Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,941 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 4 hours, 25 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 27,001 through 27,050 (of 35,428 total)

• Well done HH šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‡.

Evening All…
    What a load of posts, turn your back and you miss out…

Sarah..
    What a lovely day you have had, this morning was really spring like… lovely to grow things and get it frozen, really worth the effort..
    Thank you for the story, I wish her all the best…our appointment has come through for a week Friday..the consultant is at another hospital a couple of days this week, thatā€™s why he pushed Steve in quickly.
    Hoping for some good treatment and itā€™s possible to do something…

American daughter has just been to the supermarket and itā€™s manic, guess what no loo paper or hand sanitizer !!

Hedgehog..
    Gardening for you too…us women seem to just push on till itā€™s done…we have choc buttons in the cupboard maybe not for tonight…well done on your salad, when cooking for the family…

Tammy..
    Tomorrow is another day…thatā€™s whatā€™s good about this WOL…a slip thatā€™s all…

Dave..
    We got howling winds late afternoon, cold too….a shock to your system..

Cakey..
    Hope you can get your dizzy spells sorted and the boiler sorted too…are you working from home permanently now until the virus has gone?….itā€™s hard to loose when not on top form, take it easy..

Jean x

I have read that much about the Coronavirus, I am either getting a sore throat or imagining it. There could be absolutely nothing wrong or I could be getting a cold with the change of weather.Only time will tell.

Morning all!
    Sarah- sorry, I missed your post yesterday, I took ages to write mine! Sounds like a very productive day in the allotment! Do you find you miss out on the harvesting bit if you’re away alot in the summer? We just have 2 small beds & I grow lots in tubs, would love to have more space! Are you fasting today, is it a granddaughter day?
    Jean- another nail biting week for you, keep strong. Things sound like they’re getting quite a bit worse in the US now…a bit random Trump banning flights from Europe except UK?!!
    Dave- a worry with your sore throat at the moment, hopefully you’ll just have a cold, maybe you should miss bowling for a bit?
    Minols- how did you get on yesterday? Hope you’re not too busy doing all your visits!
    Tammy- hope today is a more successful one for you!
    Nana- hopefully another nice day in Norwich?!
    Cakey- hope you feel better soon…
    Mel- enjoy your break!
    Kay- you’ve been quiet, hope you’re okay? Any change on the family situation?
    Typhoo- are you fasting today?
    Xena barked lots in the night- I think it was maybe the wind rattling things, so will be tired today! Not sure what to do food-wise, not too hungry so will aim for a low day.

Hi all

Thanks, Dave…we have something similar for CofS. I have to say some of the folks I saw yesterday were hysterically funny about the equation between age and vulnerability! But I need to take it seriously on their behalf. May need to cancel the guild coffee morning which will be so hard for them. Just hoping that we can get the decisions right so that we make this far less bad!

Anyway – lighter note…old friend phoned last night.her daughter has to come to my town today so she’s hitching a ride and seeing me for coffee. She was a spare grandma for the boy when he was born and she’s an absolute love so that will be a fab moment in my day.

Going to hold off the food until tonight hopefully.

Dragging the boy out for the dog walk just now…he needs un-plugged!

Mx

Morning all

Just a quickie before I pick up the little whirligig.

HH we’ve only had the allotment 18 months and this will be the first year it’s in full production. We try to grow things that are much nicer when fresh or not easily available and/or expensive to buy. Personally can’t see the point of onions for example. Last year we put a lot in after we’d cleared it but many things don’t produce in year 1. We put in asparagus but we got nothing last year and won’t this. We inherited the rhubarb but the rest was wilderness. We’re going to factor in being away. For example choosing an early maturing sweetcorn as we will be away for a good bit in September. Not quite sure how it will work and we might lose a bit. Daughter and family live close so thinking they might harvest a bit. We will be here in July/August though. Daughter and family will go down for 3 weeks in August and son may go in July. It’s very hot down there then. Too hot for Gretel really and we like to take her with us. Who knows who will be going when though now with this virus though. Well done on your fast day yesterday.

