Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,978 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 26,951 through 27,000 (of 35,465 total)

• I was in Tesco early on Saturday and no problem. Didn’t really stock up…just made sure that if I do end up having to be stuck at home because one of the boys is sick I’ve got ingredients to cook from…flour, eggs, sugar, butter…tins of beans to make casseroles and sausages in the freezer…and stock for if one of us can’t face real food. If nothing else we can eat buns and pastry!

I seem to remember you have a big freezer full in the garage, Jean…or was that Hemmy or Audrey?

As for loo roll…I get that delivered by ‘who gives a crap’ so should be alright!

Mx

Things will only get worst.although in Italy they panicked for a week over toilet paper and other things then it went back to normal. There will be spivs selling black market stuff soon.

Dave..
    Enjoy your last day, enjoy your small steak and safe journey home…

Mel..
    Shame your halibut was over cooked….still a good night out with friends…enjoy your few days away enjoy your posh restaurant and more friends 😀

Jean x

Minols…
    Yes…your are right freezer inside and in the garage full.. that’s me 😂..cupboards full too..😂…copied off my mum…Steve said I am waiting for a war…he might eat his words now……

As for loo roll..you can always do what the Arabs do…no problem….

Fasting finished..kitchen closed…Steve ok, sleeping….Charlie sleeping….

Jean x

Dinner eaten, a salad, should be under 500cals, although have to confess to a little chocolate caramel bunny they were giving away in Hotel Chocolat, popped in for son’s birthday present, at least he’ll have one if the whole country shuts with coronavirus.
    Minols- missed your post earlier, meal sounded lovely! Very sensible with the oldies in your flock, worrying times for them. Hope your mum & sis don’t have to miss their holiday, but would be awful being stranded on board.
    Jean- you are amazing fasting with all your stress…think you’re wise to stop some outings, a big worry with Steve. We’ll be doing the same, quite worried about youngest with his chest.
    Dave- maybe go shopping on the way back at midnight, beat the crowds! Hope Heidi behaves tonight for your son! Enjoy your steak tonight, 🍺 aswell?!
    Tammy- enjoy a couple of days ‘off’, & hope your tartiflette goes well!
    Mel- shame about your meal, hope you have a lovely break!
    Sarah- hope that dress has skimmed!
    Typhoo- hope you’re keeping strong, you usually do!
    Nana, Kay, hope you’re both okay!
    Just watching Harry Redknapp’s Sandbanks summer, they’re eating fish & chips 😬

Jean

If Steve ‘eats his words’ there will be more real food for you!

And the ancient Roman’s caused a sponge on a stick.. apparently!

Mx

Evening everyone, mammogram all done hopefully for another three years 🤞but it’s up to me to make the appointment myself as I’ll be over 70 then.Appointment was for 5pm but arrived early so they saw me straight away and caught the bus home at 4:45pm but the traffic was so bad it took until 6:20pm to get to the park and ride and then 10mins by car home. The bus was packed by the time we got off and we had to fight our way off.
    Jean glad Steve got on alright not very pleasant though by the sound of it.
    Dave have a safe journey back home.
    Hedgehogs it’s worrying out and about when I’m with my husband as he’s got breathing issues but we’re still going away to Norwich tomorrow as planned.
    Mel enjoy your time away also.
    Won’t be posting whilst away but will keep an eye on our WhatsApp group.
    Hope everyone is keeping well.
    Nana x

Had a nice meal, the waiters were pretending to cry because it was our last night 😁. Just had a few pints,won’t have any tomorrow even though I have a late flight, driving so I never drink. Looking forward to seeing Heidi again,my son will say I care about her more than him 😁. It’s all Doom and gloom on sky news.

Fast day over, wasnt too bad. Tomorrow needs to be a sensible nfd…not overboard like some of my recent ones.

Jean, glad that Steve back home with no complications. Back to waiting again I guess?
    You are probably right in being careful where you go in public areas now. We only know that people have the virus when they test positive, and by then we have come into contact with lots of people.

Dave, enjoy the last of your holiday. Make the most of the sunshine, you will soon be fed up with the rain again!

Mel and Nana, enjoy your time away.

