Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,972 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 11 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,851 through 1,900 (of 35,459 total)

• Audrey, you have my sympathy! I don’t have a proper phone, did think about it but have had enough trouble with this laptop! Hope you have a good time with your mum. x

Oh dear Hemmy…….did a full scale roast dinner. Did too many roast pots, accidental or deliberate? Must have eaten 5 or 6 (OK 6!). Oh wow, oh yum. Gravy to die for….Neil had a huge amount and then said ‘wow, like Christmas, we just need Christmas pudding’. Not a lot wrong with him. Friday night I suspect was indigestion after too much curry. I have a sinking feeling, FD today, weigh in tomorrow. Arghh.

My fingers are firmly crossed for your 11 stone! Maybe even 10 st 13 lbs!! x

Newby, wow you are well into this. Yippee.

Celtic, hoping you and Stu are doing ok.

Slg, this is the way forward! Hope the weather is nicer your way. It’s dull, dull, dull here but still mild.

Daughter is loving Turin thank heavens.

Time to boil my eggs. will check back in as internet seems to be ok for now.

B x

Hi all

Just caught up on all the posts.. well done Beverley and Audrey on your losses. Sorry to anyone else who has lost and I’ve missed it x

Celtic..hope Stu is doing OK. How are you getting on with fish ?

Audrey..hope you have a good time at your mum’s and get your phone sorted soon x

Hemmy..hope the roof is good now. Know what you mean about not being able to sleep until household safely tucked in. The worry about children never stops..it just changes! Hope you have dropped that elusive 1lb at tomorrow’s weigh in 🙂

Newby..so sorry about the tough times you have had. Life is such a ride..not always easy.

Ginette..how are you doing with the gym? Are you still supporting family or has life settled down a bit?

No loss for me at the weekend weigh in but no surprise there as I was weak willed over the pumpkin pie!!

Think I’m going do do a sausage casserole for tomorrow eve..been thinking about that since someone mentioned it on the forum!

FD for me..hope the day is going well for fellow fasters 🙂 Stay strong x and ‘hi’ to everyone else 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Another fast day done and dusted. How is ever one else doing. Even managed to sorted through a few boxes. We have found a local tai chi class and are going to check it out on Wednesday afternoon. Not sure its going to be my kind of thing (not very flexible or have great balance) but I think it will be great for Stuart and something he will really enjoy.

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Well sooo excited to report that pound loss. Yay yay… now the grand figure of 11st graces my scales.

So thrilled… never thought I would see that again. Thank you 5 2 and all you lovely Brits.

I am finding the longer I am living this WOL it is helping me focus and gain back control of other other aspects of my life. Anyone else feel the difference mentally?

Funny thing is and not purposely …I don’t speak about it to friends. When on diets in the past I would be so enthusiastic and probably bored them rigid. Lol

Thing is… we know it slots in easy with our individual life styles. Oh so wish I had started a year ago. Still all meant to be at the right time.

Audrey .. hope the phone is sorted and you enjoy the time with your Mum.

Bev .. what’s a few roast spuds other than one of life’s yummiest pleasures .. soon put right with a FD. Glad Neil is okay. Xx

Hi Karen.. staying stable is good .. you enjoyed your pies. That is life how it should be. You are so consistent with your loss… we all need abreak now and again. Hope your Mum is keeping well. Xx

Wow Celtic you are on a roll with the boxes. 30 mins a go and they will soon be done and dusted.
    Just looked up tai chi it looks lovely. Good for movement and also stress. Like the sound of it. Xx

Newbs you have really taken to this like a duck to water. It is so very encouraging for others to see… you must be thrilled. Good luck this week.Xx

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Brit lovelies….

Every achievement starts with the decision to try.xx

Yay Hemmy! Well done you! ! Sooo pleased for you. .you deserve that great result and milestone x

I don’t talk about it either. .only if people ask. I’m just quietly plugging away…chipping away at those lbs or kgs and not shouting about it. I think this is because mostly it is normal eating and people don’t notice you’re on a diet as such. This WOL really suits me too..timing is everything!

Enjoy your day 🙂 ☆

Thanks for asking about mum..she’s home but very confused re new routine. We’ll just have to see how it goes.

Karen
    Xx

Morning all,

I have a working phone……. I did a factory reset and that cured the problem so I didn’t have to go to the big shop in burnley. It was absolutely throwing it down yesterday so by the time we did a bit of shopping and got to the hospital we were all soaked through. My mum has been discharged her cataracts operation was a complete success she now can see everything, what a blessing…

I have a very upset tummy today, we were out for lunch yesterday, and I don’t do “proper”food anymore, unfortunately we are out again today too!

