Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,941 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 15 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,101 through 19,150 (of 35,428 total)

• Ha ha!

Jean- ouch from me too. Were you brave?! I fell over today too, caught my leg on the Xena- proof netting after picking beans, I’ll have a bruise on my hip!
    Dave- glad the nurse approved of 5:2! Why is hospital parking so bad…
    Pseudo- I can pick on cream cheese too, & especially mascarapone if there’s any open…I never minded doing Friday nights FD, I’d do a courgetti version of a pasta sauce, or a stir fry, so still the sort of stuff we’d have on a Friday…
    Cakey- I didn’t see your post either- hope you’ve had a good week & what cake is it you’re doing?
    Xena’s been to play with a neighbours dog- the fat one- such a difference in a week! She was straight down to playing, no hiding, & taller than Gwinnie too!
    Not as hungry as Monday thankfully, but have a headache, keep forgetting to have any salt.

Front of legs…😂…you made me laugh..

X

Hedgehog..

I was very brave…..no movement or comment from Steve!…he heard me washing the floor so he didn’t bother…I made him feel guilty when I showed him later, stirred the guilt up a bit 😂 as the blood had run down my ankles and dried…lol

Hope you are ok later too..a falling down day for us both..

Xena is getting very good falling in with her new friends, she will be getting brave…..Cakey is making a sponge silver wedding cake for her sister…the post didn’t arrive on here…

Jean x

Hello can you see me know in the thread?

How strange although I think that’s happened to me before. It’s usually the other way round, every so often I don’t get email confirmations but can see posts from people in the thread then I find for some reason my email has sent them all to junk.

Hope the falling down people are all ok. Too much gin? Or not enough?

CW

Can see you now CW!

Cakey- silver wedding cake, lovely! We sneaked away for a couple of days for ours, no party! What are you going to do?
    Pseudo- is it tomorrow you have your haircut? Is it you who hates having it cut?

Yes it is and yes it is. 🙂

Cakey…
    Definitely more of the red 😂
    Xx

Morning all! Quick post as keeping puppy out the way while son has breakfast…
    Jean- you & Steve stay strong if you’re fasting…
    Dave- when are you next giving it a go?
    Pseudo- hope there’s not too much work stress & hope the haircut’s okay.
    Minols- how’s it going making a note of all the food?
    Cakey- have a good day!
    Anyone else….where’ve Kay & Hemmy gone?
    Shopping today, nothing else planned, oh maybe puppy amusing, she really wants to be able to go out now!

Good morning

Hh it’s my sisters silver wedding that I’m baking for. They are having a party on Saturday night. Hope you have a fun day with your baby girl.

Had a Damascene moment last night, I need to get back into fasting and my clothes to feel better. I looked back over MFP and it’s 3 years since I was at my lowest weight, since then it’s gradually crept back on. Although I’m the same as I was this time last year so although it’s been up and down during the year I’m clinging on to the positive that it hasn’t gone up. Today I hope, I turn that corner.

Having a bit of a ‘need a purpose’ week. Never really come to terms with the empty nest. Always mad busy R work – too busy to stop and enjoy life I feel. I lurch from Monday to desperately get through to Friday, catch up on jobs over the weekend then repeat repeat.

Sorry, feeling very reflective this morning.

CW

Morning all.

CW, I do that too, live for the weekends, and they get taken up and before I know it it’s Monday again, though I’m not as busy as you. Can you cut down the hours or the travelling so you have more free time?

Swansea had a pretty epic mist this morning. I love mist, it makes the mundane look mysterious. The mountains sticking out of the top were looking particularly majestic. 😀

Not sure if fasting today or tomorrow. Will be getting home a bit later today, so will keep it today if I can.

Any other fasters today?

Morning everyone I am off to doctors in 30 minutes, will see if I can get something to replace naproxen and also get the doctor to sign my insurance claim letters,wonder how much that will cost.Starting my fast days on Monday and will get weighed on the 30th of September,then I will next get weighed on the 30th of November.

