Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,979 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,151 through 19,200 (of 35,466 total)

• Hmm

Arrived, straight upstairs to drop their bags in the room, back down and straight out the front door to go for pizza with friends. I’m so glad they keep up with their friends at home.

I’m off to share the ham alone with the dog.

CW

Poor Cakey..
    What can I say Kids!
    Xx

Cakey- poor you, hope you enjoyed the ham! I feel for you…I am definitely a feeder too, I’d have got a whole meal ready in case! The dress sounds lovely, wish we could post pics here! I’m sure you’ll wow everyone & with the cake too! Have a great time!
    Jean- I really hope Steve’s results don’t affect your trip, I’m sure the children are looking forward to seeing you. Did you have a good meal last night?
    Pseudo- hope you can get a walk in, think it’s supposed to be dry?
    Dave, weigh-in getting closer!
    Minols- hope you have a good day, how’s the back holding up?
    We’re off to the puppy hour at Wyevale again in a bit; Xena is sleeping, we had a lovely play this morning with no biting- she was just too over excited to be able to play much up until a few days ago, it’s improving…She was a bit too keen on the curtains afterwards, so had to spray them, if she sees the spray being put on, it seems to work!

Morning All…

A lovely bright day…we have been in a couple of days so going somewhere today, we don’t really need anything maybe get the wheelchair out and do something….

Hedgehog…
    Have a good play morning, glad the nipping is calming down she just needs to know what she can and can’t do…

Katie went to Chapel at school yesterday morning, the parents can join them at any time, the children start school at 7am in Chapel every day, so the dog walk was delayed by half an hour…a toilet roll was in tatters all over the floor and her feather duster in bits …he was bored, it’s my fault she said….

Meat pie for us last night I have had someone moaning for while about not having one…I left half of mine, lovely but too much..

Cakey..
    Enjoy your party tonight…hope your daughter and boyfriend gives you some time today…..my SIL must feel guilty I have just had a call to say they are calling for a couple of hours, daughters coming too…bringing lunch with them which is nice…lol…may give her my two books for the grandchildren she is in charge of them till they are of an age to understand our own history, they are hers too…

We will now go out later…

Pseu..
    Hope you get on your walk, it’s lovely here….

Dave..
    What you up to this weekend?

Have a good weekend all..

Jean x

Jean- you must be so proud with your books, it’s lovely that you’ve done that for the family, I’m sure they’ll appreciate it! To have a book published is impressive!! Have a lovely day out today!
    Puppy party went well although Xena certainly found her feet & went in with the older puppies this week, & got stuck in! Waiting now for BIL’s niece to come round with her 6 month old spaniel puppy, hope Xena behaves!

Hedgehog..
    Jacqui was very pleased with the books and was impressed how it looked…I feel as it’s a big achievement for me, even at my age…

Zena is getting big now to push in with the dogs and make her presence felt better than being frightened…..good luck with the spaniel puppy, still they are a pleasant breed too…hope she shares her toys 😂

Jean x

Not done much today,bit of shopping watched football, watching football again now, good job Denise loves football 😁. Heidi has been out twice so she is happy.Never had the chocolate so it’s still there,can’t see it being there tomorrow though.

Going to watch the Bodyguard later, final maybe while I munch chocolate 😋😋😋😋😋

Hope you enjoy the Bodyguard, I thought it was great! & the chocolate will be good I’m sure!
    Jean- yes, you should be proud of yourself!
    Xena enjoyed herself, but was definitely not the boss this time, well & truly pinned down, but still kept coming back for more! A misunderstanding as we were expected at theirs, so she got to explore someone else’s house! She’s slept well but still lively imbetween…

Dave..
    Enjoy Bodyguard…I decided who it was then just towards the end I was right again…lol

Hedgehog..
    Glad all went well but she lost this time 😂

I have had one wine and finished some chocolate…thoughtful food day tomorrow …I have been downloading some yoga books…may give it a try…

Night night

Jean x

I quite often say Denise has wrote the script for these types of show,she nearly always get it right,who the baddie is.

