Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,940 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  KellyClarkson 1 hour, 23 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,751 through 20,800 (of 35,427 total)

• Good morning,not tired today so got up early,not very often I am up before Denise and Heidi 😉 shopping later then wait and see if the snow comes.

Is the soup low cal Jean? My tomato soup came out at 340, and I had 3 big bowls out of it so very chuffed with that!

Planning a low day today, going to stick to the 2 FDs for a bit whilst I got my NFDs a bit more under control.

Is that 340 per bowl Pseu 😀the snow has started so Heidi will have cold feet later🐕.not sticking to floor,but car will need clearing.

Nope, that’s 340 for the whole pot 😀

I wish I could have soup.Took Heidi out and it started hail stoning,that was my last dogs only thing he didn’t like.Didnt bother Heidi though,she met one of her friends and they had synchronized tail wagging.Stopped snowing at the moment, hopefully it will stay that way.

Morning All..

A late start…quite a lot to do back in the kitchen and ironing….

Cold but blue skies here ar the moment…

Pseu..
    I would think the soup would be low calories..I have just added it up, mine has come to about 700 cals for 8 portions..two ladles each..so under 100 cals….if you pick more careful with which veggies it would be lower…but we like it and the flavour develops so always better the next day…a good cheap meal it you freeze it…

I like tomato soup but Steve doesn’t must make some smaller batches of that…

Dave..
    Keep warm hope you don’t get too much snow…

Eating day for us…fasting tomorrow…

Jean x

Afternoon All..

A bit quiet on here….I have have my pudds done and had lunch….pasties to make…going to try and make smaller ones…they are usually too large….no complaints on that from Steve…

Hedgehog..
    Sorry I missed you earlier, the page turned…have a good time at the puppy class…I joined you with porridge but yours was different 😂

Jean x

Send me a pastie Jean I like them. Very rare I have one though.The snow keeps coming and going,it’s heavier now but not sticking.

Dave…
    I think you would like them I make them the Lancashire way……very peppery….do you know Waterfields bakery?…they are as near as copied!….I made 6 smaller than usual and one a bit larger….

Roast beef from the other day tonight so they are in the freezer…..

Jean x

I like peppery🌶️🌶️🌶️ chicken stir fry for tea, looking forward to it.

Snowing now…sticking a bit..😬….

X

All clear here 😀😀😀

No snow here, just cold…I’ll make my broccoli & cream cheese soup tomorrow, will be fasting with you & Steve, Jean. Mum’s coming for dinner, she’ll grumble at me ‘not having a proper meal’! Goodness knows what she’d say if I had a liquid FD!
    Xena did well at tge dog training, ran off to see Nick a few times but a couple of older dogs were worse! Lucky it’s relaxed! Couldn’t motivate myself to do any housework this afternoon, made some shells ready for my sister’s cake next week, I want to do a coconut shell cocktail, anti-gravity with a cocktail pouring in….hopefully! Sis always said she wanted to go somewhere hot & sunny for her 50th, but they haven’t saved enough so are postponing it til next year, a cocktail cake will be as near as she gets!!
    Been hungry today as it’s so cold, so not a low day, nothing naughty eaten!

B2B fast days tomorrow and Thursday 😂😂if I can.still at least 500 below my TDEE again today.

Have no idea what an anti-gravity cocktail coconut cake is!

Bit annoyed, was going to make tom soup again and have bread this time since it’s not an FD, went to get the ingredients out, have run out of tinned tomatoes. Unbelievable. Have made a chilli instead but no where near as low as soup would be.

Pseu..
    What do you put in your tomato soup?..have you a recipe..

X

Morning all…FD for me.
    Pseudo antigravity cakes are where something (like a packet of sweets or a can) is suspended over the cake, pouring out over the cake. I did an M&Ms one for my son recently, & sister’s cake will be like coconut shell cocktail, with the cocktail pouring into it-I hope!
    Dave & Jean- did you get much snow in the end?
    Going to see a friend & her autistic daughter this morning, poor girl has had to have teeth out under a general.

Morning all.

My soup is easy – tin of tomatoes, carton of passatta – with a bit of water to swill out the carton, small tin of carrots. 1 onion, 1 beef oxo cube, squirt of tomato puree, splash of Worcestershire sauce. Smidge of sweetener, salt and pepper. Garlic, herbs and chilli if wanted. I sometimes put in celery and a bell pepper to bump it up, and I recently bought a load of zero calorie noodles, so at the moment I’m putting those in too to give it more bulk. Cook about 20 minutes, blend and there we go.

HH – Ah right, I always wondered how they were done, is there a plastic arch inside or something?

The snow never stuck thankfully but it’s very cold and foggy this morning.Just came back from doctor’s for results of x-ray’s,he said arthritis in both knees,worst in left knee,bone in left knee calcified.He asked me what I wanted to do about it.I said at the moment I can live with it,so he said ok we will leave it for now and see how I go.Fast day today and I am on my second cup of tea.

