Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,961 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 8 hours, 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 35,448 total)

• Thanks ginette,

I am fasting today and have done a full hours work on the wii so am burning calories at the same time.

I have got some home made pea and ham soup planned for later if I need it but am debating about a liquid only day will see how I feel.

Have overdosed on chocolate and rubbish for these past few days so may try your FBD for this week to cleanse my system. Either way I am not being defeated and am back on 5 2!

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Well done on exercising. I must say FBD was easier for me than I had anticipated. It also gives you control back over food. We have three more weeks to go on this so you are welcome to join us. Nothing from Fran yet.:((

I had eaten two much of the wrong foods over Easter and after two weeks I really felt the change. We would all welcome you there. If you decided to stay for the three it would finish in time for the wedding.

I must admit liquid days are a personal choice, not for me but I know some people find them easy.

As you know each person has to adapt to their own way.

Ginette

Bugger. Put on 1lb over weekend so only 1lb loss last week in total. Never mind, it’s still a loss and it’s a FD today. Unfortunately my fitsteps class has been cancelled as instructor is I’ll so guess I’ll have to hop on the rowing machine

Happy fasting everyone!

Welshy xXx

Welshy,

Well done for your 1 lb loss, you did really well to have guests and still lose weight.

I bet before you started 5 2 you would have put at least a couple of lbs on when entertaining.

Celebrate your loss and enjoy your fast day.

Audrey

Well done Welshy. 1lb loss is good. That is what I had. I hope we both have more this week.

Ginette

Hi peeps,

Good for you Welshy, that’s great πŸ™‚

I haven’t lost any weight this week,I haven’t gained either, after 3 TDEE in a row, so am pleased. Didn’t feel very inspired this morning, never done a FD on Monday, but getting better as the hours go past. It’s the 1st FD also at home, and when I give my Zumba class, will I be throwing myself around as much? Am going to eat around 3pm then, have Miso after class and loads of water, will live to tell the tale am sure. I’m trying to be a bit more rigorous with the exercise I get lazy after FD’s and can’t be bothered to run πŸ˜‰ Am also a great fan of strength work, more muscle; quicker to burn calories, not a great fan of weights but do use a heavy one for lunges and squats..

Happy Fasting to everyone, here’s to strong Mondays (and the rest of the week)

id love to get 3FD in this week. I actually like it as I find the weekend with 3NFD throws me back into old habits as it’s such a long time. Whereas 3FD (mon/wed/fri) keeps me on track. Only problem is I’m away with partner for nice long weekend and so didn’t really want to fast, but at the same time I know I’ll go over if I don’t. So I think that I’ll spend Friday fasting and then I’ll enjoy the rest. Busy diaries are throwing me a bit this month!!

I’ve finally got the rowing machine out since moving. Really enjoyed it. I’ve found a HIIT routine for rowing which I’m hoping to do every weekday. But I have to admit I don’t know much about HIIT is there a limit/guidance on the frequency you do it? And how does it affect your fasting? I think some of you ladies do some HIIT so would appreciate any help/info.

welshy xXx

Hello Ladies, happy Monday.

OK so it’s official…. Having sugar and going up to 1500 cals, my TDEE is (1966) I WILL GAIN WEIGHT.

It’s the sugar! This is the first time I have gained since I went to Llandudno and ate sugar there (11th April). I have eaten up to 1500 maybe once a week and haven’t gained. As soon as I eat sugar it’s converted to fat! Looking at most people that have gained on this web, sugar has been involved and heavy duty white carbs, breads, pasta, crumpets etc. I gained 1lb, so back up to 16.1lb.

Here’s the funny bit…. I was logging on to come and moan here and got the monthly Fast D newsletter… And what does Michael say, well pretty much what I already know and do. Reduce your refined carbs if your are plateauing/not losing, something I do daily. Some of us just can not tolorate these foods, as we hit our mid 40s there is more and more information coming out about how pre and menopausal women should eat very small amounts of carbs per day. Only 20% of our diets should be carbs and that’s what I aim for most days.

Anyway, I had dessert at my sisters it was Raspberry Roulade and I had a 1/2 svout of vanilla full fat ice cream. The dessert was 220 cals I allowed 100 cals for the ice cream but I didn’t have that much. The dinner was… 3 halves of new potatoes, peas, 100g of lovely ham and a fried egg so that was all fine. I had 2 cups of filter coffee with 3 tablespoons of cream in each and 1/2 tspn of brown sugar, all measured. And for that I gained 1lb lol. I didn’t even go over my TDEE!!!!