Morning all!
    Wasn’t very good last night; there was a bit of pudding left needing eating up…only a very small bit though! Will have to be careful today instead!
    Youngest got home late from London last night, they’d had a really good time so he was full of it, back to his old self!

Morning all.
    Made the most of the weather and my last weekend of freedom by hiking yesterday, my little toesies are aching and I have a sunburnt face – it was pleasant out but it definitely didn’t feel warm enough for sunburn! The sea was beautiful and glittering, saw lots of fish and a heron. I ate out and had some bread for the first time in months, it didn’t make me turn into a crazy carb monster, was nice enough but I could take it or leave it really.
    I am planning to volunteer with the Sea Watch Foundation, am just waiting for the local coordinator to get back to me, I have my fingers crossed I’ll get to do some boat surveying, that would be my absolute dream. If that’s not possible I’ll just do some data entry for them for now, though I do eventually want to intern for the summer that’ll need to wait a few years – the interns work with the local dolphin population, that would be fantastic.
    Over ate last night, definitely need to stop buying yogurt again, I like it too much.
    Looks like a fine but cloudy day today, I really need to get some washing done. Yesterday would have been the best to dry it but I left early and wasn’t home until after nine.

Morning A…

A lovely day but chilly..

We have decided to go out for a full cooked breakfast, only at Morrisons but they do a good one…anything for me not to cook and then maybe start to fast into tomorrow…..

The afternoon walk out yesterday has made my toes ache maybe pushing a heavy weight!

Dave…
    Us women know everything….even if you men and children think we don’t!!

Hedgehog..
    A bit of pudd won’t hurt, you are always so good…glad your boy enjoyed his weekend away…

Pseu..
    That walk sounded very lovely on coast seeing birds and fish….your course seem very interesting.. hoping Sea Watch need your help and get back to you…

Minols..,
    How is your back doing? Have a good work day…

Cakey..
    Hope you had a good party and your daughter has given you some time….

A few missing…Kay, Lynne, Bev, DL, Hemmy…hope you are all OK…sorry if I have missed anyone…..everybody have a good Sunday…

Who’s fasting Monday??

Jean x

Hello

It was a lovely party, cake looked good, not exactly how I’d pictured it, but sister seemed very happy about it and it tasted good. Lovely to catch up with family that you don’t see too often.

Big family lunch at ours today so busy cooking for that.

Your walk sounds lovely Pseu and new possibilities with SeaWatch. It’s lovely that you know what your passions are and hopefully to combine with a career.

I’ve just booked a calligraphy workshop. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while. It’s just an afternoon session but I’m really looking forward to it. Not so keen about going on my own but going to push myself.

Would love to see photos of Xena, she sounds such a little cutie.

Breakfast sounds good Jean. I’ve had toast this morning, not good as supposed to be staying off the gluten. I’ve done fairly well all week so hopefully a little bit on a weekend won’t hurt, we’ll see.

Hi to everyone else. Raspberry cheesecake chilling in the fridge. Next job is to make a pineapple upside down cake for pud. No sign of the kids yet but am sure they’ll be down for breakfast before too long.

CW

Hi All…

Breakfast was very good and very big…I think that will be it for the day..totally stuffed even Steve left some…unusual…….maybe a new plan?….lots of people there with the same idea, quite surprised….

Enjoy your family lunch Cakey some nice things on offer 😀…your Calligraphy afternoon sounds different…you will enjoy it..

A lazy day ahead….yoga books to read for me and newspapers for Steve….

Jean x

Jean

Just a recommendation – the best home yoga I have found is Yoga without Adriene on YouTube. There are a few different 30 day challenges that are free, then you can do one each day as you watch the video. She is so good and such a natural presenter, not too serious. ECh day is15 – 30 minutes each so not too time commitongn either. Definitely recommend if you’re going to do some at home x

Cakey ..Thanks I was going to look on utube…I have done three ‘things’ this morning out of my book then thought I may be doing it wrong….I shall chase her up..

