Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,945 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 6 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 35,432 total)

• Jaye: you say you’d rather potatoes rather than pasta. Is that because it’s less calories or just purely for taste?

xXx

HI Jaye

I’m sure a loss will show up at some point this week. Maybe you are waterlogged!! I hope you enjoy your meal, it is only one meal so enjoy it. It doesn’t seem to have done me any harm.

Hi Milena

I am impressed with your husbands french, I don’t know those words. I do know thinks like wheelbarrow and thinks though.

Normally all people worry about is beer and steak and chips.

Ginette

Hi fat busting brits – just logging on to have a moan – stepped on the scales this morning after two fast days and found had lost 2lbs hurray! Feeling pumped up and rather pleased with myself and had organised a lunch (day off) with my sister but before I met up with my sister I went on a walk with a friend and our dogs, she talked about how she had joined slimming world and had lost 5lbs over the last 4 weeks I congratulated her on her weight loss and was hoping that after mentioning I was on the 5-2 diet she would ask if I had lost weight or notice that I had lost some weight – she did not say anything and I felt rather put out (guess cause I am quite big that it is not noticeable), Went to lunch with my sister and ordered a wholemeal coronation chicken sandwich (delicious) and some fries which we shared – she said she was on the sainsburys weight programme and only needed to lose a stone – I said I was on the 5-2 she did not ask if I had lost weight she did not notice that I had lost weight – I am beginning to think that am hallucinating and actually haven’t lost weight – my pumped up feeling from this morning feels like its been burst agghhh (note to me I – must look to myself and not others for approval!!)

I don’t know why they wouldn’t have asked how it was going. Surely thats just polite?? How much have you lost so far? My mum goes to slimming world and if she mentions it, I always ask.

I have to admit that I am terrible for seeing if someone has lost weight until it’s a lot of weight. That includes on myself. So maybe they’re as rubbish as I am lol

Slightly different but when I was at boarding college, the food was so bad and I was so busy that I basically didn’t eat and lost a lot of weight without trying. I once remember losing half a stone in a week! And while my family (who I saw every Sunday) told me I was looking slim and losing lots of weight, I could not see what they were talking about. Not until I saw an old photo of myself where I looked huge. And I looked in the mirror and realised “I’m not that big anymore”. But I found it amazing that I couldn’t see it on a daily basis. I guess sometimes our perception of ourselves if not in sync with reality. Anyway, that’s a different point altogether.

Next time you see them, boast!!! Tell the world how much you’ve lost. You are obviously proud (as you should be!) so there’s nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet!!

Im on a FD today and been quite hungry from 3 for some reason. But I’ve got to hold out till 8 when I eat with my partner. But the thought of cracking in to the 13stone bracket tomorrow is keeping me going!

xXx

Aww ((((((big hugs Fizzy)))) I think they are just wrapped up in their own bubbkes and got a bit forgetful. Please don’t let it get you down. I started at 19 stone 2. Now I have a friend, it’s just platonic but he does think the world of me, he’s quite a bit older than me. For WEEKS he dudnt notice once I had lost weight and he knew I was fasting. However, he didn’t notice the 3/4 stone Ive added in the 3 years I’ve known him lol. It is true that the bigger you are the more you have to lose for others to see. I added a quote to my facebook, something like, it takes 4 weeks for us to notice weight loss and 8 weeks for family to notice. I have to say me and my two sisters whenever we see each other it’s always a hug and you look great. Both are trying to lose weight, one is fasting but losings slowly, she’s a lot less to lose. The other is watching calories but struggling. But I know they will be very encouraging. Haven’t seen one sister for at least two weeks and the other for four. Already in texts they are saying can’t wait to see how you look. It is important to us that others notice our hard earned losses but it’s even more important that we see and celebrate them. That we don’t let others not commenting on it get us down. Your goal is more important than that. And like Welshy said, BRAG lol. I will avoid bragging with my sisters because I send the odd text when I reach a goal but don’t want to feel we are in a compition. I’ve struggled losing before while they have lost so we have all been there. And Fizzy, CONGRATULATIONS AND A HUGE WELL DONE for all your great efforts and your loving loss on the scales. Keep up the great work

Welshy 50g of Pasta (my fav but banned food, had it once in 3 mths) is 185 cals
    50g Potatoes 38 cals!
    Plus there is no real nutritional value to pasta lol. Sad but true. It’s why I’ve more or less eliminated it. I could have a small portion, not the normsl 100/150g people would pile on your plate. Looking forward to the meal and the company. I find that eating out in restaurants and pubs is way easier because I can count things so much easier and have a choice of foods.

Ginette thanks, I’m down 1.5 so far this week. Not sure I’ll get another fast day in. That said…. Ive only had fruit 1 slice of low GI bread and 1 tspn of peanut butter today at 316 cals. If I have bare naked noodles, sauce, veg and no meat I could make today my 3rd fast! Brilliant lol.