HEMMY CONGRATULATIONS! very pleased for you…..

Karen, hope you get mum sorted out soon, I know it’s difficult we went through it with my dad a couple of years ago, stay strong and know we are here to support you if you need us….

I am off now, will try to catch up later after guests have departed……

Stay strong everyone

Audrey

OOOOOH HEMMY XXX Go girl!! Fantastic job and so well deserved.

I am plodding along behind you but I am sts. Bad girl BUT I am thinner! 2″ off my boobs hurrah and 2″ off middle. Biggest jacket now does up properly!

Karen, always love to read your posts. Glad your mum is doing ok. I am sure she will be fine once she gets used to her new domestic arrangements.

Audrey, good you are back with us and your mum has had her cataracts sorted.

Celtic, I always fancied tai chi but never got round to it. I did yoga with the same teacher for 3 years. She was amazing. It’s nice you and Stu can do something together.

Newby, proud of you making headway. You all give this old bird a boost!

I shall be ultra good this week…….B x

p.s. Know what you mean about this not being a diet but a wol. Must admit I have not told anyone.

Not sure whats happening, my last post isnt showing up posted (last night) and havent had anything for several days

Wow Hemmy 11 st thats fab!
    Late start today, not sure what we are going to do. Just been on the phone to my adoptive dad: it will be the year anniversary of my adoptive mothers death this time next month, I was trying to get a feel for how Dad wants the day whether he wants to be on his own or with people. He thinks he rather be alone, so thats good at least we know. I can’t believe my siblings wouldn’t ask him , how do you know what peeple want if you dont ask ?

Hi Friends .. thank you for your kind words… much appreciated. Xx

Today so weird .. a few months ago after a FD it would have been some big treat / meal for lunch.
    Kristy was working from home today and we would have really been naughty…with god knows what. lol Big crusty rolls … afternoon cream cake. All we wanted today was cup a soup and marmite on crisp breads. What a turn up for the books… who would have thought it. Feel so much slimmer … flatter stomached too. Yayyyyyy.

Wine consumption in this cottage has more than half. Way to go. lol

Celtic .. Good on you.. being so thoughtful .. phoning and finding out your Dads wishes. Everyone deals with the anniversaries differently. Like your Dad I would prefer just alone with my memories. Kristy thinks differently and we go for Dinner or afternoon tea . Choosing all Andrews favourites. Bless her.. have to go along with it. Xx

Have a good evening friends..So glad our little corner of the world is doing so well. Xx

Hi All

Well done with the weight loss Hemmy – you are a winner!

Glad you got the phone fixed Audrey – bet you felt pleased to get the problem sussed.

Completely agree that even after a few short weeks, my mental attitude has completely changed. food was such a main issue in my life, in fact much of my life involved thinking about my next meal – I feel ashamed admitting that! I am now more interested in maximising my health!

For some reason, I have been a bit down in the dumps the last couple of days – think the weather is getting to me. When I was working, I didn’t even notice the weather! I have decided that it is harder to retire than I first thought! The initial enthusiasm has dwindled and I am now thinking ‘what’s next?’

Well, granny duties tomorrow so off to bed!

Keep strong all

Xx

Newby have you tried a SAD lightbox ? Ive got one and find it very useful. I havent used it yet this year as I havent unpacked the power adaptor.

Made the fish thing tonight… used two frozen salmo fillets.one f cod fillet, one smoked haddock and some prawns. I poached it withleek,an onion,a clove and bay leaf. Then cooked very slowly in the poaching liquid and a ready made waitrose cheese sauce. We had half of it with chilled and reheated wholwheat pasta. The other half was made into fish pie which we will have tomorrow. Stu really liked it and the cats went beserk. Stu had to drag Boston the 19 year old ginger lad out of his plate! Ive noticed since we started 5:2 we have cut our portion sizes down … with the wholewheat pasta we find that 75g is plenty for two.

Hi All

Just a quick catch up, well done Hemmy!

I’ve not been feeling a 100% lately, really bad nights, I can’t sleep until almost 6am sometimes past this, then I keep waking up and I’m feeling really washed out, also a bit stressed, I’m not sure why. Paul Mckenna is coming to bed with me tonight, I hope he works his magic, off to bed now and hopefully I will get a better night. I just thought that I had better let you know I am still here. I still do my three days a week fast, apart from that nothing much.

See you all soon xx

Ginette, have a look out for clipper sleepy tea in the supermarket. Its got valerian in it and works really well.