Not fasting today, going to do second day tomorrow. Despite my moaning last week Friday worked well and saved me from myself on the wine front!

Good luck all fasters and everyone one else x

Morning all,

Back at work today, appointment went okay yesterday, although don’t get the results for a few weeks. We got there early, first in the waiting room, but last to be seen! Sometimes it doesn’t make a difference getting there early.

FD for me today, good luck anyone else joining me.

I’m hoping work keeps me busy, the second FD of the week is always harder than the first I’m finding at the moment.

An hour at a time!

Catch up later x

Good morning everyone,my throat is ok so that’s a relief. Got to go to health center now to be kicked of fitness sessions and to look into new exercises, I think it will be bowling for me, will see what they say. Speak later.

Morning All…
    A bright very windy day, horrendous last night..

No walk for us, Charlieā€™s ear infection kept him awake, moaning through the night not his usual grumbling. He is fast asleep, vets appointment pm, with our favourite vet…the wind wonā€™t be good for his ears…
    Dentist checkup and hygienist for me.

I am fasting today…

Hedgehog..
    What things do you grow..I am not very good with gardening..must remember my house plants want watering šŸ˜‚
    Waiting a week now for appointment so not too long now…

Minols..
    Like you and whoā€™s in your care….my daughter is trying to put a plan in place for her school..most of her children have free meals including breakfast, itā€™s their only meal of the day. Some on social care/abuse register, meaning they have to have care in place at school..she is worried about them.

Laughed at unplugging your son, you sound like my American daughter…now they have ear buds in place too and no one listens to her calling šŸ˜‚..

Sarah..
    Have a good day with your grand daughter, hope she has a nap later šŸ˜‚..you sound very organised with your growing..I like the idea of rhubarb..

DF..
    The appointments are trying ours can run two hours late, sending you for X-ray and blood tests then back waiting…hope itā€™s not too a long wait for results…I am with you fasting today…

Dave..
    Hope you are ok and not brought any bugs back….

Nana..
    Hope your birthday meal went well and you are still in birthday mode šŸ˜€

Have a good day everyone….

Jean x

Jean – Aww poor Charlie, hope he gets sorted later, good that he’s seeing your favourite vet šŸ™‚

Yes, the appointments and waiting are never good. When Steve was in hospital he had to be wheeled to a different department, in his bed, for a Doppler. We had to wait in a corridor for what seemed like forever, and I was stood up at the side of the bed the whole time! Just right at the last minute, someone brought me a chair. I know every one’s in the same boat, but its hard work when you just seem to be waiting around. Especially if you’re not feeling well too!

Dave – glad your sore throat didn’t develop into anything worse!

Frustrating that works a bit quiet so far today, never good when its a FD!

x

Back from appointment with PARS team.They were trying to get me to go to a gym, I said no will stick to bowling and may go swimming. So that’s it for me now, no more exercise classes.

DF- glad your appt went okay, shame about the wait. Keep strong on your FD!
    Dave- glad your throat is better, shame you can’t still do the exercise classes.
    Jean- poor Charlie, & you, with Steve not sleeping well too. Hope that he gets on okay at the vets, & doesn’t miss his walk. A worry for your daughter at her school, I reckon they’ll close the schools before long, so they get a long Easter break. I grow lettuce in pots, that does really well, & potatoes in them too. Then we grow either spinach, courgettes, runner beans & more potatoes in the beds. Carrots I can’t grow!
    Tammy- hope your FD goes better!
    Sarah- hope it’s not too full on for you! It was a standing joke with my parents & asparagus- Dad planted it in every garden, but they’d always move before it grew enough to pick! I agree that onions aren’t worth growing, I grew sprouting brocolli last year- that wasn’t worth the work!
    Minols- is it the war time generation stoicism with your oldies not wanting a fuss over the virus? I’m worried about my mum, but she’s worrying about her friends, a couple are in their 90s.
    Did a tip run, & then a quick shop on the way home keeping everything topped up…

Still very windy here,lots of tree branches on the floor.Just timed it right on the walk with Heidi, it’s started raining now.

