Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,978 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,801 through 20,850 (of 35,465 total)

• Morning all!
    Pseudo- well done for sticking with the karate, hope you’re not too stiff today!
    Dave- enjoy the crusty cobs! You can get giant dairy milk bars on amazon, you don’t have to go out,haha!
    Jean- are you & Steve weighing today, hope it’s good if you do! Are you fasting today again?
    I’ve not lost anything this week 😠 & have been good up til yesterday with the cake…(it was yum!!) Hoping to not eat til tonight, although was pretty hungry as soon as I got up!

Morning All..
    A late start again….supposed to be warmer today….food shopping for us, get what I forgot the other day…

We are having our third fast of the week so we will weigh in tomorrow morning. Then two days off..

Pseu..
    Last day of work for you, it seems to have been a quick week, maybe not for you……we love crumpets too, sometimes with cheese melted on them or with butter..they have to have loads of butter on both ways…nice at lunch time for us.

Hedgehog..
    You are getting low to your weight so you won’t loose every week…weigh in tomorrow for us..

Maxi went smelling at a bottom of a tree in leaves…he came out with tree sap all over his nose, all stripes like bright yellow iodine, all over his face..a tiger springs to mind!……Katie has given a good go to get rid but it wouldn’t move…he had to go to the groomers for a couple of hours yesterday…he has come back snowy white…I hope they were kind.
    I always like a good cake 😂…it’s got to be worth the calories!…trying to keep off them at the moment.

Dave..
    Enjoy your crusty cobs today…what’s going in them?

Minols..
    What are you and the boy up to?

Have a good day…

Jean x

Phew, the last assignment I had to do, that I got hugely stressed over, I hadn’t thought I’d done very well on… just got my mark back and I got 99%! Must resist the urge to celebrate eat

Poor Xena went very loopy at the window cleaner today, got very stressed & wouldn’t say hello to him when he came in for coffee! Had a good play in the park to burn off the adrenalin afterwards… Had lunch, needed to take painkillers for my neck, & was very hungry! Having a more healthy dinner tonight though, hubby’s changed his mind about what he wants…
    Poor Max!

Good afternoon.Done the shopping,think Denise may be baking for my birthday so no chance of not gaining weight next week.This week i am on plan,I lost one pound which is what i am aiming for each week.I got a letter about claiming my state pension so did that online,i will get my first payment while i am in Lanzarote.So i will check to see if its gone in while i am there.HH just checked on Amazon 800 gram bars,I am drooling.Jean I put sliced chicken on my cobs,the girl on the till says they smell lovely every week.The speedway fixtures are out today,the first meeting is the end of March so still two months to go.

Afternoon All…

Fasting going well…chicken salad tonight..we have had a few hot drinks…

Pseu..
    Really well done …a good mark….

Hedgehog..
    Hoping your neck feels better..I am struggling with my arthritis in my feet, I think it’s the cold weather….good play in the park with Zena …. we hit 11 degrees today so temperature is much better..

Dave..
    What sort of cake will it be?…does Denise like baking?…soon be Lanzarote time and in the sun…well done on your pound off..you have a plan..

We are meeting daughter and SIL for brunch tomorrow possibly be our main meal with snack at 5 pm..I think she has missed me being away for the month..

Jean x

Morning all!
    Dave- well done with the pound off, hope Denise’s baking goes well! Is tomorrow your birthday?
    Jean- I’m sure your daughter did miss you, will be nice to catch up. Well done with the 3rd FD.
    Hubby opened some chocolate last night as he can taste at the moment- he couldn’t taste anything over Christmas- couldn’t resist…so bloomin hard losing weight in this house with so much chocolate!

Good morning, Denise just gave me an early birthday present, tickets to see the Searchers farewell tour tonight.She very rarely bakes so don’t know when she will do it,it’s my birthday tomorrow.I better take Heidi out,got to fit her walks in before we go out tonight.My son is always complaining about his desktop computer,I had a look at it and it’s windows 7,That’s a dark ages pc so got him a new one, will be glad when I get my pension 😊

Morning All..
    Off shortly for brunch so no breakfast this morning and not much tonight either.. a 10 degrees here so quite good..

Weigh in for us this morning….over two weeks Christmas and three weeks holiday….I have put on 6 lbs ouch! There has got to be a drum roll for Steve at 1 lb up…..he hates the American beer so that was a plus for him….It’s got to be the wine for me too much catching up do with daughter…just counted, I think 16 bottles of red between us 😱😱😱, she had the bigger half! 😂

Hedgehog…
    We have so much chocolate upstairs I am not thinking about it…it must be so hard when the others in the household are not with you on the plan…I am lucky there.

