Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,919 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 2 hours, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 35,406 total)

• Unfair Jaye!

Unfair to send this message to another thread, and unfair to Ginette, who goes out of her way to be kind and is probably the sweetest, most caring person on this forum, which when I consider just how many sweet and caring people I have come across here, is a bloody big, but well deserved, compliment.

Hi everyone,

Have just caught up on the threads above, not sure what it’s about, but hope it can be ironed out. Jayegirl don’t leave, your presence on this (FBB) forum would be a big blow 🙁 love your posts!

Ginette, I agree with Milena, thanks for your continued support, it’s so nice to have this forum as this WOL can be hard, good days and bad days, but nice to share.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday I’m b2b this w/e, and hanging in there..xx

Hi,
    I just joined today. Does anyone know if doing the 4:3 it is ok to fast Monday through Thursday and eat normally Friday through Sunday? Or do you have to do it intermittently – day on/day off?? I know Michael Mosely chose to do his fast days consecutively.
    Thanks
    Emily

Hi Jaye

Firstly this should be posted on Help ladies of a certain age, where you made the original comments. It is unfair to post it here as people on this thread really do not know what was said.

Secondly I have always tried to support you and encourage you through good times and bad. I feel that your reaction is extreme.

I haven’t told you off, I just commented that you were coming over a little strongly. I though that a reply like yours to someone who is relatively new to the forum is was a little harsh. I also said in the post that you “were well meaning, that you are really passionate about what you believe in but sometimes you need to temper this with understanding and be gentler with people”.

Yes I felt all of these things and I think that at times you do come over a little strongly. I am so sorry if you took this as a telling off, it was just an observation as I have noticed this in the past.

I haven’t noticed any answer to slimmersylv. This is who the original comment was directed at, she has had many problems in her life quite recently and didn’t deserve this. This wasn’t the only time that I feel that your passion has caused you to come over a little strongly and those on the receiving end seem to post lass and less. As I said this forum is for encouragement and support to all.

You did upset me in our phone call, but I would have mentioned it to you in the next phone call and suggest we stay clear of this topic. I felt that you thought you thought you were right here and you spoke but didn’t listen. Everybody has different ways of dealing with things, yours are direct mine take a little thought. We may come to the same opinion but I will not be railroaded into opinions by anybody.

I am sorry that you have felt the need to leave the forum as I thought that you often made valid contributions to the threads. You will be missed by many. I hope you read this and if you take it as another criticism so be it.

My apologies to other people on this thread as I know you are not involved in the original discussion and have no idea what this is about.

Ginette

Hi Milena

My thanks for your reply. It lessens the pain. I did read it just before going to bed but I was so upset I couldn’t reply. No it shouldn’t be on this thread.

Thank you for the compliments

Ginette

Oh Ginette, you brought tears to my eyes, I can’t bear to think of you upset. I second what Milena said about you being so sweet and caring. You take so much time and trouble to help everyone, you so do not deserve Jaye’s attack.

Please don’t stop helping us all, we need you.

Hi Beldyboop

How good are you doing a b2b at the weekend, Sunday would be a really difficult day for me.

Hi Emily

Yes it is ok, but I would think very difficult especially on your first days. I have a day inbetween but normally fast two days a week unless I have some kind of event in the week. The last three weeks I have had this so I fasted Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Maybe a bit of a shock to you body all at once. But give it a go if you want to. I save nearly all of my food for the evening. I have maybe a piece of fruit in the afternoon and a meal in the evening. Is there a reason why you feel you need to do this? Maybe work?

Whatever the reason good luck and let us know how you get on.

Ginette

Oh forgot to say….I lost 2lbs this week.

Ginette

Hi. Emily

Welcome

Do you mean to fast for 4 days and eat normally for 3? Or did I read that wrongly.

Nothing wrong with either way, but if you are just starting, you might find 2 days fasting a week, not together, gets you into a rhythm. Only saying this as at first fasting can have a bit of a wobbly effect. Headaches, tummy aches, feeling cold, sleeplessness, all can happen, though usually short term. Particularly if you look water, and with it sodium, during the first couple of weeks.

Recognizing hunger, and obsessing about food can happen, well it does for me and I’ve been doing it a while.