Hi all, just having a lie down while I donate my pint (ish) of blood!

Nana, belated birthday wishes. Hope you had a lovely day.

Welcome home Dave. Back to bowling straight away!! Lol

Was going to fast today but forgot I was giving blood so just the one fast day at the beginning of this week and then the week went down hill, again!

Will have to try harder and find my mojo before going away for few days at the end of the month!

Hope everyone is ok. Have skim read posts but far too many to respond to individually…oops!

Kay x

I used to think the needle they stick in your arm was tiny, but it’s quiet big. I always had a drink of orange and a biscuit after donating.Do you remember Tony Hancock doing the blood donoršŸ˜. Friday the 13th tomorrow, anyone superstitious? Denise dosent like it, she had a miscarriage on Friday the 13th.

Evening All..
    Dentist all good for three months…

Steroid and ear drops for Charlie, ear quite inflamed Ā£60!!……seems a lot better after the steroid jab.

Kitchen closed ..chicken this evening..we were both quite hungry.

DF..
    Charlie seems a bit off the vet..although he did lick him before we left…too many injections…šŸ˜‚..he is very gentle with him…
    It can be very bad at hospitals, I would think it will get much worse…

Dave..
    You like your bowling might as well do things you enjoy…very windy here banging and clattering about.

Hedgehog..
    Charlie managed two walks not quite as long as usual, thought it too windy for his ears….he felt very sorry for his self, he grumps through the night but it was different noise to usual, I think it was a pain noise.
    Lots of different veggies to eat, nice to add to your diet…

Kay…
    One pebble in the jar for Charlie, 1 lb off..šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Best not to fast on a blood giving day..still a way to go to end of month….

Jean x

She was happy when I said I would be doing bowling šŸ˜I had lemon chicken for tea, very nice.

Evening!
    Kay- hope the blood donoring went okay! Shame you had to alter your FD!
    Jean- not cheap at the vets! Good if it helps Charlie quickly though. Well done on his 1lb off! Xena is very nervous at the vets, but they give lots of treats!
    Dave- bowling’s good exercise! Shouldn’t go swimming right at the moment though!
    Don’t know about anyone else but not sure if I’m going to meet the measly pebble target- I’ve stayed the same this week šŸ˜Ø. Will do another FD on Saturday, Mum’s coming tomorrow night for dinner, will make my keto cheesecake again, son loves it!

Morning all!
    Hope everyone is okay?
    Son thinks he’s getting a cold- ignoring Government advice & going into work, they’ve been told that they’ll be in trouble if they isolate themselves! & they have it at work anyway, it’s probably where he got it from. No cough & no high temp. But I have cancelled Mum coming tonight in case. Pork is already in the slow cooker, I can take her a dinner round if she wants! Sis will probably be laughing- I upset her a bit this week as I said maybe my nephew who’s just come back from Tenerife should’t see everyone for a week or 2, she pointed out that there have been more cases where our boys have been away than where nephew was…fair point but the whole airports & flying at the moment mean you’re more exposed to lots of different people, which was my worry. Oh well, funny times!
    Hope everyone else is okay & have a good day all!

Morning fasting today but don’t hold out that much hope for any loss this week after last weekend. Goodness the news is awful. OH just gone off to collect grandson who is off with tonsilitus plus grandaughter and their dog for day. Just slightly concerned about all this continuing case of virus, but what can we do?? Daughter has to work. SIL who is a civil servant is in London for interview today instead of working at home. Also concerning esp re the travel.

It’s clear to us now that our planned trip with them all to France at Easter will not go ahead. Not sure if even travel in this country is sensible. Sitting in cafes in Toulouse at end of Feb now seems a world away.

Popped to tesco for a few bits. The stockpiling evidenced by many empty shelves is hideous. It makes you think ypu should be doing it too. So antisocial. No loo roll, tissues, handwash, pasta, rice and lots of empty shelves where tins are. We were actually searching for calpol for grandson with tonsilitus but it’s all been panic bought. Daughter eventually found a single bottle.

