Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,917 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 15 hours, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,751 through 2,800 (of 35,404 total)

• Meant to post re this NFD main meal I made last week. Cooked chilled the reheated green fusilli. Then had ago at a home made pesto.. blitzed hazel nuts, walnuts and pukin seeds, mixed that into kale and spinch, grren beans, peas broad beans with lemon juice, tiny bit garlic butter, drizzle oil olive oil and rapeseed oil, ground mixed pepper corns. Also threw in paper thin slices of raw carrot and courgette. Topped with a bit of aged pecorino. Was much less oily than shop bought pesto and it had a really chrunchy texture. Will definitely make again .

Celtic

I always reheat my pasta now,ever since ginette told us of the benefits last year, plus it’s easier when it’s time to eat isn’t it.

I have never tried pesto, but yours does sound good. …

I always make my own sauces I think it’s much better to know exactly what is in them don’t you?

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours Xx

Very windy and stormy here today a complete change around from yesterday.

Lol turned the page so will need to post again welcoming our new friends. Xx

Had a good sleep in till 9am this morning as Kristy was away. I was bone
    tired last night with these early mornings and late nights. I wish she had never gone back to an events company. Lol

Will go back and catch up.

Brit lovelies… No matter how smooth or rough this day is..We are here all together every step of the way. Xx

Wow I have definitely had an hormonal lapse. ..

Just realised it’s Friday today not Saturday so I will be fasting today Friday and tomorrow Saturday. …. gained a day somewhere or lost one hehe. …

Just done a 30 min workout am very hot n bothered now…

Audrey

Hi friends .. catching up post. Xx {we are going from strength to strength lovely to see.}

Aud lovely to see you up and running so to speak. Are you completely without pain now?

Those oat cakes and bacon sounded tasty .. wow. Good luck today with the liquid.

I have only done 1 FD so far and today could be iffy as a nice meal this evening is planned. Still, going great guns on this Shloer and sparkling water really like it.

Have a good day Aud Xx

Sym hope your BtB went well for you.
    You must be getting excited now… is it tomorrow you go. Xx

A big welcome to ZCRF and Shaziiii lovely to have you join our little corner and journey with us to a much better way of life. Good luck both… always good to keep in touch daily if poss as lots of good tips… plus we can share our highs and lows altogether as friends. Xx

Lynda .. well done you girl. I can sense your determination to fit that dress. You will do it I have no doubt.
    I had a smile about huffing and puffing with hubby there. I used to TRY to exercise infront of mine and he always said… its amazing what you see when you don’t have your gun. Of course It would set me off laughing.lolol Keep at it Lyn. Xx

Coffee and KT you are doing so well .. I think it takes some people ages to get in the swing and you have already got well stuck in. Good luck today. Xx

CC like Aud I havnt used Pesto either. What is the best to start with. I saw it advertised to add to a dish at the moment in Sainsbury.Xx
    Hope everyone else is ok… Have a good Brits. Xx

Thanks hemmy

The oatcakes were really nice. … but I managed to stay within my tdee just. … it’s funny because when I have got on the scales this morning ( -yes I still weigh in everyday) I had lost some weight. Sometimes I think you have to eat to lose weight does that make sense? I am not completely pain free but it is a dull ache now rather than debilitating. …..

I have stopped glowing now from my workout I am intending on doing a dance this afternoon that should burn more kcals. … according to my fitbit I am getting into fat burning zone and above! It must be helping. In my boxing I get into cardio zone!

I still have another 10 lbs to lose to get back to the wedding weight and then another 10….and then ??? Who knows how low. I am aiming for 9,5 stone eventually but that us going to take some time. …

Have a great day and thanks for all your encouragement and friendship over these months. …it means a lot!

Audrey

Morning All,

Weigh in this morning both the same which is quite welcome, lot of food passing our way this week and FD ‘s was a bit loose, hubby rebelling as in holiday frame of mind…..on Tuesday scales were 3 lb up for me ahh a nightmare! So the B2B must of helped but so hard.