I can’t find any classes local, only one at £7 thought that was expensive…still I haven’t done classes in years…I shall look more..

Jean x

Got weighed so got to wait until 31 of October for the next one.Cant remember what I was but I think I have gained about half a stone or there abouts.Fast day tomorrow for the first time for a while.I suppose all this taking it easy didn’t help with my weight.Will see what they have to say at the hospital when I start my rehab in the 10th October.

Cakey…Thanks for that she is very good, I found a beginners and a seniors sessions…all the others look very difficult…I shall give those two a try..

Xx

Dave..
    You have had a difficult month…just draw a line get better, take it easy then get back on track when you feel better and able..

This is Steves problem he is just not moving..these last 10 days he has got a lot worse…

Xx

I will feel better when I have had my first cardiac rehab, will know what I can and can’t do.I was lying in bed and suddenly I was out of breath,yet I have just took Heidi out and I am ok, weird.

Dave-lots to mention at your next rehab, or otherwise mention it to a GP, getting breathless when you’re resting I wouldn’t have thought is quite right? I’m sure it’s all a bit worrying after a scare like that.
    Pseudo- that sounds like an amazing walk! Will you have time to do the sea watch as well as the studying, sounds great though?!Especially if it could lead to dolphin watching!
    Cakey- hope your family lunch went well, & glad you had a good party! Have a quiet evening before you’re back to work tomorrow…
    Jean- what days are you fasting this week , the usual 2 or ADF? Breakfast out sounds yum, I think Morrisons food seems to be good value.
    Minols- hope the harvest service went well if it was today?
    Oops, we went to the wrong Church today, they alternate between 2 villages but occasionally change it round. They never start on time & we weren’t the last in! Xena’s been all scared this afternon, of the neighbours mower & the bird feeder when I filled it up! Blew bubbles for her & she loved that! Both boys home for dinner tonight & both talkative for a change!

Hedgehog..
    Fasting Monday and Thursday as usual…not had much today just the breakfast of course and a banana about 5 pm…

Shame on the church mix up…we are in a village and share the vicar with another village…services usually stay the same….full house for dinner that’s nice for you..before they fly the nest…

Jean x

Evening everyone

Lovely morning today, read through all the emails for the last few weeks to catch up on everyone’s news.

I’m hovering at the same weight, but a bit higher than I’d like and struggling to fast at moment. Low white blood cells mean I’m picking up colds all the time, hope I get a few weeks without one so I can get back on track.

Work is good, new role but been fairly quiet as things slow down towards Christmas in IT, but hopefully a couple of projects I can start working on in the next couple of weeks in preparation for the New Year.

I’m going to make a concerted effort to pop by more regularly, and maybe even try a fast! Trying to cut out snacking though is my first hurdle, on weekday at least.

Good luck to anyone fasting tomorrow, I’m going to try and keep it sensible this week rather than an all out fast.

Lynne x

My first fast tomorrow for a while,so fingers crossed I will be ok. May try to do 600 instead of 800 calories.

Morning all!
    Lynne- nice to hear from you, glad that the new job’s good, shame about picking everything up, hope you have a bug-free time for a while!
    Dave- good luck with your fast, I’m sure it’ll be fine.
    Jean- you as well, I’m sure you’ll keep busy as usual!
    Pseudo- are you fasting too, going for your few days in a row or ADF?
    Cakey- have you got much travelling to do this week?
    Minols- how’s the writing it all down going for you?
    I’m not sure what to do this week; I haven’t weighed but I have eaten well over the weekend, so don’t expect it’ll be great! I like doing the extended fasts, but wake so early with it, & as everyone’s off tomorrow, there’s no rush to get up- even Xena seems to naturally sleep later!- so I might go back to the original 500 cals this evening, & see if it helps. Black coffee & water only until then though. I might have an omelette tonight.

Morning all, FD for me today, don’t know what other two days I’m doing yet, just go with the flow like I did last week I think.
    I should be able to fit some volunteering in around work and studies, if I was just doing it for fun I would likely not even try since time will be tight, but I need to get in as much experience as possible for as long as possible for the job prospects. I want to get into marine conservation and Sea Watch would look great on a CV. The interning would be brilliant, but no way I can have that long off work until the last year of my studies when I’ll likely be ready to move on anyway.