Our bowling club has postponed meetings and a couple of socials and OH seriously thinking about if he should not now go to his regular Tuesday indoor bowles.

Dave, any news on your cruise?

Jean poor Charlie. You have a lot of looking after to do.

Have a good day fellow fasters. Take good care xx

Morning all,

I have no idea how I managed my FD yesterday, but somehow did it. I was starving all day, and it didn’t go away! I can eat today, thank goodness! I just kept thinking of others here fasting too, and it thankfully kept me going.

I can eat more today, so will enjoy that! Also took a break from the exercise this morning, I was exhausted yesterday which was probably why I struggled with hunger.

Good luck anyone fasting today, if I got through yesterday, I know you can do it today!!

Take care everyone, and have a good day x

Morning All..
    Park walk this morning and the boy is much better, he slept well…I just canā€™t get there on a night the traffic is horrendous, we still have three roads closed.

I have stayed the same to the ounce, thatā€™s four weeks on the trot. Still under goal and maintaining maybe my body likes where it is….

Visitors coming Saturday and Sunday before the door closes…so clean up and sort the food out…

Hedgehog…
    Charlie was much better in a couple of hours maybe the steroid injection, I hate to see them in pain. Enjoy Mum tonight and your meal. Is she keeping her self safe or continuing as normal…

I had my daughter pulling a face at me last week saying everything was going overboard and it was possibly not that bad with the virus, people die with flu!..this week all different putting plans in place for school, spoken to her friend in London another head teacher with a plan in place..she has changed her mind now…she never listens to the news.

Sarah..
    Our Tesco is the same..I shall shop as my milk runs out and catch any top ups I want, possibly every 7 or 8 days, go early in the morning or late at night.
    It is a worry, maybe the country will loose weight it could be a bonus …

DF..
    We were hungry yesterday too..itā€™s strange how other fds are better…I broke my fast with chocolate, banana and cream pancakes ..4….I have been fancying them since pancake day..Itā€™s my day off and I enjoyed them!! So there! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜±

Have a good day..

Jean x

I am pleased I am not getting on the scales until the 27th, will still be heavier than my last weigh in then šŸ˜±. Friday the 13thšŸ˜–.All football suspended until April .

DF- well done with your FD! Very strong…hope you can get some rest over the weekend, take care of yourself. How’s your Steve?
    Jean- glad your daughter is taking it seriously now; heard a doctor on the news this morning quoting the figures of younger people with it in China who’d been into hospital & been very ill. Not just the elderly…We’ll avoid big shops now I think, use the little local one more, maybe try an internet delivery. Have cancelled Mum coming tonight, just in case son has something more than a cold. She’s still seeing her local group, she doesn’t go far afield anyway.
    Sarah- hope you survive the day šŸ˜‚ Difficult for SIL having to travel, a shame they couldn’t do a phone interview. Keep strong fasting, be brave! Such a shame about holidays, especially if your family were all going to be together šŸ˜ž
    Dave- how are you today? Seeing MIL?
    Just walked Xena, cheesecake to make next.

Yes going to mil,and son going to therapist.I am feeling quiet warm at the moment but have just taken Heidi out and house is very warm.Better get going he had an an appointment at one .

Hi all,

Lovely day outside, not even cold! Had a nice walk just now.

HH – My Steve doing really well thanks. GP has now signed him back as fit to drive, so we’re off to Southport this weekend, staying over in the camper. I was worried at first, but its more or less the same as staying home, I have my phone with me in case of any emergencies. I think we just need to get back to ‘normal’ .. he’s absolutely fine, its me whose nervous constantly!!!

Jean – oh I love pancakes. You did well resisting till now. I had mine on the actual day! Wonderful! I’m the same as you weight-wise. I’m staying the same, its probably what I should be, but I’d just like a few extra lbs off for summer so I feel more comfortable. Its getting harder for me to lose. Not sure if a lot is water as well, because I’ve been exercising, a lot!

