Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,951 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 4 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,951 through 21,000 (of 35,438 total)

• Kay..
    Well done on the food….lots of paper and email tidying….not the best of jobs..

Dave..
    I am thinking of buying paint too..start in a couple of weeks…take it steady…

Hedgehog…
    It frightens me the loneliness….I used to be on my own all the time…but now there are two who are joined at the hip..or people say 😂..I really feel for your mum…weathers been pretty good here..

Jean x

Heidi is a pain while we are painting,got the walls done and ceiling,all the woodwork to do but have to get the paint for that, going to Stockport tomorrow to look at carpet and sofa’s then pick paint to match.No Alexa or Google in the living room at the moment,took them out so they didn’t get splashed.

What a day, in work all day then the commute home was an absolute nightmare, hammering down with rain, people kept slamming on their brakes, was very very close to being involved in a couple of pile-ups. Car aquaplaned on another road, more traffic than usual, no time to make food as the second I got home I had an online tutorial, literally got in, nipped to the toilet and logged onto the tutorial. I’m glad I had a ready meal in the freezer I could eat afterwards, I try not to eat ready meals but there is no way I had the energy to cook from scratch. I’ve been needing to dye my hair for days, stripped the old colour off on Sunday which left it a horrible orange (expected) but needed covering. Had to get it done tonight so I have time to fix it tomorrow if it’s patchy. So now it’s twenty to eleven and I’m sitting here with hair dye on and I just want to be asleep. Today has just been manic and horrible.

Morning all

Bit of a piggish day yesterday – more than the 800 but less than tdee I think.

FD today… Hopefully will be alright. Ivm prioritising the gap between eating, so as long as I can make it to this evening I’ll be allowed a yummy omelette.

Pseu – yesterday sounded awful. Hope you enjoy today with stunning hair!

Mx

Off out looking for carpets and sofa’s shortly,also paint for woodwork.Cant find my phone charger, Denise put it in a box so will probably never see it again,it’s a USB C so the only one I have 😮😣.It will probably be in what I call the Bermuda triangle in our house,she puts things safe never to be seen again 🤪

Morning All…
    A lovely day here, not too cold..

Hospital today for Steve his three monthly checkup…see how his blood is going…we have a few things to ask so it won’t be an in and out as usual…

Scales are not good for us both..a definite 😱….preparing for guests which didn’t arrive left things to be eaten…not good at all….I must stop baking!!…….we have sat a bit too much with not too much movement too..

We are fasting today and tomorrow……weigh in Friday.

I have had eggs this morning for breakfast see if something different and protein can help…

Dave..
    You are pushing on nicely…hope the carpet and sofa can be found easily and what you both like..😂

Pseu..
    Hope your day is better today and traffic flowing better…all glammed up with a hair colour on..it always makes you feel better..

Minols..
    Joining you on a FD ….let’s get it under control and it goes well…good luck on the 800 ..

Hedgehog..
    What are you up to today…taking Zena for a walk, it’s getting into lovely walking weather another month..I might get my Nordic sticks out soon…

Have a good day..

Jean x

York , my favourite place, Used to get the train down from Northallerton. Been a while, once went into a York brewery pub waxed lyrical about a beer my dad liked called Stocking Filler and the barman produced a bottle & gave it to my Dad gratis . He had a big Smile the rest of the day.
    2oo grams off this morning so small progress. Back in the gym today but my legs are aching onwards and downwards. Chasing after under 9s tonight footy training .

Mstar..
    York is lovely but very quiet yesterday.. the traffic busy as usual you wonder where the people are going..

200 gr is better than nothing, all going in the right direction.. enjoy the little ones footy.. they will keep you on your toes..

SIL was taking charge of a 9 year old tag rugby for the two month it was on.. I did laugh as everything is so serious in the States .. as one boy got to the line he turned round and saw 4 boys flossing on the line, one including his own son… he was not amused at all ..my daughter sat laughing watching..