Celtic…nice to hear from you your sauces do sound very good, I bet you are in the kitchen all the time thinking of good things to do….I only go as far as a banana milk shake!

Audrey and Milena….what do you drink on a liquid day on a B2B ?

Hemmy…yes really excited we fly Sunday back 16th Feb.. So FD stopped for us hoping not too much weight goes on..I would be happy with a couple of pounds…it’s not the food it will be drink
    πŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸΊπŸΊπŸΊπŸΊπŸΊπŸ˜‡

Keeptrying…hope you feel a bit better today

Milena….you also..hoping you are now coming around

Off now to have my hair cut so speak later….

Jean x

Jean

On a liquid day I drink a cup of coffee with semi skimmed milk first thing, if I am feeling hungry I will have an oxo cube or sugar feee vimto, a diet hot chocolate drink and lots and lots of water…. I think milena just drinks water all day, I would too but I don’t function without a cup if coffee 1st thing. …

Hope the wind drops before you fly, and you have a great holiday. …

Audrey

Aud

Its funny how we keep changing our goals. I suppose it all seems more obtainable the lower we get. Think I will be here for the duration though. Being here helps me so much and stops bad ways setting in again.

Do you think a liquid day makes a big difference. Don’t know I if I could do it. I have low blood pressure and always seem to need food by 2pm latest.

Sym Enjoy your hairdressers appointment. You will be all ready to go then. Lol feel excited for you. Xx

Hi hemmy

I know a liquid day helps me, I find it extremely hard to stop eating once I start, so for me a liquid day is the way to go. I also find I lose about 2 to 3 lbs but of course once I eat some of it goes back on!

It does take a lot of willpower and by tonight I will be hungry but the strangest thing is by tomorrow the hunger has gone!

I am not sure if a liquid only day would help or hinder your low blood pressure may be worth a look at some research?

Audrey and Hemmy…

Thanks for your kind wishes…I will miss the forum.

I may try B2B again…I may need to!….lots of tea and water..don’t mind an oxo…hubby wouldn’t do it!

Xx

Audrey

I’ve got the wii fit plus I do the step aerobics and hola hoop and the running around then I go onto the balance side of things down hill skiing and the Eddie the eagle jump and also got the wii dance but not used that one yet.
    How’s your FD day going. ?

Lynda x

Going well Lynda

Had 2 cups of coffee, sugar free vimto and about 15 glasses of water. …… πŸ˜‡

Sorry Lynda forgot to ask. have you tried the wedding outfit on?

Audrey

Audrey
    Not t yet waiting till hubby comes home as he will try and do it up for me

Lynda x

Audrey….you are going good ..is Milena with you today….nice to see what drinks you are having..πŸ˜‡ Have a good one tomorrow. X

Lynda……hope the dress zip goes up better than the last try on….fingers crossed..x

Thanks symba, no milena this week so I am going it alone this time, with help from my cheerleading team on the forum of course. …I think I am going to have a hot chocolate soon…..

Lynda let us knows how the fitting goes.

Milena, you are very quiet, are you o.k.?

Keep in touch people together we are stronger

Audrey

There’s a lot of people missing

Is everybody OK?

Maybe busy?

X

I am here, just!
    Managed a fast day, just eating meal now – usually eat it at 5 but had dr, so late.
    He has agreed that if I can stick to this diet for a while, he will retest bloods to see if it has any effect.

That’s great news keeptrying ☺

Enjoy your meal

Audrey

Hi friends x

Aud you are doing brilliantly today. Don’t think I can do it but will try to get to 3pm on my next FD.

Had a goodish day no FD as I promised I would do a smoked salmon and dill tart for dinner . Bought it to use at Xmas and never did.

Think it will only be one FD for me this week. I also want to just eat normal and see where cutting out the wine completely takes me.

