February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,590 replies, has 123 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 1,595 total)

• Flourbaby happy birthday 🎂🎉🎁🎊

Day 24 MI, USA NFD

Happy birthday @flourbaby !🎉🎊🎂🍷 Hope you’re having an enjoyable special day

Mom’s day with DS and her sorority at school. We did a pottery painting activity and then lunch at one of our favorite pubs. Not even going to guess calories, just enjoyed and will be ready for a few good FDs this week.

Hope everyone has a relaxing rest of the weekend 🌞

Day 24, UK, NFD

Happy Birthday @flourbaby 🎂

Busy working weekend for me, hope yours is better/more relaxed 🤗

ccco USA NFD Day 24

Today was a successful controlled NFD! Ate fewer calories than my TDEE and feel well today! I am on a roll keeping to the tenets of the 5:2 fast. Hope all is well with everyone and have a great evening! 🙂

Happy birthday, dear @flourbaby ♫♪♫ happy birthday to YOU!

Day 25 NSW Australia NFD
    Hi everyone
    Just checking in.
    Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you are getting up to. Bye for now!

Day 23 Sarasota, Florida NFD
    DAY 24 NFD Up to or over my TDEE on these two travel days. I’ll do a CD tomorrow and two FD’s this week. Welcome @diana123 and congratulations. I’m on maintenance after losing 16 pounds. Being accountable to the group/forum is important for me.

Day 25, UK, FD
    A few bad food days and weight has shot up. Time to get back on the wagon. Belated happy birthday @flourbaby

Day 25 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD

Did an unintended FD yesterday, just wasn’t hungry. Tried on my fitting dress this morning, it’s quite tight so tomorrow another FD. Only 10 days to work, I’m glad it’s almost over.

Pocketlist for Day 19, if you want to join please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56

Take care everyone!

Day 25 – UK – NFD
    Day 24 – NFD

Had a good FD on Friday – weight was 53.8kg post FD so still maintaining nicely well below that 55kg mark – I do love this WOL ☺️

Yesterday OH did a fell race and I went along – a lovely drive to the start, just over an hour from where we live, he enjoyed the race which although sunny was very cold up top apparently!!!!! I had a fab time doing a walk and then enjoying a pot of tea and a lovely cheese and chive scone in front of a beautiful fireplace – we then went out for a lovely Thai meal that evening 🥂 Fab Feast Day!

Woke up to another beautiful sunshiny day ☀️ if a bit chilly but feeling good

@flourbaby – wishing you a belated but Very Happy Birthday – I’m sure you had a fabulous time 🎂🥂🎈🎁
    @okeydokey – have not heard from you for a few days – hope all went well with your Dad’s surgery 🤗
    @leggit – sounds like you are doing great
    @diana123 – good job – you are going to look fab in that dress 👗 for your daughter’s wedding!
    @basyjames and @ktcaroline – hope your Day 23 FD went well……
    @scotrodg – great job in maintaining “After a funny week where my routine changed”
    @shinything – I just love, love freshly made sourdough bread…….a bit too much for my own good if truth be told, so I no longer bake as I found that I just ate too much of it – Instead I now enjoy a slice or two with avocado, poached eggs and a sprinkling of feta and seeds when out for brunch once a week instead!
    @coda – Thinking of you today so lots of 🤗
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – treading water is fine…..
    @daffodil2010 and @toddybear – great Rugby this weekend for Ireland 🇮🇪and Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    @annemarilyn – sounds like so many memories made to treasure during this fantastic time in Peru – safe return home x
    @moodswings – welcome to this great WOL – I echo @simcoeluv informative post to you – I agree that 16:8 is not a diet but it is a way of eating and can be incorporated in the 5:2 lifestyle if you wish.
    By the way I follow 16:8 daily, as I am not an early breakfast person (I never wake up feeling hungry!! weird I know!!!!) so I tend to have 2 meals a day on my NFD and only 1 on my FD (saving my calories for my evening meal as this suits me)
    @diverdog – hope you feel better soon

Remember that 5:2 is a WOL and not a DIET – therefore it’s a permanent way of eating and it’s all about creating healthy habits, rather than restrictions!
    I think that most of us with time realise that all things CAN be enjoyed BUT in moderation and NOT everyday and certainly NOT in the portions we may have eaten in the past…………

“ONLY I CAN CHANGE MY LIFE. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR ME” Carol Burnett – so sit back and focus on all that is positive, beautiful and wonderful in your life.

