Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,925 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,051 through 3,100 (of 35,412 total)

• Hi KT

Well done on your loss, small though it may be its taken you under a target and you are still on the way down. If you had stopped this way of life maybe you would have been back on the way up again.

Nice recipe above, I bought some parsnips lat week to make a spicy parsnip soup which you wouldn’t enjoy at all.

Hi Dee

That sugar film (sorry I can’t remember the authors name) has a quick trailer online and it may be worth a quick look. His book is available on Amazon Kindle for £7 +

For anyone who is interested I was chatting to my neighbour about rationing from a question in a quiz show. He can remember it and has seen ration books. I have seen one in a museum.

Here is a link to some wartime potato recipes

http://www.kingscollections.org/exhibitions/archives/food/ww2/pete#Gallery%5Bgallery1%5D/0/

Hi Audrey and Apricot

The phones just rang so back later.

Ginette

Thanks very much dee I haven’t got the book would be good to try new recipes…

Audrey

both my parents were children during the war, and both evacuated from London

I figure that is why they are still able to have ‘just 2 squares of chocolate’!!

actually even my hub had a ration book – and he was born in ’56
    but some things were still on ration then, I believe
    (before my time :))

Wow everyone I thoroughly enjoyed that catch up, some great advice, some great recipes, who needs the Sunday Papers! Well my journey begins tomorrow! These are my intentions!
    Post my weight ( I intend to be a open book)
    Drink water
    Eat one meal on Fast Days at between 5-6 pm
    Try and eat clean on eating days stick to 2,200 kcal although my TDEE will be around 3000
    When my demons ( sugar and particular chocolate) show there ugly head speak to you all as I know you’ve dealt with it or other demons before!
    Lose weight for my wedding in October
    And most importantly change my way of life I cannot live a long life constantly binging and eating huge amounts of sweet stuff the way I do! Something has got yo give!
    Enjoy what’s left of weekend and I’ll speak to you all tomorrow!

Hello fellow Brits!

I hope you don’t mind me jumping on the bandwagon- could really do with some team motivation as it were. I’ve done my research and after a couple of weeks of 1200 calories a day to get me in the right mindset I’m ready to go 5:2. 4-5 stone to lose and ready to go for it- hoping to see a difference in time for my holiday in July.

Loving reading your stories and updates so hope you don’t mind me joining in :).

Thanks,
    Jay

Plainy good luck for tomorrow will be thinking about you. If you start to struggle give us a shout.

Jay, hello and welcome to the brits… get a cuppa and sit down you are in the right place for support.

I have done ok with my fast I made a big bowl of fresh fruit salad so have had a dish full of that. … yummy

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

My usual FD would be Monday and Thursday but it’s Tuesday and Thursday this week as my twins are 24 tomorrow and they are coming for tea. Gone are the days of chocolate cake and candles thank goodness ! Have a great week all xx

2nd post don’t no what happen to the first one !

Welcome to a newbies

Had a good week weigh in tomorrow good luck to all that’s fasting for the first time tomorrow.

Lynda x

Hello
    Lovely to see the thread growing. I check in often but don’t post as often as I should. One year in and 3 stone down, as motivated as I was a year ago which has never happened with dieting before.
    To those who are new, hello and welcome this is a fabulous way to lose weight. And the forum is the best support ever, check in to ask for help or even just to read to top up your motivation.
    We can do it.

Good evening all. Good to luck to all those fasting tomorrow. I will be joining you. Have had too much to eat this weekend. Started with a glass of wine then another and soon had to eat all the rubbish that goes with it! Then repeated the saga again tonight. Oh! why oh why do we sabotage a good week in the space of a few minutes? It’s as though I have a self destruct button!
    Hopefully a good day tomorrow will help to compensate.

KT
    Well done on losing, it’s so good to get to a goal. Onwards and downwards. I know what you mean with the recipes not suiting your tastes. I hate cooked tomatoes and so many recipes have tomatoes as the base.

Hi all

I have had a good fast day struggled a bit once I had eaten but avoided the binge….

Shaziii ru still with us? Keep in touch .
    Milena hope you are ok. Post again soon my friend…

Good luck to You all fasting tomorrow I am doing my next fast on Tuesday. Then hopefully on Thursday weigh in a loss this week…

Night all

Audrey

thank you for all the support and encouragement, it means so much

hope all goes well for those fasting tmro and I hope to get through my next fd on Tuesday

xx

Hi All

Can’t sleep so I thought I’d catch up on posts.

Hi Audrey

I love reading recipe books even if I don’t make them.

