Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,974 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 4 hours, 5 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,101 through 3,150 (of 35,461 total)

• Hi Karen

Posts must had crossed. Enjoy your holiday. I bought the lemons but didn’t make the pancakes. Maintaining is good. I do hear that the portion suEs are enormous there and the food cheap. Yes need to watch you don’t overindulge.

Ginette

Hi Ginette the casserole was a winner really tasty! I used the 98% pork ones from Sainsburys but will definitely try the chicken ones! They came in pack of ten so made five portions out of it, my fiancΓ© and I had a portion each for lunch with plenty of broccoli, she loved it as well! And have packed up the other 3 portions individually for the freezer! They worked out at 510 kcal per portion but that could be reduced dramatically by the choice of sausage! I’m into tasty wholesome food so any other great recipes like this please anyone share?!! Had about 950 kcal so far today so I’d better get eating!

Plainy,

Glad you like the sausage caserole it’s one of my favourites. ..

I sometime use tesco healthy living sausage they are really tasty and a lot less calories they work well in it…..

Will post my turkey chilli con carne recipe if you would like it… that too is very healthy and low calorie and filling

Audrey

Hi Ginette,
    The fast went really well. Stopped eating 8pm Sunday night and started Tuesday (today) at 1230pm.
    I do 16;8 everyday that I’m not fasting.
    I’m thinking of fasting again tomorrow but will see how I feel. (TOM isn’t a good time for me). Wish I could go with 500 calls but if I eat then I’m seriously eating lol. Kudos to you all for having better self disciplythan me!
    Anyone else fasting tomorrow?
    Victoria x

Thanks Audrey that would be great!

Ok here goes…. audrey’s slow cooker chilli

1.25 lb of lean minced beef or turkey mince
    2 stalks of celery diced
    1 onion diced
    1 pepper diced
    Sliced mushrooms
    1 jar passata
    1 tin kidney beans with juice
    1 tin mixed beans
    1 tin barlotti beans with juice
    1 tbs mild chilli powder
    Salt n pepper to taste
    Garlic, basil and oregano

Fry mince and put into slow cooker, mix in all other ingredients with juice from 2 tins of the beans, sprinkle with herbs
    Cook on low for 8 hrs…

Hope you like, if you don’t want hot chilli use half tbs chilli. ..

This makes loads and is suitable for freezing and great for fast days

Audrey

Afternoon lovely Brits,

Just having a cuppa after 24 hours travelling, we are a bit shattered. We had a lovely holiday more than we expected, a tick off the bucket wish list! The Taj Mahal was so emotional and the Red Fort and Palaces in Jaipur amazing.

Well away for two weeks and a big explosion of new friends…Welcome to our happy corner. I have been bobbing in and out depending on the Wi Fi connection…and have kept up with you all…good weight losses, lots of recipes swapped, loads of you doing lots of excerise. Must try the Shloer! and keep off the Merlot!

Hope you feeling better Hemmy and also enjoy the skiing holiday Karen.

I can’t comment on you all as its over the page….sorry…and have to get used to the newbies names..

We have decided to have this week off from fasting and get back to normal eating and off the alcohol! As I expected the food last week was very poor and we have eaten a lot of bread, cakes and lots of alcohol πŸ˜ƒ So we will be back doing our usual FD Monday next week then Thursday. Hoping to get the swimming started again.

Good luck to the Tuesday fasters hope it’s a good one

Glad to be back
    Jean X

Welcome back jean…. nice to have you back…

Audrey

Hi all

Audrey..that recipe sounds fab! Chilli is my abs favourite..if it’s on the menu I’m having it! Mouth watering just reading the recipe..yum!!

Jean..welcome back! Glad you had a fab holiday..a wonderful experience πŸ™‚
    Think you’re right re easing back into the 5:2. I find it hard the first week back after high days or holidays when routine has been completely different. Take it easy x

Hope everyone having a good day πŸ™‚

Karen
    Xx

Hey Karen

It’s a great chilli recipe and very very healthy, the beans and vegetables keep the calories low. ..

Try it ❀❀

Audrey many thanks for the recipe have taken a photo and will be trying that before the end of the week x

Hi friends.

Aud that chilli recipe sounds a winner. You will have to start AUDS COOKBOOK. Lol Sounds tasty will try it with minced beef.

