Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,551 through 3,600 (of 35,468 total)

• KT….

Things will settle down for you but it will take time. Even if the scales are up now……start fasting when you feel up to it….you have to be in the right mind set to start…I don’t think you are at the moment, try and eat healthy at the moment. Xx

Alex….really well done….I make it 9 lbs….you have had a really good start…it must make you feel vey positive xx. ( more than me this week..I stayed the same!)

Hi Dear Friends. x

What a beautiful day again… hope you have had the glorious sunshine with you.

Hi KT … I know what you mean about hospitals.. We are usually at our lowest ebb when one of our loved ones are there. So very easy to contact germs ourselves.

You need to just ease yourself into 5-2 gently. Fasting is good for cleaning out our bodies also giving our organs a rest.

So pleased you have managed to keep in touch with us over this traumatic time.

We can all do this KT helping each other along the journey.

Life seems to have away of throwing bad deals at us to cope with… somehow we find the strength with the help of friends to get by.

Together we can do this KT. Xx

Alex .. Blimey Alex is that 8 and three quarter pounds… Wow Wow wow.

Good for you mate .. hope it continues for you.

You must have worked very hard this week to achieve such brilliant results. I am in awe of you so very well done.

Keep in touch it really helps. Xx

Hope everyone else is ok. ..

Stocked up at Tesco on Shloer so all set to go. Must just add .. this morning a non fast day … had no breakfast 2 cups of tea.

Didn’t miss it at all … so much more energetic too. Isn’t that strange. Xx

Morning All,

Got up at 7 to make morning cuppa to take to bed it was bright and beautiful….now at 8.45 really misty..it will be really lovely later.

Hubby hammered a few holes in the wall yesterday putting up some pictures for me…took a bit to get them straight..today I will be filling them all and repainting the area…all fun!

PM definitely a tidy garden day and wash car inside and out.

Audrey looks as she picks her week…lovely until Easter.

Hemmy…enjoy your Kirsty day…lovely walks with Mr Pips..

Ginette, Karen, Plainy, Dee, KT…..not about…..have a lovely Sunday what ever you are doing…

A rally for troups …..Milena, Celtic, Coffee, Alex, Lynda, Vet, and anyone I may have forgot…hope you are all OK and still looking in…we miss you all…

Have a good day

Jean x

Just a q uick post…

Got here safely, van o.k. ☺☺☺ pitch flooded and very muddy had to buy wellies 😕😕😕 looking good tho weather wise….

Have a good week, will post later in week…. Fast day tomorrow for me

Audrey

Good afternoon everyone!

I’ve been keeping up with the posts but not posting myself – things have been bad here and feeling rather depressed. Haven’t had a good weekend food wise but going for a FD tomorrow so hoping to get back on board.
    Have the Doctors on Tuesday – Stop smoking tablets should be sorted out then – heaven knows how thats going to go! I did stop for 18 months without any problems but started again when I got panic attacks after being diagnosed with cancer ( not smoking related) Tried to stop again a couple of years later and put on 4 STONE in 4 months (gulp) Decided I’d rather lose the weight so started smoking again, wrong choice – addicted to the cigs again and still didn’t lose the weight!
    Do you ever get the feeling that EVERY choice you make is a subconcious attack on yourself? Maybe we have to learn to love ourselves more before we can really decide we deserve better things ie health, weight, happiness.
    Just read this back and it sounds so depressing. Sorry don’t mean to put everyone on a downer. New start tomorrow. 🙂

Coffee,

New start tomorrow..draw a line under and feel positive…

Fast day for us tomorrow

X

Hi Friends. x

Sym blimey you were busy filling and painting… hope you managed to get it all done.

A fresh start tomoz … we can do this we already have.. just a blip along the way. Looking at other threads others seem to experience a few setbacks but go on to lose more weight.

Not a too bad week-end food wise and wine. Not expecting anything wonderful Tuesday though…just becoming a bit lacks s daisy I guess.

Must put a spurt on though as want to greet the summer a nice weight.

Oh dear Kristy back again next week-end. I am good all the week but succumb at the week-end.

She has lost a good half a stone in the short time she’s been away.

