Finding the right "500" for me.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Finding the right "500" for me.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I found that on my fast days I became grumpier and felt more “on edge”. Then I realized that my 500 calories on the fast days were coming almost entirely from protein and fats.

My theory is that low blood sugar might be causing my mood shifts, so I restructured my 500 calories so that they come almost entirely from complex carbohydrates (oatmeal or granola) with my fats for the day coming from fish oil and essential fatty acid gelcaps. When I know it is for the short-term, I can handle a very unimaginative and boring menu. After all, tomorrow I will be free!

Of course my experience is anecdotal, but somebody once said that the plural of “anecdote” is “data”. Maybe I’m just not a very nice guy, but switching to complex carbs for my 500 fasting calories I find myself feeling less irritable than before.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

FastJimmy, I am the opposite! If most of my calories come from protein and fat, with a small amount from carbs, I feel full for several hours and have energy and a stable mood, whereas if I my meal gets most of its calories from carbohydrates, I’m hungry again in an hour or two, and have more difficulty getting through the day. Just goes to show that there is a wide range of peoples’ ability to tolerate high-carbohydrate foods/diets and everyone needs to try different strategies to find out what works for them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.