Hi friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

What mild weather we are having .. not ungrateful but some sun would be nice with the damp and cloud. We all need that uplift now at this time of year.

Newbs … I feel just the same about food now. At one time my first waking thoughts would be ” what to have for dinner”. Even okay something with Kristy for she left for work. Now I don’t really decide till late afternoon then just what I fancy at the time. If I don’t have the right ingredients will just adapt it. At one time .. I would have walked to the village shop for one thing as it was very important to me.

Sorry you feel a bit down Newbs .. it does take a bit of adjusting after a busy working life. Especially in the Spring you will appreciate the freedom. Always think this time before Xmas is a bit depressing for some reason. Focus on your self for once … sort your clothes.. scarves .. jewellery .. make outfits up. Lol Xx

The longer I do 5 2 I can now see how those pounds accumulated ..where I used to wonder.

Noticing things everyday… this morning just realised my ankles that were always puffy with water are now the slimiest they have been for years. Plus don’t ache at all now.

Celtic ..So glad you and Stu and the cats enjoyed the fish. Lol Enjoy the fish pie today. Xx

Hi Ginette lovely to see you X

Sorry you are feeling a bit under par. You are a “Giver” in this life. Lots of enthusiasm and encouragement to others.

Sometimes we take on others troubles .. problems then one day we find ourselves drained and tired.

I can relate to your stress and sleeplessness. Only just started to have a decent night.

Of late .. I feel so much better in control with less stress. Nothing really has changed in my life but I now write 4 things on a post it … phone calls .. clean something,, paper work. wash hair… put it on my dressing table mirror and its out of my head… safe to be done. I then get such pleasure crossing them off. Really works .. takes a burden from you. What doesn’t get done is top of tomorrows list.

Take care Ginette mind you Paul McKenna in bed sounds more interesting. Lolol.XX

Have a good day Brit lovelies …

Never let a stumble in the road be the end of the journey. Xx

Morning all,

I am fasting today, we have eaten out the past 2 days and I feel very bloated, so am looking forward to a fast today. I don’t know how mum is going to manage she has already offered me toast and asked what’s for lunch ch and it’s only 7. 30 a.m.! HeheHe. ….

Celtic, perhaps just give your dad a quick call on the anniversary, I know on my dad’s anniversary I stayed with mum and the rest of the family just rang up, but mum is very frail and as you know I am often here during the year, whilst my dad was ill I spend 5 days here and 3 at home for months. ….it was exhausting. …

Newby, you are doing wonderfully well on this wol have taken to it like a duck to water, if you are getting a bit bored could you volunteer somewhere, to give you something to do?

Beverley, you are doing fabulously well also, keep plodding along girl, it works!

Ginette, great to hear from you, if you need me for anything you know how to contact me…keep in touch my friend.

HEMMY glad you have cut the wine down, you too are doing fab.

Milena are you o.k.? I am missing your wit and wisdom keep in touch!

Karen hope you are getting mum sorted out my prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Hope I haven’t missed anyone out if I have my apologies…..

Off now to stop mum cooking. ……wish me luck I am going to need it…..

Audrey

Morning all

Ginette, sad to hear you are not too well. Lack of sleep is awful I know. After so long caring for Neil and being up all times took its toll. What does for me is a herbal calm pill. Hope Paul McKenna worked some magic for you. Take care now. B x

Hemmy you are so fired up I can feel the vibes from here!

Audrey, good luck controlling your mum. Funny how mums like feeding their offspring however old they get. lol

Newby, the dark weather and time on your hands are getting to you a little. Audrey said a little charity work which I thought of but already had my hands full as carer to Neil

Celtic, glad you enjoyed the fish, I laughed at the thought of the cats. They must have thought it was their birthday!

I am sending a big virtual hug to all, we deserve it!

B x

Hi everyone, I’m up all night too Ginette, but working, the boys are even keeping me company, we were all up until nearly 4 am – and its 9, they are fast asleep. The posties are mainly used to me in my PhD at midday but I’m sure all the occasional ones think we are all on the dole. EBay finally taking off, but it’s like an old banger, fits and starts, but we are listing like buggery.

The boys don’t have my stamina though, I’ve been working since before 8, still in bed mind.

Newby, I don’t think I can afford to retire, though a huge amount of retirees stand at fairs, supplementing their pension. I think some don’t even do that, but it’s probably a cheaper hobby than golf, and folk sell what interests them. It pays the mortgage and food for us, son even has a table at a fair with us next week, it’s a different game when it’s all our livings, but we scour auctions, fairs and even car boots and charity shops. And hopefully will be all over Europe next year. Might be something for you to consider. I love the research, and have hundreds of books. You may remember I occasionally use Melissa Dream.