So warm in the office now, no doubt the air-con will kick in soon. I like it when it warms up, but others complain constantly about how hot they are.

Hope fasters are staying strong. One day šŸ™‚

xx

Afternoon All…
    Walked Charlie lots of dogs to play with and then popped into Tesco, Steve sat in the car…..if I didnā€™t know it was March, I would think it was Christmas…a woman was filling her car with about 20 carrier bags filled her boot then put bags on her back seat, about 8 aisles totally empty…itā€™s ridiculous..couples with two trollies!!

DF..
    Lovely to get away in the camper.. you can still keep away from people, it will lift you both…get Steve out and about…keep your phone handy…

Hedgehog..
    I think you need a bit of a plan, keeping your distance from people.

Dave..
    Hope all goes well for son with and your visit to MIL..

Jean x

No panic buying here although limited to two packs of loo rolls. I think being in the countryside it doesnā€™t feel so serious. I think if I was in Manchester like you Dave it would feel more real. We are off to Wales to stay with Paulā€™s cousin on Wednesday with a night in a small hotel on the way on Tuesday. Still going, unless they donā€™t want us! They self isolate on their small holding most of the time anyway. We had a lovely time in Leicester. The restaurant was deffo one of the best I have been to. Had the tasting menu and thought I had a copy to put on WhatsApp but canā€™t find it. I know it wouldnā€™t appeal to all of you! Great fun with their ten month old cockerpoo, although he drove Jodie mad. She was so patient with him though, very proud of her! We all went to a country park and they plucked up the courage to let him off the lead for the first time. They had had visions of him disappearing into the horizon although you could tell he wouldnā€™t do that. Anyway he was really good although he did fall in the lake in the first five minutes!
    Weighed today and two pounds down. Just a fluctuation I am sure but very welcome. Fasting today and Monday.
    DF lovely you are getting away and a camper sounds perfect at the moment.
    Jean, glad Charlieā€™s ears are better.
    I think my body is at its comfortable, maintainable weight although I would like another half stone. Not going to stress about it and concentrate on maintaining I think which I have never managed for long, so still a challenge.
    Right time for lunch, a couple of Life Babybells, tomatoes and some deli meat. A cuppa soup too I think.
    Happy fasting to those doing it. A quick look and I see Sarah is. Good luck to you. Is it just us? Sorry if I have missed anyone else fasting. We can do this.

DF- that’ll be lovely, a weekend away! My youngest had a bad year when he was 12 (2 bad cuts, one needed surgery, & a hospital admission for chest infection) for quite a while after that we googled hospitals everywhere we went so we were prepared, very stressful but we relaxed after a while! Good to take precautions, hopefully at some point soon you’ll be more confident!
    Mel- a lovely time away for you- how do you manage to lose when you’re away?! I seem to be stuck weightwise too, but am a few pounds more than I was last year, so not impressed! Have never managed maintenance very well either!! Sounds like Jodie was a total star! Keep strong fasting…
    Jean- I guess if you’ve got a family, it would be a worry not having enough…We lived somewhere pretty isolated as a teenager, snowed in several times, stranded after the 1987 storm, without power for a while, I think that’s stayed with me & we’ve always been prepared with extra tinned stuff etc, so no need for us to panick buy!
    Dave- hope traffic’s not too bad today, & hope son gets on okay.
    Window cleaner came again; did our blocking thing again from TV, Xena huffed & puffed a bit but said hello to him again. Hopefully she’ll get even more relaxed with time! She’s been out for an extra walk to get some eggs, so is worn out now!

Hi..
    Just finished cleaning…it takes more effort these days…maybe the two hours Charlie walking makes a difference…we never have visitors, you get out the habit, nice they are coming…daughter and SIL are coming he didnā€™t want to come but I put him in a corner he couldnā€™t get out of…Steves two sisters are coming on Sunday, one we havenā€™t seen one for 7 years, now that will be interesting ..maybe you have to be on your last legs before they think!

