Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,984 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,901 through 20,950 (of 35,471 total)

• Morning all.

HH – hope your relatives make the journey alright. Saw pictures of people hailed up further down the road at Jamaica Inn… I guess they’re not going quite that far, but a long journey all the same.

I managed not to eat anything last night and i’m not going to break my fast just yet this morning. See how far I can go. The good news is that in January I actually lost a pound. I know that’s not exciting to most of us… But right now for me it’s at last something shifting. Really hope this is the start of something significant. Not sure if I’ll stick with the monthly weighing as MM recommends daily. That was really messing with my head last year, though.

Look at the time! Need to be out with the dog.

Good day everyone.

Mx

Morning All..

Snow snow snow and lots of it…shovelling snow later maybe…I love it ..shovelling around the house and the street 😂

Today’s weigh in Steve stayed the same and I lost a 1 lb so all good…Steve lost a lot last week, we are just balancing out after the holiday…

Cakey….
    Stay safe with all the travelling, I know you are usually on train but they can be a nightmare too…cake sounded iffy for me…

Hedgehog..
    Lovely to have the boys with you for a meal..shift work causes chaos with meal times…hoping your family get home safely…we cancelled best man again it’s not worth it in bad weather..I agree London will be grid locked!

Minols..
    Glad some movement in weight..

Mstar..
    Well done at getting back to pre holiday weight and lower…be safe going home..

Dave..
    Didn’t know cricket was on…I don’t mind watching a bit of that …..cricket is summer 😂to me…

Pseu..
    Have you managed to get into work today….keep warm..

Have a lovely safe weekend everyone..

Jean x

Put a pound on so happy with that, Denise is shouting at me so better do the shopping,speak later.

Think I am falling to bits, dodgy knees now my hip is hurting,it doesn’t rain but it pours☔.Took Heidi out twice so shoes coming off now.Been on to the bank and cancelled my silver account,just having a classic account so no more £12 a month to pay.I only had it for holiday insurance so no point in keeping it once I reached 65.

Dave…
    If you are walking funny with your dodgy knees it could make you hurt in your hip…

X

I think it’s my hip,I was walking normally even with dodgy knees, will take some Co-codamol and see what happens.I had to laugh when I took Heidi out,she always has her nose to the group and when she lifted her head she looked like a rhino with a horn on the end made of snow🦏

Hockey tonight, going to be a 3am job I think.

Could be 4 am,didn’t start until 1:30am😣😮😖or could be bedtime 🤪😵

Morning all!
    Well done on the weight loss Minols, Mstar & Jean! & Dave with only a little gain, hope your hip is better today.
    Enjoy the snow, we didn’t get any more. Rellies changed their travel plans & got home safely.
    Good visit with my new H-S family, lovely to have littlies to cuddle!
    Taking Xena to dog trainibg this morning, sis is taking her puppy too. Will see mum this afternoon. Having the weekend ‘off’ foodwise!

Morning All…
    Very icy over the snow…very low temperatures …again tonight will be -5 plus wind chill….visitor now cancelled for a few weeks let the weather settle…

Can’t see us going out today …get settled in I think…cooking a meal tonight it’s funny don’t really do big cooked dinners these days…I used to do them every day…no wonder we were on the larger size!

Fasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday with weigh in Saturday…if it all goes to plan..

We have down loaded ‘Fortnite’ to play with our grandson in Louisiana…so we have been practicing 😂..hoping for a game with him later…Steve played with him while we was over and he was so fussy..we can’t even see who we are shooting, just hiding about..lol..

Hedgehog..
    Have a good session at puppy training…and this afternoon with Mum…how’s your neck pain?

On FaceTime…we were laughing at Max the other day…he had been squirrel chasing again…he went to sit near the back fence, real still for quite a while ( unusual in its self) its a very big garden, lots of trees…Katie thought that Max thought the squirrels couldn’t see him!…Big white and spotted!…like a child with hands over eyes 😂..bless him.

Dave..
    Did you manage hockey…hope your hip feels better today…

Jean x

I went to bed,it started an hour late so i watched the first period and that was it.

Just got a message saying i got caught in their spam filter(for this forum)they have added me to the permanent allowed list so it shouldn’t happen again.I dont know when we will go for the meal we cancelled maybe this week if the weather is ok.

Dave…
    Glad it’s sorted..