Have a lovey holiday Karen.. you know you can soon get rid of any lbs when you get back with a few FDs. Xx

SYMMMMM so lovely to see you back. So glad you had a wonderful time.

Yes, just slowly ease yourselves back in to this way of life. ( such a relief to know it is always here for us).

A good sleep in your own bed tonight. Xx

Well done Vet … think I might try this 16 8 . Starting tomorrow. I gather that is a 8 hour window for eating. Xx

Plainy glad you enjoyed your casserole. I think eating tasty is the key. I would rather have less if it is something I enjoy. Xx

KT how are you doing today. Xx

Aud how is your FD going as you were doing something different. Xx

Wow what a merry band we are. Xx

Hi Hemmy
    It is indeed an 8 hr eating window.
    Watched a Moseley programme (trust me I’m a Dr on I player) and shows health benefits as well as weightloss.
    Try not to eat past seven x

Hi Vet

Thank you.

That will suit me just fine … just finished eating a lasagne and broccoli..

Now drinking my fake Merlot .. Shloer and sparkling water. Lol It is making a big difference leaving out the wine. Xx

Well that’s my first day of eating done only managed 1800kcal of which 155g was protein and 112g carbs, in all honesty not felt hungry all day is that normal??? Don’t think I could ever eat the 3000 TDEE recommended! Not fasting again till Friday actually can’t wait! (Must be a newbie thing) I also got 12,000 steps in today so pleased all round! I love coming on here and your advice and guidance is massively appreciated. Goodnight and good luck tomorrow whatever day your on.

Plainy congratulations. …1st day completed. ..

Hemmy Glad you are still off the wine well done.

I am having a hard fast day for some reason, so going to bed soon….tomorrow I can eat! How are my other fasters doing?

Night all

Audrey

Hello lovelies!

So glad to see you’re all doing well and love that chilli idea!

First fast day done today and got my Fitbit back on.

13,000 steps and a one hour boxfit class for exercise.

Food wise nothing from last night to this evening and I had quorn mince, egg penne, a bit of 50% less fat cheese and low fat bolognaise sauce coming in at 515 cals.

I think I did okay? Feeling pretty pleased I didn’t cave or let embarrassment turn me away from the class.

Feeling good! Just hope I can sleep tonight but with all the exercise I should be able to.

Morning All,

We was both up at 5.30 this morning, jet lag is so good! having my lovely bowl of cornflakes and raspberries how I miss them! Taking it slowly today, a small ham bun for lunch and jacket and pork chop tonight, plus beans for hubby. Just lovely and plain!

Hi Plainy ….day 1 completed…well done and 12000 steps that’s really good…I have a baby Fitbit somewhere must dust it off and start it off again…feet not good these days ..so it depends how they are for walking πŸ™

Audrey…sorry the FD was hard yesterday it’s funny how they are sometimes..other times a breeze…todays another day.

Darlin…13000 steps and an hour boxing…amazing well done..and with a good FD…I always think that if you can get a bit of excerise in on a FD it helps a lot. When we swim we always do better but we have to start this again. I think it puts you on a different mind set. Hoping to push Hubby next Monday.

Hemmy …hoping to get your ‘ Merlot’ today and sparkling water, lol, off to Aldi first then have to divert to Tesco!

Hi to everybody as I have to see what you are up to……and have a good FD or NFD all.

All for now
    Jean X

Morning all,
    Today I can eat yeah! I didn’t give in yesterday but came very close. … the fridge was calling my name!

Hope everyone is ok, A good exercise day for me today then weigh in tomorrow. … fingers crossed.

Have a great day everybody, keep in touch, because it’s proved that together we are stronger. …

Audrey

Good morning!

Well done on yesterday Audrey! Weigh in will be a breeze x

Fast 2 today. Wondering what to expect as I woke up feeling drained (TOM curse) and thought about deferring it. But hey, who knows? It might be great…

Good luck to all fasting today.

Victoria

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Just lost another post again.

Strange light here today … hope that doesn’t mean snow. lol

I have just realised I was going to do 16 8 today but had breakie at 8am. Think 4pm would be a bit early for my last eat. Maybe do 18 8 today.