So I am not eating today until I go for my meal at my friends where I will eat as if it’s a fast meal and stick to 500 cals. I won’t be having dessert because I just will not have gain a lb for the pleasure of it. I’ve done without them before I can continue. I know I’ll gain a ton in June on my holiday so might as well get as much off as I can before then. Plus I have Ladies Day at the races 29th May, alcohol and a hog roast roll will make me gain lol.

The good news is my family, some of whome I haven’t seen since I started this thought I looked fantastic and the shock on their faces and how pleased they all are was lovely. Although I looked awful and massive on the family pics lol. Still a LONG way to go.

So ladies, eat all that stuff at your peril, most of us WILL gain when we do.

Welshy well done for keeping a lb off over your busy weekend. Being mindfull has really helped you there.

Have a good day everyone, lovely weather here, I’m off to run some errands in my summer maxi dress and sandals lol.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi jaye,

You can come join me in the naughty corner hehe. So much for sugar that’s what did us both in!

Isn’t it good when people notice you are looking better it gives us a real push, I had similar reactions at my mums.

Don’t let gain put you off, just keep on keeping on we will get there in the end.

Audrey

Well I am in good company at least Audrey lol.

I’m out for tea tonight…. another minefield, although like last night the dinner will be fine and I haven’t eaten yet today so no way I will reach my 1500 reduced tdee. But… she had made a Fantastic Passion Fruit Cheesecake. Cheesecake is what I was called in my teens! lol, need I say more!!!

So this week is a washout because I know I will gain again… or just say no as the others eat dessert. I eat out 3 times a week but it is with a friend that I am going away with and he is happy to not eat dessert until we go away so it’s easy to eat well around him. However this gathering, not quite so lol.

Well I will have to work really hard on my none fast days and I can only get 2 in this week! I will try to keep to 1000 on the other days.

Jaye πŸ™

Jaye,

Sounds like you have a handle on it, go out enjoy yourself then back to calorie counting later. Life is for living enjoy it.

Audrey

Sounds like a few of us had a slightly wobbly week and didn’t do as well as we hoped. Never mind, we start again this week with renewed vigour.

Jaye: if you really want some cheesecake then perhaps have half of whatever’s offered (say you’re too full or something) and that way you have the nice taste to satisfy your cravings but not the calories of the whole piece.

I’ve found one way to pass the hungry afternoon: build a shed load of ikea furniture! I’ve not eaten anything today and sooo looking forward to my casserole for tea. Comes in at a shed over 400cal. Nom nom nom

Welshy xXx

Hi Welshy,

Come join me and jaye in the naughty corner if you want to.

It’s good we can see the funny side isn’t it?

Sounds like the idea diet could catch on but very expensive hehe

Enjoy your meal

Audrey

Hi all,

I’m well and truly in the naughty corner having had last week off lots of meals out although I chose well no desserts but too much wine 1 semi fast day I’m sure I’ve put about 3lb on but no weighing myself for a few days hopefully I will have lost the holiday bloat I can’t stand the negative scales reading . I am fasting today and tomorrow so back in control lovely homemade asparagus soup tonight and will stick with soup or omelette tomorrow .

I agree with the sugar debate I think sugar and to many carbs go straight to my stomach , sounds like everybody had a wobble this week thanks to logging on here I’m feeling more positive about getting back to goal by Friday and staying there

Have a great week everyone

Welcome to the naughty corner twiglet,

My it’s getting pretty busy here hehe, at least we don’t have to put big hats on with the letter D lol

I was feeling all alone and miserable a couple of days ago, but in all seriousness it’s good that we can all laugh at our failures.

Audrey

Hi Jaye

You really can’t count that gain as it was only a day and there is always the food in transit reason. We are in it for the long haul. I have to have days that are nice days food wise, it keeps me going. You and I will still be here this time next year.

I’m not in any rush and if I lose a stone less a year through enjoying my life…..so be it. As I have lost about 2 stone in 4 months I am really happy with this. I know you are in a tearing rush to lose the weight…..why? Had a stone a month for me is a fantastic loss. If I only lose 5lb a month this will be fine as well.

Enjoy your life Jaye, if there is a special meal, enjoy it. You don’t do it that often so it won’t affect you too much. You have really big losses nearly every week. I know you are strict, so am I up to a point.