I am hoping to go for a nice meal for my birthday..my daughter has imformed me it’s Easter Sunday!!…everywhere will be busy…I didn’t realise….might try for Easter Saturday in the day…think on that..

Hope you sort yours out…

Jean x

Hockey again 🤪🤪🤪💤💤💤 hope I can stay awake this time.

Managed to stay awake, superbowl tonight/tomorrow 😜😜😜that could be even later.

Enjoy all the sport, Dave…roast dinner tonight?
    Jean- shame about the visitor. Lots of Easter chocolate for your birthday?!
    Xena enjoyed the dog training & had a lovely play with her ‘cousin’. Had a game with mum, pushing her a bit to get round to doing the power of attorney forms, she got quite antsy & muttered we were trying to put her in a home, she sounded so like my late nan! She came round for dinner later & was fine!
    Not doing a roast today, my last day of carbs before I’m back to keto tomorrow…

Morning All…

A brighter morning today no snow or ice….weathers improving this week…

Eating day for us today but missing lunch out…

We shall be fasting Monday…

Dave..
    Enjoy the final tonight…SIL is a Bronco supporter his home team….but was watching the Saints last weekend…he will be watching it with you…

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your meal today with the family….big push for all of us…you seem to like keto….I have loads of Christmas chocolate left, out the way upstairs..we will have some on Steve’s birthday next week when we go away…two days off plan.
    It’s nice the pups get on well and they can play together nicely…
    Getting things to have visitors, buying extra stuff in, joints and cooked meats..making biscuits and buns, extra cleaning..it was a pain that it was called off…then us having to eat things up!!..I think that got to me.

Have a good day all…

Jean x

My team tonight are the New England Patriots,not sure they will win but keep getting to the final,got an old quarterback but he is still good.My hockey team won 3-2 this morning so a good start,just need City to beat Arsenal this afternoon.Chicken tonight,must be careful last year we ordered a pizza while watching the Superbowl,my son watches it with me,that’s the last time I had a pizza.

Enjoy Dave…

Anybody heard of the satiety diet? I put the app on my phone.

Ha, I don’t think a satiety diet would work for me, I don’t get full up!
    Dinner good tonight, we almost all had the same! The boys are starting to eat lots of stir fried veggies!
    Have had a bit of a carb binge today, naughty, naughty!

Nice to have a binge now and again.

The Superbowl is very boring,it’s halftime and the score is 3.0 New England.Hockey tomorrow so three late nights,it’s like being back in work.

New England won,bed time.

Morning all!
    Dave- surprised you stayed awake Dave! Did sound quite a boring game…
    Jean- have a good FD!
    Minols, Cakey, Mstar, & all those not posting, but maybe peeping- have a good week!
    Fasting for me, back to keto too, need to get back on track as not lost the Christmas extra…will have to look back at some of the meals I used to have…

Morning All..
    A better day here…

We are on a fast day and my MFP has come back into play for this month…must get on an even keel and think what we are eating….

We have our Wedding Anniversary on Thursday 15 years, (been together for 17 years) Steve’s 70th birthday Sunday…we have decided to celebrate the two together with a meal on Sunday…due to fasting….also meeting friends for lunch Friday….so fasting today, Wednesday and Thursday…a busy week..

Dave…
    I always think American football is boring…our eldest grandson plays it…getting him ready to go, getting there and watching him stand on the touch line with no game or one run out and back on the line..covering three hours in high temperatures and full kit on…it’s hard to understand….if he never has a go how can they learn!!…so competitive…we pay $5 each to get in to watch, the stadium is full of parents walking up and down shouting…😂..then the arguments over what he did or didn’t do when home..😫..Katie is glad it’s a short season for the school..

Hedgehog..
    Let’s have a good fd…we must get some weight moving..although a funny week for us we will try and work round it…is your twin the same weight as you? Does she keto and fast?…I was just wondering..

We have lost a few people..hope they are peeking in and hoping to join us again…a few of us are back fully on plan again….

Jean x

Morning all just got up.FD for me today my mate from speedway just texted me he is on his way from Crewe with his brother to get a season ticket for the Aces so my son and I are meeting them,we are going to get seats this year(getting old) plus they are both older than me I said let’s get four seats together,hence the meeting up to pick the seats.Better get my son out of bed now,he is on holiday all this week.

