Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,920 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,351 through 25,400 (of 35,407 total)

• Hope everyone’s doing okay. I’m so hungry still. I went for a walk and just having a green tea now.

I managed to resist left over Christmas chocolate that someone brought into work this morning, but I really don’t think I could have resisted if it were Scottish shortbread, which I absolutely LOVE!

Keep strong, keep strong …

Afternoon all
    I’m a late to bed, late to rise person, unless work gets in the way.
    Am also cold and hungry get today, had a decaf, may need another, got work at 2 to 8 today and tomorrow, I have weetabix for my tea, hopefully it will help fill me up.
    I see my original post did decide to turn up !!!
    Dave and Nana, meals out sound lovely.
    HH, new church, will be a nightmare I’m sure, but worth it in the end.
    Minols, I love shortbread, and living in Scotland, it’s a staple food lol.
    Kay65, good luck with your first fast of the year.
    Symba7, maybe no cake 🤭
    Sarah,DF,cakey,Typhoo, hope your days go well.
    Sorry if I have missed anyone, or muddled you up.
    Daughter back to school, so all good, must go get ready for work,
    Catch you later
    Tammy x

Alright – before I get flung over the border…I do like shortbread (I like a lot of things full of butter and sugar, hence my hips!) but I’m desperately trying to categorise things that are not right at the top of my list as things I can live without…and things like Walker’s shortbread, and some other mass-produced shortbreads, I can live without. It lessens the temptation. Like when I discovered an after-taste to Pringles – it gave me a reason for not just sitting down and devouring an entire tube. Did I find other things? Absolutely! but tyring to have a reason for indulging and a reason for refusing.

However – Jeanette’s shortbread…irresistible!

BTW – now warm and toasty, but still hungry! Another cuppa calls to get me through to a wee meeting with someone who never gives in to temptation, so I won’t either, and then home, when I have the smallest portion of sausage casserole if I need it.

Mx

Hi everyone and thank you all so much for the warm welcome back. I have now weighed and need to lose 26lbs in order to get back to a sensible goal weight. I actually miscalculated as last time I was 21lbs heavier than this at the start. That gives me a bit of hope. I am trying for a low day rather than fast day today as really not sorted with what to do and eat and I posted spur of the moment yesterday. But now I’ve filled in the tracker sothe forum has helped already.

Minols my meds are twice a day and with food because of GI tract consequences so I will have to trial a few different ways of doing it but the 800 idea sounds sensible. I am and have been on a very high dose (Colchecine) for quite a while but the idea is that it might be reduced gradually over several years starting this August all being well so fingers crossed but I am determined not to use it as an excuse to get fatter and fatter. I just need to work around it. As always it is willpower and greed that is the key for me.

I’ve scrolled back a bit and see I’ve missed a good bit (obvs!) and some lovely new, or new to me, folk. But can see that Jean has a dog! And that Steve may have had some health issues. I hope those are resolved now Jean. If Charlie is like our Gretel that will never be fully resolved. Also so sorry about Ellie Bean, Kay. Signing off now as we look after our 2 year old granddaughter on Thurs and Fr while my daughter works and nap time is over….

Go well fasters!

Feeling peckish so I am having a coffee, normally tea but I think coffee lessons my urge for food, only another 5 hours then I can eat. Doing a lot of fiddling around to change the carparking for our holidays since Tui changed the flight times 😠. Denise is on the phone as I speak.Jean what a georgeous house you have,don’t know which one it is but they’re all lovely.So jealous,mines a crumby old terrace.

Lots of fasters today and BTW can we stop with the shortbread conversation 😂😂. First FD of the year and going ok. Feel a bit lightweight (I wish!) doing 800 but sometimes come in quite a bit less. Disappointed cos I woke up feeling rubbish again. Got a few jobs done though.
    Nice to see our merry band expanding again (welcome Sarah, you have been through the mill poor thing.)
    Anyway, writing this through brain fog, so will just say stay strong everyone, we’ve got this.