Morning All..

A lovely blue sky today…

We are both fasting…cooking a joint of ham but may add to omelette, decide later..

We have the caravan jockey wheel to fit, Steve is thinking we will go and do it…not a big job but he is not fit enough to be faffing….

Lynne..
    Lovely to hear from you and glad the job is going well and keeping you busy…..sorry you are picking up a lot of bugs and can’t fight them off…you and Steve a pair together he has to many platelets!!

Try and get back to fasting before all your past hard work all comes back to bite you…we know we have been there, a pound here and there, you see it happening before you know it you are at square one again…

Dave..
    Hope your fasts goes well…keep up the water/ liquid intake to stop any dizziness ( so my doctor says)..

Hedgehog..
    A bad night for me again, I had about three hours sleep, busy head I think, holidays, Steve, sister…….Steve was very restless but said he had a good night …he was up 4 times but doesn’t seem to know!

A good week of thoughtfulness should balance the weekends food out…even if you keep the same…you have to live 😀

Pseu..
    A busy and exciting year ahead…you seem very enthusiastic …

Late start must get in the shower can’t really be bothered, with everything happening .. a lot on my mind..

Jean x

I hadn’t realised how much the coffee helps on a FD, really missing it! 🙁
    Xena’s been to the vets for her final jabs & thoroughly enjoyed the trip! Sue said 5-7 days before we can take her out, yay! Puppy classes are fine tomorrow.

Fast day going ok up to now,had SIX tablets and two glasses of water plus a cup of tea up to now.Just been reading on the heart forum,they are all getting the flu jab,well most of them are,I have never had it so can’t comment.Dont know if I will have to have it or not.Having cottage pie with sweet potato for my only meal,just under 300 calories.

I am so bored.

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say hi as I have started the 5:2 diet today fully after a few weeks of starting and stopping but a girly getting ready session for a night out on Friday and catching a few glimpses of myself in the mirror, lack of “going out” clothes that now fit me and not great photos and shown me how much I have let myself go over the last couple of years and how I am now ready to get back on track to building a better, more confident me again 🙂

So just a bit about me…I’m 33 and from Bournemouth and looking to lose 2 stone 10lbs with hopefully the first stone being before Christmas (that’s my first goal anyways) and really want to work on feeling better about myself through this diet and exercise. I have planned to do my fast days on Mondays and Thursdays and I live a 5 min walk from a gym that I plan on going to most days and also am always involved in fitbit challenges that keep me moving much more.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated muchly and hello again 🙂

Hi all – and especially welcome KatieLouise.

I’m not doing disciplined 5:2 at the moment, but will be back into things in a more disciplined way soon. So best advise is to keep touching base with everyone here, as it helps to keep your head in the game…especially on a difficult day.

Lots going on for me at work just now, and the boy having lots of wee health niggles that are just not like him – he was even in with me for 2 days last week! You can tell we’re nearly at the school holidays – he’s ready for them! I had one Harvest yesterday at the place I’m ‘overseeing’, school assemblies all week, and then our own harvest this Sunday…need to get a few bits of writing finished today as well as touch base with the 4 people I’ll be marrying before Christmas. Long day planned, and a long meeting that I’m not in charge of tonight…OH always asks me what time I’m likely to be in and if I say I’m not in charge of the meeting he knows it’ll be late!

So, I’d better get on with things…no, wait, just paused to come on here AND make myself some porridge – nearly forgot about that!

Catch you all later.
    Mx

PS Back all good, I think. Certainly no reason for not picking up all the leaves and cutting the grass on Saturday…we’d got to bear hunt stage in the back – swishy swashy, swishy swashy!

Afternoon All..

Just popped out on a job we have forgot to do, leaving the caravan for another day…back home having a coffee for me, tea for Steve…

Joining Hedgehog for a ham omelette this evening with a bit of a salad…

Hedgehog…
    I will shout it…’Walkies’…it’s so exciting to get out with the pup…time flies, how old is she 12 weeks??