Just had a call from hospital, we are going on Monday instead of Friday..good news but we both donā€™t want to go..šŸ˜¬

Mel..
    We are in the county just go to a small town to shop….my cupboards and freezers are always full, a habit from my mums war days, it passed to me…just small weekly top ups, mostly fresh stuff.

A lovely trip to Wales visiting and a stop over in a hotel…very nice…I donā€™t know how you loose weight when you go away…itā€™s hard maintaining, I am better than years ago fasting really helps me.

Hedgehog..
    Itā€™s good Xena is getting better with the window cleaner…thought Charlie was getting better not humping, naughty with it again this morning.

Jean x

Afternoon all

Yesterday would have normally been a fast day but woke up with a headache so needed to eat and stayed away from any screen activity but feeling better today.

My freezer is quite full and definitely not panic buying anything especially not loo rolls which seems to be a very strange item to buy in bulk but each to their own.

I saw that Tom Hanks and his wife were tested positive with the virus among others it’s worrying times for everyone.

Back home,no internet at Warrington just can’t get a signal using EE.Never a problem with Vodafone.My son seems to be doing well with the therapist,he booked another appointment in two weeks time, seeing if he will be ok with a two week break.Not seen any news today so don’t know what’s happening with Covid19.

Just found out…our small doctors surgery in our village is closing to be a testing centre for the virus…we have to go to the next village at our larger surgery….

My SIL is a Royal Mail lorry driver….has been told last week to be on standby to move food for eg Tesco..

Things are being put in place and no one knows about it…

X

There are no toilet rolls at Tesco for the next week šŸ˜±.Why I don’t know, you don’t get diarrhoea with the virus!!!Been shopping in Sainsbury’s tonight didn’t look for toilet rolls or the like. I think the football will finish now until next season. I have just found out the cycling which we have tickets for as been cancelled.

Jean- that’s weird about the surgeries, they were saying on the news that they’re not going to be testing people now unless they’re going into hospital! Interesting about the Royal Mail! Have you done any baking for the visitors?
    Dave- shame about the cycling, & the football…& everything else! Do you like reading?!
    Sarah- amazing effort today! ā­šŸ†ā­
    Mel- I think I’d stay permanently at the smallholding, until this is all over, ideal place to be!
    Typhoo- glad the headaches gone, & that your freezer’s fine!
    Tammy- you’re quiet, busy at work?
    Kay- how are you?
    DF- hope you have a good weekend off!
    Minols- will it be a family day off for you tomorrow?
    Nana- are you back from Norwich now? Hope you had a good time!
    Caught up with some jobs this afternoon, but youngest is coming home earlier than expected, so need to make up his bed…he’d already left when I got his message, so couldn’t tell him that eldest isn’t feeling great, he’ll fret about catching that when he gets home šŸ˜Ø. Eldest was all blaseĀ“ about coronavirus until he started feeling ill, he’s been googling it all day at work! No cough though, not much of a temp either…

Goodness everything feels strange in this new world…

Just finishing a day of fasting. Quite a tough one and a hectic day what with grandchildren and another flat tyre.

Jean, a lot of preparation for you. Hope your visitors appreciate it and it all goes well. Quite a lot of work I always think, having lots of people. Pleased your appointment is sooner than you thought. Iā€™m usually quite well stocked too. We would run out of some things but wouldnā€™t starve for a couple of weeks.

Mel, well done on 2lbs. The right sort of fluctuation. Think I might be ā€˜fluctuatingā€™ the other way tomorrow. Great to be going to Wales and sounds a safe bet too.

Typhoo, I donā€™t get the whole tp thing either. Weird.

DF well done on yesterday. Enjoy your weekend. Wishing you lovely weather and a nice break free from worry.

HH, Jean, Mel so great to be maintaining ot thereabouts which I know must be as hard as the journey itself. Hope to be getting to that heady position some time soonish. Not this week…..