Mel .. 800 is definitely not lightweight, stay strong! I agree about the shortbread lol 🙂

Dave – Coffee curbs my appetite slightly. Almost time to eat, I have about 4 hours to go now. I don’t get home from work till almost 6 .. even when leaving at 4! I work in Sale, not sure how close you are 🙂

I’ve not had anything as yet, although how I’ve done it I don’t know as I’ve been so hungry today! Less than an hour to work now, I can do it.

Stay strong everyone else fasting, a few of us today xx

Still hungry but holding the baton up high,only tea and coffee so far today. I think I will last another two or three hours. Will take Heidi out again when the school have all gone home. I think Heidi’s scoffed all her weed, she will have to find a new supplier 😵😖🥴.

DF a few years ago I took my grandson to go and watch Sale play rugby at Salford’s ground.I left home an hour and a half before kick-off,the drive down the M60 if there were no holdups would be less than half an hour but we got there at halftime 😵😖😮.I sometimes go to the ice hockey at Altrincham, that’s as close as I get to Sale.

Afternoon All..
    Sorted the few jobs out a good walk and a naughty biscuit on a fast day…I will have ultra low night this evening to pull it back over 500 but under 800….Stephen!!!! Naughty.

Kay..
    Glad to have you back take it steady and keep strong …hard on the first fast of the year. Hope you both soon feel better…

DF..
    You forget how hard it is when you are at work and all the naughties what pass through…😬

Tammy..
    Have a good work day..a late turn on at two….

Minols..
    Lovely you have warmed the office up…church’s are always cold to big to warm…

Sarah..
    Lower weight than you thought…good news 😀..Steve is pushing on and we are managing..age!…I can’t believe we have had Charlie 11 months, I wouldn’t change it at all, he will be 4 on the 22nd January.

Dave..
    It’s a nightmare when they mess the flight times up…ours is a small three bed semi but enough for the two of us…at least you can picture where we are….well done on the baton held high…no weed of Heidi left 😬

Mel..
    Hope you feel better as the day progresses…800 is a good idea if you are not top form…

Just having a cuppa…

It will be a late night toilet walk for Charlie he’s shattered, he’s late getting his head down with being out all morning, wrapped up in his blanket!

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Don’t know what is wrong with me, I have picked today, all low stuff, I used to go all day, maybe keto was helping with keeping hunger at bay, more than I realised! I want to go back on it but debating when, a few things coming up this month…
    DF- that is a long commute!
    Stay strong everyone!

Afternoon Everyone,
    Mel and Dragon Fly sorry but we were given a late Christmas present of All Butter Shortbread and a Box of Chocolates today – have put them away so hopefully our of sight out of mind 😕.
    Welcome Sarah hope your weight loss journey goes well for you not easy with health issues but in the end it’ll be worth it and will hopefully improve your health issues.
    A good visit to Ely again this morning but the market was very small again.
    Sounds like a lot of FD and Low days being done today hope it’s going well for all of you.
    Jean and Hedgehogs we’ve owned two dogs in the past the first was a rescued 9month old Golden Labrador who was so easy never a problem in the car walked perfectly and was good with other dogs and people. Our second rescued dog was a mongrel who howled every time we took him in the car because he’d been dumped from a car and thought we’d do the same I guess. We used to own a caravan at Heacham near Hunstanton which we used to go to every weekend and he loved being there but oh the journey of 50 miles each way was a nightmare.
    Have a good rest of the day.
    Nana x

Absolutely starving now,I feel sick with hunger,but will resist a little longer.Took Heidi out again she never stopped for her fix, probably had it all😵.Shoes off now and settled down for the night. Going to Denise’s mums tomorrow but I won’t be staying,I will drop of Denise then take my son to a therapist in Warrington.He has seen a NHL therapist a few times but not done any good so trying a paid one. The first session is for an hour and cost £10 it’s just too see what he needs. If he continues it will cost £35 per session I think so I will pay for some of them. Just want him well.

It’s a worry, Dave, so really hope it helps. I know it can, but sometimes it’s about finding the right person.

Came home and finished the last couple of poppadoms – felt guilty so looked up the cals… Only 35 each – wahey!

