Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,915 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 27,451 through 27,500 (of 35,402 total)

• Minols- hope it’s not too warm at yours or those Easter eggs will melt! Hope all your ideas work…
    Jean- I won’t do any jobs today, other than cooking, I have a day ‘off’ Sundays too. Sounds like you’re back in the swing of it with your jobs! Enjoy your beef…
    Dave- glad you managed to get the shopping done…keep strong! Hopefully not too many eggs?!
    Kay- did you get your oven sorted/ checked?
    Nana- good idea going out early…you must be missing all your family alot 😟
    Sarah- how’s your son?
    Mel- good to be back in the swing of ADF, enjoy today!
    Have made a pudding for son & I, low sugar, looking forward to that later! Did sit in the garden for a bit, waiting to get my prickly heat rash start!

Heidi as a sixth sense, she can be fast asleep but if I look at her, her eyes open. 😁.

Evening…

Wonderful meal it hit the spot..just one glass of wine..it’s a while since having beef..very full…

Dave ..hoping queues are not too long tomorrow..

Hedgehog…nice to have a day off..I do things as I fancy doing them…I hope your day was nice…sunny here, sitting in the garden for a bit…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Mel- are you keeping up with the ADF & fasting today? If so I hope that it goes well & you keep strong!
    I guess no one else is fasting?
    Sunny here but my rash has started again so will have to not be out too long 😣. Tried to get another Asda delivery slot at midnight last night but they all got taken straight away; hubby will brave our local shop. Youngest not managing to get stuff for us, he forgets stuff on the list! Seeing Mum this afternoon, will see what she’s wearing- she’s had the same top on everytime I’ve seen her since lockdown 😱…how do I broach that one?? She’s always said she’d want me to say something if she got like that, but…fun days!

Morning All…
    Lovely day..

Finished shopping what a nightmare!! Took me two hours at 6.30 in the morning, lots of things out of stock…two shopping bags and my milk £86!!…I would have got 8 bags in Lidl no wine too…come back grumpy and stressed…

Breakfast, cuppa, hair dry and walk…my feet are sore today….

Hedgehog..
    Are you fasting today?…a tricky one about the top…tell her she’s worn it a few times, time for a change as she has loads…best to change it more because of the virus because you and your sister are visiting her bringing germs in…just to be safe….
    Good luck on the shopping 😬..he’s good to go…

A quiet day for me unless I get a burst of energy 😂

Jean x

Morning everyone
    Fast day again today, woke up feeling less than enthusiastic about it but gave Jodie her walk and feel a bit more positive. Paul had to go out on a mission late yesterday as he phoned my stepdad who said his lady friend had not had a full prescription delivered and wouldn’t last Easter. So P jumped into action, got it sorted and picked up for her. He then delivered that plus some shopping to her (he has never met her even) to be told he had got the wrong size loaf and she actually had some medication tucked away. He then took stepdad his few bits of shopping. Apparently he doesn’t qualify for home deliveries as he has a support system (us, who live 30 miles away). Anyway the point of this ramble is that he brought home hot cross buns. Evening before a fast day. Anyway have frozen four and kept two out for us for tomorrow. I will be strong!

Morning all.

Still cloudy here, but milder than it has been. No melted eggs, HH!

Got myself completely confused as to what I’d uploaded from my phone, what I’d posted on FB and scheduled ahead, and what I’d sent to the blokey who is putting things ont eh website…think I’ve got it sorted now – but I shall be glad to finish tomorrow for a week!

And I’ve just learnt a new skill – too late for all the Easter stuff, but when I come back, I now know how to take a bit of ffotage and add sound to it. Been really struggling, cos when I’m filming and recording at the same time, if I get my words muddled up (every time!) do I just let it go, or do I start again and lose all the lovely footage! So I’ll spend the holidays taking lots of silent film of trees and flowers…and then I can add voiceover to them when I need them…that’s the plan, anyway!

I got to our Tesco when it opened at 8 this morning – not too long a queue. All very calm and civilised! Don’t know what it’s like during the week. And the butchers is my only other shop. Forgot pastry, so when we run out of sausage rolls that’s it for the boy this week! Although I probably could rustle up some homemade just this once!

OH is perfecting his pizza bread technique today…!

Mx

My son is very good at doing videos and adding commentary or music. A couple of girls in London do a podcast and send him things to edit for them.I am watching a program on C5 all about chocolate, I am drooling while watching it 🤤🤤🤤. It shows toblerones being made and how smmarties were the first, they were invented in France. Another sunny day here again, I hope people stay indoors.

Afternoon…
    Just sat sitting…coming round now, I have been watching James Martin making fishcakes haven’t made them for a long time..must buy some haddock and make some they freeze well…they are so tasty..

Washing to hang out not doing much more…

Mel..
    Keep strong give fd a go…Paul is very good sorting people out he doesn’t know, even if he bought the wrong size loaf 😂 bless…a long way to go to help his step dad, is there no one near to help him…

Minols…
    Sounds all very confusing high tec stuff…Tesco did my head in very stressful this morning..I can mange for three weeks now but it will be Aldi next…Tesco is so expensive…sorry Mel…

Dave..
    I always thought Smarties was ours..Rowntrees then Nestle bought them out…

Jean x

Have we lost Steve again??

Minols it must be much cooler up there where you are as there is no way I could keep choc in the car here!

Not much I can do today, my tiny garden is tidied up for now and I cant get any plants to fill in the gaps just yet. Just moving a few things around!
    Will have to get the hose out later as although its meant to get cloudy I dont think rain is forecast.

Im not fasting but Im going to try and keep a check on what I shovel in my mouth!

So far I have had a small piece of sourdough bread with marmite on.
    Black coffees and squash.

I do have my kitchen bins outside with soapy water in, so thats a job for today!
    And I want to finish my book so I can start on another.

Neils working lates again today so billy no mates again!

Hope everyone ok x

Hi all, yes Jean I think I will be ok on fast day today, I am pretty good on ADF knowing tomorrow I can have wine and hot cross buns. My step dad has no one else, he and my mum never did ‘friends’. His two children live in New Zealand and Australia. I use Tesco as nearest Aldi is even further away. I am a bad girl, my favourite is Waitrose, they make it a nice ‘shopping experience’. Wide parking spaces too. I am a very bad maneuverer. 😔
    Enjoying sitting in the sun reading my book.

Jean smarties were invented in France, the one who made them came over to rowntrees to try and sell them some but Rowntrees said we want you, so he started work on them at Rowntrees. The were called chocolate beans,later they were rebranded Smarties.

Mel- well done keeping strong on your FD! & well done to Paul for doing the shopping trip, & being patient with difficult oldies!
    Jean- hope your feet improve…shame about the stressful shopping trip.
    Kay- hope you can keep strong while Neil’s at work…
    Dave- why are you tormenting yourself watching programmes about chocolate?!
    Minols- hope everything’s sorted & works okay…hope the pizza is good!
    Sarah- where are you, hope everything’s okay?
    Walk was sunny but too crowded this morning. Hubby only went to our little local Costcutter, we’ll manage with what we get there, & not going to the really busy Tesco or Aldi. Not got anything done off my list of jobs but have done normal cleaning & a huge pile of ironing. Thankfully mum had a clean t shirt on, yay! Having gone round in circles about getting bedding plants she finally decided what she wanted so have ordered some. Hubby’s last pizza eaten tonight, he only likes the ones you get nade at asda, can’t get them any more now. I have my keto one I make myself. Might have a day off keto tomorrow for some chocolate!

I had watched enough Midsomer murders so changed the channel 😁. Now all the talk is of cakes so struggling now. All I can see it’s cake and chocolate 😭😭😭.

A-ma-zing pizza! Quite glad I married him…
    Mx

Happy Easter, everybody! May there be moments of difference today.

Off for a run in the cool clear air.

Mx

Happy Easter everyone

At last son has picked up and seems on the mend. Epic fast fails at the moment. Going to take a little break from forum and whatsapp and avoid any talk of chocolate or cake to try to get head back in the game….enjoy the sun today

Morning All..
    Happy Easter everyone….

Late start for me quite tired…Steve having rough nights again possibly keeping me in disturbed sleep.

Running the vacuum through down stairs flicking a duster..stretching to call it a clean…having a stirring look for a walk, in another 10 mins we will go…

Kay..
    Still a few jobs here..good idea to wash the bins mine could do with a wash…summer clothes still need sorting…I shall still fast tomorrow ..I think…..

Mel..
    You are doing well on AFDs…you have your head around it ..

Dave..
    Interesting on smarties…we do like them don’t we 😂

Hedgehog..
    My corn is looking a lot better…soaking my feet and putting cream on has helped a lot, each day…I have taken some ibuprofen for my toes see if it improves, goes against my tablet views…
    Glad your mum changed her top got you out of a tricky situation..a trip to Asda for a pizza or are they not making them now?..we needed a few different things from Tesco..ok for a while now…

Minols..
    Hubby makes pizza…very good…enjoy your run this morning..

Sarah…
    I understand how you can sometimes need a break…don’t disappear….come back….I sometimes turn my bell off if I am doing something it can be distracting when it’s busy…😀

Walk time..I have a bouncing boy this morning….

Jean x

Sarah..
    Glad your sons picked up it must of been quite a worry…

Take care x

Happy Easter everyone,dull here today the sun is trying to break through. Definitely a high calorie day today.Feeling hungry already so I may have a bacon butty.

Just realised I’ve not been on today…went out at 7am with Xena for a long walk, we were out over 2 hrs, was lovely in the sun though. Don’t think it’ll make up for the chocolate that will get eaten today though!
    Sarah- glad you’re okay & son improving! I’ll be fasting tomorrow with Jean, hopefully not too much talk of goodies then!
    Jean- hope the toes improve, sometimes a few days of ibuprofen can settle things down, worth trying. Shame Steve’s not had good night’s again- is he off the sleeping tablets now? Hubby only likes the fresh pizzas they make, that’s stopped now, so wouldn’t do a trip there, too busy & risky I think.
    Dave- enjoy the bacon butty! & your chocolate..
    Minols- glad the pizza was good! Thought it was men the way to their hearts was through their stomachs?! Enjoy your ‘holiday’ now!
    Hope everyone else is okay?

Afternoon All..

I have done some ironing and the down stairs cleaning…they are long days…not very warm here ok if you are moving about..

Hedgehog..
    Yes the sleeping tablets finished I think he got 4 good nights out of the 14 tablets..so didn’t really work well..he will speak to hospital on Wednesday see if they can help…I think the ibuprofen is helping my toes only had them a couple of days…..nice you got a good walk this morning…

Kay..
    What are you going to do with the jar of caramel sauce?…it’s interesting but very calorific 😂…only two weeks to eat it….will Neil eat his share…

Jean x

Warm here not had heating on all last week.No coat on when I took Heidi out. 17°C now here so warm.Denise as got Death on the Nile on TV, so I washed the pots and looking for something to do. Think I will lay down with Heidi and go to sleep.

Just back from a lovely walk at our local country park, which is actually a wood. I can walk down the village and across a couple of fields to it. No one there at all, walked up to the car park and not a single car. Back across more fields. Just saw one couple with two labs in front of me. Very peaceful.

Not a fast day today, had my favourite oatcakes with marmite for breakfast, scrambled egg and Potato waffles for lunch and our butchers sausages with SW rice and chilli bean recipe will be for dinner. Then maybe ….. chocolate. Oh forgot to mention the hot cross bun (buttered). Oh well tomorrow is another fast day.

We will miss Sarah 😕. Hope she comes back when feeling more like it.
    Happy Easter everyone.

Morning all!
    Got woken early by Xena, youngest had been up & gone early to work, I think she wanted company! Gloomy here today, looks dry outseide even though we had heavy rain in the evening. We watched Angel Has Fallen, a good actiin film…
    Ate far too much yesterday, so definitely fasting, 800 cals but will do a few days in a row.
    Have a good day all!

Morning all
    Got the kitchen sorted yesterday – tipper!
    Been having trouble facing big jobs, so broke so wrote a whole load of wee jobs down on scraps, put them in a bowl and got the boy to pick one out…didn’t really want to do any of them but really needed to achieve something.
    Cleaning the hob and extractor area came out so I got stick into that…and that led to the cupboards…and several hours later it had lead all round the kitchen. I LOVE a clear work surface…but that’s just not my life so I’m going to enjoy it just now!

Feels so good to have got one room done. Get rid of some stuff, discovered some stuff. Chuffed!

I think I’ll do something similar today…and if I only get the ‘starter’ chore done then at least that’s something!

If you’re fasting – good luck!

Mx

Morning All…
    Cloudy here 2 degrees..winter coat back out and over trousers, Charlie’s coat too I had put it away…

Cooking Charlie’s chicken meals for the freezer, must think of other things to do. I am fasting today…eaten too much…think before I open my mouth…

Mel..
    It sounded a lovely walk you did, good not seeing anyone…park walk for us this morning..feeling village bound and 4 wall fever!

Hedgehog..
    Son always such an early start..Xena needed cuddles….have a good low day…

Minols..
    What a lovely idea a pot full of jobs…we could all join you…then they might all get finished..add few nice things to do, cup of tea, walk, run what ever you fancy …

Jean x

Morning Everyone, much cooler here today sun is out but a cold wind .Didn’t see anyone at all on our walk today but early yesterday moment there were lots of cyclists and joggers plus a few dog walkers. We we’re walking towards a young woman with her dog with a lovely wide gap between us yesterday and this jogger just ran straight between us she couldn’t wait until we’d passed the dog walker. So selfish and she wasn’t someone from the village makes me so angry.
    Hedgehogs husband very quiet this morning 🙄
    Jean am planning on having a low day today going to make a shepherds pie with some of the leftover lamb from yesterday.
    Hope Sarah comes back soon this forum is a great place to get things off your chest and also encouragement and advice.
    Minols impressed with the chores.
    Have a good day everyone whether fasting or not.
    Nana x

Nana…
    Our park was very empty but so cold…Oreo and the two huskies there, played very well for a hour..Charlie sleeping now….I didn’t realise how much dogs sleep unless he’s a lazy boy….

The runners are naughty, when running you think they would give way a bit, going around the park, each give way once, would be good..How can you put your lamb into a pie.. sacrilege ..on a plate with roasties for us with the gravy what’s left…😂..hoping hubby hasn’t a head on this morning, sounds like a good meal…

Ring daughter then see what jobs I can do….

Have a good day..

Jean x

Good morning. Sunny here but not as warm, will have a cuppa then take Heidi out. No fast day today still got an egg to eat so will change to tomorrow for my first FD.Might read a bit more of the book Jo recommended.

Minols your famous on here now I put your video on our fb’s WhatsApp page 😁.fb’s(fat busting Brits).Just got tomorrow’s shopping list not decided if I will do it or Denise.Its so boring this lockdown, don’t know what to do next ☹️☹️☹️.

Minols- not much of a holiday, doing the cleaning but I guess it has to be done…sounds like you did well getting the whole kitchen done! Hope there’s some nice stuff planned too…How is your Mum managing with the lockdown?
    Nana- hope hubby’s not getting any sympathy! Although he did still cook dinner!
    Jean- cold here & coats out again too, needed my hat as well! Dogs are supposed to sleep alot, it’s not Charlie being lazy! Enjoy the peace!
    Dave- enjoy your egg today & not fasting! Is the book good?
    Mel- hope your FD goes well!
    The walk with Xena was quieter today thankfully! Except she needed a wash down to get rid of the fox poo, grotty thing! Had lots of clearing up to do from yesterday’s cooking so not had time to tackle much, one food cupboard cleared out, & have done an online order for nuts & seeds for me! Seaweed eaten for lunch, off to Mum’s shortly…

Not read much yet but it seems quiet good. Nana hope your gentle with your other half 😁.Turned telly back on for the news.

Getting quite hungry now…having soup tonight. An hour to go…
    Everyone else doing okay?

I have read 1/4 of the book.Very interesting, will see if there’s anything new as I move through it. Chocolate tonight then fast tomorrow.

Evening All..
    I have had a good fast day until someone left a food parcel on our door step..I really don’t like hot cross buns, temptation of chocolate and caramel interesting, just one, delicious so 500 cals became 700 cal day.. worth it.

I made two face masks today as Steve is going to hospital tomorrow for blood tests…a quick 5 min make easy pattern mask???…er 2 hours later two made 😱..look ok though…

Birmingham hospital has tested all staff 50% have tested positive that’s a worry!

Hedgehog..
    Fox poo 😱 we have not come across anything he fancy’s rolling in..as yet…I have had full winter gear on today really cold…Steve had a ride to the park but stayed in the car, feeling housebound!..Charlie sleeping now possibly till I kick him out for his bed time toilet and then to bed and morning toilet, lazy mutt.

Dave..
    Glad the E book is interesting…saving my chocolate for tomorrow..

Jean x

Jean it’s the mask good? They don’t tell you about half the staff being positive on the news, keeping that quiet. It’s worth a read for£1.I have put it on my laptop so when Denise had Midsomer murders on I read the book 😁. Will scoff the egg tonight then get down to fasting again.

Evening!
    Jean- if you & Steve wear masks you need to keep them on- if you take them on & off you could put the virus on it with your hands, & could get the virus then on your face. Plus if you take it off & there’s any virus about in the air, it could het on the inside of the mask, then when you put the mask back on you’d bring it even closer to your mouth & nose…so don’t fiddle with it once it’s on! The virus can get into your body through your eyes too, so wear glasses too if you can.
    Terrible about the staff numbers positive in hospital, we know of a couple of people who’ve caught it in hospital like Dave’s friend. But hopefully you won’t be in too long tomorrow…
    Dave enjoy that egg!
    Fasting okay, but soup was a bit grim, I added a bit too much stock so it was runnier than I usually make it 😬

I think the jurys still out on the benefit of masks but it cant harm, as long as not touched at all until hands can be washed etc

Bit of normality tomorrow, Im back in the shop tomorrow afternoon.

Going to be a chilly night again tonight so dont anticipate it being warm tomorrow in the day, although if it can be a bit less windy, that would be ok. No storm or rain here, should have watered the garden this evening but forgot. Will have to do it in the morning.

Still cant hold of a reasonably priced freezer, hopefully deliveries will start coming through soon!

One slice of choc tart left each for tomorrow, then I can fast on Wednesday.
    Easter eggs not opened but they can wait. All the little bags of choccie eggs are open, as I used them on the tart, but I need to forget about them for a bit…lol

Looks like lockdown isnt going to be tightened which is something. Although doesnt look like we will see things relaxed anytime soon either.

We’ve started watching The Nest, saw the first 2 episodes this evening, will try and watch the rest over the next couple of nights. Much prefer to binge watch a series over a few nights so I remember whats happening!

We have eaten all the salad we had, so we will have to resort to frozen veg as I dont want to have to go out shopping, just for fresh veg/salad. Our local shop might have some in tomorrow but I know the delivery didnt come in on Saturday morning as planned.

Almost half way through April!

Sadly the VE celebrations will have to be postponed. Wonder if there is anything that can be done that marks the occasion whilst adhering to social distancing?

Have we lost Steve, typh00, again??
    Hope Sarah comes back soon too.

Minols, hope you are cracking on with your jobs ready for your break.

Kay x

Egg devoured so can concentrate on fasting again. I must try harder now, I have finished reading the book, Not learned a great deal from it, nothing new anyway. But it was ok.

Morning all!
    Jean- hope your hospital trip goes okay…
    Kay- hope your stint in the shop goes well & you get a delivery- deliveries are hit & miss for big shops still too. It is hard with juggling food & not wanting to shop too much. Hope the last bit of tart is good!
    Dave- hope you can find something to do today & your FD goes okay.
    Minols- have a good & productive day!
    Hope everyone else is okay.
    Another FD for me, although both boys are at home so lots of food will be being made & eaten 😬

My son said they are selling off Easter eggs very cheap at Tesco,giant ones£4 instead of 15 large ones£1.But I won’t be bothering 😇😇😇😇.Fast day today and shopping day, Denise said she would do the shopping but I said no, so she’s doing the ironing.A sunny day again, hardly had any rain since we came back from Lanzarote ☀️☀️☀️.

