Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,967 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 4 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,301 through 25,350 (of 35,454 total)

• Steve the are lots of scales on Amazon.I have just had a sandwich so not going to be a fast day,but should be a low day.Spanish lessons were good, we all have a good laugh, I was the only man today so on my best behaviour 😄.Will have plenty of calories tomorrow just bought some scones and clotted cream 😋😋😋.Devon tea🤤🤤.It’s gone very dark here.The fitness class as been cancelled again tomorrow but winter bowling starts tomorrow so I will do that, I think it’s only between club members, so mixed bowling.Tui just called to say our flight times have changed again😠😠😠,out the time back 4 hours in both directions 😠😠😠.So now we won’t get there until late afternoon and home just past midnight.

Afternoon!
    CD- stay strong…just think that you can eat normally tomorrow (& hopefully you won’t want to undo the good you’ve done & overeat, which is often my downfall after fasting!) Hope your daughter gets better soon & you don’t catch it!
    Typhoo- glad you’re better! We have several family birthdays in January so gives me something to look forward to! Hopefully spring will be here soon, I have a couple of snowdrops out already!
    Jean- is Charlie still enjoying the new food? I’ve bought some reduced price pork mince for Xena for tonight.
    Dave- really annoying when they keep changing flight times, especially if you don’t want to arrive or come home too late…glad the Spanish class was good!
    Have got so cold today, I don’t think I’ll be warm until I have a hot bath & go to bed, one thing I hate about fasting!

It hasn’t been very light here all day and now it’s starting to get even darker as night falls.

Dave

You are a very bad boy having scones and clotted cream all you’re missing is some strawberry jam to top it off. I’m sure they will be scone in no time 😝😝

Don’t worry Steve I have the strawberry jam too🐷🐷🐷. Wouldn’t be a proper Devon tea without it. HH I have just turned the fire off,so warm. No doubt Denise will be wanting it back on soon.The two ladies who are teaching us Spanish are both away for the next two weeks, so she as left all her books and told us to learn Spanish without them.

Hedgehog..
    Charlie’s new lamb food going down really well he dances for it, and gobbles it which he never does, two more portions then changing onto chicken..good for backup in caravan or stand by here…and away in the pub.
    Snowdrops already, Spring around the corner..I do like all the bulb flowers, weather then on the change 😀
    Hope the pork mince goes down well, freeze it in bags a few meal portions in each, I do it for beef mince, keep it in a Charlie bag! 😂I only do a couple of tablespoons for a taster on top of his kibble.

Dave..
    Scones, jam and cream ummm…I had some out the freezer the other day..lovely….behave yourself with the women in your Spanish class..soon be holidays..

Typhoo..
    The mild weather seems to be arriving, chilly this morning….looked at the scales, they are Salter off Amazon.

Cold pork tonight, quite delicious looking forward to it, bought some new potatoes to cook in the skins too…

Jean x

Hi everyone

Well done the faster – chuffed for you even if you are putting me to shame!

HH – I was thinking this morning that I’d like to start th running again, although I might just wait until life has got back into some sort of pattern again in the mornings.

Just in from piano lesson – I’m so loving playing again.

Dave – the boy has started teaching himself Spanish using an app on his phone. It’s great. When I think he’s been playing too much fortnite I tell him to do Spanish and because it’s gadget-based he loves it!

Ivve ordered the curry for tonight – a couple of people have called off at the last minute… So I might be bringing leftovers home – yum! No – behave… I’ll give them to the OH for lunch tomorrow!

Mx

Minols…
    Well done on the piano, lovely you have really got back into it…enjoy the curry this evening..make sure you give out large portions out 😂…

Jean x

Minols I have a couple of apps,Dulingo and learn Spanish phrases.On Google play store.