Morning All.

Bright day here….waiting in for a parcel, today or tomorrow …a good excuse to keep Steve resting…

A FD for us….changing food around hoping it alters some weight..veg soup for this evening hope it’s enough, might have one slice of toast with it…

Steve had a bad night up most of it couldn’t get comfy..

Hedgehog..
    Up early as usual, Zena still asleep….how’s your hip today?…I have bruised knees but the gashes near my ankles are very bruised and sore…they don’t look very pretty too…lol

Saw Maxi on face time..he looks so proud and elegant, sat very alert….he’s not doing his disappearing act as much…no fences anywhere so it’s quite difficult..

Pseu..
    I like mist too, a lovely eerie look….hope the haircut not too stressful…we are with you today…

Dave…
    Hope you get your claims signed without too much hassle…and not too expensive..

Cakey…
    It’s a very unsettling time when the nest is empty takes time to come to terms with it…..it’s time for you and hubby it needs working at….mums are always busy with children were the men usually get on with their own things and hobbies ( not all are the same I know)..all of a sudden you have a life together again…

My weight is the same as you, about what it was last year just a few pounds up but stable…it will soon be three years birthday on this thread…I did 5.2 two years before had a year off and all the weight crept back on and we started again..at least it is keeping off this time…still chasing 7 lbs overall my push for next year, my body just won’t part with it…😂

Live time balance seems to be bantered about these days…companies take their all from you…maybe time to reflect is needed..

Let’s hold hands next year and move the remaining weight…it will be a long line..lol..Kay and Minols too, the oldies who have been there and lost the plot a bit…HH is there at the line with Hemmy…..Pseu and Dave are still on the push..

Have a good day all…

Jean x

Sadly I think I’ll always be on the push, don’t think I’ll ever be entirely happy.

Pseu…be positive you will get to were you are happy…I know you will 😀

Xx

I think the only way to shift anything (for me) seems to be to exercise more, but I’m not going to have much time for that. Though I do still really want to get a second hand treadmill.

Pseu…
    My thoughts are out on that one..excerise…I think it’s all down to food…I think excerise would tone you so that would help and help you being healthy.

I think once you start excerise you have to continue …or you go flabby…

My neighbour opposite me the full family run quite a few marathons a year, lots of training each week..she must be at least 2 stone too heavy..the other 3 well above normal weight, only the lad is slim..

A neighbour at the back of me walks her dog 3 x 1 hour walks every day, she must be 5 stone over weight..

I would really like someone to prove to me excerise really works…..I have been to the gym and I have done walking….I know it’s healthy and we should be doing some…I am just not sure for weight loss…

Only my thoughts.

Jean x

I think it’s both. You can’t exercise a lot and eat rubbish and expect to be slim, but I’m not sure about eating great and never exercising either. I do think food has more of a role, but I don’t think exercise can be entirely discounted… it was easier to stop weight creeping on when I was going to the gym, but of course I was watching what I was eating too.

It’s boiling here!

Pseu..
    I can see where you are coming from…if you eat healthy you are keen on excerise…if do excerise you eat healthy..catch 22..

Xx

Went to doctors,told her I feel breathless sometimes,she said I should have had blood test and blood sugar done,so got to go in a fortnight to have it done.She put me on co codanol,I said they make me constipated so she gave me a lower dose,I had to leave my insurance forms,she said they don’t do forms in surgery hours.She also said she is writing to my consultant,she said six months is too long until my check up.

Hi all
    Still around and about but not really hhoked into 5:2 this week if I’m honest. Nothing seems to be shifting my weight right now. I have blood tests in a couple of weeks and hoping that shows if there is something stopping it from shifting at all. This week I’ve been fairly restrained overall, so maybe I’ll see a benefit at the end of the month as a good week does take a while to feed through. But I’m even contemplating ditching some of last year’s cute pinafore an being a size bigger! Grrr!

