First fast done

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Elphaba 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• First fast done – did it yesterday. I won’t lie and say it was fun, but I survied it. I had some steamed veggies and 2 boiled eggs at about 2pm, then at 7pm a heap of steamed veggie and 80 cals worth of chicken.

I think I missed wine more than I missed food! But the best thing about it was that I woke up this morning and thought “ok, that’s it til Monday” and I can have wine tonight (it IS Friday, after all).

I thought I would wake up and inhale food all day, but it’s 10.30 and all I’ve had is one slice of wholemeal bread, and I’ll have a banana before I hit the gym at lunch time, after which I’ll eat the yummy chicken salad I’ve brought in to work. Giving myself permission to eat whatever I want seems to have done something bizarre!

It’s amazing what you can cope with when it’s just for one day. I’m not weighing myself until Tuesday morning, which is my normal weigh day. But I feel pretty good.

Well done on your first day! Mine is today! I am sure we can do this 🙂

I have cut back on my wine intake since January – I found that it really doesn’t bother me drinking anymore!

My first day was yesterday and it wasn’t too bad. I had 40g porridge with water for breakfast, went for a 45 min swim, bought some more flavoured green teas. I had cranberry yesterday and it was lovely and drank lots of water. We had veg stir fry for dinner, it came out at approx 275 cal each portion and I have to admit I struggled to get through it but amazingly it was an hour after that I felt hungry, so had another green tea. Just before bed I was looking through the cupboards, as you do, and found some rice cakes for only 29 cal each, so after 2 of those I had about 10 cal left so went to bed at 9.45 with a glass of water to continue reading the fast book. It was ok especially when I just tell myself I can eat normally today.
    I’ve just had natural fat free yoghurt with oatbran, some grapes and an apple, so that’s me fed until salad at lunch time.
    My idea for the weekend is to find some good under 350 cal meals and plan out the next few weeks meals for fast days. The hardest thing I find is not having the right foods in the house, so if I have a menu it stops me thinking about food all the time.
    Looking forward to a healthy eating weekend with the odd glass of wine or two thrown in and we will see what Wednesday brings ( my first proper weigh in since starting, though I weighed this morning and lost 2lb but I appreciate this is artificial straight after a fast day).

My first day was yesterday too, and it went suprisingly well. Just as you, Elphaba, I thought that I would wake up today and seriously crave food, but I’ve actually not eaten anything yet. Am contemplating a piece of fruit now, though.

Moving onwards and upwards 😀

Great to hear all the other new starters. And that we aren’t doing it too tough. Let’s stick with it! I look forward to chatting with you all over the coming months and seeing how we all go. The mutual support makes it so much easier.

Half way through my first day today, struggling abit..think I’ll fill up on water..

Go the water Cariadjude. It really does help. So does herbal tea.

Today is my second fast. I hope it goes well! Hang in there all the other Monday fasters!

First weigh in this morning (after 1 week and 2 fasts). Only lost 200g, but I’m not too worried. My pants feel looser and I feel great!

Yesterday’s fast was way easier than the first one. And again, not that hungry today. I had a small breakfast, some salad and leftover roast lamb for lunch, and an apple a few minutes ago. I can stick with this!

I am on my first fast today and have been worried for the last couple of days about how I would find it! However, after reading these posts I’m feeling much more convinced that it will be worth it!!

Today is my third fast day. Feeling good. Nowhere near as hungry as I was on the past 2. And I have had a horrendous day during which I would normally comfort eat, so I’m pretty impressed with myself!

You can do it daff!

Thanks Elphaba – I made it through Day 1 and am on my second fast day today. Feeling much more prepared, and actually quite relaxed!! Congrats on making it through your third day, you should be impressed with yourself 🙂 Comfort or stress eating is my biggest challenge too.

I’m on my second day today too. Day 1 was tough buyt yesterday I ate less than usual because I wasn’t that hungry – weird! It’s great to read posts from people doing it longer and get advice – plus also to aspire to the same successes!

My third fast day was yesterday, and I can honestly say, hand on heart, that it was easy. I never thought I would say that. EVER!

Good work Daff85 and Cathyork!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.