Evening everyone,
    A quick check in before going out for our meal this evening. Am pleased to report that I have lost 2Ibs so pleased with that – think I’ll make my weigh in day a Tuesday.
    Dave annoying about the flight changes was chatting to a neighbour at the weekend and she said her flights outward and homeward had both been changed by 6 hours later each way. Hope Denise enjoys her birthday 🎂tomorrow.
    Jean nice to get away for a couple of days – we’re off to Lowestoft in February to celebrate husbands birthday. Got on okay at our first appointment with the NHS dentist we registered with before Christmas £45.40 for the both of us as opposed to £120 we paid for our last check up. Next appointment will be in July
    Typhoo glad you’re feeling a bit better.
    Hedgehogs new glasses 👓 are fine can’t believe how much better they are than the ones I have been wearing.
    Hope everyone else has had a good day whether fasting or not.
    Nana x

Been a good lazy day, was going to try and go total fast, but then told myself off for being stupid, so made a pot of chicken and veg soup(mostly veg), so have had some of that for tea, now I’m hungry,and I wasn’t before I ate!!!.
    Pouring down here just now, not a nice evening, daughter has managed some soup, having woken after a solid 6hrs sleep, she will never drop off tonight.
    Went to the shop and forgot to get batteries for my scales, but no rush really.
    Hope you’ve all had a good day.

CD xxx

CD I always feel hungry an hour or so after a meal when fasting 🥴.My first weigh-in is Friday so fingers crossed I have lost a pound. The cricket was brilliant today,now it’s City v United at 8pm so I will be a bag of nerves.

Nana..
    Well done on the 2lb off..that’s great…a good saving at the dentist glad it all went well, I think you get used to one and stay, I am still not happy with mine.

CD..
    Stay strong well done on the soup…tell yourself kitchen is closed..

Jean x

Well done CD! Keep strong for the evening…I’m sure your daughter will still need sleep tonight- my youngest (19!) has been fighting a bug & sleeping 14 hrs some nights, although he’s burnt the candle at both ends in the run up to Christmas! Hope the hunger goes away!
    Nana- well done losing 2lbs! Glad the dentist went okay!
    Jean- good you’ve found something you can take easily to the caravan! I do freeze stuff for Xena, there’s almost a drawer full of her stuff 😂😂
    Minols- enjoy the curry night! Will be tempting if you have to take it home! & very impressed that your son is using his phone for something educational!
    Dave- got to keep Denise warm- hubby sits in a T shirt, I have a hot water bottle & a blanket!
    Hope everyone else is okay…
    Just finished dinner- have discovered roast red cabbage, very yum & low cal! Enough cals left for a satsuma.

Hedgehog..
    What stuff do you freeze for Xena ? Any extra ideas for me…I only do mince beef and I have frozen white fish…..do you think you can freeze this wet lamb meat which is in a box I have bought?….I have managed 5 meals out of it but a bit much the same meal all on the trot.

Well done today 😀

Jean x

Been a good day for me sports wise, England cricket and City so very happy but no celebration food or drink.

Morni G all…
    Happy sport day yesterday, Dave and is it happy birthday for Denise?

Up way too early again – getting ridiculous. Curry last night was great and I managed to not pig out too much. I brought one tub home but that’s so the boys can have it tonight and I’ll keep today really low. I don’t think it will be a fast cos too early a start and not feeling too well, but I think it will be porridge and soup a lot (not together – I draw the line at that!)

Well done Nana on your loss – good result so early in the year.

And CD – looks like you’re really in the swing of things and have your ‘sensible head on’!

Jean – if you freeze the food just don’t forget it’s there… Oh put some dog food in the freezer I dread to think how long ago – maybe I should cook it and give it to him instead of curry to ight!

Alright, HH… I’ll bite – walk me through how you cooked the cabbege. I really should up my variety and quantity of veg so if you’ve found one that’s nice I need to know!

Mx

Just a quick good morning, start work at 7, managed my first fast, not too badly, a bit hungrier in the evening but I just filled up with water, have got weetabix and some boiled eggs with me for my work, it’s a 9hr shift, but have beef olives and potatoes to look forward to, am sitting enjoying my first cuppy before heading off, house is in silence except for my daughter’s alarm that I can hear going off from downstairs but she will sleep through it, drives me crazy that her alarm wakes me and I have to wake her to switch it off, many an arguement about that one.
    Right well catch you this evening, hope you all have a good day.

CD or Tammy if you prefer, I forgot to say x

Hi Tammy – don’t work too hard!
    Mx

Morning!
    Minols- poor you!I was up early too. You probably have alot on your mind…hope you can keep low today. The cabbage was just shredded really thin, a little bit of olive oil, & lots of salt, roast 30 mins.
    Tammy- an early start for you as well! Have the same alarm issues with my 2! They set theirs at regular intervals but ignore them!! Well done with the fast yesterday!
    Dave- glad you had a good sport day, & happy birthday to Denise (again!) Enjoy your meal out tonight.
    Jean- I’ve cooked liver, hearts & kidneys for Xena, chopped them finely & frozen them in small helpings too, just mix it in with the dry food. They’re all wuite rich, so not too much! I freeze all the scrappy bits left over from the chicken too. And vary the mince with beef, pork or turkey. Ours are lucky dogs!! She does have cooked veg if there’s some left, but has raw carrot most days anyway.
    Hope everyone has a good day- anyone fasting? A day ‘off’ for me, as we’re meeting up with my NZ cousin for a meal tonight. Seeing my Homestart family hopefully today!