Mx

I always seem to be the same size, my jeans are either tight or loose but always the same. Maybe it helps that they are slightly stretchy.

Minols…
    We have been quite good this week hoping a show for tomorrow…it gets really disheartening ..bad news going up a size…a few of us who have to make more of an effort……definetly in the New Year..

Dave…
    The doctors seem to be looking after you…

Pseu..
    Stretchy jeans is the way to go…a bit more movement….lol

Getting hungry….hope the soup is filling……

Jean x

After my weight in I will use it has a starting platform and wait until the end of October for my next weigh in and see how I do,just getting weighed once a month.

I think once a month is definitely a good idea, I should start doing that. (I probably won’t though!)

Today will be my last FD. Using the last of my chicken stock for dinner… hope it’s still okay… if it’s not I might be, er, losing more than planned. 😀

How’s your soup Jean?

HH, you’re quiet?

CW, still feeling pensive?

Dave…
    I wish I could do once a month weigh in…but I can’t wait that long…..

Pseu..
    Soup went down quite well, we did have a slice of toasted bread cubed into croutons…if you boiled your stock up it would be fine..

Jean x

Argh I did a post & then lost the whole thing! Been busy with the puppy today, she’s been lovely until the last hour! Dave-your GP sounds sensible now you’ve finally been able to see her!
    Jean- your wounds sound painful! Poor Steve- does he have to get up in the night? Nice to have face time with your walking buddy! Hope the soup was good..
    Minols- at least you’re keeping low if fasting’s not going well for you.
    Pseudo- I don’t think I’ll ever be happy with my weight either! This time last year I didn’t think I’d get down to this weight, but I still look in the mirror & think I could do with losing another stone- hubby wouldn’t like it though!
    Cakey- big birthday approaching makes you reflective, plus both the girls being independent…is there any way you could cut down the travelling, it sounds a nightmare?
    Home-start rang today about a new family, I meet them next week, but it doesn’t sound as if the mum is uite ready to accept help, so we’ll see…
    Made a sort of paddling pool for Xena today, she loved it & played hide & seek too to keep her occupied!

Hi Hedgehog…
    We have missed you today your little beauty is keeping you busy…a paddling pool out that’s a different thing, hope she was warm enough..

Steve is up 4 or 5 times a night sometimes down stairs for 30 mins or so…he shuffles about a lot in bed and can’t get comfy, keeping me awake sometimes..although I do sleep through too…hoping the news is good on Wednesday and can get some answers…

Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow…Steves non movement doesn’t help him, and tablets blocking him up too…

Night night..

Jean x

Jean it’s very simple,just don’t get on the scales for a month.

Hm, today’s FD has been shockingly easy. Was hungry first thing but been fine since, didn’t even really need my stock.

Since doing keto washing dishes is even more of a chore than it was before. Getting grease off things is practically impossible. I really want a dishwasher.

Morning all!
    Jean- I slept downstairs in a recliner most of the time before I had my neck op, couldn’t sleep laying down, have you got one Steve might be comfier in? I do feel for him. Xena wasn’t cold with the water, it wasn’t deep & yesterday was really warm here!
    Dave- I can only not weigh for a month if I know I’ve put weight on, I didn’t get on the scales for nearly a year before 5:2, I was in denial!! Hopefully you’ll have lost some with the awful hospital food!
    Pseudo- glad you had an easy FD! Are you eating normally over the weekend? At least when you fast that’s a few days of the week with minimal washing up!!
    I think it’s the MacMillan coffee morning today? A new café is doing one, they do lots for the community, so would like to support it, but I won’t be able to resist a cake I think!

Morning all!

I normally eat quite a bit on the weekends, I’m not sure if I’m going walking tomorrow though, in which case I likely won’t be eating much. I think I might try cheesy cauliflower breadsticks tonight, saw a recipe that looks yum.

Yup, I think it is MacMillan today, everyone on my WhatsApp group was posting photos of the cakes they’d made last night.

Any fasters today?