Lots of folk tweak 5:2 to their own preferences, 5:2 with 2000/500 calories, TDEE and a quarter of that, back to back , alternate days, fasting Windows, water fasts.

Good luck, tell us about yourself and what you hope to achieve, and how you are getting on.

Wealth of information on the site and the book is invaluable.

Let us know how you are ge

Hi Ginette

Hugs, I knew you would be upset, your reply was spot on. Kindness, empathy support and encouragement are the tools in our armour to help one another on this journey, and you have these in spades.

Hi everyone!

Ginette, well done on the 2 Ibs, you must be pleased!

Emily Hi there, I think fasting mon-thurs would be tough, I suppose it’s like 3:4? I’m not sure I would keep going, I’m doing a back 2 back this weekend and it’s a bit of a challenge, yesterday was hard but today is easier, went for a run this morning, and was ok, and am going to my yoga class to night, so hopefully that will give me a good nights sleep! Can’t wait for tomorrow’s NFD. This weekend I’ve bought some new digital kitchen scales, and will be cautious on NFD’s. Am well and truly a biscuit addict, and so do my FD’s on Tue/Thus to avoid this temptation. Have bought some nuts which will be my “biscuits”, half the time my biscuit eating is mindless anyway. Have also reduced my wine intake ;-( albeit slowly since xmas, and now only do wine maybe one day of the weekend, feel quite pleased, as could have willingly sunk a ship in the amount I drunk, a couple of years ago.
    I do have treats though, but try to stick to one day a week, maybe a Sunday (not today :(), a little of what you fancy..Let us know how it goes for you! best of luck.

Hi all,

I go away for a few days and look what happens,

Jaye, please don’t let this fall out spoil your 5 2 journey, I am sure you have taken what ginette said out of context, but I haven’t read the post yet.

Ginette well done on 2lb loss. As I said above I haven’t read the post yet, but I have only known you to be supportive and if you have offered advise to me have done it in my best interest which I am sure us what you did to jaye.

Milena and applepie greetings from me I hope you are having a great weekend.

I haven’t lost any Weight as yet this week but official weigh in is Tuesday.

Audrey

Thanks Milena

Hi Beldyboop

Yes I use mine all the time as I could never guess the weight of things. I have nice flat ones that slide in the cupboard easily. I can also put any container on there press return to zero and so it just weighs the food.

Oh biscuits…..I have to keep them out of the house….too tempting!!

Hi Audrey

Did you enjoy your time away?

Yes sad news about Jaye leaving. It all happened on Help all ladies of a certain age thread. I’m sorry she reacted so badly and I hope she will continue doing brilliantly and wish her continued loss on her journey.

Good luck for Tuesday.

Ginette

* oops I saw a typover on one of my previous threads, just to correct it,

Jayegirl a lack of your presence of this thread would be a big blow ;-)…

B

I’ve been banned from tesco

Yesterday I was at my local tesco store buying a large bag of food for my dogs, I was in the queue for the checkout when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog,

What did she think I had an elephant? So because I’m retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her no I don’t have a dog, I was starting the dog diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t because I had ended up in hospital last time, but I had lost over 10 kilograms before I woke up in intensive care.

I said it’s essentially the perfect diet, the way it works is you load up your pockets with dog nuggets and simply eat one or two whenever you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and so I had decided to try it again. ( I should mention that by now everyone in the queue was enthralled with my story).

Horrified she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the food had poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a kerb to sniff a red setters behind and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. So I am now banned from tesco, but you had better watch what you say to us retired people because we have all the time in the world to think of daft things to say,

That’s one of the funniest things I have ever read and I cried laughing. Thank you for making my day!

Audreyg,

Funny, but I heard you were hospitalized because you kept falling off your chair trying to lick your nether regions… 🙂

Funniest thing I’ve read in a long while!

Hi Audrey

I didn’t realise how much I needed a good laugh. This was brilliant – carrying all that dog food in your pockets must be heavy though.

It was really warm earlier today, the car was like a greenhouse. Blood pressures a bit higher than normal so that always makes me feel hot.