Hi KT

Aren’t your parents lucky to stop at 2 squares!! Yes maybe from the war, they were fit and healthy due to the good diet, plenty of vegetables. You are doing well, a few wobbles at the start is understandable.

Hi Plainy

good luck with your first day. You are best to try and stick to the same time of evening meal as normal if you can. I have mine late so fast day it is also late. We all tend to be open books I think. It does seem to help.

Hi Jay

No you jump on and join us. You will soon get to know us. Set achievable targets maybe half a stone and then you will pass these more quickly. We always happy to help motivate.

Hi Dee

That is the beauty of this you can move the days around to suit you. Enjoy your day.

Hi Summer

Yes a brilliant loss in a yes and I agree a nice way to lose weight. Nice to see you again.

Hi Dag

Yes I have been overeating a bit and I’m always pleased to get to a fast day.

I’m hoping to fall asleep in the chair. I have the electricity people coming to fit a smart meter between 12 and 4 so let’s hope I get a few hours before then.

See you all later.

Ginette

Morning fast friends

Had a great week not only lost 2.7lb but have drop into the next stone markwell pleased with that……..the only thing I changed this week was my TDEE as I thought it was a bit high…… THAT ZIP WILL GO UP SIX WEEKS TO GO FOR THE WEDDING!

Fast day for me off out for a power walk got to get them 10,000 steps in.

Lost a stone now in 7 weeks Myfitness pal tells me I’m on track.

Have a great day Lynda x

Morning all,

Lynda well done on your loss, you are inspiring to us all….

Ginette hope you manage some sleep. …

I have been on scales it’s looking good for Thursday, fingers crossed. …

Have a good day all, fast or non fast. ….

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Seems strange posting this late … its my first day back to living on my own sleep pattern again… Sad will miss Kristy but also excited that my time and schedule will be just mine and Mr Pips.

YaY yay well done KT and Lyn on your loses.

Good on you KT sticking it out this week when I know it hasn’t been easy at times. Xx

Lyn so excited for you about that zipper getting nearer. You are such an inspiration to us all. Thank you. Xx

Welcome to all our new friends… lovely to see you and we will all help each other along our journey Xx

Will catch up with you all laters Xx

So OFFFFF we all go on a FD today ( my first one for 2 weeks with this flue bug) Are you all sorted… lots and lots of WATER … good with LEMON slices HOT or COLD. The darling little lifesaver OXO … A hot cup of oxo is lovely and tasty to have on hand especially at danger times.

It is only today … tomorrow you can have that treat if you still desire.

Things get better as time goes by less cravings … If things astray just regroup your thoughts … don’t beat yourself up and continue from there.

IT GETS EASIER BY THE FD>

Brit lovelies … Bring it on… Lets go … Lets do this. In our Auds words…

Together we are stronger. XX

Guys,

I’m am such a silly Billy only been putting in the wrong weight when I converted stones into pounds for my fast diet tracker no wonder my TDEE was high now I’ve taken the 1.7 stone off I’ve got a much better TDEE.
    10,000 steps done with a 4 mile power walk.

Happy days Lynda x

It’s here! First day today and a fast day! Weighed this morning was 19st 10lbs!! First fast day began with a litre of water and a 2.5 mile walk! Plan not to eat till 5-6 pm but we will see! Good luck to everyone whether fasting or eating! Let’s do this!!!

Double post

Good luck on your first FD Plainy

Yay yay … we can all do this together. Brilliant. Xx

Plainy, good luck on your first fast day, like hemmy says an oxo is always useful ….especially if you get a headache. …

Hemmy, don’t be lonely, we are always here for you, you are not alone. …

Lynda, I work off my target TDEE always have done I figured I need to get used to eating them calories,,,,

Just done an hr on treadmill, almost at 10,000 steps, now what do I do with rest of day?

Audrey

need to do something, not a fd but will certainly turn into a binge day if not very very careful
    but currently frozen to the spot with my stupid depression/mh
    need to go out somewhere but cannot even work out where
    head seems to have emptied

hate it when it gets like this as cant seem to move and that will use up zero calories!!

Weigh in this morning ready to start 5:2 this week. Lost 5lbs in three weeks at 1200 calories a day and looking forward to seeing how I get on with this. First fast day tomorrow and so ready- nervous about being at work surrounded by treats but will power through. Hats off to you ladies fasting today!

Hi friend’s how is it going for you today.

Had my milk coffee at 2pm… been keeping busy .. no probs with hunger as yet.