Morning All..
    A lovely sunny day here…

Our caravan friends asked us to meet up in Filey but waiting in for a parcel I have been chasing…unless it comes early it would be a No..still Steve wouldn’t keep up with them, they like a good walk, I feel we restrict them.

These friends have a holiday house in Helmsley, on the TV a decomposed body has been found, it’s is next door to them..they have been giving tea out to police/ reporters…keeping them busy..

Weigh in today, it has been kind to Steve 2 lbs off, I am very pleased….disappointment for me 1lb on….really it’s not a full pound but taken me in the next bracket…we have tried hard this week as Steve said…’it’s quite easy really’…as I hit him with a newspaper…lol

Dave..
    I just couldn’t do a monthly weigh in…I like to keep an eye on things maybe one day..

Hedgehog..
    We had a recliner when he had his knees done from eBay just had it a couple of months and got rid…he was up again last night, seems to settle about 5 till 8, probably shattered…

I bet she loved the water it’s all new and different..love it for babies or puppy’s to see the new excitement……enjoy your coffee morning, not heard anything around here..I know daughter is doing one at school for the staff, they do it every year..

Pseu..
    Glad you had a good FD….why do you have so many greasy pots on keto?….is it the way you prepare things….I do like FD’s with not much cooking and pots to wash 😂..hope you get out for your walk this weekend….

Jean x

Because most of your calories come from fat, so I’m using a lot of butter. ghee, oil etc to cook with, but it then leaves a residue on everything that I just can’t seem to get rid of. Even using boiling water from the kettle and loads of washing up liquid I’m often left with a film.

Hi all

Jean – i’d have hit Steve with more than a newspaper!

Pseu – we have a wee dishwasher but it’s a pain to have to rinse, load and unload say never use it! However, I would recommend a dog… The old boy de-greases EVERYTHING for us before washing! Used to think it was disgusting when OH start putting down dishes, plates etc but I’ve never had a blocked drain and we’ve never been sick so I guess we must be washing up well enough after the dog’s had his turn!

Beautiful day here – colours gorgeous. Makes it easy to prep for a week of harvest services/assemblies.

Mx

Minols, I’ll take your dishwasher off your hands. 😉
    I used to work in a cafe with a big industrial dishwasher and the gunk that would accumulate in the bottom of that… *shudder*

Minols…
    Just love September, the chilly starts and beautiful days…the glorious colours….September is our time for the Highlands but not this year, I think this is the second year we have missed it…on the cards for next. 🤞

We have friends in Airdrie who we try and catchup with a meal…

Jean x

Nice day here again but frost is forecast for tomorrow morning, Going shopping soon then I will take Heidi out for a walk,I think I will need to wrap up more this winter now I am in blood thinners, bought a trapper hat which is very warm,not used it yet but tried it on.May be tempted to buy a big bar of chocolate before I get weighed on Sunday,can’t remember what I weighed last time I have reset my phone which had all the details so it will be a new start.

Jean- shame you can’t meet your friends- I know someone who’s just moved to Helmsley, lots of work to do on their new place, maybe the builders found a body! Well done to Steve losing some, it’s obviously morphed onto you!
    Pseudo- all my baking trays seem to be greasy, can’t get it off. Hope the cauli breadsticks are nice! Do you like kale? I’m back to eating that now it’s chillier.
    Minols- Xena loves clambering about on the dishwasher tray licking the plates before they’re washed, just like Josie did as a puppy. Hubby would be horrified if I let her lick them properly before they go in. Hope all the Harvest service planning goes well, I love this time of year!
    Dave- what size are the big chocolate bars you’ve treated yourself to? Just bought an 840g one for son’s girlfriend, her birthday’s soon.
    We carried Xena round to my parents to put their post away- they get so much while they’re away you literally can’t get in the door unless you move it every couple of days! It was good timing as we met the postie, lots of adoring people, & a cat Josie used to get on well with, so they said hello! We also gave Xena some ice cubes to play with, just trying to keep her occupied as the curtains & walls have been attractive today!