I haven’t fasted yet this week. Got up on Monday and just decided not to – was fed biscuits all day yesterday. Hey, sometimes it happens.

Cooking roast chicken today, so a fast tomorrow. Was going to do a sausage casserole as well, did one last week, after reading your post Audrey – but now doing it Friday to eat Saturday, leaving at 4.30am to be in Durham for 7am, doing a Christmas fair, not staying as all hotels are in rip off mode – £95 for premier inn, without breakfast – so driving the 125 miles home, and up and down again on Sunday. Be good to have something ready when we get home. S o just one fast. But will try to do 3 or 4 the following week as it’s Ingliston Fair that weekend, I now see lots of folks only every three months, I like to look thinner each time, and there is a chance bargain hunt will be there. Gawd, telly doesn’t half make me look fat.

Still off the booze, so all is not lost, but hope y’all are having a better week than me!!!

Sorry my post mixed up. The Melissa Dream comment was for you, Ginette!

Hi milena

I used tesco healthy living sausage which are low calorie less than 200 kcals for 2…and very tasty. ……think they may be on offer at the min…..

Have a good week, talk soon

Audrey

Hello my friends

Just a brief lunchtime look in and hoping Ginette you feel a little better. And Newby, fingers crossed you are feeling better too. I think Hemmy is right that this run up to Christmas can be bleak. All the advertising seems to show
    happy ‘normal’ families and so many of us don’t have that.

I am sure, if we stick together, we will all feel so much better. Just a peek at our shrinking tummies must surely gladden the heart! I know it is mine.

Daughter in Turin is loving it. People are really friendly and the food is amazing. Oh I LOVE Italian food. She has been going out running to keep in trim. Endless 34″ inside legs to die for!! However, not many people speak English (or don’t admit to it!)so she is frantically learning Italian. She speaks French and German so I guess she will be ok. She is back weekend after next for her birthday so I expect a boozy weekend!!

I am banking calories already in anticipation.

Audrey, sausage casserole is one of my favourite comfort foods……I feel one coming on!!

Wishing everyone a good day. We should all be proud of ourselves! True fat busting brits! Pat on the back all round.

Hugs Bev x

We stopped celebrating christmas about twelve years or so ago. It is one of the most liberating things we have ever done. You suddenly see all the madness for what it is. We do exchange presents and have a walk and dinner on Winter Solstice (one of the most important days of the year if you live in the dark Northern Hemisphere). Personally I think that Christmas puts people under so much pressure, to be ‘happy’, to have a certain kind of family, and that’s without even mentioning the financial pressure. I think for women its especially tough. Friends no longer bat an eyelid at our alternative arrangements, in fact most say they wish they would do the same. Be daring and free your selves (unless of course you absolutely love Crimbo) .

Dwhen I told our new neighbours we dont celebrate xmas she looked at me like I had got three heads. Apparently the not having a christmas tree is sacrilege. Seeing loads of pine trees cut down then thrown away always makes us both sad. In a way we think of the Holme Oak at the Iron Age hill fort at Warham as our not quite Christmas tree.

bugger that Audrey, its me your talking to! You know, the non-shopper – I NEVER dictate what OH buys, its just causes upset – though when we get M&S vouchers – must be doing something wrong in my buying – only 66 pounds this quarter – I have been known to get over one hundred and fifty quid – all business buying of course – we spend practally all of it on sausages, ciabatta bread and coronation slaw – and owt going cheap at the end of the day.

Actually Aldi sausages are quite nice.

Couldn’t do without Christmas, Celtic, my only day off from October to February – and I usually do some work on that day, amazing how many people buy of ebay on Christmas day! Its my birthday at the Winter Solstice and I love Christmas Carols – the CDs come out when the last post has gone – Carols and Christmas songs. Son STILL brings his stockings onto our bed to unwrap – at 20! – and they are STILL a bane to fill – I knitted one for his first Christmas and boy it takes a lot to fill – and he has two! Usually games and films, I know what you mean about cost – forty quid a throw – but as he never asks for a penny at any time of the year, and there is only one of him, well worth the bill at Amazon!

And Christmas means the Hobbit and LOTR – from beginning to end -extended version – then Harry Potter – then the Bourne and THEN POTC!!! And only then, all the new DVDs – my idea of heaven, with wine and nibbles, pjs and duvets.1

Family, on the other hand, I could do without!!!!!!!!