Have a good game
    Jean x

Still battling with the tech team as not getting email alerts..lol

Applying for jobs, a few jobs in the house and I need to clean the inside of my car (says Neil!!). Also want to pop along the road to get some eggs

Dave, I know that home Bermuda triangle very well! Especially where cables and chargers are concerned!

Pseu, sounds like you had a pig of a day yesterday. Hope todays calmer. At least its not so wet. Hope the hair colour doesnt need any rescuing today. By the way, I didnt bother with the Fast 800 book, just using info from the facebook group and internet 😉

Minols, I tipped over to 1000 cals yesterday, which wasnt quite the 800 Id planned. Hopefully today will be ok.

Jean, hope Steve gets on ok at the hospital for his check up and good luck on the fasting.

Mstar, the running around after the young ones later, will certainly help with progress!

Im only 0.6lbs up from last weeks weigh in, so hopefully Ill be able to wipe out the blip of week 4 and end week 5 on a postive reading.
    I probably need to invest in a new cook book that focuses on Mediterranean style meals, as Im tending to do the same old meals.
    At the moment Im doing 5 days of 800 cals and 2 days of TDEE and eating nothing processed or sugar rich and low amounts of carbs. That being said I may start introducing oats and wholemeals back in slightly.
    Im also maximising my fasting time and eating within a reduced time window, so not eating until early afternoon, which Im quite ok with at the moment.
    Ive had to put a belt back on my scruffy at home wearing jeans, which is a good sign, although I’ll need to lose a bit more to get into my other ones!

Right, this isnt getting things done….catch you all later!

Kx

Kay I put a shortcut on my phone for fatbusters.I also get a message on my Fitbit Versa when I get an email,if I don’t get any messages I check the shortcut. Sofa’s bought,carpet ordered,paint for woodwork bought,so in a roll.Not had any food so it’s another FD 😑. Chicken stir fry for tea so only around 400 calories.

Afternoon all! Did post this morning, not sure where it went!!
    Pseudo- hope you have a better day today & are pleased with your hair…ready meals are needed sometimes & bette than they used to be!
    Mstar- enjoy the football training; with that & gym you must be pretty fit!
    Dave- we have bermuda triangles too! When I was younger I was legendary for asking if anyone had seen my…then sitting back & getting all the family running around looking for it, now it’s the opposite & I scurry about for the boys!
    Jean- I feel pretty hefty at the moment, you’re not the only ones! Hope Steve’s results are okay.
    Minols- keep strong, much walking today? Hope the FD goes well…
    Kay- you do well being on your own at home, that would send me to the cupboards…if you were looking for something to do while you job hunt, someone suggested the Cinnamon Trust to us, walking dogs for people who are ill etc? Or would that be too difficult for you, missing Ellie?
    Early start for us, we had the oven cleaned this morning, so had to clear stuff out the way ready. Xena got all silly, barky & scared at the man, took her out for an extra long forest walk. Did cleaning when I got back, & have started on my nephew’s 18th birthday cake- that should be the last one for a while! Mum’s coming for dinner tonight, no fasting for me..

HH I may be coming your way in April or August,it all depends if they run a coach,too far to drive there and back.

Evening All…
    A good fast day…all finished now…..another one tomorrow…before birthday feasting!

Hospital went fine but his blood count is 50 up which still isn’t too bad…still lower than last year…he is having ultra sound on his spleen as he has had a pain in his side for a long time and that could be tied into his cancer and his breathing is still bad…so back to see him in 5 weeks see what the results are…

Kay..
    Good luck on the job front….still there’s always loads to do at home…nice you need a belt for your jeans a good start…I do think oats fill you up, we have been eating them recently in the cold weather.

Dave..
    You can’t say you have bought carpets and sofa….think women..what colours have you gone for..we like to know 😂

Hedgehog..
    I have had a protein today, gone back to basics…you must be a master baker…all these cakes…😀🎂..I really must stop baking at the moment, get the weight moving.