Hope the day has gone well for everyone and Fizzy gets her Fizzzzzzz back

Jaye 😉

Hi welshy you are right about probably needing to lose more weight in order for people to notice – I would be delirious to be in the 13 stone bracket but still got 8/9 pounds to go before that ! Have lost 18lbs so far and need to get to 11 stone 11lbs if I can seems a long way away….but will keep trying
    Fizzy

Chicken, salad and potatoes…. But a very fattening pud…. Oh dear lol. That’s the text my friend just sent re Mondays dinner…. It’s official then, 3 fast again this week and next lol.

Jaye

Oh dear fizzy,
    if it’s any consolation my friend came yesterday and didn’t mention my weight loss either. I know it’s very upsetting but I just thought it was sour grapes and a lot of jealousy. When she was about to leave I did mention that I was sorting out my wardrobe soon and would she like my old clothes because they were FAR TOO BIG for me!…..
    Jaye,
    enjoy your meal and your pudding, it’s only one meal you can compensate.

Audrey

Hi Fizzy

Don’t feel bad. Do YOU feel the difference? I have lost nearly three stone and nobody has really noticed. My son says he has, maybe that is just him being kind. I would take more credit from people who didn’t know I was doing 5:2.

That was wrong of her not to think about asking you how you were finding up. Obviously at the moment just concentrating on her own loss. Hopefully that will change.

I too am big and I know it does take a while. A friend of mine lost 3/4 stone before it was really noticeable. I had noticed it in her face before and did mention it. I always asked how she was doing.

I will let you know when someone notices my loss.

Are you seeing your clothes getting looser? This is the only way I could tell.

Hi Welshy

Yes it is just polite.

Hi Jaye

You see how easy it is to do accidental fasts. That is what happened to me last week. Well done on the 1.5 lbs

Enjoy dinner. It probably won’t go over TDEE.

I’m off to get ready now as going out for my meal. Which I shall certainly enjoy.

Ginette

Hi,

Not had a great day today, but am just catching up quickly, stress city at work, and FD was not a great idea, felt a overwhelmed, and nearly threw in the towel! but have survived 🙂 but have to work now until late, and busy day tom…TGIF!

Fizzy, agree with JayeGirl people are often wrapped up in their own weight loss, don’t worry it will happen. Don’t think people genuinely notice until about 10 Ibs, is what people say, I have also felt peeved that no-one has said a thing to me since losing 7 Ibs :(, but I know cos of clothes…

Found this on the a webpage about healthy options for FD or NFD, depending on if you are going low carb, I eat some of these on NFD’s:

oatcakes x 2 92 cals
    Quinoa 40gr dry 147 cals
    Low GI bread x 2 120 cals
    Cous cous 50 gr dry 158 cals
    Baked potato (medium) 161 cals
    Brown rice 50 gr dry 185 cals

Well done weight loss, see you soon ;0)

Bella

Beldy you simply are not allowed to throw in the towel, we won’t let you (smile). So you had a bad day pffftt… It doesn’t matter, everyone has them!! You are not alone. You just get back to it the next day that’s all. Don’t worry so much that you think you have to stop. I thought you were going to try to fast on days you don’t work? I think everyone would struggle doing the long days you do and fast. What exactly happened today?

I haven’t tried Oatcakes Quinoa, although I’ve put the latter on my shopping list before and not found it. I do eat the other things but have sweet potatoe rather than normal potatoes when possible. Just got into brown rice, albeit packaged and I love it! Nice tips, thanks. Let us know how to eat/cook the oatcakes and Quinoa.

Ginette it is all too easy to forget to eat on NFDs lol. My friend told me earlier though, but then had to run so didn’t get to discuss it fully, that back to back encourages muscle waste!!! That there should be a day between then and never more than three in a week. I will get the skinny on it tomorrow and report back. Apparently he’s been reading all the new information from more studies done since Michael wrote the books. So if that turns out to be the latest data I won’t do b2b again.

Jaye 🙂

Hi Beldyboop or shall we call you Bella

One bad day is easy to overcome. It is one bad day followed by a few others one after the other that makes us fall by the wayside.

I had a good day and even exceed my calorie goal set by My fitness pal. This is about 500 calories lower than this site. Both are set for my goal weight.

So my fitness pal went over by 86 calories. But this site TDEE was under by nearly 500.

I rarely get anywhere near this. I had chicken and bacon stack. A salad and wholemeal roll…..and sorry to say……skip this bit Milena……… a sundae with Belgian chocolate sauce. Thankfull that was quite small. I had a mango for lunch and milk in tea. Well that tome is a result. The food was nice, the company was nice and the £30 voucher was great. So we only paid £7 over the top. My guests had a wine and a cup of tea. I had a pint of water. This is my usual although I sometimes have a cup of tea. I thought about a nice cappuccino coffee, but thought better of it.

I did also look at fruit salad, but thought better of it as well. Giggle……

Tomorrow I shall do a fast day to make up for it. I know it’s not true to FBD but I couldn’t waste a £30 voucher. Could I??

