Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,924 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,001 through 3,050 (of 35,411 total)

• Morning
    and yes, I got through yesterday and DIDNT go over 500cal !!!!

have just enjoyed my lovely oatibix 🙂

Plainy, as I said to you on the other thread, for those of us who binge, we need to work on why that is, otherwise it will always be part of our lives
    I know that is VERY VERY true for me. – easily said and NOT easily done, I know. Good luck for tomorrow, you sound very focussed so I am sure you will succeed.

Annette – yes I am going to try planning my weeks meals today
    I should have done it with the mh team, but since I didn’t go I will have to do it alone – at nearly 52 I really ought to be able to didn’t I!!

Also, since starting this way of eating I really have cut down MASSIVELY on my sugar intake
    I was eating whole packets of biscuits/whole cakes/bars of chocolate etc, but I have had no chocolate, only 3 small pieces of cake and only 2 packets of low fat richtea, in 5 weeks
    that is a record for me

most non fd’s I still only have 2 or perhaps 4 biscuits – they are 36cal each
    so much less than my beloved chocolate digestives.

Morning all,

I had a successful fast day yesterday and although I am not losing much weight I am definitely toning up… I got up to 5 kilometres an hr yesterday on the treadmil and walked for 2 miles, any faster I would be jogging and I don’t do that!

Hope you have a great weekend, fast day tomorrow again for me!

Audrey

wow Audrey, you are doing so well on that treadmill, and in this weather, it is ideal isn’t it, AND you don’t have to leave enough energy to walk all the way home!!

I have been reading how several people on this thread (and the forum) use a Wii to exercise

I may be able to borrow one, just to try it out, but I wondered – do they need a lot of room? – I mean for the exercise space – as I only have about 5x8ft clear in my living room, and no space anywhere else.

Hi KT
    I’ve got my wii in a summerhouse which is not that big and I manage just fine….get one.

Lynda x

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Lots of exercise going on on this thread.. well done everyone. Lots of toned bodies for the spring I reckon. Xx

I am just off to do my hour and 1/2 with Mr Pips across the muddy fields.

Looking forward to Mondays fast … it seems a very popular day now. Will be my first on for a while. Still drinking my Shloer and sparkling water which I enjoy now.

I am wondering if this way of life contributed to containing this flu thing for just this week. Makes you wonder as it usually in the past has dragged on.

Spending my last week-end with Kristy for a while.. of to London into her new home on Monday morning. A new era for us both after nearly three years. So maybe a few wines today and tomorrow. Mindfully of course. Lolol

Have a good week-end Fast Busting Brits… and anyone else looking in… if you want to change your world … pop in and join the gang. Xx

Brit lovelies… If we are brave enough to say goodbye … Life will reward you with a smile. Xx

Rather than viewing this as success or failure, which is a huge pressure, take one day at a time.I think there is sometimes an element of ‘stocking up’ so that you know that you are not going to fade away in 1 day. I never said it was logical, but I have been there too.

The goal for a fast day(FD) is to eat protein(which you weigh) and leaves/vegetables, but no carbohydrates.Do you have the food bought and ready? Do you know how to cook or prepare it?