We might be your way too in May…plan a route with the caravan…

Jean x

Chestnut sofa’s and latte carpet.its been a good FD and will join you again tomorrow Jean for another one.Painted two sides of doors, will do another side now, carpet fitter measuring up tomorrow then fitting it in two weeks.Got to wait longer for sofa’s though 10-12 weeks 😵.

Dave…
    All sounds very lovely…nice when it’s all done…….I think I will go and buy paint tomorrow…you have given me the push 😂

Jean x

Good fast days all round? Didn’t touch a bite until afternoon tea with the boy when I had two little Nero chocs. Then home and made myself a delicious two egg chorizo omelette from the book, a lot of extra cheese (on the basis I’m on the 800!). Feel fabulously full and energised! At the moment, I’m realy enjoying this leaving it as long as possilbe before I eat. Of course, the proof will not be in the puddinb but on the scales…

Jean – you’re very hip learning how to play Fortnite – beyond me. I’ve watched youtube clips of the guys playing it, and the boy knows all the dances, but he’s not allowed it yet!

Might need to join in the baking tonight – run out of buns for the boys’ lunches. Trying to keep them off processed sweets at at least one point during the day!

Just finishing off work in the office this evening and then home once the boy finishes BB.

Pseu – good hair day, I hope?

Mx

Minols…
    So nice to be ‘hip’ and my 9 year old grandson called me ‘Cool’….when nearly 70 😂..I am level 10 and got to number 3 (my highest score) out of 100 people…

I must admit I pick my times to play, when our uk children are at school, USA children in bed and Australia children just going to bed…I try at a weekend but get blasted out!….we played in Zacks team (in America) at the weekend and out of the 100 players we came first..goodness know how, he put us together and looked after us and shot everybody…😂

It really keeps your mind active..it shatters me..

Buns are my down fall…glad I don’t do packups..

Jean x

Well I cleaned the inside of the car and gave it a quick wipe over outside. Then I tidied up all my gardening stuff in the garage and the camping stuff and before I knew it, it was 6.30pm 😯😯
    That’s a long fast!

I took some soup out of the freezer and heated that up along with a large handful of quorn pieces for my tea! I couldnt eat it all, but it was a potato and veg soup so maybe it was too much carb for me. Just had some berries and yogurt and I think Im probably just over 500 rather than under 800 cals!!

Neils last late shift today and a day off tomorrow for him, so we are going to drive out to either Padstow or Wadebridge for the day. I dont think the weather is going to be up to much, so I’ll have a look at which has more places to take shelter!

Jean, what on earth is Fortnite???
    Glad that Steve didnt fair too badly at the hospital.

Well done Fasters!

Kx

Kay..
    You don’t know ‘ Fortnite’ you haven’t lived….about 40 million people play it every day usually the younger generation…I have only started playing to play with my 9 year grandson he puts us in his team but you can play on your own too……it’s clever how we can join him in America as a team, we talk on FaceTime while he tells us what to do and where to go…good to play on a fd time flies by…

What a busy day you have had…we are just planning or talking about a May adventure with the caravan Norfolk / Suffolk way….you tidying the camping stuff…soon be time to go again..

Well done on your food day lower than you expected….enjoy your day out together tomorrow..I think we get your weather Friday…

Jean x

I have never heard of Fortnite either,then again I don’t play any games.

I don’t usually play games…all the youngsters from 8 play it to adults….lots about being very addicted …although that won’t happen to me….I think it’s good keeping my mind active …

Well bed for us now..back to back fasting is not our sort of thing….only when you have to…😬

X

You sound like Denise, Jean got to keep my bf active.

I was saying earlier to Mstar about ‘the boys Flossing’….do any of you know what I mean 😂😂sorry
    X

Either cleaning teeth or dancing 😎

Now I know that flossing is the odd dance movement where you swing your arms around!!

Im addicted to ‘Hay Day’ my family got me onto it, then they stopped but Neil and I continued…lol

Must google Fortnite….