So you see Beldyboop mine was a planned day and should I feel bad about it. Certainly not. I would feel bad if I overrate tomorrow. I even left some chips so maybe even came in on target.

Don’t fret. These things happen.

Hi Jaye did I do b2b not sure. I normally have a day inbetween. I like to have them quite close together so Monday and Wednesday suit me. Obviously this week it will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Next week as I have the Wedding may do three again. I know I am having fish for main course. Oven baked I think so this will be ok. Asparagus for starter and then dessert Eton Mess. Again this was planned so I won’t feel bad about it.

Have a good day tomorrow and put today in the past.

Ginette

Hi jayegirl
    I know we all come to this with lots of info and ideas from elsewhere and wanted to say that my understanding about fasting is very different from your friends re b2b fasting. According to Jason fung you do not lose muscle at all while there’s fat in your body to be ‘eaten’. Look up intensive dietary management or maybe just his name. He reverses people’s long held diabetes with some very prolonged fasts and with adf. That’s what I’m trying. I think it may be much like the fbd because its low carb high fat when you eat every second day. So the calorie aspect is the significant difference. That’s because even protein raises your insulin and insulin is what makes us fat. It’s really worth reading!!
    I hardly ever post but I read you every morning and evening! Thanks to all the heart and humanity of these conversations.

Hi Freya

I thought that as well. But I hadn’t been yo check it out. I read a lot of the studies into fasting and diabetes as well. Fantastic results are achieved. Whoever imagined that it could be reversed. I have friends and family who are diabetics. I am not, but always interested in these things.

Nice to think our ramblings are being read.

Ginette

Hi there,

Am happier after my bad day yesterday!, luckily it was bad cos of full on work (exams) not Fast! Luckily at moment of possible towel throwing found my flask of Miso soup! so no cheating involved. Have an interview today, which is why I was stressing yesterday, but much calmer, now, thanks for the support. Yes Jayegirl, there are days like that, and others better, was going to change FD’s non-work, but couldn’t this week, will try next 🙂

Ginette, you’ve been an inspiration, chocolate sundae won’t hurt

also saw on horizon program that on b2b, 2nd day means body starts using fat, as glycogen all used up..

Check in later…

B

Morning all,
    I had a bad day yesterday calorie wise so am doing my fast day today instead.

I have made a turkey bolognese sauce in my slow cooker, that is coming out at 900 calories for the whole pot, so will have some of that with bare naked noodles for my evening meal tonight!

Hope you all have a good day, ginnette glad you had a good day out yesterday,

Beldy hope you have a better day today. Good luck with your interview.

Good luck to all of us fasting today.

Audrey

Morning ladies

Freya I will have a look at your suggested readings, thanks for that. I like to read everything there is on different fasting diets and concepts? I think all this comes down to 2 things because as yet every single article I have read has started and ended in the same way. ‘There has not been enough long term studies of the amounts of people needed to form any real conclusions’. And it’s unlikely the main source of income for these studies will give money to it. I.e. The food and drug companies, niether of which benifit from Fasting. So until that time working on the short studies available (which are far from enough) then it’s about what we as individuals choose to believe. Some people choose to believe everything they read and start to live by and try everything. Others read the pros and cons and make a decision based on that. And some believe one thing because they read it, it sounded great, tried it and that worked. Most of what we are trying aren’t based in enough scientific truth but anecdotal research. To me, so far fasting is the best way forward to lose weight, hopefully sustain that weight loss for life and become healthier. Let’s hope later they don’t figure out its really bad for us lol. But it worked for us in the begining of time and eating a none processed diets worked for our grandparents. Further than that as you have pointed out and what I have read there are many different versions of fasting. Also to me, there is no hard evidence suggesting that it is or isn’t good to fast back to back. @ginette, last week you fasted back to back, it made you feel ill and left you unable to eat properly after. You accidentally fasted Tue which was 3 in a row? Or was it Thu giving 2 in a row? I have just done 2 back to back and felt no ill effects other than certainly more fuddled and tired and went to bed at 10.30… Have I lost muscle, well I can’t answer that.

I have yet to find out the study I was told about as its way too early to be texting my friend to ask lol but I will later today. He is a very intelligent, smart guy, read everything he could get his hands on prior to embarking on fasting. He decided he was happy to go ahead with it and lost his 2+ stone and has kept it off for the most part. He did that slowly over a year. That’s where I got most of my information and readings from. It’s hard to find all the newer stuff coming out about fasting but I found this one last night that’s very positive.

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2013/05/17/intermittent-fasting-diet.aspx

But the muscle waste question or answer doesn’t seem to be as easy to find. My nieces personal trainer insists that eating only 500 calories a day causes muscle waste and is a fad diet. Do I believe him, a trained health professional? I would like a definitive answer but, like every other ‘fact’ in life it always has more than one answer, health professional and one study or another giving us contradicting information. The sad fact is all facts aren’t equal and not all facts are factual. It used to be FACT that fat made us fat…now it is FACT that it is sugar that makes us fat and a high fat diet containing good fats is more beneficial. Of course carbs and protiens cause insulin but depending on your need from the diet. I.e. One person has diabetes the other does not, that fact will turn you to the study you believe helps your diabetes etc.