I think that there are 2 books that will really help you. They have both been a complete eye opener and have helped me loads.The first is called’that sugar book’ by Damon Gameau, it is a bright, colourful book with loads of photo and shows what happened to a young Australian who consumed 40 teaspoons of sugar a day hidden in percieved healthy foods for 60 days. It is quite astonishing and I am sure would help you to reduce your sugar intake. This book refers to Robert Lustig, who is an obesity expert, who explains that processed food is responsible for diabetes, obesity a catalogue of diseases and how sugar(delicious, addictive and toxic) is packed into so much of our food.BUT, he also shows which foods to avoid and what is good to eat-nothing weird, horrible or expensive. The addiction to sugar can only be reduced by consuming less of it…and as you do, you need less of it…so you can use all of those calories(that were spent on rubbish) to eat complete healthy and delicious meals rather than that packet of biscuits or bag of chocolate. The bottom line is that only you can make the change, no one else.
    I found both books very interesting and they changed how I looked at food, it made shopping much easier as there were whole aisles that I avoided, cheaper and I learned to cook more from scratch. I know that shop bought white bread turns me into a lunatic looking for more carbs, but I also know that it is the sugar in that bread that is pressing those buttons now. So I don’t but it anymore as an occasional treat because how can something that I enjoy make me feel rubbish(physically) and then be seen as a treat? Doesn’t make any sense, does it? There is no point praying for a lifestyle change…you have to make the change and as a woman of 55 who wishes that she had known all of this 30 years ago, to quote that ad ‘Just Do It!’
    If you want to break the cycle of sugar addiction then cut down on what you consume. Lustig explains that we are victims of our biochemistry and that the availability of sugar was a rare thing, so that when we had a harvest that was short, we scoffed as much sweet stuff as we could because that was it for another 10 months. Honey was only available if we could get past the bees. Now the sweet stuff is available 24/7 and along with the food industry that puts sugar(they use over 40 different names of packaging)in so much of both savoury and sweet foods, that no wonder we are fat and sick and addicted to the sweet stuff. So eat brown rice and pasta, unprocessed meat, fruit and vegetables, butter, cheese etc , take exercise(anything that makes you sweat-burns fat in the liver and muscles) eat more fibre(stops the surge of sugar in the bloodstream, spike of insulin which in turn makes fat).
    None of this is difficult and as a lifelong sweet and pudding lover….I have far less in my diet, feel much better….and my weight is now stable although I am shrinking. What is not love?
    You have had your fill of rubbish today. Have a rubbish free day tomorrow.
    You will see that Lustig is right.

Just Do It!

Hi Annette,

It’s very interesting to be able to read how you have lost your weight but I haven’t cut anything out of my diet and I am still losing weight.

I stick to 500 kcals on fast days or do a liquid only when the mood takes me and stick to my tdee on other days.

Yesterday on my fast day I had steamed fish potatoes and vegetables, I don’t eat anything green or leafy ever!

I think there are many versions of the 52 wol each person is doing there own version. I think you just have to find out which one works for yourself.

I do agree however that sugar addiction is quite a problem, and one I haven’t managed to get rid of yet!

I hope you don’t mind me answering your post but I think it’s important for new people to realise they can tailor this wol to there own way of living this is not one diet that fits all!

Audrey

I am fighting the sugar addiction, hard, although not ‘completely’

at the moment it is only when I binge that it gets out of hand
    and that has been way less than previously

I eat brown rice, but I have gluten free pasta and bread – I hate the bread, so don’t eat it often
    I love normal bread but it will bloat me for a couple of days and cause ‘other’ issues!!

Annette – what was the second book you were referring too? I couldn’t find it in your post. The first one on sugar looks fascinating.

Thank you Annette for all that very informative information. You sound as if you are doing brilliantly. Well done.

I do have to agree with Aud though regarding we are all different and take what path suits us.

I must confess to not reading up on all the books out there todo with this way of life.

To me I just take it as its 5-2 … 500 cals on those fast days .. food to suit the individual.

On my FD days as lots here know .. I do love my carbs. My FD more time s than not consists of a cup of full fat milk coffee at 2pm… 6pm 2 slices of brown seeded bread made into a sandwich of a dry fried egg and bacon… a satsuma.

I just love it and FD days hold no fear for me at all now.

Thing is .. I have lost 17lbs now and I couldn’t have done that if there had been a no carb restriction.

I would have eaten the piece of protein and leaves .. felt unsatisfied and had the sandwich as well. lol

Along the way I have naturally stopped eating all the sweet stuff … stomach has shrunk too.

All the above just applies to me and in my opinion of course. We all have to find our own way … of course with the help of friends here. xxxx

KT sounds like you have a wheat intolerance just like my step daughter zoe….. it’s very annoying isn’t it?

Hemmy,

I knew you could say what I wanted to say far more politely! …. thanks 😊😊

It’s my 1st anniversary a week today will post my loss, why oh why did I slip at xmas!….very mad at myself now

Audrey

Hello everyone,
    I agree with you all. I haven’t given up anything either..well apart from a teaspoon of sugar in my tea and jar tomato sauces. I just eat far far less sugar and now choose other things to eat instead. I realized that I had crossed to the dark side when I wanted mashed avocado on toast rather than a cake!
    Sorry KT, it is by Robert Lustig-called ‘fat chance, the hidden truth about sugar,obesity and disease. I am interested to hear what you think about it.

The joy of the forum is finding out what others do that works for them. I always learn something new.