Good morning, letting the birthday girl have a lie in.Just made porridge in the microwave, disaster it came over the top of the bowl,well some of it did,the microwave was spotless so scooped it all up , will do it on the hob next time.Still dark not used to being up this early. Heidi’s not used to being up either 😄.Will make a cuppa then take Heidi out for a walk.

Morning all!

Dave – enjoy your day, pamper the birthday girl! Have a lovely meal later too 🙂

Tammy – great job on your FD yesterday, I knew you could do it 🙂

Minols – have a good day, hope you feel better soon, early starts are hard going. Quite a few talking of porridge, I love it. May have to get some.

Nana – 2lb off is brilliant. Makes me more determined to do this. I definitely need to.

Jean – have a good day. I’ll be fasting with you tomorrow 🙂

HH – Have a nice meal tonight. Enjoy!

Typh – Hope you have a good day too, fasting or otherwise. I know what you mean about the dark nights/mornings. Soon be summer 🙂

I’m having a low day today … was so bloated yesterday, was uncomfortable all day, it was awful. Not sure why as I’d had a good FD Monday and didn’t overdo it yesterday. Maybe its my body thinking ‘what’s going on’ .. hope today its better, because I cant cope with another day feeling like I did yesterday.

I did do some exercise before leaving this morning, so feeling good about that, and I’ll walk at lunch.

Have a good day all, hope the rain stays off.

Stay strong x

OMG – I just typed a really long post, replying to everyone separately, I went to edit it, and it disappeared! So annoyed grrr.

I was just wishing everyone a good day really, and congratulating on successes etc.

Its a low day for me, struggling with bloating at the moment, not sure why but I presume its my body thinking .. ‘hang on, what’s happening now’. I hope today will be better because I felt sick with it yesterday!

Managed some exercise before work, and weather permitting will walk at lunch. No, I will walk at lunch, I have an umbrella. No more excuses.

Have a great day everyone, I can’t believe I lost my other post!

FD tomorrow, so will be careful today 🙂

Morning Everyone..

Nothing much planned today yet see how we go….

Dave..
    Happy birthday to Denise..hope you have found somewhere different for her meal..good sports day 😀.

Minols..
    I laughed a few of you never know what you are going to eat out of the freezer 😂..dog food is a no, All in a zip bag marked Charlie..

Tammy..
    Hope your work day goes well and low eating too..my SIL has two morning alarms, sleeps through both and they are away from his bed, when I stayed I thought it was a fire alarm he slept through them both or he couldn’t be bothered to stop them 😱

Hedgehog..
    I am having a rethink maybe freezing more different things, cooked chicken, he can’t have offel …just got a email back from my new food he can’t have it such a shame…back to the drawing board on that one..

Have a good HS and enjoy this evening…

Dave..
    That happens to Steve a lot..he walks away and leaves it!

DF..
    Have a good walk lunch time, you always used to do this..hope the bloated feeling goes….looks like your post was saved 😀

Must go and walk Charlie….

Jean x

Lots of calories for me today so definitely a FD tomorrow. Then weigh-in Friday,Jean your idea of getting weighed in on Friday is a great one.Took Heidi out and a girl was laughing at her because she wanted to walk on the other side of the road and I wouldn’t let her,she was dragging back🤭.

Oh, that’s strange! Glad it showed up, and you all have the joy of reading two posts from me LOL

Hallo everyone.
    I have just thrown the last 3 mince pies out for the birds. It required extreme strength of will but I did it. I hope you are all impressed.
    As you might guess I am trying to do my first FD of the New Year. I am going to need a lot of will power but even if I only manage a hefty reduction in calories and not a proper FD I will count that as a success.
    Hope you are all doing well.