Hi Sym lovely to see you back you have been missed. Yes. since stopping wine it is a lot easier. Having this flue thing I have hardly fasted .. eaten well and still lost. Don’t forget to add lots of sparkling water to the drink. Xx

Darlin well done .. you are doing so well. Stay with us. Xx

Vet .. stick by us .. We can do this all together. Xx

Aud .. don’t forget to be mindful today. Have a good exercise day. Another easy day for me after my walk. Still resting up with a good book. Xx

Hope everyone else is OK … Milena … CC .. KT.. Shaz and anyone else Try to pop in we miss you. Xx

Brit lovelies .. Be gentle with ourselves … We are doing the best we can. Count our blessings… smell the roses. Just let go … just be us. Xx

Hi everyone

Well done Audrey for being so strong.

Well…. done over my 10,000 steps 4.5 mile power walk done.
    FD for me today nearly hit the party rings last night but put a apple in my mouth instead that done the trick. Bit gutted that Tesco has stop doing rich tea fingers they were only 23cals each so party rings is the next biscuit I could find that is under 30 cals apart from carrs cheese melts that’s 21 cals each.
    Anyone else can find a biscuit that’s low in cals.

Have a good day everyone.
    Lynda X

Hi Hemmy. Thanks for the support again! After 2 and not a hunger pang in site, cramps are taking priority lol.
    Hope everyone else fasting today has their chin up and is riding the waves.
    Victoria

Hello keeptrying,
    You are making it too hard on yourself. Don’t eat anything you don’t like! That is just punishment, and you won’t be able to keep it up. On fast days just eat 500cal’s worth of stuff you DO like, and drink a lot of tea without sugar. On the other days eat what you like. Don’t feel downhearted.

I agree with Apricot. Dr Jason Hung’s lectures on insulin, fasting and obesity are extremely interesting, and also more detailed than Michael Mosley’s.
    Go to the site: intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-regimens-part6/

Hemmy are you joining me with a drink tonight? I’ll buy the first. Lol
    Xx

Lol Sym

Of course … I will drink to that.

What flavour did you get… I bought mainly the red grape one … plus 2 bottles of the raspberry. Lidl used to do them at a Β£1 a bottle. Β£2.20 at my local shop. I still have about 6 bottles left … If anyone sees them on offer please tell.

It was on offer at Tesco for 2 for Β£2 …. buy my sparkling water … 6 for

Β£1.09 Aldi.

How is the Jet lag this afternoon. A real change in the weather for you both. Be careful lots of bugs around with this damp Xx

4 hours until bedtime and another full fast will be done. Feeling very pleased with myself as it was one of the worst days for me to attempt it.

Can I ask everyone how often they are full day fasting? I’ve noticed a few ‘up day down day’ comments. Does this mean you are fasting every other day? Has this affected your health (not weight) in a positive way?

I love playing with IF. Different days, different hours. So intriguing that what works for one works totally differently for others.

I know some 5:2 zealots believe it’s the only way,but not me. If it works for you and you’re seeing benefits then go for it!

Hi Vet

Well done on your FD today..

I think we are a mixed bunch here that’s why we work so well . Lol

Think we all feel like you what works for each… is the way to go.

I do just 2 FDs per week .. Monday and Fri normally … weigh Tues.

Think Gine does 4/3 … Aud and Milena do back to backs and all Liquids.

Its all very exciting really .. that’s what keeps us here I guess. Exchanging views.

Think its all on going trial and error as I see it. If we are not losing by 5-2 we try something else.

Personally I am in no hurry… working on enjoying my food/day even if it takes longer. As I have said before … I really need to enjoy my food at whatever stage or I would get bored.

Also think its good to sometimes just take a holiday from it … because then you really go back to basics and realise just what a wonderful way of life we have found. Lolol All just my opinion of course. Xx

Hemmy,
    I love your replies! Common sense and friendly and absolutely no sermons! You’re my type of gal lol
    I’m loving all the diversity in this group too!

