Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,923 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 3 hours, 35 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,701 through 19,750 (of 35,410 total)

• Going to be three o’clock job, Toronto v Winnipeg.

I was right,3am, good night/morning 😁😁😁

Morning all.

I committed a cardinal keto sin last night by buying and eating a bag of dried apricots. I love ’em. I bought them because the thing I miss most on keto is cereal and cereal bars, so I looked up some recipes for keto granola and cereal bars, bought all the ingredients, but wasn’t strong enough to resist grazing on the apricots and walnuts.

FD for me today. Anyone else?

What did you see in the cinema Katie?

Morning all

Probable FD – although might be over if cake required this morning! Dinner all ready for tonight – celeriac cottage pie. Not convinced, but it’s made so we’ll try it!

Ended up with just over 9miles walked yesterday in half hour stints. I was foot-weary by the end of it. Walking boots going on today!

Good luck to the Thursday fasters.

Mx

Morning Thursday fasters, I’m joining in 🙂

I’m hoping work will be busy to keep my mind occupied. I struggle so much when its quiet. Bovril on standby if needed.

At the hospital tonight with my OH, so it will be late when I’m eating.

Hope I can do this.

Have a good day everyone x

Morning all!
    DF- hope your hubby is okay?
    Minols- well done with all the walking! Hope cake isn’t needed today…& the shepherds pie is good! Your son is a star trying all these recipes!
    Dave- well done with your steps & unplanned FD! Hope the hockey was good…
    Pseudo- have you made the granola/ cereal bars yet, or is that a weekend project? If they’re good, can post a link, I miss them too!
    KL- hope you had a good night out, & have a good FD today!
    Jean- wishing you a peaceful day, & not too much food!
    Cakey- good luck with all the travelling!
    I’m sure I’ve forgotten someone?
    Had an unbroken night’s sleep, amazing, I feel so much better! Hopefully Xena is on the mend & it’ll continue, fingers crossed! I’m aiming for a low day, if not a FD, can’t blame tiredness today, my willpower should be good!

Morning! Fasting Thursday.

I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last night, really enjoyed it. Had a lovely meal at Prezzo beforehand so fast day today to make up for that mushroom risotto haha

have a good day everyone x

Nope planning to make it tomorrow afternoon.
    Pretty sure my stomach is rebelling at all those apricots.

Hedgehogs, thanks .. he’s okay, its just a scan tonight. He’s having some surgery after Christmas, but its nothing too serious 🙂

Katie, someone I work with went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last night too, sounds really good .. glad you enjoyed it, and the meal too 🙂

x

I would like to see Bohemian rhapsody,I like Queen.Hock was good and my team won😁,lamb steak for my main meal,not had anything yet to eat though.Heidi time now.

I’d like to see it too but likely won’t get around to it.
    Someone on my WhatsApp group lives in Shetland and was telling me about the whales she sees. So jealous. 🙁

My legs are really aching now, always do after rehab even though I do all the stretches there,it’s the arthritis.Had one sandwich for lunch and Lamb steak for dinner when I get round to it,so not a massive amount of calories.The heart forum I go on,they are all complaining about putting on weight,hope I don’t,some say it’s the meds that causes it,but not sure about that, probably what they put in their mouths 😚 still six days until my weigh in.

Afternoon All..
    Hoping you are all having a good FD…we went out and had Haddock and chips so definitely not a FD for us…….Monday will be FD the start of a new week, unless we push one in over the weekend….

All is well here see how things develop later when she arrives home possibly Saturday…

No weigh in for us this week….I wouldn’t dare…😂

Jean x

When who arrives home? Do you mean when your sister goes home?

Yes sister…sorry finger running away with me….
    Xx

Pseudo- I’m jealous too, not just the whales but living in Shetland as well!
    Dave- do you think you’ve put on weight, are clothes getting tighter? I think you’ll be fine, you sound like you’re being careful with what you eat!
    Jean-glad it’s going well so far! I’m not going near the scales at the moment either!
    KL- hope your FD has gone okay so far…
    DF- glad it’s not serious…
    Minols- how was the shepherds pie?
    We took Xena out for a bit again as it was such a lovely day- she met a huge young doberman, the owner couldn’t control it, but luckily she was friendly & Xena is confident so wasn’t worried! Her loofahs have finally arrived- supposed to be good for dogs when they’re teething, she loved chewing it.
    Have been picking when I was cooking, so definitely not a FD, quite low though…

I’ve somehow managed to stick to my fasting today after being crazy busy at work, my car breaking down on my way home and dealing with a broken shower at home! Just sitting down with my 500 cal dinner.