Annabelle

Had a good bowling session,we all played three games of 7 ends,you toss up for who bowls the jack which is a bonus if you win the toss.I won the toss the first game against the captain of the Friday team, I was losing 4-0 but came back to win.Next I played a player from the Wednesday team and won the toss again 😄 I won this game 7-2.The last game I played a lady so no toss,she went first,she bowled the jack a very short distance but I won this game too.So all in all a good day,it’s only practice so not getting carried away.Had a scone with jam and clotted cream,think I did it the Cornish way butter,jam then cream.

Hi all, we are actually beginning to feel a bit more normal now, getting my FD head back on and actually feeling enthusiastic. Not before time as I can feel the weight inching on now and all the bad habits (bread, chocolate). So watch this space for tomorrow. I would like to do some ADF but baby steps, let’s get tomorrow done first!
    Re dog food Jodie has Lilly’s Kitchen dry food with roast chicken thigh in the mornings and minced beef in the evening. Can get problematical when we are in hotels but I find I can make enough for four days (helpful if there is a fridge) or quite often the places we stay will keep it in their fridge. There is one lovely place we stay in Scotland that will cook mince that I buy for her! I can always get cooked chicken and if I run out of mince it’s Prince’s steak in gravy! Haven’t found a tinned dog food that she will eat. What a diva!
    Right, will be posting tomorrow as I (belatedly) join the FD party 🎉.

I will be with you tomorrow fasting. Will need to shake off all the calories I have today 🐽🐽🐽.Might go bowling again tomorrow, going to book a cruise for our 45 wedding anniversary tomorrow morning.I need to sort out holiday insurance and car insurance, got a renewal quote for my car but not looked yet.

Dave- hope Denise has had a good day & you have a lovely meal tonight…lovely to be thinking about a cruise 💓 Well done winning the bowling! 👍
    Mel- glad you’re feeling better, & I’ll be joining you on the FD tomorrow, think there’ll be a few of us. Yes, Jodie sounds like a diva! The hotels sound very helpful!
    Annabelle- total respect for throwing away the mince pies- I’d have had them for breakfast 😂 Hope today is going okay, ease into it gently!
    DF- Hope the bloating is better & you can get out for your walk.
    Jean- is the new food not suitable for dallies? Wish I could remember the name of the one Xena sampled at a dog show, she loved it! They were nice top up meals, but quite expensive & I felt I could give her similar at home for alot cheaper!
    Typhoo- hope you’re okay, when’s the next fast?
    Tammy- hope your tummy is okay after the FD, mine can sometimes be iffy after a FD.
    Sorry if I’ve missed anything…
    Had a good walk with Xena, & then out again; are starting a new plan to tackle the noise in the car- taking her out just for a drive, no walk to get excited about, hope maybe eventually she’ll get calmer, think it’ll take a while! Keep forvetting to look into the adaptil products Mel (?) suggested too. HS visit went well, Mum left me with 2 children while she did the school run, they were fine. Forgot a couple of things when we were shopping yesterday, so stopped on the way home. Will get ready soon to go out for dinner!

Hello

You’ve got some very lucky woofs. Ours has dry dog food – James wellbeloved and a couple teaspoons of tuna. If there’s any leftovers he might get a spoon of mashed potato or a little veg. Actually yesterday he had left over sausage but it was chopped up and sprinkled over 3 meals. I always feel want to give him something he enjoys but if I’m being honest he wolfs it all down and on the basis he’s quite partial to days old soggy pizza or tissues he finds out on his walk I don’t think I need to worry. He does love human food but I’ve been very careful over Christmas as if he gets too much it seems too rich and upsets his tummy. To come to think of it he’ll eat anything, loves all fruit and veg – funny boy.

Wish i had the same discipline over my eating habits, although not sure James Wellbeloved dog food is for me 😂

Had a little pasta at 4:30 which was the first break in the day. It was rather tasty and now I don’t feel I need tea. Maybe a fast day after all. Scales hovering over the next pound down so maybe if I close the kitchen I’ll just make it for Friday weigh in.

Right must get on, trying to keep on top of housework ready for estate agent pictures on Friday. Although surreal conversation with H about where will he put all his stuff as potential new house doesn’t have a garage. When I asked what sort stuff he said that in the garage he’s got a fish tank, a hamster cage, a set of wheel trims for a previous car and several mostly-empty pots of paint. He seemed quite put out when I burst out laughing about his ‘treasured possessions’
    Meanwhile scrap metal can came round today and I managed to flag him down and take 3 old bikes and a broken computer chair. #operationhousemove #operationdeclutter.

CW

Evening All…
    A bit bad food wise..shared a packet of German biscuit things a bit like a Jaffa cake…gone now, naughty!!

A good park walk with Oreo, they played and played ran and ran..tired now..

Dave..
    Enjoy your evening…tight fast day tomorrow for us and weigh in Friday…well done on your bowling session…good luck on finding a cruise you want..

Annabelle..
    Hope your days gone well and it’s been a good one…

Mel..
    Thanks for sharing what you do with Jodie, the fresh chicken is easy to buy didn’t think on that…still we are away for two nights so not too bad..
    It’s good you are both feeling better, we will be with you tomorrow…

Hedgehog..
    The food I found wasn’t good for dallies although he enjoyed it…he only had small amounts so I think he would be ok…I have been e-mailing companies and I have found some which would do, depends if he likes them ( just for the holiday)….like you I am going to try and make similar see if it works and freeze it, it will be cheaper.
    Good luck in the car hoping you can settle her down..Charlie is making such a noise when we go to the park, he’s getting worse..just so excited. It’s just training, training all the time 😂

Jean x

Heidi had iams dry food with a full tin of tuna,she also likes tined dog food.Loves chicken and of Denise had pork she loves the bones.Also has a full tin of sardines mixed with iams.Getting ready to go out now will book a taxi when I get dressed.

Evening everyone,
    A lovely meal and a couple of drinks with my old workmates last night definitely not a low calorie day. Met up with our friends for our usual Wednesday lunch – pub has changed their menu so had an open steak sandwich with garlic mushrooms and a side salad plus two glasses of wine only which is what I’ve decided to limit myself to when out for a meal. Have also decided not to drink wine at home. Not feeling hungry so nothing else to eat today.
    Tammy well done on your FD yesterday – they do get easier.
    Hedgehogs Poppy loves a raw carrot and will take it into her crate to eat it. Enjoy your meal tonight.
    Annabelle hope your day has gone well.
    Mel glad to hear you’re feeling better.
    Dave hope Denise has had a good birthday so far.
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
    Nana x

Evening all

It started out as quite a nice bright morning but by mid afternoon turned to rain but at least it wasn’t snowing.

That’s me finished eating now until breakfast on Friday morning so no washing up to do tomorrow that is definitely a nice benefit of fasting.

Hello I hope it’s ok if I come back to the forum? I have been lurking for a day or two and it’s been brilliant seeing a few old friends still on. Hello! I was on this forum from about Sept 16 to May 17. I lost 33lbs and got down to my generous goal. I felt so much better and 5/2 worked so well for me. I even did 0 calorie fasts and felt fine. I stopped not because I got down to goal but because I started having very mysterious symptoms. I was misdiagnosed several times and had many, many tests. It took almost two years to find out what was wrong and I lost a lot more weight, this time through stress and worry. It was such an awful time. I had convinced myself I was not going to recover. I was eventually correctly diagnosed and have been on the right medication since last Feb. I feel fabulous and so lucky to be diagnosed and treated And to have my life back but over the last 9 months have put on a great deal of weight, not helped by the medication I think, it must be at least 20 lbs, though I don’t have the courage to actually weigh yet. I need to do something, though I will have to do it differently as I can’t take my medication on an empty stomach so no 0 cal fasts. At the moment it seems a big hill to climb. But I know it will only get worse if I don’t sort myself out now.

Evening all
    Work flew by today, as it always does when I’m on an early, kept busy but I would rather that, my eating plans went out the window, a colleague persuaded me to have breakfast at the cafe( so much for my weetabix), but I did opt for the healthy option of poached egg, spinach,tomatoes, mushroom, baked beans and toast, and it was bloody lovely, I had boiled eggs for my lunch, found I had a bit of a headache most of the day, not like me, but put it down to fasting and withdrawal from something, and then I had to go to argos after work, and that’s when it happened!!!!, dominoes pizza 🤦‍♀️ , phoned home to see if they wanted it, haha like I had to ask, managed only to to eat 1/2, calorie count 850ish but it still keeps me well within my TDEE (?), which is about 2800 for my weight, and amazingly my headache has gone, could it be salt?.