I gave up FD for 3 weeks as a very unscientific test after reading Lustig and applying the principles. I am a fussy eater, hate veg-apart from peas and carrots, learned to cook lentils and disguise them from my forensic scientist who can spot an onion at 50 paces…and tried it out. I found that shopping was quicker and cheaper, I learned to make some new dishes that we all liked which is no mean feat(3 that will not eat fish) and found that making my own tomato sauce(for pasta and chilli) was easy and much cheaper with a lot less sugar. I felt better too but was very surprised to find that I had lost an inch off my waist!

I simply feel that it would be wrong not to share with you what I have learned. You will make your own choice, of course. Food for thought?

Hi Annette

Can you please post your tomatoe sauce recipe, I have tried and failed many times to make a decent one. … thanks 😊

Audrey

Hi Audrey,
    I use The Hairy Bikers Chilli and Bolognaise recipe and Mary Berrys Absolute Favourites Meatballs in Tomato sauce(I make a vat of the sauce and the meatballs then freeze it in portions).

Annette

Thanks Annette

I use hairy bikers sausage casserole recipe with tesco healthy living sausage it’s wonderful, I cook 12 sausage and freeze 2 portions as ready meals for ian and myself

Thanks again

Audrey

My pleasure.
    I am watching more cookery programmes and buying books from charity shops to expand the range of what we eat. I have 4 young men to feed, FD or NFD, so always open to new things to try. They really liked Mexican Tortilla Bake -another Mary Berry, last night. I am not a chilli fan but they said it was very good.

Thanks Audrey I am going to try a tablespoon first and I shall soak it overnight. I shan’t be making soup again until next week as I have enough for Monday. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hi KT

I do understand with your quandary food choices, I had this at the start as well. In the end I planned fast days down to the letter. I always had chicken and veg in the evening on a fast day (for about 6 months!). I went between spicy chicken (which I know you don’t like) barbecue chicken and plain chicken that I could add my own spices to. I had this with vegetables. I got the chicken out of the freezer and weighed it the night before. I got the veg out of the freezer the night before and weighed this at the time and then again the next day as it had lost water. I noted this all down on my fitness pal. This was all for the following evening.

For lunch I had either a big bowl of rhubarb and a couple of dessert spoons of muller light, some melonOr strawberries and a couple of spoons of youhurt. All of these I like and it gave me a sweet fix. I cook the rhubarb with Stevia which is a natural sweeter, other sweetness will be fine but I know this one doesn’t give you a sugar spike.

I measured out my milk allowance (I allowed 100 calories of milk). The one thing that would make me miserable is not having a few cups of tea which also filled me up. My friend bought me a bigger cup as well not a massive one but big all the same. I use this on a regular basis. She found it in a charity shop.

The chicken you can buy in strips from Asda and I think Aldi which is easy to measure out, but I got mine from farm foods. Three bags for £10 at the moment. If the chicken was too large I cooked it cut it up and weighed out what I was allowed. The extra I had in a sandwich the next day.

Cooking the chicken I found was really easy. I put in in the microwave for about 2/3 minutes. It was tender and required to fat or messing about in the oven. The vegetables (weighed) I put in a saucepan and cooked them as usual. I was given a steamer but my kitchen is a bit small for that. In farm foods (if you have one near you) they sell some vegetables in 120gm bags. They are tiny and cook in a flash. If not I have cauliflower and broccoli and sometimes with a little watered down cheese sauce, again the instant type as this is quickest. All measured of course.

Now as it is colder I have home made soup, I found yesterday that Aldi do prepared vegetable soup packs. I got this to try. With these types of mixes I use a stock cube and some garlic and herbs whatever you like.

I always found that key to succeeding was planning these days. If not I had random things and was very frustrated with it. I am not suggesting that you copy what I had but it is just to show you the planning. I always had lunch as late as possible so I had something to look forward to as it acted as a trigger for me to think about food. I never ate carbs on these days as that is a waste of calories.

I noticed that Aldi’s long life milk is 28 calories per 100ml and Lidl is 38 for the same amount. So where I can have 350g which is about 6/7 cups of tea if I have Aldis I can only have 5/6 with Lidl’s

I do hope you managed to plan something and are then happier with your fast day. A lot of people here have kept busy doing housework. I spent time shredding some mail the other day I have git about three lots to do so this I do on one of those days.