What time of day has been the hardest for you.? Did you do the dancing and how do the energy levels feel. Well done. Xx

Lynda … Have you tried the dress on yet. I cant wait to see how it goes. Xx

Sym we are really going to miss you so much. Will be lovely to hear your reports of those countries when you get back. Xx

KP Good news with your FD .. it will be interesting to hear the new results of the bloods.

Just stay with us KP you have nothing to lose but Lbs. As Audrey says “Together we are stronger”. We can all do this for ourselves… because we are worth it. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing okay.. Ginnette .. Milena.. Where’s Newbs these days. Hope all is ok. Xx

Hi hemmy,

I have caved in and eaten….. it got to 6 o’clock ish and I was starving, however, I am at 452 kcals so a successful fast day instead.

I did do my exercises this morning but my back decided it had had enough and went into spasm. I have put the heat pad on and am going for an early bath and bed. Still planning my 2nd fast day tomorrow. … I am glad you are still off the wine I have now put the port away till next xmas…..

Talk again tomorrow goodnight all

Audrey

Hemmy….nice to hear from you..smoked salmon sounds rather lovely…all our Xmas goods now finished except the toffees they are going in the bin!

Keeptrying….good news at the Docs….lets hope the 5.2 helps your blood results…keep chatting…

I forget some of you will be working…..we are retired you forget which day it is…..they all blend..

I always remember FD’s good job..

X

Good evening everyone,

Sorry for the late post but only just got in
    ..lol felt very happy this morning as have lost 3lbs but saying that went to a birthday party this evening so plenty of food, drink and the dreaded birthday cake. Thank you hemmy for the lovely welcome. It’s so nice on this forum everyone is so kind πŸ™‚ hemmy you mentioned something about sholer and water? Is that something you drink on fast days? As I ate out today do you think I should fast tomorrow or still stick to 2 fasting days?

Shaz x

Hi All

a quick post as I have had logging in problems. Now I need to see if I can go back to the previous page.

Ginette

No Sorry I can’t go back as the previous page logs me out. I have tried it about six times now!!

My apologies for not answering your posts.

Just going to try something else.

Hi Coffee

Yes I just remember it. Also z cars. They were on when I was a child. Well done on the 1lb loss.

Jean

Awful about the hurricane and your daughter. It must have been frightening. How funny that you have fat come off one side and then another!! Not something I have noticed.

Hi Audrey

I agree while this may seem slow to some. It is steady and I have never stuck to anything for this long before. Well done for reheating the pasta, yes it would be silly to have more calories when you can have a little more pasta for less calories.

Hi Shaziii

Don’t worry about people looking. I am taller than you are was 9 stone overweight when I started. Now only four and a half, probably still sounds awful but sounds so much better than 9 so I look at the positives. Just follow the rules ask for advice when needed, there is a lot of support to be had on here.

Hi ZCRF

Welcome to the forum. Why six fast days in a row??

Hi Hemmy

Yes I’m here. Didn’t post yesterday though as it was getting late and the cat started playing up for food, I went into the kitchen and completely forgot that I was about to post!! He shouts at the top of his voice and it really carries at night. I live in a flat so annoying for the neighbours. I don’t want the neighbours complaining. The other one is as good as gold. Not a whisper from him.

Hi Celtic

I love pesto but couldn’t be fussed to make it. Too fiddly. The longer I am in the kitchen the more tempted I am to eat sometimes. The kitchen is small as well so not room for a lot of things.

See you all tomorrow.

Ginette

ZCFR , wow 6 days are you sure that safe? Arent you just going to just chuck your body into fat storing starvation mode? Go carefully

Got a kilo of raw organic cacoa powder yesterday so last two night wee have gone to bed on skimmed milk raw cocoa with smidge of xmas spice. Hoping its another blood pressure friendly food. Was very nice and i think has a slightly deeper flavour than bog standard coco powder. Been lots going on here today; had chap come and give us quote for fitting the stair carpet (central runner style), so thats booked in for the 11th. Also going to get the bathroom radiator switched over to the heated towel rail we bought 18 months ago. Shocked at the quotes for painting walls of the stair way, but then its the first time in 30 years Ive had an up stairs.