For six weeks on the FBD I am being really strict, yes I hope that afterwards it is easier and that I don’t want as many treats. But I will have some…..be sure of that.

Hi Audrey, Twigglet and Welsy

Remember it’s not the time you went a little over that you need to worry about, as long as you get back to control mode again. All will be well. Don’t feel guilty for the odd treat. If you gain a little occasionally, just get back on the right road and it will be gone in no time. Don’t concentrate on the negative, turn these into posotives…..I believe that this is the key to succeeding.

Well off of my soapbox now…..

Ginette

Hi everyone

Hope all well, completed a FD yesterday, overall good, and got through my Zumba class, don’t think my students thought it was any different, so will do FD’s now mon/wed and hopefully fri πŸ˜‰ Won’t be joining the naughty corner (yet) but had a hungry “moment” yesterday while feeding cat, and eyed her food…noooooo! I didn’t, she’s on a diet as well, so would probably taste like cardboard.

Ginette, that’s such good advice, you have a calming influence.

Today is NFD, and very happy as have a long day at work!

Best to all x

Ginette: I couldn’t agree more. I like to have my tracker graph open on my phone all the time to look at. And it’s not a smooth downwards line, there are a couple of little bumps up (only little ones) but the general trend is downwards. So it’s all good. And I def need some nice food says otherwise I would cave big time and probably binge eat and give up. We are human after all!

And talking of getting back on track…I had a FD yesterday and was really good (about 400), plus some rowing and I’ve lost 2lbs! That’s a first for me, it’s normally one every fast day. So I’ve lost the one I gained and an extra one. I’m back on track for my 2lb a week trend.

Beldy: I normally do a FD on a Monday when I have fitsteps in eve and I find it fine. Obviously I make sure I eat a little earlier (5ish for me) so I’ve digested it before dancing.

NFD for me today but not that hungry for brekkie yet so might not have any (I’ll see how I feel after my morning row) and then I’m meeting a friend for lunch (only a small snacky one on her lunch break) inbetween shopping for my daughter.

Hope you all have a fab day

Welshy xXx

Hi Beldyboop and Welshy

Yes I find the tracker reassuring and reaffirming that at last!! I am doing something right…… After all those years of being so wrong it feels good to be back on the right path again.

This is an interesting article and while I don’t find it necessarily wrong, I think that it is difficult to just eat all the good things. Hence the need to count calories for me. When I am off of FBD I shall probably keep an eye on them before, but still have two or three treats a week. I am worried that I will fall into bad ways.

Before I might have eaten fast food about 3/5 times a month, but lots of processed food and some treats, I can remember 3 chocolate bars for Β£1, the better option would have been to have one…….what do you think I chose!! Then ate all three in a coupe of days. This felt good at the time what is the saying?……a minute on the lips a lifetime on the hips…… How true!!

Welsh well done on your 2lbs. A nice loss.

Hi Beldyboop

Yes keep on countering away, that fat will get bored and just drop off!!

Article below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3077507/Everything-think-know-diets-wrong.html

Ginette

I am a Brit, so hopefully I am welcome here!
    I am getting close to the end of my weightloss journey though…I am down to 128lbs from 182ish.

I made the mistake today of forgetting it was weighing day and drinking a load of water before today, so I have no idea on my loss.

Gutted.

I am from Salisbury by the way!

Hi heaven

(Do you mind if I call you that)? Well done a fantastic loss – over 50lbs. How long did it take you to lose it?

You are the nearest to me geographically at the moment I am about an hour away in Portsmouth.

54lbs to date nearly 4 stone or 25kg. A lot of weight. How long did it take you to do that?

Don’t worry about the water, just weigh tomorrow.

Ginette

Hi all,

The bare naked rice has arrived just in time for my fast day so I am having chilli and rice for my meal which is 220 kcal!

Will let you all know what they are like after I have eaten,

Welcome heaven, weigh in tomorrow and let us know how you have hot on, I weigh in tomorrow too!

Audrey

hi all,

audreyg would love to know what the bare naked rice is like I love the noodles, thanks for the kind words Ginnete and the positivety i agree with your sentiments entirely this has to be a way of life for me now I am so cautious about slipping back to my bad habits .

I am around my goal weight now obviously having a week off last week I have put a bit back but fasting again today so hopefully by the end of the week it will be gone.