We’ve only had two Christmas Trees in the 25 years OH and I have been together – first two Christmases – bloody huge trees in the garden now, both of them – after two we decided we didn’t have enough garden to do it every year, so the fake one is on its 24th year, filled with decorations from our travels, and there are lights everywhere – one day I’ll chuck most of the decorations out and keep just the beautiful Georg Jensen christmas decorations – so refined – and so much less so next to the scabby Father Christmas which past cats have dragged around the house every Christmas, after climbing the fully laden tree and pulling it down – gawd I do miss my cats at Christmas – though their stockings are all kept for the next crew – cos without Christmas there is NO chance of finding a kit under the tree!!!

Hiya fasting buddies

I am pooped from looking after a 7 month grandson today but I enjoyed every minute!

I think you are right Milena in that I need to find a new interest or hobby. I studied pottery many years ago and am tempted to look for some further lessons! OH has is currently unwell which is certainly not making life any easier. Bless him – he can’t help it I know!

Audrey, you sound like you have your hands full! I am holding back on the volunteering for a while as I have just given up running a very busy care business which I think has left me a little drained. I expect I will get involved in something more helpful in the future.i was on call 24/7 for more or less 6 years and the contrast of that to now is a bit drastic!

Starting a counselling course in January – 1 day a week till Easter – can’t wait:)

Fasting is starting to feel like a bit of a lifeline that keeps me focused – strange or what? Day 8 tomorrow.

Good luck fellow fasters.

Xx

We went along to tai chi and I think we have decided that Stu will continue. I found it really difficult…down to the cerebral palsy the combination of complex upper and lower body movements blew all my fuses and I was sound asleep with minutes of getting home. I think I am better of with gym based activities. The fish pie was very good and there’s some for tonight too we will bulk it out with loads of veg. Stu did BP reading at bed time got his lowest ever 129/86 Just as I was wondering could it be the tai chi or the fish? He pipes up with ” well I’ putting that down to the therapeutic effect of a slice of bread pudding after the class”. No wonder a mate of our describes us as Cake Hounds!

Stu looked in his element in the class and I think may well bask in the glory of being the only man.I think I will prob take dogs out while he does that.

Morning all

Celtic, that is fab that Stu has taken to tai chi so well. I wish Neil would try yoga but He would have trouble getting up off the floor! Taking the dogs out sounds nice too.

Oh dear Newby, no wonder you got a bit down going from being so busy but nice you have the grandchild to wear you out. Sounds good you have the course to look forward to in the new year. Should be really interesting. Hope your OH feels better soon. We are currently blessed, Neil is so well now and long may it last.

Milena, you are so busy I feel quite worn out reading all. Always look forward to hearing from you.

Hemmy, how are things this a.m. and Audrey, did you get on ok with FD.

Nearly forgot I am FD today.

Still have not got out of the house except to supermarket and not driven the car either. I don’t know what scares me.

Bev x

Morning all,

My mum just cannot cope with me fasting, she tried several times to make me eat, when the evening meal came along she came in with chicken wrapped in bacon, sausage, stuffing ball, boiled potatoes, carrotts Yorkshire pudding and gravy!……needless to say it wasn’t much of a fast day then she couldn’t understand why I couldn’t have any pudding. …..

Hey ho I will fast next week. …..hope you are all doing better than me….

Audrey

Good evening friends hope all is well with you. x

A very busy day here … Boiler man fitting a part…. Lady Loss adjuster for the roof at 8.30am. Supposed to have come Tues. Am.

Lovely Indian lady from Birmingham. Had a wisdom tooth removed and in pain so loaded up with painkillers.

So nice a pleasure. Okayed the bill with local company no probs. So boiler done plus roof.. hopefully a few quiet weeks for this old bird. Lolol

A nice thought today from my lovely friend and neighbour. It is my Birthday on Christmas Eve so she has booked a day in London on the 7th Dec as a surprise. Not sure what … exciting. She just said glad rags on. Lol

Have been so good the last few days .. not at all hungry. Please may it continue. Lol

Audrey .. I just love the sound of your Mum. That’s a REAL mum for you. I can just taste that chicken .. bacon and stuffing. Yummy.

As we would say in Oxfordshire “It wont hurt you my duck”. lolol Xx

Hi Bevvvy

How is that course going. You have to take the going out baby steps at a time.
    You are are so funny … quick …love you here .. please give a few more steps a whirl if you are able… just for you. Xx

Hi Milena

Just adore your colourful posts. You really do keep us on our toes. Bet your boys just love you. Xx

Celtic. Everyone should “DO” Christmas as they wish and want. I just love it here cant be enough tartan bows down my stairs with local cut greenery gathered on the walk. Mince pies galore… pressies … I just adore it all.