Hope you are enjoying your week -end both. Lets do this starting tomorrow. Xx

Hi Aud .. glad you arrived safely …don those wellies and get in that garden girl. Lol

Sooo glad the weather looks to be great this week … sun shining on our golden girl. Take care Xx

Coffee…Oh my dear lovely. You must post .. keep in touch tell us how you feel… and we will try our very best to help you.

Of course you are very worth it and you must love yourself first so you can love others too.

Go positively to the Drs on Tuesday Coffee… best foot forward . Honestly you really can do all this it seems like a great mountain but treat it like tiny little hills … a bit at a time. We will support you all the way. One thing at a time. Stay with us. Xx

Hope everyone is enjoying this glorious week-end. Xx

Hi All,

Bright and cloudy here.

We had a weekend off food wise a couple of lovely cooked dinners, a few glasses of wine, I think 4 chocolate sweets I made each and a packet of crisps…I felt more guilty over the crisps we have not had any for at least 3 months!

We are both on a fast say today.

A line drawn and on a thoughtful week ahead although out for fish and chips in York on Tuesday. Just keep pushing on and hope for some movement in weight sometime as long it’s not upwards!

Hemmy…just skirting boards and door to be painted then finished…away tomorrow for 2 nights so will be done later. Looking good so far. I thought a few changes around the house would be nice a few cushions and pictures, I am terrible I like what I like and I don’t do changes easy. Spring cleaning as I go!

Still very quiet on here ……is everybody having a break…..hope you are still popping in…..and maintaining!

Have a good all
    Jean X

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Another beautiful day… wonderful sunshine.

Fast Day for me to day anyone else.

Hope the sun is shiny for you all.

Where is everyone … we need to keep up the support Xx

Brit lovelies

The Three Most Important Words We Can Say TO Ourselves Is YES I CAN. Xx

Hi Sym crossed posts.

Like you I don’t like change … just small differences here and there. Recycle stuff I have in the loft over the years. Just change around really.

Like decorating and do it in bits … all cream so quite easy. Lol

Good luck today…going to keep busy. Xx

good morning lovely ladies
    it is bright and sunny here

well I have dragged myself out of bed – (my own bed at last!!)
    and just weighed
    I have lost over 5.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, so at least there is something good in all this
    and I KNOW dad would be please as he was always so worried about my weight

also I have finally broken below the 14 stone barrier which is great (if only by a few ounces!!)

so today is a fast day, but I am not going to count any calories I take in through lemsips/honey and lemon etc

I will try to go for a walk, but not sure how far I will manage as this cold has been a real stinker and has taken a lot out of me

KT,

That’s great news 5 1/2 pounds a really good kick start …making you feel positive…Dad would be real pleased…what more could you want…moving the stone barrier it’s all everybody wants.

The cold is a pain, keep taking the lemsips you must be on the downside run now…

Hemmy,

This crossing of posts..it happens all the time. We are all cream also just one coloured wall in the lounge…it does make it easy I keep a stock of paint and buy it on offer…..yes I have also have loads of stuff in the loft so a mixture to play with I recycle it again, unless daughter snaffles it of course for home or school!

Hubby won’t throw much away at all he says he just does what his father did. Still I cook like my Mum did but I am cutting down on a full dinner with Yorkshire Pudds everyday!! Lol

Xx

Fast day finished.

We had poached egg, poached tomatoes and 2 rashes of grilled bacon with 2 slices of bread, just a change from a ham salad.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Xx

Hi Friends … did a good fast day .. milky coffee … bacon and egg sandwich as per usual.

Not expecting a miracle tomorrow .. as I have not been brilliant this week.

KT now you are brilliant girl. Well done on losing that 5 1/2 lbs . Doing that in very hard circumstances is much to be applauded. Xx Plus braking a stone barrier .. Whoop so thrilled for you KT. Xx

Sym your meal sounded lovely. Its so much better to have something you really enjoy on FD .

Had a lovely day just fiddling in the garden plus cleaned my car inside out… even managing to use T Cut polishing out all the scratches I seem to collect. Lol Xx

Off to bed sleep tight everyone…. a fresh page tomorrow … come and turn it with us. Xx

Hello everyone just had a fifteen minutes catch up! So sorry not been contributing but I did say March was crazy!!! Weighed this morning and lost 3lb which was pleasing as it was my birthday week last week, I had two full days off and did not even go on my fitness pal on those days! So very pleased.
    I have fasted today and will do tomorrow as well as I have two days at Cheltenham races Wednesday/Thursday which will involve drink!