Iread back last night in the thread and noticed to conversation on b2b , I started my journey after watching the diet programme about the different types of eating , I did the online test and came out a constant crever and the programme reccomended b2b fasting , well thats how i interpreted it i might be wrong normally am!. I have only ever done b2b fasting allways do mon and tue and keep the rest of the week under control . ive lost 2 stone now , I get no more side effects at all I did get the common ones in the beginning . So many people do 5.2 differently it really is about what works for you , but without this forum I would be lost such great advice and support.

Hi Twigglet

So nice to have reached goal, now it is a matter of readjustment. I agree we all have to find what is right for us. Interestingly, if you did that test again would you be a constant craver now……I bet your answers would have changed.

I think we would all be lost without the forum.

Yes I would be interested in knowing as well Audrey, put a lot of strong flavours with them.

Ginette

By the way Audrey has your game arrived?

Ginette

Hi ginette

No sign of game yet and I am off to caravan tomorrow p.m. till Sunday.

I have made a turkey chilli to go with the rice so will let you all know how it tastes later.

I am eating about 7 I think tonight, the longer I can hold off eating on a fast day the better for me!

Twiglet

Well done on reaching your goal,

Audrey

Hi Audrey have a nice time.

Hopefully weather will hold.

Ginette

I have been on the diet since January, pretty pleased with how things are going x

Change of plans grandchildren coming soon!

The barenaked rice is yummy. Very similar to noodles perhaps not quite as strong! You simply open packet, drain, rinse then microwave for 2 mins! Was extremely filling with the chilli, you do need to put it with something strong tasting, chilli or curry etc.

Same calories as the noodles so ideal for fast days.

Audrey

Thanks Audrey , I will give them a go enjoy having your grandchildren , well done hh for sticking with it since January . It’s definatly a life changer I’m just now re-adjusting a bit to find what works for me to maintain a constant weight on a weekly basis so as not to become obsessed with the scales and also not feel like I’m on a diet it’s all about balance I expect that balance will be different for everyone

Hh you habe had a massive loss great success well done will be interested to know how you plan to maintain ?

Ginette that’s a good point I wonder about taking the test again but after years of yo yo dieting I’ve finally found a way of controlling my wait not staving myself or feel like I’m deprived of a social life or the odd treat so I’m defiantly sticking with this never felt so good.

I’m in the middle of re-vamping my wardrobe with some great clothing rules from Jaye ive bought a few nice dresses of e-bay and can now guarantee I fit easily in a size 12 buying things that suit me rather than just because they fit. I’ve also sold a couple of my nicer dresses on e-bay at least someone will get some joy out of them and I will not be able to put weight back on as I’ll have no clothes !!

Hi Ladies,

Way too much to reply too!

Ginette I don’t consider myself to be in a tearing rush (though I do love my weight has come off so easily ‘so far’ lol), and those who are happy to lose 1/2lb a week I don’t think should lose more unless they are unhappy with it. I do consider this as very serious for me. I’ve been literally crippled by pain, waring joints and obese related ailments, I am unable to work or enjoy daily life as I used to. So yes, I am determined and losing weight is absolutely more important to me than a cake. Once I have lost the weight I want to lose if I want to go back to eating some of the foods I used to eat I might and I’ll have the odd treat but never two days in a row again. To me it’s imperative that I lose this weight and at my pace. That pace happens to be 3/4lbs a week right now because I do for 99% of the time do all I can to lose weight safely and comfortably, and I am absolutely making the most of it by eating the right foods to help me to do that. Plus, I intended to do FBD for 6 wks, not that I had many desserts prior to FBD but I would have prefered not to cave in and eat dessert. I don’t care about treats I caved more from others wanting me to join in. I haven’t since the day I started, I don’t feel deprived at all. I never have, I eat out 3 times a week, I’m enjoying delicious foods and lovely fruits. And I buy myself regular none food treats to celebrate my losses. Because I’ve been in social situations with everyone else this week I’ve had two small desserts, they were half the size of what others ate. I wrote about this today on Facebook. For me, it wasn’t worth having those treats in the end and in future I will say no thanks. The biggest reason was last night when I got home as soon as I sat down I started thinking ‘what can I eat’!!! Wth!? I couldn’t believe that old habit came knocking in my head lol. I have never since my first week out of 13 weeks had this. That old habbit was cracked. That is just my take on it, the way I feel about it and for me I enjoy being strict about sugar. I didn’t get to 19 stone eating fruit, I did it because I couldn’t stop eating sugars in carbs, breads, cereals, crumpets and obviously cakes, biscuits, desserts etc. I know and have wrote about it many times here that sugar in my body is bad news. It turns immeadiately to FAT!!! Even if I’m well below my tdee! This last two days are proof positive to me. Eat sugar/gain weight. I am not saying this is the way to go for anyone else but it sure is for me. Not only did I have the kitchen calling me last night and felt I had to go to bed to get away from it. Today I felt sluggish, uncomfortable, had a bit of a bad tummy and I know that’s from eating sugar because I’ve had it before. And…. I was hungry at 7.30am because my blood sugar hit my boots! I don’t even eat till 1pm at the earliest. But worse I felt I was going backwards, gaining weight, feeling sugar trying to dictate to me that I should eat even when I wasn’t hungry. Those old and awful cravings returning. Yes I want to lose weight quickly if that is possible and thank God so far it has been. I want my life back! I want to be able to get my back and knee sorted so I can walk more than 50 yards without feeling I’m going to fall over. And after losing 2 stone my back was a lot less painfull, after losing the last stone my knee has improved. So if you give me the choice of sticking to a progame and losing 3/4lbs a week and it giving me pain relief or losing 1lb a week, eating treats and it taking me a year to get that pain relief then I’ll take the former. It’s not just about losing weight, it’s about being healthier, less disabled, in less pain and more independent, now that I am in a tearing rush for lol.

