Fell Off The Wagon and Smacked In The Butt With It

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fell Off The Wagon and Smacked In The Butt With It

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alfie2blue 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Well after some considerable time I am ‘back on the wagon’. I went out today to buy a new dress and believe me standing in the changing rooms with tears in my eyes has been the final boost I needed.

I am 43, 5ft 5in and weigh in at 15stone 10pounds. The heaviest I have ever been.

Anyways I am making myself post on here, get some tips for excersise and am going to be more pro-active and organise my fast days better. Also on my non-fast days I am going to watch what I eat – I think I used the idea that you can eat what you like literally.

I will post again next Wednesday with hopefully a few pounds off.

Hello YL43,

I found that if I didn’t try to take on too much with this diet that it made it easier. Try not berate yourself for ‘falling off the wagon’. Some weeks I do well, others I don’t do so well, I just wipe those weeks immediately out of my mind and carry on regardless. It is the carrying on that is the important thing and no more berating yourself for falling off any kind of diet wagon, you just stepped off for a while always intending to step on again. I guess what I’m trying to say is:

Be kind to yourself

And just restart, don’t set yourself the goal of eating a lot less on non fast days too (yet) as if you can’t reach that now extra goal as well as starting the Fast Diet again you’ll feel like a failure. Why not just start again first? Gold star for that. Find a few regular meals and drinks that make up your fast calorie allowance that you like and are filling, easy to make. Gold star for that. Then allow yourself a few weeks to get used to this way of eating. Another gold star and then only then, when you are in a rhythm and it’s nearly second nature to fast a couple of days a week, think about cutting further calories on other days – Otherwise it becomes another diet with the usual negative emotions attached to whether you stick to it or not. One of the joys of this way of eating for me has been the freedom of all the negative emotions associated with dieting.

In any case, best of luck! You can do it!

YorkieLass43, I’m a few years your junior but we started out with pretty comparable numbers other than that. So here’s what worked for me:

Apparently I was full of visceral fat because I didn’t notice any change in my size for the first 2 months, when I finally thought “Hmm, s’pose I’d better weigh myself” I was already well under 14stone (somewhere between a 14-18lb drop in 8 weeks). Since then the loss in weight has dropped off considerably month by month, with me having to make changes to the timings, types of food, exercise I do etc. in order to kick start losses again but if I only weigh once a month then I do ALWAYS see a drop month on month, even if it’s only slight.

When I started I knew nothing about individual TDEE calculations etc. so I just used 500 cals for fastdays and tried to stay at 2000 for non-fastdays. I guess I was so overweight to start with that that worked fine for me and it’s a pretty generous allowance for non-fastdays, so maybe try that?

Now obviously I’m a bit smaller and closer to my goal weight, so I do need to know ‘real’ BMR and TDEE numbers and try to stick within them on non-fastdays, otherwise I slow to a crawl or just maintain.

Don’t worry too much about introducing more exercise to your life right away. I didn’t up my exercise at all until I was about a year in to 5:2 and I’ve only really significantly upped it again in the last 3 months, so it really isn’t necessary for success, unless you just want to do it anyway for yourself.

Best of luck – I am now 5ft4 and 11stone 5lb (at last weigh in) by the way, so this could be you in 18 months or so.

The very best of luck. I agree with all above, especially be kind to yourself. <3

I look I ate the Wagon with a side order of fries, back on the wagon myself now too 🙂

Some great posts on here that I too have found useful, especially EasterBunny, thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.