Minols, seems like a plan to see your oldies soon before lockdown happens.

HH, well done on your FD, I think I was nearer 800 when I finished.
    What are you doing at the moment? ADF? 3 x FDs?
    I think I still need 3 x fd as Im rarely in control of my nfds!! Lol

Tammy, let us know how the tartiflette goes. I think I might try it too, but without the bacon!

Day off for me tomorrow but nothing planned.

Kx

Can’t wait for a fast day, probably regret it when it comes around. Must stop having toast.Have more Mediterranean foods.And no more T-Rex steaks.

Lovely meal out but arriving and leaving in pouring rain again. Happy to be back home and enough eating and drinking to last a while.

Dave I will be fasting tomorrow and I really need a fast day too. Very difficult re your cruise. Such a lot of money and for a special occasion too.

Jean so glad today’s done for Steve. You’re amazing fasting through all this but it must be the right way to help get through this. Hoping for a positive outcome. I know from other people that it’s possible to halt these things for a long time. Hoping for a return to normality for you soon.

Mel, try Not Your Daughter’s Jeans. Size down by a size. I love them, very flattering and they last for absolutely ages.

Kay, well done on fast day. Actually really looking forward to mine. Eaten enough birthday cake for a while…

Nana well done on the mamo, never nice. Hope everyone else ok.

Ps

Happ birthday Nana

Hh dress skimmed sort of…felt ok anyway..

Oh had to buy soap (single bar) instead of handwash at our mini village co op today. We haven’t bought extra anything, beginning to think we should have. I think a bit different if you have children to feed. Reasonably stocked anyway but at the moment determined not to overreact.

Morning all!
    Nana- happy birthday for tomorrow, hope you have a nice break! 🎁🎉🎂🍸
    Sarah- glad that you had a good night out, hope feeling full lasts through today’s FD!
    Jean- hope no dramas & Steve wasn’t too uncomfortable in the night? Enjoy a nonFD today.
    Kay- well done for yesterday! I’m not sure what to do with FDs, the 1st week I did ADF it worked well, but like you’ve said keeping nonFDs under control is not easy!
    Dave- enjoy your last day! Glad the meal was good last night…hope Heidi was better last night; Xena obvs thought that was a good idea & got me up twice!
    Minols- hope you slept better; you do have alot of trouble with that, is it work on your mind? Just keeping low when you’re tired is hard enough….
    Typhoo- enjoy your breakfast!
    Tammy- did you try the tartiflette last night, or is it today?
    Mel- safe journey!
    DF- you were quiet yesterday, all okay?
    Dog training today, not sure what else, maybe a trip to the dump?! Exciting…already had breakfast, very hungry when I got up. Planning to do cheese souffle tonight for our dinner, the boys don’t like it, making the most of it until they’re home!

Morning all,

HH – was a bit quiet yesterday sorry. All okay with me. FD was hard but I managed it. I think I must have just had Monday blues, never good! I’m off work tomorrow as Steve has hospital appointment for an echocardiogram, so I booked the day off to take him. Next week he’s having a 24 hour ECG, and then hopefully that’s the last of the appointments! Fingers crossed.

I can eat normally today, temptation at work in the ‘tuck shop’ we have on reception because there are flapjacks, which I absolutely LOVE! Checked, and the calories in one bar is almost 500! Must resist! I can’t get one and just eat half, doesn’t happen LOL!

Its a miserable day again with the rain, I’m really counting on it being a good summer. I need to get out and warm again, get some sun.

Dave – are you flying back today? Hope it goes smoothly, safe trip!

Hope everyone else is okay .. I did laugh at who delivers your toilet rolls Minols .. haha!! Tesco shelves were empty when I went on Sunday, I can’t understand why toilet roll in particular is the thing people are going for?!

Have a good day everyone, I’ll try and catch up with posts today a bit more.

Good luck anyone fasting today xx

Morning everyone. Thank goodness the celebrations are over and fasting today. Never has a FD been so needed!