Hope you are all well and I miss my daily interaction with you all!

Plainy

it was my birthday week last week, also, plainy!!
    happy birthday for the ?th

Hopefully another beautiful day… Going to Buckingham a pretty little town to have a meander around.

Wow Plainy well done 3lbs that’s wonderful .. you are well on target for slim bridegroom. ( What happened to our BTB are you still with us. ) xx

Happy Birthday for last week Plainy and KT. Xx

Well again no loss no gain. Story of my life these days. Lol Seem to have gone of the boil a bit… at the mo. I know it can be done you are all proving it … need to get a plan I think. Lol FD fine as I read so many times on here its the week-ends that are the killer for me.. ending in yo yo.

Hope everyone is ok … … Karen… CC… Lynda.. Dag .. Alex.. Dee… Coffee… and all. Xx

Aud hope you are enjoying the garden… poppies in… Xx

Gine hope all is good with you. Xx

KT keep it going girl. Xx

Sym .. have a lovely time in York…Tell hubby to save me a few chips. Lol Xx

Teamwork ..divides the task … and multiplies the success. Xx

Morning Brits,

Plainy nice to see you popping in, all busy and loosing 3 lbs great news. Hope you will have a winning streak at Cheltenham and have a lovely day…I have only been once if I remember York, I came out £10 on top over the afternoon. Backed an outsider liked the name typical of a woman!

Belated Birthday wishes to you both…Plainy and KT……🎂 + 🎂 With lots of 🎁🍺 +🎁🍷 X X

Hemmy…this weather gets us all moving outside getting all the jobs done..hoping you have some movement on the scales..like you not expecting much this week.

Going away to York for a couple of days in caravan back Thursday…hoping to pop in depending on WIFI. I am not taking any alcohol as it’s mid week so no temptation….fish and chips later today but no lunch to compensate lol

Have a lovely day all.
    X

Hemmy,

Crossed again..lol.. Have a lovely day in Buckingham, sounds lovely a bit of lunch out to rest your legs.

Stayed the same ..as you said to me ( I think.. could of been Aud) better than going up. The ‘same’ is like a rest on the stairs..start going down next week..lol

You will be lucky with his chips…he doesn’t share!

X

Hi All

So sorry that I haven’t been posting, or even reading. Just caught up…… I have been busy on my sons website which he told me at about 7.15 Sunday morning had to be up and running by 11am that day. Well it was up but had some problems in that any of the contact forms got to him. I have been at it until 5am this morning. Seems ok now, still some fine adjustment but that can wait.

…so now here I am.

Well done KT with that brilliant result, your Dad would have been pleased. This is a reason to get started and get focuses and will help you take your mind of the sad events of the last few weeks. I say this from experience. Well done again xx

Hi Hemmy

I hear on the news that Tesco had run out of your Favorite drink, had a run on it :). Well done on Jristy for her weight loss. Yes you were right I had a really good weight loss as it was no treats, no carbs and no alcohol. The no alcohol bit didn’t bother me but it was difficult to give up treats for 6 weeks. I think I caved in once to about three midget gems!! I lost a lot of weight on it though. I went on it to keep two other people company. If I could keep off the treats I know I would lose. Sitting in a chair doing websites isn’t any ever use as an exercise apart from for my brain….. and my patience….

Have a lovely weekend. Xx

Hi Jean

Maybe try two fast days followed by a more lenient 800 day on Friday. This may give you the lost mentally that you need as you don’t want it to make you fed up, that can be counter productive. 800 is still really low but will seem like a treat after 500. Maybe worth a try…

Hi Audrey

Well the sun is certainly streaming in for you, the wind was a bit chilly, not sure about outside today yet. I’m still working out what day it is after my lost hours of website absorption. No housework got touched so looks as if I need to catch up with some. Feeling tired today though after such a long night.

Enjoy the sunshine xx

Hi Coffee

I can appreciate what a struggle you are having. Do you smoke a very low nicotine cigarette? My neighbour gave up smoking real cigarettes with a mixture of nicotine patches and e cigs. Still on the e cigs though.

Hi Plainy

Well done on the loss, happy belated birthday to you and KT. Yes you are right a loss is to be celebrated no matter how much. A loss in a difficult month is even more commendable. Keep it up.