Let us all know how you get on. I know that Audrey has said that she uses to my fitness pal daily calorie allowance. So do I. You need to go into settings or more I will have a look in a minute and set goals. I set that I wanted to lose a pound a week and the weight I wanted to be and it gave me a calorie allowance.

I think mine is 1540 so a good amount.

With the Wii you don’t need a lot of room so you should be fine.

Hi Dag

Yes we all have our demons to conquer with food or drink mine is a love of sweet things. I conquered it last year and now have gone off track again. I shall get there again.

Hi Annette

Sound advice, planning especially at first is the key.

Hi Plainy

Once you get into the swing of it you will be fine, your tastebuds change as well. I am happy to have potatoes two or three times a week and much less bread. I only eat wholemeal or granary anyway as a rule but I will often have soup, one slice of bread and an egg. Before I started this is would have toast tin tge morning a sandwich at lunch time and maybe egg on toast at night if I was busy…..way too much bread. Now the most I experience have is two slices a day but normally only one.

I don’t eat breakfast as I don’t really enjoy it and it starts me eating. If you want something sweet at breakfast time try melon, prepare it the night before and it will be ready. Of strawberries and yoghurt. Both of these are good and will give you that sweet fix.

I know posts have gone over the page as I am currently on page 59 so I will go through the other posts when this has been submitted.

Ginette

Hi KT

I’m glad you got through the day. You have done really really well to cut out the sugar that you have. The fact that you have cut down on it will help cravings long term, it takes a while to adapt. Sugar is hidden away in many things. I never knew sugar was in bread until a couple of years ago. Some of the ready meals have loads of it as well.

You are doing well, we all have an off day and some of us found it difficult to get into the swing of it. The forum is here to help people who are struggling, to encourage others on and to congratulate those who are achieving. We all fall down from time to time, one of the important things to remember is one bad day doesn’t spoil everything. It is when we have one bad day and then follow it with others that gets us back into bad habits. Have a normal day after a bad day and all will be fine.

Annette

We all like sharing as even our mistakes help others. As Hemmy says we are only human. I remember reading a lot about pasta and when it is cooked, cooled in the fridge and then reheated it has far less calories. How strange is this?? I shall see if I can find the article.

That sugar book sounds interesting. I think that it really helps the cravings to cut down on some things, sugar being one. But like Hemmy if I couldn’t have carbs and some treats I would feel that I was on another diet. I think as both Hemmy and Audrey say we have to find what works for us. Please don’t some sharing though as you have some really valid points and I know that you are probably right, I’m just not able to cut it out to that extent. Cutting it down will work for me though and I shall be happy when I achieve that again.

Hi Audrey

I may have a look at the suasage casserole as it sounds a nice change. Also folks don’t forget to try the chicken and chorizo bake of the hairy dieters.

Hi Hemmy

I love satsumas but they are so hard to find now. Clementines are everywhere but I don’t like the taste of these.

Ok going to find links now.

Ginette

OMG Gine.

I cant believe you have just said about Auds Hairy Bikers sausage casserole. I was just looking it up as we speak.
    It looks absolutely fab. Got also waylaid watching their fishcake video. Could freeze them.

Its very cold here this after noon. Just going to do the lottery and see what marked down prices at my local shop. Xx

Hemmy,

You need to give it a go…it’s lovely. …

I cook all 12 sausages, we have 2 each on the first night, then I cut the other sausage into bite sized pieces and portion them out into ready meals, they freeze very well in fact I think it tastes nicer when it’s been frozen, and just reheat in a pan…. lovely honestly. …

Audrey

ah, lovely boiled egg for lunch and toast, and some marmalade
    good old fashioned yum
    shame about the gluten free bread, but it was tolerable

going to have chicken casserole for dinner – one of my favourites

that Robert Lustig book looks fascinating, I may try to get a copy although as with all these things I can get very tangled/obsessed/overwhelmed
    I will read and read or listen or watch and then spin round and round not knowing which way to go

I have to say it is nice walking past the chocolate/crisp/biscuit aisles in Tesco’s and realising how much space they take up in the shop

Pasta link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/11167883/Cool-and-reheat-pasta-to-make-it-less-fattening.html

Hi KT

Yes on my fitness pal you need to click on more (I have the app) and then on goals. The rest is as I said. This is to get your calorie allowance.

Ok all I’m sure you have heard enough from me at the moment……..

Maybe see you later.