Michael says he tried all kinds of fasting but thought the 5:2 was the most sustainable for life. Though others fast 3 days without much hardship. I pointed out to my friend that I didn’t recall reading about muscle loss in back to back fasting. He said because it’s not in the book, this is new research since then. I have bought the revised book, when I have time I will read through it and see if it’s mentioned in there. Personslly I prefer a day between my fasts. I do worry that it might not be a good idea and I did feel more spaced out last night than I have on any previous nights, this was my first back to back. If I do 3 it’s normally mon/wed/fri. Oh I recall his parting comment was ‘3 none consecutive fast days are the best for weight loss but you must eat your 500 calories, believe me!!’. So it does sound like he was telling me not to do back to backs.

Of course, each of us will follow our own path and what feels right for us. I am enjoying 3 fast days a week though. But thinking back to backs aren’t for me unless I’m pushed for time.

Ginette, I read what you said about not wanting loose skin and this is factual lol. You/I/we will end up with that overhang of loose skin. We are women of a certain age and had we started this in our 20 or 30s we might have got away with it like Priyac has. She does the insanity workouts. There are only two ways to not get/have it and the first one is not available to me. That is to work out like a demon along side the fasting and reshape your body as you lose fat. My back, legs aren’t up to it so that won’t work for me. The second and I wouldn’t have it done for free, is surgery. I haven’t had children and my sisters have always commented on how firm my tummy is and I don’t have visable stretch marks and no pitting or cellulite. All of that said, 3 stone down and my tummy is a lot softer and is starting to show cellulite/pitting. My worst fear come true to be honest. I can reduce it a little with Bio Oil, helps to firm up the skin. I’m picking some up later today actually, it’s not cheap for a small amount. I’ve been using coconut oil daily. My arms are slim and my legs but I am getting these little pouches at the top insides and top inner of my thighs. Guess I have to choose between slim and saggy or fat and bouncy lol. I’ll take the former. Lose it fast or slow, that overstretched skin has lost its elasticity and won’t reduce back to what it was without a large amount of time in the gym and even then it’s not absolute that you’ll have perfect skin. I’ll continue on with my muscle strengthening and resistance exercises. My kit came yesterday but I was out, have to pop to the post office to collect today. Sent for the balancing exercise ball lol. If you don’t hear from m next week I’m in hospital recovering lol. I sent for one size up from my height because of my weight as advised on the site.

So does this mean I can indulge in dessert Monday night Ginette since you two have? I still think 1 in 6 weeks is a fantastic effort for us. Is Milenas husband still alive? Lol. I will not get 3 fasts in next week either since I’m out mon/tue/thu will have to do we’d/fri, possibly wed/ sat.

Happy fasting everyone. I’ve got 5 NFDs on the run now…. I’ll have to be careful lol

Jaye 🙂

Oh look at us early birds all typing at the same time lol

GOOD LUCK Beldy, even better you had a good actual fast day lol. Thank god for miso hey! Let us know how the interview works out. X

Audrey, great to hear your day is starting off better for you today, your meal sounds delicious.

Anyone eating Bare Naked Noodles, can you tell me if you have any bloating or feel windy after them? I had them 2 nights running. Unusual for me but just happened that way, felt bloated yesterday and windy, feel the same already today. Could be coincidence of course. Let me know how you feel after them Audrey please. Good luck today, you will walk it with all that organisation and determination!

Ginette forgot to say (waffling away so much I forget to say somethings!), sounds like you had a lovely time and meal out. Glad you are getting out and about, we need the social interaction when we aren’t working.

Jaye 🙂

Hi Jaye, Yup, my darling hubby is still alive and no puppies have been ordered.

Pity!

Interesting post, don’t know of many scientists or medical folk who become personal trainers, so I wouldn’t hang my hat on his words, fad not being either a scientific or medical term!!

As someone who has over eaten for years, you would think fasting would be difficult for me. Had 1100 calories in 5 meals from 7pm Sunday to 7.30 today. Only problem is I got really bored having no carbs. So had some for breakfast. Bear in mind I was up all night Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and up every hour or so Wednesday, you would think I would be wrecked. But no, stayed up all last night, judt to wstch the election, which I always do. And I walked 7 miles yesterday. Doing a full days work today, and having a long walk. And Im not pushing myself, nor did I plan 4 fast days, Im simply not needing to eat much. And Im not stupid enough to rush into weightloss, and losing steadily.

I don’t know the science of fasting, but I do know enough not go dismiss it as a fad diet.