Hi Alex

What a brilliant loss, this will really encourage you as well. This way of life doesn’t feel like a duet and that is the most important thing for me.

I must admit to messing up a fast day. First time ever! I was right on track until I burnt the vegetables, ended up with a sardine toasted sandwich (not at all satisfying) and then ate of all things a bag of crisps!! I was fed up and the smell of burnt veg is still in the air… I only eat about six bags of crisps a year so why then. I thought that I would share this with you as you will know I am just human… Of course I am very annoyed at myself as this was the one day in over a year that I hadn’t messed up… To put it into perspective I was about 75 calories over so that wasn’t too bad and still much lower than a normal day.

Hi Karen, Celtic, Victoria and all others.

See you later.

Ginette

Let me know how you do this week.

Hi all 🙂

Beautiful weather here today 🙂 🙂 🙂 lovely to see the sun even if the wind is still a bit fresh.

Alex Audrey KT Dee Plainy…well done on your losses! Brilliant results so keep it moving in the right direction!

Jean and Hemmy..I know it’s frustrating but marking time is better than putting on x love the ‘rest on the stairs’ quote!!

Hemmy..hope you’re having a wonderful day out x

Jean..enjoy your break..hope the weather holds for you x

Audrey..hope you’re having a lovely time too x

Ginette..hope you are having a good rest..you deserve it after all that website work!

Coffee..hope you’re doing OK x

Celtic Milena..thinking of you x and all others not mentioned x

It’s been back to basics for me, logging everything on mfp. No faffing, trying to stay focused. Had a v good FD yday so happy with 1kg down this week. Just slightly over my target weight but determined to get back to that and avoid the slippery slope!

Housework calling..enjoy the rest of the day everyone 🙂

Karen
    Xx

have blown it all apart today with tonnes of mini cheddars and garibaldi biscuits
    rubbish day

Hi all I’m gonna be starting the 5:2 on monday any advice? especially for the fast days and whats the best way to do it i was thinking eat 2 days then fast, eat 2 days then fast and just stick to that and see how it goes, what do you find works?

Hi All,

All settled in … Been out for a good walk a bit chilly but lovely.

Fish and chips lovely as ever… Sorry no chips left Hemmy!

Ginette… You will be saying no wonder we don’t loose weight! Like the idea off 800 calories in between… I think swimming on the cards after Easter when the children back to school..maybe 4 to 6 weeks just to get the weight moving… It worked last time.

Glad you are back Karen and feeling positive after hols.

All for now hard to write on mobile
    X

I give up
    this is a binge day
    it is a bottomless pit

Hi Karen

The sun makes a big change. Shame about the wind but we are lucky to have the sun.

Just had the funniest thing happen….. My sons friend has seen the website and likes it so much he would like me to do one the same for him…..thankfully in a few weeks. Funny old world. I love the challenge of it but it was also very frustrating at times and I don’t understand it all but very satisfying when you have achieved it.

Swimming helped me when I did it years ago. Now if I jumped in a pool half the water would jump out!

Hi KT

We all have bad days. Make tomorrow a better one and put it behind you. Life will be a bit of a roller coaster for a while you have to learn to get the better of it. It may take a time to adjust but you will succeed. 🙂 I’m routing for you xx

Hi Spence

Welcome to the forum I shall pipit some links for you in a list below to help you get started. You gphave done the very best thing you can to cone on this forum and get the support of others. It will help you along, you can moan and groan here share your achievements and disappointments and we won’t judge. We will understand where you are coming from.

I started on Thirsday as I was worried that if I waited till Monday I would find an excuse. This was way back over a year ago. I have had some brilliant losses and some small gains and many stay the same weeks but all in all I have kept the weight off and for me this is a plus point.

Off to find you some links.

Ginette

Hi Sence

Here are some links.

http://kate-harrison.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/The-5-2-Diet-Book-Clickable-Links-and-Resources-January-2013.pdf

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/

The second link is about what I learnt along the way, and what I wished I knew at the beginning. Things that people don’t tell you.

I hope this helps. I am assuming you are male and if so you will lose more quickly than women, it’s just a fact. Look at Paliny and Alex’s losses. They are both doing really well on 5:2.