Day 25 – Ireland – NFD

Its a beautiful crisp Spring morning here in Ireland, while we wait for the “beast from the east” severe weather conditions that are due to affect us from early in the week. The last time we had a bad winter snow, back in 2010 when we were snowbound for weeks, there actually came a point that no vehicle could get in or out of our village (except for 4 wheel drives). We are surrounded by hills on all sides. That was ok for me as I was able to work from home. Now I work in a local glasshouse so I hope that the snow is not so severe that I cannot venture out.

Had a lovely day yesterday sowing my seeds, then we settled in front of the fire to watch the rugby. Oh what an amazing and exciting game Ireland v Wales was, and such a great win for Ireland. Woo Hoo. Followed later by another super game with Scotland taking a fantastic win from England. Oh I do love the 6 nations rugby, daffodils are out and its Spring time. @at Yes, what a great day of rugby it was indeed.

@annemarilyn enjoy the rest of your trip, it sounds fantastic.

Day 24 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧.
    1lb heavier than the start of the month 4 days left of this month. I’m not messing about on these last days and will be totally focused for the March challenge. I know where I’m going wrong and will put it right as of today.

Day 25, Newcastle, FD

I have allowed the combination of my broken foot and 15 days of a horrid virus to totally derail me. In just two weeks since returning from our holiday, I have undone virtually my entire year’s work and this morning weigh in at 143.5lbs. Never mind, I know 5:2 works, so starting out again with an FD today.

I have been re-reading @simcoeluv‘s posts and read a very timely and helpful post on another thread this morning. Putting things into perspective and planning for the week ahead will soon have me back on track.

Love and peace to you all.

Day 25 – London – NFD

Bugs persisting feeling rotten and because of this had to cancel seeing our son and his partner, coming today from Cambridge, very disappointed as we haven’t seen them since just before Christmas.

Positive is that I’m not hungry so NFD are more like CD.

Sympathies to those coping with challenging times and wishing everyone a happy and positive end to the week. X

2nd post

Just been updating my 5:2 tracker and looking back at previous entries. Exactly one year ago, 25/2/2017 I posted my weight – and it was exactly what I weigh today. Thank goodness I’m no longer paying a £5/week fee to attend a slimming club!!!

I’m feeling very thankful for this site and all the support so generously given.

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD (CD)

Must make today more controlled than yesterday. I think the mixed nuts I bought the other day are doing me in. They are so tasty for a late night snack, but it seems they are not good for me.

Had a lovely lunch with eldest daughter in the suburbs before seeing 2 granddaughters in a “Les Mis” production. They were tremendous, but then again, they ARE my granddaughters. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 25, Finland, just a surviving day!

Hi everyone! Positive things first….happy belated birthday to @flourbaby! Hope you had a great day.

Next positive thing….This terrible month is almost over! This month has been..is being… a train wreck for me. I started off the month sick, i am ending the month sick. I suspect it’s the same bug just recycled. While my eating was ok, it had nothing to do with being mindful. Then after i recovered it was my birthday….and birthday eating just went on and on and on! I haven’t kept up to date with the posts, and I think it made a big difference to my not finding the light….I was hoping to have a fresh start tomorrow, starting a new job, perfect time to reset, but here is the flu again.

So, to those who have had a successful month congratulations. To those who are doing it tough, next week is another month already, and we can all help each other jump back on the wagon.

Day 25……Florida…..NFD

Good Morning one and all!

So, I was looking at my fast tracker this morning. Can you believe that I lost 7lbs this month but my weight is the same as the day I started this on Feb. Yep, started on Feb 1st at 129 and as of today, I’m 129!
    So it’s safe to say weight loss is possible on 5:2 but so isn’t weight gain, if your not paying attention! But I feel after I read that, I have jumped on a yo-yo! Up and down, up and down. So, I must really buckle down and either stop the yo-yo or jump completely of it.

I’m headed this morning to go see the last part of 50 shades with my bestie, then coming home and taking my MIL shoe shopping!

@moodswings…….. Here is my suggestion with the reason why….. I would choose 2 days a week, and only eat 500 calories on those days. On the other 5 days eat with in your TDEE, the calculator for it is up in resources at the top of the page.
    For all 7 days of the week, incorporate more veg into you diet as well as more fiber, cut down on your carbs. Drink your recommended amount of water daily, It about half your body weight. Example I weight 129, my recommend intake of water is 70 Oz.
    Creating a running list of everything you eat and track your flare ups of IBS.
    Water and fiber will help flush out your digestion, 5:2 will give your gut a bit of rest and recovery. And tracking food versus flare up will tell you foods that should avoid to prevent flare up of your IBS. Finally, PORTION CONTROL……. this key!

