounds on top of the 17 are totally manageable.

After 5 weeks, I did loose another pound. I have tweaked my routine a little. I am waiting until about 10 am to have my first food item on the fast days. Before then, I have two cups of hot green tea to keep me preoccupied. This week, we have had several days of -10 degree weather, so the hot tea is perfect. On yesterday’s fast day, I didn’t feel hungry at all. Or maybe I didn’t notice because I was so cold. πŸ™‚

After reading all the comments on peanut better, I remembered something I used to like to eat while on weight watchers, Better ‘n Peanut Butter. I tend to shy away from PB because 190 calories is a lot for 2 TBS, but the other stuff is 100 calories for the same amount. It may not be for everyone, but I’m a fan. Does anyone else have any low calorie foods they recommend?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.