I think the most important thing is planning fast days ahead and getting the food ready. If l ever do it ad hoc I struggle…

Good luck.

Ginette

Evening everyone hope you are all ok? Sounds like a up and down day across the board!, but we all know the beauty of this way of eating is tomorrow is another day! And as long as there is more than two days left in the week any damage is more than repairable or at least limit the damage!

Not really sure how I have eaten today, I fasted yesterday and wanted to do another today but in the back of my mind I thought I have a day of Guinness at Cheltenham tomorrow so probably not the best idea🙈 So I have eaten but not too much if that makes any sense?! Think because of the excess I will fast twice more this week on two of fri, sat, sun that’s the plan anyway

I’ll dip back in later in the week positive thoughts to you all
    Plainy

Morning guys

Stayed the same this week which is a bonus with 2 hen weekends under my belt must stay focus until the wedding,,,.downside in my life is the boiler has given up the ghost so no heating or hot water cold showers not a nice experience.

Fast day for me today will be spent in my warm bed.

Lynda x

Looks a nicer day today so hopefully a bit of work in the garden… later.

Dentists this morning just a checkup .. but always dread it. Lol

So strange .. a normal day yesterday but weighed a lb less than after my fast on Mon.

Gine .. take it easy.. you are very cleaver with doing the website… but don’t get tired… still lots of bugs around at the mo. Xx

Sym … have a lovely day with hubby. Xx

Karan lovely to see you back … well done getting stuck back in straight away with a 1kg loss. Good going girl. Xx

KT .. just close the door on yesterday … by the looks of it you may even have lost today. Lol Xx

Welcome Spence … lots of help here .. keep checking in to stay on track. Xx

Coffee how’s it going with you. Xx

Plainy you are doing so well … think these events will be a walk in the park for you. Xx

Lynda … keep warm. Xx

Vet .. CC.. Dag..Dee..Alex and all have a good day whatever you are doing. Xx

Brit lovelies…Failures are finger posts on our road to achievement. Xx

Hi Plainy

Yes that’s true, that’s the beauty of it, mess a day up and make up for it the next day. It’s a shame I didn’t learn this years ago!!

Enjoy Cheltenham.

Hi Lynda

Yes as you say, a real bonus. This way of life takes the odd day or two well. Sorry to hear about your boiler, I hope you manage to get it fixed quickly. At least the weather is warmer, don’t think I would have cold showers though!

Hi Hemmy

The ups and downs of Wright during the week is something I have never understood. I hope this means that you are still a pound (or more) down at weigh in day.

Have a good day in the garden.

Ginette

just feel like jacking it all in
    binged all evening yesterday
    and have already come home and eaten 2 custard tarts and 4 biscuits (there are no more left as I ate the rest yesterday)
    I have had to force myself to put a bit of dinner (real food) in the oven
    but I feel angry and resentful and full of self hatred
    guessing am not in a good place!!

anyway
    well done to all of you who DO manage to stick at it and look after yourselves

Hi Friends x

Gine .. Yes it is strange how the days vary so much with weight loss or gain.

I seem to be chasing a lb daily now. Lol Think some warmer weather would spur me on.

How is it going with you … are you still doing 3 FDs per week.

Thing is I don’t seem to eat that much on normal days now … just because I don’t feel hungry and sweet tooth gone again. I seemed to lose so much more when I was eating so much more on normal days. Cant win. lol Xx

KT .. don’t despair look how very far you have come. Its very early days in your sadness so don’t expect too much of yourself.

You have been brilliant still coming here throughout bad times.. do try to focus on how good you are and have been. Think of your namesake and just Keep Trying … that’s all any of us can do. Xx

Aud and Sym hope you are having a wonderful time. Xx

All our other gang… Karen .. CC…Lynda ..Alex..Plainy .. Coffee…Vet…Dag..Dee.. and all. Hope things are going well for you folks.

Xx

Hi KT

Things will improve. Don’t get in that spiral, have a good day and then take stock again. You are eating as an emotional response, you then eat more as you are annoyed with yourself. So start and try to set boundaries. You will get there.

Hi Hemmy

I’m not hungry, I did beat my sweet tooth for a while but it seems to have come back again now. Yes I’m still doing three fasts a week so I remain about stable….at least that is something.

Weather looking good for a few days, I just wish that cold wind would change.