Dave, I have been thinking you are 2 people Brad and Dave, but I’m sure it was you that just joined us as I was leaving last time?, is that correct?, I have been on a few cruises and absolutely love them, even had the pleasure of being invited to eat at the Captain’s table, with none other than The Crankie’s lol such a good night, I have always used a company called ‘get going’ travel insurance, since having my AF, very reasonably priced.
    DF hope the bloating has gone and you feel better.
    Hi to everyone one else, I’m going to have to write my list again, really am no use at names.
    Welcome Sarah57 glad you got your medical problems sorted and can join us.

I am fasting tomorrow and am going to weigh in Friday with you all, I have put new batteries in the scales and would rather see a stone difference on friday than a couple weeks down the line, hopefully it is still the same.

Tammy x

Hi not sure if I’ve just lost my huge post, although it says it’s there I cannot see it, will check later hopefully it will turn up like DF’s, if not I will do it all again later.
    Tammy x

I think it’s gone 🤦‍♀️ here we go again, abridged version.

Evening all
    Work flew by, it always does on an early, got persuaded to get breakfast at the cafe, but went healthy option, poached egg, spinach, tomato, mushroom,baked beans, toast, had boiled eggs for lunch, I had taken them with me.
    Accidentally bought dominoes pizza for tea, but it was 850ish for half and my TDEE, is 2800(if I’ve done it right), so am still under. I was a bit headachey all day thought it was because of my fast or withdrawal from something, but it went when I had the pizza, was thinking maybe Salt?
    Dave I keep thinking your 2 people, Brad and Dave, but if I remember right, did you just join us last time I was just leaving?, we have been on a few cruises and love them, even had the pleasure of being invited to the Captain’s table for Dinner, with The Krankies, no less, lol. Since having AF I have used ‘get going’ travel insurance, found them very reasonable.
    DF hope your feeling better.
    Hi to everyone else hope you’ve all had a good one, need to get writing a list of names, I’m no good with them.
    I am fasting tomorrow and weighing Friday again, new batteries in scale, would rather find out if im a stone heavier sooner rather than later.
    Hopefully this one posts
    Tammy x

CD I joined January 2017.Had a great night, lovely meal and a few pints of Thwaites bitter,really enjoyed it.

Morni G everyone… And welcome BACK Sarah. So glad you’ve got your health sorted out and hope you can figure out how to do medication and food right. Do you have to take something more than once a day? I tried a wee experiment eating late breakfast and light evening meal before Christmas that worked – back to that maybe next week – which is do-able if you go with the new 800 approach.

Joining the fasters today I think… We’ll, trying anyway. Finally managed to sleep until 7am – yippee!

Dog food – dry, last thing at night and then he gets a wee bone – which is why the boys get ribs regularly to provide the stash of bones! He also gets all plates and pans and most leftovers. Absolutely loves curry!

Mx

Morning all!
    Sarah- hi & welcome back! Hope that you can get back into it, difficult when health problems & medication get in the way of exercise & weight…I had a couple of difficult years like that before I joined.
    Dave- glad the meal was good! Are you back to fasting today?
    Nana- you do so well just having lunch on days when you’re out! Hope cutting down on the wine helps!
    Steve- hope you have a good FD, stay strong!
    Jean- hope you & Steve do as well! Does Charlie make a noise walking to the park, or do you drive there? Lovely that he has Oreo to play with, I love that name for a dally!
    Tammy- salt can help with headaches, I get bad ones when I cut down on carbs, so it could be that if it went with the pizza?
    Cakey- James Wellbeloved is a good food, & if your woof eats anything & everything then don’t feel bad! I think the rest of us have picky pooches! Poor hubby with his garage full of treasure 😂😂 Hope the photos turn out well, tricky keep clean with a retriever!
    Mel- are you trying a fast today? At least the 800cal ones are easier than 500cals, but still a shock after Christmas!
    Minols- how are things, is work quieter?! Our Church are looking at having to build a new one, so big changes happening for us this year…
    Kay- you’ve gone quiet again!
    Sorry, probably forgotten someone!
    Meal out was lovely, although we were on 2 tables, so ended up ‘oldies’ on one, ‘youngsters’ on the other, so didn’t get to talk to the NZ lads at all, although they were probably pleased at not being grilled by aunties! Feel a bit jaded today- no wine, just lack of sleep, & stupidly hungry, so today’s FD will be hard! Am doing 800cals, hopefully a few days in a row!
    Keep strong everyone!

Morning guys, and welcome back Sarah! Such a lovely coincidence that a few of the old group are returning at the same time 🙂

FD for me although I woke up hungry. I’ll keep drinking water, its only a feeling, I can do this.