Ginette

Thanks ginette, if the Spanish recipe is half as good as the sausage one it will be great….

Thanks for posting ☺

Audrey

Hi KT sounds like you are enjoying todays food.

Nothing like a boiled egg and soldiers .. always reminds of the first thing my Mum thought of for my meal as I was a very fussy eater. Often have that for a lunchtime… always tasty. Lol

Love marmalade .. have tried them all but love the Aldi one. My friend will often do a slice of toast and marmalade with a cup of tea if she wants a sweet fix. Are you fasting on Monday KT. Xx

Aud and Gine

I am really impressed with those Hairy Biker recipes. I can see why you like them Aud. Just found Their cottage pie … AND lolol Apple Spice cake. Cut into 12 portions just over 200 cals.

I have all those bloody bags of frozen apples in the deep freeze. Lol

Thanks for the links Gine. Xx

PS just had a lovely Danish pastry from the bakery. Naughty but nice for a very cold Saturday afternoon tea time treat. Xx

Born in Pudsey West Yorkshire, now in Bingham Notts. Looking forward to a healthy weight losing future 😊

Hemmy

Don’t make too much cake! Lol

Dee welcome to our little corner of the forum, we are all at different stages of our fasting journeys but you are welcome to join us. ..

Audrey

Thank you Audrey ! Just started the 5:2 and finding it fits my lifestyle. Lost 3.5 lbs in my first week. Want to loose about 1.5 stone if possible. Not a sugar lover but do like a cheeky wine at the weekend. Although I need confidence to eat and trust the FD will loose me the lbs

Dee 3,5 lbs in your first week is great… well done. You will get lots of support and encouragement on here, keep posting and let us know if you need help or advice…

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi Dee

Welcome to our friendly crowd, it has grown recently and it’s nice to have new people join. Yes I agree with Audrey. A brilliant loss on your first week. I’m am quite a distance from you in the not so sunny south!!

Hi Hemmy and Audrey

Yes I remember when they were trying to lose weight and so did versions of their foods with less calories.

Ginette

Lol Aud . I will send you and Gine a very small Cyber slice … I don’t want to lead you both astray. Lol

Dee@bingham A very big welcome to you.

Wow 3.5lbs in your first week .. thats a brilliant achievement. I did WW for a while a few years ago. Lost weight and got down to my target goal. They were encouraging it was a nice friendly morning group. The greatest loss went away with a lrg bowl of fruit. I was not popular with my class WW lady as I said that I worked out my wine points first .. then my food. Lol

Trouble is continually counting the points ..got boring. I still often think of food in points. Not a bad thing I guess.

Find this way of life so much better though. As I have said before no need to ever have to be a bore and say you are dieting ever again.

Good luck this week Dee … lots of help and encouragement here. Xx

I am quite tough on myself and know how hard it is to loose weight ! My guilty pleasure is a class of wine on a weekend so I’m hoping it doesn’t hinder my target !
    It’s interesting to see a good mix of people on this regime

I think you have done fantastic hemmy ! That’s a brilliant loss ! It doesn’t matter what the calories are – the full fat milk is great protein as is the egg ! I think I’m going to be an egg and smoked salmon or fish FD person. because it works for me x

Dee I am sure you will do fine, it’s suprising how much food you can eat for 500 kcals. Fish sounds like a brilliant start… I think the thing Is to not deprive yourself.

Have a good weekend everybody, I am busy tomorrow with the granddaughters. …..

Audrey

well I am a little confused as I thought I posted on here about an hour ago, but clearly I didn’t!!
    hemmy – this is a lovely cake that uses apple – I used bramleys

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/dorset-apple-cake

its not ‘healthy’ of course, but really yummy especially warm

Annette – I am watching Robert Lustig on this video –
    http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-fructose-bad-for-you/

it is VERY enlightening, although some of it is rather scientific, but he is a good speaker and it makes lots of sense

Hi Dee

Its funny you saying about your love of fish. Before I came on here I really wasn’t that bothered about a fish dish . I have noticed recently I am eating so much more now.

You are really going to enjoy this way of life Dee … feel and look sooo good too. Xx

Thank You KT that recipe looks wonderful.