Hemmy low BP here too.

Ginette, your mention of cats made me smile, we have three now but have up to 8 in theast. We used to have Jacob a Bengal x siamese who had a voice like a fog horn. You really could hear him approaching from across the fields. If he had been off hunting for a few days ( often did in the height of summer) he would have to walk around the edge of each room meowing at the top of his lungs. I always thought of it as some kind of bizzare feline mapping/echo location system. Current gang can be quite chatty but thankfully no where near as loud as Jake. He was a stunning boy looked bengal and had blue eyes, a cats protection find. Taught him self to use the loo!

Morning all,

Wow what a lot of posts from last night.

Ginette my forum notifications stopped last week so I got onto admin they soon sorted it out. …

Shaziiii just stick to the 2 fast days but perhaps a low calorie day today to make up for yesterday?

CelticCrow, your cocoa drink sounded lovely, I may pop in for one! Where are you again. … hehe

Jean, have a great holiday, see you when you get home, enjoy yourselves…..☺☺☺

I completed my fast day yesterday but didn’t manage a liquid… I have woken up this morning and I am hungry, this is very strange for me so I will see how it goes, but I may end up eating today and fasting tomorrow instead. …

Have a great weekend everyone, together we are stronger so stay in touch

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

A decent start weather wise hoping for a dry walk with Mr Pips.
    Lots of lovely small logs along the route just been chopped .. so I am bringing about 4 at a time home for the burner. Good to carry those weights while walking. Lol

Hi Aud

You did so well yesterday .. good luck today.

Oh do be careful with the exercise and your back. When I read your posts I always imagine you whizzing around all the time. Lol

Hope today finds you well rested and full of energy after yesterday. Take care Aud. Xx

Hi Sym .. bet hubby is really on his holiday today. Bless him. I just realized you will be away Valentines day … Don’t forget some chocs for him. Lolol

Enjoy your day Xx

Hi Shaz ..Well done You on your 3lb loss .. Yay yay What a fantastic start .

Re .. The shloer and sparkling water. I do love wine and it has contributed to my weight increase over the years. I have tried to cut down on it … or have cut it out on FDs only to have drank more on normal days.

So decided to find something to replace it as most cravings are just habit.

I like Merlot … so use a big wine glass … a quarter fill of Red Shloer then topped with sparking water. You can get Shloer for about 1.50 lrg bottle and get 6 pack water from Aldi for Β£1.09 A saving money wise too. Lol

Stay with us Shaz Xx

Hi Gin x

That is so annoying you cant go back over the page. Always lose the post.

I know what you mean about worrying the neighbours will be upset by our animals. Lucky I have my lovely neighbour Pam who Is the Cat Lady with 4 rescue cats. Easy going Australian’s very hospital the other side so at the moment good.

How is it going for you G … how have you found this week.

I don’t expect to lose anything this week. Only one FD … decent eating and of course NO WINE. lolo Have a good day G Xx

CC I have always blamed low BP for needing to eat at regular times. As I always felt “light”… if I didn’t. Anyway better now … maybe this WOL is helping.

You sound like you are getting sorted .. love the smell of new carpet.
    Mind the cats though Lol … years ago .. while the carpet was being laid in a room my cat Tinkle was pulling the thread on the other side of the door. Lol Husband went mad and said that was it no more cats. Anyway we loved Tinkle and she lived to be 21 yrs.

Love your love of birds and animals CC. Xx

Have a good day Brit lovelies…

What defines us all is…How well we rise after falling Xx

Morning All,

Quite a bright day here this morning, although seemed quite cold in the house this morning…must of been very cold in the night.