Hi Jeannie, Happy and Milena

Ginette

Hi all

Hope the week goes well for everyone. I did a b2b this weekend, wobbled slightly on Sunday evening, with a couple of nuts, but made it through. Ginette agree that it’s tough for 2 days. I ran in the morning, which was fine, but in the evening had my yoga class, and also fine, but was clock watching at times due to hunger, but worth it cos slept really well. I did the b2b cos I wanted a boost, and had a one bad FD last week. I also did the: What kind of eater are you? and got all 3, so wanted to give my body a break, the constant craver and emotional eater were hard at work though! Have not stepped on scales yet, saving that “joy” until next weekend, I’ll probably cave in and do it today

My mini goal is an afternoon tea is 2 weeks time, and the week after that a wedding. larger goal is the end of June, when I hope to have lost a further 7 Ibs 😉 Whey hey!

P.S So happy with my new scales. I know there are folk who don’t like counting calories on NFD’s, I quite like to keep a tally through the day, the scales help to keep the tally more accurate. I usually stick to around 1500 cals TDEE, cos want to be able to sustain this WOL, it’s amazing how the calories mount up, and the things that are “forgotten”. Saw a documentary once about people buying food on the run (it was Secret Easters) e.g a Danish in a bag, whatever and it was that food that was forgotten, when considering weight gain 😉 there go I but….

Here’s to our collective FD’s and NFD’s, spk soon.

Hi Beldyboop

I have done b2b one accidentally and one on purpose, these aren’t what was difficult for me, it is fasting on a Sunday……this would be difficult as I have eaten with my stepmum for years on a Sunday. She would not be impressed! It is bad enough for her that I watch my food in the week. I bought some coconut and possible vanilla yoghurts yesterday from Lidl. These were lovely. I’ll check out calories etc later. I bought one of those plus size tops and it was too tight but I didn’t like it. Sleeves too short. So that will be going back.

Yes I have done this but I don’t remember what I came out at. I have been doing this for so many months now that I am pretty sure I’ve changed. The one thing that I stopped was toady for breakfast, I felt I didn’t need it, definetly didn’t want it and caved in to the you must eat breakfast brigade. Now I no longer have breakfast apart from maybe in the evening instead of dinner and not toast. I eat about 2.30 – 3.30 on a fast day, only a piece of fruit and the rest I have at 7.30 – 9 in the evening.

On NFD’s I may have a sandwich or fruit and yoghurt at lunchtime which is always as above and then I always have what I fancy with reason again on times of FDs. This is when I feel ready as I decided to listen to my body.

I eat dinner at 5pm on Sunday to fit in with everyone else and dessert about 2/3 hours later. Maybe line yesterday a yoghurt or maybe something more…….it depends what I fancy. I have learnt to listen to my body from about a month after fasting. It works for me.

I got new scales and they are so much better than the old ones, the old ones I could get on 4 times in a row and they would show a different weight. The new ones are much better.

I used to eat about 1500 but I joined Milena on FBD and cut out treats. I now hover around 1000 – 1200. Hence the quicker weight loss.

I have watched secret eaters. It is surprising and a real eye opener to see what people eat without thinking. I have to say I don’t do that now and always eat with appreciation.

I hope you reach both of your goals.

Ginette

Morning all,

Glad you liked the post thought we needed to lighten the mood a bit.

I am fasting today and have just spent 60 mins on my new game for my wii which was recommended by ginette. Didn’t like it at first seemed slow but must admit it had me sweating by the end, and now my legs ache a little bit.

Think I could do to invest in new scales mine change your weight every time I get on so I have to average it out, not brilliant I know!

Good luck to everyone fasting

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Just been on Amazon the ones in this link are expensive £35 but the reviews are fantastic and loads of them. I read through a few reviews to make sure they come in stones as well.

There are cheaper ones on there of course. I like the coloured backlight and I can remember that I was sorry that I hadn’t seen these before mine as I would have chosen these.

If you want others post here and I’ll go search. I am in today and will probably only do a bit of housework and some exercise.

I am just going to get a cup of tea as I’m really thirsty today.

I know you are doing the same days as me. How are things going? Yes I’m pleased you lightened the mood.

Ginette

Thanks ginette

Will save up for them, mine are ok but you can go up or down by .4 of a lb each time you get on, it’s very frustrating.