Dave..
    What a lovely surprise the Searchers have a lovely night…I have seen them a few times ages ago…it will get you tapping and singing…

Hope your cake turns out well….lots of candles 🎂

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

This will be the third time I have seen the Searchers on there own.One of my favourite 60s groups.HH is it you that lives near Ipswich? all being well I will be going there for speedway this year,they have moved up to the top league.

Morning all. I had a good night watching the Searcher’s last night.Up early today Heidi wanted to go out.Might even have breakfast for a change.

Morning All..
    A very blue sky start….

A few house jobs this morning cleaning, pulling Steve into help…a bit of ironing and sorting the kitchen out…..our Best Man coming to stay Tuesday or Wednesday night it’s put a spanner in the works for our fasting ..we will work around it, we are wanting three fasts again this week.

We are fasting today..I find changing the days confuse me, to which day we are at 😂 age!

Dave..
    Happy Birthday…Have a lovely day…….glad you had a lovely evening with the Searchers..

Jean x

Happy birthday, Dave!

Happy birthday Dave! 🎉🎁🎈🎂🍫
    Hope you enjoyed the concert & are having a good day…yes, I live near Ipswich, have to meet up if you come!
    Jean- keeping busy, hope the Sunday fasting goes well! Well done to Steve with only 1lb up, you can come & join me in the naughty corner Jean!
    Pseudo- hope you’ve had the chance to relax a bit this weekend, or has it been busy with studying?
    Hello to Kay, Lynne, Cakey, Hemmy, anyone else if you’re peeking!
    Ended up with 3 walks yesterday, 2 with Xena & a really long one with mum & sis, so was a bit shattered last night! Hubby opened some more chocolates, couldn’t resist 😧 but had bad stomach ache all night & felt ill- thought it was the food but don’t feel great today so wonder if it’s a touch of a bug. Hardly eaten today, but mum’s coming for dinner so will feel obliged to have something…we’ll watch Dancing on Ice, anyone else watch that?

HH I would gladly meet you, when I come though I will be on a coach if they run one so could only meet outside the track, speaking of chocolate I have got a couple of large dairy milk bars😋😋😋and Denise has made a cake plus we are going out for a meal and a few drinks on Tuesday,so the scales will be groaning on Friday 😂

Evening All..
    So very cold and dark here…CH is blasting out..

Kept busy with jobs so fasting has gone well…..peeking at holidays the last big blast for a biggy before age catches up…..our big birthdays February and April…so it would be a combined present to us both….waiting to see what doctor says to Steve first…we are getting close to finishing with abroad holidays……it may not come off….

Hedgehog..
    Hope you are feeling better…see if you can manage to eat tonight…

Vegetable soup tonight with a slice of bread for me, two for Steve….so looking forward to that!! Not quite a roast dinner..😂

Jean x

Evening,thanks for birthday wishes.I have just made the Yorkshire’s 😋,roast beef tonight.Last night with going to Stockport to see the Searcher’s we got the bus instead of taxis, Denise used her bus pass and the driver said forget about paying,so in the end it cost me £2 there and back.Where you thinking of going Jean?maybe a cruise.

Dave..
    We was thinking of a South American cruise..I can’t get excited over a 17 hour flight and the price!

I think it would have to be India….Amritsar, Jaipur, and Varanasi would be the main places, a train journey if possible, finishing at Goa for a week near the beach…..whether it could be organised is another matter…and of course the cost we need to talk to a travel agent…

I have found where we fancy staying not at Goa but the distances are vast, then it’s the time zones which make it hard to plan it all yourself from here. India is just amazing, I would like to go for our last time.

Enjoy your lovely meal tonight…

Jean x

I couldn’t face a 17 hour flight,I think 5-6 hours is my limit.I hate getting dressed up so most cruise’s are out for me.We are thinking of a Mediterranean cruise next year,short flight to Palma then get onboard for a weeks cruise and then a week in Palma Nova.

If any of you are on Facebook and want to add me has a friend I am on has Dave Bradbury and my picture is of Heidi an old German shepherd.If you don’t want to it doesn’t matter,it’s just a thought.We did it when I gave up smoking years ago and we still keep in touch and share dog pictures among other things.

Dave..
    Have you looked at Norwegian Line..they are doing All inclusive packages…we thought they looked good..
    X

I have sent friend request x

They have very large ships,one of the Norwegian ships was in dock when we were there

The 800 diet – are you just supposed to eat 800 calories a day for a set amount of time?

Cruise envy!! Maybe one day, but I think I would be too much of a pig!
    Hope you’ve enjoyed the day Dave! (Not on FB I’m afraid…)

Pseudo- I think it’s for 2 months for people with alot to lose. I did it a while back, I think I managed 2-3 weeks then, I could probably do longer now, but not with keto…

I don’t have a lot to lose but I’m finding it too hard to not over eat on my NFDs atm… might give it a go. Tricky though since it says you should eat Mediterranean style, which would be easy with salad in the summer but trickier in the winter. Did you lose a lot when you did it?