We’ve pretty well decided not to do our Prague, Vienna, Budapest trip. Despite our cheap flights being non refundable and no other expenditure made yet we do need to make a decision because we have to put 50% down on Gretel’s kennels. They’re quite expensive for a 10 day trip so need to decide. We had wondered about visiting stepson in South Korea at that time so pleased we haven’t shelled out for those flights. I guess I’m probably pretty low risk category but OH has badly scarred lungs from lengthy double pneumonia back in 2003 when he was having his health dramas so don’t want unnecessary risks.

Jean I wore gloves last night, leather so thin with fingers and felt quite protected on train etc. I wondered if you needed to isolate with just you going out if gloves would help. You could take them off before you went back in and keep them in a bag. I hope Steve had an ok night.

Have a good last day Dave. See Heidi soon.
    Good luck fasters. X

DF enjoy your NFD and hope Steve’s appointments all go well and you can start to put this behind you. I’m with you on flapjacks and never eaten half of anything probably in my whole life….

This is the worst part of the holiday waiting to go home.Not heard anything from the rep about what time we are getting picked up, sent a text to him but no reply yet, had a look in the tui book but couldn’t see anything.Will go out for breakfast today,and possibly dinner if we can leave the suitcases somewhere.You can have a late room but it cost €10 per hour.

Morning All…
    Dry day…walking soon, Charlie’s ears are itching a bit I think he’s a bit off, I have put some drops in…

Dropping some caravan things off at daughters school it got cancelled last week…someone coming for one of the awnings pm…

Sarah..
    Glad your meal went well..and your dress fitted well…I was thinking on the glove line more the blue disposable ones we have two boxes..I would look a sod 😂…think on my leather…..might be a few more thinking that way…we are thinking cut off will be Sunday evening, get family to visit then that’s it….
    So shame on the holidays..Virgin are having to run empty planes or loose their slots.

Nana..
    Enjoy your couple of days away…are you going today…happy birthday for tomorrow..

Dave..
    Safe journey home….

Hedgehog…
    Enjoy dog training and your cheese soufflé tonight..

DF..
    Goodness the calories in the flapjack…ooh my favourite I often have them 😱…hoping all your appointments go well for Steve and bring good results…

Jean x

Jean great idea re disposable gloves. Given me an idea that we will wear them for the ferry trips in April.

DF- shame your day off tomorrow isn’t a fun one, hope Steve’s appts go okay. I think the loo roll was started in Australia & then spread here, a bit of hype & everyone joins in! I guess if they didn’t buy food to go with the loo roll, they won’t be needing it anyway! Good idea steering clear of the flapjack!
    Sarah- sensible decision about the holiday…a shame but you need to be careful with hubby. We’re not sure if we’ll be able to do a couple of our short breaks in this country even, if they have to shut down like Italy…one booked for end March will hopefully be okay.
    Jean- hope Charlie’s ears improve, & you get rid of the caravan stuff…
    Quick cuppa after our walk, really should get on!

DF – of course, the best flapjacks are half dipped in chocolate…!

Just had a bowl of prridge – trying to get my serious head on about fasting today.

The thing about gloves is to take them off before you touch your face. The virus lasts at least as long on the glove as it does on your skin (which if not ‘broken’ protects you anyway). So as long as gloves don’t give you a false sense of protection, and you take them off before you come back in to the house, then it keeps the virus outside!

I reckon you’re right, though, Jean, quite a few people int he vulnerable categories will start seeping themselves to themselves – and so I’m going to try and see our lot in the coming days, and then it will be a question of keeping in touch by phone. The last thing I want to do is traipse risk around with me.

You’re right, HH – loo roll company is a ‘for benefit’ company starte in Australia – products using recycled and / or fast growing bamboo, and profits going to sanitation projects in developing countries. No plastic packaging, but obviously impact from delivery…mitigated somewhat if you have large cupbourds, and order in bulk! Open a cupboard in our place and you’ll be hit by a loo roll!

Mx

Afternoon…
    A productive day selling things…Steves little garage is slowly clearing..still a more to go…

Sarah..
    We have loads of gloves..thinking too of having dettol surface cleaner in the car, wipe steering wheel, door handles etc…

Hedgehog..
    We too won’t be going away now…we have to see how it all goes…just text Oreo and see if he’s going to the park…shopping to do too…your break should be ok for March, are you both well enough to be ok.