Twigglet, love that you have found some lovely new dresses to show off your lovely new figure. I went through my wardrobe last night, I have about a dozen or so long tops/short dresses that I am going to take in over the next few days. They are all bellowing around my arms and very big on the bust. Ive several lovely dresses too but think I will take them to a seamstress to take those in for me. Can’t justify buying lots of new things as I bought quite a lot last summer and over the winter.

Welcome Heavens H, Welcome and a big we’ll do everything! Good luck with tomorrow’s weigh in.

Audrey, I will look for the rice now we have the all clear on it lol.

Had a good day today and feel much more empowered this evening and the kitchen is not calling me lol!

Good luck tomorrow all the fasters joining Ginette and I on our usual Wednesday fast.

Jaye πŸ™‚

I broke my knee about this time last year, and was in a wheelchair for 8 months after some operations – I put all the weight I have lost/loosing on during that time.

It came off quicker than I expected as my knee got better slowly, I will keep everyone up to date with maintaing.

Hi Audrey

Yes enjoy your grandchildren, I hear the weather is changing again…..more rain.

Hi Twigglet

That’s nice to get to the stage of never thinking you will go back to your old clothes.

Hi Jaye

Awww I wasn’t having a go at you it is just you are so determined and don’t seem to take a breath and relax. I can understand that you want to lose weight to help your health problems. That’s what I am trying to do as well.

I know what you mean about the sugar/carb craving though as the day after my meal out I felt this. It was also a fast day.

I walked in to my stepmums and was just about to take the dog up the garden, where in she walked with pie and boiled potatoes. I suppose she though the boiled potatoes would help……… I couldn’t refuse it but took half of the potatoes off. I then went in to see a neighbour and she had put some wrapped chocolate biscuits on a plate. She kept trying to coax me into them and then told me to take them home. I took one to give her pleasure, at least I didn’t have to eat it.

It was a 99 calorie one but it can wait until after FBD. Oh how the kindness of some is your downfall. I have a lady on Sunday who I visit, she always insists of giving me something. I tell her I will take for later, thank her kindly and then when I get to Pams to have dinner give it away. This lady is in her 90s and who am I to spoil her pleasure, I also have a very willing eater to give it to.

Jaye did you have that hospital appointment yet? I thought you were going to be referred for something to help you walk.

Oh heavens

What a bad time you have had. I was on crutches for about 8/10 weeks that was bad enough. I hope you are on the mend. Knee problems are really difficult. I know I have a problem but not in the same league as yours.