Think a few of us fasting today, I think this will be a huge help in keeping me strong. Good luck with the day everyone x

Morning All…
    After a lot of rain it’s now dry…

Fast day for us both, I have had berries for breakfast it’s a while since I have…

Popping through to Hull to a couple of shops and off to a great big park….

Nana..
    That sounds like a lovely lunch..we don’t drink in the week maybe a bottle of wine to share over two days Friday and Saturday…

Typhoo..
    A liquid fast, you have to be focussed it’s not for us 😂…keep strong.

Sarah..
    Welcome back it’s nice to see some of the returners …glad you have your health problems sorted now it can be a long process, tricky on medication…are you fasting today?

Tammy..
    Good luck with your Friday weigh in…sounds a not bad be breakfast…

Save..
    Glad you had a good night was the food good after the change of venue?

Minols…
    Have a good fast day…Charlie had a scraping of curry he loved it..

Hedgehog..
    The meal plan was possibly better for the younger members, glad it was a good night. Charlie cries in the car going to the park so excited..if we are going away in the caravan or shopping he sleeps because he knows!…40 miles to Hull today so he better sleep!!

A new church this year that’s exciting and unsettling…

DF..
    Keep strong today and do your lunch time walk…nice to see the old faces back…

Jean x

Hello everyone fast day for me too, just had a cuppa will go and try to book the cruise now. No rain yet but I expect it will come later. Welcome back Sarah, Tammy how are you doing?

Hungry…😬😞 had a ryvita (cardboard slice!) to take some painkillers with! Silly fiddly jobs to do today!
    Loads of fasters, I like that!

Hungry, too! Trying to reframe that hollow feeling as ‘beautifully slender’ – ha!
    Also COLD – so putting on my office cardy (woolen sack!) in the hope I’ll feel better.
    Another trip to the kitchen for decaf – no biscuits…didn’t even look as I know it’s all leftover shortbread (Scotland!) and I CAN resist that!

HH – how exciting re church…from a little bit of experience, it can be a really long process though for most. Took 5 years once to get a wee hall in the woods, and the final push for funding was…to push me out of a plane! Not going down that route again!

Loved being on the kids table at big gatherings..my oldest sister hated it when, because she’d married, her twin got ‘promoted’, and she wa left with us! My cousins and brother and I always had a riot!

Jean – our old dog has taken to howling with excitement at walks…especially if we’re slow getting out with him. Convinced he howls so much now because it’s the only sound he can really hear…but at mealtimes (ours, not his!) it’s beginning to get on my nerves. No good shouting at him to shut up, though…he can’t hear my voice!

Mx

Heidi is fairly deaf now, I use sign language with her, she seems to understand it 😁.Not gone out to book cruise, the weather looks bad so Denise won’t risk going out (wimp).Jean I don’t have a clue where you live now, I thought North Yorkshire, then Humberside.Just walked round our churchyard, there are some old graves there, 1872 is the oldest I have seen but there could be older ones.

In Hull just parked for our first job, Charlie asleep all the way 😁 now on guard waiting for Steve he hates us being separate.

Hedgehog..
    Long time since I have had a riyvita..seeded ones I think was the best.

Minols..
    A woolen sack with a bit of string around the middle, giving you the slim look 😂😂 the mind boggles. I do like a Scottish short bread oh nooo..

Your poor old dog bless when they can’t hear..

Dave..
    If I keep moving it will keep you guessing 😂.. see if I can find a map for you..

Next stop the park, coffee maybe no cake, Wilkinson’s for printer ink and b&q for a socket for the caravan then home..

Keep strong fasters 😁

Jean x

Welcome back DF, CD and Sarah 😊

Im joining the fasters today! My first of the year although I managed a lowish day on Tuesday.

Good luck everyone! We can do this! We really dont need to eat much today and by achieving that we are letting our body repair from being overworked.

Im so fed up with all this continual rain, its certainly not giving me any incentive to do anything. Im still in my pjs!! 😂

Neil and I are both suffering a bit with the cold virus thats making the rounds, although Neil is worse than me. Just hope that it doesnt settle on his chest…some people have had it really bad.

Minols, how on earth can you resist scottish shortbread??!!

Kay x

Viewing 50 posts - 25,301 through 25,350 (of 35,454 total)

You must be logged in to reply.