So Ivve still got my wee drop of casserole to have while the boys have beef olives. Just realised there’s no chocolate in the house for later… May go and make some buns as the OH likes something as a wee supper, and I’m finished with work for the day – yippee!

Mx

Just at my work break, there are 25 steps up to our canteen and I hate every single one of them, would be nice to make it up without stopping.
    Just had weetabix and banana, it was needed, had a couple ofmoments of light headedness, but sure I will adjust soon.
    Shopping day with mother tomorrow, normally involves a bacon and egg roll, might need to switch it up.
    Dave you’ve done well to keep going, nothing worse than feeling sick.
    Everyone seems to be, being strong today, I wont eat any more, I should be under 500.
    Minols, casserole sounds good, but beef olives sound better, and I’ve missed out on mine from yesterday, as they are having them tonight, just as well I’m not there.
    Right better get back to it.

Tammy x

Well done Tammy stay strong.

Hedgehog..
    It’s one of those days…we have been haughty I am having soup tonight 77 cals to pull back…Steve low too….you are not on form if you are picking…

Nana..
    Can you be strong and keep off your Christmas presents…we have quite a few left in the back bedroom.

Dave..
    Good luck on tomorrow it’s hard when someone needs help…Steves daughter went for 6 months and then a bit more, never got to the bottom of it as she wouldn’t talk about it…strangely she is very good at the moment she usually is the nightmare daughter…

Minols..
    That’s good on the poppadoms, I do a lovely garlic dip Steve said to do it for lunch time snack, not just with curry…hope the boys enjoy the buns….

Tammy..
    Keep strong you seem to have everything under control with a plan…soon be 8pm….

We found damp in our caravan at the service and are waiting for Bailey to give the go ahead to be done under warranty….caravan place rang and told us they refused it as it was in the bathroom…we rang them back and told them we have only used the shower 20 times, wiped down after each time it was used and the warranty is for 10 years, nothing saying excluding different areas…caravan place rang Bailey back and they have now agreed, thank goodness it could of been up to £1000..phew!

Have a good night..

Jean x

Belly full now,I had two poached eggs,two Richmond sausages,two back bacon and a tin of baked beans.just under 800 calories.So I suppose I will be a little over with the tea and coffee drinks,scales tomorrow.I cooked all on an actigrill, it’s like a George Foreman but made by Tefal.Thanks to Jean poached eggs perfect.

What is the secret to the poached eggs? In all my 62 years I have never made an edible one!

I boil a pan of water so it’s really bubbling stir the water to creat a whirlpool break the egg into it leave it on full on the hob,wait until all the white comes to the top of the pan and then fish it out. Perfect.Takes a minute or two.I boil the kettle then put it on the hob to keep it boiling.

The thing that that makes a poached egg imperfect is the fact that it’s made with an egg! Only good thingade with an egg is cake… (again, we might be getting to the root of my problems?!)
    Mx

Dave…perfect poached egg 😂😂😂
    X

Just made Denise one absolute perfection 😄😄😄.

No salt or vinegar?

No nothing not needed.

Just a slotted spoon to take it out of the water.

And a twist of the black pepper grinder…

Not before it’s cooked though, salt and pepper then.

Not exactly the fd I was hoping for as I ate something about 2ish rather than hold out til my one meal. Dinner was quite low luckily but I didnt weigh the cheese I snacked on, so who knows what I ate in terms of cals 🙈

At this rate I will need to do adfs!!

I will see if I lose this week,if not I might try three days of 1000 calories and four days a thousand below my TDEE.All will be revealed tomorrow.

We have not had the best week….not expecting too much on weigh in tomorrow….our German biscuits one day, a bit loose fast day today 😬
    X

Home now, sitting with black coffee, the weetabix did the trick and I’m not really hungry at the moment, I love poached eggs, eggs of any description really.
    Dave your tea sounds yum
    Jean well done about the caravan
    Catch you all tomorrow
    Tammy x

It’s the first week Jean got to get back into it slowly, whatever the outcome next week is another week.