We are all different here on this thread but all sisters .. that’s what makes us a good mix. I love listening to others point of view and what makes them happy. Xx

Hi Newbs You will soon get into the swing of being at leisure and wonder how you fitted things in time wise. You have obviously led a very busy life and it may take a while to settle into a new phase . You deserve this time though.. make it for you. Xx

Hi Ginette hope you are well. Look in if you can. We so enjoy your company. Hope Paul has improved your sleep. Xx

FD tomorrow I think …

Take care all Brit lovelies. Xx

Woke up at about 06:00, first of all Stu forgot it was a FD and then I just got hungrier and hungrier, so we decided to switch FD to Saturday. I thought this way I can hopefully aviod failure.

Hi you all made me think of my Christmases, I have told you about my married ones, I hated Christmas when I was young – my mum left us and then came back six months later, on my 7th birthday, and took the three kids she had left to Newcastle, I remember that Christmas for all the wrong reasons, never had a good one since, never saw my Dad again – he sent presents until I was nine, she then told him to stop and told me he didn’t want anything else to do with me – only found out the truth when he died – HATED Christmases when I was young – the half sisters got all the best presents, nothing was wrapped, no stockings, no pies and wine for santa -and my mum and stepfather always ended up rowing – honestly my life would make one of those sad books – not at all -when I grew up I lived away from my family and dutifully went home at Christmas – except most years I was too ill – never lied, could make myself ill to stay away. I would then buy goodies from M&S, shut the door and spend a week in the house by myself with my two cats – watched telly and read – heaven.

So even though we all have our own idea of Christmas, even we change, my son has his stockings and I wrap everything, can’t remember a Christmas with a cross word with my boys – though I still get the goodies and the films!!!

Oh Milena .. what Christmases for a small child to endure… I could cry for you.
    But I sense the Milena of today has been made into a lovely fun loving witty .. caring person. Helped by your “boys “you sound very much like you have “come home”

What ever thread you go on Milena.. everyone…. we Brits adore you.. Xx

Hemmy

I’m so touched – must say I’ve come out of it very well, probably slightly mad and I count my blessings – much much worse in the world and there were and still are some wonderful people in my family. One of my brother’s suffered far worse than me.

Its taught me there are many shades of good and many shades of bad in the world, so my mantra is God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference – and the imagination to think up a good revenge!

Hi Celtic – I woke up Monday and forgot it was an FD, its nearly Friday and I haven’t done one yet!!! Tomorrow is that day, I hope! Good luck with yours!!!

Morning all

I am so happy at 12st 8 lbs this a.m.just 3 lbs away from stone number 1. May sound like still a lot but I can get away with murder now at 5 ft 7″. The top of my bmi is 11st 5 lbs although I obviously Am thinking of 10st 9 lbs as I was for ages. I like me at 10 st but Neil doesn’t as I lose my bottom! I am making Friday weigh in day as think this may stop the weekend wine habit. I hate to spoil a good thing.

Oh dear Milena that is so sad and have to admit my Christmas experiences were not a bundle of fun either. That’s why I always wanted to make it nice for my children. My mother had mental issues and did not want a 2nd child (me). I had a very different life to my older sister.

All I can say Hemmy with every pound that goes I am feeling more confident and getting out and about will happen I am sure.

I hope we all have a good day fasting or not. Thinking of everyone.

Bev x

Ohhhh well done Bev you are doing brilliantly. Yes, taller people can look at least a size smaller.
    Keep going now you have achieved so much in a short time. If we aim to go a bit lower we will always have that bit of leeway I reckon. Xx

Well friends.. really have to do a FD today or sort of. ( shopping day with Mum )

I realise now in black and white I go to the wine when stressed. Had a bad lapse last night … wine plus Port. Not excusing myself but I have got very stressed this week .. The roof thing .. being a woman alone always wiry of getting ripped off. Anyway .. trying hard now to give up wine till Xmas Eve. Lol

Only good thing was it didn’t give me the munchies at all… so just wine with all that sugar was the damage. Onwards and downwards. Today is another day and all that jazz. Lolol

Hope today is a good one for everyone… whatever you are doing.

Brit Lovelies…

Eat what you have always eaten and you will weigh what you have always weighed. Xx
    PS I Should apply this rule to wine also. Lol

Morning all,

I have survived my visit to mums and as long as abigail stops blowing, will be home tonight……

I feel like a stuffed pig…had FAR to much to eat and drink but had a lovely visit. Mum has decided I don’t need to call again till Christmas yippee so I am free now until boxing day then staying till new year!