Having my usual … bacon and egg sandwich.. and satsuma at 6pm. Yay.

When I weighed this morning I was a lb over so hopefully take that off today with no gain or loss this week. I will be happy with that.

Maybe do a FD Wed and Fri plus another one next Monday before weigh in.

Hows it going KT … everything OK. I had it in my mind you were fasting today. Xx

Darlin91 Well done on that 5lbs loss brilliant. You can do this you have already proved your determination these last 3 weeks on the 1200 cals.
    Honestly it will go so quickly and gets easier by the week. Good luck tomorrow. Xx

CC and Stu hope all is okay with you two. Xx

Karen hope you are doing ok . Xx

Sym and hubby will be getting ready to board tomorrow. With lots of wonderful sights and smells of India in their minds forever. Safe trip home for them. Xx

My goodness, Ginette has everything so planned out! I could never get to that sort of discipline although I like the things she eats, the chicken & veg, and the rhubarb etc. Food is what I think about when I am hungry and have to cook for my husband who is underweight for medical reasons. Once I start eating though I find it difficult to feel full up and stop. I’m going to try one meal a day, to try and force the hunger down. Good luck to all the nice people in this group.

Hi Vero

Yes, isn’t our Gine so absolutely fab . We are so lucky to have her here with us. ( Her posts were the reason I plucked up courage to join and 17lbs down have never looked back. )

It would be worthwhile talking to our Aud about the difficulty in stopping eating once you get started. I think she has fought this all the time successfully.

This is why I so love this thread and way of life. We are not alone with our problems as we thought. One of us has been there before.

It must be very hard though when trying to reduce yourself .. having to build someone else up. You are up against it but have come to the right place. We are here to support you as we have been supported by others.

Stay with us Vero. Xx

Hello to all. I feel like a fraud being on this 5:2 site when I’ve being doing 16:8 (similar thought process). I’ve lost 17 lbs since January and finally feel like I have a handle on my hunger. I now seldom think of food (before I felt as if it was all consuming) unless I am genuinely hungry.
    Anyway, today has been my first full fast in a very long time. It’s been much easier than past experiences. I’ve three hours until I can go to bed and claim a success.
    Just checking in because I can feel hunger biting and could do with a morale boost!

Hi vet well done on your successful fast. … don’t give in now, have an early night, go for a bath, start cleaning just do something to take your mind off food…. you can do this. …

Hi Vero I too struggle to stop once I start to eat, so I eat as late as possible and then do whatever I can to rake my mind off see above comments to vet…. if you need support on fast days give me a shout….

Audrey

Audrey, you’re a sweetie! Thanks so much for your encouragement. Just letting one person know that I’m fasting somehow makes me feel more accountable. x

Vet,

That’s the good thing about our little corner you are NEVER alone…. if you feel you are slipping don’t despair or dissappear just shout out there is always someone about….

Keep up the fast you are doing soo well, and tomorrow you can eat what you fancy today. ….

Audrey

thanks for asking hemmy
    feel really rubbish
    it took the whole morning to get head in a place where I could even go out for a walk
    very tired, very low and got to try to do a fd tomorrow

my fd’s are Tuesday and Friday as I am usually out then which is better for me

keeptrying, i too suffer from depression. just summoning up the energy to get up and write on this site means youve achieved something today! One day at a time and youll get there! x

Oh how I do love you Kt and Vet. Xx

Don’t you realize how absolutely brilliant you are. You are addressing your lifelong probs. Facing up to them… that is what we are all doing if we are lucky enough to be able to express all our fears to other like minded people… we are so blessed.

Some are never able to do and it must be soo hard.

Just remember we are all in this together. If we were perfect any of us … we wouldn’t be here. Lol

BUT the great part is so many people here have proved it works and are here to tell their story. You can and are both doing this. Xx

Really now ready for my bacon and egg sarni Well Hey it works for me… on a FD day. LOl Xx

Hugs to you Hemmy. Thank you for your kind words. Ive just cooked egg, chips and tomatoes with the obligatry white bread and butter for my kids. If I can resist that i can resist anything lol.
    Enjoy your egg and bacon!!!

Had afternoon tea with my birthday girl so quite looking forward to my FD tomorrow. Must say your body gets use to a reduced sugar intake x

Hi Dee and KT

I am fasting tomorrow too so we can all do it together. Safety in numbers hopefully.

Hope all you fasters today are doing ok. Nearly over now….

I have already decided my menu for tomorrow so I am ready to go. Hoping for a good loss in Thursday. ..