Morning All.
    A very very cold morning..snow didn’t stick but a very heavy frost …

Steve at the doctors he left the car running to clear it….he’s fine and well but can’t breathe really bad at night..so I thought he needs checking over…I would think we will be off for an X-ray!

Steve is back, X-ray, blood tests, ECG and back to the doctor next week..thinks he has water on his lungs and his heart isnt clearing it..😬..doesn’t know if the problem is with heart or lungs..

Hedgehog..
    That cake sounds really hard to do, I looked on line as I didn’t know what it was…hope your friends daughter is ok, sounds awful…

Pseu..
    Interesting your recipe, easy, I will give it a try…

Dave..
    I think you are right waiting…if your knees get worse then you can think again…

Well off for X-ray and bloods

Jean x

Hope Steve is ok, always a worry.Feeling very hungry now had two cups of tea and a coffee.Going to be a challenge today.Going to take Heidi out soon,it’s still foggy and minus 1 so will have to be careful walking,lots of ice around.

Dave..
    Back from hospital took about a hour…it’s too bad when you know where to go, collect a ticket and the nurses know you…😂…doctors for results next Wednesday…🤞

Lazy day for us both nothing planned too cold outside and I have had two busy days, I have told Steve to rest he gets too breathless when he moves about…

Be safe taking Heidi out…

Fasting today…so a meal based around eggs for us…

Jean x

I am getting to know my way around the hospital,it’s so big but know where to go now.I was getting breathless until I changed my meds.Not sure what to have to eat, could be chilli or ommlette, will see how I feel later.

Hurt my back packing a heavy parcel. Feeling very sorry for myself. 🙁

Pseudo- good excuse to go home?! Hug for you..
    Jean- hug for Steve too, that’s a worry, hope it turns out to be something they can easily sort…
    Dave- your poor knees as well, hope they don’t get any worse…hopefully you can do the exercise class now?
    Too much coffee already today, but was so cold when we got home from walking Xena. Didn’t get to see my friend as they’d had a rough night. Got some cooking to do now so will have to resist picking! Keep strong everyone!

Resistance is futile, although I still haven’t had any food,real struggle today.The sun is out now so will take Heidi out again,she met a new friend before on the first walk,a very small dog wearing a knitted coat, Heidi could almost fit it in her mouth,the little dog was afraid but Heidi started wagging her tail and they came together.

Dave..
    These hospital visits an age thing…don’t like them at all…

Pseu..
    Hope you have gone home..rest up and take it easy..

Hedgehog..
    A cold day for dog walking….we have been looking on line for re homing dogs, I think we are getting to old now…it really would have to be the right one..
    Shame on not catching up with your friend…what’s cooking in your house??…debating whether to try cooking Pseu tomato soup but maybe leave till tomorrow….

Just reading for us and a nap or two for Steve…quite lazy really..

We are going OK considering 5 weeks off plan.., another couple of hours to eat yet…

Jean x

Yes definitely an age thing,I will be 65 on Sunday 😮😮😮.The only good thing about that is I can get my season ticket at speedway at a reduced price 🤩. Still not had any food so I will last out until 6pm ish.No friends for Heidi on the last walk,she saw a cat which legged it when it see Heidi.Still undecided on what to eat.

Nope, didn’t get to go home, I’d only get to leave if I was dying. Almost home time now, glad I have some dinner left over from yesterday, I’ve been mega hungry all week. Second FD planned for tomorrow.

Has Steve always had issues breathing in the night, Jean?

Dave..
    Getting old now…anything planned for your birthday?

Pseu..
    Rest up tonight and a warm bath…hope it eases off …Steve always has breathing problems when he has a cold or chesty cough but normally ok….his back surgeon commented on his chest in October but we though he was ok…it seems to have got worse slowly now sleeping with three pillows…these last three nights he was really struggling, I thought he needed to see a doctor although he is ok in his self…

Nearly eat time…just feeling the need 😂 more than hungry…

Jean x

Nothing planned, will probably go for a meal but not on the day.Extremely hungry now but will hang on for another hour.

We are all finished here…eating tomorrow…next fast friday…we will weigh in Saturday while we are doing three fasts a week…..

X

HI all

Absolutely freezing up here the last few days. Yesterday was my birthday, so I treated myself to an Indian takeaway and wore elastic-waist trousers to allow extra indulgence. I hadn’t fasted the day before, but I was coming off two very low days. Doesn’t feel like anything is shifting at all, which is maddening, but not weighing til the end of the month, as weekly is still too frustrating!

Today fairly controlled – except I’ve just had some nuts – at least not salted! Tomorrow will probably just be a porridge day. Helps when it’s so cold!

Mx

Happy belated birthday,I hope you had a good meal,that’s three of us having a birthday in January.

Why is it there are always lots of food advertising when on a fast day😨

Minols…
    Happy Birthday…hope you enjoyed the Indian meal..

Jean x

Mmm, an Indian, lovely. Belated happy birthday Minols!

The snow has arrived❄️🌨️❄️🌨️❄️🌨️

Morning all!
    Minols- belated happy birthday! 🎉 was this the big one?!
    Jean- hope Steve gets some sleep…
    Dave- enjoy the snow! So nice that Heidi loves to meet other dogs! Hope you survived the rest of your FD…
    Pseudo- hope your back is better today!
    I made some seed crackers yesterday to go with my soup, but couldn’t resist one while I was packing them away, didn’t have one with dinner, so was all okay in the end!
    Trying to keep today low, I’ve got a new Home start family & I’m seeing them this afternoon. They have 9 month old twins, & mum’s expecting another baby on their 1st birthday! Dad goes away for work alot, poor lady, they’ve just moved here, so no family support!

Morning All..
    A very chilly morning, nearly went ice skating when feeding my birds…no snow.

Our eating day today….scales are quite up up 😂 but coming down nicely…looks like Steve will get a gold star!! …weigh in Saturday.

Catastrophe my food scales are broken and need replacing…goodness I use them so much…my porridge turned out well considering it was a guess..I am like the little bear it has to be just right…no one makes my porridge but me…

Dave…
    I love shovelling snow..I usually do half the street….is it deep?…my little Symba hated it, I used to go out and make her a clear path to go to the loo…bless…

Hedgehog..
    A new family you haven’t had one for a while..goodness twins and nearly another poor girl…definitely need some support..how many times do you go a week?

Steve has not slept for 3 or 4 years, just a hour here and there keeping me awake too sometimes…he bobs in the day a bit but that’s due to his blood cancer…only 20 mins or so but he doesn’t know he does it.

Pseu..
    Are you in work?…hope your backs a bit better…SIL is off work this last three weeks with his back..just got another two week sick note…😬

Very quiet on here…DF, Lynne and Kay are you coming back to join us….everyone must be thinking of the summer clothes and holidays….

Keep warm and have a good day..

Jean x

Hi all – another freezing day. Keeping it really low again. Just about to head out for a roll, and I may have porridge tonight, but as I have a meeting before a meeting (!) I may manage to go through the evening without.

HH hope you’re able to help the family…sounds like they’ve got a lot on their plate.

Mx

Morning folks.

Yep, I’m in work, but my back seems to have knitted itself back together overnight so that’s good. I feel quite sick but trying to ignore that, I feel like I’m going to be sick a lot, but at least it’s better than when I was little when I would be violently ill about once a week.

I’m in really late today, karate killed me last week so thought I’d try doing a shorter late day and see it if’s more feasible. Assuming I don’t still feel like I might vom.

I hope we get snow, unlikely though, too close to the coast.

FD for me today.

My car was covered in snow at 2am this morning,but all gone now.Fast day went well yesterday and doing another one today,the only time Heidi pulls on the lead is when she sees another dog and want to catch up to it,she loves all dogs,some of the owners pull their dog away because Heidi is a big dog so I always say she is very friendly with dogs,not so keen on humans though.She dosent like me talking to anyone in the street unless they have a dog and doesn’t like other people stroking her,she just moved away when they try.

My family cancelled 😞 seems to happen alot recently, although TBF her hubby had been given the afternoon off just before he goes away for 6 weeks!
    Picked up some stuff from mum for the tip, picking up more dog food & then off to see my nephew this afternoon, I will not be able to resist cake so haven’t eaten anything so far today!

Denise said Steve is lucky not sleeping for three or four years,she hasn’t slept for 40 years ever since Claire was born.Fast day going ok just about to make my second cuppa, looking forward to crusty cobs tomorrow🤤🤤🤤.

Afternoon All..

Collected my new food scale and some bits for Steves bike..hoping fir better weather 😂

Minols..
    Have some good meetings hope you can stay strong…

Dave..
    Glad the snows gone..still cold……poor Denise I would be beside my self not sleeping..

Hedgehog..
    Shame on the home start…maybe when her hubby goes away…hope the cakes nice and worth the calories or it’s a no….have a nice catch up…

Pseu..
    Hope you are feeling better…

Jean x

Just back from karate, everything is hurting, definitely going to be shuffling about like a little old woman tomorrow! Had two coffees so far, there is a little bit of veggie chilli in the fridge but not too hungry so might leave that.
    Trying to figure out what to eat over the weekend, don’t want to make the mistake of getting too much food in, all this week I’ve been counting and doing well, don’t want to ruin it. I do have crumpets for my weekend breakfast though, so that might scupper my plans to stay low.

Hope anyone else on a FD is staying strong!

I love crumpets but put too much butter on them.I could just eat a giant Dairy Milk but not going out to get one so safe😁. Weigh-in tomorrow, fingers crossed🤞🤞🤞

Morning all, Friday finally, woohoo!

No FD for me today, but still trying to stay low.

Dave, that’s my problem with crumpets too, piling too much on them!

Viewing 50 posts - 20,751 through 20,800 (of 35,427 total)

You must be logged in to reply.