Season tickets ordered my first has a concession 😁. Feeling very hungry and not sure what to eat,think it will be an omelette.Jean have you setup “Alexa” yet,she is very useful.

Dave ..
    Alexa all setup..we are using her…we seem to have the radio on more, her speaker gives good sound…we keep shouting questions to her 😂

I have only had drinks up to now….still ok…eggs for us this evening..will decide which way later…

X

TuneIn radio is good,if you have a Bluetooth speaker you will get better audio sound,I have the new echo show which has a great speaker sound but for my dot I use a Bluetooth speaker,I actually have it in the bathroom so I can listen while in the shower.I use her to turn on the lights or turn on the TV,pause TV change channels,you do need a bit more for TV control.

Decided on soup tonight for me, too hard diloing liquid only after eating lots all weekend!
    Dave-nice to have the company all getting season tickets together.
    Jean- lots of celebrations coming up for you & Steve, hope you keep strong! When did you say you were away?
    My sister is bigger than me, always has been- she did really well & lost 4 stone at slimming world, but she’s put it all back on & more now. She’s starting it again this week, we did talk about keto but she didn’t do it, probably likes her wine too much!

NFD . put back 400 grams so can’t complain. Abandoned the car Friday night and walked up the Hill Back to the house with my 11 year old son . we stopped on the way to push some of the unfortunates not blessed with 4 wheel drive (including an AA man!). Igloo building yesterday in the garden and a walk into and back to Zizzis Farnham. Back on fasting tomorrow will try and break 103 kgs this week. Take care all.

Extremely hungry now, still not had anything to eat, decided to not have yoghurt or fruit on fast days from now on if I can.Heidi not seen any of her friends today.

Had my soup, so not too hungry. Well done so far Dave! Xena didn’t see any other dogs on her walk, although she’s a bit too excitable so puts other dogs off- she terrorised a border terrier the other day wanting to play, but I didn’t feel bad as it was the same dog who did the same to Josie one day!
    Jean- hope you & Steve are doing okay?
    Mstar- the snow/ roads did look bad your way on Friday! Hope your FD goes well tomorrow…

Had my ommlette so happy now,this is usually when I feel like a snack but will not give in this time.I am under my allowance for a FD so happy.Third night on the run for late night sport.

Hi All…
    We are all finished for the day….all gone well….car going in for a service tomorrow, so early start if I go missing 😂

Hedgehog..
    Shame you can’t tempt your sister to join us….Steve’s daughter coming up now and staying over Friday..we are jammed packed this week….

Mstar..
    Playing in the snow sounded fun…well done on all your good deeds too…

Dave..
    Enjoy your night…don’t know how you do it….

Jean x

I worked nights for years,so not a problem.Not as easy these days though.

Hi all….remember me 😀

Jean messaged me earlier….Spurred me into coming back on here. Ive not been getting the email notifications so Ive not been getting that nag/reminder that Ive not been postibg 😉

Ive had a quick scan over the last few posts….happy belated birthday wishes to some!
    Well done to those getting January under your belt.

January has been quite a testing month for me, but on the plus side I started on the Fast 800 and managed to lose 8.4lbs in 3 weeks!!
    Last week was a write off, too much food and drink and very little exercise has me up by 2.6lbs but Im back to it now and Im sure it will level out this week.

We had a very sudden and large snowfall last week here in Cornwall. Our village was cut off unless you had a solid 4×4 or tractor. Neil couldn’t get into work for 2 shifts. Sadly its all gone now and we are back to the rain and wind.

Since being made redundant on 14th January, Ive been looking and applying for jobs but nothing forthcoming as yet.

Major silences between some of family but Im just trying to not be affected by it as Ive done nothing wrong, although I think others feel differently!

Neil is on lates for 4 days so Im rattling around at home on my own, all afternoon and evenings. Highlights being without Ellie sometimes too…

If I still dont get notifications following this, I will have to report it I guess.

Kay x

Kay..
    Lovely to see you back…we are all better together…😀..hope the job soon gets sorted…maybe better when the season gets under way..

Xx

Hi all
    Glad to see you back again, Kay. I’m doing a modified Fast 800. Read the book, so trying to have as long as possible before I eat and 5 days of 800 calls ina short time, with a couple of days off.

Went well today… Hoping for as good a result as you!

Walked my feet off today, too – just shy of 10miles. Some of it was very slow… An elderly friend has depression and part of that is that walking is really slow. But fresh air and company will hopefully help the other treatments he’s got, and it did me no harm.