Morning all
    Dead chuffed lost my first 1/2 stone and 4 inches off my waist

Wow, 4 inches! Well done Janny!

FD today wheels fell off last night. Backlash from the virtual spinning and headless chicken coaching kids footy. (Now I know why I will never be a junior school teacher).Needless to say the rest of the stollen has gone + 2 Waitrose choc digestives. Real spin class today. My legs are shot BTW. Sunshine in Farnborough Blustery and cold in the wind.Take care all.

PS Fortnite is banned in our house.!

Good morning everyone, weather miserable, cold and very wet.Waiting for carpet fitter then back to painting.No rest for the wicked.FD today again.

Oh no – someone’s ust arrived for a meeting and dropped off at the baker’s especially on the way! This is lovely sabotage! Thanks goodness yesterday was a good FD!
    So much for not eating until tonight!

Mx

Morning All..

A miserable wet morning here…Steve faffing with his bike in the garage, I think I will go and buy some paint ready to start when I am feeling like it……then pop to Tesco’s…step daughter coming to stay over and visit Dad for his birthday, so a few bits to sort out and possibly do some buns 😬

Kay..
    Must look at Hay Day..that’s a new one for me..I can floss quite well 😂, I think it would move some inches!

Jannie Annie..
    Well done on loosing half a stone…and Wow on loosing 4” off your waist…a good boost for you…

Mstar..
    Good luck at the spinning class always sounds heavy going…Fortnite is often banned in America depends if all homework gets done usually only allowed at weekends..just nice to participate with grandson.

Dave..
    Think of all the calories you will be burning…it keeps you moving..I have it to look forward too..all my downstairs to do..lounge, kitchen, utility and loo…

Minols..
    Why is it always other people distract you…although very nice…we don’t want it…have a good meeting.

Eggs again for breakfast scales going in the downward mode…could break even this week…

Keep safe down south sounds like high winds…

Jean x

Carpet fitter been and gone.Feeling hungry so may have something, will count calories,I have 400 for evening meal,so will see what I can come up with.

Meeting over, so I update you – the lady handed me the muffin and said she knew I was trying to watch things, so not to worry if I wanted to save it for later – so I have. Really kind of her to understand. I’m less worried about calories than trying to get my non-eating (TRE) as long as possible, so the muffin will hopefully sit on my desk and I’ll take it home to eat later, or share with OH. At the moment, not too worried if I go over 800 some days, as long as it’s all within that one eating block of early evening. The idea seems to be to maximise the non-eating to ‘flick the switch’ into your brain using ketones (?) and stores of fat.

But well done, Kay, on sticking close to the traditional 500. I have to say, if I can hold off until early evenign, and eat a good 500+, then I don’t have a problem going over the 800 – I’m just too full! It’s nice not to worry particularly about what I’m eating with the boys…I just try to make sure that mine is the smallest portion on the table!

BTW – favourite Fortnite dance – my wee boy doing ‘orange justice’!

Keystones are horrible things,my mate at work had them when he did the Atkins diet,his breath smelled like a sewer, he did lose 7 stone though.I saw him recently at a funeral and he had put it all back on plus probably another 6 stone,he now has a mobility scooter and is waiting for heart surgery.

Aside from the weekend I never eat until the evening but unfortunately never does me much good, hope it’s more successful for you Minols.

Afternoon All…
    Quick hoover round…been shopping and then to B &Q and got my primer and gloss so all ready to go…need to check my other emulsion paint, hoping it’s still ok as it’s a full tin ..after our Birthday break…

Made my chocolate Muesli buns and baked some oat biscuits but only half what I normally do..they both keep a while so no worries..Steve’s daughter likes them so she may eat the lot 😂..🤞

Fast day going well…turkey salad for this evening trying to get back to basics with no carbs today…feasting tomorrow ummm..

Minols..
    Lovely understanding lady…share the muffin later….just watched the orange justice dance..good one.