All quiet on here!
    Dave- well done ignoring the chocolate, definitely 😇⭐..son’s girlfriend bought some smaller ones for 18p at her Tescos! Hope your FD is going okay & you get all the shopping…
    Had a good walk with Xena- nobody about again. Cleaned out one small cupboard- found some chilli powder dated 2002 so that’s gone out 😂 Neck is not good again today so have done a bit of cleaning but not tackling anything much. Fasting going okay though, despite the chocolate trifle son bought sitting in the fridge & cooking for the boys…

Afternoon All…
    Running late I forgot to come on…

Blood test done everything ok for tomorrow’s treatment, the nurses are wearing full kit now so feel much happier…Steve just wore the mask going in and coming out but no one about…the ward is the first near the main doors, they moved to that ward as Steve went last time..

Hedgehog..
    I know what you mean about the mask but we feel much safer, only in close areas with people. The world is wearing them it’s only here because there’s none for sale, a doctor told our friend to wear one so much different advice about…they were giving them out on transport in London yesterday..
    Hope not too much cooking today if you have a full house…

Kay..
    Have a good day at the shop hope you get some deliveries…I must admit to missing fresh stuff, fruit especially for me….I think it will continue as we are another three weeks I suppose…then it will be a worry where you can go safely when we are free to go out.

Dave..
    Always nice to read on a different slant always comes back to the same…take exercise and lower intake of calories …it’s the choice of which way suits you….good job I am isolating could be tempted to cheap chocolate eggs…

Minols..
    Hoping you are working through your pot of jobs….😀…love your garden, lovely sermon with the bird’s chirping, listening while Steve went for his blood test…

Jean x

Jean- glad the appt. went okay & you didn’t bump into anyone…I think masks are good as long as people don’t fiddle with them I’d wear one if I went out.
    My nephew has got a job picking asparagus- he’s like my youngest & gets bored very easily, he’ll still get his furlough pay from the restaurant as well. Anyway, he did a short trial session & got paid in asparagus, so has given me some, so I’ll have lots of that for dinner tonight!

Long queue again at Sainsbury’s, then not many in when I got inside.Got most of what I wanted.Fast day going ok only had 2 cups of tea.No masks for sale anywhere.

Evening everyone, a successful FD today for me except for being really cold so at lunchtime Ihad a cup of soup to warm myself up already had evening meal and have come in at 650 calories but not holding my breath for a good result on the scales tomorrow morning.
    Jean glad hospital appointment went well today and let’s hope tomorrow goes as well.
    Hedgehogs lovely to have asparagus it’s one of my favourites – remember when we had the grandsons staying with us for a couple of days when they were aged about 7 and 5 and I took them to our local greengrocers and whilst in the queue waiting to pay the youngest one who’s now in the army pointed to and named the asparagus and said do you like to eat that Nanny and I said yes and then he said in a really loud voice that makes your wee smell funny much to the amusement of everyone around me.
    Careful day eating wise planned for tomorrow and then another FD on Thursday.

Have a good evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Well done Nana! Hope the scales are kind tomorrow, but I think even staying the same at the moment is a success with being stuck in…lol, your grandson! Impressive that they ate asparagus at that age!
    Dinner eaten, might be a bit over as I had a couple of squares of my keto plain chocolate this afternoon, a bit miserable & bored with my neck playing up 😬.
    Dave- keep strong!

Going for a FD tomorrow, calling today a low day. Won’t be alot over today but still over. Debating if I should get on the scales tomorrow just to check, probably gained again, will wait and see.

Morning All…
    Up at 6 am to go to hospital Steve has now found out it’s tomorrow!! Just presumed it was three weeks every Wednesday..men!

So all changed today..looks like a lovely day, go later to park when the suns up…

Hedgehog..
    Hope your necks easier today, take it easy..

Nana..
    As HH staying the same would be good or will you get your 1/2 pound off..

Dave..
    Good you got all your shopping..

Have a good day…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 27,451 through 27,500 (of 35,402 total)

You must be logged in to reply.