Feeling sick and dizzy on first feast day after fast

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Feeling sick and dizzy on first feast day after fast

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  peedubb23 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I am a brand new 5:2 eater. My first fast day went well and I found plenty of lovely things to eat and ate three small meals – ending with a stir-fry in the evening. I felt a little light-headed around 4pm but had a cup of tea and was ok. I went to bed a little peckish but slept well. Upon waking though, I felt quite nauseous and also dizzy. I had some dry toast and have been fine since. I wondered if this was normal for the first few weeks, just my body getting used to things. Did anyone else experience this at the beginning?

I didn’t experience this and I have done 2 Fast days so far. Did you drink lots of water while you fasted? I had 3 liters of water yesterday plus 4 cups of green tea while I fasted.

I think this is common as your body is getting used to fasting (and I have noticed my mind also plays games). I had similar experience and nowadays (after 10 weeks), I don’t feel dizzy that much.

I fast for 17-19 hours (dinner at 8PM and nothing until 3PM next day) and around 3PM, I drink tea with creamer and 500-600 cal meal around 8PM. I do 2:1 and so far it has been great.

All the best.

2:1 means eating normal for 2 days and fasting the 3rd, right? Also a good approach if you want to see faster results!

I agree it is very important to stay well hydrated during your fast days. Of course, it is always important, but during fast days it’s essential.

Don’t give up, Jani! I’m sure it’s just your body getting used to a fast 😉 Besides, not all fast days are equal. Even if you have been fasting intermittently for some time, you can have bad days when you don’t cope well with the side effects of the fast. But don’t worry, there will always be good days after the bad ones!

I feel rather sick too. When I don’t fast, I feel immediately full and if I go on eating, because my lasagna is tooooo good, I have a stomach ache or a sense of heaviness. Do you think it will change? I mean: do you think i will be able to have a Christmas Lunch without feeling sick again??

p.s sorry for mistakes, I’m Italian 😛

I am just starting to fast and am into my second week. I did 3:1.
    I found that the on day after the fast I got quite wobbly in the afternoon. I ate a small, high protein breakfast, and another small protein heavy lunch. By mid afternoon I felt slightly dizzy and generally unsteady. I ate some white bread to get some quick energy into me but it took several hours for me to get back to feeling normal.
    Is there any protocol for the day after to reload your energy stores?
    Thanks
    Jan
    66 year old male, bmi 27.

I am new to this and haven’t actually started yet. But am I right in thinking that the Fast Days only include 2 meals? I’m wondering how I can work around this because of my work schedule. I’m sure many other 5:2 fasters probably find themselves in the same dilemma. I sit for long hours in a court room, sometimes into dinner time and wonder how I could possibly last from a 9am breakfast to possibly 7.30pm at night. Also because I sit for long hours without a break I tend to avoid drinking water which wouldn’t help. Any suggestions?

I started a 5:2 fast yesterday. Stayed under 500 calories with two meals of plain tuna. Not feeling so well today but will see it through. Does anyone follow a specific plan for no fast days? I’m trying to adhere to less than 1,700 low carb calories on the no fast days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.