Pseu..
    We are trying to cut lunch out, it doesn’t always happen…just cutting back generally on NFDs…we really must get more focused…

Jean x

Happy anniversary Jean hope you and Steve have a good time.Still on course for my third FD,may go over a tiny bit.

Evening All..
    I enjoyed our turkey salad …all finished a good third fast of the week ….

Dave..
    Thanks….we are combining Steve’s birthday and our Wedding Anniversary on a meal out while away on Sunday…we are also out twice tomorrow …so have to think on calories…

Weigh in tomorrow..hoping for maintaining this week …we seemed to have gained a bit over last weekend 😬..I didn’t think we had gone over the top too much, we had a bottle of wine with a gorgeous chocolatey pudding.. oops..

Jean x

I will be disappointed if I haven’t lost anything but sometimes it does happen.Sick of painting,the ceiling needs a second coat then the coving to do.Carpet being fitted on the 20th . Heidi has just been sick, possibly all the paint smell.Will be glad when it’s all done, kitchen looks like a bomb site.

Hello everyone

Skin flared up again, I have let gluten creep back in again but feel it’s more than that. My weight is static but my choices aren’t that healthy and I’m feeling a bit meh.

Been looking up recipes for home made smoothies to get more fruit and veg inside me.

Well done Janny, sounds like you’ve got into the groove. Dave too. The rest of us maybe clinging on a bit by our fingertips. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone who’s doing just grand.

Had to google flossing! I’ve heard of Fortnite but not a clue about it really.

Home all week which is lovely, just need to clear my fuzzy head. Have managed a few yoga classes since the new year which is good. Although hamstrings so tight I think the teacher despairs. 8 years I’ve been going and still no closer to touching my toes.

Woof hasn’t been too well. Had a hotspot (had to google that too as never heard of it) He’d managed to bite himself (must be itchy) and get infected. Still, 2’courses of antibiotics, steroid injection, antiseptic wash; 2 tubes of cream and £300 vets bills seem be clearing it up. I can’t help feeling that if I’d just bathed it daily, stopped him biting and applied germoline it would have got better just as quick. Bought him a ‘recovery suit’ so he doesn’t have to wear a cone. It’s like a baby gro for dogs to stop him biting and licking. The big softie seems to like it and toddles over every night to put his ‘jamas on.

Just re-read my post – it’s a bit full of doom and gloom – sorry. Going to look for my positive pants
    CW

Cakey-pretty doom & gloom here, I’ll mope with you! Hope woof is better soon…
    Jannie- well done you on the inches/ weight loss- think it’s all come my way!!
    Mstar- understandable you needed comfort food after coaching!
    Dave & Jean- lovely to be visiting Suffolk!! Happy decorating!
    Minols- you did well with the muffin!
    Kay- busy day, well done with the calories!
    Pseudo- hope you’ve had a better few days…
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone! Busy day, got started on nephew’s cake at 7 am, had a Home-start meeting, finished nephew’s cake, did training with Xena at home, cooked lots of food for youngest son- he has re-applied to join the army so he went for a briefing day, will have to wait & see if the medical forms are okay this time, but his BMI is close to the low limit so need to feed him up!
    Tea & no cake with nephew…apart from a little taster of the buttercream it’s been a liquid fd.

Cakey..
    Sorry to hear the gluten is upsetting your system again..I am sure you know were you are being tempted. Hoping your skin calms down and woof soon feels more his self…poor little guy to have to have a PJs on for bed time…

Hedgehog..
    Early start for baking, nice it’s all done..I must admit to a finger of chocolate or was it two 😂…..I resisted the warm oaty biscuits ☹️……good luck on your son it would be nice for him to get through the medical this time 🤞..