Hi vet

I have for the 1st time done alternate days this week, more by luck than anything else, it’s not been too bad but I am really hungry again today…

Back to 2 fasts next week cos I am off to my mum s, we are out on Monday, Tues and wed….. hehe lol πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Audrey

Evening everyone it’s my first look today been running around after kids etc, could not exercise today due to the rain can’t walk in the rain As I have a huge cast on my arm and can’t get it wet! Finished the day on 1700 kcal with 48% protein which I’m pleased with, as yet I can honestly say I have not felt hungry and I’m enjoying the challenges and keeping away from the desperate way I have been eating since last September. Had some boneless and skinless chicken thighs for dinner tonight which I had marinated in own jerk sauce recipe and made a pineapple salsa and had some salad with it! It was really nice, it’s reminding me this lifestyle how much I love cooking! Also made Audrey’s chilli with some extra lean mince and portioned up into containers worked out to 340 kcal per portion, trying to get ahead of the game!
    It’s our sons birthday tomorrow so we off out for lunch and there will be goodies around so it’s my first real test of being in a uncomfortable food environment, but feel strong so should be ok ( fingers crossed).

I love reading what you are up to and how your days have gone, you are all inspirations to me, just the fact you are on here shows you want to be successful at making this a way of life, and through our ups and downs, if your still logging in you want it to work!

Wish you all good luck tomorrow whether fasting or eating!

Thank you Vet. Xx

Hi Aud .. could be all that exercise is making you hungry. Plus this weather doesn’t help . Xx

Plainy .. you are doing brilliantly .. well done. Just enjoy tomorrow .. a special day. So very precious.

Have what you fancy as you can adjust the rest of the day… or tomorrow.

That’s the beauty of this way of life. We control it.

Have a lovely day with your boy . 5-2 will look after you. Xx

Hemmy…….I just got the red grape, I picked them all up so many different berries and the light. I decided as you like Merlot like I do…I went for the straight red and of course the water. Β£2 from Tesco I think before my holiday it was 2 for Β£2 but didn’t have time to go….I forgot I bought it..it’s in the fridge waiting for me πŸ˜€πŸ·

The jet lag is a nightmare..they say going through one hour of every time zone….it takes one day for you to get back to normal. So 5 1/2 hours is 5 1/2 days. We were in bed for 7.30 last night. Still going strong at 8.15 but starting to get tired…have to push on a bit longer.

Victoria……Well done on your FD..it all gets easier

Jean x

Hello people! I was told about this forum while on another site (Sparkpeople) where I normally do my loggin’ and bloggin’ which is a great, free site, but very American orientated, so it is nice to find an active UK group too!
    My actual name is Val, but Oddlass suites me better! I have been on the 5:2 for almost a year. I have lost 5st since mid January last year, and have, just over, a further 2st to go… according to the BMI charts I was over 15st last Christmas but didn’t dare get weighed until I lost a bit, so not sure how high it was, and I am hovering at the 10st mark now … on a good day that is 9st 13lb. As I am only 4ft 10ins tall, that is still quite heavy. But I am certainly getting there this time after many years of trying!

I do a lot of experimenting with information from the various ‘diets’ out there, then keep the bits that work for me, but always with the 5:2 days alongside them. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Oddlass, you made it! Glad you looked us up !
    Victoria x

Hi All

I have been a bit quiet as on the ways to take my car to the garage to get a long term problem sorted (hopefully) the car felt strange to drive. I had put a it in the tyres yesterday but had a completely flat tyre. I called my son as he was meant to be meeting me at the garage to give me a lift home. Now one new tyre later and car delivered I am at last home. We had another little detour via Pam which is why I am so late here.

I took my soup with me and had salad a slice of ham and a boiled egg there, so all good!!

Hi Plainy

I shall certainly be trying that casserole and Audreys chilli when I have room to freeze some down.

A lot of us look forward to fast days. I’m am glad your day of eating went well and you were full. It is surprising how much we can eat when we cut the rubbish out. I do (as you know) eat the wrong foods and go though phases, sometimes in control sometimes out of control. The only days where I am totally in control is the fast days.

Hi Victoria

As you see by my comment above, I am not always in control, that would be a little boring after all, I like the freedom of this way of life and that we can even get to enjoy our food and not feel as if we are on a diet.

I am not sure what you mean by full day fasting, not 16/8 I presume. I tend to fast 16/8 as I would rather eat later. My normal time to eat is mis evening, but I also don’t eat as a rule until about 2.30. Of course I have days outside of this as well. I probably do 16/8 half the week.

Yes Hemmy Is always there with a smile and a word of encouragement and of course down to earth common sense.

Hi Audrey

Well done in staying strong. It is like anything else if we can’t have it we are more likely to want it.