Ginette

Dry chilly and bright here today for shopping day. Cant believe another weeks rolled by already. Easter soon.

Gine all we can do is to just keep plugging away at it as I am sure you well know now. Xx

KT hope today brings a happier day for you. take care Xx

We will need to be mindful the next week as we have Easter and its treats ahead of us. Lol

Everyone fasting today … wishing you well … all normal day enjoyers be mindful of old ways.

Brit Lovelies

Temptation is not to be feared , but controlled. Xx

Morning All,

Back home after a lovely two days away.

We wasn’t as mindful as we should have been but not too bad. Scales maybe up tomorrow but that’s how it is. It’s difficult living, doing different things, and keeping on track. As you say Hemmy …Easters around the corner with all that chocolate and visiting family it will be a bit stretching for us all.

We are fasting today ……so have a good day all the fasters.

X

Greetings from Anglesey. …

It’s a beautiful day here again. We have been really lucky with the weather.

Just a quick post to let you know I am ok and to say that today is a fast day ….think i have gained a pound or so. ….

Will be home week today….

Good luck to all my fast friends

Audrey

Hi Sym what a beautiful day its been. Quite warm for March.

so glad you had a lovely break … and of course the fish n chips. lol

Hope your fasting is going well today. .. FD for me tomorrow. Xx

Hi Aud .. lovely to hear you are enjoying the good weather. You have proved you can shift lbs in no times so just enjoy yourself with Ian. Xx

Gine how is your day going. Xx

Anyone else doing a Fast Day tomoz. Xx

hi, hemmy
    I am going to try for a fd tomorrow although I am feeling very weak minded at the moment and in need of food
    so we shall see

Hi KT

Oh I am so glad someone else will be joining me tomorrow. I haven’t planned what to have as yet. Depends on the weather I guess.

Good luck to us both then KT .. We can do it. I need a loss now as I have been messing around since Xmas. I do feel a bit tired at the moment though so that’s always dangerous. We shall see. xx

Evening Brits 🙂

Hope today has gone well for fasters and mindful for eaters 🙂 I’ve had a good one so hoping it pays off next week just prior to the challenge of Easter!!

Lynda..poor you! Hope your boiler is fixed now!

Jean..glad you had a good break. Such lovely weather for you and Audrey 🙂 🙂 🙂

KT..don’t lose heart. You’ve had such a tough time recently and eating is an emotional response. Just take care of yourself, keep checking in for support and try a fast or a semi when you feel strong enough x baby steps xx

Hemmy..loving this weather 🙂 bet Mr Pips is!! Good to see the ground drying and Spring flowers out..beautiful! Lovely w/e for you to look forward to with Kristy x

Ginette..hope all good with you x

Celtic Coffee Plainy Alex Milena..thinking of you and hoping all ok 🙂

Spence..welcome! Have a read of previous postings. There is so much info and support here to help you with this WOL. Hope it suits you as well as it does for many of us..good luck and positive vibes for your first FD next week 🙂

Happy Friday everyone 🙂 it’s almost the w/e..yay! 🙂 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Very chilly and dark here today.

Looking forward to a good FD today as my scales are looking better this last few days … even eating normally. .. I have just realised that I have upped my water intake during the day… Had been a bit lax. Think that with the Shloer is helping.

Maybe that has been the problem .. when I first started I was very aware of the fact I didn’t drink much and really made an effort for at least 6 lrg glasses a day.So quite excited again.

Kristy not coming till tomoz so should be an easy one today. Then being mindful. Sounds easy. Lolol

Karen hope your good work pays off for you and then a few nice Easter treats. Also wonderful weather ordered for dog walking. lol Xx

Gine .. Sym.. Aud.. Enjoy your day. Xx

Our boys … Plainy .. Alex .. how are you doing mates. Xx

CC.. Lynda.. Vet .. Coffee.. Dag..Dee and all. .. You ok. Xx

Right come on KT… you .. me and everyone we can do this… Have a good day.

Brit lovelies ..For the things we have to learn before doing…We learn by doing. Xx

Morning Brits,

A bit of a dark cloudy morning here today.

Weigh in this morning for us..hubby the same…me a pound off…I can’t believe the scales have moved for me…after two weeks the same and being very good and low on food the past two weeks….between fasts this week I ate….fish and chips in restaurant, latte and biscuits out, latte and toasted cheese sandwich out, two half pints beer in, two small bars of chocolate in…I never ever eat like this on the 2 in-between fast days….weekend maybe!