I have found a Dalmatian what needs rehoming, he’s 7…I really could be tempted..it possibly would have to be a no…

Jean x

Fortnite account merge finally allows Xbox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch players to rescue V-bucks and skins – https://bundle.app/VWcHmQVB

🤪🤪🤪

Morning all!
    Ooh Jean, a doggy?! Would be lovely & get you & Steve out lots! At 7 would be over the worst of the silliness?! Hope you have a lovely time with SD..
    I can neither floss nor play fortnite!
    Just shopping to do today, trying a new recipe tonight for eldest son & myself- pasta for him, courgetti for me.
    Have a good day everyone!

Morning All…

A busy day eating 😬…looking forward to catching up with everyone but not the eating…looking at a car later for S daughter, wants Steve’s opinion but she will do what she wants any way..a big car, too old but Buddy will fit in, he is getting so big to fit in her small car…

Her time keeping is awful so we will be kicking feet up the motorway waiting for her, we will be half way there meeting our friends..hope she isn’t too late..😨

We have both maintained this week…we are down but not made the pound…we seemed to have put on a lot of weight after last weekend I am surprised we have pulled back…I feel we have had a good fast week…

I have a hair cut, then straight on to meet up with friends for lunch…look at car..then out for a early birthday meal with daughter for Steve…busy day!

Hedgehog..
    I really would love a dog…I then listen about hairs all over the house from daughter always cleaning, abroad visiting daughter, caravan and muddy dogs don’t always go together, I would have to walk twice a day and my age….I am well now…..you don’t know what’s round the corner…I think I have left it too late…he is called Charlie he is quite lovely .

Enjoy your new recipe tonight…

Dave..
    I am not that into Fortnite 😂..two days off it ..not addicted yet ..

Have a good weekend everyone ..do some nice things 😀

Jean x

Morning all.

Another low day for me… Going to try and get to home time again without eating. If I can I’m taking the next 24 hours off!

Dave – ivd heard the breath thing about Atkins… Got gum in my bag in case! But I suspect that because I’m not very good at following rules, I will neither lose weight that fast or hopefully suffer so much. I had a 3hr window yesterday for example, and I neither did Atkins protein obsession, nor Moseley’s Mediterranean. I ate the muffin, some nut m&ms and a bowl (smallish) of pasta and mince! Absolutely stuffed I wasn’t even tempted by biscuits at my evening meeting. The biggest fear is always that you’ll make yourself live miserably for ages, lose the weight and then go back to your old ways and put more back on… I figure if I keep lots of my bad habits then maybe it won’t be so bad?! Ha ha!

Truth is, of course, I wasn’t losing anything and needed something to bump start me. I’m finding not eating for most of the day easier than I thought, but couldn’t bear it if I couldn’t eat reasonably normally with the boys at the main meal we have together, so that’s my compromise. Whether it’s strict enough to cope with takeaway on Friday, breakfast roll on Saturday and family dinner before going back to strictness…i just don’t know. Watch this space!

Mx

Morning folks. Did well Tues, Wed and Thurs with keeping under 800, am going to try to do it today too but I’m having gnocci for dinner so might go up a bit, should still be under TDEE though. It’s the weekend that’s my main challenge but I’m planning to make a veggie lasagne that I can eat loads of without doing too much damage.

If you want to lose weight fast you should try to avoid eating Food with lots of fat like fast food for example(hamburgers, bacon)and stuff like that instead you should try to focus on eating more vegetables and fruit, be sure to drink enough water cause it will help you digest food faster but don’t overdo it. I see many comments talk about not eating what they want to but actually, you can eat whatever as long as you burn the same amount of calories that you consume or more. There are few good ways to lose weight fast without doing much effort some of them are by walking, swimming, even by sleeping you are losing weight or just go to the gym. Anyway, I hope I helped someone and if you have any question you can ask me whenever you want.

I managed to lose 2lbs so not a bad week.Heidi didn’t eat yesterday and not much water drank either, always a worry,I will giver her son tuna see if she can be tempted,it’s pouring down so will wait and see if it stops.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,951 through 21,000 (of 35,438 total)

You must be logged in to reply.