I guess today should be classed as a controlled day for me, the first for some time. Maybe 800 cals. It is very hard just after Christmas so well done to everyone. You all seem straight on it for 2020 give or take the odd wobble. I’m going to try for a proper first fast on Monday and keep it low til then. We are always quite tired on Thursdays. It is an early start and our little 2 year old granddaughter is gorgeous and funny and very amenable but you forget how much hard work is involved.

Have a great Friday everyone. Nearly the weekend.

Good morning all

Im up at silly o’clock as I can’t sleep anymore and got tired of tossing and turning in bed doesn’t always happen when fasting but can be an annoying part of it.

Only an hour to go until i can eat some breakfast and stomach is rumbling like a thunderstorm in a horror movie.

Dave

I can’t remember the last time I had a poached egg the only ingredient you are missing is a very generous dollop of ketchup.

Morning all, so glad its Friday and two FD’s done and dusted till Monday! Yesterday was hard, I was so hungry. I think we all felt the same from reading posts. I was well under 600 at the end of the day, and went to bed early so I didn’t start feeling hungry again. Controlled day for me, exercise already done.

Dave – hope it goes okay for your son, it must be a worry. My sons 27 now and I think I worry more now than I ever did.

Have a good day all, catch up later x

Quick hi, early shopping
    Weighed with new batteries and it had me 6lbs heavier, but I had to weigh 4 times to get the same weight, think it might be the scales.
    Have a good day, catch up later.
    Tammy x

Morning all!
    Dave- hope the therapist works out well for your son, such a worry, but good that he still works…sounds a very reasonable price, pay alot more round here. Hope MIL is okay, & good luck with the weigh in later!
    Jean- not like you to struggle with a FD! Good news on the caravan damp problem, it would’ve been expensive!
    Nana- your poor old dog, that’s sad that he always found the car difficult. We used to have a static caravan at Kessingland, it’s lovely to get away, we miss it!
    DF- well done with your FD! Have a good day!
    Steve- well done you as well, I have trouble sleeping on FDs sometimes too. Enjoy your breakfast!
    Minols- so hard when you have to cook for the rest of the family! Didn’t realise poppadums were that low in cals, might have to get some 😂
    Tammy- you did well yesterday! Enjoy your shopping trip, hope that you can resist the roll! Hope you can get some reliable scales too!
    Kay- eek, cheese! If I have it on a FD I do weigh it, then usually decide it’s not worth the cals!
    Sarah- lucky you to have your granddaughter! But very tiring! 800cal days are a good way to get into it again.
    Lots of us now to keep track of; sorry if I miss someone!
    Had a lovely stir fry ladt night with barenaked noodles; only 15cals but I was finally full! Had a meeting last night, so kept busy. A bit of shopping today, another 800cal day hopefully!

Morning All…
    A cold start again…hairdressers this morning…

Steve lost 1 lb and I have stayed the same…..

Kay..
    Oops cheese it is always high in calories for the portion size..

Tammy..
    Glad the weetabix worked..new scales I think…our Salter is good went for a good make.

Sarah..
    Lovely to have the little ones but can be shattering..rest up today…

Tyhpoo..
    I was awake at 5 am too, because of fasting I think….

DF..
    Well done on getting through the two fasts and back into the exercise…

Hedgehog…
    Steve blew it buying biscuits I said no..😬….enjoy your shopping day…

Dave..
    Good luck on weigh in…

Lots of people to go through now…all gave a good day…

Jean x

Just back from our walk…a cold start but came a lot milder while out…

Hairdressers at 10.30 for a cut and blow…didn’t realise it was this week I have cut my fringe, thought she had left it longer last time but no….

Shopping a bit later not much just a top up..

Steve in bad books when I came back…messing with the printer ink, shaking it up…and yes all over my wall, fortunately not anywhere else!…I hope….a painting job for me later my only white wall so hopefully not too bad…

Jean x

Jean- oh dear, naughty Steve! Shame about the weight, but you were very restrained over Christmas so haven’t got much to shift!
    Mel- think I forgot you earlier; hope you feel more lively today!
    I’ve lost a measly pound too, but had the meal out in the middle of the week do can’t complain!

