Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,917 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 8 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,501 through 22,550 (of 35,404 total)

• Look above Mel 😄

Pairs, Mel? I don’t think so. Biscuits come in packets, or if someon’e s watching, half packets! I never buy them either, but I work in teh church, and the ladies always make sure there are a load of them in the kitchen cupbourd, and delight to make sure they are my favourites.

Mx

Very hot today,glad I didn’t go fishing,not took Heidi out yet it’s so hot, will have to find a shaded walk.You can tell when it’s too hot,dogs put their paws in the water bowl when they get home.

Heidi decided the route today,she took me down what used to be a canal and past resovoires to the park where I bowl.She is worn out now, still panting 😄

Hello everyone – I’ve been lurking about following you all for a little while whilst trying to re lose a weight gain after having successfully lost two and a half stone towards my goal of four stones lost doing 5:2 but then I got to complacent ! Have managed to lose a little bit still have a way to go.
    I’m 68 years old, happily married with one daughter, two grown up grandsons, three step grandchildren and two step great grandsons but think of all of them as the same.

Welcome Nanafixit,if you post regularly it will help to lose weight.I still have a long way to go so the more the merrier.

Thank you @Brads 27 – i decided to join because you all seem like a friendly bunch

Afternoon All..
    Shopping a disaster everything I wanted they didn’t have, got a couple of things…and food shopping.

Very cold on my morning walk I put my heavy fleece on…it’s boiling now…

Checking our weight for the month..I did 3 lbs off, Steve got 4lbs off…Quite happy at that..

Dave..
    Well done on your 1 lb off..the chocolate diet lives on…lovely to find shade we don’t have much on our walks.

Mel..
    Well done on your steps, I do think anything above 15,000 helps the weight loss..I do love Lincolnshire and Norfolk, must include Suffolk now 😂…all quiet places, if you pick wisely….hope Jodie enjoys the beach possibly cooler on the coast…good luck on your weigh in after holiday on Monday….

Minols..
    It depends on the biscuits..as you know it’s Friday…4 jammy Dodgers each I couldn’t resist buying them..half a packet each 😂…comfort food a bit needed..

Nanafixit..
    Welcome and come and join us..we natter away…we have all weight to loose…keep checking by I really think it helps..

Jean x

Hi Nanafixit, a big welcome to you. Means I am not the newby any more! I have only been on since May. We are a friendly lot and can rabbit away about anything, not just 5:2. You don’t happen to have a dog by any chance? BTW I would watch out for Dave’s chocolate diet, I am still not convinced it’s the way to go!

Chocolate diet I have lost three weeks in a row since doing it🍫🍫🍫.We shall see if I can make it four.Once I gain I will stop,so at the moment it’s helping me to be good during the week.When I gave up smoking I used to treat myself and from smoking over 40 a day for forty years I have now been stopped for quiet a few years.

Thank you MelFish and Jean for your welcome.
    MelFish we used to have dogs our last one crossed the Rainbow Bridge a few years ago back but since we’ve been retired we tend to go away for short breaks and have quite an active social life and wouldn’t be fair to the dog. A few family members are dog owners so we get to doggy sit occasionally ,however, only yesterday our daughter collected a eleven week old black Labrador puppy so we’ve been to see her this morning and she’s absolutely gorgeous.
    A busy weekend coming up for us but will try to eat sensibly and start 5:2 properly Monday.

Heidi has surfaced from her slumber so may take her again.Last time we went to that park she was limping but seems ok today.May stop having cobs they don’t seem as good anymore, maybe just have them once a month. Hope the haddock is good Jean.

Chocolate finished for another week 😁.Hope it carries on the chocolate diet 😁.

Morning all!
    Nanafixit- hi & welcome! Glad you’ve joined us, the more the merrier, & being on here does help! Where abouts are you? Lovely to have lots of great grandchildren & now a grandpuppy too! Can’t beat a lab puppy, I’m biased!
    Dave- hope Heidi copes with the heat…long live the chocolate diet! 🍫
    Jean- well done on the month’s weight loss, better than maintaining! Hope Charlie doesn’t get overhot today on his walks! Shame about the shopping trip, you’ll just have to go again! Hope the steak is good tonight too…
    Minols- I do agree that biscuits don’t come in pairs, 4 at least is a good number…enjoy the 1st day of the hols!
    Mel- hope the beach was good for Jodie!
    Yesterday ended up being very busy, but still had time to eat too much! Lots of jobs caught up on, but for every one I crossed off my list, 2 more appeared😠
    Xena won a prize from the vets- a little rabbit which she loves & has started shredding already. Glad we popped in though- went to buy some more flea treatment, & found out the one we’d been put on doesn’t protect against ticks, so changed to a different one!
    Hubby opened a box of his father’s day chocs, my favourites!- busied doing ironing to keep away from them, just had 2, that’s amazing for me!!
    Church stuff this morning, would love to be able to sit in the sun for a little while this afternoon!

