Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,957 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 1 hour ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 27,501 through 27,550 (of 35,444 total)

• Morning all!
    Jean- that’s a pain! But at least a nice bright day to be up early, enjoy the sun! Neck seems better today, thanks. Tried a different pillow last night!
    Dave- hope the scales are nice to you if you do brave them! Hooe your FD goes well…
    Kay- how was the shop yesterday, does it get busy? Must be lovely to have that in your village! Hope you got stock in…
    Nana- hope your scales are sympathetic too!
    Mel- are you fasting today? Keep strong if you are…
    Minols- enjoy your day off…
    NonFD for me, kept dreaming about breakfast all night!

Morning,up early today.Yet again another sunny day here ☀️☀️.It will make it difficult fasting being up early but will see how it goes. Didn’t brave three scales 😬.My neck is a little stiff, I keep changing pillows, Denise had 3 pillows I have 2 and sometimes only 1.Will make a brew then take the beast out for a walk.

Morning Everyone, well scales revealed no loss but no gain either so I’m happy with that.
    Jean at least you didn’t get to the hospital before finding out it was the wrong day.
    Heard this morning that one of my cousins was taken in to hospital on Monday with breathing problems and they tested her for covid19 and it’s come back positive so am a bit upset about that as my sister and I used to spend our school holidays playing with her when we were young.
    Have a good day everyone whether fasting or not.
    Nana x

Hi everyone!
    I’m back for my biannual check in… Weighed myself and I’m slightly above the upper end of the weight range I like to fall in. So I’m back on 5:2 to get down into the lower end where I feel more comfortable. I find it’s always a good reminder to be more mindful.

I had a beautiful Christmas and then jetted off to South America straight after. I travelled all over Argentina, then went into Brazil, spending Carnaval in Rio. It’s madder than I even imagined, with non-stop street parties and SO much fun. And somehow winded up working in the hostel reception.

Things aren’t too affected over there at the moment. You might have heard the president not undertaking many measures… Rightly or wrongly he believes more people will die from starvation through strict measures than through the virus… Anyway, most people over there were still doing normal things but restaurants and touristy things were shut. So it was a waiting game, really, and despite being shacked up with a gorgeous Brazilian I decided to come back a few weeks ago. I’ll be back when all this passes! In the meantime I’ve started working in a hospital. Nice to feel useful!

Not read much of the thread yet but saw your message Nana. Sad news and sending you all well wishes.

Hope the rest of you are all getting on alright in these weird times xx

Welcome back, nice to hear from you Endellion. Had a nice walk with Heidi, such a lovely day warm and sunny, lots of dog walkers and runners about. Heidi must have met 20 different dogs. She’s on her bed panting now 😁.Fast going ok just 2 cups of tea up to now.

Afternoon…
    Nana- so sorry to hear about your cousin; hope she pulls through, a worry for you.
    Endellion- sounds like you’ve been having a great time! Shame you’ve had to come back, hope that it’s not too long before you can return…hopefully won’t take you too long to lose some weight either! We do have a WhatsApp group going now to share photos, let me know if you want to join in with that!
    Dave- a lovely walk, glad you could get out somewhere nice, hope it wasn’t too crowded!
    Jean- hope you’ve had a productive day with all that extra time?!
    Our walk was good too, just a couple of people to pass. Sis popped over & left us (at a distance!) hollandaise sauce made by chef nephew- that’ll save me making my own later!- & eggs as a friend had given her loads! So more asparagus & poached eggs for me tonight! Cleaning done, might sit outside in the sun for a bit. Hubby has to go to the bank, he’s got a mask but it took both of us to work out how it fitted!

Afternoon…
    We seem to be eating a lot of things we shouldn’t…I think being in all the time, possibly out of boredom..

Hedgehog..
    Hoping the different pillow helped, it’s uncomfortable if in pain…

Dave..
    Another with a sore neck, hope you got comfy….have a good fast day…

Nana..
    Good you stayed the same..I think I will find it difficult…sorry to hear on your cousin, hope she goes on ok another worry…

Endellion..
    Lovely to have you back…very exciting times for you, very busy travelling…keep safe while working in the hospital…

Jean x

Evening!
    Jean- thanks, the pillow was a bit better so neck alot easier today. Hope you had a nice catch up with your daughter!
    Dave- how’s the FD going?
    Mel- are you fasting today?
    Didn’t sit out for long, too noisy & hubby came home early as the bank were closed- he’d checked before he went too as they’re not open every day! Dinner was lovely, but I managed to split the sauce, warmed it a bit too much, better not tell my nephew that!