Looking forward to seeing some friends tomorrow night for dinner at their house. Theyā€™re meant to be going to the states shortly and will be interested to hear what theyā€™ve decided to do or even if itā€™s their decision anymore shortly. Ho hum. Stay safe everyone x

Mel week done on your loss.I wonder what the virus figures will be in the morning ā˜¹ļø,can’t see an end to it yet.

Hi
    Sorry Been bad not gotten on, I have officially declared this week a right off!!!, I need to get back on it next week.
    Well as expected daughter’s trip is cancelled, all her hockey stuff is cancelled, not sure if her trip to the
    Theatre with school is cancelled, feel sorry for all the kids.
    One of my bosses thinks my trip to London will get cancelled, they have even cancelled the stock take that was supposed to happen next week, which I really don’t understand, as there will be less staff than normal in the shop!!!
    All seems to be going a bit mad.
    Hope your all keeping well, and stocked up lol.
    Last day of work tomorrow, thankfully then a few days off.
    Hopefully get on tomorrow.
    Tammy x

No sports to watch now ā˜¹ļø. Speedway starts soon unless it gets cancelled.Watching a film at the moment.Will start fasting on Monday.

Dave, maybe means you get some early nights!

Going off tonight I don’t think so šŸ˜

Morning

Weighed and stayed exactly the same. Quite relieved…what is wrong with me?? But itā€™s prob better than I deserve even with 2 decent fasts so considering myself lucky but the point of this is to get to (generous) target weight so maintaining over a stone too heavy is not an option.

Tammy what a shame for your daughter and for you, though London has the highest density of cases in UK so not going there has to be the right thing to do. I wouldnā€™t be going there right now.

I can see both sides of closing schools etc, definitely difficult either way, but if we are following the science it wonā€™t be telling us radically different things to the other affected countries. And as for the banning of mass gatherings, it appears the country just made that decision for itself in the absence of a ban a day ago. If we thought brexit would be the most radically defining issue of a generation we were wrong….

HH hope youngest son improved and elder not freaking out about it and you can see your mum again. Such a disgrace sonā€™s employer saying donā€™t self isolate. Thatā€™s the kind of attitude that wonā€™t.

Jean, hope visitors enjoyable not just hard work esp the sister Steve hasnā€™t seen for 7 years. Families eh? I used to think my birth family was the most dysfunctional ever both past and present but the more your hear from other people you realise itā€™s very common. Are you going into isolation after that?

Iā€™m not quite sure of the actual definition of self isolation if people actually think we have IT. Does it mean no shopping in person. I think Iā€™d still walk Gretel on quiet routes and go to allotment keeping well away from other people.

Nana, you might be home now. Hope your birthday trip was great.

House seems quiet after Granddaughter for two days. I was happy to hand them back yesterday but the day after I always miss the little voices demanding this or that, causing general chaos, and making us laugh all day. Anyway Iā€™ll survive a quiet day with an evening out.

Right off to warm up croissant, semi stale actually but still….have a good weekend all x

Morning all!
    Jean- enjoy your visitors, is that the right word?! Pleased your appt has been brought forward, less time to have it playing on your minds..
    Sarah- enjoy being cooked for with your friends after your hectic day yesterday! I think flights to US will get cancelled too…
    Tammy- They may well cancel it, a shame for you. Hope you get back on track!
    Dave- at least you can still go bowling at the moment…
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    Nothing planned today, but a book I ordered has come, so might get stuck into that! Both boys now home, all okay. Not sure what to do fasting wise, think I might do another week of 800cals, was going to do an 800 today, but there’s still cheesecake left šŸ˜‚

Morning All..
    A bit drizzling here…

Hair to dry then walk..daughter and SIL coming at 10.30….sisters have cancelled Sunday, where the younger one works a few people have been sent home from work, more precautionary but they donā€™t think itā€™s fair to come…we will do it at a later stage….