Milena, my friend, what a dreadful childhood it’s a wonder you survived to become the person you are today… in spite of your circumstances how strong are you?

I will weigh in tomorrow morning and let you all know how much damage has been done, by the port, chocolates and mummy food….

Have a great day everybody

Audrey

Hi fasting buddies

Milena, read your post and wanted to give you a big hug. What is it they say – what doesn’t break us makes us strong ! I bet you are a fantastic Mum and you are clearly a strong and fun person.

As a family, we try to leave the trappings of Christmas behind and focus on sharing time together, the gifts are very much a side issue. The last two christmasses, after the death of my father, have been a little different as he was always the life and sole of the party; so we take a little time to remember himx

Beverly – well done on the weightloss. I got off to a really good start and despite my 2 fast days, my weight hasn’t moved this week. OH not well so not done as much walking – he has a chest infection which is pulling him down. Antibiotics started yesterday should help.

i am determined to stick with it and will do 6 weeks of 4:3 after Christmas. Having my fasting buddies is such a support – thanks to you all.

Hemmy, I love your cheery posts and you sound so normal. I keep thinking – if Hemmy can do it, so can I.

Audrey, you sound relieved to be getting back home to your routine. My mother makes the most amazing lemon meringue pie and it has taken me ages to get through to her kindly that I don’t want that type of food anymore! Pastry is just a nightmare for me.

Yesterday I went to a ‘taster’ session (no not food) at the u3a for the creative writing group! Thought it may be good to stretch the brain! I came back hoarse as they were all very sweet, very deaf and very old! The plate of fig rolls, garibaldes and flapjacks placed in the centre of the room, grinned at me enticingly while everyone was reading their bit! (No I didn’t!) It was however, very entertaining, with some brilliant writers in the midst! Not sure though whether I quite fit in though – being of their children’s generation:( and never having done creative writing before!

Gone on and on today- sorry!

Have a great day fasting buddies.

X

Hi Beverley

different roads, same outcome – my mum loved babies – I don’t think she liked them older though, she had eleven – two I haven’t met, one brought up by my Gran, one by my Dad and the rest of us got the short straw! lol!!!

Happy to take the hugs but there are folks with much much worse, only time I was ever hit I was 17 and kicked him where it hurts most, one of my younger sisters got a few black eyes and punched in the face, only stopped when he turned on me – years later she told a friend about this abuse, never seen such uproar – of course the word abuse has much worse connatations – made me laugh – especially when everyone in turn asked me to confirm she was lying, and I could only confirm she was telling the truth!

Interesting insight into family alliances, especially from his three daughters – if you ask them about all our childhoods they would say we all had a fabby time – but then again they got the ponies and we got the horse sh*te – similar, yet so different.

Read a book years ago about forgiveness by television’s Dr Phil – best thing I ever did – not at all fluffy or turn the other cheek sort of stuff – but how to not let the past affect your future except in a positive way – well worth the read if you are hanging onto anything from your past.

Loving the cyber hugs though!!!

ps Audrey, can I come with you next time to your Mum’s – mine couldn’t even cook!

Milena

Mum giggled and said course she can!….

Ian on his way up m6 to get me….should be home by 8 ish…

Audrey

Morning all,

I got home safe despite abigail throwing, hail, sleet, rain and big winds at us!

Have weighed in gained 4lb! Oh dear, thanks mum….

How is everyone and where is everyone? …is my Gmail not updating again?

Cmon fellow brits, this only works if we stick together. …

Audrey

Morning all
    I have just taken my nurses hat off

Well I am just relaxing. What a night and morning. Neil has had diarrhea all night and without going into details too much as not to put you off your food it has been awful. Have been rushing around with buckets and disinfectant. When he had his colon resection(cancer) the lower part that was removed was the ‘holding tank’ as the surgeon put it. When he has to go he has to go. Say no more! Took his temperature for good measure.

To compound things the dog had done two piles of £”$$%% and a large pee in the kitchen. How lucky can a girl get.

Audrey so glad you made it home OK and I know you by now, that 4 lbs will be gone in no time!

I am right off my food due to the above!! May try a fast day as his lordship will not be eating much.

Everyone, thinking of you all.

B x

Hi Audrey lovely to see you back. x Does your Mum know we are all coming for her wonderful food.Lol Must admit it made my mouth water.