Evening …
    I am fasting tomorrow…up early to go to hospital for 9am then I shall go straight to our park for a walk. I will be late posting..

I have done bitty jobs today a pile of birthday cards needed writing and some posting, food list to the local shop for delivery. Chatted to my neighbour at a distance. Lunch..Time flies. A bit of jigsaw then daughter arrived, she stayed for 30 mins, a lovely catch up and then walk time…dinner…day over…

Hedgehog..
    I hope you get some sleep tonight with the right pillow…nothing like pain…my toes are giving me grief must get on the ibuprofen again think it helped..

Jean x

Fast day ok think I have gone 40 calories over so not bad. Minols where are you?

Morning All…

I am fasting today..shortly leaving for the hospital and then going to the park…

Speak later Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- hope it goes okay this morning & doesn’t take too long…I guess hospital cafes are closed so no temptations there!
    Dave- are you aiming for another lowish day?
    Where is everyone else? Getting thin on the ground now (as opposed to just getting thin, I wish!!)
    Fasting today, an 800 day though, hopefully can do a couple in a row again…usual day planned- a walk, some jobs & seeing Mum this afternoon.

Just lost my post….grrr

Jean, hope the hospital visit goes ok

HH, sounding strong with the 800s

Fasting today! Fluids only until later on. I can do this 😱

Stay strong fasters.
    Non fasters, plan your next fd!

X

Lovely when roads are so quiet, 30 mins instead of about 50 mins…walk at park everyone was running late so caught up with Oreo and huskies for one round…and continued on for a sniffing round on our own…

Could really do to push to do a few jobs, when you are in for ever tomorrow always seems a better option 😂…

Thought I might make Steve a rice pud for tonight, one I have no tins in as forgotten to buy..his favourite and I seem to have a lot of milk 😱…not my thing at all so all safe on a fast day…fuss him up for a bit later.

Hedgehog..
    No cafes open, I am missing them…thought I would get on home turf for walking, safer…have a good 800 day…

Kay..
    Got to be strong for fluids only…are you eating later?….

Seems to be lacking in people….hope you are all still fasting!!…no excuses on holidays!!…Must move…

Jean x

I don’t know what day it will be today foodwise.I have had 658 calories up to now, that was breakfast and 3 drinks. Whatever it is it will be under my TDEE.Yet again a lovely sunny day, who says it always rains in Manchester ☀️☀️☀️.

Fluids only so far, just a splash of milk in my last coffee.
    I will eat later, something with salad.

Sunshine in Manchester again Dave!!

Jean…glut of milk…lol

x

If the weather stays like this people will be coming on holiday here 😲😜😁.Minols where are you, come in down.

Afternoon…
    No rice pud made..I must of thrown my pudding rice away…mended my giraffe which fell on the floor twice, quite upset as it came from my daughter who bought it for me in Africa, sentimental to me…looks nearly ok a bit of black shoe polish across the joins tomorrow ..good as new, nearly…

Steves all done and home..we have to go again tomorrow as he needs two pints of blood, it will take about 4 hours….his red cells are really low making him breathless and tired (like anemia)

Fast day going ok, egg and bacon for tonight…

Kay..
    Well done on your liquid day..hope alls going well..we will enjoy our food tonight..

Jean x

Evening everyone, have had a good FD and as it was such a lovely day we had Heck sausages done on the BBQ with some mashed potato and onion cakes. Using up the potatoes and onions Dave. Next FD Monday. My sister messaged me this morning to say that Iceland open their delivery slots around 10am and so I went on their website and got a slot right away for tomorrow morning between eight and ten. I’ve included fruit, vegetables and salad stuff so hopefully it’ll arrive as our neighbours went to the fruit and veg shop in the next village and only got half of what they wanted.
    Kay,Jean and anyone else who have completed a FD well done. Jean shame about the rice pudding and hope Steve gets on alright tomorrow with his transfusion.
    Latest news on my cousin is that she’s showing signs of a slight recovery so 🤞 Have a good evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Evening!
    Nana- that’s great that cousin is improving a bit…well done getting an Iceland slot, hope you get everything! Fd dinner sounds lovely!
    Jean-shame Steve has to go back tomorrow, but he’ll feel loads better with a blood transfusion. Well done on the FD!
    Kay- well done on your FD, you’re doing great!
    Dave- glad that the weather has been good for you 🌞
    Mum’s got herself another Sainsburys slot- tomorrow! She was struggling to think of what to get, so helped her with that & got some more bits for us.
    FD gone well.

I have bought 3 washable masks, Incase the time comes where we all have to ware one. Some countries with the lowest death rate all ware them.

Morning everyone!
    I did brave the scales this morning & it’s not good! 2lbs on over Easter & son’s birthday, which wete nonketo, & that’s with 3 x 800 cal FDs this week! I am not good at maintaining!! So another FD for me, will have to be 800cals. And next week I’ll get a grip & try to be stricter 😟.
    Hope scales are nicer to anyone else who braves them!
    Jean- hope the hospital appt. goes smoothly & Steve feels lots better afterwards!
    Anyone got anything good planned today ?! Hubby up early for a change so we’ll take Xena out earlier. I have to do an online safeguarding course for Homestart as the course was cancelled, hmm that doesn’t appeal, maybe wait for a rainy day! We were looking at growing seeds & sprouty seeds last night for extra fresh stuff- has anyone done much of that? Somebody from here posted pics on our WhatsApp group, but can’t remember who it was!
    Hope we’re not all very depressed at 3 more weeks of lockdown- it’s not exactly a surprise!!

Morning All…
    A lovely morning…we went over over the fields for a change…going shortly to drop Steve off ..

Scales this morning 😱😱😱😱…1 lb on last week and another 1 lb on this week..lock down isn’t suiting….last time Steve had his knees done we put All our weight back on…this needs nipping in the bud…fasting again today!
    We had a chocolate hamper, delicious, my cakes, Natalie brought a box of cakes too, wine, over the last two weeks it soon shows…

Nana..
    Good news on your cousin..food slots round here seems impossible…might try Iceland when I am low, you are lucky it all helps..

Hedgehog..
    Your mum too with a food slot..it really does help…looks like we are both holding our hands to move this weight 😱

I did mixed cress last year to add to salads, my lettuce never did much..although it was on my kitchen windowsill…in a hotel we saw mixed micro salad stuff in the restaurant growing I thought it was a good idea…maybe it’s more me, might try again now the caravan has gone, I can give more TLC.

Dave..
    Good idea on the masks, even if you don’t wear them.

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Afternoon..
    I have got moving a bit…decided first job to clean my sewing basket so untidy and collecting all bits and pieces ..every time I move it everything falls out..done.
    Ham on for tonight’s dinner will have it cold with salad…cooking.
    Sorting and changing my summer and winter wardrobe about….winter going away in boxes…er seeing what fits ..it should! 😂
    I need some clothes shopping when it all opens…new tee shirts and underwear..I was just going to buy it as Steve started and then lock down…

He’s about half way done now…I haven’t heard from him..he was hoping to get some sleep…

I shall have another half a hour sorting then cuppa time…I haven’t had anything to eat, might have a boiled egg..

Minols..
    You have not been about…all ok?….are you still working through your work pot tickets?…

Jean x

Jean- glad I’m not the only one who’s put some on! Could you imagine how quickly it could go back on if we weren’t fasting?! I’m sure you’ll soon loose yours!
    Fasting going okay today, kept busy enough. Just having a cuppa now, would be nice to have something with it! Cleared out some photos, cupboard much more sorted & tidy, need some more albums though…found a nice one of dad to go in a frame, been meaning to do that for ages, trouble finding a good one of him though…he was always eating or sleeping in most of them! Popping a meal round to Mum’s in a bit, & have had a run round the garden playing with Xena.

Afternoon everyone, not much to report as every day seems to be the same at the moment. Very pleased with my Iceland order only 1 item on my list was unavailable but it’s so nice to have a full fruit bowl and fresh veg and salad stuff. Going to have the last of our take away curries from the freezer shortly and am pleased to say that they are reopening for take away collection as from tonight.
    Jean and Hedgehogs am sure those pounds gained will soon be despatched.
    Be safe everyone.
    Nana x

Evening All..

Sorted my wardrobe out..looks like I have sorted It before for charity shop as it was quite easy…one pair of trousers were too big so put them away..three pairs which were too tight now fit so that’s good. Quite happy really. Need some new dressy tops for a change, tee shirts and undies a spending spree when we can..

Just river walk tonight but it is a nightmare with other people about, the weeds and nettles doesn’t make easy walking, it’s not going to be cut due to the virus so no choice it’s going to have to be the park every time…

Hedgehog
    A low day for me, Steve wanted chips I couldn’t resist, at least I didn’t bake like I intended..I have ordered some cress seeds, lots of seeds not for sale what I wanted, one site said September..lovely you have found a good photo of your dad to go in a frame, we never seem to take any of ourselves I don’t take a good photo.

Nana..
    We are all the same all doing the same things..we ring the daughters and there’s not much to say as no ones doing anything…I am missing fresh fruit and crusty bread. Good you got your Iceland order..

Dave..
    How’s the lemon drizzle cake…tasty..😀

Jean x

Nana- glad you got your order, shame no white wine for you!
    Jean- how’s Steve? Good on the clothes fitting! Son was saying that all the clothes in the clothes bank for charity at work will all be binned & will actually cost the charity, because they can’t be sure they’re not contaminated 😟
    Dave- how’s the cake?!
    Dropped dinner off to mum & stayed for a cuppa as she’s really fed up at another 3 weeks of lockdown. She keeps forgetting that we’re all on it, not just over 70s! Just got home & then her Sainsburys order came 2 hrs early! So went back for it…I’d ordered spinach, but she thought it was hers, so let her have it, hopefully son can get me some!
    Dinner eaten now, can sit for a bit!

Endellion, great to see you here and hear about your adventures!
    Hopefully get down the scales a bit before heading off again.

Jean, good that today went ok for Steve and hopefully he will feel better from it.

HH, surely the virus only lives on fabric for certain time even if there was contamination?
    Your mum and the spinach made me giggle!

So yesterday I had a successful FD 800.
    Today I gave in to an easter egg 😂

Fasting again tomorrow.

Got up early this meaning as new freezer was being delivered and I needed to shuffle the old one out into the garage! So then I decided to make a start on the spring cleaning…4 hours later…a third of the kitchen done 😀
    To be continued tomorrow!

The sharpei rescue fb page posted some pictures of a dog in need of adopting, but I thought adoptions would be on hold at the mo, there certainly havent been any posts for the past few weeks.
    Dont think it would class as essential travel to the police. I tried phoning this evening but no reply but I’ll try again tomorrow.

Neils mum seems to be better today.
    Apparantly she was trying to join in with the 8pm clapping through her window and then got short of breath. Paramedics wanted to take her in to hospital but she didnt want to go. She was better when they left her.

Im impressed with Dave making a lemon cake. You will have to share the recipe!
    Looked good.

I guess Minols is having her well earned week off now?

Kay x

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lemon-drizzle-cake
    Trying not to scoff it all. It tastes lovely.

Morning All..
    Tried to have a later start as quite tired…cloudy day…

Walk shortly ..Charlie is asking to go..cuppa and hair dry first….

Hedgehog..
    Shame on the spinach…my sisters the same, the only one on lock down and her son won’t let her go out!!..she is lacking in phoning too, no idea why…we are 12 weeks in lock down, such a long time…

Kay..
    How far is the dog away?…if the dog needs re homing it’s essential, I suppose it depends how far to travel….strange I have never seen one in our area, I then saw a black one at the park then next day a honey one …
    Glad the freezers arrived and you will have it sorted now..good job Neils mum is a lot better too, a worry when they are on their own….
    Keep busy with your spring cleaning 😀..

Dave..
    Has the cake gone now 😂…good job I haven’t a lemon…

Jean x

Morning Everyone, woke up to rain here this morning after sleeping in a bit like you have today Jean – I’m not really an early morning person but ever since Monday have been getting up at 6 and out for our walk by 7 to avoid the ever increasing number of walkers around.
    Been chatting to daughter just now and Poppy is in bad books as she managed to clear a fence in the back garden into their next door neighbours garden yesterday evening a bit unfortunate as the neighbour doesn’t like dogs. Son in law been meaning to put a trellis in that particular part of the fence as it’s not quite as high as the other fencing because their used to be a large conifer tree planted but they removed it because it was blocking a fair bit of light into the garden. Guess what his jobs going to be when he gets in from work today.
    Kay daughter has put me on Labrador Facebook page and a lot of people have been showing off new puppies that they’ve been and collected since the lockdown. Hopefully you’ll be able to collect a rescue soon.
    Have a good day everyone whether fasting or not and keep safe.
    Nana x

Morning everyone,still got some cake left😬.A dull cool day here today, having a cuppa then take Heidi out.The house next door is now up for sale so hope we get a good neighbors.

Morning all!
    Kay- hope you get the freezer sorted, good excuse for spring cleaning! A worry with Neils Mum…Hope the Easter egg was good! I would’ve thought if a dog needed a home that badly it could be classed as essential, presumably they wouldn’t put them on the site/ page if they weren’t allowed to do rehoming? I’m not sure about how long the virus can stay on fabric, it can stay alive for days on some surfaces…so best to wash clothes etc straight away. Sarah was saying the advice in South Korea was to leave coats & shoes etc outside.
    Jean- have a lazier day if you’re tired, no need to rush about…shame about your sister too 😟
    Dave- is there any cake left?!
    Nana- Poppy is keeping your daughter & SIL on their toes! Shame you’re still having to get up so early for walks!
    Hope everyone else is okay…
    Dampish here but not enough to do the garden any good! Making cheesecakes today, the chocolate & salted caramel one & the keto one…not much else planned! Ordered a germination tray thing & seeds, didn’t look closely enough when I ordered it & they won’t be coming until late May, so no sprouty seeds for a while!

All quiet today!
    Cheesecakes made, sorted & cleared out lots of recipes, couldn’t do that on a nonFD! Cracked lots of nuts ready to make a few nut cookies (I like them for breakfast!), Xena didn’t know what to make of it! She is odd…
    Hope everyone’s finding plenty to do, or are enjoying being lazy!

Evening All….

Nana..
    I am waking at 5 am pushing it to 6 am for cuppa in bed…so early for me..is it the lock down or Steve disturbing me..I don’t know…we have too many people about the village too, prams, children on bikes, walkers, runners and dog walkers who I don’t know…park for us I can distance safely.

Poppy jumping over the fence, oh dear picks the neighbour who doesn’t like dogs 😬…Charlie can clear the settee, without touching it 😬…when playing..

Dave..
    New neighbours..hope they better than ours!

Hedgehog…
    Tired today I had a snooze on the settee, I just don’t do that…I did get a cuppa made and table set for dinner and some of it prepared 😯..should do it more often….
    Shame on your trays…my cress seeds may arrive tomorrow…still looking for other micro seeds to buy..
    Quite like your nut cookies for breakfast, how many calories are they…looking for something different…

Charlie strange today too…Oreo brought a soft toy doll the sort with rope legs and it squeaked..Charlie usually has them in bits in 2 mins..he carried it around the park for 45 mins, then he went in a flower bed and put it in a hole and covered it up with bark and leaves, hiding it. I gave it back to Natalie, tonight he went back to the flower bed looking for it…very odd..

Jean x

Aww poor Charlie, he obviously liked Oreos toy, bless him! Maybe because it was Oreos??

Nana, Oops, Poppy jumping the fence!

Dave, fingers crossed for good neighbours.
    Incidently, Jean, how are yours. Have they gone quiet?

HH, cheesecakes and nut cookies!!

Almost finished the kitchen clean, will be finished tomorrow and then to start on the dining room, which wont take too long. But might wait as Neil off for 2 days now.

Just caught up with masterchef final, that was a bit of a shock!
    Now going to watch a couple of episodes of The Crown. Neil went to bed an hour ago as hes been up since 3.30am

x

Morning All…
    Looks pretty good outside chilly but no wind…

Looking for jobs..back to upstairs cleaning and maybe the car too…on Cakey’s list for the month…feeling a bit porky around the middle…keep getting bits for Steve through the post/ daughter/ Natalie, it’s all very nice but we share things I am finding it challenging, a box of M &S shortcake on the go, I do love them…😬..I am not that strong!

Walk at the park, no Oreo today as mummy’s working, found her some gloves as she’s running short while she orders some more, I will drop them off they live near the park..keep her safe 😀

Kay..
    Neighbours all quiet at the moment, difficult when they are all at home, you seem to be waiting for trouble…..nothing since the Xmas do…
    Looks like my kitchen could be on the list for a clean..you and HH has got me thinking…glad the pump was sorted..enjoy Neils time off…hope his mums ok now…

Dave..
    Hope you can sort your cruise money out..I think the law is on your side…

Hedgehog..
    What’s planned today..has the kitchen been finished yet….

Jean x

Evening All..
    What a lazy day I have had..I have not done anything…just two walks and cooking dinner now…must pull my socks up for tomorrow..

I will definitely need a fast day tomorrow…..anyone else?…a very naughty weekend….I am really struggling now through the lock down…

Jean x

I haven’t done anything either, 2 walks and made Yorkshire’s ready for tea.Spanish teacher is trying to get me going but too difficult what she is asking. Beautiful day, sunny again, where are all the April showers.

Hello

Just a little reminder of our #ProjectButterfly goals. How are we all doing xx

Symba
    – Maintain weight
    – One Jigsaw
    – 1 new dinner recipes per week
    – Read 1 book
    – Wash & vac car weekly

Sarah
    – Lose at least 12lbs (v close to goal)
    – Significant improvement in French (hard to quantify but be confident in all 8 cds. – Confident in 4.75 at the mo, understand rules round regular verbs and learn some irregular ones). General improvement.
    – Finish Iris’s ‘easy’ shrug (hard and have abandoned twice)
    – Learn how to download music and stream through Sony

Mary
    – Lose a stone
    – increase my daily walks by 2500 steps
    – stop biting my nails

Brad
    – lose 12 lbs

Hh
    – I will definitely do either a small declutter – drawer or cupboard etc- or extra clean each day

Melfish
    – Lose the few pounds I have put on.
    – Give house a more thorough clean.
    – Help Paul in garden.
    – Limit iPad time.
    – Cook more from scratch.

I’m not very confident.I would settle for any loss.Three more weeks,I will be going mad. I bet it’s going to be a great summer weather-wise,but unfortunately we will be indoors ☹️☹️☹️.Fingers crossed they come up with a cure.

Morning all!
    Just read through yesterdays posts, realised I didn’t post all day! Went out early with Xena, had promised boys a cooked breakfast, by the time that was done our Church service was online, saw Mum in the afternoon & a quick clean up before dinner…so it disappeared!
    Dave- don’t think you’ll be getting new neighbours any time soon, not many people will be considering moving right now…
    Jean- it’s fine to have some lazy days! The nut cookies are keto ones, just ground nuts (pecans or walnuts), mix in some sweetener & a beaten egg, 8 mins in the oven, so nice on low carb but probably not that appealing if you like carbs!! Cheesecake was very good though!
    Kay- hope the plumber can get the pump sorted…enjoy a couple of days off with Neil!
    Cakey- thanks for the goals reminder!! Mine looks so pitiful, but it has been achieved so far! You sound like you are doing well!
    Minols- hope the time off is good so far…
    I’m fasting today, so joining Jean. Not sure what to this week, I think it’ll have to be an 800cal day, lots of salad to use up but not sure what else I have around to eat! I plan everyone else’s meals & don’t do mine! I still have the wall cupboards to clean out so may do them, will see…

Morning All…
    Lovely bright cold morning…sun is just getting up…

I am fasting today. Hoping to get a few jobs done and get moving, too much laziness about.

Cakey..
    When is the finish date?..I am working through them some ticks done, some not done 😱…it does give you a direction when in the mood 😂

Dave..
    I think we are all struggling a bit, keep on fasting hoping more maintaining then putting on…4 walls are driving me mad, Steve may have a ride to the park pm maybe.

Hedgehog..
    I wondered where you were yesterday..it’s funny you think straight away is everything ok…you seem to be getting your jobs done, mines quite pathetic really…pull socks up today.
    Biscuits a bit low in carbs for me, see if anything about like that for me…waiting for my cress seeds they are in the post..sad when you are quite looking forward to a packet of seeds 😂..some makeup on the way too 😀..

Kay..
    Hope the plumber sorts you out…

Minols..
    Are you back at work..was it one or two weeks off?….hope alls well…

Cakey..
    You seem to be doing really well on your weight loss…it must be the travelling what messes you up…

Nana..
    What are you up to today…..

Mel, Sarah, Tyhpoo, Tammy, DF…all ok….keep with us

Jean x

Morning everyone, a beautiful sunny day here but a bit chilly for our walk this morning. A FD planned for today as once it warms up we are putting anti – slip stain on our decking area so I’ll be occupied.
    Cakey was a bit ambitious with losing a stone so don’t think that’s going to happen but have definitely upped my daily steps and fingernails are looking better.
    Jean hope Steve is keeping well.
    Having halved hardboiled eggs on a bed of sliced par boiled leeks covered with a white sauce and topped with mixed breadcrumbs and a little grated cheese then baked in the oven. Will have it with a bit of salad. It’s a favourite WW recipe from when I used to go years ago and luckily husband likes it as well.
    Have a good day everyone whether fasting or not today and keep safe.
    Nana x

Hi All

Back at work having had a wonderful week off – computer never on!

Got lots of sorting (more to do!) done, but most importantly got a single quilt made, 2 sets of oven gloves and a few prototype masks (need tweaking!) And managed to end the holiday with my sewing area sorted, having discovered all sorts of lovely fabrics I’d forgotten I had, and a gadget for the mavhine that will be great for edging fabrics.

So now I need to get the boy back into things – he’s slobbed in front of fortnite and yourtube for 2 weeks solid! As one of his scout challenges, he’s going to become my personal runnign coach – I’m in week 4 of couch to 5 k again.

Part way through the week we heard that my MiL has covid in the care home…it was touch and go for a while, but she’s holding her own just now.

Right, now I’ve remembered how to work the kettle and the computer at the church, I’d better get on!

Mx

Nana..
    A good day to do your decking..a bit of a chilly wind ok if you get in a secluded bit…the recipe sounded nice a bit different…well done on the finger nails, it’s hard going if it’s a habit…
    Steves taking it easy, after his hospital treatment he still continues with it at home, he has finished his tablets now, he starts on an injection daily for 5 days, first one today. Goodness I don’t think I could do it, it’s 1” long thick needle he jabs in his stomach good job there’s some fat in that area ..ouch!…he is tired but better than I thought he would be…no hair now 🥰

Minols..
    Glad to have you back ..well done on your sewing and the masks you have been very busy…good idea to pull your son in for his scouts badge, will that mean he will be doing the 5k run too..
    A worry with MIL a bit of a nightmare in the homes, people so fragile…glad she seems to be improving..is she close by?

Jean x

Minols- sorry to hear about MIL, hope she is over the worst of it…sounds like a good week off, is your son back to ‘school’ now? They would be back round here this week…hope you get back into work okay & well done with the running 👍
    Jean- I keep forgetting that Steve’s on his 2nd round, sorry. Must be very hard jabbing yourself, you know what’s coming! Hope he enjoys some of the shortbread! You must be doing quite a bit extra that Steve can’t do, so don’t push yourself too much…
    Nana- a goid day to get the decking done, hope you don’t get too cold, wind very chilly here!
    Not feeling that lively so have decided to tackle the online course for Homestart I’ve been putting off…wish me luck!

Hedgehog…
    Good luck to your Home Start course…it’s the sort of thing you put off…
    Steves not really doing anything, setting the dinner table and a bit of drying pots, that’s it…it’s hard when we usually share most of the work. I get tired.

Now I have a dilemma…I am a birthday girl tomorrow….do I make a cake when my weight if iffy…what would you do?..😂..or just forget about my birthday…

Ironing is done, Steve lunch is made …coffee now…then upstairs cleaning, its not that bad, I flick and a vac 😂

Keep strong everyone…I am doing ok here…

Jean x

Jean- definitely celebrate tomorrow- things are hard enough at the moment, you have a good reason to party 🎉🎂 The weight will come off, it’s only one day!
    Not having a very successful day- sat down to do the course, then realised I haven’t been sent the link, so couldn’t do that. Plan B, finish the cupboards! But the washing machine is playing up again, hubby had a look at it, then had a moan about the clutter in the utility room/ cupboard, so that will be a job for another day! As fast as I’m crossing things off, new jobs appear! Quick cuppa & then back to work!
    Keep strong fasters!

Viewing 50 posts - 27,501 through 27,550 (of 35,444 total)

You must be logged in to reply.