Good Morning Everyone.
    Thank you for the welcome Hedgehogs I live in a small village of around 500 inhabitants 6 miles from Cambridge no shops just a garage and pub with only one bus service a day to Cambridge but a 10 minute cycle ride from home gets us to a stop on the Guided Busway from there we can catch a bus to Cambridge, Royston,St Ives,Huntingdon or Peterborough plus it stops at both Cambridge railway stations and Addenbrookes hospital which was a blessing whilst my husband had 7 weeks of Radiotherapy treatment for his now cured prostate cancer.
    I love all types of dogs out daughter has always had Boxers before.
    Am just enjoying reading the posts then need to tackle the housework in readiness for a group of friends coming over for a curry evening tonight.
    Have a good day everyone

Good morning everyone, I was up at 7am not like me getting up so early.Heidi wanted a drink so I got up to give her some more water and feed her,she had it all, another hot day today going bowling later.Got the fan out ready if it gets too hot.

Morning All..
    A late post…we were in the park at 7.45…so lovely seeing the world waking up, a few dogs but not many, football was being set up….must do it more, on a weekday…..

We had a good park run last night catching up and playing with other dogs..we got back to the car, Charlie’s head and tail went down in a sulk and wouldn’t get in the car…he really enjoyed it.

We are catching up with daughter and SIL for brunch, so a light meal tonight..steak tomorrow..

Dave..
    Had a touch of a chocolate diet last night 😬..enjoy the bowling..take a hat, water and sunscreen.

Nanafixit..
    A black lab puppy how lovely, hedgehog has a cream lab..is that the right term for the colour…we have a Dalmatian, 3 year old but we have had him only 4 months. Good news on hubby..we are going through a rough patch lots of tests at the moment for Steve lungs and heart, worrying time…PET scan on Monday..
    Enjoy your curry evening..

Hedgehog..
    We are doing early and evening walks..sleepy boy was sun bathing yesterday..😂..too hot today for him…leaving him behind for brunch, he was coming but I think too hot.

Good you updated her tick treatment…why do people always buy choccies!!…from Monday no bread and potatoes, eggs for breakfast..new month see if I can match my 3lbs off or more!

Mel..
    What’s this we talk too much 😂..

Well I must get out of my shorts and go tidy…see what’s good to wear for brunch on a very hot day…..daughter will be very tidy, she always is 😀..

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing..G & T will be calling about 4 pm..

Jean x

Nanafixit I hope the pub is good, there used to be at least thirty pubs local to me, nowhere near that now many closed since the smoking ban.

Hello

Welcome Nanafixit. I have a very boisterous friendly Golden Retriever.

4 runs this week since returning from hols. No injuries and up to 28 mins. Hoping it gets easier, still finding it very tough.

Out early with my boy too before it got too hot for him, although saying that the sun isn’t out yet.

Garden today I think and salad for tea later. Chinese take away last night – oops.

CW

Thanks for the welcome CakeyWakey.
    Brads27 it’s not a bad pub it’s a free house so lots of beer choices for the husband. The Foods not what I call traditional pub food but is very good. We have a fantastic Curry House in the next village a mile and half away though but tonight it’s a bring your own home cooked curry which is really good as lots of different types. No wonder I struggle with losing weight !

I am ok with curry I won’t put weight on with it because I don’t like it.I have not had any alcohol since I came home from Lanzarote 😇☹️☹️.70 odd days to Cyprus so that could be my next drink, hopefully not though.

Brads27 My problem is I like all types of food and drink 😉

Nothing wrong with that😄. Always been a picky eater, Denise used to go mad at me when we first got married,now almost 44 years later I do eat a more varied diet.I used to drink lots of beer too but rarely have any these days.

Nanafixit..
    I like the idea of bring your own curry to a party…this lovely weather you can sit in the garden…can’t do that often…sounds fun..enjoy your evening…

Dave..
    I never liked curry until I made my own..I like it hot and spicy….butter chicken is my favourite I ate that in Delhi it’s their local dish…..Steve says I eat loads of different things now..the top and bottom of it is …I know what goes in it when I cook it…. then I will eat it. I am not so picky now.

Cakey..
    Enjoy the garden and have a relax…I am in and out it’s too hot…much cooler inside, windows and doors open, curtains shut slightly….feeling like a drink, G&T off no tonic..I shall go and have a search about..

Lovely brunch with daughter and SIL, found a dress to wear, we sat outside in the shade..feeling full not much more food for the day, DIY for tonight’s meal…

Jean x

Gave up on the bowling after half an hour,way to hot.Going to have ice cream to cool off now😋😮😲no calories in it 😘😘.Got the fan turned on.😅😅😅.

Afternoon everyone, FD yesterday was hard but managed it. I should have gone to the seaside with Paul and Jodie but had a nap instead. Woke up wanting FOOD, and lots of it. Resisted though. NFD today, had my favourite buttered oatcakes with marmite (I love marmite!) at about 12.30 so keeping well to 16:8. One thing needing addressing – I don’t drink anywhere near enough water.

Nanafixit and Dave, I have never been picky with food, love everything. Drinks wise I only drink tea, water and wine. Love a southern comfort but have had some terrible hangovers with it so keep away from spirits. I know where I am with my wine. Jean, did you find some tonic!? And curry in Delhi! I had an amazing two weeks in India with five Indian girlfriends three years ago. They were all vegetarian so I went vegetarian for the two weeks. Food was just wonderful.

Steak tonight for me, looking forward to it 😋😋😋. Cooling down a little but it’s still very warm.Heidi is out for the count😄.must be awful having all that fur.

I’m with you on the marmite Melfish – it come with me to a desert island if I could only take one type of food. If you know what I mean.

Love curry maybe once a month. I enjoy it when I have it but have to be in right frame of mind. I worked out in India for a while and lived off cheese sandwiches the whole time 😂

Sleepy in the garden

CW

I don’t think I have ever had marmite ..when you stay over in hotels they do small jam size marmite and I think I will take one to try but forget till later..

India is one of our most favourite places…if we had to choose one holiday before we die….it would be India in a heart beat…which I don’t think we could make now….it would be Jaipur with your own driver but a fair few places to try,…shame…..we started to make a route to go on our own, across country on trains and get private cars drivers but with Steve’s health I would be nervous maybe if the lottery comes in 🤞..the Indian people are so lovely…
    I said to ‘American’ daughter we are going back packing on our own in 5 star hotels across India ..she laughed and said not quite back packing 😂

So hot outside…Charlie got wet down with the hose pipe he wanted to play just too hot…..G & T in hand, found tonic in garage in our overflow fridge …😀…

Fancy an ice cream…McDonald’s just up the road, not the best but it will hit the spot…oh had alcohol ☹️…..where are all the ice cream vans?????

Off to pub tonight after our walk, just one, Charlie gets unbelievable fuss he knows more people than we do!….see how we go…

Jean x

Cannot believe you have never had marmite Jean, food of the Gods! Having said that, many people can’t stand it. I loved India and would go back in a heartbeat. Phew, you found the tonic!

Paul out with Jodie, don’t think they will go far. Trouble is she won’t poo in our garden (or anyone’s come to that) and we have a really big garden! So she has to go for some sort of pm walk.

Poor Heidi, Dave. At least with a poodle you can keep their fur very short. I feel sorry for the show poodles with their flashy cuts.

Feeling hungry but will wait for dinner, lamb koftas and a rice, veg, kidney bean thingy we have a lot. Actually a Slimming World recipe someone gave me.

I have never had Marmite not sure I want to try it either.The sun is behind the clouds now and feels a little cooler, Heidi is awake but very dozy,I feel the same 😴.Got no energy at all.Steak us cooking now so getting hungry.

Hi All

Just relaxing after a day of holiday club setting up… Brilliantly creative types. There’s a big long list of things to do/make and everyone just gets stuck in from the oldest to the younger kids dragged along with a parent. Then we stop for sandwiches or a drama rehearsal or to learn a song… And then back to whatever we were doing. Fab teamwork.

CW – well done on the running! I’m chasing you… Did 2x8mins today… Phew it was hot at 7am!

Not the biggest fan of India… Poss cos I was doing evaluations of HIV projects back in the 90s so saw quite a bit of the less scenic side – but I have great memories of a day off in Jaipur – the Palace, elephants bathing, a sudden and torrential downpour.

Have hopes to keep to between 800 and 10p0cals during next week. We have folks come in and cook, so it’s soup at lunch (won’t eat before) and I’ll try to avoid the bread and baking, and I’ll try to have just a small portion of whatever is made in the evening. U like Jean, my favourite food is anything made by someone else… Especially when I know they can cook better then me!

Mx

PS welcome Nanafixit… Sounds like you’re handy to have around!

Morning All..
    A very dull start…came down in strappy top and shorts…looks like fleece will be going on!!

A lazy day for us, nothing planned as yet…just the boys walk…he is bouncing this morning, he is having better nights sleep and don’t we know about it!….after the drama on Steve he was very upset and has been sleeping with us 😬..he sleeps all night instead of roaming about…I wonder what happened in his past to make him so sensitive…his mum going to hospital and not coming back??

Steak tonight candles and all, a bottle of red which is open…

Minols..
    The club sounds really good and exciting, lovely for everyone to have a go at anything they fancy..enjoy your soup..

Jean x

Morning Everyone
    Mobile – I not handy I’m afraid the fix it part is my husband. We got called Nana & Grandadfixit by our Grandsons when they were small because at the time they were living just a few doors away from us and if a toy was broken our daughter would say let’s go and see if Grandad can fix it hence they still call us it today even though they’re grown up – but now our Great Grandsons call us it which is lovely.

A lovely evening last night but I had to much to eat as usual 😕 We sat in the garden enjoying a drink or two and didn’t start to eat until after 9pm as it was a bit cooler then. Still full this morning so will try to make today a fast day.

Jean i hope Steve’s PET scan goes well for him tomorrow

Hope everyone has a good day

I hate predictive text it should be Minols 😉

FD again today, feeling stronger. I’m not doing much now, walked Jodie, did shopping and doing nothing else apart from walking J again later, need to get some steps in as I was v inactive yesterday. Recording the cricket and P will watch the GP so a bit of a couch potato day. Jean, enjoy your lovely meal and wine and will be thinking of you tomorrow. Nanafixit, we are fasting together!

Good morning, watching cricket so will record GP,or maybe watch the highlights.Roast beef and Yorkshire’s tonight, will make the Yorkshire puddings later.A bit cooler today so will take Heidi out shortly,think the shorts will be going on though.

Dave, my legs haven’t seen the light of day for years. 😂😂. Right, we have chocolate in the house again – yesterday late pm our next door neighbours saved a dog running around on the main road just up from our quiet road. Brought her back (a beautiful female lurcher). No one recognised her so Paul took a photo and went up the pub while we walked round the village in case anyone was looking for her. One of the guys in the pub knew her so she is home. The owner brought round Lindt Lindor chocolates for us. There is no escape 😱😂. None today as a FD. Was going to have my first food of the day just now but strangely I am not hungry so will wait til I get back from walking Jodie. Hope everyone is having a good day. Anyone fasting other than me and Nana? Are you doing ok Nana?

It’s weird I have white legs and brown knees,all get the sun but only my knees go brown😮 saying that my feet are very white😁. Gone dull here now, will take Heidi out again.

Mel welcome to the chocolate diet 🍫🍫🍫.Took Heidi out again, nice breeze outside and only 20°C today.Just made the Yorkshire puddings,so will leave the mixture for an hour or so,never know if I should leave it at room temperature or put in the fridge, being a Lancashire lad I will hope Jean tells me.

MelFish – not going to bad been drinking lots of water but I’m getting quite hungry now 😕

Mel- good luck fasting today, was going to but ended up making cheesecake for potential guest…stay stong, & keep away from the Lindt (another of my favourite chocs!)
    Nana-lovely part of the world you live in; I love Cambridge. (I’m Suffolk, so we’re neighbours!). Glad your hubby ia clear now, know Addenbrooks well, I had 2 neck surgeries there. Love the Nana & Grandad fixit!
    Dave- strange legs you have😂. Glad it’s cooler for Heidi! Don’t think I’d fancy a roast though, still a bit hot for that…
    Jean-Not surprising that Charlie is unsettled, they pick up on anything different & it’s still early days really for him living with you, especially if he was passed round a bit before you had him, different people maybe helping out while his owner was ill? I think you’ve done really well with him so far! Enjoy the meal tonight!
    Minols- holiday clubs are hard work but lots of fun, & definitely too much sugar for the adults…hope you can keep to the soup! Doing well with your running!
    Cakey- well done you too with all the running! Shame it doesn’t feel any easier, but you’re going lots further 👍
    Re yesterday’s talk, I like marmite, never been to India, but love the food!
    Busy with Church then jobs, poor Xena didn’t get her 2nd walk as it was far too hot, & then mum came for the evening. Feet were aching too much to run around playing with her later as well! Hubby & neighbours popping in & out- across the road had drain/ sewage problems, thankfully not us!
    Out for a very long walk early with Xena this morning, still saw an adder though😱, luckily she didn’t…doing a bbq tonight, guest not coming so the cheesecake I made will have to be eaten by us😂- chocolate, a keto one & normal, oh dear!

Back from walk with Jodie, nice breeze so not too hot for her. Done over 14,000 steps today so flaking out on the sofa now. Just had a bit of chicken but no appetite and not hungry, so not like me! Nana, what fast are you doing? No food, 500 or 800 calories? HH would love to help you out with that cheesecake! Dave, ashamed to admit I have never made my own Yorkshire puddings 🤭.

Mixture waiting to go in the oven for my Yorkshire’s.Waiting for the nod from Denise,I may be going to Peterborough soon , it all depends on which mode of transport they use,I went to king’s Lynn last Monday for the speedway but they used a small mini bus, I have told them I would not want to go in it again,it’s too small for me and too hot.We ride against Peterborough twice in the coming months, I may even drive there myself.

Hi all,
    Back from holiday! Lovely week and managed to get plenty of walking in the 2nd half of the week once we’d set up camping.
    I stepped on the scales this morning and they told me to get off!! 🤣
    Suffice to say Im fasting today! I was going to do a liquid only but have just had a couple of spoons of houmous and a small slice of cheese, but thats going to be it for the day.

Been working this morning and spent a couple of hours this afternoon tidying and rescuing some of my garden plants.
    Anyone know what causes strawberry plant leaves to go red??

Will scroll back a bit and skim read posts. Catch you later x

If the leaves are going red it’s an infection and they are dying.

MelFish first time round of doing 5:2 I did 500 calories but this time I’m going for 800 calories. My fast days are usually no breakfast a piece of fruit around 3pm because I’m quite hungry around then and then a light meal in the evening. I do allow calories for milk as I need my cups of tea and coffee during the day. Have just had my evening meal and come in at 750 calories so pleased with that. I usually fast Saturdays and Monday’s and weigh on the Tuesday – so hopefully this week yesterday won’t have done to much damage 🙏

Oh no….strawberries infected Dave, anything I can do??

Hi all

Busy day but nearly ready for tomorrow. Just some last minute tech to do before the morning.

Chilling with the boys and back in the 800 zone. Ate a bit of cheese at 4 and just had a wee bit of curry. I’ll have some maltesers later and that will be that.

Mx

Welcome Nanafixit! Glad to have you on board.

I love marmite and curries. Ive been to Goa but not India.
    And I agree that biscuits come in packet portions so I dont buy them!

Jean, poor Steve is still going through it isnt he. Hope the scan goes ok tomorrow. Has he had results from last hospital visit?
    Charlie has settled so quickly bless him.

CW, sounds like you had a fantastic time on holiday and losing 3lbs too!!!
    Did you enjoy your balloon flight? I did one as one of the celebrations to mark my 50th and loved it!

Minols, have a good week. Hopefully it works out easy to eat just small amounts of what they are cooking.
    Schools break up early in Scotland!

HH, what a shame your guests arent coming after all, particularly after making the cheesecake!
    How much does the doggy daycare cost? It seems to vary so much. I charge £10 for an hours dog walk and £5 for a half hour pop in visit but struggle when people want dog sitting etc for a few hours.

Mel and Nana, how are you both doing? I think I will be able to survive on herb teas and squash for rest of the day now, so a successful FD.

Dave, glad the choccie diet is still working for you 🤣
    Maybe the cobs are losing their appeal now as you have been getting them every week.

Off to water the garden. Its been hot here this afternoon x

Viewing 50 posts - 22,501 through 22,550 (of 35,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.