Ok I have the source of the information and some of you might already know about this article but it was an article Dr Krista Varady the leading Scientist who has been studying fasting for longer than anyone, over 10 years now on this subject. Her fasting is actually 1 day fast, the next eat normally and continue this way. She found that although they were allowed to eat what they wanted, like with myself their appetite had reduced so that they ate well below their TDEE on NFDs and so lost weight. Since the First book was released she asked Dr M to remove all her scientific data from his book as she said you can not use data on alternative fasting to back up 5:2 fasting as they are not one in the same. Hence the ‘new addition’ being released. Which I hadn’t wasted money on that new one lol. I haven’t read the revised addition so don’t know if it was just removing her data and not read her book and as yet not found the research on loss of muscle mass.

To me fasting works, be it 2/3 days a week or full on alternative days. It has certainly reduced my appitie massively but more so I just don’t suffer any cravings at all.

http://www.healthista.com/fasting-diets-krista-varadyscience-research-studies-52-diets/

She has brought out a book, I will no doubt buy it or at least read some of the many papers she’s had published. She said she needed to wait until she had done proper studies before releasing her book.

Jaye 🙂

Hi all,
    has anybody tried the bare naked rice?

I have tried noodles and they are ok, just ordered some rice of the Web, wondered if anybody had previous experience of them?

Audrey

Hi Beldyboop

I am so pleased that you are feeling better about it. I must admit to feeling a tad guilty today. For my food yesterday. I am sure it will pass and it is weigh in day tomorrow.

Like you, I found it stressful marking exam papers. What do you teach?

I hope your interview went well. What job are you hoping for.

Re Miso soup I have tried it once and didn’t like it. This was a few years ago and may have been too week. I know it is not expensive if you like it, but it is really expensive if you waste a box of it. I know people on here like it and it is unusual for me to dislike something.

Although I manage happily without it.

Hi Audrey

Yes I know a bad day can be challenging. Let me ask you this did you go over TDEE. If not don’t worry. If you have a fast day should put it right, if you want to fast. If not don’t worry it is only one day.

Hi Jaye

I also have heard that you will only burn fat after all your fat stores are depleted….not a worry for us yet.

Yes, as I said yesterday. It is only one meal. You may still come in under TDEE. Don’t worry. I prefer to have a day inbetween, but that is just me. Others prefer to do b2b, for me it is down to an individual choice. I don’t see this as being right or wrong. Again some people prefer to have water only fasts, this too is not for me but down to individual choice. There isn’t a black and white rule. If it works for you, do it.

I was certainly not an early bird, I was up until 5 watching the alternative election. Some people will be pleased others not. There are many stories about bad feeling in Scotland in the paper. Sad really. Everybody should be able to vote for who they like. I never fall out over politics. If anybody voted for a different party to me it wouldn’t worry me. It would be their choice.

Audrey I have never tried bare naked rice, so I can’t be of any help. I shall get some Parmesan soon and have this using the noodles as pasta, this I would enjoy although I have yet to try some Parmesan chips. Yum……

Let me know what you think of the rice and how you cook it.

Hi Milena

Well done on all of that walking.

See you on other threads.

Ginette

My bolognese sauce comes in at about 113 kcal per portion, so I have had some with bare naked noodles for my meal and still have 300 left so a good fast day for me!

Hope everyone is doing ok, keep in touch.

Audrey

Hi Ladies,

Audrey I’ve only tried the noodles, didn’t know they did rice, not sure they are sold in the Morrisons I have to drive put too for the noodles. I’ve a new found love for brown rice! I like the noodles but I think they might be leaving me feeling bloated. Not sure if it’s the noodles (I had twice just from ease) all the water I drank having my ultrasound, too much caffiene or just a phase but I’ve felt bloated, and a bit off the last couple of days. Who knows, even though I have a coil and no periods it could just be ‘that time’. Yesterday I thought it was hunger because I ate a banana with peanut butter and 50g grapes for lunch. Met my sisters for coffee and was there a couple of hrs, had a medium then a small skinny cappuccino. Come 6pm I felt quit jittery from the caffiene. Of course you get the same amount of coffee in a small cap as you do a medium lol. I ate dinner around 8, only realising then that I was quite hungry lol. Still feel iffy today though. Maybe I’m just old and a hypochondriac lol.

Got my 11 piece resistance band set, not in time for my exercise yesterday. Looking forward to using them instead of tins of tomatos on Monday lol. Waiting on my exercise ball to come early next week. Need to find some beginers videos for bad back and posture exercises. I read on the NHS web site that it’s good just to sit on! That slone helps you to stregthen ypur core muscles which will be great for me. Already feeling more agile with the 30 mins 3 times a week. I can feel some stiffness in my muscles so it’s working them lol.

Audrey your sauce sounded lovely.

Ginette hope you are well.

Milena, glad to hear hubby is still around lol.

Happy fasting everyone.

Jaye 🙂

Hi All

Lost a lb this week so not bad as my last two weeks were very high for me. I normally weigh two days after fast day, but this is a day after. Still if it changes it will be there next week.

I am pleased and disappointed all in one, but I think it is probably some water loss as well, due to the cooler weather. I can remember one week years ago where part way through a diet I had a 7lb loss on one week.