Minols..
    So you are the toilet roll buyer 😂…the virus lasts from two hours to 7 days depending on the surface and climate conditions …who has touched the goods in shops?? It goes on and on….

Jean x

Honest…not a single roll off the shelves – or tissues. Still working my way through the pre-Christmas delivery…each rollerapped in paper that is designed to be used as gift-wrapping – i kid you not! All presents now wrapped in it!

Mx

Well it’s all new to me,no problems here in Lanzarote yet.Think we have a few toilet rolls left so should be ok will see what’s available when we go shopping to Sainsbury’s.Not bothering with gloves just wash hands regularly.

Just had chilli con carne,our favourite waiter asked if I would like more spice,but I was already breathing flames🐉,it was very nice though.Could have done with an ice cold beer to wash it down but driving later so had a coke😇😇😇.

Just getting ready to go out after a muddy walk with dogs. Had some nuts, almonds and cashews. Nalini buys them raw but then microwaves them for about four minutes. Taste nice and roasted. I have never heard of this, but bet you all have. 😂
    Minols we use What the Crap too. Just started.
    Right, must scrub up and get off. Cheers everyone.

Minols- (& Mel) looked up the what the crap, a lovely idea, we get through loads though so could work out pricey… Planning to ‘twin’ our toilet soon. Hope you can stay strong tonight!
    Mel- didn’t know you could microwave nuts, I’d have thought they’d explode! Will try that, yum! Enjoy your night out 🍸
    Jean- well done getting the garage gradually cleared! We’re really more worried about if we get the virus & passing it to youngest son, he gets bronchiolitis & has been in hospital for that before, so could be ill with this. Although he’s got to work & mixing with lots of customers so is more likely to get it than us. I’d be worried about being away & then a shut down declared so we couldn’t get home! Hubby looked up when the balance is due for our May holiday, not for a month so we can put off making a decision about that for a bit…
    Dave- enjoy your meal & hope the flight’s not delayed any more, I guess being a night owl you’re not too worried about driving home that late!
    Sarah- hope your FDs gone okay? Keep strong!
    Tammy- how was the tartiflette? Hope it was good!
    Just took Xena for a walk round the field, no ball games for a few days, she has an occasional hobble! Dog training was quiet, just 3, so Nick got distracted & kept telling us tales from Crufts! He’s given us some biscuits to try Xena with that are supposed to be calming, can’t imagine them working, we’ll see! Cheese souffle was particularly good tonight!

No not a problem driving at night unless there are no lights on. Got another hour to go then we should be boarding.

Hardest fast day ever. Been starving since about 11? Think probably because I chomped like a porker for three days.

HH cheese souffle sounds particularly good….

Ah well had the 500 now, cleaned teeth, and will have an early night…

OMG I did it again….so many posts ,must do better
    TARTIFLETTE went well, next time I think I would put more onion and bacon in, I had already put some minced garlic in the onion mixture, everyone liked it, nice and tasty.
    Been called into work earlier tomorrow, bang goes my long lie.
    Probably should fast tomorrow, but as usual not feeling it just now, normally ok by morning.
    Dave welcome home when you get here.
    I have 2 freezers full, little one in the house and chest freezer in the garage, they both could bo with being emptied, we wont starve lol.
    Right it’s late best get off, see you tomorrow
    Tammy x

Morning all!
    Dave- hope you got home safely & have enough toilet rolls at home 😂
    Nana- happy birthday! 🎂
    Sarah- well done for keeping strong yesterday, have a well deserved good breakfast today!
    Tammy- hope work’s not too hectic, at least panic buying of fish will be unlikely! Good that the tartiflette was a success!
    Jean- hope you & Steve can keep occupied again today to take your minds off things…are Charlie’s ears better?
    Mel- good meal last night!
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    I’m fasting today, aiming for a 500cal one, anyone with me?

Morning All..
    Lovely day…high tide again so wellies on, I had to change my route yesterday as I couldn’t get through and fell off a wall climbing and jumping over!!

Shopping early then staying about doing garage jobs….