Audrey

oh hemmy bless you

am really in such a bad place right now but still trying so hard to control the food at least a bit

going to drag this vile body out for another walk as the walls are closing in, so long as can avoid buying anything from the coop on the way!!

Evening all, well that day one pretty much over and done with, I have survived the first fast day! I had one big chicken salad at 17-30 resulting in 550 kcal, and about 70g in protein have drunk loads of water and in all honesty I’m ready for bed, I’m pretty tired! Good luck to everyone tomorrow whether fasting or eating! And thank you all for your continued support.

I’m all set to FD tomorrow. I’m sooo busy in work which helps. I like black coffee and the odd fruit tea too. Topped up with water I think this takes the edge of any tummy growls. Fish and edge for tea and maybe a yogurt with strawberries. Plus another large glass of water. I will be up half the night in the bathroom ! Lol

Well done Plainy first FD bites the dust.

You will be so pleased with the in control feeling tomorrow. Just be careful to be mindful on your normal day.

We can all do this. Xx

KT … Dee … Aud and anyone else have a good FD tomoz.

Mindful everyone else. Xx

Hope Milena is Ok. Xx

Instead of losing posts they seem to duplicate now. Like everything in life

” All or nothing ” Lolol Xx

Oh dear I have eaten too much. Thank goodness it’s a fast day tomorrow.

Hope all you fasters have had a good day.

Night all

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Yes thanks I slept most of the day, of course you know what that means……

Hi Lynda

Well done what a great loss!! Obviously now your TDEE is lower you stand a better chance of losing. It sounds as if you have it from this site. It is annoying that the site haven’t got it in stones and lbs though. That is why I used my fitness pal. I could cope with keep converting it.

That Zip will soon make it right to the top.

Hi Hemny

Good luck with fasting, you will soon be back in the saddle. My neighbour has got a really bad cold which he now says is more like flu. I am just going to post paracetamol through the door as he doesn’t want to give it to me. That bug sounds really rough.

You make me blush with your praise….. It is down to you as you have put the effort in and you do such a great job of encouraging and supporting everybody else. I’m sure you will miss Kirsty but it will be all the better when you meet up.

Hi Vero

I am organised on fast days but it’s the other days I have problems with so I only half deserve your lovely comment. I wimpish the other days I was organised 80 percent of the time, sadly it’s only about 20 percent of the time. Like you once I start I don’t want to stop. So I miss breakfast as this triggers eating and start eating as late as possible, normally about 2.30. This works for me although I am sure there will be others who really can’t do without breakfast. You just need to find what works for you.

I’d also like to eat well 80 percent of the time, sadly this isn’t so at the moment either. 🙁

Hi KT

You will still lose if you don’t do much as it is the food that makes the most difference. Just stay with us and as soon as you get past this difficult time you will see things improve. This forum can be really helpful in more ways than one. When I joined I had recently lost my job and then had a sad family situation the stree of all of this has kept me off of work. The forum helped me get past the worst of it. The family situation isn’t completely sorted but the positive mood of the forum and the fact that I am working to improve my health is really helping me.

As we go through life we just have to find good coping mechanisms….. This is one of them. Many people can’t talk to their nearest and deatrest about weight loss and the pitfalls they fall into. This forum is full of people who can and more importantly of having people who understand what they are going through.

Things will improve. Stick with it you Can succeed 🙂

Hi Plainy

I am glad the all went well for you today. How did you find things? You got off to a good start. Well done, it gets easier as time goes by as well.

Hi Vet

I too try to do 16:8 at the same time, I don’t manage this everyday but hopefully it helps. I must say though that it has really worked well for you. Well done.

I agree just writing on the site us one positive step forward. It means that you are committed even if you are struggling.

Hi Audrey and Dee

Good luck for your fast days. Dee remember you can always have a drink of Oxo if you get a bit of a headache. It is good that you are busy though. I hope all goes well.

see you all tomorrow unless any late ones come it.

A few people missing here, Celtic, Milena, Shaziii and others.

I hope you are all doing ok.

Ginette

Hi Ginette

Where abouts is your TDEE in my fitness pal I can’t seem to find it.

Lynda x

Morning all,

Lynda when you go on my fitness pal and go into goals, and enter your weight and goal wright etc it then alters the calories you are allowed on your diary. I have put mine in and it tells me I am allowed 1200 per day.

Does this help?

Aud

Morning all, first eating day today going to try and stick to 2,200 kcal which seems plenty although my TDEE IS 3000 kcal which sounds huge! Cooked the hairy bikers sausage casserole for later! Thanks for asking first day was pretty good plenty of water 1 big meal and a early night! Good luck to everyone today!