Thanks for the recipe, I shall be trying the sausage casserole one first. I read about a recipe somewhere for carrot fudge, no sugar used. This was a wartime one. The trouble is if I had that in the house I couldn’t stop at a little so I choose not to bake sweet things at all……… Much safer……

Hi Jean

Welcome back, yes lots of newcomers to the forum a starburst of new members to join us. Such a nice forum!! I hope you soon recover from your travel and that you have lots of memories to look back on. Holidays should be all about enjoyment and making memories so when the weather is cold or we are feeling down we can take them out of the drawer and look at them.

Let your body tell you when you need sleep and it will right itself soon. Have an afternoon nap if you need it.
    I have such bad nights sometime I have been known to fall asleep in the chair.

Hi Darlin

A good day then, sometimes it can seem like a difficult day but stay strong on these days and know that tomorrow you can eat. Strangely when tomorrow comes it often doesn’t seem that we rush to the fridge as the moment has passed.

You never need to feel embarrassed here, you are amongst friends.

Hi Hemmy

I agree we must enjoy our food to maintain, we also don’t need to lose at a breakneck speed after the first good targets have been met. It is nice to meander and take a little longer than start to feel deprived.

Looks like you have a drinking buddy. You may even get me hooked!!

Hi Lynda

Wow that is some walking. Wears me out thinking about it. You put me to shame….

Hi Vero

Yes they do talk about his research a lot on the diabetic threads. I think that Dr Mosley is more watchable for me though. I feel he is a familiar face. Not that I have ever met him of course.

Hi Val

Welcome to the forum. Yes there is always someone to chat to here.

You have done brilliantly and show that it is possible for people to lose a lot and stick to a way of eating. This will help people who think that they have a lot to lose know that it really DOES work.

I had trouble sticking to anything dieting for me was too severe and I have tried lost of them. This I don’t cossider a diet but a way of life. I imagine I shall always be doing it even if I fast one day a week when I have lost the excess weight I have to go. This is a long tine off as I have nearly four and half stone to go, I have lost about this amount as well. I am happy to lose slowly now.

KT

How are you doing? If you are having a difficult time still keep reading as it will keep you strong.

We seem to be missing a lot of people lately……

I hope I haven’t missed anybody. Such a lot of posts to catch up on.

See you all later today (as it is past midnight).

Ginette

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

It looks a brighter day here … hope so as its shopping day with Mum. Will be strange just thinking of food for me this week.

Welcome Oddlass.

Wow what a fantastic amount you have already lost. You will soon fit in here .. I am sure there are lots of tips we can all exchange. Everyone in different stages so there’s always something new to learn. Hope you enjoy it here there are lots of lovely people to speak with. Xx

Hi Gine

Oh what a nuisance with the car. Glad you got it sorted … even did your FD how brilliant is that. Lots would have turned to a jam doughnut. Lol

Think I will do another FD tomorrow.. Still have the remains of this cold thing and don’t want it going to the chest. Have agood day Gine. Xx

Hope everyone else is ok…. We are missing some of our friends. Xx

Brit lovelies We have been criticizing ourselves for years… AND it hasn’t worked.

Lets all try approving of ourselves and just see what happens. Xx

Hi Victoria! I made it to the forum …. as you can see.
    Good morning all! Sun shining here in Yorkshire, steam pouring of the wet fence out the back window … but bet it is still freezing out there!ha ha.

Not a fast day today for me. I did 16:8 yesterday but find it hard to fit it in with my working times most days. My next fast day will be tomorrow. 500 cals limit as recommended, works for me. Do many of you on here do zero eating fasts? There are so many ways you can do IF! I need to catch up on this groups experiences.
    I will check in again after work tonight. Have a good day! x

Good morning all.
    It’s a lovely morning here in Wales. Cold and frosty but lovely sunshine. Doesn’t the weather make so much difference to your mood? I’m fasting today, going to be really busy with grandson to look after and mum to take to a hospital appointment. Just about to take the dogs for a stroll now. Not any exercise involved as one dog too old and stiff to walk far, but planning a proper walk this afternoon if the weather stays fine. I will be so glad to see the spring. It is lovely to get out and about more. Last year I was doing lots of long walks and bought a bike so had lovely outings with my daughter and sometimes hubby on the weekends. Even if to be honest it was the pub lunch at the end that I looked forward to and enjoyed the most! Roll on spring and we can start to go again.
    Good luck to anyone else fasting today, and if not enjoy your eating day carefully!