Minols..
    Like the idea of the Christmas wrap…

Hedgehog..
    Has Xena hurt her leg..have I missed it…hope she improves…drops still going in the ears seems to be bedtime or morning on waking, shaking his ears…

Hope your sons is ok not in a good environment working with the public…says the virus is peaking in two months they think!…have a good fast day…

Sarah..
    I hope you could sleep if you were hungry..

Tammy..
    I put garlic in mine and like you thought more bacon, I had extra bacon left so it could have gone in…it’s a while since I did it you forget….
    Hope work passes quick …are you away earlier…

Nana..
    Happy Birthday..Hope you have something nice planned today, a nice meal tonight…enjoy your break…

Dave..
    Welcome back supposed to be a better day before it changes again…

Jean x

Happy birthday Nana XX, lovely sunny day,I brought it back with me. My head is a little sire,got burnt yesterday, Denise had packed the suncream so went out without anything on(cream not clothing) only in the sun for less than an hour but it’s very strong there. Heidi was asleep upstairs when we got home, it took her about ten minutes to realise we were home then came down to see us, she knocked everything flying with all the wagging of her tail 😁

Morning
    Just headed to work
    Jean be careful jumping over those walls!!!!
    HH good luck fasting, I’m with you.
    Catch you all later
    Tammy x

Tammy..
    No good for Cheltenham!….flat on my face in the mud, arms and jeans, sore wrist but much better today.
    X

Going bowling, I wonder if they will be nervous because I have been abroad.If I am losing I might start coughing 🥴.

Jean- be careful, can’t have you injured right now…don’t know how Xena hurt her shoulder or leg, it’s only an occasional hobble, she was fine on a walk this morning.
    Dave- enjoy your bowling 😈 don’t frighten the others!
    Fasting going okay, hungry though! Got some pruning to do next.

Hi all.
    Happy birthday, Nana…hope it’s been lovely.

Canned the fd yesterday ‐ we’ll just call it low. I’ve just had an omelette and some gingernuts…so that needs to be me for today. I need to make a curry for the boys, but if I’m not eating then should give me a couple of portions for OH’s lunches.

Should be taking the dog out…but I can hear the rain coming down the chimney
    …so I’ll hold off on that and do some laundry chores before the boy comes in. Working this evening – glad of the distraction!

Mx

Afternoon all

It’s been quite a mix weather wise with rain and hail but managed to get to Tesco before it started.

My fast Monday crashed and burned though did only have the one meal but regrouped and managed a fast yesterday.

Didn’t notice any panic buying when I was out but the shelves were empty of pasta so not sure what’s going on there.

Good luck to all those fasting today just remember it’s only for one day and tomorrow you can eat normally

Done the shipping at Sainsbury’s, toilet rolls were thin on the ground but still have a few so no problem. A man was going mad saying what’s wrong with everyone.I have to agree with him, all these toilet rolls gone, does that mean everyone will be eating twice as much food.I couldn’t care less about the pasta shelf’s being empty can’t stand pasta either of us😁.The woman on the plane made me laugh,she wiped her hands then wiped the seat and table down then threw the wipe away,does she not realise that after wiping down the seat all the germs would be on her wipe which she then screwed up in her hand.also she forgot the main place to wipe the seat belt.I was going to tell her but I thought what’s the point.All in all Sainsbury’s had everything we needed.

Afternoon all

Yesterday and today we’ve spent quite a bit of time at the allotment. And gorgeous weather today, warmish sunshine. Goodness makes you feel better. OH planted an apple and greengage and two gooseberries and general jobs. I did weeding, cleaning up strawberry beds, tying in raspberry canes and harvesting the remainder of the forced rhubarb. Such a lovely pink. All frozen and bagged now.

We have a large indoor fridgefreezer and just last year got an upright freezer for summer house (no garage) to cope with allotment produce. We are planning crops for this year. Last year we did borlottis which as well as being beautifully streaked with pink are totally delicious and not available fresh here. Still gave some in freezer plus some left of the ratatouille and soup and even a jar of the preserved left so we are thinking of growing sweetcorn this year. Has anyone ever frozen the whole cobs???