Fast day going well only had liquid so far got some soup out of the freezer for later if I want it, would like to try a liquid only day so am going to see how I get on. Am drinking lots because I have been on the wii game for over an hr do am very very hot!

How is your fast day going?

Audrey

Hi Audrey

They look great don’t they. You are lucky with yours as my old ones could change by 4lb. I just think that you keep a set of scales for years and so if you want to use them to follow a weight loss plan and you need it to be accurate then I would pay this. I like the colour change and the big display, I also like it will recognise the person by weight if no two people are within 4lbs difference.

Yes I wish I had bought these. I would like your personal view though. I know they come with batteries and also any problems the company’s after service sounds great and efficient.

Yes fast day is fine thanks. I get by on mostly tea until the evening. I do often have a piece of fruit about three. It’s so much a routine now that I don’t even notice.

I always exercise just before dinner as exercise is said to be more beneficial in a fasted state.

Let me know if you need a get well card tomorrow for your aches and pains. Ouch I pity you getting out of bed in the morning.

Ginette

They do indeed sound very good, it is a lot of money though and that is in short supply at the minute hehe.

I will put them on my wish list till I can afford them.

I am sure I will be ok ache wise, I have been working out again for a couple of weeks now so my body is sort of used to it again , and don’t forget the jog at weekend because I certainly won’t do!

Audrey

Yes I know what you mean I am being careful as well.

Well your body will tell you if you have overdone things. You have much more stamina than I have, I thought was wasn’t bad.

I hope you have a good loss at the end of the week.

I am out for a meal on Thursday at the Toby Cavery. I don’t know if they have them where you are but I really enjoy eating there. They have them in the south. They have just started doing herby roast potatoes. Delicious!! I do skip the yorkshires now but this week they are giving away a free ice cream…….well I think I shall indulge in this, only a small one mind….

My son is treating me. First time ever…..

I can be angelic until Thursday.

Ginette

It sounds delicious,

Whenever our daughters take us out we always end up paying, that’s kids for you hehe.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

It’s kate my daughters wedding soon so I am behaving myself till after, I still need to fit into my suit!

Have a good day

Audrey

Testing testing

Please post!

Morning,

It’s certainly quiet on here today

I have lost 1.5 lb very happy with that

Hope everyone is ok

Audrey

(Sorry, I sometimes have trouble posting wanted test it first as I’ve been trying to post since Monday eve!)

Wow, I go away for a weekend and it seems to have all been happening. I don’t want to drag it out but I will just say that everyone on these forums are nothing but supportive and friendly. We have different personalities and methods for achieving our weight loss but at the end of the day we all want the same thing: to help each other lose weight, in a method that suits our own personalities, strengths and weaknesses. It is also very difficult to read the tone of voice when written down and so even if it was meant one way, it can easily be taken the wrong way. And you have accept that and make extra effort to make your voice clear. And lastly, a true friend should be able to tell you the truth, even if you don’t like hearing it.

I have been away mon-fri and thoroughly enjoyed spending some time with my boy, away from the crazy toddler. I don’t think I’ve eaten excessively but I have eaten a fair few chips! (Pub lunches!) I haven’t drank excessively either. But I made no effort to calorie count as I wanted to simply enjoy myself. I hopped on the scales this opening and I’ve put 2lbs on over the weekend but I’d already lost 2lbs earlier in the week so overall-no weight gain. awesome! I also did make it to my fitsteps class Monday eve after just getting home too. Back fasting today and really going to hit it hard for three days as I’ve got my mum visiting this weekend (May is a crazy month for visitors!) so don’t want another bad weekend. I think ill find it hard as I’ve enjoyed plenty of “naughty” foods recently so energy levels will be all over the place.

I hope you’ve all had good weekends

Welshy xXx

Hi All

Before I answer all I need to post this link that I got from another thread. The thread was for people with diabetes – if we think we struggle you should see the struggle they have.

This is about aspartame and the studies they have done on it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/12/23/artificial-sweeteners-confuse-body.aspx

Extract below:

“Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners are primarily promoted to diabetics and those concerned about their weight. This despite the fact that artificial sweeteners have repeatedly been shown to produce the exact opposite effects:

Research shows that aspartame worsens insulin sensitivity to a greater degree than sugar
    Artificial sweeteners have also been found to promote weight gain, in more ways than one
    Over time, artificial sweeteners have also crept into a wide variety of products not directly targeting diabetics and dieters.”

It also shows studies from 1986 where a large amount of people were tested. I hope the UK newspapers highlight this. So many people drink diet drinks which contain these thinking they are helpful. It is worth reading to the end.

Ok back to this thread.

Hi Audrey

well done on your loss, it is still a good result and shows that it is easy to reverse a short term gain. Don’t underestimate how important this is for when eventually we get to maintenance.

Hi Welshy

Love your just testing one!

It was me that post was aimed at primarily, this was on the wrong thread and I don’t think I told Jaye off, I just said that she comes over a little strongly at times, this is what I thought about a comments she had directed at a relatively new poster. I also told the original poster that Jaye was well meaning and passionate about what she believed. I’m am really sorry that this was taken this way. I need to really put this to bed as it really upset me at the time and I don’t want to go back to that.

Don’t worry about the weight on there is the food in transit argument, with a couple of days all or half or it will go. You will soon return to a way that helps you cope and as you see by Audrey’s loss, it won’t be long before that is a distant memory.

Good luck for this week.

Ginette

Arghhhhh!!! I’m starting to hate this forum (the website not the lovely people on it!) it just won’t let me post anything. I keep writing long posts and then I hit send and it just loads the first page of the thread without posting my new post. I’ve lost count how much time I’ve wasted typing and retyping posts

Oh the irony. It let me post that one!

I’ll try typing smaller posts…

Ginette: you have nothing to feel bad about. You were simply trying to be a good friend. But I shall now zip up on the subject!

I’m finding today a little tough. It feels like my first fast again!! I’m trying to do as much as possible to keep me busy and drinking many many pints of squash (don’t like tea, coffee or plain water). Tummy is def grumbling but I’m determined to get back on track. I like to imagine that hunger is the feeling of fat melting away lol

Oh I love the day after a fast,

I am having roast chicken breast and roasted vegetables for my evening meal tonight and I can’t wait!

The food always tastes so much better after a fast, it’s like you have worked for it so you enjoy it more.

I have done another wii workout today only 45 Mins this time and am feeling pretty pleased with myself for once.

Today is a good day for me

Welshy stay strong, do what I do and keep saying to yourself I can eat tomorrow, you can do this!

Audrey

Thanks Welshy

I know I don’t feel guilty as I had said nothing that I wouldn’t say to anyone. People who are new to the forum are at a vulnerable time as we all are when we first come on here. Like you our role is to support, encourage and commiserate. We push and pull people along as we want them to do well.

I have had some nice words of support from the forum.

Hi Audrey

Glad you are taking it easier. Also it makes us really appreciate what food we have on NFD, although I enjoy fast days as well.

Ginette

Ginette

Welshy

I forgot to say you can contact the tech. I know the link is on the site somewhere. Are you putting smileys in as that causes problems?

Scroll down to the bottom and the link is there to email him. He is pretty quick sorting out problems.

Ginette

Oooo maybe I was putting smileys in. I’ll try and remember not to do that. Thanks for the tip, it was driving me mad lol

Today started out tough and I was really hungry but it’s gotten better as its gone on. It feels so long since I fasted (last one was Wednesday). Not eaten anything today but looking forward to a small portion of bolognase without any pasta.

Already excited about hoping on sales tomorrow and finding out if today had any impact!!

xXx

Hi there!

Hi Welshy, glad you made the Fitsteps. I did b2b over the w/e and found it quite tough, the back end of Sunday especially, I did nibble on a few nuts, it has to be said. Anyway am on FD today, and think cos of b2b, found today easier, manageable, am so looking forward to NFD tomorrow, Whey hey!

Audrey the Wii, sounds good, I used to “shy” away from my usual exercise on FD’s but now it keeps me going 🙂

Hi Ginette!

BB

Welshy

Have you tried bare naked noodles from Morrison’s a bit expensive and you need to add the taste to them. They are only 24 calories for the whole packet. Just rinse them before use. It will only really do one meal or maybe more if you put lots of things with them.

Your post seems longer so maybe smileys were the problem.

Hi Beldyboop

I lost once with a lot of Wii exercise and it really tones you up. The game I suggested to Audrey is good as you don’t need to use the balance board. I did start on on Wii fit plus but I got used to the exercises after a time and I was forever changing batteries in the balance board. This once has apparently got over 150 exercises. If you are interested I will post you a link to my other thread.

I was given two mini chocolate bars and I swear I could hear them calling out of the wrappers to me. As I am on FBD and its only two weeks to go, I must stay strong.

However, not to be beaten by the chocolate bars I have bought them home and will store them until a couple of weeks time……..I will have them eventually!

Ginette

Hi there

Ginette you must be really proud to have got this far with FBD 🙂 it sounds tough, and I’d suffer without my weekly guzzle of wine, but that said, I never thought I could’ve got through the first FD without dying of hunger, and 6 weeks on it seems much easier!
    Welshy I too was excited about the meeting with my scales, I’m not sure if to believe them until the weekend, what with the running, zumba and fasts it tends to go AWOL
    Audrey yes you can’t beat the day after FD! hope you enjoy it.

Best to all

Ginette: I haven’t tried bare naked noodles as I don’t have a morrisons bear me but next time I pass one I’m determindd to run in and buy some. I know you get them at the health food shop (name escapes me) but they seem really expensive. I’m happy without them at the mo. I actually find that by the time it gets to dinner I’m often not very hungry anyway.

My mum sent me a little chocolate bar while I had given up choc for lent. That sat in the cupboard for weeks waiting for me…then my daughter found it and I just gave it to her lol

How much have you lost of the FBD so far Hinette? I quite like doing 3FD (this month is too hectic though) but the idea of no sweet treats or drink is too much for me at the mo!

Beldy: it’s funny to think that we’ve gone from dreading stepping on the scales to looking forward to it. Although I still have that small fear the second I step on them thinking “what if I haven’t lost anything this time?” But I always have thankfully.

I’m on a NFD today but havent eaten yet mainly due the fact I have a check up at the Dr this morning (just for my birth control) and I know I’ll be weighed so I refuse to eat till after that! Every little helps right!? Lol Actually I skipped dinner the eve before my FD (tues) plus brekkie today. And I managed to get to fitsteps mon eve and back on the rowing machine this morning. It feels so good to be back in control after an indulgent lazy weekend. I’ve managed to knock off one pound already with yesterday’s FD. Actually I think it was 1.5lb but I don’t usually count the ounces. Hopefully I can shift another one or two this week before my mum arrives (don’t think I’ve lost enough for her to notice yet unfortunately)

Happy fasting to everyone who’s doing it today and well done to everyone who’s already done one

Welshy xXx

Hi Welshy – I wonder if the hunger you are feeling is down to the sugar or sweeteners in your squash? Both have been shown to actually make you feel more hungry. I have ditched them both. Have you tried fizzy water with good squeeze of lemon? very refreshing. Hope your mum notices.

Happy Fasting!

The hunger I was feeling yesterday was only due to an indulgent weekend (and a slice of cheesecake on Monday!). It eased as the day progressed. I don’t normally get very hungry at all on FD. I was just a bit out of whack after the weekend away but I’m back into my home routine now and feeling good.

Ive tried every combination of lemon water I can think of: fizzy, flat, hot, cold but I hate it. Makes me feel sick to be honest. Squash is my one thing I have to have. It gets pints of water into me that I would really struggle with otherwise. I get the no added sugar ones just to feel a little bit better. It’s awkward going out for a drink if I’m avoiding alcohol as there’s only OJ (full of sugar) or fizzy drinks (also full of sugar!). I hate the fact I don’t like water but it doesn’t quench my thirst in slightest and I have to force down every mouthful. Strange I know.

I’ve just come back from the Dr and I was worried her scale would be different to mine. And guess what, they were! But making me two pounds lighter lol I’ll stick with my scale readings but pleased it was lower rather than higher. Just enjoying a very tasty lunch of Moroccan cous cous, lots of salady bits and a small bit of goats cheese. Delish!

xXx

Hi Welshy, for a chsnge try a ‘Long vodka without the vodka”. Ive drunk it for years, looks alcoholic, so I don’t get drawn into the old just one won’t harm you scenario which seems to forever be the mantra of drinkers in pubs. It isnt overly sweet.