I feel as if I have lost weight. I am holding off measuring until the end of FBD, which is in three weeks.

How are you all doing.

Ginette

Well done ginette 1 lb weight loss is still worth celebrating I am not expecting a large loss this week either as I have enjoyed being home a bit too much!

Jaye, will let you know when I have tried the naked rice it’s on its way via courier have ordered off there Web site!

Will post when I weigh in on Monday have a great weekend

Audrey

Yes I know. Good luck for Monday. I always weigh today as I have a nice roast dinner on Sunday evening so food in transit etc.

We all need to enjoy our food from time to time. Although I do even with my usual chicken and vegetables. I am going to treat myself to a sandwich today, this will be the first one this week. Also some potatoe with my meal tonight. What an extravagance…….both in one day.

Ginette

Husband back at work tonight so we have had crumpets for lunch, I have been dreaming about them for days! Naughty but very very tasty. Roast beef for tea too and home made fruit cake, added up to 1100 kcal under my tdee. I just love that this is possible every now and then, although I have to get back to exercise and calorie counting next week.

Have a great weekend

Audrey

Audrey

When you were away I went back to an old favourite of mine on the Wii Exerbeat.

I love this as it has everything. boxercise which I do a lot of. Hip hop which is not at all like it sounds and I like as well. Aerobics which I am less good at, I can do them but I am not right on time. Where they do colic aged leg movements I just walk up and down on the spot. This is me has the aerobic bit initial, but is kinder on my knees.

When you start there are a few short exercises available to you, all about 1/2 mins. After a while more open up and I have now so many of varying length from a couple of minutes up to 25 minutes. The longer ones I don’t do very often as I would rather do two or three 7 minute ones.

You can set up weekly challenges. Last week was to exercise 110 minutes. Also you can build you own routines to take probes areas. I chose waist, arms and legs as I now tummy will be included here. This is really to tone me up although I think it helps a bit with weight loss and also helps my blood pressure.

There are so many exercises on this I think that everybody will find something.

I will go and look for a link for you. It is a bit more expensive than some of the other fitness CDs but contains so much more.

Link to follow

Ginette

Ginette

That sounds great we have a shop in town where you can buy 2nd hand wii games will see if they have it sounds just like my cup of tea. Thanks very much

Audrey

Audrey link 1 just to the reviews.

I can honestly say that I have never gor bored with it. It has so much. I have just read about 150 exercises.

Ignore the price on this link.

http://www.amazon.com/ExerBeat-Nintendo-Wii/product-reviews/B004M4IO08/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Amazon 29.95 but still expensive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exerbeat-Gym-Class-Workout-Wii-x/dp/B004SFGH32

eBay cheaper

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exerbeat-Gym-Class-Workout-Wii-Nintendo-Wii/381244552866?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3D6b72ebba48084b299ef078fbab411c4b%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D330602805123

21.97 a better price.

Good luck on getting one, I think you will really enjoy it, the beauty of exercising like this is it doesn’t matter how much of an idiot you look like when things go wrong as they will……

Let me know how you get on.

Ginette

Ginette

Got laSt one off eBay. Will let you know when it arrives.

Am boxing with “bob” tomorrow Thanks again for the recommendation

Audrey

Well done Audrey.

It also encourages you just to do that little bit extra if you have nearly reached a country (you will see what I mean) you will want to do that three more minutes to get there. New features unlock all if the time. I never use the balance board for any exercises. It asks you if you want to I just say no.

Enjoy it, and enjoy getting the medals this to is a motivator……it sounds silly I know, but wait and see.

I the days when I bought mine – a few years ago now, I paid about 19.99 so not a bad price on eBay considering.

Ginette

AudreyI haven’t had a crumpet or tea cake in 3 months!!!! (Sad face)

I’ll report my weight loss in here and FBD. Weighed myself today, I’ve moved it to Saturday for the FBD and I often fast 3 days now so need to get the friday fast in. Should weigh Sunday really to get the full week in. Between that and no alcohol another good report (smiley) 4lbs 10oz this week. Dead on 16 stone!!! How annoying lol. Just 1 oz and I would have been in the 15s lol. Still I have now actually lost 3 stone exactly so I’ve hit that mile stone this week. -42lbs and counting. I’ll let you know if I go under 16 stone tomorrow lol.

In 3 weeks on the FBD I have lost a total of 12lbs, I can highly recommend it. However I would suggest only people that already have a handle or almost have a handle on any cravings or weak spots. You need to master basic 5:2 and have done the ground work there first in my opinion. If you haven’t then trying to cut out all treats and alcohol, staying well under TDEE, no going over on fast days and counting calories as well as introducing exercise, if you don’t already have 5:2 under control this might too difficult. Just my thoughts on it. To me it’s the next level rather than a fix all for people struggling on 5:2. What do you think @ginette and @milena? Btw, as of Monday when I may indulge in a pudding…. We will have each broke the diet once. I’ll let you know if I eat dessert on Monday. At the moment I’m saying I am allowing myself but I’ll see if a milky coffee will do instead.