Ginette

Dear all

I’m fasting again today, Jayegirl, I too avoid sugar like the plague on FD’s and limit it on NFD’s, big weaknesses, wine and biscuits, both of which I can drink and eat until the cows come home. I get really low blood sugar the next day. Since doing 5:2 have had no low blood sugar, so know it’s working πŸ™‚ I have various restrictions on what I eat because of my under-active thyroid, there’s a pile of food not recommended as it interferes with the medication/and or slows the thyroid. Dairy products, milk and cheese are not recommended cos of the hormones in cattle food, which can affect the thyroid, also am in perimenopause so hormones all over the place :). I drink Almond or coconut Milk, both half the calories of normal milk, no cheese, no bread or cereals (sugar) am also a vegetarian, but eat fish. Have lost 7 Ibs, but think this last 1 1/2 will be tough, that will take me to 9 stone, little by little am getting there, not weighing myself until Sunday as on 3 FD’s this week. Today am wearing a top I haven’t worn for about 8 years, maybe people will start to notice my weight loss? surely? I would if it was a friend.. The only thing that annoys me is I still get cold on FD’s, it is symptom of being hypothyroid anyway, just have to go with the flow…

Best of luck with all the fasting! we can be strong!

Good morning all,

Jaye I admire your determination and I am exactly the same with the sugar I restrict my intake greatly and haven’t eated a dessert or cake since mid January until last Sunday , I did a sponsored ride on my horse with friends great day out then we all had a small slice of carrot cake afterwards I think it sent me off with the munchies when I got home I couldn’t control my eating or get out the kitchen I won’t be doing that again in a hurry.

I weighed in this morning and hooray after b2b fast all my holiday bloat gone and I am 10.7 again I’m off shopping on Saturday for a dress for my daughters wedding in July so need to be careful to stay this weight.

Happy fasting today

Morning all,

Have done official weigh in today and have lost the 2lb I had put on so stayed the same, am officially out of the corner now.

I have read your posts about sugar carefully because I have been allowing myself anything I liked as long as it didn’t take me over my tdee.

I have noticed that occasionally I do crave rubbish I will try to cut down or even stop the treats completely and see if this stops the craving.

I tried the FBD but didn’t make 3 days without reaching for a chocolate button!

Going to anglesey later will be back on Sunday

Good luck to all,

Audrey

Sounds like we are all out of the naughty corner and thoroughly back on track. Well done girlies! It’s easy to beat yourself up about decisions we’ve made to eat something naughty but a) we’re human and will make mistakes and b) we learn through mistakes (can you tell I used to teach!? Lol) we learn the after effects, the triggers and how to avoid them. Losing weight is bloody hard work!!

I’m feeling really good this week. Rowing for 10mins each morning really sets me up for the day. Although I did feel a little odd after it this morning (I did really go for it at the end!). Bit queasy and light headed, then I was STARVING and nearly broke my FD at 9am but after downing 2pints of squash I’m feeling fine now. Must have just been a little dehydrated.

Also feeling really good as I’ve been pampering myself a little this week. Tinted moisturiser is a fab invention (I’m quite pale and pastey!) and is making me look a lovely colour for my weekend away/wedding. Plus I’m getting my hair cut today (first time since October if you can believe that!) so that always makes me feel good.

Happy fasting everyone!!

xXx

Hi All

On TV this Morning they were showing 2 people trying 5:2 diet. I won’t spoil it by telling you the outcome but I will tell you that the doctor recommended 1500 calories on NFD’s and I’m pretty sure they were counting……

The first video is on the link and if you scroll down the page you will find another link – something like how did they do.

Let me know your thoughts

http://www.itv.com/thismorning

Pam I think your answer was on there also.

We have Β£1 shops so more expensive than yours, but still cheap and very popular.

I’m fasting today, but I have just had a little melon and I will have my meal tonight.

I’m glad you are all out of the naughty corner……..

Ginette

Interesting watch Ginette, thanks for that. A few things jump to mind:
    1) ATTITUDE: the brunette (sorry pants at names!) was never going to lose weight cos she didn’t want to enough. She was looking for ways to cheat from the start. I’ve never really done a diet before but I recently decided that was it, enough, I AM going to lose weight. Those women weren’t there yet. We all enjoy being social and have nice meals out but they thought they were more important than losing weight. Attitude is the most important factor in my mind. They say you can’t help a drug addict unless they want to help themselves. Our drug is food.
    2) CALORIES: it’s not just about the number of Cals, it’s about the quality of them. They weren’t thinking about the quality of the food they were eating on NFD and so weren’t finding it easy due to the after effects (what we’ve been discussing recently, but particularly carbs)
    3) SUPPORT: they enjoy being the naughty kids in the corner drinking a bottle of wine so they drag each other back to old ways. One thing I’ve learnt from this forum/Facebook group is have good people around you to help in the bad days and cheer you on the good days because we all know that the aim is to lose weight.

Sorry if I’ve given away the ending!