Slosh some bitters around a glass, empty, fill with soda water or fizzy mineral water, lots of ice, dash of lime cordial. Lemon piece or lemon juice. Very good with the vodka too!!!

Hi Beldyboop

I thought it would be extremely difficult as I so enjoy certain foods that aren’t nutritionally good. So be this treats or chips I thought six weeks was such a long time.

I had also thought this before starting 5:2 but knowing that I could eat things within reason on NFDs that I wanted, helped me to take the plunge.

Anyway wanting to support Milena and also wanting to stop me have too many treats I took the plunge, knowing that it would be one of the most difficult decisions I made.

Well the first week was difficult, but it got almost as easy as 5:2. I must say Milena is the star in this as I had meals out that I couldn’t avoid. Yes I could have said no to dessert but the first one was a voucher with thirty pounds to spend and this would have left money on the voucher so I did……only a small ice cream though, the smallest they do. The second was a wedding and there was no choice of dessert so I had to go along with it. They wanted everybody to experience it and it was served in a ball of meringue. This they said symbolised their circle of love.

The third is a meal with my son, the first ever he has invited me out for, just me and him. Well the meal will be fine as it is a cavery and I shall forgo the yourkshire pudding. I am toying with the idea of dessert as they may do a fruit salad, but dessert is free. So I will have something. I can’t resist free things.

Yes I have avoided so much, I have gained – not weight but momentum……it has really kickstarted things again. To be fair I only had two weeks where I only had 1/2 a pound loss. This was over Easter and too much indulgence….as you see I am only human. I just didn’t want it to continue this way so decided to jump in with both feet.

So far I have lost on FBD 3,5,1 and 2lbs. So that was great although I was a little worried at the 5 as I didn’t want to lose that quickly. As you see a right kick in the behind and thankfully only nearly two weeks to go.

Milena is planning an absolute feast on the very next day afterwards. I shall have a fast day as normal and then some treats on the second day. I am lucky as I don’t drink and so won’t really miss alcohol.

Hi Welshy

I think Applepie may be right. I used to dink flavoured waters but found some of those higher in calories than expected, I also don’t like fizzy drinks and it was hard to get flat flavoured water. I now drink water favoured with juice and by that I mean the tiniest bit added to just turn the colour of the water. This I find more refreshing than water, this is probably in my brain….but it means I drink a lot more. I make it in a pint glass and I can get through 2 pints when exercising (but often I can have just water here from need) if I am sitting down or pottering the one with very little juice is ideal.

My tea intake remains the same although I got a bigger cup so there is definetly more fluids drank in a day.

The no added sugar ones often can have sweeteners, look at the label. Sorry I don’t want to be a wet blanket.

The health food shop is Holland and Barratt but they are expensive there. You can order them online but again this would probably work out expensive and you may have to order more than one. I bought one to try and thought it was ok, but I should have added more spices. I then bought another couple and I have eaten one with more spices – that was really nice. The last I am going to try with pesto and parmesan.

I’m glad you weighed lighter at the doctors. I hope they were pleased with that. Yes for readings that you count it is best to stick to one. I used to weigh everyday and there were many ups and downs now I weigh once a week. Maybe if I am going to the doctors I might weigh on that moving as well and also if I am going to see my health trainer.

I really hope your Mum notices. I think it depends on if you have a lot to lose as I have lost a lot of weight and only one person has noticed that my shoulders are getting narrower.

Just had a strange temptation arrive. I tub of Ben and Gerrys peanut butter ice cream. I spoke to the delivery driver who said well if it’s in your creates so consider it a freebie!! Ah well I suppose I shall have to try it in two weeks….I don’t even really like peanut butter……but I shall have try it…….I suppose Sigh… I bet it is packed full of calories!

Have a good day everybody.

Ginette

Sorry I meant to add this link:

It about an interesting programme on Horizon at 9pm tonight BBC 2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05wdfhk

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 35,406 total)

You must be logged in to reply.