Plus we could soon get rid of that 4lbs with FDs … would be worth it. Yay.
    So glad you have left her well .. good for her and a nice feeling for you I am sure.
    Onwards and downwards now Audrey we are all here for you. Xx

Oh Bev just caught your post. What a time you have had. Can you give Neil something to help control it. Bet you are worn out poor thing. Hope it all calms down soon for you … it never rains but it pours. Take care Bev Xx

Where is everyone else… How are you doing …. Lets get a crack on these last few weeks so we can relax at Xmas. Xx

Keep all your past Christmas stories coming. Good and bad… happy … sad. It helps us understand each other and also good to air the past experience’s … helps us put them to rest if need be.

Happy day Brit lovelies ..

Instead of giving ourselves reasons why we cant.. Lets think positively why we can. Xx

Morning Beverley and hemmy!

I did have a good visit with mum, I am back again on boxing day and staying until new year.

Christmas is a difficult time for us as it’s only the 2nd one without dad.

My dad was a wonderful person who loved life and celebrated christmas to the full. He didn’t drink at all, but he was absolutely full to the brim with the christmas spirit so last year as you can imagine was torture for all.

We have decided as a family to do boxing day this year, so I am off to mums to help with the buffet. ..I am taking most of the food so let’s hope we don’t have a white christmas or I will have lots of food and my family very little!

When we were kids christmas day was a magical day, and after we had opened our presents we had to look for the fairy from the top of the tree, who had come alive when santa was in the house and flown about, and then dropped somewhere when he left the house! We still do this to this day with our own grandchildren. …

Enough waffling from me, must be off to do some much needed food shopping, have a great day everybody

Audrey

Hello, please may I join you? (I’ve been recommended from another thread, so you must be quite marvellous over here!)

I have tried 5:2 many times over the past couple of years but always ground to a halt due to feeling so sick and dizzy on fast days, despite being well-hydrated. Anyway, I’ve been back on it for five weeks and am finding that the longer I can go without eating in the morning, the more likely it is that the day will go well. Yesterday was the second of a two day back-to-back fast (not my choice but unavoidable due to my pattern of work changing this week) and I really struggled, but ladies on here helped me hold it together, so I’ve managed to lose another pound this week (it’s generally one or two) and a further inch off my waist (the inches are moving faster than the weight, I find). However I had grim palpitations in the evening, so much so that I was dizzy enough to have to sit for a bit. Apparently palpitations can be caused by low blood sugar: does anyone else find that?

Well, enough rambling. It is pouring down here; I hope it clears up before dog walk.

Hi Blaise, welcome. You are iin the right place. This is the omly thing that has worked for me.

Beverley, hope things have eased up for Neil you both must be feeling retched and exhausted. Take good care you two.

We went to see Dad yesterdayand had a really good visit. Took both dogs with us and gave them a good walk on the beach at Gorleston. Since they built the outer harbour at Gt. Yarmouth Gorleston beach has trebled in size. Dads little chihuahua is loking a lots better for loosing weight.. she had got to 5kg….. my Border Terrier only weighs 5.2!. I took Dad some good quality indtant decaf, (partly because we hsve switched over) I am so glad I did, hes now on blood pressure tablets and drinks nothing but coffee. So ive suggested after 2 or the 3 pm he only drinks decaf, hopefully it will help bring down his bp. He didnt have any idea that it could make sleeping difficult too.

I’ve just put four new holes in my belt and weighed yesterday 13.9 ! So things are heading in the right direction.

Stuart is 15 years older than me and will be 62 in December. Hes switched to the same female GP as me (the chap he liked was omly a registrar and omly there for 6 months). I’ve sarted to get worried that hes developing prostate problems. … lots of trips to the loo and taking for ever. So im going to go with him to gp week after next and make sure he mentions it.

With one thing and another only managed one FD this week. So back to normal Monday and Thursday next week.

Hi blaise and welcome from us brits. …

We are a very friendly bunch of like minded people who are always here to give each other support and advice.

I am sure you will fit right in…..

I am glad you made it through your first b2b it foes get a little easier honest. .. and I am glad I could help in a small way…

How is everyone doing? I am fasting Wednesday and Thursday this week if anyone wants to join me? (Hint to milena? )….

Ginette how are you doing? Keep in touch

Beverley hope Neil is feeling better….

Celtic glad the weight is going in the downward direction….

Hemmy keep on cheerleading we couldn’t manage without your phrase of the day now!

Have a great weekend my fellow brits

Karen how is your mum doing? I am thinking of you….

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 1,851 through 1,900 (of 35,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply.