Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,981 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 hours, 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,151 through 2,200 (of 35,468 total)

• We have just started Stu on a supplement called prostavital, has a comprehensive range of ingredients. Will report back in a few weeks to see if any changes. I bought him some hawthorne extract to help with BP. Hes finally stated tsking the recommend two a day and last night had best ever BP 125/86 which is fab. Its only been a few days so let you know how it goes.

Hi all

The cranberry tablets are under women’s health section in tesco in a little yellow topped tub….

When ian started with prostate problems we read that cranberry was good for it so I just started making him take 2 a day with me…. if I flare up I up to dose to 4 a day…

I have also used the cranberry cystitis relief from tesco jean, they seem to really work too, if you were closer I could give you some, I always have a spare pkt in my handbag. ….

Looks like you will be calling in tesco soon….

Good morning to you Beverley also

Audrey

Celtic

Be careful what you give Stu till after he has been assessed for his prostate, it may affect the tests! We were warned off using anything for ian till they had completed all of the tests as some herbal treatments give funny results!

Just thought I better say something, hope you don’t mind…

Aud

Audrey

It has only just registered what you said. Bit slow this a.m

7 lbs up from lightest. A girl after my own heart! I know you will get that off again. You seem to have a will of steel when needed.

I am not weighing until Christmas Eve. Good or bad idea?

Bev x

Hello All

Hi Milena

Yes we will be here for at least another year, for me probably the year afterwards as well. Keeps me sane though.

Oh dear Audrey

Although you are busy, you are obviously over compensating with treats. Make sure you eat properly and don’t skip meals. I hope decorating is finished soon and then you can relax in a nice fresh house. Let’s hope this is just good in transit and goes quickly. Yup would think that being busy you would lose weight!

Hi Celtic

At least you know what it is now, a change of tablets once you have got used to them will make Stu feel better and obliviously you too as that worry will fade away.

Hi Newby

I hope your hubby feels better soon, the gain will soon go, it is just a temporary blip. These things take a while to clear.

Hi Symba

If my cat starts howling (only one does it) I spray near them with a water spray, he soon stops, I have to think of neighbours as I live in a flat, at night sound travels. I don’t allow them in the bedroom as they will wake me up and it has been this way since they were kittens. They don’t know any different so no complaints there.

Don’t worry about the weight gain, it will soon go, just keep on the right track.

Hi Bev

I am the opposite a night owl as I have had sleep problems for some time. I was always a night owl as I have had many jobs where I worked really late. I have always liked to sleep in where I can, I remember the doctor saying when I was six that the tablets I was taking would make me need more sleep. I can still be up at 5 sometimes!!

Hi Hemmy

Yes I too tend to eat eggs on a fast day, easy and filling. Are you finding the three days easy?

Hi Karen

I agree, you have to listen to what your body wants and slow down when needed. Again I can see some posts over the page so I may post again when I read those.

Ginette

Ginette

Morning ginette

I am trying for 3 fasts this week in the hope of dropping some of the gain.

Did a good fast yesterday, got home made dupiaza for tea tonight 300 kcals and some bare naked rice. Nits not the fadt says that are the problem I am not sticking to my tdee on non fast days. I will have to give myself a good old shake. …

Nice to hear from you, are you using the wii at the moment? My knee is playing up so I can’t use mine unfortunately.

Audrey

Hi Audrey

No not at the moment. I would like to go back to the gym next week but have another busy week out and about. It will soon come off, you must me out of routine with all that decorating.

What is Dupaiza?

I had a trip to A&E last light as I had numbness in my leg and arm and my lips went numb. Of course I knew that the worry would push blood pressure up. It was 212/109!! They told me I should have called my doctor, but after seeing my doctor so often lately I thought it’s was time to follow the advice of my pharmacist. She advised me to call 999. This I didn’t do as I didn’t want to use an ambulance there are people who are quite ill who need this. It was about 5.15 so quite early. The doctor and the nurse at the hospital both told me that in future I need to call an on call doctor. I was told to increase tablets.

I wanted to be safe rather than sorry as the worry would only make things worse. I am feeling fine this morning, on Monday however I shall book my accupuncturist and have two lots of acupuncture over the coming weeks. Obviously I am going through a bad phase at the moment.

Hi Celtic

I was interested to know a little more about the hawthorn extract tablets. I am really glad that they are working for Stu.

Ginette

Sorry ginette

Meant to put chicken dopiaza. …. Indian curry very nice. … make my own so it’s very low calorie but still has the taste of a proper Indian meal…..

I am glad you are feeling better today, must have been frightening last night for you to go to A&E. Let’s hope the acupuncture sorts you out soon, and you are back to your old self in no time.

Isn’t this wind horrendous it’s doing its best to blow my wood burner out!

Keep in touch and stay safe my friend, you know how to contact me if you need to!

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Yay lots of lovely post … you have been busy everyone..Together we are definitely stronger. Xx

Celtic I can so hear the relief in your posts. So glad you have confidence now in the hospital .. what a difference that makes. When you can trust someone medically it does take a weight of your own shoulders .. so to speak. So pleased for you both. You have been busy with lampshades etc. Have you managed to get the TV up and running. Amazing when a worry is lifted how energising it is. Xx

Sym .. Do hate those infections .. makes you feel real groggy. Lots of water seems todo it unless too bad. Also live yogurt on a tampon effective. Hope you feel better soon.Xx

Audrey .. not to worry about the extra lbs although I know you work so hard at it … probably the most dedicated of us all.xx
    You have been so physically and mentally stretched recently maybe time to just let your body “be” this week-end.

Have a lovely day with you GDs there are still some of those biscuits left I hope. lol Ian not been raiding them inbetween painting. Lolol Enjoy your day Audrey you damn well deserve it. Xx

Beveeeerley .. Just step on those scales this very minute my girl. Lolol waiting to Xmas eve indeed …Thinking those yummy pieces of stilton here plus you will be getting Xmas stash in soon. Lolol Xx
    How long Is your Daughter home for Xmas.. mind you asking that is probably silly if she is anything like Kristy all your best laid plans can change in a minute. Lol Anyway something to look forward too. Have a good day. Xx

Hi Ginette Yes, winter is harder .. so much easier in the summer. I don’t care for salad now .. it sortof tastes old hat iykwim. Lol

I am not doing 3 days every week. Just last week to kick start again. Like Audrey said its the Non fasts which are the problem I think. Did Wed … Yesterday only 2 days this week as its the Waldorf trip Mon. So will not been expecting any movement other than up Tues… so 3 next week if possible.
    Thing is Xmas is once a year although time element gets longer. lol So we cant spoil the festive enjoyment at that time. Although not put too much back on. Its a juggling act I reckon. Rob Peter on one meal to Pay back Paul the next. LOlol Glad you are better now Ginette .. lovely to see your posts here again.Xx Ps Just read your recent post so sorry about last night .. take care it must be very frightening for you. Just call anyone … You are very important. xxxx
    Blimey long post today. lol Hope everyone in our corner is ok.

Brit lovelies Some people succeed because they are destined .. But most because they are determined. Xx

Hi Hemmy

Christmas Eve is part of the master plan! I may surprise you, one way or the other!!

Daughter just rang, she is back next weekend for a flying visit to clear out her belongings from the London flat and will see her Saturday lunchtime. She is so happy, job is going really well, people are warm and friendly, cheap to eat out, cheap accommodation. Never wants to leave! Must say our girls sound similar, mine says one thing and that can rapidly change.

Neil is on his second breakfast. How can anyone eat so much and not put on weight?

Celtic, yes great stuff getting a good professional. So happy for you and Stu.

Ginette, don’t like the sound of last night and I think you did the right thing going to A&E. Hugs.

Bev x

Hi Bev.x

You sound just like me .. my friend always asks me what is my latest plan or project. lol

So happy for you that yours daughter has found her niche. So lovely to be young and the world at your feet.

Just off walking Mr Pips. Been very patiently waiting while I do my bit s and bobs in house. Later today as its sat.

Talking about kids… Kristy will be coming back from her friends lunchtime. Either come on Mum McDonalds Banbury or will be tired and wanting to watch films on the bed. Lolol And she is 35 .. 36 Boxing day. . holding down a responsible job.. what is it coming too. lolol
    Have a good day Bev. Xx

Hi All,
    Sorry I have been MIA. Busy week at work with longer than usual hours.
    It sounds like many of you are still facing illness, yourself or loved ones. so hard and yet people still managed to fast.
    No fasts for me. I started out on 2 fast days, and went down hill, completed neither. It was too hard with the work schedule and where I was working this week.
    Last week I lost a pound and this week I gained it back. Not too bad considering all chocolate I ate.
    Stay warm and dry everyone. Have a great w/e.

Morning my fellow brits,

I didn’t manage to fast yesterday, the granddaughters came round and we decorated our biscuits….if you could see my kitchen you would instantly know that we had a great time, there is blue icing everywhere and sprinkles all over worktop and floor…. the steamer is coming out to play this morning…

I am going to do my 2nd fast today, I have popped on scales ( as I do most days) and am down .5lb…. must be slimming biscuits! Or perhaps christmas magic biscuits! !

Hope you all have a lovely day today

Slg welcome back you have been missed….

Nearly forgot, symba how are you today? Did you get to and from Manchester ok? I know the wind was horrendous as I live quite close. ..

Keep in touch together we are stronger. ….

Audrey

Milena,

Just seen the news, are you safe and sound? Hope you are dry ….

Audrey

Audrey, I want that biscuit recipe. Good luck for todays FD. Hope evey one is ok and survived the storm…was gusting 50 here so dint go out, I hate driving in really windy weather. We got another FD done yesterday ending on water based porridge (loads of mixed spice) and a compot made with frozen berries a fesh apple , clemtine and water. Ginette , sounded scary I also think you did the right thing by going to A&E., take good care of yourself.

Hemmy , we still havent done anything about tv or aerial but i think Stu will get sent up in the loft in the next day or two ….thanks for the reminder ?

Just thought I would check in….away for 8 hours and loads of posts to read!

I did go through to Manchester, picked up the tablets, painkillers and continued to take the sachets ugh, I think I feel a bit better today only time will tell. Glad it wasn’t full blown cystitis, it’s just been about for three weeks! I got 10 hours sleep last night as I was shattered so that may of helped.

Thanks Celtic and Audrey never heard to use these tablets.

We had a nightmare of a day with the Step daughter, ( can’t even start to say) but we all have one. Could of really done without it I didn’t have time to feel ill. Still a lovely carvery to finish with daughter, Granddaughter and sister in law.

I think we got the edge of the storm but not bad, I think it was more North of us, so bad on the TV..I feel so sorry for the people.

Audrey…I like the sound of magic biscuits…no calories…yes please

Ginette…hope you are feeling much better after A&E must of been a worry

Sig..nice to hear from you

Hemmy… enjoy having Kirsty home, you will be a mother hen clucking.

Bev…..you must keep on the scales, I wouldn’t dare to leave it for three weeks!!! How can people eat and not put on..very unfair.

Celtic… Berries, fruit, mixed spice etc all sounds lovely with the porridge.

Hope I have not missed anyone. FD for us Monday and swimming hopefully.

Have a good day
    Jean x

Hello all

A quick pop in before I chill totally! We have been having quite a conference here. Neil wants to learn Italian. OK I can go for that. Also is suddenly keen to go walking with me!

Friend in Cumbria had a bit of a rough time. The rain came in down the chimney and out the wood burning stove. They lost power but thank heavens for a generator.

My appetite has shrunk so much it is wonderful. We have to have same as last night, lasagne al forno, as half a dish left. Unheard of for a long time. Wow. Last times chick curry we had with basmati rice and small naan, had to leave most of my naan!! Love cooking as it’s so relaxing, keep all herbs around the patio or in here, lashings of spices, but now find stomach has shrunk!! Hoorah.

Hope we are all safe and sound and warm and cosy.

Bev x

Hi fasting buddies

So dreadful to see these poor people having their homes flooded up north – it must just be so devastating. All those extra flood defences seem to have been for nothing! We have a friend in Carlisle who says it is worse than 2005.

I am so glad you are feeling better Jean, these kinds of infections can make you feel a bit miserable if they take hold.

Bev, it sounds like you are retraining your appetite pretty well. Feels so nice to be full on less food.

5lb down Audrey, well done. I bet that helped you get through your fast day today?

Sig, this must be the most difficult time of the year to try and stay focussed when we are surrounded by temptations and every advert is for something delicious!

We were at friends for Sunday lunch today and although really nice, I am looking forward to fasting tomorrow as I don’t like that full feeling anymore. It also makes me feel ill to see other people eating tons of food.

OH seems to finally be turning the corner with health things – so hopefully we will have a healthy Christmas.

I hope everyone is well and hanging on in there.

Newbsx

Morning I am not 5lb down I am .5 of a lb down…..oh I wish it was 5lb though….
    Newby glad oh is feeling better it must be such a worry. ..

Hope everyone enjoyed there weekends.

Ruby is ill so I am babysitting today, Ian just finished his 4 in so as we have to decorate tree, put lights up outside, go xmas shopping, get to anglesey to sort out caravan garden and babysit it’s going to be a very busy 4 off….

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Goodness Audrey, you have your hands full! Take care and don’t overdo things x

Newbs so pleased OH has improved. I was surprised Neil shook it off like he did. It took a few weeks but the worst was over quite quickly. Here’s to a merry Christmas for you!

Hemmy, you’re like me, I never know what is going to happen next with daughter. All I know is she is coming back Christmas Eve, assuming some handsome Italian man does not make her a better offer. LOL

Friends in Cumbria have power back and luckily are on higher ground. Terrible for so many up there. I cannot imagine how awful for them.

Slg, I know you are struggling but it is so good that you persevere. I think the New Year will see so many of us better placed to shrug off all the temptations thrust in our paths. Take care.

Next cup of coffee coming up.
    Bev x

Morning,

FD for us today, looks like swimming is off…after Manchester trip hubby is aching like mad maybe tomorrow..I really don’t like to miss it as it suits us on a FD.

The tablets seem to be taking hold..no Doctors, I am not too bad but not perfect!

Audrey you sound so busy don’t do too much

Newby..glad Neil is feeling a lot better

Looking at Xmas dates it fits in well this year to the Monday and Thursday fasters…I really struggled last time to get back on track after Xmas. Missing fasts throw me….and of course drinks and choccies. We will have to keep everybody on track! …I will keep close ( as we used to say to the dog!)

Cup of tea for me…now
    Xx

Hi Audrey

Well done on your loss, I must get the recipe for biscuits that will help me to lose weight, everybody will want this recipe!!

Hope all is looking nice now (although I’m sure it was before).

It sounds as if you are still really busy, I hope you get to relax soon. Do you have a generator in case of power cuts, they are threatening them this winter due to overload but those of us in the south don’t need generators as much as those of you in the middle and north of the country. Keep warm and keep dry, in the south we are having very mild weather at the moment. I haven’t had the gas fire on for days.

Hi Hemmy

I see us Friday fasters will need to miss that day as it it Christmas Day and then of course it will be New Year’s Day, I really don’t like having to change or miss days. Still I suppose it is only once or twice a year.

It is strange how we get into a routine so quickly……

Hi Bev

Nice to think that your daughter is happy, my son who has just moved says it feels like home now and is settling in nicely.

Thanks I feel better now, I have just looked at the uncommon side effects of my new Meds and they can cause numbness and anxiety. I had the numbness again yesterday, the hospital had told me to double the dose, I added half of an extra tablet but last night dropped it back again. I suffer from anxiety anyway but I don’t want to take something to make it worse. It is worse at the moment with no reason….. I want to eat all I can get my hands on NFDs a sure sign. I am going to set myself a calorie upper limit on two NFDs but I shall have weekends completely off. A side effect is weight gain but also can be weight loss!!

Hi Sig

If you can stay the same weight that is a bonus, just try to be the same weight after the holidays and you will have done well.

Hi Celtic

Yes you need to get the TV sorted. I have just watched a series I recorded last year called the autistic gardener, I really enjoyed it. I am just watching River, I also still have all of Poldark to watch. I went off of TV for a while at the end of last year, I couldn’t concentrate on anything so I am just playing catch up now. Just as well I have a big recording space as I have 10 pages of programs or series to watch.

Newby

So glad Neil is on the mend. As you say everybody needs to be well at Christmas.

Hi Symba

Yes as Aurey said cranberry is good for water infections but you would need to drink so much that it is much better in tablet form. I hope it is now passing.

Have a good week all. My blood pressure has lowered well so as long as I don’t get any panic attacks and get that acupuncture booked it should stay that way.

Thinking of all of you with bad weather especially…..

Ginette

Hi Fasting Buddies

Audrey, I am sorry about not noticing the . 5 – I did wonder what you had been doing for such an achievement!!

Start of another week and another fast day! 2 egg omelette for lunch was yum!

Fasting buddies, I seem to have acquired a new man called Neil! Whoever I have pinched him from – please reclaim – I am sure he is very very nice but one man is definitely enough for me!

Signed up for Pilates classes on a Thursday and from next week a kettle class on a Tuesday. Looking forward to getting stuck in and will fit well with fasting 3 days a week from 1 Jan for 6 weeks!

I am so determined to get this weight off my poor body so I am afraid fasting buddies that you have me for the duration!

Together, we can achieve great things!

Hope you all have a good day.

Newbsx

Sorry Newby my mistake we will give him back to Bev……I know what you mean one is enough however much you love them!!!

Jean x

I want to make it clear I am not swapping my husband, I didn’t know it was this sort of site HeheHe lol ???

Ladies ladies

Newbs you hussy! LOL LOL

Ok I’ll have him back. Blimey and I thought for a minute I’d got rid of him. Ah well.

Bad news at the dentist. Looks like A LOT of money to sort my teeth out. Back at private dentist but he is very good. Needs must. We only have one set of teeth I guess.

FD and the cost has put me off my food. 1 bag of velvet crunch so far. 86 cals.

I go next Thursday for 3 big back fillings, root canals or God forbid an extraction!! He says my teeth will not be a quick fix and gave a deep sigh!!

Neil has teeth like a horse so he is OK. Now Newbs, he’s my man and I don’t share. You have given our Audrey the vapours!! LOL

Bev x

Hi all 🙂

Oh that was hilarious!!! Tears rolling down my cheeks trying to stifle my giggles… while my man was having a little nap 😀 😀 😀

Laughter is such brilliant medicine..especially on a FD!

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as me !!!

Stay safe and dry x

Karen
    Xx

Hi Newby

Oops, seems I am sharing people’s men around, well as you know they say a change is as good as a rest!!

I wouldn’t mind tge loan of a man to put up kitchen cupboards and do some jobs for me, payment as much tea as he likes, I will even get tge coffee out. Then you can have him back……

I normally have my teeth done in France, really cheap in comparison and I can even get two appointments in a week and one tge following week unheard of here. I haven’t been for a while though so I have one here who also does check ups. I prefer my French one.

Hi Karen

Yes too true, we need to laugh more.

Hope everybody’s fast day went well.

Ginette

Hi fasting buddies

Hope everyone had a good day whether or not fasting.

Bev sorry about my behaviour – think this diet does funny things to you!

Sounds like you are going to be having a bit of a session with the dentist – not fun but worth it in the end. I had my amalgam fillings taken out a few years back and was pleased with the results. Private dentistry is expensive but I think you get a better job.

Just read a few posts to OH and he said he didn’t know this diet was 5 women to 2 men!?! Suddenly his shingles has flared up again?

Good fast day today but can honestly say I could eat a horse! (Watch out Neil)?. Drinking apple cider vinegar in warm water to get rid of the hunger pangs.

It is such a relief to have other half so much better. Off shopping with my mum and daughter tomorrow and a nice lunch out using my tesco vouchers! Yeah!

Newbsx

Morning all

Think I am safe to return now, we seem to have sorted out the husband swap. ….

Ian has just been laughing his sides sore when I told him what had happened lol….

Putting my tree up today, ruby is bit better, with nanny today not granny thank goodness I am worn out…..

Fast days Saturday and Sunday this week for me.

Milena, are you ok? Not heard from you….let me know you are safe please. …. I know you are not in Carlisle but worried about you all the same…

Have a great day my fellow brits

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Afternoon Buddies,

All better now thank goodness..no doctors.

We have had a productive day taken wreaths to church, visited my sister and swapped presents.

Coming home I decided to make 30 mince pies – 4 which we have just eaten with a cuppa…well they might of not been up to standard! Hubby stated they was…..now in freezer before he picks! My batch of Yorkshire Pudds will have to be made tomorrow. Gone off the boil now I’ve sat down.

We had a walk around the village yesterday took my secateurs with us found some lovely holly with loads of berries on to trim the lounge, ( some spare land not someone’s garden!) really pleased.

Having a good positive week, hope everybody else is. It’s hard going visiting with things being offered. My sisters a nightmare but she was good today, no biscuits offered.

Keep close together and feel positive.

Jean X

Afternoon Brit buddies 🙂

Sounds like lots of you are doing great with food prep for xmas!

Audrey..even 0.5 lb down is still a loss worth celebrating! I stayed the same at my last weigh in but I’m fine with that. I seem to be losing every other week now but at least still going in the right direction! Hope your day has been more relaxing x

Bev..sorry about all the dental work. Not nice to have to have so much done.

Newby..hope you’ve had a lovely lunch today 🙂

Hemmy..hope you’re having a brilliant trip!! 🙂

Symba..great idea re the secateurs..I’ll give that a go too..not private land of course! Lovely to have something natural and traditional in the house x

Ginette Celtic Milena Sig…hope all is well with you and yours x sorry if I’ve missed anyone x

Have a good evening 🙂 and stay mindful x

Karen
    Xx

Hi Audrey and all

in Edinburgh, only problem is the closure of the forth road bridge – well if I ever got dressed and left the house it may be a problem – though we have cabinets in an antiques centre in Perthshire, can’t see the visitor numbers being high!!!

Had a bad cold which turned into a racking cough – so have spent the last week in jammies!

Listing like mad on ebay, sales are finally taking off, but I have a visit to Copenhagen planned in January and I need to sell loads or OH will cancel the trip – on the other hand, I could suggest I go by myself!!! (Can’t see that going down well!)

Ebay seems to have lost the plat but we are working hard, we have a fair to go to on New Year’s Day, so if there is a God we will do ok.

How’s your mum! Sooo looking forward to a couple of days off to come and sample her cooking, so tell her to take her time but make sure she is well – on the other hand I am good at taking direction!

Has everyone got decorations up? I haven’t. but taking a few hours off towards the weekend, son is at the new hospital in Glasgow with his pal who is having an op – I think we have him here for a few days from tomorrow. Poor lad has lost his mum and his dad works shifts – we may have a wee staffie staying for a couple of days – fun eh?

btw, how did I miss the OH swap? Though reluctant to put my OHs keys on the table, he is a love!

Milena

Sooo glad to hear from you, was beginning to think I needed to start collecting wood to build you a boat! Hope you are soon on the mend although you sound pretty chirpy now!

I have spent today, decorating tree, and helping put lights up outside, my back feels like it’s breaking, I know how unfit I am now because I was sweating just putting baubles on the tree hehe, not a pretty site.

I think we have decided against husband swapping, it’s taken me years to train mine I wouldn’t want to have to start again. …lol

Hope your sales pick up soon….

Keep in touch, get better soon

Audrey

Morning all,

Symba the mince pies sound lovely, do you make your own minced meat?

Karen, how’s your mum? I hope she is getting sorted out.

The tree is up, and so are the lights outside, Ian is off to the caravan today to cut the flowers back and scatter poppy seeds, I have over done things so am going to sit and rest today, see if I can ease back pain a little….

Love to everyone else, ginette, milena, Newby, Bev and celtic keep in touch, sorry if I forgot anyone

Audrey

Hi,

I do bake and cook a lot which I really miss when we can’t eat it….I just do it for visitors a good excuse. I did start making jam, chutney and marmalade as I like faffing about, not mince meat as we really only have it for Xmas. Chutney wasn’t the best!

Everybody so busy at the moment we should be shedding pounds!! I wish! or should it be We wish!

Audrey…have a good rest today, backs need it.

Milena…hope you start to feel better.

Hello to all others

Jean X

Hi all

Had a low day yesterday. Son had his tools stolen from the back of his van overnight. How could anyone be that despicable just before Christmas? Neil was a builder and we have masses of tools he can borrow but it’s not the same and son loved his tools. An expensive mistake and how they override the alarm I don’t know.

On a higher note. Things are getting slack around here and I mean my clothes! Hurrah.

Jean, saw you gave a mention to your previous success with this WOL. An impressive diary if I may call it that and I have only read the first page so far! Swimming is great and I wish I could but I can’t. I shall read the rest as my eyes allow!

Newbs, I have a kettle bell! Makes a great doorstop. I had a few swings and the rest is history…….oh dear.

Audrey, I fear you have been overdoing it again. Take care. x

Milena, always a pleasure to see you and hope those sales pick up. I used to do ebay and it got us through some tough times. I did read it is not quite so popular now. Good luck!

Where is Hemmy? Still in the Waldorf? Good grief!!

All have a good day.

Bev x

Oh yes
    Ginette, I am willing to loan Neil out for small jobs BUT,

1. He needs feeding and watering on an almost hourly basis.
    2. You will needs loads of toilet paper due to one of his ops.
    3. He will send your blood pressure through the roof.

That saying he comes FREE. Just say the word and I will send him down the M3!!

Bev…some people are so mean, grandson has just started with tools the prices are unbelievable. My diary I re read myself and told hubby what we lost I am glad I did it, about 7 lb a month each, a bit slower towards the end. Glad you are getting slack! My jeans are slipping a bit, weight off or needs washing!!

Milena..I think people always look on eBay, maybe Xmas slow down. We bought a leather reclining chair after hubbies 2 knee operations for £40 sold it back on eBay we got £480 it was worth it, top of the range (£1500 new). Went towards the summer holiday…

Newby..we all must have had these things I know we have in the past, all wishful thinking that they work….all my diet books 2 carrier bags full went to the Doctors book shelf…we only need the one book now!

Audrey..hope you are resting…..

Went out shopping and had cup of tea and millionaires shortbread…given me heartburn why do you have things when you know they make you feel bad! My own fault. I haven’t had heartburn since I started on 5.2!

Jean x

Hi fasting buddies

Jean, I couldn’t agree more! I have started eating bread again and I know it doesn’t agree with me – indeed, why do we do it?

Isn’t it amazing how we all miss Hemmy’s cheery posts in the morning – hope you are having / had a great trip! – looking forward to hearing from our cheery fasting buddies again!

So sorry to hear about your on’s tools being stolen Bev, this world can be so miserable at times. Were they insured?

Audrey, you sound so organised, I haven’t got the tree up yet as don’t want to ask OH to go up the attic! Away in Plymouth at the weekend so probably won’t get organised till early next week!

Had hair done today and although £100 lighter, it feels good to be sorted! If only it was as easy with the body!

Fasting again tomorrow so roast chicken tonight! Yum.

Have a lovely evening all

Newbsx

Newbs

thanks everyone – Symba, sincerely hope it is not the Christmas slowdown – I sell jewellery and it should be my best time of year!!!

The hard work seems to be paying off – Nov sales were up 25%, but not sure what December sales are going to do – cut off is the 18th for ebay figures, I think its attitude, nearly in tears today after selling a piece for exactly the amount I wanted, but so difficult to let it go, a rare piece and not sure if I will ever see another – BUT – some spending money for January at the fair in Copenhagen!

We are having a really frugal Christmas, son wants a PC, but we have made no promises – other than that between nectar points and M & S vouchers, I think we have about half of the Christmas food spend sorted. Got some prints off ebay for one niece, jewellery for another and M & S voucher have sent us a voucher for beauty -another sorted! I remember the days when I bought for 25 nieces and nephews, not any more!! I’ll leave MIL to OH this year – no word yet as to who drew the short straw, but we had her last year and I haven’t had her round since she insisted on going home halfway through dinner! Be interesting to see what he gets her – I’ve known her for 26 years and never seen her buy a present for anyone, including none of the five grandchildren. Though never seen her wear anything we have bought her either, so we put back the lovely cashmere cardi we thought of buying last year. Nowt so funny as folk!

Finally started cleaning – just 30 minutes while waiting for lunch to cook – leftover samosas and guacamole, surprisingly good – used my new Karcher window thingy – got the front door done, inside bedroom windows and a door – we have a couple of doors with 15 panes of glass – I absolutely HATE cleaining and they never ever look properly done – 5 MINUTES!!!!! and looking perfect. Get one – forty quid in Currys!!!!

Steamer is coming out for tomorrow’s 30 minutes and I have the men to help too!

Oh well, back to ebay, speak soon, be good everyone!

Hi Brit Buddies,

FD for us today, it seems to come around quick. Just discussing swimming hubby not feeling too good…I asked him if it was swimmingitus as we would have missed two this week!….I think he’s thinking about it.

Milena…I know what you mean about M.I.L. I had one very much like yours always late to arrive for Xmas dinner and leaving within the hour…always bought presents for one daughter birthday and Christmas but nothing for my other younger daughter…it really got to me, just very mean, as I like to make them both the same. Hope eBay bucks up for you.

Newby…you must look good with your new hair do..you always feel better with a cut and colour.

Hemmy.. We are missing you..hope you are having a lovely time.

Audrey, Karen, Bev, Ginette hope you are all OK

All have a good day…quite miserable here damp, dark and drizzle

Jean x

No swimming today…took him out for 30 mins walk get some fresh air down him! He just feels grotty and washed out.

Hoping weigh in tomorrow gets a pound off.

Good luck to fellow fasters today…who is on a weigh in tomorrow?

Hi fasting buddies

Jean, I too am hoping for 1lb off tomorrow- just 1 keeps me happy! FD today and am currently feeling the pangs ( why does that sound rude?)

Milena, I cannot believe that people can be quite so horrible and spiteful – pure spite is just such a negative thing- what motivates these kinds of people? – I suspect jealousy is a lot to blame?

Started new Pilates class today and it was great- met a whole load of lovely people and it felt so good to be doing Pilates again. Previous teacher put the class up to £8.50 for 45 mins which I felt was a bit steep! This new class is far more local which is a bonus.

Off to Plymouth for the weekend and to see jools Holland and his band – will be having a bit of a boogie!

Keep smiling- whatever the scales say – but keep at it!

Newbsx

Newby…enjoy your weekend and get your dancing shoes out.

Hoping to match you with a pound
    X

Good evening friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Well what are you lot like. Lolol Left for 5 minutes and all hell breaks loose.. no man is safe by the sound of it.

Just like to put my spoke in and say if there is one going spare that does a bit of painting and decorating .. he will do for me but definitely NO hanky panky thank you . lol

What a wonderful time in London. Covent Garden very pretty with the mistletoe lights.

A lovely festive feel with an opera singer in the square throwing roses at the ladies and people eating outside in mid December. London does it well.

The Waldorf was very swish … decor quiet and very restful. The meal was fab … exquisite. Definitely could live with that if I won that 26 mil on the lottery. lol

I must confess I have not weighed this week. My body seems to think Xmas has arrived already. I will have a FD tomorrow and Monday then leave it to Tuesday weigh I think.

Hope everyone in our little corner is doing okay… Ginette … Audrey…Milena… Karen… Celtic .. Bev…Newbs… Sig .. Sym..Blaise. and anyone else looking in. Xx

Brit Lovelies ..No matter how many mistakes you make. .. You are miles ahead of those not trying. xx

Welcome back Hemmy
    Glad you had a lovely time- sounds very posh! It is lovely doing wonderful things and creating special memories!

Have a good day FD tomorrow.

Newbsx

Another FD notched up. Off to see my Dad today. Its funny in the year since adoptive mum passed away I think I’ve seen more of Dad than I had in the previous 30 years! Dad rang last night to say that his youngest is driving from Luton (all the way to Gt Yarmouth/Lowestoft) so I will get to see aunt and uncle too.
    Going on my own which will be a novelty, since the stroke Stu and I rarely apart. Tomorrow will be a bit mad organising animal stuff ready for going away on Sunday. I dont know why but going away always sends me into a flap.
    I have to say that Solstice cant come quick enough, I am so looking foward to days getting lighter again .
    Audrey hows the back ?Hope mum is ok . Sounds like eveyone is on track with the Christmas festivities. We havent got kidsm, I wonder do off spring assume they are coming back to the nest even when grown up? Take god care all.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,151 through 2,200 (of 35,468 total)

You must be logged in to reply.