I’m so ready for my dinner. Been a busy day and I’ve not eaten anything. Excited about my weigh in tomorrow!

xXx

Hi Welshy

Yes so interesting, you could see they weren’t commited. One did well but it was the other one. They enjoyed their nights with friends and these always involved lots of alcohol.

Slimming world that they mentioned isn’t unlimited drink either.

A shame really, I hope they manage to change but they must really want to.

I’m not excited about dinner. It is Chinese chicken which I thought I would like. It tastes like chicken with a liquorice coating. I have no idea what spice is on it. I won’t throw it away though as a Fre years ago I had to throw some away and my son said those chickens gave up their life for nothing.

How right he is. I don’t ever waste meat any more……it made me think.

Ginette

hi peeps,

Ginette, thanks for the link, interesting stuff, Welshy thanks for the summary, I agree..

So I’m in the naughty corner this week. Mon fast was ok, but to be honest find it tougher at home to fast, so Wed, was both home and work, and a bit of a failure, there were some triggers, I didn’t get the job I applied for, had some bad financial news, that later was sorted out πŸ™‚ etc….but felt a bit bad, it was my 12th fast, usually am “good” to the letter.

Anyway back on track, and putting it down to a dodgy day, If I’m not too busy at the w/e will try for a FD either Sat/Sun and then go back to work day FD’s…

Have not weighed myself since Sunday, so no idea if damage has been done, but have done quite a lot of exercise. Also have not drank any wine since Sat, so keeping to that side of the bargain to myself, it’s just the effing biscuit tin at work that always has a hold, mindless munching. Jaye, I will remember the “pause” button, and try to avoid going anywhere near it..

Love the support on this forum, Happy Fasting! how is the FBD going?

Hi All,

Quick pop in before bed. Email alerts seem to be working again though only been 1 posting.

Well I did b2b fasts yesterday and today, today’s was easier than yesterday’s. Probably due to the fact that I had fasted yesterday so was less hungry today. So it went well. I was out all day but manage to stick to sparkling water on the the 2 ‘coffee pit stops’. Had sirloin steak and a small salad for dinner, very nice.

Going to continue cutting back the rest of the week. Ended up with 2.5lbs on, lost that by this morning, hope I can lose at least another pound by the end of the week.

Beldy that obviously wasn’t the right job for you that’s why you didn’t get it, something better will come along. Back away from the biscuit tin πŸ˜‰ lol

Hi Beldyboop

Well FBD has certainly kickstarted weight loss. I had no idea how much difference it would make. Losing weight quickly, a little too quickly for me.

It probably hasn’t done you too much harm. I can hear the guilt though.

Those biscuits really can be a downfall. I have banished them from the house. I like chocolate digestives or mint biscuits or………no I had better stop thinking about all the other kinds I like.

It’s a shame we haven’t got a rewind button!!

Ginette

Hi Jaye

Just caught me before bed.

I did a b2b today as well, although I would rather have the day inbetween.

I’m sure you will manage your 1lb.

Ginette

Well done on the b2b fasts it’s not easy but the only way for me gives me a good start to the week and controls any over indulgence at the weekend !

Good luck anyone fasting this weekend busy one for me wedding outfit shopping Saturday hopefully will find the dress !!

Have a lovely weekend everyone best get up and off to work

Morning everyone. I will prob be missing for a few days as I am off for my weekend away today. The hot tub and proseco is calling my name!!
    I’ve tried to work out a day where I can fast but we’ll be going out for various meals so don’t think it’s really possible so I’m going to enjoy it and start again on Tuesday (to be fair I have actually done two fasts this week but just earlier than normal). I really am going to make an effort to make smart choices when Im out but I fully accept I will prob put on a couple of lbs. I’ve already offered to drive back from the wedding day night so that I don’t drink lots.
    So far I’ve lost 10lb in 5weeks. This is half way to my first goal. I am so excited and determined to lose a stone so real going to work hard to get there.
    I hope you all have a lovely weekend

Welshy xXx

35 yr female, 6th week in 4:3 and as of this morning, 9 lbs down! …however, I did just finish my first b2b fast, so hitting my lowest weight yet could just be a temporary result of that… and s’ok, as there’s an overall downward trend and my clothes continue to loosen πŸ™‚

Surprised at how easy the b2b fast was. Lots of water and coffee!! Wednesday: pork chop and broccoli. Thurs: 2 “dippy” eggs, 2 slice bacon, 1 slice toast. …and I haven’t eaten yet this morning. No tummy grumbles, not hungry? That’s so bizarre to me. The hunger pangs just aren’t really there anymore. Never, ever could have imagined I could ignore the mere THOUGHT of food. I watched my boyfriend eat a plate of meaty spaghetti last night and shed not a single tear. AMAZING.