Oh no, Jean! Hopefully looks worse than it is? But nightmare!

HH – cheese is always worth the cals…but I know what you mean. I had a couple of tiny bits of parmesan yesterday, just for the flavour. Managed the FD reasonably.

Tammy – those scales sound a nightmare – but well done on the weetabix…not one I’d thought of.

Thinking ofyour son today, Dave. Hope a connection is formed that is useful.

Keeping it straghtforward today. Breakfast muffin, sandwich lunch, takeaway tea, and no snacks in between.

Mx

It’s a cold and frosty morning out there and almost went over on my butt as I was only wearing trainers and didn’t realise how frosty it was.

Still looking on Amazon for some accurate bathroom scales but there’s so much choice and you can almost get a full body check up not just your weight anymore

Steve ketchup,no,no,no only brown sauce on eggs or bacon.I am at the therapist now it’s a nice place they made us both a cuppa and my son is talking to her now.25lbs to go to my first target.I lost 3lbs,so a good start.HH a measly pound is my target for each week anything more is a bonus.

No sauce of any colour on eggs at all…😬
    Well done on the weight loss, Dave! Hope your son gets on okay with the therapist…my nephew is still waiting for CBT on the NHS, if he was my son I’d pay for him to go quicker.
    Minols- keep strong!
    Done loads of cooking- made a veggie lasagne for eldest son; he’s going away tomorrow so he can have it when he gets there, got veg & sauce ready for me & for the boys dinner tonight, & garlic bread made, still got the washing up to do! Alot less hungry today, thankfully, just had a little lunch.

Shopping done….looking for a cheap shallow cast iron pan, they are so good to cook with….waiting for an offer….

Hedgehog..
    I am below goal so I am really maintaining..I would like 2lbs or 3 lbs off max for wriggle room …so I am ok about it.

I think Charlie could be veggie he wouldn’t eat his scrambled egg breakfast till his veg cooked then he ate the lot!..so fussy eater…lots of your food organised for this evening…do you have a diary on who’s in or out, always a lot of movement of your sons……braised steak for us I can never cook it so it’s fingers crossed 😂…..we had some lovely braised steak out so giving it another try…

Minols..
    Caravan going in Monday…In for a few weeks …so no away next week good job it wasn’t booked!

Tyhpoo..
    Ended up quite mild here….you always have the bad weather watch your butt…..hoping to come up to Scotland in September when the bugs have gone…bring Charlie back to his past life..( near Glasgow)

Dave..
    Hope all goes well with your son…a touch of salt on my egg….

Jean x

Jean, I wish Jodie would eat some veg but she won’t touch anything.
    Good FD yesterday (740 cals). Weighed myself, same as just before Christmas. Five pounds over target but would like a couple more.
    Kay you mentioned Dublin Murders a while back, just got round to watching it, two episodes a night over four nights. Really enjoying it but I think having read the books make it easier to follow!
    Dave, thinking about your son, hope it goes well. Well done on the weight loss.
    Tammy think you defo need new scales!
    Trying to keep carbs down, 16:8 too. Had sardines, tomatoes and a little Philly Lite for lunch. Very nice and didn’t feel stuffed like I do with bread etc.

Mel..
    Well done on not putting any weight on over Christmas..still not feeling may of helped…!

Hedgehog..
    Braised steak has turned out really good, unfortunately with chips 😂

JUST NOTE TO ALL…have you noticed this site is going down tonight till middle of Saturday afternoon..

Jean x

Poached eggs I put too much salt on and lots of pepper and brown sauce🤤🤤😋😋😋.Just back from Warrington. My seems to be happy with the therapist he is going to book another session next week. He had a few months with an NHS therapist but didn’t do any good. He was in over an hour today and already said what they will be working on next time so looking positive.

Good news Dave. Site down – I will miss it in the morning!

Viewing 50 posts - 25,351 through 25,400 (of 35,407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.