How’s everyone else done today?

Mx

I did ok,under so good.watching hockey so another late night 💤💤💤,can go to bed early tomorrow 😁😜,about 40 minutes to go I would imagine.

Morning all!
    Kay- been thinking of you, good to hear from you, & glad that you’re finding the fast800 helpful. Pseudo was looking at that as well. Hope you find a new job soon, I guess it won’t be long before there’ll be jobs for the tourist season?
    Jean- hope you can keep low with all the visitors…
    Dave- never been able to have late nights, couldn’t sleep in the day when I worked nights so I’d always feel terrible!
    Minols- I love walking, but slow walking in winter is very hard, hope you didn’t get too cold while out with your friend!
    Mstar- keep strong on your FD…
    Dog training today & seeing neighbours- not had much time to see them recently, both of them are getting dementia! Mum is finding things difficult too & wanting lots of company, making sis & I feel guilty…

Morning All…

A very frosty morning not good when killing time in York…waiting for the car to be serviced…definitely an ouch with payment today…where do they find the prices..with a chitter from Steve they knocked £63 off see how much they add on. 😬

The next two weight ins won’t be good but we are then clear to end of April when it’s my birthday..so not too pleased but can’t be helped…

Hedgehog..
    You are kept busy with all these dementia people….it’s very hard and sad…Mum was always with your Dad she will feel very lost, the better weather may help if she is able to get out, maybe a club or something like that…..enjoy your dog training…is Zena getting very good?

Must get my hair and makeup on…away for 9 am…

Jean x

Morning folks.

Kay, well done on that weight loss! I’ve had a few false starts but I do want to give it a go, it’s good to know that it worked for you, that might help spur me on. Do you have the book? I might see if I can find a video or something, I don’t have time to read the book unfortunately.

I need to go back to the gym, I look and feel gross. I’m so busy though it’s just hard trying to find the time – between working, studying and volunteering there is not a lot of spare time already. Need more hours in the day!

FD today may have over indulged last night. We had the remains of a stolen (with almond paste inside) which we had frozen from visiting outlaws in Holland at Xmas. So I convinced myself that helping to clear it away was a good idea. Anyway back to fasting today and a cardio session at the gym (again).Keep on Keeping on everyone

Just been out with Heidi,she met a new friend,a Jack Russell,it was happy to see her then it started barking at her, Heidi didn’t even blink, eventually it came up to her again and was then friendly.She also met up with one of her friends”Rashford” the girl who owns him also has a Staff called Rooney but that one is not too friendly.We got soaked too,the heavens opened for a couple of minutes.

Afternoon All…

Big £400 ouch at the garage for a general service…all was well…thank goodness..we were quite good just a pot of tea and a bacon butty instead of lunch…….a good walk round and a leg stretch in York…..I bought a small black leather handbag…I have been looking for a while.

Jacket potato with cheese tonight, Steve will have beans too…so not a bad day..fasting Wednesday and Thursday before the birthday celebrations start 😂

Jean x

Not been doing much here today. Weather is rubbish. Ive just been going through paperwork and doing some e-filing.

Not eaten much today which is fine, but Ive not drunk much either! Which is bad…off to put the kettle on!

Decorating 😵 what I should have done before my heart attack😑♥️♥️♥️, living room first,then stairs,new carpets new sofa’s 🤪🤪

Dave- hope the decorating goes well, nice to have new furniture & carpets! What does Heidi think when you do painting?
    Mstar- mmmm stollen, love it!
    Pseudo- you have so much going on, don’t be too hard on yourself! What about doung the 800 cals on weekdays like Minols is doing?
    Kay- doing paperwork all day wiuld send me to the chocolate drawer, you’ve done well!!
    Jean- ouch on the service, but good that you got a bit off. I love York!
    Mum has joined a few clubs, so is out 4 times in the week, but like today when she’s out in the morning, she then struggles with being on her own for the afternoon…I really feel for her, but we can’t be there all the time 😞
    Xena did well some of the time at dog training, but couldn’t resist running to see Nick a couple of times, when hubby called her all the other dogs ran too, it was mayhem! She wasn’t the only one, a huge labradoodle is very scatty too! Luckily a very relaxed class!

Viewing 50 posts - 20,901 through 20,950 (of 35,471 total)

You must be logged in to reply.