Now, the why…..I have IBS with constipation, I would be in constant pain and suffering through it daily. My sister also suffers from it but with very loose stools. Both of us have nearly corrected the flare up. I still have moments every couple months, I’ll have a flare up, but mostly I avoid foods that trigger it, stay on my WOL to the best of my ability.

5:2 is a WOL, not a diet or quick fix. You’ll struggle sometimes but it will be well worth it. In Oct. of 2016, I committed myself, joined this wonderful group and have had a wonderful journey of self discovery. I’ve lost weight, found that I love myself more than I every thought possible and I won back things I had lost…..

Good luck to you and welcome!

Okay well I’m off!

I talk a lot of smack for someone who tips over while trying to put on their underwear!

Day 25, London, UK, NFD

A heartfelt thank-you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday, I heard your tuneful rendition @songbirdme!!!!

Well the B’day is a distant memory, last night, I was comfortably stuffed after my main meal, then the restaurant staff surprised me with a Thai tiramisu (sans candle!!!) dimmed lights and a song!!! Soooooo worth the calories!!!

@coda, stay strong today, although it probably feels like it is, remember, it’s not forever!!!!

I’m putting the birthday celebrations behind me now, it’s not like I need to highlight them anyhow, more often than not I tell people I stopped counting at 30!!!!!!

Onward & Downwards people!!!!!

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

2nd post

Of course the pocket list is for February 26th, sorry

Pocket list for Day 26, if you want to join please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56

Day 25 – USA – NFD

Day 26 – Fife, Scotland – NFD

Having worked yeserday morning, watched the rugby in the afternoon, we decided to dine out last night so had a trip to St Andrews for a meal in an Italian chain restuarant.
    Ate too much!
    Cycled just over 17 miles on the mountain bike this morning, with a good bit of climbing thrown in but have subsequently arrived home ravenous.
    Given we are already scheduled to have a chinese take away for dinner tonight, I’m going to have to work hard next week to keep the momentum going.

Rodger

Day 25 Sunny but cold Belfast NFD
    I haven’t had time to catch up with the posts since Friday, but will settle down this evening. Just home from having some rather indulgent family time finishing off with a lovely Thai meal. It seems very quiet here.
    While the scales aren’t down, my skinny jeans are quite baggy now.

Happy belated birthday to @ Flourbaby
    Great post @annemarilyn. Hope your foot is holding up.
    @daffodil I echo your rugby sentiments. A great day’s sport.
    @coda – sending you ((Hugs))
    @scotrodg if your weather is like ours, what a great day for a cycle!

Slow progress is better than no progress.

ccco USA FD Day 25

Today turned into a fast day when I accidentally slept until 11:00 a.m. That left only two meals, so I decided it would be easy to turn it into FD! LOL I think all that water is causing me to wake up multiple times during the night, so that is contributing to my sleep ins. I am making up for lost time! Good luck everyone! Have a great day!

Day 25 North Wales NFD

Day 25 Stevenville Maryland USA NFD

Hi everyone, family is still visiting and I stayed just above my TDEE’s yesterday. I did have a lovely glass of Maison Louis Latour Macon-Luguny Les Genievre from Beaune France with my delicious 409 calorie Maryland crab cake. This morning I ate an 800 calorie bagel and lox so will be eating a very light dinner and family will not be here then.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind and have a great day/night.

Day 25, Gozo Malta, nfd

Today we brought Chinese take away for lunch. I also had mulled fruity wine, two glasses or one cup because I warmed it in the microwave oven. This afternoon I had a cheeselet patty made by members of the Eucharist meeting I attend every week to raise funds for the local youth center and which were for sale outside church yesterday evening. I also had some leftover Chinese rice noodles with 🥩 beef.

Tomorrow is a fast day for me the first of B2B2B.

Good night 🌙💤😴 everyone. Stay strong .

ccco USA FD Day 25

Just successfully finished my FD and have locked up the kitchen for the day! Have a great day everyone (for at least what’s left of it) and will be back tomorrow! Stay strong! 🙂

Day 25 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 24 – NFD
    Day 23 – NFD

Good 90km cycle today in fabulously bright weather ahead of the snow which is forecast.
    FD tomorrow after a post cycle feed tonight…
    Hoping to stick to two fast days to finish out February.