Dave..
    Itā€™s a shame on the the sport a lot of men wonā€™t know what to do…

Hedgehog..
    Easy today just a snack and granola buns, daughters favourite …bought a few things in for tomorrow, buffet sort of things, I wonā€™t make my quiche now Steve is looking forward to his trifle so I will make that later today.
    Virus things are moving and getting quite a worry…I have heard schools are going to close on the 20th but my daughter hasnā€™t said anything.
    Hope your son soon feels better, Steves sniffling and I have a cough…but I am ok…

Sarah..
    Enjoy your meet up with friends tomorrow..see what they doing for USA.

Tammy..
    All very sad but it will get worse. Schools will close soon…It is saying a quarter of people are continuing as normal and not bothering in the UK. In Milan, the hospitals, the 40 year age group are dying, the nurses arenā€™t getting tested because they need them working, they are having to choose who they let die…looking at 6 months plus to last.

Sarah..
    Maintaining is better than gaining…I think your body takes time to adjust ..we have gone 3 and even 6 months with no weight movement, itā€™s hard but it does start to move again…
    We will be in isolation from today, barring hospital and I shall be doing the shopping, or maybe online…Charlie walking in open air and keeping distance from people, I shall tell them, we are in the country we often donā€™t see people when outside…

Well keep safe and have a good weekend…

Jean x

It’s such a shame all this isolation.I will still be going out with Heidi and shopping.I don’t know what will happen with the bowling,given that there is only one younger than me and he is 65,we are all in the danger group.I think I would go stir crazy if I have to isolate.I keep checking for news about our cruise.Heidi is giving me the take me out look so I better go.

Afternoon All..
    Lovely few hours with daughter…SIL texting on phone all the time!…just got a small job dropping something to our best man meeting him half way on the motorway …then thatā€™s it….

Good news our new car is here a few weeks early…..picking it up Wednesday hopefully…sorting number plate change over out….
    Will have to clean all Charlieā€™s hairs out of our car and empty it Monday or Tuesday…make it presentable.

Save…
    Things are so up and down see what the next few weeks bring….you bowl outside that might be ok to do…

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Jean- nice that your car will be ready early! How rude of your SIL, thought it was just the youngsters who did that! Shame about your other visitors, wil you have food left over?! Italy sounds a real worry; hubby saw online that the Italian pm has rung Boris to tell him not to be such an idiot, & to do more while we can, not to end up like Italy…don’t know if that’s true. Also seen reports online that those who’ve been very ill but survive end up with damaged lungs, that sounds feasible, can’t believe our government are happy for us all to get it! One Scottish minister actually suggested it would help solve the social care crisis, can you believe that?! We are avoiding as much as possible…
    Dave- it’s going to be hard for you, as Jean says hopefully you can still bowl?
    I’ll be okay, don’t get bored, will just take Xena for lots of walks! Been to the forest twice today, can keep away from people there! Youngest is still off today, he’s bought some new boots so came as well to try them out, Xena likes it when he comes!

Listening to 5 live today. Not my usual station but it’s been very informative on the virus. 1 in 300 who need it to receive critical care. Personally i can’t see the current government strategy adds up. HH you do wonder uf there’s an underlying economic or political motive or worse going on. They say they’re learning lessons from the other countries yet the strategy realky doesn’t indicate that.

Jean SIL = v rude! Talk about family support when you need it most.

We’re treating my OH as being either at risk or on the cusp of it. He’s almost 68 and has some lung damage. Not ongoing lung disease but think enough to be concerned. We’re not concerned about me. Not isolating but being very very careful and choosy.

HH like you we won’t get bored. Have loads of big jobs in allotment and garden and need to repaint whole summerhouse, do walks on the downs or beach. Hilary Mantel’s new book just arrived. It’s a whopper and going to reread the first two in the trilogy. Basically we could keep ourselves busy and amused for a long while. The tricky factor will be grandchildren…

Concerned for sister who smokes and is not far off 30 stone and is in complete denial!

All feels slightly surreal. Pleased to be seeing close friends tonight….xx

How funny Sarah, my Hilary Mantel arrived a couple of days ago but I decided to re read the first two as well. Had to buy them again, just arrived. Thatā€™s us sorted šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Viewing 50 posts - 27,001 through 27,050 (of 35,428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.