Cake at my sisters tomorrow too! My Aunt arrives for a months visit from Vancouver. I’ll be taking a Nescafé Skinny cappuccino with me to have instead lol. Pitfalls EVERYWHERE for the next few weeks!

Jaye 🙂

Ginette can I box sitting on a chair without using the balance board?

Jaye,
    congratulations on your weight loss, you must be feeling very proud of yourself.

I am toying with the FBD idea but not sure if I can stick with it, will weigh in on Monday and as long as I haven’t gained anything will probably put it on hold till after the wedding, I don’t really want to lose much more the suit looks great and is a fantastic fit now.

Must admit crumpets were just what I fancied and tasted VERY VERY nice hehe.

Have a great weekend, once again well done on weight loss.

Audrey

Thanks Audrey!

Glad to hear your suit is fitting so well, grwat news and well done. Will we get to see any pics of you in it on facebook??

I can’t buy the crumpets as I live alone. I don’t want 6 in the house and I don’t want an all carb meal or snack. Leaving those eating habits that got me into being a carb junkie behind me lol. I used to love 2 crumpets with…. nutella on them for breakfast, a good tbsp on each and a skinny cappuccino. That could easily be repeated at lunch time! That’s how I used to eat, carbs all day long.

Jaye 🙂

Well done Jaye

That is a really good loss. I agree only for those people who have the hang of 5:2. If not I think too much at once.

As you know wedding Thurdsay will probably break the desert rule again but I am sure it will still be under TDEE

I looked at chocolate fudge cake an old favourite of mine. It was 1211 calories!! More than my meal!!! So I went for tge far more conservative ice cream sundae. 287 as there was only three calories between most of the sauces I went for the Belgian chocolate. It was only a small portion, but very satisfying. Fruit salad came out at 254 with youghurt or 274 with ice cream. So I thought mine was a good choice. All of the other desserts were much more.

Eton mess is about 450 calories on my fitness pal, that doesn’t seem too bad. I know it is the wrong type of food but I always knew the wedding would be one of those days.

At least the desserts are not too calorific. Baked cod and gnocchi for main and asparagus for starter so not too bad.

Ginette

sadly jaye I don’t have Facebook, I have only just mastered basic email skills and shopping!

I was going to say you could buy a packet and freeze some but perhaps not with your carbaholic history!

My crypto nite was cheese I can quite easily eat a full block haven’t had any tor weeks now!

Enjoy your weekend

Audrey

Sorry I forgot. Your question I am assuming referred to Exerbeat. I would imagine you could. Next time I use it probably Monday I will try it, I have a chair on wheels so hopefully it won’t go flying across the room.

I’ll let you know ……

Ginette

I only used to go on Facebook once every three months. I have to have it to play scrabble online. I usually find people talk about things I am not remotely interested in. For example people who aren’t watching their weight talking about they ha pave just had a piece of toast. Am I interested. No! Many other similar things.

I think it can be destructive without people realising. I remember someone at work talking about their day and having a moan. Work contacted me as I was their manager and asked them not to write such things. Like having big brother around!

I like it to see pictures I belong to a slimming world group and although I don’t go and haven’t been for nearly two years, I like to see the recipes and I can use them, but with counting calories. It is nice to have Jayes link on their and another summer pledge fasters. As you can see what meals they have made. If you want to have a rant off topic you can as well. This is hidden from other Facebook friends. These of course are only my opinions, other people love it and get as much from it as I get from this forum. Again, up to tge individual. I can see if you have family abroad this would be nice.

Yes I thought about the freezing idea as well. I have two bars of chocolate in the cupboard, unopened and they will stay this way for the next three weeks.

I have to say I wasn’t sure I could manage with no treats. But although I have had one meal with an ice cream and will be having another one next week. That will be it, until the end of FBD. I need to show solidarity. These were planned excesses and still brought me in under TDEE on this site and also one only exceeded calories on my own set TDEE by 86. Not bad as mine is set at goal weight.

So all in all I am managing it really well. No cravings as I thought I would have. I thought about it a little the first week, now not even that.

Maybe wait until after the wedding if you want to do it.

Ginette

Audrey

I am sure I opted this while you were away. This is from the women magazine. There are so many good things on there for 5:2 I have subscribed. Good online subscuption price. I only read three things like this inside soap much cheaper to subscribe and of course it has all programmes. The Which? Magazine. I have had this for years and now Woman.

I think the Which? Magazine has helped me make informed choices when I want to buy something and is always interesting.

The article here with under 500 calorie meals is here.

http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/low-fat-comfort-food-under-500-calories/

I am going to try the pizza I am not sure if it is in this one.

Ginette

Thanks ginette

I will have a look when husband leaves for work later.

Audrey

Hi everybody!

Jayegirl, amazing weight loss!