Hi everyone from NI day 25 slow day for me and considering, not bad at all.

Not caught up on a few pages b4 this one.

Kept it together as we waved him goodbye this morning with just a little wobble this afternoon as he text ‘boarding’ for the flight to USA. I know some of you have been in this position and I really appreciate the thoughts and hugs sent my way. Hugs back (()) x

I’ve tracked his flight as it crosses Canada and hopefully will wake up to word he has landed and then boarded his flight to Auckland. The world suddenly seems a vast place or is that just because I come from a tiny place that you can travel top to bottom in one day. I am so proud of him chasing his dream but will miss him so much. He would always have a wee chat if I was still up when he came home at night. I’ll miss that. Thank goodness for the likes of whatsapp, FaceTime, Skype and Facebook. I’ll probably feel less anxious once he is safe on the other side. Thanks for listening lol

You and me @strawberriesandcream together – I hadn’t like to admit I had managed to fall back to a point it had taken me months to get away from. But this is a way of life not a diet and we’ll get back and further this time – just in time for Christmas no doubt lol. I once added up if I had been paying a slimming class £5 each week what it would have cost and it was hundreds of £’s.

I may have missed it if on a previous page but has anyone put their hand up to lead and inspire us for next month’s challenge?

Pocketlist for Day 26, if you want to join please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56
    @coda

Joining the pocket list for today – day 26
    London UK

@snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor

Have a good day everyone. Wrap up warm in London…

Day 25 NFD Oregon USA

@strawberriesandcream, @coda –you are both so awesome (and strong) . Thank you for sharing your struggles and realities of figuring out food and drink in this WOL. Here’s the thing–and I know you both know this–it hasn’t been when you were actually practicing the true 5:2 when you had setbacks. It’s when we get derailed and suddenly we are back to our old ways (not this WOL but the one that got us to the pain point in the first place). And as you both point out–here we are, 100% free of charge in this great forum, with a very viable plan to lose weight and all we have to do is WORK the PLAN. 🙂
    I for one, am simply someone who wants to live in some fairy land where I don’t have to pay attention to calories, or what I’m eating, don’t have to exercise and miraculously I stay thin. Well…um…duh…that place doesn’t exist. I remember once when going through Weight Watchers several years ago. The instructor said something that I still hear in my mind. She asked us to think about all of our “skinny friends”–those ones that seem to be able to eat whatever they want–and she said, I guarantee you that every single of one of your skinny friends watches what he/she eats. They watch their weight. And though you may not see it, they take action whenever they aren’t happy with either. I was like–hmmm….ok so to be skinnier I have to actually watch what I eat, and watch what I weigh…seems reasonable. I’m not even saying that with sarcasm–it was truly like a lightbulb moment. But STILL I seem to gravitate to fairy land.

The great thing about this WOL is that when I apply the strategy, having this fantastic forum, it has actually resulted in losing weight when I really had almost given up hope on finding anything that would work for me.

The weekend has been–well the weekend. 🙂

It’s going to be a tough putt for me to even hit my Friday morning number by Wednesday.

Definitely adding to the pocket list for tomorrow:

Joining the pocket list for – day 26

@snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44

Hugs to all who need one. ❤️️

Day 25 NFD Las Vegas NV

Well I’m up 7 lbs this month! Good news is I’m finished with the antibiotics and I’m starting to recharge my gut with broad spectrum pro-biotics from pills, sheep yogurt and sauerkraut. Good LBWO today. As soon as my gut feels normal I’m going to do a 5 day fast.

Day 26…NSW Australia…NFD

Hi everyone
    I enjoy reading all your posts. Only 2 days left in February then it’s Autumn in my part of the world – cooler weather, nicer days!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 26 – Ireland – FD

You make perfect sense @mjrbcd44, I found this month frustrating because I derailed a few times and it’s so crazy because January had been such a good month for me..

Although I’m very active I just have to accept that I can’t eat whatever i want and expect to shrink or at best stay the same size!

If I look at my slim and non-active pals I notice that their food choices are different… although they have never been on a diet or appeared to watch their weight they don’t like mayo, cream, etc..It’s not rocket science..oh if only I “didn’t like” those nice things 🙄

Adding myself to today’s pocket list:

@snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44
    @jaifaim

Day 26, Finland, FD

New day, new week new job new start!

@snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73

Have a successful day everyone, and stay warm!

Day 25, Norway, FD

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I had a lovely weekend. Yesterday was a spectacular Spring day, so dry and bright, I enjoyed glasses of crisp white wine whilst sitting in our glass covered patio admiring the day 😊

Three days left of Feb. I need to dispatch 5lbs if I am to hit February goal 😬. It has been a month of running to stand still. Oh well. I plan 3 fast days in a row, don’t think I will throw in a liquid fast as it’s supposed to get exceptionally cold this week, and I suffer with cold when fasting.

I am on my phone so can’t copy and paste but I am with today’s pocket fasters. Together we are stronger.

Only three days left and no March Challenge set up? If nobody puts up their hand I can always set up a new post for March? We have to keep the momentum going 👍

Day 26 – UK – Reading – FD

I’ve got 1lb to lose to reach my Feb goal. Quite optimistic if I can do the two FDs I’m planning.

So you are in my pocket Daffodil2010. So I think I do a pocket list …
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010

Day 26 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Day 26, Newcastle, FD

I’ve scooped up the various pocket lists for today and added them together. Spotted @missybear is fasting too.

@snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @Strawberriesandcream

Thank you so much for your responses @coda and @mjrbcd44. Much appreciated just when I need them.

After a good FD yesterday, the scales are much kinder this morning at 139.7lbs. Need to build on that, so going for another FD today.

All the best folks.

Day 26, UK, FD
    77.5 kg. 2nd day of B2B. Need a good last few days to bring any kind of respectability to the month.

Day 26 – UK – FD

No one seems to be putting their hand up for leading the March Challenge – I led the March 2017 challenge so happy to do a one year anniversary repeat if no one else is willing to take it on – it would be a shame not to continue the health and weight loss inspiration challenges inaugurated by @coda in May 2016!

Thanks @strawberriesandcream for the combined Pocket List – I’m adding myself to today’s list:
    @snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @at

“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up ends up being the biggest step of your life”

Hello all day 26 Fast day in NI

What about if no one is leading for March if @daffodil2010 copies the spreadsheet and renames it March with just deleting the info goals etc but keeping the names and those that want to use it can? Would that be simple to do? And a new thread started by someone for our March challenge – I am expected to get quite busy in work and our internet at home is pants.

Just saw your post @at lol – thank you for your offer!

I’m actually putting you all close to me today and determined today is going to be a good fast day.

Pocket list for Day 26, if you want to join please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @at

2nd

@mjrbcd44 – so true – thank you x

Day 26, London, UK, NFD

Still struggling to actually keep my head above water at the moment, I’m thinking of giving March a miss, just to get myself together. I really don’t know at this point.

I was aiming for a CD today, but I’ve just had a cheese toasty for breakfast; a meal I NEVER have anyway…………… can you say self-sabotage????

I’m planning to check-out my most successful weeks, re-read those positive posts and stick to the eating plan I recorded on MFP during that time …………………….. I couldn’t possibly cock that up????

I need to be kinder to myself because it becomes a vicious cycle of guilt then self-recrimination then effectively throwing in the towel – I suppose that’s emotional eating!!!

I’m just blowing off steam to be fair, because I CAN’T say I’ll reset next week, it’s now or never, cheese toasty aside, it’s a CD for me, so there!!!!!!

Now that’s what I call a turn-around post, from despair to (a bit more) positivity in a couple hundred words!!!!!

I’m not even letting the blizzard outside get to me, Onward & downwards people, I’ll keep on keeping on……………………. Join me!!!!!

Day 26, Leeds, UK, FD
    Starting weight – 82 kgs (Jan last week)
    Weight as of today – 76.1 kgs
    #Mission 70kgs by May

Added myself for next challenge.
    @at thanks and good luck to you!!

Almost end of February 2018, first month for me here, weight has come down by 6 KILOS, yes very proud of that. Now just keep the focus on and try to shed more until its below BMI .. Who else achieved the target for this month, please add yourself in the list below.
    @suresh3101

For March :

@snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @at
    @suresh3101

Day 26 Newcastle UK FD 🇬🇧.
    @snowflake56
    @coda
    @emma-taylor
    @mjrbcd44
    @jaifaim
    @kerryn73
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @at
    @suresh3101.
    @Stevetoontaxidriver.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 1,595 total)

You must be logged in to reply.