I’m waiting for a courier to pick up a parcel. Hate being held captive waiting when I need to get out and go to the post office.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried kale. What do you make with it?

Up date on my legs…

There’s my really good 3” gash and a lovely bruise, bruises in a line 2” by 16” from ankle to under knee, knee bruised, then above my knee a good 4” circle bruise…I have a them matching on both legs…..trousers will be on for a while..

Very very ouchy…

Parcel still not arrived…😬

Xx

Jean so long has your back legs are ok😁😁😁
    Choky bars were the biggest they had😋😋😋
    Bought dark chocolate,I am the only one who likes it 😎😎😎.

Bah laptop has packed up, will try resetting it.

Dave..
    Always good buying something nobody likes…you don’t have to share it 😂
    X

Yes my son buys white chocolate for that very reason.Laptop back up and running.Chicken stir fry tonight,not sure how many calories that works out at,hope its fairly low because i enjoy it.

Evening!
    Dave- enjoy the chocolate! I bought a low sugar one for keto but my son tried it & loves it too 🙁 I’m sure as long as there’s not too much oil a chicken stir fry would be okay?
    Jean- sounds very ouchy indeed! Poor you 🙁
    Pseudo- I roast the kale with a little oil & salt, it goes crispy & takes ages to eat so it fills you up! Otherwise I have a deliciously Ella recipe for it as a salad with tahini dressing & avocado, that’s lovely. It’s nice with a creamy cheesey sauce too. Hope you managed to get to the post office.
    Had quite an afternoon keeping Xena out of mischief; just like when the boys were little, I’d find something to occupy them, 10 mins later it’d have to be something else… Yesterday she learnt high five, today we’re working on turn around, she is so quick to pick stuff up! (unfortunately also the dirty washing is picked up quickly too- she grabbed stuff from in front of the machine & ran round with smelly socks!)

Gosh I love Friday evenings

Youngest and her boyfriend on their way, joint of ham resting on the side, she said they won’t want food, but so often they say that and then say they are starving when they get here. At least I can always use something like that for soup or sandwiches if they don’t. Maybe I’m a feeder.

Builders came today to give me a price to fix the whole in the wall – did I mention I had a hole in the wall. Apologies if I’m repeating myself, it’s my age.

Cakes all baked and crumb coated but I like to let them settle before icing otherwise they bulge around the middle. Wish that worked for my middle.

Looking forward to party tomorrow, even got a new frock. It’s just off the shoulder with a pencil skirt. Can’t temember the name of the style, very Marilyn Monroeish; I’m working on the basis if I can’t reduce the curves I’ll accentuate them.

Pseu I had a dishwasher for years and it only got used at Christmas. H is the potwasher and he refused to use it. Then it broke and we didn’t bother replacing for a year. When we finally got a new one we decided to use it and it goes on every other day. It does make things sparkle. Mad really, when the girls were at home we didn’t use it and now there’s only two of us.

Got weeks hols in October, looking at a cottage in the Cotswolds.

Right got to go before they all arrive. Excited

CW

Evening All…

My parcel arrived at 6 pm tonight…so excited and apprehensive..

I have been writing my Family’s Social History and Family Tree for 8 years ( some of you may know)….I have had 6 printed one for myself and 5 for my grandchildren……it’s turned out really lovely I am so pleased with the finished book….I can’t believe I have actually wrote a book…….my publisher ( sounds good doesn’t it) helped me with a couple of things and suggested an idea to my front cover…I have found three mistakes but my daughter who did lots of books for Emirates Airline told me, you never ever get them perfect so expect it…

It’s good enough to hit the library but it’s only for the family…

Hedgehog..
    You are having great fun with Zena she is so playful..

Cakey…
    Have a lovely family weekend hoping they help you to eat some food…enjoy your party in your new dress it sounds quite sexy…and everyone enjoys your cake…..hole in wall, you will have to explain that one..lol

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 19,101 through 19,150 (of 35,428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.