Aside from the weight loss, another positive – I feel like my skin is especially smooth today. A negative – I’m not falling asleep as easy these days and it seems I’m waking around 3am every morning and struggle a bit to fall back to sleep. Initially, when I started this WOL, I was crashing hard and sleeping pretty solid. I’ll try to cut back on the coffee… last cup at noon, instead of 3pm.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble! Happy fasting! πŸ™‚

Hi everyone!

Been very quiet on this forum, where are all you FD peeps?

Randi, hi! what a great weight loss, I bet you’re pleased.

I’ve fallen off the wagon from Wednesday πŸ™ Not sure what to put it down to, could blame my work ;-( but there is always something to blame, lol. I always start the week bright eyed and bushy tailed, by Friday everything goes to pot! This week worked some extra hours, which meant getting up much earlier, I think that’s a trigger for me, if I don’t get my beauty sleep.

This weekend am doing a b2b, to get back on track, was out last night, so am going to have a quiet w/e and get some quality zzzzzzzz’z Have not put on any weight so am relieved that all the hard work has not been to no avail..Am feeling very positive and aiming to lose approx 2-4 Ibs in the next 2 weeks, as have 1 afternoon tea with Champagne! and a wedding πŸ™‚

I deffo feel the grip of emotional/constant craver this week, so am going to distract myself and not listen that inner voice that always wants food.

Happy Fasting!! x

Hi Welshy

Have a nice weekend away, I realise you have proboaly already gone.

Hi Randi

Welcome to the thread. Well done on your loss.

Yes I have done b2b fasts three weeks ago and now this week. One came about by accident and the other I chose to do. I don’t find them too hard although I always eat on these days. I know of some people who don’t but I enjoy having something to look forward to.

I think my skin is better though and I have had problems sleeping for some time, long before fasting.

No problems last night though. I had 3.5 hous the night before as I got up at 5am. Last night I just decided I would let myself sleep as I went to bed exhausted. Sorry that’s why I wasn’t on the forum last night. I got 12 hours! Didn’t wake up once.

Now on my second cup of tea and feeling fine.

Hence back in full flow…..

I’m not logging weight until tomorrow as there is the food in transit argument. I did way yesterday morning and this morning and there was a 2lb gain from yesterday to today.

So I will post here tomorrow. I need a light food day today. I don’t feel I really overage yesterday but certainly I ate foods that I don’t normally eat. The restaurant food was small and delicious. I would have never refused that dessert! It was Eton mess, served in a what looked like a polystyrene ball. It was actually a meringue and you had to crush it yourself. It was about 2/3 size of a tennis ball.

Hi Beldyboop

You will soon get back in the flow as well. At least you don’t show a weight gain.

I’m glad to be back in routine although I really enjoyed the day.

Ginette

Hi Ladies,

well this should really be in another post but frankly I can’t be bothered to to find it and I am posting it here.

Ginette you seemed to find it appropriate to tell me off not once, not even twice but three times and ……in two different posts!!! Now, I am a fully fledged grown up and I can take a telling off but when it comes from two people and several posts I draw the line.

With this in mind I have decided to leave this forum and going to pastures new.

Ginette you might want to think about why you were actually mad at me about and might actually be more about what I said to you in the phone call and nothing to do with what you wrote in the forum. Either way, between those posts and what Slim sorry but whatever your name is, … and sorry but I am dyslexic so if I don’t get your ‘forum nick name right’ you might want to hold back on getting all het up and annoyed about it.

Anyway and honestly regardless… I feel that I have been pushed out here and so I am leaving. Thank you for those that thought you were the only ones that had the right to an opinion but no one else does… This is not how life works… You put a post in a public forum and others have a reply… I feel that I can no longer chat here as Slim…. sorry I don’t know the rest of the ‘forum name’ thinks that I have no right to reply to her post unless I agree with it and Ginette obviously thinks the same

So… good luck and good bye… I hope you are all successful in your weight loss be it counting calories or not!!!

I won’t be on the facebook page either

Jaye

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 35,448 total)

You must be logged in to reply.