Morning all!
    Pseudo- I don’t think I lost that much on the diet, given how strict it was!!
    Hope everyone has a good day, enjoy looking at holidays, Jean & Dave!
    Minols- how are you doing?
    Fasting today, not sure if it’ll be a liquid one though, might need something later!

Morning All..

A bright day here..

A NFD for us…..trying to do brunch and dinner only on NFDs. Hair colouring morning for me, they come around quick…Steve in the garage cleaning the main frame of his bike, then we are taking it for a powder coating ( like painting) this afternoon and leave it with the garage.

Pseu..
    I looked at the 800 sugar diet thought it was very restrictive, couldn’t really have a treat at all, short time to get health better ok…I don’t know what this new 800 is, is it instead of 500 calories…it’s no hardship doing what we are doing, is it to help people who are struggling or maybe with a lot of weight to loose.

Hedgehog…
    Just looking at holidays..all in our head at the moment, we have no idea at all where we want to go..India has that pull and excitement…
    The cruise has to be chosen carefully, you are in and out of ports, so you don’t really see much of the place really….I enjoyed some parts of it, cabins are great, lovely shows and so flustering on others….the food and meals times for us were horrendous and getting sun beds …to pay extra for A1 is a must or it can be very expensive ..17% added on everything you buy on board added to your account, tips, compulsory extra cabin tips per person…look in small print!

Well must push on….have a good FD everyone…

Jean x

Morning all

Have had more issues with my account being blocked this morning. The tech guy is helpful and gets me added back on but it keeps happening, I might just have to give up eventually.

I’m going to try the 800 diet, starting today, even if I can’t stick it for as long as you’re meant to I’ll give it a crack. The problem with 5:2 is that I find it really hard not to overeat on the off days, I’m usually fine though the week, but Friday evening and the weekend, when I’m in the house, it’s just impossible to keep it low, and I think that’s why 5:2 isn’t really working for me, and hasn’t been for quite a while. If I have rules to stick to over the weekend too maybe I’ll have more luck. It’s easier in the summer when I can just go out walking and spend most of the weekend out of the house but the weather is too scabby for that at the moment. I have to do something, I hate feeling gross and flabby. I’m not huge, I never have been, but I’m about 2 stone heavier than I’d like to be. Fingers crossed I won’t find 800 too hard and can stick to it. I’m not sure if you’re meant to only eat in certain windows or if there are any other rules, I don’t want to buy the entire book. I did look at signing up to the website where they have recipes, more details etc but that’s 99 quid!

Jean, a cruise sounds very nice! I’d love to go on one, but at the rate I’m going I won’t be able to afford one for another 30 years. :S There was one around the highlands and islands I was lusting after recently. I’d probably head off up the Norwegian fjords as a top option. You want to go somewhere sunny?

HI All

Freezing cold here – and I can’t get the office warm!

Spent the last few days eating quite a lot but only once a day…if you know what I mean! So didn’t eat yesterday except for the meal out, and even then, most of it was a Caesar salad (the only kind of salad I really like…and I REALLY like it!) yesterday they gave me cake (only a tiny bit!) during the service, and surprised me with a whole load of vouchers – sewing, coffee, indian restaurant…anyone would think they knew me!

Hope you had a lovely birthday, Dave. Is that it, now for January? I know there were a whole load of us, but are we done?

February is fabulously short – I wonder if I could manage to make a special effort for those 4 short weeks?!

Love the talk of holidays – I think we’ll head for another island paradise holiday…in the North Sea! It’s Orkney for us.

Mx

Have you ever seen any whales and dolphins in Orkney, Minols? The wildlife is the main thing that attracts me to Shetland.

Minols- Orkney sounds wonderful to me! So nice all your congregation made a fuss of you!
    Not it for the birthdays, it’s mine on Thursday! I have a feeling I’ll get plenty of chocolate to eat up as well as the meal out…will have to be really strict after that!
    Pseudo- hope the 800cals works better for you…

Good afternoon,it’s a clear blue sky here but feeling very cold.Fast day today so no cake or chocolate, will finish that tomorrow, going for a meal tomorrow too,and a couple of pints, Denise will keep her eye on how many 🤐.

Jean I have one new request on FB but I don’t think it’s from you,so have left it alone for the time being.Very sunny but snow is supposed to fall tomorrow.Only had two cups of tea so far so doing well,many calories tomorrow so only a small gain will be a good outcome this week.

NFD today pretty much the same as the whole of last week sadly on a business trip to Indonesia. I did manage 3 trips to the gym but just couldn’t face fasting in 34 deg c and sleep all over the place. Anyway will get back on tomorrow and see where I am end of the week. Gained 1 kg !