Hope everyone’s had a good day x

Oh no, broken car and a broken shower, nightmare! Did you get them fixed?

I had a doberman for a while, I couldn’t control her either despite taking her to obedience classes at a company that actually trained guard dogs so were well versed in how to train dobermans. She was friendly, but just too friendly – thought everyone was exciting and would love her when a lot of people were terrified to see her running towards them. Big too, on her back legs she was easily my height.

Well the car started after 5 minutes and got me home so I’ll see how it goes tomorrow. And the plumber is coming tomorrow to fit a new shower so hopefully that will be sorted soon enough. Everything always seems to happen at once haha

I remember years ago my dad was looking after a woman’s dog that lived around the corner from him,it was Chow or is that Chow Chow,I liked it with its blue tongue,one day he went in her house to feed it ,he was gone a long time so I went round to see what was going on, when I got there Chan, that’s what it was called had my dad pinned up against the wall so I walked in and shouted at the dog to get down,it did do straight away 😁.It actually won a prize at Crafts,she had two of them but the other one got run over by a car.I remember taking Chan out for a walk and took him down the canal,it started raining so we sheltered under a bridge,the rain didn’t stop so I started walking but the dog didn’t like rain and I couldn’t move him,I had to wait until it stopped.

I wish Victorian swimsuits were still in vogue, I’m really not comfortable in modern ones.

Morning all. Yesterdays FD went mostly fine until I ate a load of walnuts at half 10. But ah well, rest of the day went well. Four hours in work today then taking the car to the garage… plllllllease be fixed and plllllllllease be cheap. After the saga with the boiler I really need things to just work for a while, I’m not made of money! Especially since my uni grant still hasn’t come through.

Morning Everyone and happy Friday.

Weigh day today and another 1/2lb and 0.3% body fat down this week. Not quite my 4lb loss like last week but every little helps 🙂

hope everyone has a good day x

Morning all!
    KL- well done, at least it’s downwards & not up…Hope you get the car & shower fixed.
    Pseudo- hope your car gets done quickly & cheaply too…about time you had some better luck with it! Sounds like you’ve not much luck with animals either! I used to volunteer for the Blue Cross, I walked a Doberman once, she pulled me across the road in front of cars, yikes, I only walked the smaller dogs after that! Don’t worry about the swimming costume- no one will look at you, I take my towel with me, leave it as close to the pool as I can & get in quick!
    Dave- your poor dad with Chan! Good job you rescued him!
    Jean- hope your day goes smoothly…
    Plenty of sleep again last night, bliss! Feel very virtuous as I washed all my spice jars & carousel- only small compared to the state of the rest of the house, but like you said KL, every little helps! Haircut & shopping to get done today…such an exciting life!

Morning All..
    A very cold start…off to a local town for a walk around..a leg stretch and get out of the house…cafe for lunch..sister never does anything so a change for her whatever we do….

No weigh in today, scales in the back bedroom and we can’t get in to stand naked !!..we will push an extra fast in next week to 3..pull us back…

Katie ..
    Well done on the small loss it all adds up all going in the right direction…good luck at getting the shower mended, ours failed a couple of months ago….

Pseu…
    Hoping the car gets mended and not too expensive for you…

Hedgehog..
    We could live on one of the remote islands…I think we would like it, buy a dog, walking and roaming about, helping the local community …..just the weather in Scotland ?? Maybe a small island and warmer..The Maldives 😂.??

Nice to see Xena out and about..seems much better now…

Dave..
    Can you see you stood waiting for the rain to stop with the dog…lol

Have a good day all…

Jean x

The swimsuit is for a scuba taster lesson so I get the feeling there will be a fair bit of standing around on the side of the pool. :O
    Sounds like Xena might be on the mend.

Hmmm, the garage is adamant it’s the battery, even though the battery has already been changed twice. He reckons there is no drain and it’s just that the battery is rubbish. The garage that changed the battery last time were the ones I bought the car from, which is 50 miles away and I’m sure they’ll refuse to change it again since they’ve done it once. So I’ll let this guy do it and we’ll see… I mean fingers crossed he’s right… but I doubt it.

Good afternoon done the shopping,took Heidi out and had lunch.Its a lovely day today, brilliant sunshine, watching Manchester City women play tonight, football.Five day after today to my weight in,hope I loose something after reading most put weight on after an heart attack.my dentists sent me an email saying I am due for a check-up,they must be short of money,I only went at the end of August so sent them one back saying so.

I am in shock – just picked my car up, and the auto-elec guy told me that the battery that was in there, the one the last people changed as a goodwill gesture, was THE WRONG BATTERY FOR THE CAR. It’s not even the same shape!!!

So hopefully it will be ok now then and start first time.

Fingers crossed! He checked everything and said there was no drain, though I won’t be able to fully relax until I’ve been driving it about for a while.

Pseudo- hope that does the trick, I bet you were hopping! I can see the dilemma about the swimming costume! What about wearing a Tshirt over it if you can? My friend had a big argument with life guards to let her daughter wear one- she’s self-harmed & is anorexic so was very self-conscious, my friend won…Or a burkini!!!
    Jean- yes, the Scottish weather might put me off, I’d like to live somewhere where you had room to stock up & not go out, plus a fire or woodburner…Would be lovely to be off-grid & self sufficient! But the Maldives is pretty appealing! Hope you had a nice day out…
    Dave- enjoy the footie! I’m sure you’re weigh-in will be good, not long now!
    Xena is still a bit squitty, but at least not at night-time! Hubby very keen to have a Chinese tonight, so said I’d have one too, let’s face it, I haven’t been exactly strictly keto recently…Need to get back on track before things slip too far!

Evening All…

A good walk around this morning in Selby a small town …

Just getting settled this afternoon and a neighbour came round and stopped for 2 1/2 hours…😬..getting a bit regular popping by 😬…Steve not amused with three chatting women…

Popping sister back home tomorrow morning, all has gone well and broken the ice…..after three years of not talking…. then going to Hull to watch the Queen Movie if we can get in..in the afternoon…

Pseu..
    Enjoy your scuba class, you will have all your gear on weights and tank, I wouldn’t worry…my daughter did it when she was about 17 she enjoyed it…it was with the police diving team…just think there is always someone larger than you, always someone thinner, just be You…I am sure you are worrying more than you should be…

Fingers crossed with your car..I can’t believe they put the wrong battery in…how naughty!!

Dave…
    Enjoy the ladies football tonight…interesting your weight at the end of the month..a few days to go…fingers crossed for you…

Hedgehog..
    Go for the Chinese and enjoy …I will be with you next week…a bit on the tight side…lol…clothes and food😂

Pseu would like the Maldives the fish and marine life is undescribable…beautiful….I swam with 3’ long turtles, I could of touched them but you are not allowed or supposed to.. also we swam with a school of Mantra Rays they must of been 10’ long each that was amazing, one swam under me and touched my belly…they were being nosey … 4’ reef sharks…

Back to normal tomorrow get my act together…house will be all quiet again….

Have a lovely weekend everyone..

Jean x

I said to Denise about going to watch Bohemian rhapsody,may go next week.Its getting colder now, winter almost here.

Yes the Maldives do sound pretty spectacular!

I’d love to live off the grid too, though I’m a bit internet addicted. But then it’s mostly boredom, if I was physically more busy then I probably wouldn’t be online so much.

I’ve not been as keto as I should have been either. I make keto meals a lot, but then eat too much of them or have too many snacks. Just made one version of keto ‘cereal.’ Not great. Have another baking now that looks a smidge more promising. Have mixed the cereal bar mix, will make them tomorrow.

I wish clothes shops would sort out their sizes. I bought a size 12 jumper from Next and it’s huge. I could probably fit in an 8, and I am definitely not an 8.

Morning all!
    Pseudo- hope the cooking goes well! I know what you mean about sizes- I’ve bought a pair of size 6 trousers this summer, I am definitely not that! I think that the sizes are getting bigger; I’ve got some size 8 jeans from years ago & they’re smaller than the ones I have now!
    Jean- Maldives sound wonderful! That must’ve been an amazing holiday! Safe journey taking your sister home, glad you’re speaking again!
    Xena woke at 6am needing to go out, so at least we had a decent amount of sleep! We might take her to the puppy thing at the pet shop today. It’s supposed to rain most of the day here, so it’ll wear her out, we won’t have to play in the garden!

Morning All..
    Brrrrr what a cold day…lots of snow about in North Yorkshire, just far enough away that it’s not here..😂..thanks Dave you must of known it’s on the way…😀

Taking sister back home at lunch time then going to the cinema …

Dave..
    I will let you know what I think on the film…we never really go….

Pseu..
    Hope your next batch of cereal bars turn out nice…I feel the clothes sizes too they are different in each shop, as long as you know that and it doesn’t depress you…😀

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy the puppy ‘ club’ at the shop burn off some energy…at least it’s warmer

It was a special holiday before we finished work to the Maldives, I couldn’t swim I was 58, Steve took me out with a life jacket on to see the amazing fish and all the coral in the deep water I was petrified ..when coming back home I went for swimming lessons, I went on to do a mile swimming in the classes…… the following year we went back to the Maldives and we used to go a mile out to sea swimming, although went out with a doodle to rest on we were out for a couple of hours at a time, twice a day..I swim quite well now…it gave me the boost to learn….

My sister is like having two young children chattering all the time, the noise, she doesn’t listen just talks ..I think I need your book!! At least the ice is broken…

Have a good weekend all keep warm..

Jean x

HH, the second batch of cereal and cereal bars turned out well, the cereal especially.

This is the cereal recipe, very muesli like. I ate it with single cream. Yum.
    https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/low-carb-cinnamon-keto-cereal/

This is the cereal bars. Tasty, and definitely has potential but not sticking together well enough, I’d recommend adding more butter to help bind them.
    https://www.tasteaholics.com/recipes/breakfast-recipes/chewy-granolabar-recipe/

There is a family gathering going on at my parents house today with my eldest brother and his family visiting from Newcastle. My middle brother was also going, so there would likely be around eight people in all. I’m really not good at those type of things, the noise and the busyness just gets me stressed and anxious so I just avoided saying anything about going though I’ve been wondering this morning whether to make an effort or not.
    Now just had a text that my parents and my eldest brother are in A&E. My dad keeps having funny turns and collapsing, the doctors have been looking into it but not found what’s causing it, but apparently he had another one this morning. So now my brother has gone to the hospital with them – hopefully he’ll be able to actually get something done because he’s a consultant radiologist and so knows what he’s talking about. Last week my dad collapsed in the street, and because he was suddenly dead weight my mother couldn’t hold him up, so she wrenched her arm and he hit the pavement head first. Didn’t do any lasting damage luckily, could have been a lot worse.

Hello everyone cold here but no sign of snow, Don’t want any.Been out twice with Heidi so that’s it for today.Hockey tonight so a three am bedtime if I stay awake.I will look forward to your review Jean on Bohemian Rhapsody.

I’m never eating again

You’ve got to or you will disappear from the face of the Earth.

CW, I think that’s one of the hardest parts of trying to lose weight isn’t it? It would be so much easier if you could just decide to not eat anymore, like deciding not to drink alcohol.

They’re keeping dad in hospital on monitors.

He won’t get much sleep tonight the think I got about an hour’s sleep when I was on monitor.

Evening All….
    Shhhh shhhhh a pin drop all on our own 😂

Dave..
    What a film…spine goose bumps and very emotional for both of us…if you enjoy Queen it’s brilliant..

Pseu..
    Hope your Dads OK what a worry..it would be nice to get together with the family even if difficult it’s only for a few hours…

Glad your next batch of cooking turned out better and tasty…I sheall check out the recipe..

Cakey…
    You are not on your own….can I join you……I am never eating again Club!

Jean x

I’ll join the club too. 😀

I heard Bohemian Rhapsody is a biopic of the band rather than of Freddie Mercury, would you say that’s true? I love Queen but I don’t think I can believe Rami Malek as anything other than Elliot in Mr Robot. I’ll be sure to watch it once it’s out on DVD though.

Silence… bet Steve is glad to have a reprieve! Just keep your fingers crossed your neighbour doesn’t decide to pop by again anytime soon!

The thing that bothered dad the most last time he was in hospital was the ‘death cart’ with a squeaky wheel that he heard going about in the night. 😀 Oh the the crazy old woman on the same ward who attacked someone else’s visitor with a chair.

They were taking my blood at 1am and blood pressure at 5am.😮🙄🙃

We went out for lunch to an Italian for niece’s birthday. I didn’t eat that much but have felt uncomfortable all afternoon. Maybe because it was carb laden or maybe I’m not used to eating in the middle of the day.

Pseu, hope they get to the bottom of what’s wrong with dad and he’s out of hosp soon.

We are heading away for a much needed weeks break. A tiny cosy cottage on Herefordshire. I don’t intend to do too much for the next 5 days other than read my book or take 4paws for a walk.

Enjoy your peace and quiet Jean and Steve.
    CW

Pseu..
    I don’t think you can have one without the other..more about Freddy but the back ground of the band was there too…one of the best films I have seen…

Goodness the death cart..I don’t like that….

Cakey..
    Hope you can sleep tonight I can have a restful night if too full…I have heartburn knocking about, it’s all about wrong eating ☹️

Enjoy your rest at your cottage…you really deserve it…

Jean x

I take back what I said about the butter in that recipe, I worked it out wrong.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,701 through 19,750 (of 35,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.