Hi lovely Brits,

Very sunny here in Yorkshire but have ice and frost on the ground. Roll on Spring when we can get out and about also in the garden. I don’t feel like walking out at all …maybe I should get a dog!

Hubby naughty he put two bars of our favourite Aldi chocolate in the trolley ….he’s not fasting till Monday so he will make the most of it! …he said…we only had two pieces each! I don’t like starting to eat it as I can’t stop its like an addiction with me…I would rather not have any then it’s easier.

I have decided to keep the Shloer unopened at moment until I get settled in again…but it’s waiting.

All for now ….a pile of ironing to do ☹️ Then more washing all fun!

Have a good eating day or FD everybody
    Jean x

Morning all

Have weighed in 2,5lb loss. ..that’s the 1lb I gained back last week plus another 1,5 yeah. .,,

Very happy Audrey

Have a good day all

Audrey

Awesome progress from everyone. I’ve got to stay away from Shloer and things myself. Fizzy drinks are my weakness but I’m sticking to Pepsi Max and Diet Coke.

Second fast day today and it’s going to be a lazy one steps-wise… At least until I get to the gym later.

What day do people weigh themselves – before a fast? After? In the middle of the two or? I fast Tuesdat and Thursday at 600cals (this is a max it’s actually been 520) and the rest of the week at 1200 with exceptions for meals out etc but never over my TDEE.

Welcome to the new folks! I’m just getting into this so my updates are not very interesting but happy to chat to others trying 5:2!

Audrey…well done 2 1/2 off pounds off no wonder your happy……do you weigh in different days?

Darlin…we do a Monday and Thursday fast with a weigh in Friday straight out of bed. We are very tight with Tuesday and Wednesday eating day with normal food but small portions with no naughties. Then on a Friday and weekend we eat a bit more with a few treats, alcohol, usual Sunday dinner Yorkshire pud…if we are eating fish and chips it would be Friday treat.

Jean X

Morning all πŸ™‚

Audrey..well done you!! A fantastic loss..all your hard work and will power has paid off!

Hemmy..enjoy the day with your mum x

Oddlass..welcome! Hope you enjoy this forum and find great support on here πŸ™‚

Darlin..I weigh twice a week after FDs. My FDs are usually Mon & Thurs so weigh Tues & Fri. I take the Fri figure as my weekly number. Weirdly the Tues figure is usually lower..???!! This is after weekends of not being particularly strict…what does that tell us ?!!! Maybe the body is more efficient at dealing with the ‘in transit’ food at that stage of the week? Ginette..maybe you have a theory?

FD for me today and work this aft so busy busy !

Have a good day all x stay strong and focused πŸ™‚

Karen
    Xx

Hi jean

I weigh in every 8 days. As I fast 5 3 or 6 2 to fit in with Ians work pattern. …

Audrey

Hi all, welcome all the new peeps. ,
    Been rathervquiet as been sleeping lots. Lost Stu for nearly two hours in Sheringham last week. Ended up resorting to calling the police. Nice chap from Boots went off to seach for him and found him (oh the joys of brain injury and not being able to track time) . Weve ended up buying a wearable gps tracker called a pebbell2. It was cheap but it has the advantage of a roaming sim so will rarely be with out signal. Also has two way communication so the wearer can speak to main contact mobile number. Easy to operate with only two buttons.
    Fast day for us yesterday made a fantastic 14 veg minestrone with quorn. Diguised the tomato pasata with spinach powder and beetroot powder ( changed the colour and the removed the obvious tomato flavour).NFD for us so off for a quick visit to Dad. Hope every one is well. Expejnsive couple of weeks here we both needed new varifocals, the gps tracker , dog MOT and a nasty suprise from Housing Trust… massive screw up on their part resulted in a Β£190 rent bill from 11 months ago from one of the old addresses…. via a debt collector. Why its taken them a year when weve been asking heaven only knows. Hope every one is ok. Lots of posts to catch up on .

Hi Audrey

Yes well done a brilliant loss. I am standing still weight wise at the moment. I have had a better week with food though so here is hoping. I usually weigh myself Saturday or Sunday.