Jean was talking to a lovely older chap on the allotments who we know a little bit. His wife was diagnosed with lung cancer after having it first in bladder. They can’t operate as too near to artery. She’s been having immunotherapy and is doing so well. Not having a severe reaction like chemo can give, it has given her a croaky voice only. They describe it as palliative but it’s really zapped it. They reckon it may come back in 5 years or so as difficult to get every cell but they can do things for her then too. In the meantime she’s coming to the end of treatment, feeling really well and they’ve booked four holidays! She’s 74, enjoying life and he reckons she’ll outlive him. Felt very happy for them hearing this story and hope you don’t mind me sharing it here. Good outcomes are very possible. He was saying we don’t know the half of what they can do. Anyway I hope you hear about appointment today or tomorrow.

Ps message for today…take care when jumping over walls…..you’re not a pony! Btw weirdly did sleep well last night.sometimes don’t but it was fine

HH have a good fast day today was lucky to get through mine yesterday. That was the first time this time round when I felt like caving on a FD

Nana happy birthday sounds very nice.

Dave welcome home and all that.

Mel glad your meal was nice

Kay any dog news?? any fasting going on…..?

Tammy going to make that tartiflette sounds my sort of food.

Everyone else have a good day.

Went to village first thing for a few bits. No loo roll. Didn’t need any but still…goodness you feel a pariah if you have to clear your throat these days

Come on spring…you can do it….

Minols- not easy fasting with your lack of sleep & having the temptation of cooking for others. Hopefully keeping low will help!
    Typhoo- good you managed to do yesterday as a FD instead…
    Dave- glad you got everything you needed. I guess the thought of having to possibly self isolate for 2 weeks has made people stock up, not everyone has family or neighbours who can get them stuff…
    We have a lovely sunny day here!
    Just had a little bit of dark chocolate, comfort food, elbow’s really sore from doing pruning! Hubby is very sensible & just does a bit at a time, stops when his back hurts too much, but I’m like my mother & don’t know when to stop! (& with food as well 😂)
    Hope everyone else is okay!

I understand but how many toilet rolls do you use in a fortnight? People panick buy then the people who find it harder to shop can’t get what they want. In China they did the panic but thing for one week then it went back to normal. It’s like Christmas here people go mad and the shop is only closed for one or two days.

First time since starting, I’ve ruined my fast!!!!! Took a packet of chilli and coconut soup to work, it was horrible, ended up with crisps, peanut butter and jam sandwich and banana.
    Must try again tomorrow.
    Waiting on being asked to work tomorrow early again, will see when they get round to it.
    Break over, catch you later
    Tammy x

Took Heidi out and all this wet stuff fell on me from the sky, didn’t see any of that last week. Nice to be home.Not fasting until Monday, still got holiday feeling.

Don’t blame you still being in holiday mode Dave!
    Tammy- there’s always tomorrow…

Wind is howling and it’s pouring down.I will try and plan my meals better from Monday.

Hello

All work travel restricted, which is nice to be at home except had what would have been a full day meeting via video conferencing today. 7 hours worth although did take have couple of breaks. Was desperate to get out for fresh air.

Couple of pounds have crept on, been feeling constantly dizzy for about 3 weeks. Doesn’t seem to be any underlying reason, blood pressure ok. Been give 2 different types of tablets but they make me feel worse than the dizziness. Haven’t felt up to doing much outside of work or at the weekends. Hoping it passes soon, think it’s easing a bit. Time of life?

Boiler still not sorted. No hot water upstairs. So much for efficient combi boiler. Plumber coming back on Fri. Missing my baths.

Oh dear, I’m a right grumpy grump today.

CW

It’s just been on the news that panic buying is causing great difficulty for food banks, the people who struggle to get food may now go without. I will be pleased to see the end of it. It’s now officially a pandemic.

Cakey- that’s rotten, I had a problem with my neck so was almost constantly off balance, it was horrible, so sending you a hug. Good you haven’t got to travel, 7hr conference call sounds gruelling…hope you get your boiler done soon too! I think you’re entitled to be grumpy with all that going on!
    Dave- must be tough for food banks, our village has one operated by the children’s centre, will donate some bits.
    Getting ready for dinner now- have done stew for my men, but I’m having salad!

Viewing 50 posts - 26,951 through 27,000 (of 35,465 total)

You must be logged in to reply.