While walking Mr Pips in the summer… I kept bringing back pockets filled with apples. I found them in the fields I walk. The farmers don’t seem to bother with them and because I cant stand wasted food .. continually picked them and have about 3 draws of my freezer full of them. What with my marked down meals for one I have been collecting for when I am on my own again ..Plus Mr Pips braising steak and liver not much space left over 2 freezers. Lol Lots of apple cake here we come. ( wonder if you can freeze it. Lol Better get another freezer. Lol ) Xx

I also have a recipe for parsnip and apple soup which is lovely – if you are interested
    AND its low calorie 🙂

KT LOW CALORIE..indeed. Lolol

Oh go on then tempt me. Lol. Xx

KT thanks I have shared the link on other threads. It is very interesting isn’t it?

Everyone has such fab ideas for lovely tasty dishes. I think if you look around at the choices available we can eat well whatever our budget. If you cook from scratch it can be tasty – low calorie – low Gi and aid the weight loss and feel good factor. Good luck all from me. Looking forward to sharing the journey X

Keeptrying, I watched the Robert Lustig lecture you gave the shortcut for. Really really interesting. Thanks for that.

Here’s a shortcut to an article by Dr Jason Hung with short YouTube clip of a lecture, on different lengths of fasting and summarised effects. Note longer fasts of beyond two days are done with medical supervision.

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-regimens-part-6/

This is part of a series. Part 7 link as at the bottom of his page.

Hi Hemmy

That cake hasn’t arrived yet. Did you send it?

KT

The apple cake sounds delicious. Maybe one for later though….

Ginette

‘simply delicious soup’
    makes about 3-4litres so lots to save

2oz marg (or butter) 2 pints vegetable stock
    2 medium onions 1 tsp. mixed herbs
    2 med. parsnips 3 dsp dried parsley
    2 med. cooking apples 2 pints milk

chop veg and apples and sauté in marg
    add other ingredients EXCEPT MILK
    bring to boil and simmer for 30 mins
    add milk and liquidise/season to taste

I like it because it isn’t spicey or strong, so others might not like it
    and I don’t use parsley as I hate that too lol
    I guess you can use less fat at the start if you want, I think I do

Lol Gine

Must have got lost .. or there again did I eat it all. Lolol.

KT Now that does sound a lovely tasty soup. I do like parsnips and have plenty of fresh parsley still growing in my little bootroom… plus of course all those damn apples.

Yes, my thing now is to use up all the apples … else the way time is going on legs .. so very quickly I will be picking the next seasons before long.. Lol.

So I now can make Apple cake… Soup… any more ideas gratefully received. Hem is on a mission. Xx

well ignoring the date (because when your separated and alone, it sucks!!)

but this morning is good – because I am half a pound BELOW my first target
    :):):):)

even though I seem to lose less and less each week

does anyone know – if I set a new target weight on the tracker, will it still show my previous one, as I would like to continue seeing that blue line breaking the barrier!!

Morning KT

No you won’t! You only see the current target I’m afraid…..sadly…as it’s good to see when you’ve hit a target.

Well done on your progress so far 🙂

Hope everyone good x must go..dog walk time!

Karen
    Xx

Well done KT first target reached, I see Karen has already answered you so I won’t. …

Hemmy, you are reminding me of when I was little and mum got took into hospital,. Dad was in charge of us and someone got him a big wooded crate full of apples that had ” fallen off the back of a wagon”! Anyhow we had, baked apples, stewed apples, apple pie, apple crumble all week, plus of course some to take to school for our break…. happy days. …

Kids not coming now so I am doing a fast day today, eating tomorrow then another fast on Tuesday. ..

Have a lovely Sunday

Audrey

Sorry folks, that was Dr Jason Fung in my post above, not Hung! Don’t you love autocorrect?

We have other loves in our lives so don’t feel sad keeptrying . Just done a weekly shop and took ages reading sugar content on yogurt ! Low fat means more sugar . The good ones are more expensive and I like the individual pots that tell me the calories. Not fasting today but being good. I bought the 5:2 Fast book which has some tasty recipes in the back. I’ll post some later that I think you may like for FD ,s

dee if you are writing that to me, then thank you,
    however I already have the book
    (ignore if you were writing it generally!!)

I actually don’t like hardly any of the recipes in the book
    as usual with so many of these things they add chilli or other spices I hate
    and also always flipping beans or lentils etc

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just like ‘ordinary’ food – ordinary to me anyway ha ha

Viewing 50 posts - 3,001 through 3,050 (of 35,411 total)

You must be logged in to reply.