Hemmy…..is Shloer alcoholic? I like Merlot but it won’t taste the same..will it? πŸ˜‡ …still after saying that we have both been nearly alcohol free since Xmas…maybe two bottles of wine between us and not many bedtime whiskeys. While away, Wedding Anniversary 12 years, Hubbys Birthday 67 years and Valentines Day…lots of cards to take.

Celtic…….nice to hear from you..we have Symba a 22 year old girl, very very noisy crying and howling at times, has hubby up all hours of the night demanding food or wanting playtime…going deaf now but quite well. I am glad she loves him more than me lol…she loves me when the cookers on!

Audrey……have a good FD tomorrow sounds like a better idea. Is Milana away selling, have I missed her post? Hope your back feels better this morning take care have a lazy day have a bit of TLC xx

Ginette…..the fat has always been like it..I find it strange…it goes on each side in turn as weight goes up as it also works as the weight goes off…I am surprised nobody else has noticed..unless it’s funny old me! πŸ˜‚

Shaziiii…….What a great weight loss 3 lb, I would have thoughtful food days this week and continue your FD’s as usual.

Lynda…….any news on the dress did the zip get up? …you are going well on your FDs, you will get there.

Keeptrying…..hoping you are having a good weekend…keep busy…..chin up…you will be OK we are all behind you…X

Jean X

Just had a phone call from vicky, she asked me earlier in week to have girls tomorrow then rang on Thurs to say I didn’t need to. Well change of plans again so they are coming tomorrow after church for lunch and staying till grandpa gets up. …

So I am back fasting again today, because tomorrow is going to be pasta bake charlottes favourite. … and home made biscuits. Must remember this time to send the biscuits home with them….

Have a good weekend everyone

Audrey

Morning all

Well tried dress on……ZIP…..is on the way up…..still a way to go….but this has spurred me on so keeping the dress.

Any one else having problems with logging in…..even tho I say to keep me sign in driving me nuts.

Have a good day my 5:2 buddies.

Lynda X

Lynda, ginette is having problems too. Get on to tech support they will help you….

Good news on the dress front….

Audrey

am thinking of making a baked egg custard (not tart) as a treat for this weekend
    never made it before, but love it, just wondering if it will be as nice made with skimmed milk
    anyone make this?

Audrey…have a good FD….strange as soon as you say grandchildren ..we are in the kitchen…biscuits for yours and chocolate cake with fresh cream for mine….we bend over backwards and spoil what we shouldn’t be having!

Little treasures though although one of mine is 6 foot now growing inch per month! All my little ones in US we have a whale of a time when there squashing a year into two weeks! It can be done. Still they are here in UK for 6 weeks in June…6 weeks mmmmmmm too long πŸ˜…

Have a good day with them. Xx

Lynda…good luck with the dress it’s nice to find something you like I always struggle to find something never mind to fit. We have just got a wedding night do for Easter in this mornings post….again finding something…although I am hoping for more weight off by then. Xx

Jean x

Hi Sym

It doesn’t taste like Merlot but has a nice unique flavour a bit more like a Rose. I feel like I am sitting with a drink that’s not too sweet … getting water intake too. A bottle has lasted me nearly a week. It contains 49 cals per 100ml. Will be ideal when having guests as I never like not joining them in a drink. Lol

Shloer contains no preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavourings also suitable for Vegans. Also there is a clear one for white wine drinkers. Be careful with the price as paid Β£2.20 at my village store. Need to find the best place or offers and stock up. Try it. Xx

Hi Aud

Lol your girls sound like Kristy so very changeable. Had for me as I am very stuck in routine.

Hope your day goes well’ The pasta bake sounds good do you make it all completely yourself.

Yes … send the biscuits home… better give Ian a few though. Lol Xx

Lyn Well done getting that Zip moving. You will soon get there. A bit more line dancing I reckon. Lol Xx

Hi hemmy

Our Charlotte is VERY fussy so it has to the pasta bake from aldi which is the one she first had…. any other jar and she won’t even try it….god help us if they ever change the label. ….