Hemmy and KT have a good FD today..

Audrey…good weather holding up for you till Easter…enjoy your rest..I love Anglesey, quite awhile since we have been used to borrow a friends cottage, he has now rented it out. Shame, not got our caravan that way yet.

Karen…Easter looming with treats…only 1 small egg each for us…

Lynda…is yours a Easter Wedding? We are going to a wedding evening do Easter Saturday so away again in caravan for 3 days to Gloucestershire. How’s the dress going? Boiler mended? Hope so.

Ginette ….you such a whiz kid on the computer everybody chasing you to help them. It must be very satisfying when you finish.

Plainy…enjoy your racing dat today hope you get some winnings.

Spence…welcome to the forum…hoping you have got your head around the 5.2..and have some results this week.

Have a good day and a good day to all the fasters.

Jean x

Morning guys and girls
    Thanks for all the input have had a dead if the links and they are very helpful so thanks for that too. I’m gearing up to starting on Monday but kind of had a fast day on Wednesday to see what it felt like and it went well but was about 200 cal over my allowed limit, do you all do it the same way or different? I.e all cal allowance at once or spread through the day?
    Think you are all doing great and really enjoying reading your stories x

Hi jean

Wedding 2nd April and the dress fits so pleased with that.

Heating still not working will be at least another week lots of home made soup on the go.
    Lynda x

Hi spence day 78

I spread mine out breakfast lunch dinner it suits me better having 3 meals a day

Good luck on what you decide what is best for you.
    Lynda x

Hi Spence,

We all do it a bit different and tweaked it to suit if it works for you.

We ( hubby and me) have breakfast and dinner…

Breakfast….I have 28gr porridge made with milk and water and a few berries, or one shreddied wheat with hot milk and berries on the side..hubby has 40 gr porridge and banana or 2 shreddied wheat or museli.

Dinner…100gr of any meat ( pork chop, chicken breast or cooked meat hot or cold) fish, tuna, prawns…we have it with a good size mixed salad..lettuce, onions, tomatoes, a few grapes, a bit of beetroot, maybe a dessert spoon of cold slaw, maybe a hard boiled egg depending what’s left of your allowance…if hot meat you could have hot veggies ..watch the gravy!

5 cups of tea

It’s lovely not to think of lunch the two days off… a lazy day!

We don’t do carbs on our FDs but some of the others do…..homemade soup is always good but hubby likes too much bread so we don’t have it…..that’s good to eat on a non FD too. My daughter swears it looses her weight!

Good luck
    Jean

Lynda,

You have done really well on the weight loss….glad the dress is fitting well you could even get another couple of pounds off in the fortnight to give more wriggle room. You will look fab.

Heating off will make your body work harder to keep you warm …maybe help too….lol

Keep on with the soup

Jean X

Wow Sym a lb gone today and never to be seen again. Aww so pleased for you .. I know how much you put into it. Well done. Xx

Hubby obviously right about the fish n chips. Lol Tell him I if he had spared me a couple he would have lost too. lol. xx

Spence .. its up to the individual how they use their fast cals. Think I have tried all ways. Lol Works for me having a milky coffee at 2pm … then using the 400 cals later … eggs work well they are filling I find. Drink lots of water though I do a slice of lemon in mine… good for the skin and flushes through. Good luck. xx

Well done with the dress Lynda. Xx

Doing well today … how’s it for you KT . Just had a bit of an upset two good friends splitting up … quite a shock this afternoon. Instantly thought a glass of wine … but thought carefully and made a cup of tea. Xx

hi hemmy
    indeed upsets seem to draw me to junk food instantly, so understand your feelings

today – so far – 2 big strawberries, 1 pear, and 2 oatcakes(biscuits)
    dinner will be 3 heck chicken sausages and carrot/beans/tomato/gravy
    have drunk lots today, and did put milk in my tea as my throat is still very dry from this cold
    currently watching the documentary put on this forum about over feeding thin people to see what happens
    sooooooooooo jealous when they are tucking into all that cake/chocolate
    yet I know it is rubbish for my body

Viewing 50 posts - 3,551 through 3,600 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.