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

A very cold morning probably the coldest so far here.

A lovely start to the day with my weigh in. Lost 1 lb which I never expected after only yesterdays fast with this flu thing. Must be the lack of wine. Lol

Hope yesterdays other fasters had a good day. Xx

Gine .. what Is the 16 8 does it work in with the FDs or every day. Hope you are keeping warm. Xx

YES … SOS FOR MILENA >> CC>> SHAZ and all. We are missing you. Xx

Aud and all fasting today … have a good one. Hot lemon water would be good and of course our little OXO. Xx

Well done Plainy … that’s the way … we can all do this together. Have a mindful day. That hairy bikers casserole favoured by Aud looks to be a star… will do it at the week-end for my Mum … she loves sausages. Enjoy it later Plainy Xx

Have a good day Brit lovelies… and anyone else looking in .. we welcome you too.

Be proud of every thing that you do. Even mistakes mean you are trying. Xx

Hello my fellow brits,
    I am trying a different fast day today, I have done a 1 hr workout on the treadmill so for lunch I am having a small bowl of fruit salad and a milky coffee.
    For my late meal I am having a big bowl of fruit salad and another milky coffee. I am making the coffee using half milk half water. ..
    Usually I go as long as possible before eating but am feeling very hungry today. …think it’s probably the exercise! Just can’t win can I !

Will let you know later how it is going, food luck to my fellow fasters. …

Audrey

Hi everyone 🙂

Wow! Sooo many new people on the thread! Welcome to Plainy Vero Vet Dag Dee & Jay 🙂 sorry if I’ve missed anyone x hope you all get the support you need on here to help with this great WOL.

Hi to all the ‘old timers’ !! Hemmy..well done with your loss this week x hope you are feeling much better now xx Did you have a nice crisp walk with Mr Pips today? We even had frost here this am..beautiful after so much rain!

Audrey..you are doing brilliantly with the treadmill 🙂 well done you! Have a good FD x

Ginette Lynda Coffee Celtic Milena Jean KT..hope all good with you all x

I’m maintaining at the moment which I’m happy with. Did put on a bit last week. Pancakes were my undoing..and I didn’t even enjoy them!! Think my tastes have really changed so I’ll make them for others next year but leave myself out!

Off on another ski holiday next Tues for 10 days (city then 6 days skiing) so looking forward to all that exercise 🙂 BUT going to the US so will have to watch the portion sizes!!

Well done to all who have lost 🙂 keep checking in for support when you can. It’s great to have like minded people to share the journey with x

Hope FD going well and mindful for everyone else x

Have a great day all 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Hi Lynda

Open the App

Click on more at the bottom right

Click on goals

Set activity level, I chose sedentary I read that this is the best unless you have a really active job or get a lot of exercise every day it is easy to over estimate how much you get.

Set your long term goal and how much you want to lose a week and it will set it for you automatically. You will see this when you add any food.

Hi Audrey

Sorry I have just repeated your post. I read the first post and then write almost exactly the same as you…

Soup Audrey, that will help fill you up and for a low amount of calories. I hope it passes.

Hi Plainy

Well first day is under your belt, sausage casserole looks nice. Are you using normal sausages or low calorie ones. Heck chicken Italia are lovely and meaty, very small though more like chipolatas but at 4 for 144 a nice amount. Also they taste like ordinary sausages, I wasn’t sure about the fact the were chicken when I first tried them but they are nice and no rubbish in them. At the moment they are on offer in Asda for 2.50. Of course this may also be the price in other places.

Audrey also does a bolognese or similar with Turkey, I have to try that one day when I have enough room in my freezer.

Yes TDEE does sound high, I found that with mine. This is the total energy your body calculated that you will will use every day. It stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is why I and others here calculate on my fitness pal as shown above. I have found this a more realistic calorie target. Not to say that I do do this every day. I am having a few ups and downs. Too many ups in the calorie case??

Hi Hemmy

Well done for the loss, yes a big achievement on one day, as you say though maybe the fact you had that virus. I’d rather do it the normal way!!

I hope that you are feeling back to normal today.

Yes last night I was in a chair with a blanket over me watching TV. The fire was on low all day.

Weather temperatures seems to be improving from Friday for next week. A lot of rainy days in the south though.

I’m off to Pams today, so I’ll be back later.

Hi KT, How are you today? Vet did you get thorough the day ok?

Have a good day all.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 3,051 through 3,100 (of 35,412 total)

You must be logged in to reply.