Dave…
    We are the age for flu jabs, ours in about a month in an open surgery on a Saturday….I never get colds and I discussed it with the doctor…he said every year after 65, it doubles the chances each year of getting flu, he really recommended it big time…I hardly take any tablets so was against the jab too…but I do have it.

Pseu..
    Are you not busy…you have had a lovely weekend…

Minols..
    Is your back a lot better…you have a lot on at the moment…lots of harvest festivals it’s a nice time of the year….hope the littl one feels better soon…

Katie….
    Welcome Katie Louise….we have one of each of you as daughters, a Katie and a Louise..lol

Come and join us for support and help if needed…I think you could do about a stone by Xmas it’s quite doable. A few of us do Monday and Thursday FD’s unless things happen and have to change days..

Think by summer all the new clothes you will be in..😀..two sizes down possibly!!

Looks like you have a plan in place..have a good fast day today….what is your eating plan today?

Jean x

Welcome Katie Louise,my daughter is called Claire Louise,if you do like a lot of us and keep coming on here you will lose a stone by Christmas.Not sure about the flu jab, will see if I am offered it I think.

Hi KatieLouise, I’m 34 so we’re about the same age. 🙂

It’s really quiet today, only two orders one one isn’t being sent until Thursday. There’s plenty of background stuff I could be doing, but since it’s nothing vital I can’t get up the motivation.

I ordered a uni hoodie which arrived today and it’s huge. Can’t decide whether to just wear it oversized and send it back and get a small. Decisions decisions.

The doctors always try to convince me to get a flu jab because of my asthma, but since I’m terrified of needles it won’t be happening.

I don’t like needles, when I was 7 years old I fought off three nurses who were trying to give me an injection, a local anesthetic and ran,my mother went mad but I had to go back to hospital the next day and have a general anesthetic to have a pin removed from my arm.In later years I became a blood donor and while I was in hospital a few weeks ago I was like a pin cushion,I had that many needles stuck into me feeling a little peckish now but will last out until later

Thanks for the welcomes guys 🙂

Minols – I do think checking in on here will help me stay on track better and I plan on Friday morning’s being my weigh day so I shall share my (hopefully) success each week and hope that the thought of putting losses or gains out there will be a bit more motivation haha.

symba7 – haha no way, they are both very good names but obviously I’m biased lol. Its so nice to hear that a stone before Christmas could be in sight, I thought maybe I was being a bit adventurous. Well I have two mini breaks away next June (only in UK but should be nice weather) so I’m trying to focus on the summer clothes I can wear rather than what I can cover myself up in whilst telling people I’m not hot when really I’m melting. So today I am holding on to my 500cals until this evening after the gym when I’m going to have some fish cakes and mushy peas. I worry if I spread my calories out throughout the day that once I have a little to eat, I wont stop like the cookie monster haha. So just had a lemon tea this morning and had 2000mls of water so far. I have also gone and done this weeks food shopping at lunch time and very impressed that I didn’t start eating all the food off the shelves lol.

Brads27 – Thank you for the support and hi. Again, its nice to hear that the stone before Christmas is doable.

Pseudonym – Hi! Hope your day is going well 🙂

I feel the support on here is going to be amazing.

Katie x

Katie..
    We weigh in Friday morning, although I am about at goal a few holidays recently has put me back up a bit..trying to fight back but on a plateau at the moment …hubby is unwell so although he is fasting but he’s not mobile so is struggling a bit..

Make sure you make a note of your weekly weight, I did measure bust, waist, hips and tops of legs once a month and made a note of that to….it’s amazing to see the fat fall off..

Pseu..
    Are you sending it back if the hoodie is too big??…don’t drown your new shape..

Dave…
    We are OK at the minute my coffee has filled me….a couple of hours to eat…I don’t mind needles too ..

Keep strong everyone ..

Jean x

Do you guys share your weigh in results on here, elsewhere or not at all? How much have you lost in total if you don’t mind me asking? and over what period of time?