Hi all, Still here and maintaining by some miracle! So good to see you all doing so well, wow this woe certainly does work. Jean and Steve so good you had a nice holiday with the daughter and everyone else so happy to see you.
    Dave I think you will find that was me as a friend request. Unusual for me but anyone who is a Roy Orbison fan is a friend of mine and Heidi looks oh wow! Loads of love all. Beverley

Confirmed Beverley.Still going strong on FD,just 3 cups of tea up to now.I have been looking at swapping energy suppliers, sorted a possible one out.Cancelled my VPN and swapped to a different one,so saving money all over.

Evening All…

We got out and got the bike frame to the spraying shop and I bought a thick pair of leggings for around the house..I don’t usually wear them but they are comfy..

Minols..
    Orkney sounds lovely my sort of holiday…quiet…I would think…nice to have all those lovely vouchers to spend..

Hedgehog..
    All these things get in the way, on the straight and narrow then the hiccups start….we have our Best man staying over Wednesday, so we are eating out in the evening then the men will continue to stay and play snooker, I will leave them to it and collect later and I will be doing lunch, apple pie seems to have been mentioned too…Steves birthday 10th February.

Dave..
    I have sent another request..a few with Alsatians ..they all look lovely…..has Heidi got Christmas pictures around her, says you are from Manchester and Cyprus mentioned?..I have you now 😀

We are at 0 tonight the gritters have been out…

Michelinstar…
    Nice to have you back…hope all went well…finger off the button always a gain ..as I know…hard when away from home…

Beverley…
    Well done still maintaining..it’s very hard..

Have a good evening..

Jean x

Getting pretty peckish now, glad I get to eat.

Me too will have something very soon.

We are fasting tomorrow….keep strong both of you…😀
    X

Evening…not too hungry, hitting the diet cherry coke for a change tonight, managed a liquid only day.
    Beverly- maintaining is a big problem for me, well done you!
    Mstar- must be a nightmare watching what you eat & travelling for work, tiredness too…
    Dave- you’re good fasting today with food about, enjoy eating tomorrow!
    Pseudo-hope you’re doing okay still…what are you having?
    Minols- hope you managed to get warm…
    Jean- are you supposed to get any snow?
    Tried to find something new to wear on Thursday- is is just me who gets stuck in clothes in changing rooms? Zipped up a dress & then couldn’t get it off, got in a bit of a panic!! Then got stuck in a top as well!! Neither were very nice either!

Decided to go Wednesday for a meal,not sure where to go yet.Dont know if my son is coming with us, he’s at the gym at the moment, he’s started doing weights so Denise calls him precious after the weight lifter😁

Just got home, so tired. Should be studying African fisheries, but don’t think I can keep my eyes open long enough. I had a ready meal, veggie lasagna, was planning to make a salad to eat with it but didn’t have the energy.
    Just got feedback for my latest activity sheet and she said they are blown away, pretty chuffed. 😀

HH, yup, I’ve been stuck in things too!

Some of my posts are going straight to junk ??

Hedgehog..
    Hope the cherryade went down well.. I don’t do fizzy only in gin in hot weather 😂 well done on liquid only..
    I have been stuck in clothes a few times, I had to get an assistant once to help me out of it, a while since now..
    No snow forecast..

Dave..
    We are both eating out Wednesday..

Pseu..
    Well done on your assignment again..

Night night
    Jean x

It’s not my assignment this time it’s my volunteering job, but thanks anyway. 😀

Well, due to going to bed early, even though I couldn’t sleep, I didn’t eat much yesterday so well below the 800. I think I came in at around 460. Hoping I’ll have a bit more energy to cook this evening, but we shall see. Hammering down here, still no snow.

FD today was going to try and stay on soup X2 the whole day with the odd coffee. Still waking up at 3-45am. Had a small bowl of mandarins with grapefruit. Scales were down 100grams (should’ve gone to spec savers) Anyway gym lunchtime will shave off the excess so should be within tolerance for the whole day . I want that Kilo off sharpish. Stay warm its darn cold out there
    . PS no snow yet in Farnborough

Morning All…
    Really cold but no snow…I don’t think much will hit here, coming from the wrong direction…..it has got to be from the North or East for us. We live a few miles from Drax power station, it puts us in a micro climate, it stops the rain too…

Fasting day for us before our company arrives tomorrow. Few jobs to do but not much.

Pseu..
    That’s even better if you can get into volunteering..you seem to be on the ball both sides…your head will be too busy for sleeping..

Mstar…
    Good luck with your fast day…lunch time gym, very impressed……I too need three kilo off 😬…we are fasting too.

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 20,801 through 20,850 (of 35,465 total)

You must be logged in to reply.