Hi Hemmy

Weather is lovely here, sun is shining Ian’s indoors it is 19.4 without heating, mostly due to the sun streaming in through the windows. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it get a bit higher as well.

Hi Val

I don’t do food free fasts as I like to have something to look forward to. Glad you are settling in with us.

Hi Darlin

Yes I know fizzy drinks can cause lots of problems. It’s one thing I was lucky to have only on special occasions so I never got hooked on them. I don’t like coke but if I have any it would have been diet lilt, and this only on a long, hot car journey. I do however know people who have lost a lot of weight by cutting out fizzy drinks. So there is much to gain.

I even drink orange squash in a pub, what a cheap date πŸ™‚ if I am having a meal I ask for a pint of tap water, even cheaper!!

Hi Karen

Yes it seems the more we eat the more we go, logical. I think that the body just stores it up if it doesn’t see as much food coming in. This is only my thinking of course.

I very often have to take a laxative at the end of the week as since 5:2 I get a bit constipated. I have got some really efficient cheap ones from unmarked chemists, Β£1.50 for 28. Just in case you newbies start to have problems. It’s not something that we normally talk about. I also eat a lot of vegetables. On a fast day I will have about 800 grams of vegetable soup and an egg and a piece of wholemeal or granary bread.

Hi Celtic

Nice to see you. What a nasty shock to have debt collectors call and especially as you had been asking!!

I am just making a vegetable soup with Aldis fresh vegetable soup mix, first time I have used this and at 65p for 600 grams a bargain. That will make about 2 pints of soup about three fast days worth for me. It has leeks, parsnips, carrots and potato in.

I’ve a friend coming in a minute so I’ll be back later.

Ginette

Hi Audrey
    That is fabulous loss……fantastic xx

Off to Cardiff for granddaughter birthday party all organized food wise staying in hotel will take lunch for Saturday and just steak and salad for tea.

See you later Lynda xx

Hi Friends.

Well what a beautiful day …bright blue Sky with loads of sunshine. Makes you feel so glad to be alive.

I think I should take Auds step thingy with my shopping trip with Mum. Up and down the town … in and out of every supermarket and charity shop. No mean feat after taking Mr Pips for 1 1/2 before hand. Lolol. ( Why do I need 5-2 I ask my self. ( Probably cos you drank so much wine and stuffed so much sweet stuff pre 5-2 I reply) Lol

AUD Fantastic loss of 2.5lbs well done you. Very well deserved may I say too. Keep this up and you will soon be at goal weight. Xx

Hi OD I couldn’t do zero cal fasts … I would soon get bored and probably look for another diet. Lol

Good to experiment though … and listen to other friends it keeps us on our toes. Hope your having a good day Xx

SYM Lol your hubby does make me laugh. Bless him .. made sure he got his choc fix in the trolley.

Hope you are feeling more rested today. When I did long haul always felt like I needed a holiday after to get over the holiday. Lol You will feel great in a few days though an dwell worth it all. Xx

Hi Darlin I do Mon and Fri fasts… weigh in on a Tues. I try to do a FD before the week-end and after .. Of course some start their week-end Fri evening. Lol Glad your doing well. Xx

KAREN A lovely day for dog walking … have a good afternoon at work… and a wonderful holiday .. we will miss you. XX

CC Oh so pleased to hear from you. What a worry you have had one way an another. It never rains but it pours as they say.

Your cooking sounds wonderful always different and a lot of thought and effort going into it. Puts me to shame.

I do hope things will go smoother for you both now… its your turn for a peaceful time. Xx

Lyn enjoy the party and hotel .. hope the weather is kind for you too. Xx

Hi Gine … yes, lovely that sunshine makes you feel so much better. I have come back from shopping counting my blessings. Had been feeling a bit down this week missing Andrew … Valentines and all.

Met an old school friend who has just lost her husband to a massive heart attack… Had just two days before had a plate fitted in her head because of an injury and has lost hearing completely in one ear.

On top of all that she will never be able to drive again and lives in a village. She is still in awful shock.

As I say .. I felt very ashamed feeling sorry for myself… am counting my blessings.

Hope you have had a good day today … Take care Gine. Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 3,101 through 3,150 (of 35,461 total)

You must be logged in to reply.