Wow all this talk of crumpets!, which luckily I don’t like, honest, I also don’t like ice-cream, except, B & J Karma Sutra.

There’s been loads of “conversations” going on :), hard to catch up

Ginette awesome recipes,thanks for sharing I hope there is a pizza there I might try it 🙂
    Jayegirl, I agree about FBD, I had thought I’d support you FBD babes but have realized I haven’t mastered the 5:2 just yet! this week I went over TDEE on one day, and also on one FD, went over 500, not by much, but every little counts right? So no weight loss this week, but have maintained my 7 Ibs, no-one has noticed, haha! but maybe cos it’s not been hot and sunny, so tend to go for the “baggy boyfriend” look, haha!
    I read the stuff about ADF and it’s all quite interesting, I remember Dr Varady on the horizon prog. The muscle loss is a concern, but I’m sure it could be countered by keeping active, doing resistance (using your own body) e.g planks, lunges etc and/or yoga/pilates whatever works for you. All of us doing 5:2 cannot be wrong, but sadly if there is money to be made there will be mixed messages, I think ADF sounds potentially good, but going to normal eating, maybe 6:1 is the ultimate goal, obviously sticking to the same principles, a few treats here and there, but careful on TDEE

My interview sucked I think, and afterwards, I went out and had a caramel machiatto, it was skinny though, also had a couple of glasses of wine last night, and “found” myself eating a pack of Wotsits, honest guv it wasn’t me! so I’m not surprised I didn’t lose this week, there’s always a reason, ;-0 I’m looking a for a less stressful job, let’s see if I got lucky..This w/e is dedicated to chillaxing as whole week was a marking marathon, and preparing for the my interview. Am fasting tom, to make up for the dodgy choices yest, and will fast on Wed, a non-work day, could be better.

lots of luck to everyone, happy choices!

Hi everyone

Congrats Jaye on the weight loss. Must feel so good to hit that 3stone marker.

I’m a little bit worried about this weekend-my brother is visiting so there’s been wine and desserts! I made pizzas, wedges and salad on Friday night. I resisted having too many wedges and the rest was ok. But I made eton mess for dessert. Tried to not make it too cream heavy. We’re out for lunch tomorrow (roast I imagine) but def going to not have a dessert. I’m just hoping I haven’t put any weight on over the weekend. I’d lost 2lbs earlier in the week. Let’s hope it stays that way. I did have slightly strange stomach pains and nausea on Friday morn/lunchtime. It was a NFD and I’d had some bran flakes for brekkie but don’t know why I had them. Seemed to ease after some lunch. While I haven’t had the healthiest meals I’ve been strict on not snacking and I haven’t eaten huge quantities. We’ll have to see…

I’ve also got a long weekend away and a wedding with my other half next weekend too so going to have to be really strict next week!! Also hoping to get back to the rowing machine but we’ll see.

Hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend

Welshy xXx

Hi Welshy,

Try not to worry too much about going over your tdee. Enjoy your weekend and your visitors. Life is too short to obsess. Just get back to 5 2 when you can.
    We still have to live, and enjoy living.

I was saying to someone earlier, it’s my daughters wedding day in june and I am going to go and enjoy every minute of it eat drink and be merry then get straight back onto 5 2 after!
    I am sure some of the others will have more profound things to say to you but for now…
    Enjoy your weekend

Audrey

To be honest, I’m not worrying too much. I’ve enjoyed myself this weekend with family and while I haven’t eaten the best, I’ve eaten a lot less than I would have before hand. Also, that’s the beauty of this diet/WOL isn’t it? Monday morning on the scales will tell me the truth. I’m planning on a roast dinner today and nothing else so should be ok in the grand scheme of things. It’s just that I’ve finally got into the 13stone group and I just hope I’ve not gone back up yo the 14s.

Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend. Some hot weather on its way tomorrow apparently! Yey! xXx

Hi everyone,

I have been on scales and have put 2lb on, no more crumpets for me!

I have eaten far too many treats and now I feel rotten.

I am back on 5 2 today, all my food is ready and I am going to exercise too.
    ginnette my new game has been despatched will let you know when it arrives.

feel rotten now but am determined to get back on track.

Audreyv

Hi Audrey

So sorry, this might seem like an awful blow to your weight loss, firstly think about the food in transit, then know how you can return to your former glory within a week if you really commit yourself.

This is a blip, nothing more.

Good luck for next week. I think you will love the new game. It takes a few goes to get into it but I even like the “music”.

Welshy

Well done on your control, that is what we have now. It is so nice to be able to have something and then return to normal. Of course our WOL has become the norm now. Funny that only a few months ago some of us were so different.

Beldyboop

So sorry that interview didn’t go well. You are obviously determined to move on. You are obviously looking for an August/September start if you are in school or college year. I used to start about 20th August. Quite early. I hope you find what you want.

If you don’t find pizza in these recipes, let me know and I will see where I found it. I would like to try it as it sounds so interesting.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 35,432 total)

You must be logged in to reply.