Audrey

KT … Egg custard sounds wonderful .. but cant answer about the skimmed milk as I only use full fat everything.

That’s since years ago a Dr on the radio talking about dieting said … it was better to eat full fat cheese .. butter .. etc as if you have low fat .. you are never satisfied and will always want more.

I believe that as for years I did low fat and ended up here. lol Of course in moderate portions of Full fat.

Egg custard mmmmm now that would be nice. Xx

Hi Aud

I stood and looked at those bakes in Aldi and wondered what they were like.

I love the name Charlotte … Is that what she answers to.. or does she get shortened to Charlie.

Kristy gets mad as she is always being called Christy … Kristal…Kirsty… very seldom by her proper name.

Our surname begins with P so she says everyone thinks she’s nuts. lol That’s why I keep calling Keeptrying KP instead of KT. Lol Old age. Xx

Hi hemmy we get the jar mix creamy tomatoe pasta bake…. it’s rather nice. .. the girls like to put the pasta on the scales to weigh it, then throw the pasta in the bowl. I mix the jar in then halfway through cooking they put the grated cheese on top and in their mouths….. hehe…

Easy cooking but a bit calorific, but try as we might she won’t eat a fresh sauce…..

Kids eh

Audrey

Hemmy….will give that a go when I get back sounds refreshing…good for the caravan.

I am with you full fat all the time….again we have been brain washed for years that’s why the country is fat!

I am back on butter, margarine I feel it’s not good for you..I read an article which said in the process it turns into caustic soda before it produces the margarine ( I put that down my outside sinks for cleaning!) they take the fat out of lots of food and sugar goes in. Even James Martin was using lard the other day..that’s another room for thought as better for you….I am taking hubby off sweetners and he is going back on sugar, a programme the other night was saying, sweetners are putting people close to stage 2 diabetic.
    Sorry you hit a nerve with me, I have gone on my soap box a bit…I am a great believer of this..

I like the saying if you can’t say it or spell it on the bottles/packets/ jars don’t use it…cook like our grandparents did….fresh as we can….I know we can’t all the time but do the best we can.

KT……We have been talking about an egg custard recently but I have never made one…Mum used to make it regularly for my Dad when I was a child with a bit of nut Meg on the top..in pastry…..are you making it without the pastry?
    We love a vanilla slice, a bit of a downfall when hubby gets his morning paper from the village shop…fortunately they get a mixed lot in so not many times when there’s two! Then it’s not to be FD!

Jean x

ah well I only have skimmed milk
    but yes I certainly prefer and use butter over marg.

symba I am avoiding the pastry – I have eaten rather a lot of custard tarts over the past year and it certainly hasn’t done me any good!!

so this is just eggs/milk/vanilla essence/a little sugar/nutmeg

funny, my mum used to cook it for my dad too, when I was small, he had a stomach ulcer and had to eat lots of ‘gentle’ foods – which I also adored

stewed fruit, egg custard, crème caramel, junket, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    no one seems to have heard of junket nowadays

KP…you will have to let us know how it works out…..I think junket is like a blancmange I may be wrong…not one of my favourites takes me back to school days.

I love to bake but I just can’t now …we can’t afford to eat it…just occasionally….maybe scones in the freezer for a treat!

You sound busy today…have a good bake πŸ˜€

Xx

yes junket is like blancmange
    but uses rennet – which I have just googled, and now I know what it is I’m not so sure I would want it.

I seem to be getting rather food obsessed, am watching loads of cooking programmes on iplayer, – probably not a good idea, unless it can fill me up ‘virtually’!!

Afternoon ladies

That’s me moved up to the summerhouse with my wii fit got heat if I need it but don’t think I will.

Bought loads of fruit from the market got hubby eating on the healthy side too told him he needs to get into a smaller waistcoat for wedding he’s up for the challenge.

Having a really good day food wise steak and salad for tea.

Lynda x

Viewing 50 posts - 2,751 through 2,800 (of 35,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.