That’s a great tip about measuring myself once a month to see non scale results also. I’m going to record my weight on my Fitbit app as that has all my targets in but I’ll have to see if I can record other measurements, it’d be handy all in one place.

Katie x

Katie..
    I keep our famous weight loss book it can go back decades lol….although it’s showing a good weight for us now……and my Fitbit …don’t forget to log your progress on here, top right hand corner on this page..FAST DIET TRACKER. I log first thing Friday morning, nude, after toilet..not a pretty sight but getting much better.

We did the 5.2 about 5 years ago to loose weight to go on a cruise….we both lost 32 lbs over 7 months, kept it off for a year, slowly stopped fasting Steve had two partial knees, stopped walking changed to old eating habits put it all back on 😬

We have been on this thread nearly three years when we restarted again, I got the 30 pounds off again but with holidays slipped back a bit…I am running at 25 lbs off and can’t seem to move it, I am fighting my body to get it off…we have a lot of caravan breaks and visit my daughter abroad, they get in the way a bit…hubby not well so he’s trailing behind me but he joins me in the fasting…it’s a way of life now for us

MFP app links to Fitbit app to count calories helps at the beginning it gives you a good idea of portion size…you may already use it..

If you want to track what we did at the beginning..go to SOUL, PERSONEL STORIES, THEN, ‘first week in..very pleased’……it will give you an idea what to expect at the beginning..

Keep strong first day soon be finishing..

Sorry I went off on one..normally people tell you if they have gained a pound or lost or stayed the same..
    There’s hedgehog and Hemmy at goal, a few oldies of this site me, Kay and Minols been at goal and slipped back a bit..still trying just a few pounds a drift…

Jean x

Urgh, dropped my car in the garage this morning (not for the battery issue, a load of other more vital issues), and now it’s home time but it won’t be ready for another hour. 🙁 At least it’s an hour less to be trying to avoid the fridge I suppose.

I don’t log my weight or weigh at all, I just go by how my clothes fit. I seem to be stuck at the moment, about a stone heavier than I want to be, it’s driving me nuts and won’t seem to shift.

I’ve just updated my details on here so will keep a log on here also.

wow, 32lb over 7 months is really impressive. I will take a look at all the stories, I’m sure it will be a massive help to me and really good to find out about how you all did in the beginning.

Is it bad that the thought of food tomorrow is currently getting me through haha.

No that’s ok, it’s really good to hear peoples stories and to get any advice any possible. Hopefully one day I can join you all at goal weight 🙂

I did wonder about not weighing myself and trying to go on clothes fit and maybe doing photos to look back on as I suffer really badly with bloating so sometimes my weight can go up depending on my stomach that morning and if its a bad day on a Friday morning, I don’t want that to deter me at all if its a bloating gain but I will see how I get on, I need to see those scale numbers go down as I’m at my heaviest I’ve ever been.

Katie x

Katie..
    Have you weighed in before you started?

Jean x

Pseu..
    We will get there no problem…

I must admit we used to swim twice a week when loosing each week first time round…..I suppose that’s the answer to what we were talking about he other day…..I never see swimming as excerise but I suppose it is..30 lengths twice a week..

Good luck on your car..

Jean x

Katie I have a long way to go,since I started on here which was about the 30/12/17 up to now I have lost two stone,so moving in the right direction, don’t think I will ever get to a weight that doctors would say I should be,but will be happy to get to a weight that u feel comfortable with.

Swimming is definitely exercise!

Got the car back (£130, ouch) but now it’s the worst time to brave the M4 so I’m just going to kill some time online in the office. If I leave now I’ll likely get home about the same time as if I leave in half an hour.

I’m not hungry today, though I did have two cups of coffee. Keeping it to one would prob be better because the cream adds up. If I stay busy this evening I don’t think this FD should be too much of a struggle.

Very hungry now so may eat around 6ish.The worst time for me is after having a meal.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,151 through 19,200 (of 35,466 total)

You must be logged in to reply.